Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Mini 1018––DNA Evidence (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Shepherd_of_Wolves »

Mini 1018––DNA Evidence

This is the Opening Post. It contains updated information, and links to important spots in the game. Check it regularly for updated links to the Vote Counts and Game Flavor.

Players (alphabetical)

don_johnson
Town Mason

Doombunny9
– 
Evidence Contaminator
– Living winner!
drmyshottyizsik
Vanilla Mafia
– Dead winner!
Hrezs
Evidence Examiner

iiiiiiq
Zajnet
– 
Vanilla Townie

Katsuki
Examiner Intern
to
Evidence Examiner

Korashk
Vanilla Townie

LynchMePls
– 
Evidence Collector

Mysterio –
Town Mason

pacman281292
Vanilla Townie

Prox
Vanilla Mafia
– Dead winner!
zwetschenwasser –
Evidence Collector

Standby Players (order of replacement)

Important Game Links

Rules
Sample Roles

Post Game Links

Player ROLES revealed
Delivered Examiner Reports
MOD notes for building Examiner Reports

Game Flavor

Prologue – Crime is on the rise in Huntsville, Alabama.
ACT 1

ACT 1–Scene 1 – Jerry Harmon arrives at MSFC grieving about the abduction of Monica Jenkins, a young mother.
Scene 2 - Day 1 Lynch – drmyshottyizsik was drug out of church meeting and shot to death in the parking lot. Jerry was present to witness the murder.
Scene 3 – Night 1 Kill – Jerry in the Birdsprings Police station is informed that Hrezs, who was at the church was killed too.
Scene 4 – Jerry decides to take time off work. He leads a research team that develops rocket propellent.
ACT 2

ACT 2–Scene 1 – Day 2 Lynch – The news announces the death of Prox. Jerry was shocked to learn that criminal activity was linked to drmyshottyizsik.
Scene 2 – Night 2 Kill – Jerry hires Nick a Private Investigator to get to the bottom of this. Nick askes Jerry if he was familiar with don_johnson. Jerry was not. This rebel group is identified.
Scene 3 – Day 3 Lynch – Nick tells Jerry about the Irish Mob, the Celtics. He links some pieces together about this group who is trying to undermine the mafia. But, the celtics sent hit-men to kill this group. Pacman was beaten to death by chains and clubs.
Scene 4 – Night 3 Kill – A building explodes while Evidence is being collected. LynchMePls, who was killed, appears to be the target of the explosion, as he was investigating the scene where pacman's body was found.
ACT 3

ACT 3–Scene 1 – Day 4 Lynch – Jerry has returned to Marshall to work. He was awakened from his thoughts about recent events by the Army Base lock down. After nearly 3 hours, he learns Zajnet, the spouse of a sergeant, was killed in the residential sector on base.
Scene 2 – Night 4 Kill – Nick and Jerry discuss recent details. Jerry is informed that explosive material under research on the Redstone Arsenal base was discovered at the building explosion. Katsuki, the Examiner Intern, was disclosed as a dead party involved in uncovering the mafia scheme. Jerry wonders if anything can be done to stop the deaths, and make contact with the living members in this group.
Scene 3 – Day 5 Lynch – Korashk killed in Jerry's personal park. Nick disappears. Jerry is confused and lost without knowing how to contact Nick.
Scene 4 – Victorious Players Declared – Jerry Harmon was arrested for 3 murders. It turns out that Doombunny was disguised as Nick. He framed Jerry for these crimes. Jerry is left to worry about Monica Jenkins, and his own fate as a truly innocent convict.

Vote Counts

Day 1 starting point.
1.1 / 1.2 / 1.3 / 1.4 / 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.7 drmyshottyizsik Lynched.

Day 2 starting Point.
2.1 Prox Lynched.

Day 3 starting Point.
3.1 / 3.2 / 3.3 / 3.4 pacman281292 Lynched.

Day 4 starting point.
4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 / 4.4 Zajnet Lynched.

