Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #521 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:38 am

Post by Thesp »

Glad to be here. It will take some time to sort through this all carefully, but I should have a reasoned thought by this afternoon/evening in CST.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #527 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:05 pm

Post by Thesp »

Alright, townies, bring it on. 8) My initial thoughts:

I concur that "Accomplice" sounds like masonry. I'm not sure it's a good idea to call them out now to confirm that, though. I'm also in favor of putting pressure on people who have not/will not contribute up to this point. I hope I can alleviate that problem of my predecessor. Here's a brief run-down of everyone. I read through the thread, then went over each person's posts by the filter at the bottom.

Alive:

Thesp (replacing bigbenwd)
Hardly any content whatsoever. Put pressure on him until he starts posting. ;)

bloojay
5 posts, states limited access 'til the 7th. I hope this issue is alleviated at that time. No vibes yet.

commify
Fairly analytical. Short posts, points out little things, clarifies his positions. Feels good mafia-ish.

Coron
Talkative, for sure. Paranoid, too. Can't really get a read on him either way.

DarkLight140
Posts full of content. Has had some keen senses early re: HairyMezican and ZONEACE.

JDTAY
Very short posts. Was
very
anti-Mezican.

joe
Also very anti-Mezican. Voted MoS without reason, very, very contentless posts. Busy is one thing, but for how little it's been...

lazarusmoth
Short poster, but puts at least something substantive in most posts (two single vote posts notwithstanding). Not much analysis in posts, more justification. Seems straightforward to me at the moment.

Mastermind of Sin
Was strongly anti-Locus Cosecant. Changed from early contentless posts to strongly analytical posts as tide turned against him. Was also strongly anti-Maximus. I'm hesitant to go after a claimed mafia doc, but find it highly unusual that the townies didn't kill him last night.

olliep13
Has the feel of a newbie to him. I feel that he's likely mafia. I reserve the right to feel differently later.

King Enigma (replacing Omniplex)
I want to hear more from him, and some content that lays out some suspicions. Don't be afraid to get on some people's bad lists. The faint and wishy-washy are often scum. Right now, I would not mind lynching him.

PeaceBringer
Seems wishy-washy, but seems to put his votes on what he thinks. Highly active as well. I'm less inclined to go after highly active posters.

Scalebane
Fairly contentless, hasn't posted in some time. No real vibe from him.

Uraj45
Highly "no lynch" at beginning of game, which always strikes me as odd. Otherwise, no real vibes from him.

All in all, I'd like to get a preliminary vote on
King Enigma
. Seems to be too kindly to be mafia. :wink: What I mean by that, besides the attempt at humor, is to say he looks like he's trying not to make enemies. Why make enemies face to face when you can stab them in the back/nightkill them, right? My vote is subject to change, but I'm perfectly content with it at the moment.

And re: Mastermind of Sin, I'm not yet comfortable lynching a claimed mafia doc. I can wait on that.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #553 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:24 am

Post by Thesp »

Sorry about the vote formay, Yggdrasil, shouldn't be a future problem. ;)

Alright, scum roundup time...
KingEnigma wrote:I dont have the multiple posting habits that some of you guys have, dont vote me for that.
That's not why my vote's on you at the moment. My vote's on you because acting as you have is the easiest way for evil townies to slip past us without giving any sort of voting record or incriminating evidence to go on. Right now, I'd
almost
prefer a random vote from you rather than the zero you've contributed.

I realize I may be barking up the wrong tree right now, but I'm still rubbed the wrong way by this. Not ready to lynch you at the moment, but I really want something,
anything
from you.
JDTAY wrote:My contributions to the game are subtle, MoS; you're not meant to notice them. I have done my best to create a good environment for the apprehension of townies, and soon you shall see them fall, one by one.
Huh????? What in tarnation? Explain, please?

I suspect that while we'd gain the most information from a Mastermind of Sin lynch, I am still highly unsure it's our best play at this point, and I'm far less inclined to lynch a claimed mafia doc who I'm not at least 83% (or so) certain isn't scum.

I'd also love to hear something from joe and from bloojay (bloojay's presence should return by tomorrow?). I'm also particularly interested in hearing what DarkLight140's thought's are, as I've found his insights particularly useful.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #560 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:01 am

Post by Thesp »

Uraj45 wrote:I don't really like the MOS lynch. Townies could have easily given us a chance to waste a day and do the killing for them based on past suspicion
If you don't like the MoS lynch (which is a reasonable dislike), who would you like to lynch?

