Mafia 102: No-Frills Game Thread(Town wins!)

Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

/confirm
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

rawrf. what a night. i'm pretty spaced right now, so bandwagon on
no lynch

i'll come back tomorrow when I have logical thinking abilituy.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Ok, I'm back now and my brain's working.

Just quickly going over things and gathering my thoughts.
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Sorry for the long wait, got distracted by Cafe World.

I don't care to quote and pick apart every single post at this point in the game, so I'll just post my mullings:

I think bigmc has the best strategy so far. However, I think it's effectiveness might only reach as far as day 3 or 4, and by then, like crypto said, we'll have a tense situation on our hands by then. As such, we should be as active as possible and go through the normal mafia-hunting, but only lynch if we are
reasonably
convinced that our target is mafia (I'd say 55% or so.)

I wouldn't put stock in cop readings either, for the main reason that our cop is very likely to be insane. In fact, I'm 90% sure of it.

1. I haven't done the research for myself, but according to player accounts, Scigatt seems to be the type of mod who likes to throw unexpected twists at players,
2. The odds are stacked against mafia, as detailed by crypto,
3. The mod's possible Freudian slip, and
4. The simple fact that this is a Normal Game, and the mod doesn't have to tell us anything that he doesn't want.

Plus, the only way he can be protected is via the Jailkeeper, who negates his ability. So we have a bunch of potentially wrong readings and no way to get more. This basically reduces the usefulness of the cop to zero.

A useless cop, and a Jailkeeper who can't block NK's; This is basically a vanilla game plus a Medic. Townies are alone. We'd best get down to business.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

oh, and
unvote
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:41 am

Post by Kaiveran »

I will be V/LA from now until approximately 7:00 PM Tuesday, October 13th (GMT -6.)
Going on a college visit.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:39 am

Post by Kaiveran »

Hello. Not flaking, just have fallen ill since I got home. I'll be on later, right now I wanna sleep x.x
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Don't worry, I'm better now. After I get everything settled with my modded game I'm going to go over things thoroughly, but I may be interrupted by the move before I get to post.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Still rereading. Was gone for most of the day and my family came over and EVERYBODY needed their turn on the computer. Can always count on my family to fuck things up...

I appreciate anybody who's willing to summarize for me, but that doesn't really work. I need to see everything from my own point of view.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

I would just like to say that I have mostly recovered from my illness and am in mafia playing shape again. Thanks to the mod and others for their good wishes.

Now to finally catch up with an assload of intricate, dozens of pages long arguments! Awesome! *gag*
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Kaiveran »

I FINALLY finished reading the thread! Christ, I thought it would never end! Well, I just skimmed over the last couple of pages, but at least I have some semblance of what's going on now.

I didn't care to be ultra-detailed in my analysis and class is nearing its end. Here's my PbP, however broken and lazily constructed.

BMC – Looks a bit afraid of risk early in day, keeps going back to theory and doesn’t really participate in scumhunting. Becomes vaguely prodding and accusatory and subsequently rises to be one of the more prominent people in the game. Significant town lean.

Charter – Starts out a bit drab, but starts being more of an independent thinker and gives off a pro-town vibe later. Antagonized hiphop as scum, who antagonized his plan slightly. Knee-jerk reaction? Strongly against the Staple lynch and and antagonizes BMC, but doesn’t give of a scum vibe doing so (gut might play a role in this). Difficult to read, tangle of WIFOM.

Crypto – Lead figure in the game. Very prodding and eager for information on everything. Seems arrogant and overconfident at times, might be pro syndrome. Seems to be very protown, but we can't afford to idolize one player. Something seems a bit off in his opinions...I can't put my finger on it. Just a gut feeling. I don’t play meta so I can’t say much. Moderate town lean.

Ethereal – Newbie, contradicts himself, popular target early in the day. Defends staple, who is also suspicious. Scum lean.

Le Chat - Nonentity barring a brief post to page 12, but his few posts have a slight town flavor. Hope he doesn’t get replaced. I like cats.
Retournez-vous!

Mask man – Scarce, but puts original thought into his posts. Slight town read.

