Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #738 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:40 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

/reading...it'll be a while until I get through all 30 pages, hopefully with something coherent.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #741 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:27 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

*LOL @ DarkLight140 and Nanook*

Okay, I think I read every post in this bloody thing, and the only thing I have to say is:
Thank god for Assassins!

Am I reading right that we haven't lynched ANY townies yet? Two day kills, two night kills, probably only one left, and I bet he's sweating hard...
NanookTheWolf wrote:so far have only found one townie, that being the one that we just lynched ...
Wait, what? Which dead townie did you investigate? Thesp the headless, or Ollie the ventilated?

So far I see evidence of two Assasins, two Bodyguards (MoS surviving that first night after coming out), two Spies... but three Spies? Seems relatively unlikely, but not enough for a vote yet.

StevieT92, on the other hand, seems to be coasting through on minimal posts. He replaced Scalebane who was similarly little help. I can't get 30 pages to come up at once so I can't do a full vote correlation (I'm sure you're all dismayed), but did I miss anything? So many replacements aren't making it easy...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #742 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:28 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

*LOL @ DarkLight140 and Nanook*

Okay, I think I read every post in this bloody thing, and the only thing I have to say is:
Thank god for Assassins!

Am I reading right that we haven't lynched ANY townies yet? Two day kills, two night kills, probably only one left, and I bet he's sweating hard...
NanookTheWolf wrote:so far have only found one townie, that being the one that we just lynched ...
Wait, what? Which dead townie did you investigate? Thesp the headless, or Ollie the ventilated?

So far I see evidence of two Assasins, two Bodyguards (MoS surviving that first night after coming out), two Spies... but three Spies? Seems relatively unlikely, but not enough for a vote yet.

StevieT92, on the other hand, seems to be coasting through on minimal posts. He replaced Scalebane who was similarly little help. I can't get 30 pages to come up at once so I can't do a full vote correlation (I'm sure you're all dismayed), but did I miss anything? So many replacements aren't making it easy...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #744 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:24 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yeh, sorry about that....I hate replacements personally (I've ranted on this before), but I'd been reading over this game already because I have something similar brewing for an experimental game (not for a while, though), and I told Ygg I'd replace in if necessary. Now I get to see it from the inside. :shock:

Anyway, I know laz asked this too, but if anyone has specific questions, I'll do my best to answer them (within the limitations of my mental powers)
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #747 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:21 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Well, with as many killing groups as we have out there, it would seem imprudent to reveal yourself before it was strictly necessary; I'm not entirely worried about that claim yet; PB and Nanook can always investigate each other tonight if it comes to that (I think they've both been proven sane by now). I don't like the idea of a mass claim, because it just gives our enemies more ammunition. Speaking of enemies... 8) :D
DarkLight140 wrote:note that olliep13 has a different emote next to his name in the front than a the townies. This raises the ugly possibility of another enemy group, although he could, I suppose be working alone.
The G-dd-mn G-men are here too! We may not be doing as well as I thought...if there are 3 and 3, then the town is already eliminated and there's several government stooges out there. I'm willing to take a chance that they're some of our lurkers... if there's 4 and 4, we've got bigger problems, but better odds (4 anti-mafia left out of 8 alive). Stevie's continued silence isn't encouraging me as to his loyalty to the Family...

Vote: StevieT92
... I believe that puts him one away.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #752 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:58 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Unvote: StevieT92
in lieu of any counterclaim, it seems like an unverifiable but plausible role.

Peacebringer is pretty much confirmed at this point, DL and Stevie seem to be fairly safe, I can't get a good read on commify. Nanook and STD are the two players that concern me the most; Nanook because of the Spy claim, and STD for his confusion yesterday when the townie got killed. I'm sure I'm missing something though...do we have a list of claims out there?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #755 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:57 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

*smacks forehead* Now I see what you all mean about the pace of this game...I forgot about SSF completely.

I'd rank him somewhere just less than commify on the suspicious list.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #756 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:58 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

*smacks forehead* Now I see what you all mean about the pace of this game...I forgot about SSF completely.

I'd rank him somewhere just less than commify on the suspicious list.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #758 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:30 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Well, I guess it's the fact that you forgot about the daytime assasin, when there's not usually such a role in a game...but I'm still getting used to the pace (or lack thereof) of this game. I may be compressing the timeline a bit, but it seems like an odd thing to forget.

