Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Hi, everyone.
I'm here and reading.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Trivia wrote:Among Mirth's 40 posts in this game, the word "Grek" is found 65 times.
Mirth, all you pretty much did during the whole game was discuss Grek's strategies. At this point how likely he is of being scum?

Also, if we were in Kingmaker and you were the Queen who would be on your "Execution List"?
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:33 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Mirth wrote: I don't know what Kingmaker is
Kingmaker.
Execution list is the list of people the king is considering to get rid of.
In other words, I wanted to know who, besides Grek, you could be suspecting.
Mirth wrote: I'm reserving judgement at the moment as I'm not satisfied with the amount of discussion so far. You're right, it has been mostly me and Grek arguing and other people sort of sitting on the sidelines.
Exactly.
The first nine pages of this game consisted of discussing Grek's plan and ben's wackyness. Neither case amounted to anything and now people got tired and stopped posting.
Actually, I would really like to knock people "out of the sidelines" and have them commit to an opinion about both situations.
Mirth wrote: present me with questions asked in a leading manner.
I just asked if you think Grek is scum and who else you suspect. Normal mafia questions. If I'm not accusing you why are you so defensive?
Mirth wrote: 1. what do you think of your predecessor? I'm sure we're all wondering this.
In most games here at Mafia Scum you win with your side even if you die during the game. This is to incentivate players to play well and try their best to catch scum even knowing that if they play too well they will end up targeted by mafia at night.
Some players seem to not think this way, and do their best to survive the more they can. A classic example would be creampuffeater in Himalayan Mafia. He didn't help the town at all, he was happy just to not be the lynch of the day and survive to see another day. Of course the mafia didn't kill him at night and he got to endgame just to lynch Twomz and handle the mafia the win.
I think ben is this kind of player. He was happy to jump on any bandwagon as soon as someone else got killed. And he didn't want to lead anything to not call mafia's attention and get nightkilled.
Also, based on his last post I think he plays mafia online on sites where the things go much faster, making his style more effective.
In other words, I don't think ben cared who got lynched.
He just wanted to survive.

At least that's what I saw last time I hacked into his brain.
Mirth wrote: 2. this execution list thing. I suppose, since you asked me, it would be only fair to ask you who you think is suspicious thus far and why?
In your own words: "I'm reserving judgement at the moment as I'm not satisfied with the amount of discussion so far."
My intention is to have everyone state their opinion about Grek and about ben/me. So we can have something to judge about everyone, and we can see who really had an opinion or was just jumping wagons.
Mirth wrote: I know that I'm probably at the top of that list,
At the moment the list is almost empty. I need more info so I can insert names above and/or under you.
Mirth wrote: humor me a little,
In her last post, Mirth avoided mentioning the word Grek even once, in order to decrease her average of Grek's per post.

Everyone:

I would like you all to answer this question:
What's your opinion about Grek and why?

My opinion is that Grek is not scum, or at least his plans are not sign that he is scum, I read him as a new player looking for a "catch" to help him get scum.
Am I wrong? Am I right? State your opinion.

Also, I saw many posts of people "waiting for AKO" to say something. Well now I'm here. Time to say what you have been waiting to say.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

MOD
- Would it be possible to prod all players who haven't posted since Aug, 28th? Tell them I'm here, waiting for them.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:09 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Mirth wrote:
Dead Rikimaru wrote: I just asked if you think Grek is scum and who else you suspect. Normal mafia questions. If I'm not accusing you why are you so defensive?
Because I've yet to see someone go through posts and actually count the number of times one player mentions another player's name. (Though I am new on this site, I have read through a pile of completed games to get the gist of what is supposed to be going on.) This, obviously, bothers me. Ergo I am defensive. Also suspicious.
Not that much work.
I noticed the name Grek showed too much in your posts, so I made the forum display all posts from you, clicked control+f and counted the Grek's.
Just took few seconds, but you keep repeating and repeating this as if it were a carefully planned attack.
Also, if you had gotten the gist of what's ging on you wouldn't get overly defensive on non-attacks.
Mirth wrote: Nice bit of analysis there, but you seem to have missed something. Ben put a vote on me. I did not have any votes prior to him. He gave, as his reason, a copy and paste of Grek's post arguing with my argument against Grek's theory and didn't explain that vote when asked about it. Now, I might be wrong, but one vote does not constitute a bandwagon. This was also before people started questioning me about arguing with Grek. Therefore I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I wasn't in any danger of being lynched right at that moment and certainly didn't have a bandwagon on me.

