Mafia 85 - Murder at the Bus Stop (game over)

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1959 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:36 pm

Post by iamausername »

Hi all, read up to the end of D1 so far. At this point, I'd put Surye and BlakAdder as my top two suspects, and I see they're both still alive. That's interesting.

I'll keep you posted.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1961 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:17 am

Post by iamausername »

End of day 2. I <3 springlullaby & Muerrto, and seriously, how is Surye not dead? Also, gut feeling that Xtoxm and Wall-E are town. armlx has good points on Cream, interested to see where that goes. BlakAdder did nothing all day then hopped on the k7 wagon late, so he's still high up on the scum list. al4xz is now picking up on my scumdar too.

I'm looking at the rest of the list of still alive players, and don't remember Azuma or Dynamo/ace doing anything whatsoever, hoping that changes when they get replaced.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1962 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:16 am

Post by iamausername »

End of day 3.

Interesting day. Xtoxm had reasonable points on kuribo (besides the "admitted he knows I'm town" bit, which was a stretch), and the insta-wagon that formed on him was so damn scummy. So not surprised to see Surye and BlakAdder on it.

Wall-E hallucinating a claim from k7 is hilarious. I'm still not seeing him as scum, though I certainly understand people did after that bit of WTF. and obvscum al4xz defending him makes me wonder.

I have considerably more understanding of how Surye hasn't been lynched now I know about armlx's claim, which I'm assuming is true. Unlike al4xz's - I'm hoping to see a speedlynch on him D4.

armlx, springlullaby, Xtoxm, Muerrto are reading as town. al4xz, kuribo, BlakAdder are scummy. Surye is too, but was investigated innocent. Getting weak scum read from Jebus and Riceball too. Everyone else is nuetral.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1963 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by iamausername »

iamausername wrote:Unlike al4xz's - I'm hoping to see a speedlynch on him D4.
...or someone could kill him before you got the chance, that works too.

Day 4. Is every day required to start with an Xtoxm speed-wagon? With BlakAdder and Surye on it?

Wall-E lynch was pretty inevitable, and I probably would have gne along with it despite my gut read. I know how weird Wall-E is, and still had huge difficulty buying the part where he forgot who he protected. And then when he did claim his protections, they seemed to be deliberately designed to be the poorest choices possible.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1964 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by iamausername »

Day 5.

Not much to say. armlx got a guilty on farside, she got lynched. And being SK, she didn't have any partners to give themselves up by trying to push a "maybe she got bus driven" or anything.
armlx wrote:Had an innocent on Surye that
was actually an innocent on Muerrto
due to a bus drive by SL.
Wow, how did I miss that. Once again, I'm perplexed by Surye's continued survival.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1965 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by iamausername »

So, I just saw this post in MD:
Fiasco wrote:I think it would be a good thing if mafia games were less anticlimactic, with more deaths and revelations at the end instead of a half-hearted discussion between the replacements for the replacements for the replacements for the game's least controversial players.
and then I read Day 6. Ha!

Seriously, 3/10 people even bothering to vote before deadline? That is horrendous.

So, anyway, I'm all caught up now, so I guess I need to put together an actual case on Surye/BlakAdder. It does bother me that my main suspects are the only players left who have ever really done anything in the game, though. Also wondering how the hell we still have THREE kills at night.
BlakAdder wrote:On that note, vote:RestFermata, just to get the game moving again.
Why would you do this when we're probably in Lylo?
ThAdmiral wrote:by the way we should probably all claim now
This too. Anyone have any kind of opinion about an order, or should we just go whenever?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1970 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by iamausername »

OK, we've got a deadline now, can we hurry up and massclaim already?

I promise a Surye case within the next 24 hours. And, again, if BA would like to explain why he made a vote "just to get the game moving again" when we're very likely in LYLO, that'd be lovely.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1972 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by iamausername »

The reason you don't massclaim immediately is because you don't want the scum to know who the power roles are so they can take them out before they get to use their powers. At this point, they've already had six nights to use their powers.

We'll gain a lot more from knowing what they did in those nights, and just knowing who is what, than we'll lose by letting the scum know who has power, since there is absolutely zero chance of this game having more than one more night. Also, if scum decide to claim power, we might get conflicting claims, which will give us a choice of two instead of a choice of six.

Is there a downside?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1974 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:25 am

Post by iamausername »

Lawrencelot wrote:-Cream147,
Mafia Roleblocker
, lynched Day 3 (page 60)
-al4xz, Mafia Goon, killed Night 3 (page 60)
-Netlava
Slepz
, Mafia Roleblocker, killed Night 6 (page 78)
Mod, can you tell us if there is any particular significance to the colours here?

Also, I'm a vanilla townie too. Surye case is about half done.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1977 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:47 am

Post by iamausername »

BlakAdder wrote:Wow. Netlava/Slepz did nothing. Only thing I can take away from reading his posts in iso is a chance of distancing from RestFermata when he voted her after the mod had already said that she was next in line for replacement.
So, just to be clear, is this the only reason that I'm your top suspect?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1982 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by iamausername »

Right then, Surye case:

Post #102: Defence of known scum Cream. Not what led me to suspect him on my initial read, since I didn't have any idea that Cream was scum at the time, but worth noting.

