New York 116 - Prozacs Large Normal - Who won?

diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:52 am

Post by diginova »

VOTE: millar13 for both being the only non-bolded player in the player list, and also on policy.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by diginova »

Benmage wrote:
diginova wrote:VOTE: millar13 for both being the only non-bolded player in the player list,
and also on policy
Do explain.
It was mainly an RVS joke, but have you ever
PLAYED
a game with Millar? He insults players and uses constant craplogic.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:38 am

Post by diginova »

@Toogeloo: Village Idiot. Or Vi, the player, but I don't think that's what he meant.

UNVOTE:
, since Millar is no longer with us.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:32 am

Post by diginova »

How was it not an RVS vote, when the vote itself was prefaced by "for being the only non-bolded player in the player list"?
It was the first post in the game, on someone who hadn't even confirmed, that I mentioned just twice and then stopped saying anything about?
I agree that pushing policy lynches is a scumtell, but I was not even attempting to push it at all. Thus why once he (actually, his replacement) posted, I removed the vote.

In addition, what is it with mothrax and AGar constantly mentioning "getting RVS moving" as well as ending it in the same post? RVS is not some fixed phase, and there is no reason to wait until other people want to end it before posting reads. It ends when enough discussion has occurred for useful analysis. AGar, why did you wait until someone else wanted to move out of RVS to post your reads instead of taking initiative?
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:31 am

Post by diginova »

AGar wrote:I'm assuming you mean your first post in the game. But the preface could easily be forced to mask a true intention. If it was an RVS vote, why bring up the policy at all? And why follow it up with any justification?
I was just trying to answer the question as to what I found objectionable about millar's playstyle (my interpretation of the question asked). I brought up the policy because I have been reading through his previous games, and I didn't want any of what he did in that game to extend into this one, as I play Mafia for enjoyment, and his playstyle from the games I read saps any interest and intrigue from the game. I figured that by clarifying myself, millar could hopefully see it and keep it in mind in this game. My concerns are a moot point now, truthfully, since millar is no longer with us (and, in fact, was never really here in the first place, truthfully).
AGar wrote:For the second part:

I've mentioned "getting RVS moving" and ending the RVS in one post together, and I was questioning mothrax about it.
In regards to the second point, I wanted to post my response I was working on before I had to leave for work so I didn't read the post over. I was referring to Mothrax for the first part of it; I realize my wording was odd. What I meant to say was that Mothrax was trying to get it moving and ending it, and him and AGar were both actively wanting to end RVS.

I do find it interesting that Mothrax stated that he didn't like the RVS, yet still did nothing to get out of it, instead extending RVS even further by posting his joke "his sig told me to" vote.

A variant of the question I asked AGar was also supposed to go to Mothrax: If you hate the RVS so much, why did you place a me too vote instead of giving analysis? If you had to place a non-random vote on a player right now for the purposes of getting them lynched, who would it be and why would their lynch help us?
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:23 am

Post by diginova »

CCARaven4 wrote:We're in that awkward stage between RVS and the real game where people will make way too much out of something that may or may not be anything, so I feel as though a vote at this point is useless and will not further our efforts to scumhunt. Of course, if everyone followed this logic, we would get nowhere and the game would stall. Therefore, I will join the largest bandwagon on the hopes of learning some new information, either by his lynch or by his defense.
Vote: diginova
Have you read the thread? I have posted all the defense I will give on the matter; I explained my actions and if people feel that it warrants a lynch, there's not much I can say to change that and I'd rather use my time to find scum.

You state that votes are useless, yet instead of providing additional information or specifying who you think is scum, i.e. actually, to use your words, "furthering our efforts to scumhunt", you just jump on a bandwagon. That vote seems scummy to me; it seems like you're just doing what you're asked in order to try to blend in with the crowd. In addition, in 88, you state
I'm not seeing this small case, I think we can mark it off to RVS. I really don't think we can tell anything out of RVS, no matter how much we analyze stuff. I agree with Charlie, I'm gonna go with a null tell on this one.
If you marked the case off to RVS and a null tell just 11 hours earlier, what changed in the interceding 6 posts that caused you to switch a from a null tell to something worthy of a vote?