Following through with your bit of logic, then, if Ben really wanted a lynch that wasn't himself for the sake of having a lynch that wasn't himself, wouldn't he have voted someone with votes on them already? Like, for instance, Grek or Nox or Jex? Yet he didn't go along with the peanut gallery. Nor did he actually provide a reason for voting me. The problem with Ben was not in his vote, but rather in his lack of explanation for the vote.

So then, since your opinion references a situation that did not occur, could I ask you to please comment on Ben in this context?
Just because I meant he was happy to jump on any bandwagon (obviously meaning he didn't care on who he was voting, as everyone seems to have understood) you take my words out of context (as if I had said he would only vote if it was already a bandwagon) and try to make my point null by saying you had not enough votes to be considered in a bandwagon?
lol, such a boring and long way of saying nothing. :roll:

I have said enough about ben. I would still like to hear Zindaras, inHim and nox comments on grek and ben/dead rikimaru situations as i requested.
Zindaras wrote:Mirth: I've been busy. With stuff. There are some games which I've let down. This is one of them. I intend to make up for it pretty soon.
He posted 45 times on the site after this.
And we are on a deadline!!!
Lurking scum avoiding the spotlights before the deadline much?

vote: Zindaras
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:34 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:
Zindaras wrote:Mirth: I've been busy. With stuff. There are some games which I've let down. This is one of them. I intend to make up for it pretty soon.
He posted 45 times on the site after this.
And we are on a deadline!!!
Lurking scum avoiding the spotlights before the deadline much?

And after that he posted 9 more times in two days and is still ignoring this game.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

inHimshallibe, on Sep 02, in the Vacation/Limited Access thread wrote:I don't know why I thought this year would be any different. Confused School takes too much of my time, especially this year, and from my first week alone I really don't think I can responsibly post every one or two days, so I'm going to nip the problem in the bud. Sorry to all the moderators who have to replace me. I'm sending a list of my 3 setups to raj (Newbie 410, 431, and Open 39) so someone can pick them up if they are to continue.

I'll still be around on AIM... maybe... and my e-mail still works if you need to get in touch with me. If I ever come back here it'd have to be in a year and a half. Wink

See y'all around, and take care. Smile
I was checking the Vacation/ Limited Access thread and saw this.
I though the mod might be interested.

By the way,
unvote
for now.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:51 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:
inHimshallibe, on Sep 02, in the Vacation/Limited Access thread wrote:I don't know why I thought this year would be any different. Confused School takes too much of my time, especially this year, and from my first week alone I really don't think I can responsibly post every one or two days, so I'm going to nip the problem in the bud. Sorry to all the moderators who have to replace me. I'm sending a list of my 3 setups to raj (Newbie 410, 431, and Open 39) so someone can pick them up if they are to continue.

I'll still be around on AIM... maybe... and my e-mail still works if you need to get in touch with me. If I ever come back here it'd have to be in a year and a half. Wink

See y'all around, and take care. Smile
I was checking the Vacation/ Limited Access thread and saw this.
I though the mod might be interested.

By the way,
unvote
for now.
mod?
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Mirth wrote:I must say, vanilla claims bother me more than claims of a power role, partially for the reason that with a powerrole there is always the chance of a counterclaim,
This is also not true for minis.
In a newbie there will only be one single doc, or one single cop. So what you say works fine. But in a mini it's possible (although unlikely) to have 2 cops or 2 docs, specially with sanities involved.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:59 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

You should be sleeping...
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:34 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Deadline is extended until the 14th of september[/quote]
KaleiÐoscøpe's last post on this game was on Sep. 06th. Since that day he has posted 26 times on Mafia Scum.
KaleiÐoscøpe's last vote count was on Aug 30th.