Day 5 starting Point.
5.1 / 5.2 Korashk Lynched.
Last edited by Shepherd_of_Wolves on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:34 am, edited 41 times in total.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:09 am

THE RULES
by Shepherd of Wolves
Good game design and management is my purpose. I reserve the right to modify these rules.

General Management

1 –
IT IS PLAYED FOR FUN
. Apparently, some people need to be reminded this is a game. To help with the fun, keep the “attacks” aloof of the person, and just on the game character they represent. If you are disrespectful to me or other players, you will be replaced. I have fun when you guys enjoy my game design, so I try to make it fair, balanced, and understandable.

2 –
Disputes with the MOD
. I help ensure the game is fun, and well managed. I am generous when possible. The rules are set up for good game management and I will follow them. If there is a dispute, I will make the final call. I am not perfect. I respect your opinion. Politely express your concerns as they arise. Thank you for being patient. I reserve the right to remove any player for unreasonable conduct.

3 –
Game COMMITMENT
. If you cannot commit to these rules, and to the timeframe, then please consider another game. If you are going to be LOA for more than 4 days, or repeatedly, then please consider another game. I like the game to move quick so that everyone can play, but not feel overburdened. I expect this game to be finished close to 5-8 weeks. If it is moving too slow, I will post deadlines.

4 –
TIMEFRAME FOR DAY & NIGHT PHASES
. In general I would like Day phases to be completed within 7-12 days. Night phases will have a standard 24-48 hour window, which will be posted for each incident.

5 –
EXTENSIONS to a set deadline
are allowed in rare circumstances. I will determine when it is permitted. If the town requests an extension, 75% (rounded up) must agree before it will be considered. If I feel that is unreasonable in the circumstance, I may change my mind. But, likely not. Extensions will generally only be 24-48 hours.

6 –
PRODDING
. Please be active. Flakers are not tolerated. I expect people to post within 36-48 hours of their posts. You will get prodded if you do not speak in the thread without prior open explanation. If you do not respond in the thread with in an additional 36 hours, I assume you are “flaking” and will start the replacement process. If I have to prod you excessively, I may choose to replace you.

7 –
QUITTING THE GAME
. Some times it is unavoidable to quit the game before it is finished. If you have to quit, please be respectful and tell me. Out of respect do not leave me and other players wondering. If you can help find a replacement for yourself, that would be thoughtful.

8 –
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
. If you are going to be LOA, it is required to post it in the thread. It is not required, but preferred that you PM the Mod if you can. LOAs must post on the day they say they will return or I will Prod them. See “GAME Commitment” for additional information when considering a LOA.

9 –
SWEAR WORDS
will be edited out when I see them. Please remember a large age range is playing. If you swear too much, I reserve the right to replace you. Consider this my warning.

10 –
VOTE COUNT
. I will try to tally the votes every 24-48 hours. If I have miss counted, let me know. Let me know if you see discrepancies.

Player Restrictions and Allowances

1 –
DON'T EDIT/DELETE POSTS
. You shouldn’t be able to anyway. Use the "Full Editor" and “Preview” buttons to look over your post before you submit it. EBWOP is the only editing allowed.

2 –
QUOTING PM'S IS FORBIDDEN
. If you quote the Mod, or claim to quote from the Mod, you will be replaced. Also, do not quote PMs from other players. If any character information is revealed you will be Mod killed, and loose. You are permitted only to claim your title and alliance when the game requires it.

3 –
PM the MOD
at any time, and only the Mod unless explicitly permitted by the Mod. Do not talk with other game players about this game outside of this thread unless your role PM specifically allows it, and only when it allows it.

4 –
Hydra or Multiple Head Accounts
. At this time, I allow hydra accounts of two heads only. They have equal chance at any role, as roles are distributed randomly.

Game Mechanics

1 –
FORMATTING MESSAGES TO THE MOD
. Format your vote and other Mod directed posts like this––
Vote: Shepherd
. Bold font is required, large font size is preferred. IF THE VOTE IS NOT FORMATTED CORRECTLY IT WILL NOT BE COUNTED.

