Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:30 pm

Post by Adam The Amazing »

Hola a todos. I've got a little reading to catch up on, but hopefully I'll have something of little substance by the end of the weekend. For now, however...

FOS: Everybody but me.
I need to think of something clever to put here.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:47 am

Halfway done; I'm still in day one, of course, but I figured I could share some suspicions without properly backing them up as of right now.

Fletcher seems like a townie, along with yogurt thief. I think Fletcher has a power role.
I think TCS and yogurt are not both scum; one or the other might be, or they might both be town.
McStab seems like a vanilla townie OR a cop, I don't think he/she has any other power role.
I worry very much about Xdammno, because I read through another game he played and he had me hook, line, and sinker - then he turned out to be mafia. I suspect he's mafia here.
xyzzy seems like scum.
TCS wanted xyzzy dead, and was very point-blank about the "kill him" attitude, but after a simpleton post, changed his mind - I didn't like the way that looked.
Xdammno was pushing hard for yogurt for doing what I would consider making a connection based off his PM - this makes me think Xdammno is very scum. I don't think he's an All-Star, I think he's some outside force; maybe the SK, commissioner Stern?

And I'm aware it's YogurtBandit, not thief, but I thought it was funny. 10 pages to go, and then I'll hammer xyzzy if my thoughts haven't changed.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:49 pm

Okay, I'm theoretically all caught up.

Kudos for the person who said "los ojos." I think it was Xdammno.

Lay-ups are higher percentage than dunks.

Vote: Xdammno. FOS: xyzzy

I want to hammer. I'm pretty certain. I want a nameclaim first, though. Mr. Xyzzy, you have 36 hours to nameclaim (and role, if you so desire) or I'm hammering.

@ Xdammno; you were the one who said you're Jason Kidd, right?

Sonicpulsar - very very pro-town.

IH - town. Traditionally, if the mason recruiter tries to recruit a mafia member, that kills them. I'm new to this forum, so I've never had Thok as a moderator; would it be conceivable that this gets tweaked?
Also, IH is a good player. Calm without being a morose sulker, he would realize that a simple counter claim would mean his demise.

I feel that near the end of D1 and for most of today, Xdammno and xyzzy have been trying very hard to distance.

@ yogurtbandit - if you're going to make those little inane posts with quips, would it not be better to simply lurk? You're lurking while getting your post count up. On a similar note, Xdammno is, I feel, doing exactly what HC was talking about - he's hiding out in the open. It almost got him for a little while there today, but he looks to be temporarily off the hook.

I'm comfortable with what this town wants to do today.

Also... I don't want those people to say what they are, I don't want someone to say "they're not the cop, because I am!!" It's observations, not trying to get them to confirm/deny. Thus, I would say I'm not rolefishing.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:48 am

Unvote: Xdammno, Vote: xyzzy

I believe all the townies are people who were players. If I'm wrong, c'est la vie, but I'm willing to gamble it.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:14 pm

Xdammno, I've seen your defenses. They're very well put, very eloquent, and I enjoy reading them, but the problem is they trick me.

7 Alive, 4 to lynch, probably 2 mafia left. Would it be a good time for a cop claim if they have one guilty, or should they wait? What about if they have two innocents?

Fletcher, you're not tricking me and actually being mafia, are you?
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:28 pm

Wait...

Jason Kidd didn't play in the 2006 all-star game.
Thok wrote: It's a few days before the 2006 NBA All Star Game and Shaquille O'Neal has turned up dead. Which is a shame, since he's a cop in real life. But the game must go on, and who better to figure things out then the players themselves?
THIS
is why I think all the townies are people who were selected for the big game.

Oh, and BTW: I am not against a mass nameclaim, if others are insistent, but as a rule I tend to be against trying to mass claim to victory.

Vote: Xdammno
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:02 pm

The reason I'm voting for Xdammno is because he roleclaimed someone who didn't play in the game. Jason Kidd was not selected to the 2006 All-Star team. Thok wrote at the beginning,
who better to figure things out then the players themselves?
This piece of seemingly previously discarded "flavor" seems to give an important hint about who's not town.

For now,
Unvote
. I want to hear lots more. I don't really have anything to say off the top of my head about IH, other than I like(d) his playing style, even if it does sometimes seem a bit unorthodox.

And Fletcher, the putting of the second vote seems a bit quick for my liking. I understand (hell, I put the quick first vote on), but I'd like to talk lots. It makes me feel like I have friends. :-)

FOS: Xdammno, Fletcher.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:22 pm

If we're nameclaiming, we should do it before we know for sure whether or not the players are town and non-players are scum.