Obviously scum
vote KaleiÐoscøpe

Mod, can we have a prod on KaleiÐoscøpe, please?
Uh, wait!
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:54 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Grek wrote: [mrow] ??? [col]Mafia does not NK him; he is a Doc[col]Mafia do NK him; he is a Doc[col]Mafia does not NK him; he is Scum[col]Mafia do NK him; he is Scum[col]% chance of good things[col] Town lynches today [col]Lynched doc[col]Lynched doc[col]Lynched mafia[col]Lynched mafia*[col]50**[col] Town refuses to lynch without proof (no cop) [col]Best case senario*[col]Doc NKed****[col]Worst case senariao[col]Mafia NKed*[col]00***[col] Town refuses to lynch without proof(cop) [col]Best case senario*[col]Doc NKed****[col]Cop claims/Mafia lynched[col]Mafia NKed*[col]50***[col] Town lynchs if he is alive tomarrow [col]Town lynches doc tomorrow[col]Doc Nked****[col]Lynched mafia tomorrow[col]Mafia NKed*[col]50**[col]

* Is so unlikely to happen I am going to treat it as the one to the immediate left or right when calculating chance of good things
** Is randomly either killing a doc or mafia worth it?
*** Is really 25%; 50/50 shot of having a cop.
**** Barring another doc/roleblockers
Wow, thanks a lot.
I was going to make a huge post talking about all those possibilities, that table made my work much easier.
I just have some notes to make.

1- The best case scenario is not that good. If mafia decides to let the doc live the discussion we had today (Grek's plan) will be replaced tomorrow by "Why is Pug still alive" and lot's of Wifom will unveil, and Pug will not will not be cleared, and we will be stuck in the same situation.

2- Doc is Mafia's favorite roleclaim. Either he (the claiming mafioso) gets the real doc to claim, OR he lives another day (one nnocent lynched and other nightkilled) and the get a Cop claim the following day, OR he is a investigation immune GF and is cleared by the cop, OR there is no cop and he never gets lynched.

3- As stated by other players Merlin does not fit corectly a "real" doc. Could be a mod suggested fake claim.

4- If we start switching wagons until people claim more info for the mafia, and remember we are on a deadline.

For all those reasons I support a
vote Pug89

MOD
:
I apologize for asking this AGAIN, but since we are on a deadline could we give a last Day1 prod to the players who hasn't posted the last two days?
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

The rules do not state this is a no-role reveal game, so I hope there is an ingame event (a player power, a character's death) that triggers the role revealing.
No role reveal games are very hard for town to win, since every lynch is more or less a day 1 lynch.
Ah, and it's also not fun at all.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:14 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Oman wrote:
Dead Rikimaru wrote:The rules do not state this is a no-role reveal game, so I hope there is an ingame event (a player power, a character's death) that triggers the role revealing.
No role reveal games are very hard for town to win, since every lynch is more or less a day 1 lynch.
Ah, and it's also not fun at all.
At least we get allignment.
Not useful enough.
Suppose Jex (who didn't claim but was still suspicious of Pug's claim) was the real doctor. Now Pug can claim doc as much as he wants unharmed.
Also, scum can claim whatever they feel like because they will either out the real role or have no counterclaim.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Zindaras wrote:Again, a shortie:
Glork wrote:No, I am not NK-immune. And since I apparently was targeted for vigging, I feel obliged to claim. I am
Puss-In-Boots
, masons with Donkey/Dead-Rikimaru. (That's the other reason I
know
that Ben/Riki isn't scum.)
Confirmed innocence? Or do you just believe it? Also, Riki, could you confirm that claim?
He is telling the truth.
I'm amazed by all that have happened here since I last looked, I'm rereading and will have a lot to say tomorow.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

I'm still catching up.
I'm good at evaluating role claims in theme games, so don't do anything ugly before we have the last claims and I can check them.
I already have some ideas, but I will wait until Faerie make his claim.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:41 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

I finished catching up and finally understood the reason for the mass claim.
I also understand the reason for the setup's no-role reveal.
I have my ideas on likelihood of each person being town/scum, but won't spoil it before faerie claims.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:58 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

I noticed you trying to breadcrumb, but I couldn't get it.
A Tracker (my favorite role) is a great asset in our situation, since we have lot's of people with night actions.
I have to go out now, while I'm away I will be thinking on the possibilities. Expect another post by me tonight.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:59 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

A question to faerie: What is your character name?
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:10 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

I still want to know FLord's role character before I comment.

And Mirth, who did you protect?
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

People, let's not lynch anyone yet.
We need to go to night with a plan, and to make that plan we need to know FL's character first, since in this setup character names make a lot of difference.