Also, Joe, bloojay? Hello?
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #566 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:58 am

Post by Thesp »

Well, it's a good start.

Unvote: KingEnigma.

I'm waiting to hear from Joe and bloojay (or their replacements) before my next vote. Thanks for prodding them, Yggdrasil.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #576 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:30 am

Post by Thesp »

PeaceBringer wrote:vote JDtay
I would like to institute a new meta-gaming policy. Who's with me on this?

Anyone from this point on who only posts a vote without any justifying text whatsoever should be lynched.

This is not helpful for the town. Ever. It only makes you look like you're trying to evade your posting responsibilities while getting your vote in. It reeks of scum. This is particularly disturbing coming from someone who already has been fingered as suspicious by some.

The thread has many of these posts, and they need to stop. This is the only way I can think of to get them to stop. I would love some feedback on this thought.

I'm sorry if I sound frustrated, it's just that this is the slowest mafia game I've ever been a part of. Few are posting one even a semi-daily basis. It's getting a bit aggravating to me, and "only a vote posts" don't help at all. If it's random, say it is. If there's a reason, say it is. I'm not asking for a lot, even a sentence will do.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #581 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:16 am

Post by Thesp »

How about prodding everyone at this point? Is this level of inactivity normal for a large game? :x
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #596 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:39 am

Post by Thesp »

Excellent. Glad to see people are still keeping up with the thread, and it's moving a little bit more.
PeaceBringer wrote:I think my vote is a good one and I so no reason to always outline my reasons for voting. Deal with it.
Your vote is good and you see no reason to justify it everytime? Looking through your posts in the thread, the only time you raised suspicion against or voted for JDTay were because "something needs to happen" and once for going back to an earlier vote, which you then voted someone else shortly thereafter. I'm not by any means suggesting that those voting for JDTay right now are all unjustified (as many of them have given their various reasons). You, however, have the appearance of someone voting for someone because they have the most votes. It only looks worse that when your vote is questioned, the substantive part of your response is "Deal with it." This doesn't sound helpful or productive at all.

I am now quite comfortable with
Vote: PeaceBringer
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #605 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:13 am

Post by Thesp »

Must be a long way to school. :P
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #610 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:05 am

Post by Thesp »

No, Peacebringer. He's the one practically demanding it.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #634 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:07 am

Post by Thesp »

DarkLight140 wrote:A note that his last post was nine days ago... defending yourself might be a good thing, about now, yes?
I was thinking along these lines as well. It's odd that he still hasn't said anything from the moment he became a lynch possibility to now when he seems to be a serious lynch possibility. He was onboard with Coron, confirmed townie, to lynch JDTay, and while this certainly doesn't clear JDTay (and certainly doesn't mean all those voting JDTay are townie, or else we're really in trouble!), it does raise the suspicion bar even higher for Peacebringer.

I'm still happy with my vote on him.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #638 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:43 pm

Post by Thesp »

Unvote Peacebringer
for now, with reservation to change back. I'm still uncertain, but let's not turbolynch him. Odd way to act for a cop.

Why the vote for me, PeaceBringer? Continuing the unexplained votes is still not a good play tactic. Please please please, be helpful here!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #654 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:28 pm

Post by Thesp »

Save the Dragons, it's good to have some significant contribution from you in the game, and I hope others follow suit. And while I know it's difficult to get people to change, at least I'd like to get them to contribute at least.

lazarusmoth, you are incorrect in that StD has been mum on his reasons, the last paragraph of his post is pretty on point, and you ought to address his questions.

Mastermind of Sin, an OMGUS vote is pretty stupid for day 3, which leads me to readdress my question to...

