chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4055 (isolation #200) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 4051, Luca Blight wrote:Those are some convenient targets as well, given both Momrangal and quiet were most likely targeted by the scum rolecop. The Titus result could be fake: either a) she is your partner, or b) you saw that she already claimed VT earlier in the day.
Momrangal was targetted by the Role Cop. That's... how we know it exists. Good job.

a) you guys keep talking yourselves into voting here but not really committing to it. It just keeps getting mentioned. Funny.

b) This is circumstantially true; however, Titus and I have a very long, fun, and colorful background in our games together. We have faced one another as both alignments. And I knew that if I got a non-vanilla result from my ability that I would have to look for scum PR or town PR vibes.

I literally started D2 pushing for Titus content my guy. All I knew was no PR and still had to discern alignment.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4059 (isolation #201) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by chkflip »

You're right Mom, I should've stuck my neck out before he did and made super obvious cop crumbs for what is clearly a good set of scum players, right? Killing a PR like every night just me and those six goombas all scheming with two cops and a roleblocker, right?

Brilliant deduction, Mom. Come on.
In post 4053, Momrangal wrote:Quiet was checked by chk two nights ago and last night quiet gets killed, go figure
Quiet was also roleblocked the same night.

That's tomorrow's rhetoric though, hey?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4062 (isolation #202) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by chkflip »

There isn't one, but you'd be hard pressed to find a time I've literally ever done that. I can remember one time I did it since I've been back, actually, and I got steamrolled over -- as a VT! -- because I was going for a funny crumb.

YEAH NAH I'M GOOD

Pedit: :lol: I fucking hate you
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4068 (isolation #203) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by chkflip »

My pokes at age or sanity were only meant to be banter between two people who have played with one another many times and not any sort of discredit. That's... are you reading the conclusions you're... mmmMMM okay. THAT would be AtE.

I wasn't making it some sort of secret that I knew something, or even what that something was, about DGB. But if I were to claim today I was sure as hell going to make sure that the one loose end I had claim to was tightened. That's all that was. It wasn't any grandstanding gesture, and I didn't scum read DGB for the result (thus the branch to only claim whether or not they had an ability), it was just that I'm not putting my neck out there to be chopped without potentially squeezing anything I could with what little I had.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4069 (isolation #204) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:56 pm

Post by chkflip »

You're also stating that I am both a) the Role Cop, and b) targetted quiet to know they're a PR on a night we know the Role Cop couldn't have done that because they're on record as targeting Mom the night before quiet died, so. There's that as well.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4071 (isolation #205) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:11 pm

Post by chkflip »

The only kill that doesn't look like full on PR hunting is Bypass and even they knew they were dead, so. DGB, quiet, Mom, Titus, Ranny? That's too many names to have info on (I'm Devil's Advocating your argument that I'm scum and I knew something it's factually impossible to know.) and not enough nights for all those results. Or am I missing something?

Because if your thesis statement is that my night action makes sense as scum because of the PR flip, what are we making of the Ranny kill? How lucky do you think one Role Cop could possibly be?

There's more to this chain of kills that isn't just "they're another PR! Kill em all!" and the fact that I targeted quiet hasn't any more to do with that than the roleblocker hitting them the night after.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4078 (isolation #206) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:21 pm

Post by chkflip »

I was only really saying that you could ISO me and see (at least at the start of D2 with Titus and calling Mom vanilla before they claimed it, most notably) whereas I haven't seen any indicators similar with Goofball. How is that perspective slipping? What even is that to you, actually?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4085 (isolation #207) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:16 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 4073, Titus wrote:This game is so demotivating when scum are clearly running the show here. At least if I get limmed, I can laugh from dead chat.
I feel ya (demotivation and laughter). Vote Hayker?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4091 (isolation #208) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:02 pm

Post by chkflip »

No need to be unpleasant.
In post 1454, Mizzytastic wrote:
etymonline.org wrote:
compete (v.)

1610s, " to enter or be put in rivalry with," from French
compéter
"be in rivalry with" (14c.), or directly from Late Latin
competere
"strive in common, strive after something in company with or together," in classical Latin "to meet or come together; agree or coincide; to be qualified," from
com
"with, together" (see ) +
petere
"to strive, seek, fall upon, rush at, attack" (from PIE root "to rush, to fly").