After FL claims we must decide who we can confirm by directig night actions, and just then who is the best option for a lynch.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (isolation #21) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

I will now read the last comments and make three posts:
1 about character alignement considerations
1 about setup considerations
1 with a night actions proposition

I intend to post all this today, but bear with me since I'm having a busy weekend and I spend a lot of time to write in English.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (isolation #22) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:26 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Considerations on characters/ possible alignements:

Mexal Pinocchio Cop Glork(I) Haschel(I)

I'm inclined to believe his claim, although I have issues with a cop in a game full of docs and the character gives me doubts about sanity.
PROS

Investigated Glork as innocent (what I know is true)
Was not counterclaimed
CONS

In a game with so many doctors a cop could be invincible, if he is a cop the possibility of the mafia be among the doctors increases.
Why is lying Pinicchio the cop? This makes me consider his sanity even if he is innocent. A bad sanity cop could be could polarize doc protections for nothing.
He claimed cop after Glork claimed mason and haschel claimed Shrek, making them convenient targets sice their claims alone quite cleared them.
If scum receive the full roles of nightkilled players and Jex/Muffin was the cop, claiming cop would be very safe.

Goldfish Princess Fiona Vigilante N/A? InHim/Glork

I'm inclined to believe she is indeed a killing role (vig or SK). Even if she is a SK she is more dangerous for mafia now than for town, so she should be kept alive for now.
PROS

Princess Fiona is a strong claim
FL confirmed she targeted Glork, and Mirth protected Glork, explaining why he is alive.
CONS

She insists she targeted inHim because he is lurking and nonproductive, but he actully had left the site while she was lurking and was still in the site.
She was so sure that inHim was scum but by the end of Day 1 she was voting on no one. If she had voted inHim he would have been lynched.
She is too sure a RB player is informed of RB, knowing this much about how RB works in this game may mean she belongs to Mafia and has a RB partner.

Mirth King Harold Doctor InHim/Glork InHim/Glork

The protection on Glork pratically confirms her as doc and Goldish as vig/sk. IF in the end she turns out scum she is probably together with Goldfish and probably Faerie Lord. I think she is a good candidate for investigation, since knowing her alignement could confirm/deny the above theories.
PROS

Claims to have protected Glork, explaining why he is still alive.
CONS

King Harold dies in Shrek 3, making his name more likely for a fake claim
King Harold is actually a frog, making him less probable for "sane doc", even if innocent.
She posted a lot ingame, but most of it was attacking Grek and ben and asking for clarifications. I have the impression she has actually participated less than it looks.

Zindaras Queen Lillian Doctor N/A DR

The biggest problem with Zindaras is his strange lurking on Day 1. Also one of the few roles not confirmed by the action of other role. A good candidate for tracking.
PROS

Queen Lilian is a strong claim. Very good character.
CONS

Is not one of the main characters, but is a very good character, making a strong fake claim
His protection is not confirmed by other roles.

Oman Dragon Doc Roleblocker N/A N/A

Oman claims to be a doc blocker. If he is protown it means the the royal docs are probably the mafia.If he is mafia it means that the royal docs are probably town. My idea (in post #3 is to have two pairs of night action combos based on the outcome of this lynch. My setup theories I will explain on post #2.
PROS

A "doc blocker" may mean a roleblocker if the docs are mafia in this game
CONS

As Zindaras noted he said he didn't like the amount of doc claims, while his role indicated the presence of multiple docs. It could indicate fake claim.
If the royal docs are not mafia, he is kind of detrimental to the town for blocking their protection, even if he is protown.

Haschel Shrek Doctor Jex Oman

Being uncontested Shrek and a doc investigation he is pratically cleared, unless the mod decided to give Shrek the godfather position.
PROS

The name of this game
Cop investigation
CONS

Would Shrek be a fake claim given by the mod?
Would Shrek be the godfather in this game?

Pug Merlin Doctor Nox Mirth

Although not counterclaimed on day 1, he is very different from the other docs. If the royal docs are the mafia he is the "real" doc of the game, otherwise he is probably scum.
PROS

None of the other claimed doctors counterclaimed him on day1 or was voting him by day's end.
Merlin was Artie's professor and Artie was protown (Grek)
CONS

Merlin's magic generally backfires, so even if protown he may not be a regular doc.
If the royals are not mafia, i think he probably is.
Like Zindaras, he didn't have other players nightactions to confirm him.