I unvoted because I don't want a ridiculously quick day. Good thing I did, too, because otherwise the day would be over. Let's slow down, and since SonicPulsar is so intent on discussing IH's death, let's do just that. I think this is showing SonicPulsar to be town, personally. SP, what do you think about it?

I don't think anybody caught that non-players were the mafia. What I quoted was posted on page one, but also on page 1 Thok stated that he was going to keep that information ambiguous for the moment (post 16). I think the only reason it got brought up again was because I replaced; the information there was months old, who could remember it?

I looked up the players for the All-Star game, it's not that I knew all the players off the top of my head. However, it's been all very big names that have been killed off; I'm a very big star as well, if I do say so. This page tells the lineups for the game. It's what I used... hooray wikipedia!

Yao Ming.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:50 pm

I think three isn't a bad spot for the reasoning you have. That theory is what I'm going on, and I understand if others aren't crazy to put all their eggs in that basket. Now that it's been pointed out, I would bet the last mafia member (assuming there are three and Xdammno is one) will falsely nameclaim.

I would venture a guess that I'm the first of that middle clump because I also stated who I believe to be town, who I believe has shown their innocence enough for me to have a bit of confidence in them. This could make for a fodder list for the mafia.

I also didn't like that TCS placed himself at the bottom of his list, but I can't say I fault him: if he placed himself anywhere else, what would that be saying? "I know for certain I'm town, but I believe others are town more than myself." Yeah right. As for me, had I made such a list I can say I would have also placed myself at the bottom. I'm convinced of my innocence; now my job is to convince others.

I'm really worried about how fast that day almost went. The people who voted after me and Fletcher; What's with the quicklynch tactics? If anything, it places suspicion on you and makes Xdammno look less suspicious. A good townie would not be in such a hurry to get the day over. I think someone didn't see my unvote buried in a post and tried to hammer... agreement anywhere?

With a 12 person game, I wouldn't think the only "cop" would be an NPC. Could be, but oh well. It's also entirely possible they have investigated people who have subsequently died, in which case it would be pointless to come out. Heck, I wouldn't even advise coming out with one innocent.

Well, at least we know that the mafia doesn't have any suspicions about who the power roles are, because they've gone to killing the most townie players. Hooray for being in the middle of lists!

And again, looking at post 16, it looks to me like Thok is avoiding saying that mafia are those who are not playing in the All-Star game. I realize that by shouting this theory to the high heavens and posting a link to the rosters it allows the last mafia to wait and then nameclaim, but mafia would probably be doing their research in order to be able to blend in anyway. Just a thought, so I hope my throat isn't jumped down for posting that.

Yogurtbandit, what do you think about life, the universe and everything?
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:42 am

inHimshallibe wrote::shock:

OK, so Adam and someone that hadn't name-claimed yet at that point are scum.

unvote
vote: Adam

Argh, I've been so suspicious of Xdaamno, and I normally listen to my gut, but the Adam vote is too compelling.

I'm a Grizzly, RAWR. Pau Gasol.
Nope. I'm a townie. Nobody can/will counterclaim Yao Ming, and you can bet the farm that he's a big enough name to make it into this game.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:40 pm

Before I came into the picture, the idea of safeclaims never were an issue. The thought of players/non-players on different sides was never an issue, because the theory had been forgotten. It's also possible the mod didn't think about someone looking up/knowing the lineups, so he didn't bother to dabble in safeclaim names.
Xdaamno wrote:EBWOP: Ooh, how about this: At the time, I think we knew it was only the all-star players were townies, right? Now, assumingly, the mod didn't provide bad names as safe claims for the scum, if they have any. Now if I was asked to roleclaim,
you're
suggesting I went with a bad name, i.e.
my own
name. Why wouldn't I use a safeclaim instead?

And if there's no safeclaims for scum, this game's quite unbalanced :P
To me, this sounds like complaining about the fact that a safeclaim wasn't provided for the mafia member, and it's now coming back to bite you in the butt. The smiley face seems like trying to come off as nonchalant, aloof, and seemingly happy for the game possibly being unbalanced, but to me it seems forced and fake. I think you're our best bet for today's lynch.

And it's
not
safe for me to assume anything. I know I'm town, I don't
know
about anybody else.

And just a little BTW: TCS, I don't know your allegiance, but Gilbert Arenas was a last minute replacement - for Jermaine O'Neal, who was in this game as a townie and got lynched day 1.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:12 pm

I think hammering Xdammno isn't a terrible idea, and I'm not adverse to hammering two days in a row. However, I want us to be on the same page before doing so.