According to OED, rare 17c., revived from late 18c. in sense "to strive (alongside another) for the attainment of something" and regarded early 19c. in Britain as a Scottish or American word. Market sense is from 1840s (perhaps a back-formation from
competition
); athletics sense attested by 1857. Intransitive use is by 1974. Related:
Competed; competing
Official Votecount 1.15Hayker (7): quiet, NorwegianboyEE, Rannygazoo, Andresvmb, BBMolla, Bypasser Catcher, Gamma Emerald
[E-4]

Not_Mafia (5): Nero Cain, Norfolk Boy1, MiniMegabyte, Binatog13, DrippingGoofball
PlusJOYED (3): Titus, Luca Blight, chkflip
Titus (1): PlusJOYED
MiniMegabyte (1): Vaxkiller
NorwegianboyEE (1): Not_Mafia
Andresvmb (1): Momrangal

Not Voting (1): Hayker

With 20 players alive, it takes 11 votes to achieve an elimination.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2021-01-16 23:15:00).
At this point, Hayker wasn't low hanging fruit. Nero was. Then molla. Then Plus. Now unfortunately I made the mistake of following the wrong train (while avoiding what I still believe to be another town flip) and should be held accountable. As should Titus. It isn't that I disbelieve the scrutiny to be fair or well founded, but it's extraordinarily bothersome when someone becomes insulting without realizing they're being a complete and total fucking hypocrite. You were one of the biggest proponents to eliminating Hayker but after really only two and a half game day's time (NM sucking all information and worth out of two phases merely by proximity) now he's "low hanging fruit" and I'm "so bad" for pushing it?

I'm gonna step away for the night, but sincerely and earnestly.

Fuck you.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4106 (isolation #209) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:40 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 4092, NorwegianboyEE wrote:He is LHF because Titus is the actual scum. And if you aren't pushing Titus you are either scum or bad.
What you and Goofball are exhibiting is called conf!bias, have you heard of it? It's a pretty simple case of feeling so vindicated by someone's actions that, no matter *WHAT* they do, you'll read them how you want for it. Hell maybe I'm experiencing it in reverse. But the very last thing I want here is to eliminate another townsperson and have it where "chkflip knew they'd flip town because he's the scum!" D6. You're inadvertently lining up poor eliminations while completely ignoring the fact that Hayker has several scum pings we have ignored over a number of phases. Why? Because they agreed with you on molla and didn't push PlusJOYED? (I don't actually remember, I'm legitimately asking)

You're saying, basically, that today is a waste if we don't eliminate Titus.

And I'm saying it's a waste if we do.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4107 (isolation #210) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:47 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 4102, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If y’all want, i can find the quite where Titus literally says that if you want to know the difference between scum and town Titus, it’s that as town they do not ever show willingness to lim outside of their VCA pool.
Do that, please? I actually scrolled past this sentence because the proclamation that the post you quoted was a scum claim made me roll my eyes. But this might actually be something. I don't know off the top if this is accurate or not, but I'm willing to give it a look and keep an open mind.

Titus is like glaringly town to me but I'm willing to admit that I could possibly be wrong.

If I consider Titus, do me a solid and consider Hayker?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4111 (isolation #211) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:03 am

Post by chkflip »

Huh. Like I said, I rolled my eyes at "this is a scum claim" Nor. This may actually be something. Do we want to end the day on this? I'm notably apprehensive because I'm either dead wrong about Titus now or this is some angleshoot I'm not seeing through.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4115 (isolation #212) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:09 am

Post by chkflip »

Y'all refusing to actually engage me in your wrong read is laughable at this point.
In post 4109, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Because i had pocketed almost the entire town and then you had to ruin it when you replaced in and drowned me in VCA.
Wait, haven't you said Titus' VCA was bullshit all game?

So in that game you saw it work, in this game specifically it missed once but was very likely correct on Hayker, but you're dismissing it anyway?

Look, I'm willing to swallow my own shit at this point. Titus could be scum. But I still wager that if she is that she was looking to bus Hayker. Just give it some thought. We'll revisit it tomorrow.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4116 (isolation #213) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:11 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 4113, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You are too late for me to give you any towncred if you vote Titus here FYI.
I'm not looking for fucking towncred, I'm looking for victory. Not really sure how many times I have to iterate and reiterate that point.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4119 (isolation #214) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:20 am

Post by chkflip »

I'm trying to make sure we eliminate scum.