Muh316 – Fence sitting sparse poster, very little content through midday. Complains of not being able to comprehend the game/read (I’ve got to sympathize, catching up with a game is hell, but if you’re able to be active you shouldn’t slip in the first place.) Starts picking up a bit from the end of p13, but jumps on a staple wagon. Slight suspicion. Meta for lurking.

Pomegranate – Posted with mostly covered points. Not quite a total parrot, but I see a few feathers. Contradictory behavior/statements as covered by crypto, but I don’t like meta and I think her V/LA claim was legit. Antagonized and voted by crypto. Still, slight scum lean.

Sando – Another sparse poster, accusatory and original thought. Detected a smidgen of parroting early on, but seems to have disappeared. Antagonizes Serial’s proposed lynch of bmc or affiliates. Slight town lean.

Serial – Accusatory, main adversary of EC. Recently moved in to new apartment, may have dirupted activity. Active lurking. Trying to turn the whole Staple situation on its head (WIFOM anyone?) Slight suspect to do recent conflict with Sando.

Hiphop - some questionable things (such as only bringing up the no-lynch plan when he was voted.), but he looks generally protown. A bit hard to read.

X – Went way the hell out of his way to avoid doing a simple thing, which signifies anxiety at being read; a very viable scumtell. However, he has never played before and a lot of his actions can be chalked up to inexperience. Inactive as of late, may be replaced.

Empking – Replacement. Playing vacuously and neglecting the game as usual. No read.

Staple – Parroting and overdefensive, poor attacks on other players, reasonably accused by BMC , seems like he’s giving up on p13, OMGUS “suspicion” on BMC, replacing out to pin his crap on someone else (after BMC’s note about townies and replacements) …*deep breath* Lots of evidence, strong scum lean.

RayFrost- Replaced CSL. Just chummed around with hiphop midday and dissappeared. Says school is in the way. Nonentity, might be due for a replacement.

Class is over and I won't be here till late afternoon. bye for now
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Got back on a few minutes ago.
crypto wrote:I like Kai's post.
I am wondering why she didn't vote for anyone. I think EC is overreacting
. I want to write Charter off as town, but he
is
fishy for what I think is iffy scum-hunting logic.

Still up for a Pom/Staple/RF wagon.
Addressing bolded portions:

I didn't vote because I had about 2 minutes left to get to my next class and still had to log off and crap.

Agree with the overreacting. EC still looks fishy in my book.

@ bigmc:
I get where you're coming from. Blindly lynching a replacement for a suspicious player isn't a stellar idea, especially if said player was inexperienced. I'm normally a rational and level-headed person, and I cracked as a townie in one of my first games here. That said, Staple was the scummiest player in the game IMO, and while I will hold off an immediate vote, WarWound has some
major
convincing to do if he wants to get rid of his predecessors legacy.

For now:

Vote: Pomegranate
HoS: StapleWound
FoS: EtherealCookie

The complete collection!
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Responding to prod. There was a big internet outage in my area, they just got it fixed now. Things are still a bit screwy, so I'll see y'all later.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

I've been very busy. Will analyze the stuff that's come up later today.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:36 am

Post by Kaiveran »

Hi guys, still here.

I only had time to skim through the last page and a half, but I still think the bigmc wagon is mostly bollocks. He just doesn't seem very scummy to me and we have a much bigger chance of hitting scum with Pomegranate. My vote stands barring any radical paradigm shift.
---------------------

Super Accurate* Vote Count(as of post 675):

malpascp - 1(mask man)
crypto - 1(Ojanen)
muh316 - 2(Sando, Pomegranate)
bigmc109 - 5(WarWound, Empking, SerialClergyman, malpascp, Pyromaniac)
Pomegranate - 4(Kaiveran, crypto, hiphop, charter)
SerialClergyman - 1(muh316)

Not Voting:bigmc109, Trumpet of Doom

It takes 9 to lynch, 6 at deadline.

*Not guaranteed to be accurate.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

@Mod:
Don't worry, I'm back now, hopefully full-time. Had a bit of episode with the family.

Currently reading.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Okay.

Crypto is losing his cool majorly, and while I don't like that multiple people bandwagoned him, something about it doesn't sit well with me. His "I suck" post might be to deter suspicion as well, but thats a bit WIFOM-y. His meta serves to relieve some suspicion as well. I'll say null read.

