Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

Whoa, I didn't realise the game had started!!! (still says confirmation in the title)

Definantly
VOTE: Empking's Alt
because alts are OBVIOUS scum... seriously
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

ok... Sorry guys, I seem to be in the same boat as Vino, This is my first large game, and I am completely lost. I have gone back a ways and made another read through, and it has helped some.

First off, I want to know, is there a difference between wagoning and bandwagoning? I cannot imagine that there is, but I keep seeing it coming up.

Also what is stawmanning, I have played several small games, and have never heard this term.

I am not sure what the big deal is with the misunderstanding. I could see it being a tell if it was consistantly happening, or if it was just rediculously obvious that the statement could not be understood the way it was. I just don't see either of these as the case right now.

I always have a real hard time forming any strong opinion on people day one, but right now the most suspicious person I can find would be roflcopter. He seems to make alot of posts with very little actual analysis, or input of any sort. Other than that, I jut do not see a whole lot right now. But I could be missing something big, because I am pretty much lost in the whole "misunderstanding" arguement
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:57 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

Ok, so here is my question, when a jester gets lynched, I know that he wins, but does that mean that everyone else loses? Does the game end if the jester is lynched? If the game does not end, then there is no reason to even consider that someone is a jester. Someone seeming "too scummy" is not a good reason to not lynch them. Even if they end up being a jester, it is not a real loss for the town. A jester is never going to post info that is helpful to the town, so it just removes a distraction from the game. Obviously if lynching a jester does end the game, then this whole paragraph is wrong.

Unvote, and Vote:Litral

Litral wrote:Numberfourteen, that opinion of roflcopter is not a weak opinion at all. It is the sort of thing we would like to hear.

Unfortunately for you, because of that, I'm going to keep my vote.
There is nothing in this post about me responding 3 hours after you and lowell voted me, you actually specifically say that the reason you are leaving the vote on me is because "it is not a weak opinion at all" and "it is the sort of thing we like to hear"

Litral wrote: Either that, or you do not understand my argument at all, so I'll repeat it in clearer terms. I'm saying that his
was scummy, but I have no idea whether the
opinion
contained inside the post is scummy. The opinion and the post itself are two different things. Why? Because his
opinion
, also contains other information: an important one is the
situation
under which it was made. The situation is that two people voted him for lurking and he immediately comes out with an opinion that should have been expressed earlier if he was pro-town. This is the sort of thing scum more often do than town, which is why I kept the vote on him.
Here you say that the reason you kept the vote on me is because the post was only 3 hours after you two voted for me... The reason you voted me was to pressure me to post, and I posted. Seems right to me. I do keep up with this game, I usually check it at least daily. Unfortunately, playing in multiple games, each game doesn't always get equal attention. It was an important part of the other game, and this game was a big discussion that I was completely lost in. So when you voted me, I took the time to reread several pages to try and understand better

Litral wrote:Again, and again, I never said his opinion is pro-town. I said his opinion is worth noting.
I guess you never said my post was pro town, but that is the feeling I got from your first post. "It is not a weak opinion" and "It is the thing we like to hear" sounds like you thought the post was pro town to me.
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

Wow... alot has happened since I last checked, this is hard to take all in. Seeing as how we have no clue, not even a good guess as to th number of scum in the mason group, is there really any need to know who the masons are? I do not see any reason for this to happen. The way I see it, Lowell claims mason, and several people read it as a pretty strong town tell. Penguins sees this, and try to pull the same move, and also try's to throw the blame onto Yos. It seems like a great move if you are a scum mason. Outing the masons is only a good idea if you know how many are scum masons if any... other than that why out someone like that.