I'm a little aggravated/suspicious that Stevie dropped back off the radar once we started unvoting...
Revote: StevieT92
. Too much lurking still: PeaceBringer, what about you?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #766 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:03 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

So we're not
[actually
scummy, we're just the most scummy..huh? Likewise waiting for an explanation on this..
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #772 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:17 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Well, going by the mod's posts, there's clues for there being either one or more-than-one accomplice:
Yggdrasil, in Genocide Heart's deathscene, wrote:...Genocide Heart,
the
Accomplice, was not behind any plots to destroy the mafia...
Yggdrasil, in KingEnigma's deathscene, wrote:...he was the leader of the mafia’s inner circle. With his
accomplices
Without trying to play outguess-the-mod, it's hard to say whether Stevie is lying or not.

I've actually got other suspicions, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of momentum anywhere else. The simple fact that he's lingered at 3 or 4 votes out of 5 for several days argues in favor of his townie-ness, in my book, because there's been plausible explanation for the anti-scum to bump him off if he wasn't one of them...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #780 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:10 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Personally, I'm finding this game hard to read because *so* many of us (including myself) are replacements... it's almost like we've started a new, smaller game, except now we have even less idea what the setup (remaining roles) is/are...

As far as I can tell, commify, PeaceBringer, and DarkLight140 are the only people who have been here the entire time. PB is pretty much confirmed, and I can't really find any flaws with DL's logic. commify...could go either way. lazmoth had unplugged from this game, but I'm doing what I can. Only Stevie and perhaps STD seem to still suspect me. JDTAY/Nanook's role is somewhat in question, but at least it's verifiable. SSF352 seems more and more like a bit player, not a scum.

That leaves Scalebane/Stevie and joe/STD in my book, and joe was accused of lurking a lot in the beginning. Stevie's being very strange right now, and has an unverifiable, possible but 'safe' role... that's my basic suspicions.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #789 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:09 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Save The Dragons wrote:Joe's gone, Flay. I think it was SSF that replaced him.
Not that it really matters, but...
Yggdrasil in the initial post wrote:Alive: (8/21)
SSF352 (replacing ZONEACE, bloojay)
commify
DarkLight140
NanookTheWolf (replacing JDTAY)
Save The Dragons (replacing joe)...
That said, I don't know what's up in this game. All of the replacements, Stevie spouting nonsense, and now Nanook's mixing people up... :?:

Really, I don't have a lot to go on, but everyone's staying mostly active at least. Stevie, do you want to try that explanation again? Why do you find *any* of us scummy, even a little bit? It's a little hard to defend against "you're not scummy, but you're the most scummy, but I won't vote for you, except that I'm voting for the
least scummy
of the three I mentioned..." :evil:
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #795 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:58 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Unvote: StevieT92

Vote: Save the Dragons

Unless you got a daytime investigation, I see no reason for you to switch from the unverifiable (?) roleclaim to the semi-verified investigator. He fingered Thesp, remember?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #803 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:12 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'd love to argue with PeaceBringer, but his logic has overwhelmed me. Yep, I'm scum. :twisted: :roll:

Seriously. I know *I* play scummy sometimes, jumping my vote around, but could you at least
try
to give a reason for why you're voting for me now?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #804 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:12 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Oh, and work is kicking my butt lately, so I probably won't get a chance to respond until tonight, or even tomorrow...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #806 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:39 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

PeaceBringer wrote:Mr. Flay, the return of my vote back to you is only related to my suspiscion of your predecessors game play. Looked at STD's play, wanted to see more, voted for him. Realized he was replacing Joe who was cleared in my book and likey a goon. This goes back to day one. So go back to LM's play, which you inherited.
Well, like I said when I first came in, I can't do much about lazmoth's style of play. If people have specific questions, I'll try and address them, but as to why he unplugged from the game, or why he voted a particular person on Day X, I can only hazard a guess, like the rest of you.
Also following me on a vote with out back checking yourself is a tad fishy. So content to throw my vote back your way.
What? I wasn't "following your vote", I was voting for the guy who was
voting for the
(almost confirmed)
investigator
. What in the devil is fishy about that??

And what makes STD/joe cleared in your book? He was topping my suspicious list along with Stevie, even before he voted for you.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #811 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:14 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I am officially lost in this game now. Well done. :roll:

And still happy with my vote. STD is the most bizarre I have *ever* seen him, and I don't see anything in joe's behavior before him that reassures me, either.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #825 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:23 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

commify wrote:Wait... who's Joe?
joe is who STD replaced.