BigMC is my prime suspect as of now. Especially now that I took the time to dig through everything that crypto posted. Even when attempting to remove crypto's attitude/POV from the picture and just looking at the bare evidence, I see a good amount of contradictions and scumminess.

A close second would be WarWound. My god, I don't think I've ever come upon somebody this dumb. He is contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion with his petty, vacuous remarks. Bonus scumpoints for bigmc shrugging him off as a VI (quite a understatement.)

Sando is a sparse poster but appears to be coming up with (and acting upon) her own original thoughts/opinions.

The elusive Ojanen is V/LA. Everyone else (me included, lol) has either been a nonentity or one-post wonder. Come on, people!

Vote: bigmc

Dammit, my brain appears to be functioning at the speed of an obese Galapagos tortoise. I need some fucking caffeine.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

@Mod:
I'm still alive, and willing to get serious about this game provided I get rid of my various other projects/distractions/general fuckarounds. If I am ever inactive again for more than two days without giving you any notice, replace me w/no questions asked.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Don't worry, PbP coming up.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

crypto wrote:Agreeing with mod; I'm bored.
Unvote. Vote: muh316.
I'm at the point where I'm willing to just see where a wagon takes us. We haven't seen enough pressure/reactions this game, in that sense. All the lurking and lack of concentrated scum hunting is going to result in a loss for the town.
It seems that I am about to witness this philosophy in action. I understand your position, and I am fully aware that I have been about as useful as an asshole on one's elbow in this game. But hey, I can change right? While I probably haven't given the most town-colored responses, I still plan to be an active and helpful player from here on in, and I would strongly advise you against lynching. But then again, anyone would.

Main thoughts on this gem:

It's a sad day for a game when the town is depending on shallow wagons to drive activity. I am the last person who should be saying this, but the responsibility lies with the players to be active and provide the game with the discussion it needs. I beseech the mod to start getting more strict about activity, seeking out replacements if need be. I suggest setting prod limits as well (i.e set a maximum amount of prods before automatically replacing a player.) We
NEED
more activity; sometimes even one uninformed decision can lead to the town's demise.

(I've noticed that the game I'm modding is pretty dead too. Is this a trend?)
charter wrote:

(huge quote train)

I thought [WarWound, Pom, and BMC] were scummy yesterday, but I believe I left bigmc off that list because he voted Pom, so since I thought Pom was scum, it seemed less likely that bigmc was bussing.

I was asking Empking for the reasons he was voting Warwound. If he said them day one, I forgot them since the night was so long.

Warwound is scummy, and I find his posts at the start of day two to be horrendously scummy.

I think bigmc continuing to go on about muh makes him look really scummy after his Pom vote yesterday. He's pretty much contradicting his actions from yesterday. This is very convenient for scum to do, it's like he just voted Pom yesterday to get in a mislynch.

Trumpet's post was really scummy. He could easily be anyone's scumbuddy.

Alright, back in to this game, so I'll be fighting for bigmc once again. Whoever said that Warwound needs to die and in order for that to happen we need to lynch him is right. I would lynch Warwound at any point before LYLO if I'm not getting bigmc or someone really scummy lynched.
Nice grounded claims, not much to say about this one, and too lazy to look up the posts he references. I'll come back to this later and see if I smell anything fishy.

Empking interjects a groundless vote/useless post as usual.

@Sando:
Sando wrote:Easy way to ensure you're on a wagon hiphop and don't have to worry about someone trying to OMGUS vote everyone they see, vote crypto...
Uh..What? Can you please explain this to me? I read it through about 5 times and all I got was a headache.

Also, you're getting some feathers in your later post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
crypto wrote:My mistake, Hiphop; I forgot about the count.
Unvote: muh 316. Vote: bigmc109.

Waiting for the Empking revelation.
(Don't hold your breath.)

Sando doesn't get it.
You obviously have a deeper understanding of Sando's mystical musings then I do.