Faerie/Adam Big Bad Wolf Tracker Jex Goldfish (targ:Glork)

He was the last to claim, took long to claim character and in the end claimed a minor character. I still think it's worth a shot to test his ability next night.
PROS

Confirmed Goldfish targeted Glork, although he did it after he had already admitted that.
CONS

Took long to claim, and claimed a minor character.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (isolation #23) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:30 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

As expected it took me very long to make the post above.
I'm going to sleep now, by tomorrow night I intend to post my views on possible character linkings/setup configurations (post #2) and the best combination of night actions depending on the lynching results (post #3).

Please don't lynch anyone before i'm finished.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (isolation #24) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

I apologize for not showing up yesterday.
I will now be making the promised posts.
This may take long, so please wait a bit.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (isolation #25) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:35 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

GRRRRRRRRR,
Computer froze wiping out the organized/large post I was previewing and editing.

Whatever,

You could classify the players in this game in three categories:
a) Royalty (King, Queen, Pincess, Prince)
b) Masons (Donkey, Puss)
c) Others (Merlin, BBWof, Pinocchio, Dragon)

The basic idea is that this game has multiple docs for some reason. There are four claimed docs and two possible dead docs.
This brings 3 possible scenarios:

1- The mafia is among the royals

In this case the mafia is the royal family, or part of it. The doc claims are just to spread confusion.
2- The mafia is among the others

In this case the mafia is spread among the least important characters, so all the royals are really docs (they are town, so they are not lying) and the mafia probably has some sort of power to conpensate the excess of doctors (or there are doctor sanities).
3- The mafia is mixed among royals and others

This way there are also a lot of docs (and Merlin has a higher probability of being really doc) so what I said about mafia powers and sanities still apply.

What may help us understand more the setup is Oman's alignement.
He claims to be a doc blocker, what really makes no sense for a protown player(worst than a townie), unless the docs are the mafia.

My proposition is to lynch Oman (who I'm inclined to think is mafia, anyway) with two possible nightaction directioning in mind:

a) If Oman is mafia: We would rather investigate/track/vig members of the Others group.
b) If Oman is town: We would rather investigate/track/vig members of the Royal group.

So, if the town agrees with this idea, we should decide now what to do in both situations and only then lynch Oman.

I have my own suggestions, but It's 3:30 AM. Tomorrow I will post them.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (isolation #26) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:25 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

No opinions on my proposition?
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #27) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:15 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Mexal wrote:
Mirth wrote:DR, your preposition is actually entirely up to the cop, I have to say, since ultimately Mexal is the final word on who gets investigated. (I'm still not sure of Mexal's sanity though.)
I don't see what the issue is with my sanity? Why would there be any doubt to it? Are you saying you think Haschel and Glork are scum? Because both times they were investigated, they came up town.

Zindaras, I know, but I'm getting bored. We've stalled and I think the best option is to lynch Oman and let me investigate. I was thinking if I announced I'd investigate Pug, it'd get this game moving again.

DR, your suggestions have merit and I will take them into account. Lets see what happens when we lynch Oman though :)
1- The issue with your sanity is due to your character. Pinnochio has a relation with lying that may influence the way your character works.
Insane cops are never informed they are insane, so unless if find someone guily there is a chance you are naive.

2- We have two investigative roles, so I think we could make the best use of them if we made sure they would clear different people.

3- If Oman turns scum, I think Pug would better be vigged than investigated. Your investigation would be better used on Faerie Lord.
If Oman turns town I would like to have Pug investigated rather than vigged.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #28) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:42 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Mexal wrote:
Dead Rikimaru wrote: 1- The issue with your sanity is due to your character. Pinnochio has a relation with lying that may influence the way your character works.
Insane cops are never informed they are insane, so unless if find someone guily there is a chance you are naive.

2- We have two investigative roles, so I think we could make the best use of them if we made sure they would clear different people.

3- If Oman turns scum, I think Pug would better be vigged than investigated. Your investigation would be better used on Faerie Lord.
If Oman turns town I would like to have Pug investigated rather than vigged.
True, he does, but he also is very obvious when he lies. His nose gets all big and everyone knows. So I don't really see the point of me lying, especially when I was told I was the most honest of the bunch. I guess it's possible, but I'm discounting it for now.