2 –
UNVOTE AND PROPER NAME
Unvote
is
not
required when changing to a new vote, but preferred. Proper name is
not
required, but it must be clear who you are voting.

3 –
LYNCHING BY DAY
. Simple majority lynches. Once it is reached nothing will save the victim. No voting or unvoting will count at that point. You can keep talking until I announce Night has fallen. Upon the lynch you will learn the title and alliance of the victim. The town can opt to have a “no lynch” day.

4 –
NO LYNCH
. The town can no lynch twice without penalty. If the town has a 3rd “no lynch” for whatever reason, the mafia will get one bonus night kill the following night of the 3rd “no lynch” day. This cycle repeats.

5 –
DEADLINE
. If a deadline has been set, and it comes before the vote, then town gets a “No Lynch”. See “No Lynch” to learn more.

6 –
NIGHT CHOICES
. If your role allows, you can discuss with your partner(s) strategy and night selections. Send Night choices at any point after I declare it Night before the night deadlines. All Night choices are honored no matter how they arrive. Preference is given to role-blockers. If Day Phase comes and you did not get night choices to me, I assume you deliberately choose a “No Target”. I am sorry but they do not count once day starts.

7 –
DEAD PLAYER POSTING
. If you are dead, you cannot post in the thread or PM any player in the game, except the Mod. To express your frustration of dying you can post one “bah” post. This post must be short and cannot reveal anything about others, nor influence the game in any manner. If “bah” gets out of hand, I will ban it. Even if you are dead, you win when your team wins, so keep checking up on the game to see how it pans out.

Opening Post – For links to all Important Game Links.
Last edited by Shepherd_of_Wolves on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:12 am

Sample Roles

Basic Idea of Standard Roles

Vanilla Townie

Description
: You are a member of town. You are tired of crimes in your town. You now take matters into your own hands with other like minded town members.

Day actions
: You can only vote during the day, your vote counts as one.

Night actions
: You have no night actions and cannot PM any other player except the mod the entire game.

Win condition
: You win when scum die, even if you are dead.

Vanilla Mafia

Description
: You are a criminal. You want to destroy town members who seek your death. You do this by voting during the day, and killing during the night.

Day actions
: During the day you vote with the town, and only count as one vote.

Night actions
: At night you can talk to your fellow mafia to select a kill, and discuss why. Select one person to tell me the night kill option.

Win condition
: You win when town all die, even if you are dead.

Basic Mechanics of Power Roles

May or may not include mechanisms of:

Protection
Investigation
PM collaboration
Role Blocking
Vote Manipulation
…..........To be discovered.

Opening Post – For links to all Important Game Links.
Last edited by Shepherd_of_Wolves on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:13 am

Prologue

In recent decades linking criminals to crime scenes has been improved with the use of DNA analysis. Skin, hair, and body fluids have been collected from several locations. The DNA from these samples have been put into the database. This helps link repeat offenders with the same DNA samples to multiple crime scenes. The database has several John Doe samples who have not been connected to specific persons in the community.

In the past 3 months, there has been a string of major criminal activity related to money laundering, gun trafficking, and sex trafficking. Before this time, Huntsville Alabama had been ranked 8 out of 10 for the top 10 places to live in the U.S.. The Huntsville community is in an uproar. They are angry with the rising crime, and are committed to discover and execute these criminals. You all are a body of concerned citizens that has decided to vote out and kill your suspected criminals.

Opening Post – For links to all Game Flavor.
Last edited by Shepherd_of_Wolves on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:01 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

/confirm, I was first yay I win
#freeShotty
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:22 am

Post by Prox »

Oh, hello, shotty. I don't suppose you've finished any games yet?
This time, I'll not care.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Mysterio »

oh hai

/confirm
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:35 am

Roles are sent out. Please, still confirm in thread. I expect pre-game to be complete and ready to go by 9 AM Mountain Time, Tuesday August 3.
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Korashk »

/confirm, for my first game here.
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Record: 8-5
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 am

Hey prox and ya I've finished three, but only one is complete
#freeShotty
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Prox »

Are they on your wiki?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:11 am

Not yet my wiki is still just saying that I'm awesome, would you like me to put it on?
I replaced into it so I'm not sure how much you will meta read from it.
#freeShotty
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:34 am

Post by Prox »

It would help time go by.