And as for Yos reaction, I do not see that as a bad tell, I would be real angry also if someone outed me like that. Really, this whole thing just makes my head hurt. I do not think that we should be lynching people based on whether they are masons or not, because we have no clue how many scum are in that group.
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

Serengeti, why did you feel it necessary to out all the masons... this makes no sense at all. I somehow missed in the first read thru that you had outed me and orange (post 272). Can you explain to me any pro town reason to out the masons based on any real information, instead of you guerrilla math that is based on guessed numbers. The only reason I think you out everyone like this is because you didn't want your partner litral to be lynched, so you start this huge mix up that will hopefully clear your name, and take the focus off of litral and onto all of the masons. your whole reason for outing Yos is because he voted for another mason early in the game, yet you think we sould lynch masons because there is probably scum among us. So what is the difference between him voting a scum, and you starting an all out war against other masons? Why do you vouch for koichis innocence, when according to you there is for sure scum in the mason group? If that is not contradictory, then I do not know what is.

@ serengeti, answer these for me:

1. Why is it ok for you to throw suspision on other masons, but not ok for Yos to do it.
2. How is it pro town to lynch a mason, if you have no idea of how many, if any are scum?
3. Why do you vouch for koichi because he is a mason, if you are so sure that atleast one mason is scum?

Major FoS: Serengeti
I will be more than happy to lynch you or your partner litral right now
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Numberfourteen »

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:Do you think that the scum doesn't already know? I think the town should know what the scum already knows. Level playing field.

1. Yos is throwing suspicion on other masons? I thought he was bus'ing Vino, who isn't a mason. Hey #14 are you confusing your mason buddies with your scumbuddies?
You originally outed Yos because he voted another mason, here is the quote:
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:As I pointed out earlier, Yosarian, who I am officially outing as a member of the group (along with myself), who is generally a shy voter, started out by voting fellow mason group member Lowell, after which I accused him of not reading his PM, something he has failed to address.

Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:2. Even it there's only one, as I explained, it's still a good idea.
Once again you are saying that it is a good idea, assuming alot of factors. So... if there is exactly one scum in the group, and if you and lowell are for sure town, then it isn't a bad play. I would like you to explain why it was a good play based on zero assumptions, or atleast cover every possible situation, and then show how it is good, you cant do it...
Penguins of the Serengeti wrote:3. In the event of a mason's death, other players should be able to look at their voting records, and identify who the dead mason has NOT voted for. So Masons voting for other masons early in the game, before the masons are out and before there is a strategy on how to deal with such a mega mason group, are either on crack, or scum. I was trying to make sure the record was straight in the event of our deaths.
Why are we "dealing" with the mason group? What you just described is basic strategy, when any player dies, not just a mason, we will look at thier voting patterns and decide what happens
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by Numberfourteen »

MOD: In the vote count, it says that StrangerCoug has 2 votes, but there is only one name

This Mason thing has got out of hand... I would still like to hear anything from litral. I think that it is convenient that all the heat was taken off of him, and he hasn't had an opinion since...

Also Lowell and Yos, Why would you think I'm a good lynch canidate? Is there any reason behind that? Why do you think a mason wagon would be good? I still do not see any logic behind it... I know that PotS came up with some pretty skewed numbers that made the idea some mediocre, but I think that we have already established that those numbers really aren't very accurate.
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Numberfourteen »

The game has actually slowed down alot recently, looks like veryone got out thier opinions on the whole mason thing.
I'm going to go ahead and
Unvote
and
Vote: Penguins of the serengeti
I am pretty equally torn between PotS and Litral but PotS looks like the most likely to be voted to a lynch. Litrals last post has redeemed him slightly...
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Numberfourteen »

Litral wrote:
Numberfourteen wrote:The game has actually slowed down alot recently, looks like veryone got out thier opinions on the whole mason thing.
I'm going to go ahead and
Unvote
and
Vote: Penguins of the serengeti
I am pretty equally torn between PotS and Litral but PotS looks like the most likely to be voted to a lynch. Litrals last post has redeemed him slightly...
Uh... you're voting a person over another only because they're more likely to be lynched? (Not as if I'd like you to switch, personally, but I feel this deserves pressure)
I already stated in an earlier post that they are both my top candidates, and I am OK with a lynch on either, unfortunately I cannot vote for both at the same time. So I will keep my vote with the person I think has the best chance of being lynched right now, until something changes my mind about these two. As of right now, they are tied, but PotS has been on the way up in scumminess, and Litral has recently started dropping in scumminess, so we will see where the day takes us...
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by Numberfourteen »