Your suggestions are sound, though I don't know if I'd investigate Faerie Lord. We'll see.
There are two reasons to investigate FL.

1- If Oman is scum it's possible that the scum is in "The Others" group. So he is candidate. Pug is scummier than him, so he should be vigged, not investigated.

2- Being a minor investigative role, the tracker may help us confirm some of the claimed doctors. (Like if they targeted who they said they targeted, and if the person died or not), so have him as another confirmed innocent would only benefit town. (How can we trust his investigation otherwise?) He may even be able to confirm you, if it becomes necessary.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:05 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Suggestions for nightactions coordination:

1- In case Oman is scum ("others" mafia theory)

Mexal investigates FLord (to have a trustworthy tracker)
FLord follows Zindaras
Delicious vigs Pug (second scummiest player)
Haschel protects Mexal
Mirth protects FLord
Zindaras potects a mason

2- In case Oman is town ("royal" mafia theory)

Mexal investigates Zindaras
FLord follows Mirth
Delicious vigs ???

Thoughts?
I'm inclined to think scenario 1 is much more likely, but we should discuss scenario 2 just in case.
I'm unsure about doc protections on the second scenario.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (isolation #30) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:51 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Mirth wrote:I like Zindaras's weighted probabilities idea better, honestly.
That idea is bad because it assumes that all doctors are really doctors.
Let's suppose you assign A to protect either B or C.
C shows up dead, and all that A has to do is claim he protected B.
A's doc claim is not proven , nor his alignement.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (isolation #31) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:16 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Mirth wrote:Yet your idea leaves people obviously open so it doesnt prove if doctors are effective or not either.
But leaves the key players protected.
If Mirth is assigned to protect Mexal and Mexal shows up dead then there may be something wrong with Mirth.
If Mirth is assigned to protect either Mexal or FaerieLord and Mexal shows up dead all Mirth has to say is "Sorry, I chose to protect FL" so Mirth can be as much scum as she wants and will go on unharmed.
By the way, I already know that Mirth hates everything about all my ideas except a the note about Pinocchio's character that puts little doubt about his sanity. Interesting.
Now I want OTHER opinions.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:21 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:That's why I prefer the plan I outlined a few pages ago. Yes, it leaves people open, but if a doctor dies, it proves the doctor supposedly protecting them is scum. We get FL to track Mexal, and have him tell us who Mexal targeted before Mexal reveals his investigation result.
Sorry, I don't find this plan. Can you explain it again, and also give your suggestions for nightactions in case you disagree with any of them.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (isolation #33) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:03 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

PROD: Can we have a mass MOD!

er, sorry.:oops:

MOD: Can we have a mass PROD !
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:49 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

I still think my way is better.
In my way the important roles will be 100% protected, unless there is a suicidal scumdoc.
In Zindaras' way everyone is 50% protected, but if there is a scum doc assigned to protect an important role he can kill that role without risk.

I consider myself a not important role (a mason is basically a townie that can gossip at night, big deal), but I prefer to have our cop 100% safe and face certain death at Night than be 50% safe at Night along with the cop.

The equilibrium Zindaras proposes is not possible simply because not all roles have the same value. Also there is the possibility that the docs ARE the mafia, so leaving the choices for them may be handing the game to scum.

That said if the majority still disagrees with me there is nothing I can do. But let's make sure our vig is still around before we lynch Oman.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (isolation #35) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:27 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Oman wrote:I don't like that for one reason Mirth.

That is that you're giving options so if the scum DO kill, they can just say "oh, I protected the OTHER one"
QFT
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:37 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

*sits in a rock and waits for FL's results*
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Mexal wrote:
Dead Rikimaru wrote:*sits in a rock and waits for FL's results*
I'm too impatient for this :(
Want to play poker?
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:56 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Mexal wrote:EBWOP:

Especially when I don't think it really matters.

Glork is confirmed town. Haschel is confirmed town. DR is confirmed town. I am town. Mirth is believed to be town. Zindaras is considered suspicious and no one knows anything about FaerieLord.