@Trumpet of Doom

Trumpet of Doom wrote:
Sando wrote:It's D2 Trumpet...
Maybe I wasn't clear.
The more players there are, the more I lurk. If I'm still around by the time it gets to LyLo, lurking from me should be Not an Issue.
Sando wrote:Absolving yourself of responsibility for your vote gets you huge scumpoints though.
Well, I guess I could simply not vote until I'm sure I'm up to speed. Then again, looking at what notes I have,
I'm a bit surprised hiphop hasn't been lynched yet... when I get my full read done, I'll post my comments from it.
I don't like your prospective style of play one bit. It's very scum-friendly, regardless of your true alignment (easy mislynch if town, deceptive influence in the home stretch if scum.)

We're still waiting on the epic revelation as well. Crypto brings up a good point later...I'll have to do some research.

FoS: Trumpet of Doom

-------------------------------------------------

Thus follows the crypto/charter discourse, culminating in this:
crypto wrote:I feel like [crypto's] been playing this game quite passively, except for the end of day 1.
I have to disagree somewhat. He hasn't been a very dense poster or a mafia-hunting machine, but I don't see him just getting by with the minimum of activity, and I fail to recall any post of his that didn't have substance.

God I'm slow.

To be continued...
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

crypto wrote:I'm tired of cursory PBPAs. Not enough analysis.
Sorry, love. You raise another good point that I hadn't thought of; huge walls of text may deter readers and further harm activity. MY post also seems very shallow and ill-constructed now that I think about it...damn, I suck.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (isolation #21) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

Ugh, today was a bad day. Lots of housework + college and scholarships essays = ruined life. I'm still read up though.

Biggest event seems to be Sando's tirade against crypto, so I'll put in a quick 2 cents: Sando, maybe if you didn't take the extreme offense and ignore or ad-hom away most of what crypto says. Maybe he'll talk to. Cockfights like this don't do anything productive, so I suggest you start cooling down a bit.

Can we
please
see posts from more than 3 people in this game? Voting and putting cases on people in the hopes that they defend themselves does poop unless they're actually here. Hope thing pick up with the ultimatums.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (isolation #22) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

EPWOP: Maybe he'll talk to you again.
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

I'm sorry, mod, I should have given you an LA notice. Family time is not conducive to mafia around Thanksgiving.

Anyways, I'm trying out this new system of copying posts into a word document and annotating them. With this I hope not only to play more effectively but eliminate the corsury use of long quote-trains and walls of text. You, however, don't care, so I'll get to what I have so far.

The past:

My suspicion of Trumpet of Doom grows. Things have progressed and he's still lurking his ass off, and still hasn't gotten around to posting anything that could be called scumhunting or even content.

Not liking Sando for his previous behavior. His tirade was mostly ad hom based and expressed little desire to hear any counterarguments out. It seemed that he ignored a lot of what crypto said in response and just kept hammering away with "omg crypto is useless."

Peanut seems to have a very "soft" playing style compared to the others in here. He also seems rather passive. Even if he is a replacement, I get a noncommittal vibe from him and his playing stands out to me.

The Inquisition has been quite shy, popping in on occasion to make brief posts. I see that this activity continues into today. Don't be scared, post some content (lol hypocrisy)

The Present:

Pyromaniac has been very passive and his only post into my current reading was a contentless congratulatory post, which I regard as a minor scumtell.

Charter is, in a way, my biggest player analysis headache. He is very confident in his reads and seems fairly protown, even when going back on an overconfidence-framed wagon vote on muh. Post 1025 (the change of heart in question) has a nice, big, town-y chunk of content too. In spite of all this, I keep getting this nagging, almost irrational passive/lurker vibe about him. I also don't like the fact that
he "knows a whole slew of townies." This is more gut than anything else. I feel physically ill trying to puzzle this out, so I'll leave it alone for now.

Not supporting the muh lynch. Though I am suspicious of him for his fluff-padded posts and attitude, the circumstances surrounding our confirmed scum put him low on the need-to-lynch list.

Oh, sando. What are we going to do with you? Not only do you continue your tirade against crypto (although with slightly more substantial evidence), you misrep charter's case on you and subsequently try to counter his arguments using said misrep. Based on the posts I've thoroughly mulled over, you don't seem to be a likely town candidate.

Ending this post early because
A) people need to know I'm alive
B) I'm an incredibly slow typist, and
C) I haven't thoroughly analyzed everything yet.

Part 2 coming up.

For now:

FoS: Pyro
FoS: Peanutman
HoS: Trumpet
Vote: Sando
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”