I still do not understand PotS problem with a mason voting for another mason... it makes very little sense when you even said yourself that there are almost for sure scum among the masons. Then you go on to out all of the masons, and start a crusade against them.
PotS I would like to hear a detailed summary on why you think every one on your scum list is scummy. And why it seems that the only people on your list, are the people who have attacked you. coincidence?
I would also like to know if anyone with a vino or PotS vote thinks that they are both scummy, or is it pretty split that either you are against PotS, or against Vino?
Me personally I don't see too much reason to be against Vino. He did have one real scummy post, but I cannot find anything else in any of his post that is very antitown.
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:16 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

@ PotS You have explained why masons don't vote masons, your reason is the "secret code" I was curious if there is any logical reason to not vote, I never heard of this secret code, it wasn't in my PM...

Also you said tha you attacked me first, but when I went back I attacked you on post 292, and on post 295 I was added to your scumlist. I did not go back and check for Vino, but everyone else on your list is there because they attacked you, is that your gut feeling?

@everyone, is there a secret code of not voting for your mason buddies?
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by Numberfourteen »

PotS.. Why would you vote yourself if you were town? To prove a point? That makes no sense. If you are that sure that you are going to die, why not wait it out and let people gather more info to make a better decision? "I'm Impatient" is a bad excuse when you signed up for a game that you expect to take a couple months to play.

Now... if you were scum on the other hand, this would make a good last ditch effort to try and clear your name, ESPECIALLY if someone fell for your "I'm at L-1" tactic and voted you, then you get to flip it on them, and possibly save your life. You are a good player obviously, I know you are smart enough to count votes.

So do everyone a favor and unvote, then stop trying to defend yourself and so some scumhunting that would be a lot more help to the town then your attempted suicide.
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

wow PotS, do you always let your emotions get to you like this? Do you actually read what you write? Your thoughts are all over the place, and contridictary of each other.

I do not know how you expect us to not believe that the "I'm at L-1" was not a trap. Not only was it obvious to people as you set it, but then when KoC fell for it, you tried too flip it on him. You even unvoted yourself as soon as he threatened to vote you. You seriously expect us to believe you?

I actually think that it is a little fishy that KoC basically asked to lynch you, but your play right now overshadows that. I am hoping that you get lynched today, but that it takes until the deadline for it to happen so that we can get you, and your buddies
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

ok, so almost a whole page posted while I was typing my post. I can't believe I am about to let PotS of the hook here, but
Unvote, Vote KoC
. those lst couple posts were beyond scummy... I would put a pretty large sum of money on you coming up as an anti-town role.

KoC has to "ask" to lynch. Then he "Wants" to vote but doesn't. He has been very quiet until the point that someone is about to get lynched.
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

I swear, every couple days this game is completly different. I am still a big fan of my KoC vote. He says very little all game, then starts posting alot right before the lynch. He fell for the PotS trap and fell hard. Then has a complete meltdown, and starts reciting poetry? That doesn't even include the self vote. Which I don't understand at all since he is no where near lynching? It seemed like a complete parody of PotS, but it is still there which seems strange to me.

On other notes, PotS is actually sounding very town these last couple pages. He seems to be doing some real scum hunting, with real facts and everything! He definantly not off my list yet, but he has definantly dropped a couple notches.

There are definantly a couple lurkers still in the game, and as always I would like to hear more from them. There are probably 4 or 5 of you. Also I am going to go back and reread some of Koichi's posts, because something recently seems a little fishy to me.
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

MOD wrote:Name: Straight G
Flavor: Your a gansterlicious pimp.
Alignment: Town--You win when all non-neutral factions besides the town are dead.
Role: Mason
Passive Abilities
The Shady Lady: Each night, you may speak to the other people who go to The Shady Lady Gentlemen's Club at this quicktopic(http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/9bnWjUfcej5). The people who attend this fine establishment are orangepenguin, Yosarian2, GnKoichi, Lowell, Penguins of the Sarengeti, Numberfourteen.
There is the Mason PM...

