Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:05 pm

Post by Adam The Amazing »

Alright, apparently a lot has gone down since I left for work. I'm here, I'll be here all night.

1) I already love Thin_Man. OMGUS
Vote: Thin_Man
2)As has already been outlined, there's nothing I can do against anonymous scribbling. I can say that I'm a townie, and that's exactly what I'm doing :-), but there's only one way to prove it, and I don't want that to happen.
ryan wrote:CKD: How goes it? I believe we need a little info before we think we've got "an easy first day lynch" I mean it can't be that simple.............can it?
For starters, no, it's not. Even if I were mafia, D1 is a very good day for discussion. With no deaths especially, it's good to have a big conversation and some debates within that, and then we lynch the scummiest player. When their alignment is revealed, along with the alignment of whoever dies in the night, it allows people to do a reread to see relationships that were built throughout the day that would have otherwise been hidden. In psychology it's called "hindsight bias," and it's basically just that every question seems simple if you already know the answer. It then makes the next, similar question that much easier to answer. It's for this reason that I love replacing into games; I feel like I can sometimes bring in a fresh perspective, which jolts up the game and usually helps the town a great deal.
SirWario wrote: I'm curious how Adam will explain it. Theres nothing he can really say to vindicate himself from this accusation except something to the extent of "I'm not scum".

We just have to decide which role is most likely to use this ability.
QFT, good sir, QFT.
Adele wrote: It'll probably be clear by endgame, and may decide the result in town's favour at that time. I don't think we should be using it as a guide as of yet.
I would agree with this as well. We could try quicklynching me to decide if the writing on the wall is infallible :wink: , but let's not.
I need to think of something clever to put here.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:03 pm

Aimee wrote:2. Twomz's stance on not lynching. I really don't agree with you, Twomz. No lynching takes away all the points of scum hunting. If we don't try to get scum, we won't get scum. And even if we lose two town, we will have information - votes, bandwagons and actions, all of which can be used later to find scum. In the long-term, it is incredibly beneficial to lynch on Day 1.
How I have always seen it is this:
by lynching, we have a chance to hit scum.
The probability is about 1/4, if we do it completely randomly, but the thing is that we don't do it randomly. We do it based off of what we see, who we think has things they're hiding, faulty reasoning, etc. Basically, we lynch those who, through their posts, seem more likely to be mafia. Going back to what I underlined,
if we do not lynch, the mafia cannot die
(with the exception of vigilantes, us getting lucky w/ a SK, things of that ilk). We must lynch because there is no other way to win. Day one is as good of a time to start as any. If we wait until D3, the mafia will have killed two people, which makes it like a D2 if we lynch D1. :-) We basically have more leeway, more "oops" room if we lynch earlier rather than later.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:29 am

In the games I've played, it's usually that about 25% of the people playing are scum. Not always, because 3 mafia and a SK decreases the power of the one anti-town faction, but when I mod games that's usually the balance I try to put in.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:59 pm

Drat, and I was hoping for a free pass!

In all actuality, though, I read the daybreak post and thought, "I'm going to be dead on page one." I'm glad I was wrong.

If nothing else than a misleading note, it sure is a conversation starter! eek.

Other than that, my behavior... I haven't posted a lot in this game (this is only the fourth and we're on the fourth page now), and I hope to rectify that a tad. I'm not a big fan of the one-liners that have no substance to them, and I feel that I have been doing a bit of contributing, substance-wise.

IMO, putting pressure on people who are saying to trust the note isn't a bad call (specifically pdcakes). I just say this because I believe that A) they wrote the letter, B) they're scum, or C) all of the above. Voting me rather than a random player would only lead to confusion D2, plus I don't believe any lynches in this game are really going to be 'random.'
pdcakes wrote:the way i see it it provides a little more information then just a straight up random vote. but thats only if the other option is to pick a random player
What I don't like about this is he's trying to push a lynch because the only other option is to select "at random." I've said how I feel about this, and there's one more thing in this post that bothers me. It's sounding like he's implying that he wants a cop to come out and give us what's known as "concrete" information. This isn't really scummy, IMO, he's not asking for it to happen now and he's not rolefishing. What I'm getting from it is that he doesn't like the idea of a random vote and he'd gladly go with the cop. Barring that happening, I'm the next best bet.
@Pdcakes: is this interpretation right, or am I seeing more than is there?
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:00 pm

Well, that interaction was... interesting, to say the least.

My bad on the over-analyzing, pdcakes. It just seems like you're the only one who's still talking about following the note, and I wonder why. I understand your stance on it, but like GOW, I don't really agree with it. Since I like living, this seems understandable.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:38 pm

Actually, pdcakes, I would have to say that you're at the top of my personal scumlist. I say this because you kept the note suggestion around long after it had been dropped by everyone else, and I got the same feeling as Twomz about your shifting position. Even in context it seems like you're flip-flopping. I just can't shake the feeling that you're not telling the truth in your posts. I could be wrong, but that's what I get from it.
The "if" thing, if nothing else, seems to show that you're being overly cautious about what you say and how you say it... possibly a cautious mafia, as was stated earlier.
Unvote: Thin_Man, FOS: pdcakes
. Not the fourth. Not yet.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:54 am

Touché. I actually thought about posting something to that effect, that right after I talked about a cautious mafia I was cautious in not placing my fourth vote. I decided against it because I thought it kind of obvious; I'm really liking the pace of discussion going on, I'm liking the amount of content, and I'm just not ready to get there (L-3) quite yet. I felt like my talking about purposely not placing the vote was me putting myself clearly on the bandwagon, without ambiguity.
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:19 am

Did you just try to take his last name?

... And here I thought the wedding season was winding down.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”