Go ahead and post the links and I'll have it done in a day or two.

I guess I'll make me one too.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:36 am

Vote: Prox

to keep up the tradition
#freeShotty
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Prox »

It's pregame, but I'll remember that.

Now, links to your games, please?

Also, questions (for everyone):

1. How would you define your playstyle?
2. Do you plan to play differently this game than in your other games, or will you be sticking to your meta?
3. Do you know your win/loss record here on MS? What is it?
4. Can you link us to any of your past games?
5. What is your opinion on lurking?
6. How active will you be this game?
7. Are you scum? If so, who are your scumbuddies?
8. Which people here do you know and/or have played with before?
9. How large will your posts normally be?
10. What do you think players should do when a thread is open for pre-game chat?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:38 am

1Jelly beans
2My meta
3Undefeated
4Look at my wiki
5I HATE LURKERS!!! read my wiki
6Very I usually over post
7[being funny]Yes, God is our mafioso, I'm the body gaurd, and ghandi is the role blocker[/being funny]
8You Proxy Poxy and LMP
9WAY SMALLER THAN G & H's!
10Socialize and not later get quoted because of it and called buddying
#freeShotty
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:16 am

Post by don_johnson »

confirming...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Prox »

Sources say you have no wiki, shotty.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:45 am

I know I've set it up three times now but each time within ten minutes it gets taken down
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:45 am

#freeShotty
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Prox »

I could make the wiki for you if you give me links to
all
of your games.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:56 am

I made the wiki it was just taken down :(
#freeShotty
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Prox »

Are you sure?

Try C/P-ing it onto a Word Document or something for when it gets deleted. Make sure you see a confirmation that your wiki is posted before giving up.

If that doesn't work, ask someone competent, like a Forum Moderator [not a game one].
Korashk
Korashk
Townie
Korashk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Korashk »

Prox wrote: 1. How would you define your playstyle?
I analyze a lot, I can over-analyze. I read day phases multiple times.
2. Do you plan to play differently this game than in your other games, or will you be sticking to your meta?
I plan to play this game like I normally do, but that doesn't really mean anything. I also don't know what a "meta" is.
3. Do you know your win/loss record here on MS? What is it?
This is my first game here, but I have a winning record where I normally play.
4. Can you link us to any of your past games?
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/5309/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/5427/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/5615/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/5742/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/5871/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/5979/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/6074/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/6351/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/6431/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/6548/
http://www.debate.org/forums/miscellaneous/topic/6704/
5. What is your opinion on lurking?
The mafia doesn't do it. It's a stupid strategy.
6. How active will you be this game?
Very
7. Are you scum? If so, who are your scumbuddies?
I don't know what this means, so I guess not.
8. Which people here do you know and/or have played with before?
None
9. How large will your posts normally be?
A few sentences to a paragraph.
10. What do you think players should do when a thread is open for pre-game chat?
Not much, though I don't know how important the pre-game is to the actual game. I'd guess not very.
I learned that I don't like replacing into games on this site, I don't like games without themes, and I don't like games without roles. It's good to learn these things early.

Record: 8-5
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Prox »

Thanks.

Meta is like how your playstyle was like in past games. For example, if you've always self voted at L-1 in your past games, it is part of your meta and one can reason that you will likely do this in your current and future games. When you break your pattern, like by not self-voting when you usually do, this is usually you changing your meta.

The Scum are the minority that the Townies [the majority] wish to eliminate. A scumbuddy is a ally of a player who is Scum and is almost always also Scum.

When you say overanalyze, do you mean that you often think too hard about people and WIFOM [see the Mafiascum wiki to look up terms you don't know]?

Your avatar made me think you were someone else for a second...

I've been meaning to join debate.org for a while. I didn't know they played mafia there. Do you know of the debateapedia? It's helped me a lot in school since I've found it.

Oh. I should answer my own Q's.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”