BSG wrote:@#14
What's the difference between SSK's posts and Rolf's at the time you wrote post 158?
Also, why did you suddenly appear after =/- 4 days?
I think the main difference is that I have never seen a play style like Rofl's. It seems pretty unanimous among people who have played with him before that that is just the way he plays, so I am over that now.
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by Numberfourteen »

Oops... sorry about posting the QT, I was quickly posting before me and the girlfriend went out today. We should probably get a new one.
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

BSG wrote: Also, #14, I asked if Yos could post the mason PM. Any reason why you posted it?
I somehow missed the Yos part...
BSG wrote:So #14, why did you wait with your vote regarding KoC (post 575)?
The first time I put suspicion on KoC was because he fell for the trap, and basically "asked" if he could lynch PotS. The actual vote came after a couple more posts from KoC that made him look worse. With all the "I want to vote PotS, but I want to be the hammer, not L-1". To clarify, I post alot at work between customers, so it commonly takes me over an hour to read and post for the day because I do it between customers. So even though my first post was after alot of KoC's posts, I actually started typing it before ever reading it.
BSG wrote:#14: Based upon her outing the masons and her lack of explaining this action. Though in my opinion, she has explained it quite well. But there's one thing that bothers me and that is that he waited with his vote on her. He had already expressed suspicion on her, but later he voted her with the reasons already made. So like I already said, I'd like an explanation.
Her outting the masons was not my only concern, although it was a big one. I think she explained why she did it, but I still do not feel like it was a protown thing to do. I also didn't like that she was pushing a mason lynch based on skewed numbers and assuming several different factors. It also says the reason I waited to vote her in the post I voted her. Her and litral were both at the top of my list at that point, I was willing to lynch either, and she was closer, so my vote made more sense to be on her.
BSG wrote:This caught my attention:
#14 wrote:He (KoC) fell for the PotS trap and fell hard.
But before you said this to PotS:
#14 wrote:I do not know how you expect us to not believe that the "I'm at L-1" was not a trap. Not only was it obvious to people as you set it, but then when KoC fell for it, you tried too flip it on him. You even unvoted yourself as soon as he threatened to vote you. You seriously expect us to believe you?
So what is it?
I am not sure what stands out to you about this. They don't really contridict ach other. It really just raised my suspicion on both of them. The fact that PotS voted herself for this bad trap, and denying it was a trap when accused seemed scummy. Then KoC falling for the trap seemed scummy.

Also I guess it is time to
Unvote
. I would really like to hear from litral now, seeing as how pretty much everyone on my scum list has almost cleared themselves except him.
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Numberfourteen »

Litral has not posted in over a week, is there a reason for that? Is he V/LA?

He is the person that I would really like to hear from right now. He is suspect number 1 on my list, and I do not want to let him off the hook without hearing some input from him!
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Numberfourteen »

wierd.. I could have sworn that I already had voted him, but I guess I haven't, so
Vote Litral
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (isolation #21) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:48 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

Wow... what exactly are we arguing?

Are we actually doing any scum hunting recently?

I'm kinda at a standstill, Litral is still the only person I have a real suspicion about, but now that he has been replaced it makes it hard to know what to do now. I definantly want to hear something from his replacement when he reads everything (Sorry I forgot your name already)
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

I still do not think. That the admiral has really given a reason to unvote yet. Although he doesn't seem as obv scummy to me
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Numberfourteen »

I am not purposly lurking. When no one is talking, there is nothing to talk about. I still think that TheAd is the best lynch, but I would also be willing to coordinate a lynch on empking if neccasary.
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:44 pm

Post by Numberfourteen »

This is a wagon I can get behind! I was on the fence as to weather or not I wanted to join the wagon, but the self vote just put it over the edge. That is one of my biggest pet peaves! TheAd is still my number one choice, but this train looks pretty good too
Unvote, Vote: Koichi
Show
Overall 1 - 2
Town 0 - 2
Scum 1 - 0

Currently in 2 Games
Dead in 0 Games
Numberfourteen
Numberfourteen
Goon
Numberfourteen
Goon