IGMEOY, YogurtBandit.
You wanna know why? I think you lied. I think that's not your real name, I think you waited so long so you wouldn't risk double-claiming. The main reason for this is because my *town* PM, to not even come close to quoting :-), does NOT say my team name. Why did you include this little tidbit of information? Can anyone else verify this, or do others' dealybobs say their team names?
I think you made up the name after looking up the rosters elsewhere, possibly where I linked it. I didn't want to link for a while, but then I figured the mafia would probably have already figured out to find their own safeclaim, so I wouldn't be giving them a helping hand by broadcasting this info to all the townies.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:14 pm

Vote: Xdaamno

That puts one more until we find out about my theory.

I REALLY want to hear from others. Did your PM say your team? Mine didn't. Yogurtbandit posted his team, and I think it's a BS claim.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:35 pm

L-1 because I want you lynched because I think you're mafia. It's that simple.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:14 pm

I did also get prodded, but I have my vote where I want it. I haven't since had any epiphanies, so I have nothing to say. I guess I could/will work on my scummy list, from worst to me. :-)
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:30 pm

Well, if he's mafia and I wake up dead, then that means I won't be waking up.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:20 pm

I voted for him because when I was reading the thread after replacing, I was making notes and whatnot, and one of the major ones (that I said earlier) was that I felt like xyzzy and Xdaamno were distancing. It could be argued that they were bantering back and forth, that this could mean they're on opposite sides, blah blah blah, WIFOM up the creek, but the way it looked to me was that they were trying to put ground between each other. I came up with the All-Star theory the morning that I voted for xyzzy, and it wasn't until a couple days later that I was looking through the rosters again that I noticed Xdaamno's claimed character wasn't anywhere in there...

Now why in the hell would we be playing a game called "NBA All-Stars" mafia and have townies be non-players? xyzzy was a non-player who got caught by his playstyle and kind of solidified the grounds of the non-player = non-townie correlation in my head.
Every single townie who has died has been on the lineup. The only scum we've caught was not on the lineup.
Xdaamno is not on the lineup.
Adam The Amazing wrote:Well, if he's mafia and I wake up dead, then that means I won't be waking up.
That was an ill attempt at a joke. I added the votes up wrong and thought TCS's "confirmation" vote was the hammer.[/u]
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:39 pm

We already gave names. I'll copy TCS's post, with my own variation.
Fletcher: Rasheed Wallace.
SonicPulsar: Tracy McGrady
Yogurtbandit: Ben Wallace
Inhimshallibe: Pau Gasol
The Central Scrutinizer: Gilbert Arenas
Adam The Amazing: Yao Ming

Most to least scummy

1)Yogurtbandit - Acting scummy through the last bunch of pages. I should do a longer reread to try and see possible connections between him and xyzzy and Xdaamno.
T-2) Inhim - Tied for second, just because the three below are more protown. Also, when asked for nameclaims, he gave his team name (grizzlies), but he wasn't like YB in making it sound like it was his PM he was paraphrasing. He sounded like he legitimately knew the team and was just adding a tidbit of information.
T-2) TCS - Tied for second, just because the three below are more protown. Also, Gilbert Arenas wasn't originally in the All-Star game, he replaced Jermaine O'Neal, who WAS in this game.
-One of these two said that YB needed to be vigged/investigated. Assuming we have an investigator, why would we want to kill during the night, giving our cop one less chance to guess right?
4)Fletch - seemed protown on my initial read, and has thus disappeared a little bit, but I haven't gotten any scummy vibes all game.
5)SP - Probably the towniest player I've ever been in a game with. The only reason that he's not further down the list is because I've read my role PM, and because we don't have a confirmed cop telling us who's who, I'm only COMPLETELY sure about myself as a townie.
6)Me!
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:00 pm

Hmm. A roleblocker claim. Interesting. I don't know whether or not I believe it, because it's one of those things that can't be proven just by pointing out stuff. It would explain why I lived through the last two nights, since I was certain I was a dead man last night.

I think a cop claim would be good ATM, I think our best bet might be to no-lynch, depending (especially with this new claim), and I think Inhim is quick in voting that. I'll have to look through D2 posts to see what he means.

YB - Who else have you roleblocked throughout the game, and why?
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:47 pm

Well, everyone's posted since YB's roleblocker claim. Since nobody tried to deter by saying they're a doc (and I'm not the doc), I guess I want to hear a bit more from SP. I think a cop and/or doctor claim would be VERY good in this situation. However, if we do have a roleblocker, that also means we have a probably also have a GF (since one person goes to do the kill). Since the other two mafia weren't the GF, that would mean a remaining mafia member is.