Add in my investigation and it's a clear path to the scum. But meh, I'll wait.
I'd say DG's alignement confirms Mirth too. (If Mirth didn't protect inHim/Glork) he would be dead.
But it's important that FL reveals his info first. The path may be even a bit more clear that way. ;)
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:07 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Mexal wrote:
Dead Rikimaru wrote:
Mexal wrote:
Dead Rikimaru wrote:*sits in a rock and waits for FL's results*
I'm too impatient for this :(
Want to play poker?
Hehe, I would if I wasn't at work. Btw, how exactly do you sit in a rock?
Like this?

Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:40 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Mexal wrote:Yes, but they're sitting on a rock. You said you were sitting in a rock. That would be a much more interesting feat :)
Oh, well.
There are some details on the English language I simply can't get.:oops:
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:56 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

You need to level up your summon materia.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Mexal wrote:
Dead Rikimaru wrote:You need to level up your summon materia.
I agree. You got any suggestions on how?
Defeating monsters that give good AP in random battles. :roll:
Glork wrote:Shhhhh. If Fae is going to try to bus Zindaras, I want him to bus Zindaras without being suspicious of us suspecting it.
Nah, he would never suspect that. :P
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (isolation #43) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:00 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

No.
MOD: Please PROD FL. We need him to post in order to continue the game.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:06 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

It would be cruel to get a replacement, make him/her read 34 pages of game, just to be lynched with practically 0 chance of being saved.
I propose that we set a deadline for FL, if he doesn't show up Mexal reveals his result and THEN we decide the need to ask for replacement.
Also, if FL and Zindaras are definetly scum it's better for us to lynch Zindaras and have FL not be around during night to send the mafia nightkill. ;)
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:11 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Please, Zindaras. Die like this!
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (isolation #46) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:09 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Zindaras wrote: I had to kill the confirmed Masons, as they had the potential to screw me over.
Actually if you had killed one of us, the other would have turned into a mafiate.
I feel there was chance the game could have turned in your way.

If we didn't direct nightactions, two docs could have protected the cop and the cop would have died.
+1 to directing nightactions after a mass claim.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (isolation #47) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:12 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Oman wrote:
Riki wrote:He just wanted to survive.
Ping, ping, pingping, pingpingping. Sorry thats my breadcrumb-o-meter.
Your breadcrumb-o-meter was right.
I said this in case claiming survivor were need afterwards.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (isolation #48) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:23 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Glork wrote:I think possibly my only mistake was in naming my mason-partner specifically.
You never fooled me.
It was no mistake.
You named me as your mason partner because masons are easy targets, and putting a target on my back as well increased YOUR chance of surviving.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:35 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

I think this could have been a balanced game. The problem is that the setup depended on luck to achieve balance.
If docs protected the same person there would have been more deaths, and if a mason died the other would turn into scum.
Also, the masons could have decided to become scum by endgame, but without nightkills and having to win by lynching the others the chances were slim, so winning by default as survivors was almost the ONLY choice.
If Zindaras and Oman were informed of those mechanics, they could have benefited from the mass claim (they could kill me and have the cop cleared Glork join them) and from nigtaction directing (having two docs protect the cop just to be sure) ;)
Also, bad bad bad claim, Oman. You would be better claiming doc too. ;)

Thanks for the game, Scope. In the end winning as a survivor was a bit harder than winning as a townie. I'm glad FL was NOT scum, since he could have thought killing a mason would be a better idea. ;)
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (isolation #50) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:45 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Glork wrote:Oh it was absolutely intentional, DR, but I wasn't going to reveal
that
to the town. I'm glad I managed to make it look more panicked and reactionary, though, because it became perfectly believable/understandable that I would "screw up" and name you, too. :P

I was trying to decide what to do had you actually been killed... would I claim to be a Survivor as well, or would I profess bastard-modding and state that my PM only said you were "not scum"?
I had tentatively opted for the latter, but either one seemed touchy to me. I'm glad it didn't come pu.
Don't worry. Glork.
I had a knife with your name written on it too.:twisted:
But as the game progressed I decided that being the less popular of the masonry was an excuse perfect enough. ;)
If scum wanted to get rid of a mason, why would they kill a poor ninja if they could get rid of the Paragon of Mafia Hunters? They would only kill me if they suspected you were protected.

By the way, what I said above was true about inHim too.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”