I'm still frustrated that every suspicion directed at me is based on lazmoth, because there's nothing I can do about his behavior. But if you want a claim, and possibly an explanation of what lazmoth was talking about about "being useful", then will it help to know that he/I am a Wise Guy. From my PM, I seem to get some sort of natural night-kill immunity, though I didn't get told if it's been used up, or whatever.

Presumably laz thought he could be a damage soak one night, thwarting the town's kill when they needed it most. I'm not sure what else to say, except to look at the people who are basing their votes *solely* on the behavior of a prior player's actions.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #826 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:24 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

commify wrote:Wait... who's Joe?
joe is who STD replaced.

I'm still frustrated that every suspicion directed at me is based on lazmoth, because there's nothing I can do about his behavior. But if you want a claim, and possibly an explanation of what lazmoth was talking about about "being useful", then will it help to know that he/I am a Wise Guy. From my PM, I seem to get some sort of natural night-kill immunity, though I didn't get told if it's been used up, or whatever.

Presumably laz thought he could be a damage soak one night, thwarting the town's kill when they needed it most. I'm not sure what else to say, except to look at the people who are basing their votes *solely* on the behavior of a prior player's actions.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #829 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:05 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

DarkLight140, I assume you meant JDTAY, not lazarusmoth, in your above post?

SSF352: I don't know, it doesn't specify one way or the other really, just that I'm tougher than usual in dealing with the town. The fact that it was mentioned at all makes me think I still have one use left (at least), but a permanent immunity to townie kills seems like too much to ask/hope for.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #830 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:05 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

DarkLight140, I assume you meant JDTAY, not lazarusmoth, in your above post?

SSF352: I don't know, it doesn't specify one way or the other really, just that I'm tougher than usual in dealing with the town. The fact that it was mentioned at all makes me think I still have one use left (at least), but a permanent immunity to townie kills seems like too much to ask/hope for.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #831 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:11 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Aaaargh, with the double-posts... :roll:
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #842 (isolation #23) » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:19 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

StevieT92 wrote:i am pondering a vote on flay, cause i perfectly agree with what darkLight and SSF have said, along with his jumping around on wagons.
What; I've been jumping around? I've voted for you, twice, and now STD. I'm considering going back to you, if that counts. :roll:

DarkLight140, I won't lie about my role if I'm town, no matter what you say about LynchAllLiars not applying in this place. That's a policy I'm firm on when it comes to other people, and I won't do it myself, either. Claiming 2nd Bodyguard might have just got him/me lynched by the real one... I don't know if there's another WG out there who can verify me.

With a passive night role and a lot of suspicion on him at day, I guess I can see where lazmoth might have gotten tired of the game. I would like to hear DL140 explain the "only if it's relevant" comment that he's been so assiduously ignoring so far, since much of the suspicion directed at me seems to be coming from him, with a lot of hangers-on. So far you've seemed very pro-mafia, but then again, we haven't lynched ANY townies, so .... your turn. What's so special about you, DarkLight?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #851 (isolation #24) » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:40 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Bah - I
told
you you should have lynched StevieT92... :twisted:
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #860 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:54 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yggdrasil wrote:You are an
Assasin
(Pro-Mafia) (Quagmire)
During the day, you may PM me with the name of one player who you would like to kill. That person will be killed during the day (day will still continue after the kill). You win when all anti-mafia groups are dead.
So there was no restrictions on the Assasin? Bah - this role seemed overpowered, because as soon as a Cop came out with an investigation on an anti-mafia role, the Assassin could shoot them, and then the day continues. I thought surely they had to have a half-majority or something...

Also, our mafia was really hindered by not being able to converse at night, or be sure we'd get a kill (if our votes led to an actual lynch, I assume our night-choice would be negated). Having to 'hint' out in public would have doomed us anyway....Good Game to the Authorities, however.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #862 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:34 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Thanks for the game, Yggdrasil. I know I asked to replace in, partly because I've got a game in the back of my head where mafia is fighting pro-town influences, so I was spying just a bit. There's been a glut of these sorts of games lately, so I'll probably not start it until fall.

That being said, I agree that the Traitor was probably too much. An Accomplice was pretty much a safe role-claim, and with no (?) motive-investigating cop on the Mafia's side, an unstoppable one unless the game numbers got so low that it was clear something was wrong. Traitors won TRATEOTU too, didn't they?

Just didn't want you to think I was being ungrateful, because I liked the setup (and probably would have liked it better if I'd started from the beginning, instead of subbing in for the scummiest person alive :P ).

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”