What concerns me is 1) how quickly this is escalating. Either SP is mafia or someone currently voting for him is, barring some freak situation. 2) We have an even number of people, and we're pushing hard for a lynch. If TCS/Inhim and YB are the last two scum (assuming there were four to begin with; unlikely with no cop, but still possible), that means we're effectively at Lylo, should we choose to string someone up today. Here's what I think...

If we follow this strategy: YB, you roleblock SP again tonight. We no-lynch. If everyone's still alive, we string him up.
There's no real reason to lynch with six that's better than lynching with five, as far as I know.

Thoughts?
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:21 pm

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:No-lynching confirms nothing. If yogurt is lying scum, he can simply no-kill. We should just lynch sonic and then lynch yogurt if sonic isn't scum.
The middle part could be true: however, if we have a cop that has simply not yet come forward, then this could give them another night to check out someone; more than that, if YB is scum and uses this tactic, it's a night free of killing. It's a WIFOM, because YB would need to decide whether it's worth it or not to kill: if there's a cop, he would need to kill. If there's no cop, abstaining would be a good idea.

I would really enjoy a cop coming forward now. Even if we can only clear people, not even necessarily get a guilty, it would force YB into making a decision one way or another if we no-lynched.

I still think we should no-lynch. That way, if there are two mafia, then a cop could investigate and potentially get at least one guilty (since one can't be the GF): also, it would give us five people to choose from instead of six. I think I would die, since I feel like I'm very low on people's scumlists, but I'm okay with that. I really enjoyed hammering one scum one day and then being part of a lynch on a second the following day.

Also, I really don't like SP's posts since YB claimed roleblocker. They're vague, they're noncommittal, and it doesn't seem like he has any hope of living. Basically, it feels scummy to me. Does anyone else feel like his posts have changed? Or is it just that I thought he was very townie before?
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:54 pm

Why is no-lynch a bad idea?

...I also thought up, what if SonicPulsar is a scum buddy with either TCS or Inhim? With that, it would mean YB could block SP, but the other one could be the one to kill, making that theory useless. I'm going to say I think there are enough loopholes to disregard that plan I had.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (isolation #22) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:59 pm

YogurtBandit wrote:Starting to trhink if there is 4 Mafia, That Fletch and SP are partners....

Fletch could be bussing SP with the silver plattere thing. I dont like it.
A very hearty and scrutinizing
FOS: Yogurtbandit
. I really, really don't like where you're going with this. Those two have been playing like the top townies all game, and I still don't think either of them are mafia. I think SP could have the right of it with his most recent post.

We're going to either no-lynch today or tomorrow, if the game's not over at that time. Why not today?

Also, how common would it be for us to have a roleblocker, but no doc or cop? I don't know what the odds would be on these games, but I'd bet that's pretty low, and here's just a thought: what if YB is the last scum and is able to roleblock or kill, and chose to block who he thought was the cop?
xyzzy wrote:Okay, I'm assuming that we began with 3 mafia, which seems pretty standard.
Post 177.This makes me think that xyzzy accidentally gave away the number of mafia members D1. It's possible he said this even though there were four, but I don't think so. Because of this, I'm going to go against my instinct and say
Vote: SonicPulsar
. Martyr you may be, but I'll be really upset with myself if you're mafia and had me wrapped around your finger.

I'm doing this because Fletcher is right. With a "silver platter," we can scarcely afford to not do this. Also, why in the heck would you try and kill YB if we no-lynched? It would show him to be either the roleblocker or a vanilla townie. With the first, we then lynch you. With the second, you're cleared. If you were mafia, you would kill someone else, thus showing that YB is not a roleblocker and getting him thus lynched. Your last post was not a good one, I feel it ignored a lot of logic, and I'm going to roll the dice.

For other people: would a tie like this really go down to the first PM, or would the roleblocker take precedence? I would ask the mod, but I don't think I'd get an answer, because I don't believe he could answer it one way or another without incriminating someone.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (isolation #23) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:02 pm

One more thing: Nobody has said any other reasons for why nobody died, and not killing is always risky business for the mafia. It's a WIFOM that I am not even going to try to wade into, and I don't think it happened; the odds of a cop are too high.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:08 pm

Damn. No wonder I didn't get killed. I never would have voted for him unless there was no reason to keep him alive; luckily, the rest of the town helped.

Oh well, I got to hammer once. :-D

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”