Peacebringer, why in the world did you vote for me earlier? And why are you voting for lazarusmoth now? You may have good reasons for both, I just want them from your mouth (or fingers, or whatever else you type with ;) ).
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #658 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:23 am

Post by Thesp »

DarkLight140 wrote:Mastermind of Sin, he wasn't claiming you were OMGUS voting, he was agreeing with your logic and applying it to PeaceBringer's vote against him earlier. Really, you're being excessively defensive.
Quoted for truthery. :P

My apologies, I do see how what I wrote could be understood other than I intended it. Mastermind of Sin, you have given reasons behind your vote, and I don't classify it as an OMGUS vote.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #676 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:27 pm

Post by Thesp »

Darklight, thank you for giving us your suspicion lists to work from. I do want people actively participating, and this game has been very frustrating for me as a result. Perhaps I'm more used to games at MiseTings, where games explode (Mafia: Vengeance there is in Night Five, with 2,516 posts in one month). Compared with here, I'm at a loss. I'm trying not to let my frustration for the slow play affect my votes, but at the same time so many people are flying under the radar it's impossible to get a read on them. (For instance, what can we discover about bigbenwd from his posts? Nothing. It's not helpful.)

I'm still not certain about PeaceBringer. I do give him credit for backing up his votes now (thanks for that, by the way). What bothers me is not that his investigative targets are dead, but that they died the same night he investigated him. This leads me to three possibilities:
1) He's telling the truth, and picked the same people the townies decided to kill.
2) He's actually psychotic, and kills his investigatees (unwittingly or not) (unlikely, I think)
3) He's townie scum and lied.

I think 3 is possible because few mods that I know reveal a dead investigatee's alignment. It makes it too easy to reveal sanity to that cop. Perhaps PeaceBringer overlooked this in fabricating a story. Is it appropriate to ask the mod for public clarification on the rules he uses regarding this? That could clear up the issue perfectly.

Beyond this, I'm coming up empty. :( At this point, I wouldn't mind a lazarusmoth lynch, but I'm not sold on his townieness either. I suppose he looks more townie than anyone else to me at this point, but it's not by a lot.

I'm feeling more and more that MoS is probably telling the truth. I've seen good chemistry between lots of posters in other games, regardless of alignment. In fact, I'm more likely to think that if they were tied together, they wouldn't play in public like that and tie themselves together. It seems to me like they were trying to have fun, and it may even be some of the backlash to their posting that has disinclined some people from posting/playing as much. I wouldn't mind if some people tried having fun in the game now.

I also wouldn't mind if something drastic were done in/with this game.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #687 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:49 am

Post by Thesp »

Vote: PeaceBringer.

At least, my investigation last night said he was anti-mafia. I'm a Spy. Part of the reason I was initially suspicious of PeaceBringer's claim is that he claimed to have gotten results from his dead investigatees. I only got that I had also investigated Locus Cosecant and Genocide Heart in that order, and that they were dead, not any particular alignment. I would be able to suspect that PeaceBringer was insane, but with at least two other cops in the game, that would be a lot of cops, and I'd have to be insane as well (or naive). While I suppose that's conceivable, I find it highly doubtful at this point in the game.

So in summary:
Night 1 - Locus Cosecant - Dead
Night 2 - Genocide Heart - Dead
Night 3 - PeaceBringer - Anti-mafia
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #697 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:46 am

Post by Thesp »

NanookTheWolf wrote:I think that if we were to kill either of these two off it should be thesp, since Peacebringer has the "townie" investigation at hand. Plus Thesp suddenly just votes Peacebringer back almost as a OMGUS vote.
Actually, I also have a "townie" (anti-mafia) investigation on Peacebringer. Consequently, my vote isn't an OMGUS vote, it's an "I have an investigation that says he's anti-mafia let's see if I'm sane" vote. My guess is that he's a townie cop, investigated me last night and found out I was a Spy, then claimed first so as to pre-empt any hints I might make.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #857 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:49 am

Post by Thesp »

Locus Cosecant wrote:I did my best. Sorry guys. I didn't mean to get killed so early.
You did quite fine. Of course, me being a doc wasn't terribly helpful when we lost so many of our group to daykills. :( Oh well. Good game, other anti-mafia peoples.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #859 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:55 am

Post by Thesp »

DarkLight140 wrote:Heh. The daykilling was fun. I don't know why Quagmire didn't start partying with it Day One... I was quite proud of my townie-sense, until I realized after the game just how easy it would have been to hit. I would have been happy killing more than half the game since the start of Day 3.
Nonetheless, you still did a heck of a good job. I'm very impressed. :D
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #863 (isolation #19) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:42 am

Post by Thesp »

Yggdrasil wrote:I made the townspeople's roles as they were because I wanted make a "mafia" group with townlike qualities (no talking at night and killing through voting) and a "town" group with mafia-like qualities.
While our kill mechanic made things more difficult for us, I really did like this flavor.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”