You've never been questioned when you're so gung ho on an elim, have you? Because not every question is to discredit, sow doubt, blah blah blah. Sometimes I'm experiencing internal doubt on a town read I've had *LITERALLY ALL FUCKING GAME* and I'm making sure I look back and take everything in properly.

So yes I'm being very serious.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4120 (isolation #215) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:23 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 4118, Gamma Emerald wrote:Titus isn’t fucking pushing Hayker.
Titus isn't fucking pushing Hayker *today*. She did yesterday. I am today. I'm looking back at THAT VCA and believe in its legitimacy. I agree that Nor and Andres aren't independently scummy. I agree that they don't have strong associatives with flipped scum.

But Hayker does. It's too late now but we will be discussing this again tomorrow.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4124 (isolation #216) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:28 am

Post by chkflip »

How old are you?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4125 (isolation #217) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:30 am

Post by chkflip »

I've accommodated you. I've warned you. I've made fun of you. I exploded at you. And you're still insulting.

What's your win rate?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4127 (isolation #218) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:35 am

Post by chkflip »

Because if it's near a C- average as any alignment I'd sincerely and cordially invite you to sit down, shut the fuck up, and stop insulting people because they hold a different opinion than you do. It's evident of a lack of decorum and general fucking respect, mostly, but it's bothersome that I have had to sit here and continuously say "hey maybe don't fucking talk like that" but here we are again.

Scum read Titus. Don't call her stupid, or dumb, or shit at the game, or anything else but her, she, Titus, or scum. Cool? Cool.

Because this is about as cool as I can be about it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4128 (isolation #219) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:37 am

Post by chkflip »

Oh man I was just a fucking dickhead again, I better look good on this high horse cause I know I've got smoke coming that I damn well deserve but will ignore.

At least its in character for you.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4131 (isolation #220) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:40 am

Post by chkflip »

To my opinion that you're insulting?

That's a fact, big son. It's all over the thread.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4136 (isolation #221) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:49 am

Post by chkflip »

It's the act. It could've been molla or DGB or anyone on anyone and I would've reacted the same way in earnest. I did this with uhhhhh Nancy when she was treating two slots differently, one was you and one wasn't, and she just WOATWOATWOATWOATWOAT all over the place. It's a grotesque way to play, like lowest common denominator shit, so it bothers me when I see it. Regardless of who/what/when etc. But if given enough time I'll case Hayker easy peasy.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4137 (isolation #222) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:52 am

Post by chkflip »

VC 1.15 with three green flips on the wagon, remembering the atmosphere and how it shifted off Hayker to Nero roundabout that time, active lurking, fuck. The list is long and I just haven't had the energy but I'm on it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4138 (isolation #223) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:53 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 4133, Titus wrote:What we need is to eliminate scum by persuading everyone but Norway/DGB/Andres.
You need to divorce this mentality or I'm wasting my time.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4141 (isolation #224) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:58 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 4139, Andresvmb wrote:If Titus really believes that Hayker is Scum, then in what world do I fit as Scum?
They're seperate chains of thought, which is why I can quite easily follow one and not the other. And I will point out that the more friction this gets, the more "LHF!" you yell without there even being a wagon, in and of itself proves there may be something here.

A lack of emptiness in posting does not denote towniness, Mom. Stop it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4142 (isolation #225) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:59 am

Post by chkflip »

"you yell" meaning the collective you as in town in general, not specifixally YOU you Andres.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4144 (isolation #226) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:08 am

Post by chkflip »

And I'm saying flipping Hayker helps us root those out, however many there may be.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4151 (isolation #227) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by chkflip »

Vote Hayker.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4152 (isolation #228) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 4149, Gamma Emerald wrote:No, eat shit, those questions were loaded as fuck.
I've passed the term of being friendly with him.

He's being extremely insulting to several slots. Read my ISO, guy. I've been cordial for the nth time. Stop being insulting.

We are playing a game after all, no?

There's no reason to name call. So I got a little personal.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4153 (isolation #229) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by chkflip »

You may not agree with my method but my intention is clear. This isn't about alignment. This isn't even about the game.

Don't be an asshole; therein, I won't be a bigger asshole.

And that'll be the last I even speak of it.

Why are you avoiding Hayker now again?

I'd love to know while I eat my shit over here.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4157 (isolation #230) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by chkflip »

Lol EE you've still yet to town case Hayker.