This is your third post this game, I've already quoted your second, and your first was a random vote. There is a distinct lack of any opinions in your posts. Thus, I ask you this: who are your top suspects right now and
why
?

People that try taking any and all suspicion off them by giving no information and then reversing whenever the slightest question is asked are very scummy, and deserving of an
FOS: CCARaven4
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:43 am

Post by diginova »

Toogeloo wrote:Digi has disappeared since the wagon got rolling on him.
How have I disappeared since the wagon got rolling? I've given my suspicions, yet I don't see anyone worthy of a vote. I've already stated my suspicions and explained the facts behind the reason the bandwagon on me started in 75 and 79.

If I get to L-1 I'll claim, and if I see a post that I really don't like, I'll call it out, but not much is happening for me to comment on right now.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by diginova »

mothrax wrote:So, my case against digi:
4th in iso: This is little, but he twists my words around, stating I "hate" rvs, which is not what I actually said. Points to possibly trying to make a situation a bigger deal than it actually is.
digi wrote:Have you read the thread? I have posted all the defense I will give on the matter; I explained my actions and if people feel that it warrants a lynch, there's not much I can say to change that and I'd rather use my time to find scum.
Instead of refering to where he actually states said argument, he gets defensive, using a grand statement to show that he "doesn't care"
and in that same post:
People that try taking any and all suspicion off them by giving no information and then reversing whenever the slightest question is asked are very scummy, and deserving of an FOS: CCARaven4
not even a vote. Only seven posts in iso, two of them during RVS, only one vote, and that was as a policy lynch/rvs vote. That tells me that you are scum who doesn't want to get on anyones bad side.
So tell me digi, if you find CCAR so scummy, why not vote for him?
And when asked why you haven't been posting, you claim "there is nothing worth commenting on." Isn't that synonomous with "If I don't post people might move on and forget my name?"
I am a very cautious player, and it's only page 6. While my read on CCAR is scummy, he hasn't done anything that is scummy enough for me to place a vote on him. Other than the obligatory RVS vote, I prefer waiting until there is more information and I would really want that player to get lynched before voting them. It could be that I'm overly cautious, but I find that my impulses are normally wrong, and once I place I vote, I am so focused on them that I have trouble finding information about other players. In case any of you want to know the reason I'm so cautious (I don't really care about giving out my meta, since I don't really use meta as a main argument anyway), it's my first game on-site, Newbie 444.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by diginova »

Anon wrote:About diginova: I hate his overdefensiveness, his deflection to another player in the same post is indeed not natural, and something that I noticed in my reread: he says he thinks policy lynching is scummy. Why would you even try it in RVS if you call yourself a cautious player?
Because RVS is just that, random.

I really don't want to claim, but I think I have to since Anon just put me at L-2, and there are a lot of players in this game who seem to come out of lurking just to vote the leading wagon, not reading anything else, and it seems like you can't scumhunt while any suspicion is on you without people calling it deflection.

I am a jailkeeper, town-aligned.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:31 am

Post by diginova »

How was L-2 not the right time to do it? Truthfully L-1 would be better, yes, but I wasn't sure I'd even be able to post today since I'm currently traveling, and it really seems that people aren't reading the rest of the game before posting.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by diginova »

Benmage wrote:I wouldn't say we're walking into D2 with nothing.
We may not be walking in with absolutely nothing, but it will be pretty close to nothing. If a policy lynch is brought through, you can only analyze either Lowell's voting patterns (which gives us absolutely nothing) or analyze the wagon (which is also useless, as in a policy lynch, town are just as likely to be on the wagon as scum).

It is interesting that a policy lynch is being brought up, as I remember that being what started my wagon early D1.

I would recommend that Lowell be either replaced, or at worst, vigged, but a policy lynch will not help at all with us finding scum and moving closer to winning.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:10 am

Post by diginova »

Sorry about not posting much recently; replaced into a game and have been relegated to just a mobile browser. More thoughts by tomorrow morning.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:05 am

Post by diginova »

I am sorry, I will need replacement. I apologize to Porochaz and all the players for the inconvenience.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”