strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by strife220 »

We probably don't want to look over the fact that discussing the set-up is in now way beneficial to town at this point.

My vote on Scheher is non-random
Scheherazade wrote:Who could have killed the scum player, out of curiosity? Wracking my brain, a serial killer, an insane/CPR doctor, a vigilante-type or a different faction of scum come to mind.
I think scum would be more likely to say this than town, and I'm surprised nobody seems to agree.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by strife220 »

To everyone talking about set-up:

Discussing power-roles in no way helps town at this point. Our job is to find scum, and discussing the game set-up and what power-roles may or may not be present will not help us achieve that goal right now.

Discussing power-roles DOES help scum. Example being as IAUN just pointed out. If you say "it would be stupid of a vig to kill N0," then scum now know you're probably not a vig (if it turns out that a vig did kill the scum N0).

Der Hammer wrote:good start with the goon being killed.
My new #2 scum suspect. Sheh + Der = scumpair.

ZazieR wrote:. The only one who could do so is a vig, and if a vig killed the goon then he's stupid
As IAUN said, there is a strong argument for vig killing on N0, and just about every night for that matter. There are probably a couple of threads in 'Mafia Discussion' if you can't see why.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by strife220 »

Der Hammer wrote:
strife220 wrote:
Hmm, thats exactly the sort of reaction I was probing for.
Your my new #4 scum suspect.
Wait... you said something scummy in hopes that scum would call you in it? And now that you 'caught' me, I'm now your FOURTH suspect?
Explain what sort of reaction you were looking for, what your 'probe' was (e.g. your comment was intentionally scummy?), and why you would probe for such a reaction if it doesn't warrant any real action from you.

iamausername wrote:On the other hand; strife, you specifically mentioned Hammer as Zade's scum partner. Is there anything that specifically links them to each other, or is it just "I think Zade is scum and I think Hammer is scum, therefore they are scum together"?.

The latter
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by strife220 »

Der Hammer wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Der Hammer wrote:
strife220 wrote:
Hmm, thats exactly the sort of reaction I was probing for.
Your my new #4 scum suspect.
So wait, are you saying you did something deliberately scummy to see who would call you on it, and that anyone who does so is suspicious?
Unvote, Vote: Der Hammer

Also, if strife is #4, who are the first three?
Yeah, my post was an attempt at humour. I had one post where I commented that it was good for the town that a member of the mafia had died, and someone acted as if that was a huge slip-up and made me his number 2 suspect with a post that stunk of self-satisfaction so I did the same.

I'm not linked with Sheh in anyway, just a lowly vanilla. Look elsewhere good sirs and madams.
I'm still unclear. Your rebuttal to my comment was completely sarcastic? "That's the sort of reaction I was probing for" never actually had meaning at all, and your original comment ("good job killing scum") was sincere and not made in attempt to scum-hunt?
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by strife220 »

Der Hammer wrote:Yes, completely sarcastic. The original comment I made was completely sincere, and mere commentary on the start of the game since I was in a rush, and just wanted to post my first post of the game before people accused me of lurking. I reacted badly to your initial misjudging of my statement and acted childishly. It end of esuclated from there really, and its interesting to see who has jumped on my bandwagon..
Sorry, Don't buy it.
Unvote, Vote: Der Hammer
, Sheh as my #2.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:48 pm

Post by strife220 »

al4xz wrote:
ribwich wrote:al4xz, I just want to make sure I understand your reasoning. Are you suspicious of Percy because you believe the distancing between him and Schez is artificial? If yes, does this mean you would no longer be suspicious of Percy if Schez was confirmed to be town?
Yes and no. It depends on what other knowledge I have. If I know the possibility of a Mafia GF exists, I will not rule that out, despite the unlikelyhood of the situation. If I know there is possibly a GF, and Schez is cleared by a confirmed Cop, then I will trust Percy to a higher extent than that of right now.
Using the G-word at this point in the game makes me much more suspicious of al4xz
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:18 am

Post by strife220 »

Vi wrote:
Vi 107.5, Rabbit Radio~ wrote:
strife220:
Anyway, why did you choose that username?
Because it's been my username since about 10 years ago - strife is a character from a videogame from that time. 220 is a random number.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by strife220 »

ribwich wrote:I suppose it's because it's similar to how somebody that brings up the possibility of a jester is usually scum trying to save their partner. But I don't really think bringing up the possibility of a godfather would really be detrimental to town. I think in a closed game we should be always be wary of things like godfathers and cop sanity.
Of course people should always be conscious of what sorts of roles can be out there.
We keep all of these things to ourselves so that scum aren't able to mislead and confuse the town. Paranoia and excessive speculation acts as a smoke shield for scum to hide behind, since it distracts town and makes them focus on something other than the issue at hand - finding scum. Thus, bringing up things like godfathers and cop sanities before they become relevant is anti-town.

Der Hammer, Scheh, and now al4exz have all said scummy/controversial things causing them to lead the vote count. Everybody should be weighing in opinions on all 3 of these people if they haven't done so.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by strife220 »

Der Hammer wrote:
strife220 wrote: Der Hammer, Scheh, and now al4exz have all said scummy/controversial things causing them to lead the vote count. Everybody should be weighing in opinions on all 3 of these people if they haven't done so.
This just stinks of trying to shoehorn people into only focusing on three players.

I didn't say everyone should vote one of those people. Everybody should 'weigh in,' as in, it's important for everybody to explicitly state opinions on controversial topics. Always.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by strife220 »

I'll second the "Scheh should have a vote out"

al4xz wrote:I was trying to act like a scummy guy so you would make a bad reaction and try to push the shit to me.
Deja Vu. Aren't I already voting somebody for the 'oh I was intentionally acting scummy' line? Regardless, I find this type of defense hard to swallow.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by strife220 »

Scheh and Der are both good lynches.

al4xz, unvoting is the worse thing to do before a deadline. We need to force someone to claim before deadline hits so we can let that influence our decision. Not having your vote on your top lynch choice leads to scrambling quick-lynches at deadline, which is how cops accidentally get lynched.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by strife220 »

Scheherazade wrote:I might as well add, what's with the inertia?
Ironic from the guy who has yet to make an attack or a real vote
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by strife220 »

Vi wrote:@TAX: 'Nice of you to show up just after the hammer gets dropped after a week of absence~
Was about to agree, but his post history in all MS looks pretty similar - no posts in any game for almost a week

I don't see a real problem in the hammer. I'm not really clear what people were getting at with the 'at least Scheh is trying, DH is just useless' argument. Scheh has made 1 constructive post through the entire game - the rest were defenses.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”