"Scum" -- you mean me? Nobody else is advocating for Hayker today but me. So, to be clear, I'm trying to factually not eliminate someone I've town read all game for someone who has not been that great. That's what I've really been doing. My lack of hammer is to continue discussion. Also promised a Hayker case that I will absolutely do if people stop tunneling and look at the bigger, better picture.

Your Titus scum read is emotional. We went JOYED over molla (which was likely town either way, jury's out but I'm unmoved in my molla read) because of both myself and Titus. Fact. We were wrong. Fact. But there was a line of that same VCA that said Hayker. We were all pretty fucking gung ho to do that literally last day phase. Hayker is no more low hanging today than he was yesterday. That's flair word bullshit, sorry.

Pedit: I'm not asking you to re-evaluate Titus. I'm asking why not Hayker?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4158 (isolation #231) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by chkflip »

Last lines are for Andres if that wasn't clear.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4160 (isolation #232) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 3408, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 3407, BBmolla wrote:Why is Hayker in your townreads Andre
I was rethinking the way the votes piled on Not_Mafia D1 - the vote there that is most likely to be a bus is Luca there. If Hayker really was busy, and after catching up put down an E-2 vote for Not_Mafia, is that coming from a Partner? I don’t know. I don’t think so.
Why not? Not_Mafia made it pretty clear from the gate that he was here for a good time not a long time. Why not yeet with extreme prejudice? Easy town points. The same could be said of anyone who voted that slot while that player was in it. There was talk beforehand about meta reasons the slot was hard to keep in the hands of the same person. THOSE people can be town read for their contributions to the slots solve beforehand. Nothing else.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4163 (isolation #233) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 4114, Hayker wrote:Mod may i have an extra few hours to oroperly post for my prod
Five days is a lot of posts to catch up on, so I'm not faulting you for your tardiness or anything but uhhh yeah this is pretty clearly a prodge until proven otherwise to me.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4164 (isolation #234) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 4161, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Why ain't he hammered Titus yet?
He hasnt but prodged in five days. Next you'll ask what he's had for lunch, hm? Fairly certain he was anti-VCA so he may come in. He may not. I'm the only advocate against him, so why not, yes? It certainly extends his life another phase.

Infinite wisdom is so hackneyed, btw.
In post 4162, Andresvmb wrote:Hayker is just not a priority today for me.
Roger. Just want to say again I'm not asking you to re-evaluate because I get where you're coming from.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4167 (isolation #235) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by chkflip »

I guess my infinite wisdom looked at the date from his prodge to his last post in game before that and did [le gasp!] rudimentary fucking arithmetic. His last post before 4114 is dated Jan 22.

Infinite wiiiisdooooom [jazz fingers]
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4168 (isolation #236) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

I'm not trying to make anyone look stupid.

Let's discuss this contradiction it's the first I've heard of it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4171 (isolation #237) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by chkflip »

Those? Hayker is one person who hasn't been here in almost a week dude.

Titus has only been E-1 for a number of hours.

You're also asking me to physically account for this guy like what I can't even

He could come in and hammer as either alignment from what I understand to be his "current" (if you can even still call it that?) mindset which, again, you're asking me to explain? Currently?

That's silly.

I'm looking at past actions, past absenses, and past wagons, not predicting the future.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4172 (isolation #238) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 4170, NorwegianboyEE wrote:He sure was easy to eliminate huh?
Not_Mafia eliminated himself. What even is this rhetoric?

If you're going to bring in Not_Mafia's D1 wagon whilw ignoring that we collectively fucked off on that AND the Hayker wagon BEFORE VCA WAS EVEN STARTED but ignore that half of the spectrum uhhhh

You're pushing a narrative, bud. I'm looking at the whole game.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4174 (isolation #239) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by chkflip »

And there's the narrative. At least you've admitted you're not actually town reading Hayker to any degree, that's a start, because I've spoken ad nauseum about a whole lot more than where they are.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4177 (isolation #240) » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by chkflip »

I don't think that's necessary, but I'm cool with the part that sounded like Hayker tomorrow.

Pedit: I was actually curious, but you're right. It was too far and he admitted his fault in it so I've no reason not to also accept and admit my own.

Sounds like I'm waiting until tomorrow.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4835 (isolation #241) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 4832, quiet wrote:Also, the scum team ran us into the ground till nearly the end there. Really impressive stuff from them, too. PoE is hard is one of my takeaways from this game.
Yeah, we fucked up a couple kills and got comfortable.

I also misused my role cop a couple times due to comfort as well.

Had fun. GGs

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”