Post #116: This is just a horrible post. He's so obviously misrepresenting BA's point it's unreal. Pretty much just throwing dirt at him for no reason.

Post #295: Revisionist history ITP. Megatheory is acting like you're still voting Sir T? More like you're acting like you never voted him in the first place. Just because you hastily went back on your Sir T vote when you came under a little pressure doesn't mean you didn't make it. Mega has every right to scrutinise your reasons for voting even if you changed your mind about doing so.
Also, "are you even paying attention to this game" "this post is full of silly"; this kind of ad hominem is all over the place in Surye's posts in this game.

I completely agree with Sir T's Post #362.

Post #635: Why would you make this post? What do you hope to achieve by it? springlullaby's #973 is an excellent summary of exactly what is so scummy about this post, and I'm not finding any response to it from Surye anywhere.

Post #750: No, really. How is "Are you even paying attention to this game?" not ad hominem? Also not liking the way he characterises a lot of Muerrto's attacks as "misdirection" here, very OMGUSy. Especially when the points Muerrto made were perfectly true, you were engaging in ad hominem, and you were defending Empking. I don't even think the latter is in any way scummy, because your defence of Empking was perfectly justified, but the fact that your response is not to say that but to deny everything is.

Post #755: "I think you were asking the question, "How is surye scummy" rather then "Is surye scummy" when you did your analysis, so you founds things without considering the value, and focusing on certain parts and not seeing or valuing other parts that invalidate that analysis."
Sounds like an awfully convenient way to discredit a case against you without addressing any of the actual points made in it. Seriously, does this sentence actually say
anything
?

Post #1124: Not true. Xtoxm's original point, that kuribo looked like scum attacking the mislynch to look good, was a much better point that kuribo's defense of "I replaced in after the mislynch", which is totally irrelevant. Both of them descended into insult-flinging pretty soon after that, but Xtoxm had the higher ground initially as far as I'm concerned. This Xtoxm wagon was absolutely bogus.

Post #1287: Surye is very late on the al4xz wagon Day 3, having spent most of the day pushing for a Wall-E lynch.

Post #1409: "I don't like the claim, but it's ballsy" Is it just me, or is that not something you'd say about a claim if you didn't already know it was false? I mean, it's not "ballsy" for a cop to claim cop when they're about to be lynched, it's "basic common sense".

I don't have anything else to point to from the following days; the Wall-E and farside lynches were pretty much just blatantly obvious, and I'd more or less expect anyone, town or scum, to be going along with them. And being one of the three players to actually bother voting on D6 is a point in his favour too.

I'm going to do a thorough readthrough of the other four remaining players too, and also look through Cream, al4xz and Netlava's posts for connections, but these are the reasons why Surye was looking so bad to me on my first read of the thread.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1985 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by iamausername »

Riceball, we're waiting on a claim from you (and Surye).
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1987 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by iamausername »

Night actions?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1990 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:41 am

Post by iamausername »

A hider does not die if they are targeted for kill, but if the person they hide behind is killed, then the hider dies too. That's my understanding of it. I don't think it affects any other types of action targeting the hider.

Also in some cases, a hider will die if they hide behind scum, but since Riceball wants to lynch Surye, I'm assuming he is not claiming to be that type of hider.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1995 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Post by iamausername »

Lawrencelot wrote:
Deadline: 1 week from now (January 21).
If the people who just replaced in need more time to catch up, tell me, and I will extend the deadline to a maximum of 48 hours extra.
I'm caught up, but tubby doesn't appear to be. And I really think we need this.

Also, can we get prods on Surye and ThAdmiral?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2000 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:00 am

Post by iamausername »

Vote: Surye
because at the rate this is going, it's going to come down to a deadline lynch, and I'm the only other person with a vote, and I'd rather lose because my suspicions are wrong than because I was the slowest in a "who votes who" contest.

Mod edit
Official Votecount:
Iamausername (1): BlakAdder
Surye (2): Riceballtail, Iamausername

Not voting (3): ThAdmiral, tubby216, Surye

With 6 alive it's 4 to lynch. Deadline: January 21
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2002 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:22 am

Post by iamausername »

Unvote
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2003 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:24 am

Post by iamausername »

Because I don't want any scum hammering before he's even claimed. Two votes is enough right now.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2067 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:16 am

Post by iamausername »

Ugh, that last day was painful to watch. tubby, for future reference, if you're ever in that kind of situation again, No Lynch is absolutely the correct play. If you do that, you can still win if both scum shoot each other. If anyone at all is lynched, you lose.

I actually thought Riceball might have been telling the truth with his vig claim, but that didn't really matter; NL still would have been the right play in that case.

Still, even though we didn't win, I had two out of three remaining scum absolutely pegged when I replaced in, so I'm pretty pleased with that.

Congrats, BA, I think you were kind of lucky to get the win, but I guess you did pretty good at being not quite scummy enough to be the lynch at any point, but enough to keep the other scum from killing you.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2068 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:18 am

Post by iamausername »

Oh, and also:
Riceballtail wrote:I used it in order to deflect any possible NK towards myself, as it would only hurt to not be able to NK a scum, which I was fairly sure IAAUN was, bussing his GF to win.
I'm interested. Did you actually believe this, or was it just an excuse for killing me as a vig?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”