Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #830 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:47 am

Post by Werebear »

Ack, we're started? I'm here! :) And might I just say how pleased I was to see a quote from me the first thing I saw when I opened up this game. :)

Am currently reading, reading, reading.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #878 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:21 am

Post by Werebear »

I don't blame you, draygn_mage, but by the time I realized it was day, it was already night. And with townies like PeaceBringer, the werewolves just need to sit back and wait for us to destroy ourselves.

OK, here's who's left:

Coron
BabyJesus
Save the Dragons
Werebear
Bamboomancer
rolandofthewhite
d_rouge
PookyTheMagicalBear
draygn_mage

Dead:
2 Werewolves

5 townie
1 herbalist
1 Gypsy (cop)
1 martyr
1 Miller
1 Magistrate
1 Seer (naive?)

I'd say there's 2 more werewolves, especially if Dranko20 was naive, and since there's a miller (which goes against the town). However, I have personally played an entire game as a normal cop that just didn't happen to choose any scum. Does anyone have a list of his investigations handy? I went back a few pages, and the only one I saw him list was Pooky.

I'd guess there's one more herbalist out there, but other than that precious few more "special" town roles. Does anyone happen to have a list of claims handy as well? If nobody does, I don't mind going back and making The List(tm) of claims.

Last, I'd much prefer Coron to roland. As Roland said, he had no idea PB was goign to off himself. When was Coron's last post in here? Does he need a poke or a replace?
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #891 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:16 pm

Post by Werebear »

Right now I'm wondering if dragyn started the bandwagon to distract the town. Also there's the odd dragyn/Pooky thing. If we lynched draygn, would that be proof of Pooky's guilt or innocence, or vice versa? I read it, but I still don't quite grasp it.

One note: I will be off on an Alaskan cruise for 12 days starting tomorrow afternoon. I will check in tomorrow morning, and will try to log on at least once during the cruise. If there comes a situation where I need replacing, I give the mod full permission to replace me, temporarily or permanently, though I will be very sad indeed. :(
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #901 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:46 am

Post by Werebear »

dragyn - I apologize for the misunderstanding, I didn't mean today's single vote, I meant yesterday's bandwagon you started that lead to the lynch.

And Pooky, don't get all snotty on me. Good mafia players fued with their mafia mates all the time. I was just wondering if you two were PROVED town.

I'm going to try and log on Monday from the ship.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #929 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:13 pm

Post by Werebear »

You know, I finally log on, and the day's over again. And I'm spending 35 cents a minute. *laugh*

The cruise is fun, but the boat spent the whole day pitching (rocking back and forth frotnwards and backwards), so walking is fun. Well, I would have considered a vote for Coron too, for what it's worth. Hypocritical as it is, I hate lurkers. Now I have to post in Seville before all my money goes towards internet fees.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #942 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:19 am

Post by Werebear »

HA! I'm posting, and it's DAY! not twilight, not night, DAY! I finally caught the game during a DAY! Thank you all for not having another 20-hour day.

does anyone else think it's kind of funny that dragyn_mage posted "I don't trust myself to vote anyone, hold on, OK, I'm voting"? I know, I know, Pooky's going to give me the Icy Stare of Death for even mentioning it, but it still just strikes me as a funny thing to post.

I have a theoretical game question for you. If you feel someone who's gone from the game is the one who should be lynched - which is worse, bringing in someone to replace and then lynching them, or lynching their character out of hand? I'd like to hear from STD, but bringing in a replacement just to lynch them seems unnecessarily cruel. And I can't think of anything the replacement would say that would help them other than "don't lynch me!".

Oh, and I'm back from Alaska, but I'm very very ready for some sleep, since I got about 2 hours last night, after 15 hours of travel. Will be back on tonight.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #973 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:53 am

Post by Werebear »

You know, I think Mr. Jackal has pulled it off. The more I look at it, the more I suspect Bamboomancer. And I will say this - if one is scum in the spotlight, there's nothing like hashing out who was what position on previous bandwagons... assuming the numbers are in your favor.

I'm willing to take my reputation right now on Bamboomancer.
vote: bamboomancer
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #974 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:54 am

Post by Werebear »

nice typo. STAKE, not take.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #997 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:52 am

Post by Werebear »

Actually, the last day went:

dragyn_mage voted STD
pooky voted STD
BabyJesus posts, didn't vote
I post, didn't vote
BabyJesus posts, didn't vote
BabyJesus votes... Bamboomancer?!
Mad Jackal votes Bamboomancer
I vote Bamboomancer
Pooky finishes him off

The reason I didn't vote STD right away, I was deathly afraid that dragyn_mage would unvote STD.. and we needed a townie's vote. And seeing as how BabyJesus had just posted, I was sure it would be 12-14 hours before he posted again, and someone would start the alarms against Werebear.

I really do apologize for not posting more, honestly, that one day I was really really disappointed not to have been a part of the lynch mob. Of course, the "day" was only about 18 hours long.

I do have to say, between the miller, the naive cop, the lovers, the virgin, 4 Werewolves plus a GF werewolf, the deck was
seriously
stacked against the town. All 9 of those roles are detrimental to the town in one fashion or another, while all the town had to defend itself was 1 sane cop and a magistrate, whose role was crippled as well. And when the wolves killed IS night 1 and mneme night 2, the town's fate was sealed.

And dragyn_mage? I say we let him live. As long as he gives me backrubs and I get the juicy parts of his kills. :twisted:
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #1004 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:27 am

Post by Werebear »

You are the Magistrate of Garulphos, entrusted with administering the law in this small town. You have the right to order a lynch mob to refrain from killing someone; they'll probably even listen the first time. You win when the entire werewolf pack has been eliminated.
Send me a PM sometime during the Day (i.e. before the lynch scene is posted) if you wish to incarcerate the intended victim. Under most circumstances, no lynch will occur that Day, and we will proceed into Night immediately.
Note: The sequestered person may not take any night actions, but may be investigated by the Seers. If they try to protect the same person twice, or if the vote count has more than the regular majority required, their authority is broken and the lynch goes through anyway. If someone is sequestered, he may go observe them in their cell at night to see if they change (nothing visibly happens if it is the Alpha).
I think this role might have been more powerful if they could have found the GF. The main problem with this role is, they can only investigate those people whose lynches they've stopped, so in order to lynch the 4 werewolves, they'd have to use 8 days to do it (one day to stop the lynch and investigate, and one day to denounce and truly lynch, each time). I think in the first 5 days, the Magistrate used his power, er, once? and that was for an innocent, so yes, he stopped the town from lynching an innocent once, but it's still a weak role in my opinion.

The miller was very lucky in that respect, that his ability got used. Considering that both the sane cop AND the naive cop get him as guilty, it could really screw with people's minds.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #1016 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:53 pm

Post by Werebear »

Phoebus - you were slain on the advice of my cronies, I didn't make the decision myself.

Second, if anyone looks back, I was actually hoping the town WOULD lynch one of the lovers, and of course it would be good old dragyn... I was trying to angle for this, hoping that the town would believe Pooky was innocent, even if I was nabbed.

Oh, and I'm not sure if this was listed in the role descriptions, but if the alpha wolf (GF) was killed, the next in line would become the GF. That in itself is a nastly little trick.

Part of the reason I lived was unfortunately due to the replacement, part was because my real life made me absent for so long (I honestly wasn't playing the lurker card), and part was because nobody was making sure that every member of the remaining crew spoke out in their defense at one point or another.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”