Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #43 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Korts »

vote: Socrates

Don't seem to remember you preferring to go without a random vote.
MehPlusRawr wrote:...for RVS.
Make no apologies. Specially not for "RVS". Fucking hate that phrase.

As for Reck getting vigged: no. If Reck is to die by the town's hands, he will be lynched, no way are we going to vanillize a town killing role. I think this discussion can be fruitful--Reck's death means robbing the scum of being able to fuck with our heads, but also the town of a confirmed innocent down the line. Now, I think having a confirmed innocent in the endgame is very valuable, but will the scum keep him around for that long? Discuss.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #139 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:08 am

Post by Korts »

For fuckssake, can't sleep in peace?

I'll be catching up later today.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #163 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Korts »

Catching up, expect some outdated replies and a somewhat lengthier post.

Reck's death, which I consider inevitable before his confirmed alignment could hold any big benefits in POE, would be optimal for the town if it happened by scumkill, but the existence of the Innocent Child's vanillizing ability helps scum with each passing night--if the day cop finds a power role, a vanillizing by redirection and a kill the same night will give scum a foolproof safeclaim. There are facets to this dilemma that need to be taken into account, and I think decision on this front is a priority for town second only to the longer term one of finding the scum. I refuse to let this issue pass without a discussion at least, and outbursts of "why the fuck is discussion necessary" are highly suspicious from this point on, if not retrospectively. Ignoring the issue is also the same as refusing to address it or dismissing it. At the very least, a stance should be taken by everyone.

Incog, discussion is helpful. Your vote and your attempt to pre-empt any further elaboration don't make sense to me. What reason would I have as scum to force this discussion on town?

SSBF pushing the MPR quicklynch anxiousness issue with such vehemence in post 62, for instance, is really off-color. The issue is completely irrelevant and doesn't deserve such in-depth analysis; MPR's reaction and later rationalization were both understandable to me, and making such a big deal of it seems like more than just an effort to spark discussion. He seems to be eager to make MPR a scapegoat.

Neither am I comfortable with the nitpicking in 118 regarding the entire post vs. response to Socrates part, nor the response to DemonHybrid with the loaded question that DH doesn't want an easy way of getting rid of scum. The former is useless logical masturbation and pointless filler; the latter question implies that SSBF had presented an easy way of getting rid of scum, when all he did was say in unnecessarily many words that there is an extremely slim chance of town killing the scumteam by Day 2.

I really don't like DemonHybrid's post 87. What little of the post is actually spent on answering the question in reply to which the whole was apparently written is concerned with SSBF's setup speculation, which was well-reasoned as far as I can see. Nor can I see scum motives that DemonHybrid is ascribing to the bolded sections. Seems like a bad attempt at painting someone black. I somewhat agree with the target, but not with the particular reasoning--why not attack me, for instance, when I invited that speculation you so harshly attack?

Nachomamma stands out by nature of passivity far more than vezokpiraka. Nacho rides both the MPR and Hybrid wagons blatantly and without explanation, and gives no material to work with. Don't like him at all.

vote: Nachomamma

Feel free to join in.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #221 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Korts »

Sorry, busy day. Expect post tomorrow.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #243 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Korts »

PBPAs are useless for scumhunting--people always have tons of useless or irrelevant posts, and the rest can be twisted either way. I don't like you for that, vezok. Nor have you given me anything else to like you for.

Meanwhile, Seraphim is very blatantly riding vezok's wagon. Even if the wagon is somewhat better than the alternatives, I don't like its speed, the comfort with which all its voters seem to handle the situation, and the fact that Seraphim in particular seems awfully sure of himself. I really don't like this behavior. I don't agree with Socrates that DH should be looked at of all those people on vezok's ass, and I don't see why he didn't see Seraphim as the scummiest of the bunch.

And Reckoner is a dumbass.

Hey look, my first 100% serious vote:

vote: Seraphim

Seraphim wrote:Hey, Incognito, you were a reviewer for this game...what sort of thoughts do you have about the set-up in its current state from your unique standpoint?
I think Reck's situation ought to be discussed, no matter how thick you people are in insisting that it's pointless.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #297 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:06 am

Post by Korts »

Sorry to burst your bubble, Fate, but scum have daytalk as long as their encryptor is alive.

Seraphim, I love how you were brought out of your comfort zone. I also love how apparent you are in fishing for easy wagons. Just look at the progression. Ray was fine, but then: vezok, BAM, almost lynched; SpyreX claims that there's scum on the vezok wagon, and I accuse you specifically, and you hop right off in your next post; then immediately following, it's Nacho, the counterwagon all the cool kids are on these days; you get called out by Ray, and in the next post you unvote--only to vote the wagon of most current promise, SSBF, two hours later. You always seem to be voting for the least popular player, and you always get off when some people are starting to express doubt over that particular choice of lynch.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #298 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Korts »

By the way, fuck you all arrogant dumbasses who refuse to discuss Reck's lynch. Yes, this would mean admitting that the night game is at least as important as the day game, but look at it like this: the scum
will
use every tool at their disposal to fuck with our minds; we have the option of taking some of those tools away. IT'S WORTH AT LEAST A FUCKING DISCUSSION.

Dumbasses.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #302 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Korts »

For what it's worth, I'm leaning toward the stance that Reck shouldn't be lynched. But I'm sure I haven't considered everything, and I need you to think of what benefits and hindrances the lynching of Reck has. This is an important fucking point not to be dismissed because you are too fucking arrogant and are in serious need of having your teeth kicked through your skulls.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #305 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:16 am

Post by Korts »

Seriously, Fate. I don't care about your opinion on this, I know you're too fucking stubborn. But let other people try to think about this.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #311 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Korts »

Wasting time my ass. Forum mafia isn't linear, look at the fucking quote wars others are engaged in here. I don't want scum to get the chance of safe fakeclaims, which if they find a power role with the role cop, they will get through Reck. Reck's presence is a liability as much as his confirmed alignment is helpful.

I don't want Reck lynched because as far as I understand he's a competent player and I myself prefer day game over night game, but I can't speak for others when taking into account how much night results will be considered; and if they're considered by others, I want them to be as reliable as possible.

I don't give a fuck about your threats, I won't be bullied into submission however good a player you may be.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #313 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Korts »

Fair enough.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #325 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Korts »

Don't think daytalking scum would claim a power role D1 in this situation.

k guys pile up on the seraphim wagon
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #329 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Korts »

Fate: I'm going on the assumption that scum would prefer to keep the option of getting a fakeclaim through power role redirection and vanillizing rather than baiting a counterclaim. But if SSBF's scum, I endorse a counterclaim. It's a fair trade-off for town, IMO: it's a just a weak investigative role.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #331 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Korts »

BTW I can get behind a vezok lynch, but Seraphim's active and I want him to squeal first.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #373 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:23 am

Post by Korts »

The problem with the vezok wagon is that I get the impression that this is pretty much normal play for him. Is this just a policy lynch, or is there more to it?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #429 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:24 am

Post by Korts »

I'm back early. I'll be catching up later today.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #440 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:40 am

Post by Korts »

Sorry, my limited access resumed. I'll be back tomorrow.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #453 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:33 am

Post by Korts »

For now I'll just defend myself. I'll have to do a proper reread of the whole game later (I intend to do this today) before I can properly recalibrate my scumdar.

By the way, congratulations to RayFrost. Nicely done on the fake wagon analysis--you look at me and Spyrex, and waste a few words on Nacho, but basically you neglect to do what you initially set out to do.

Concerning the contradiction you claim between post 163 and post 243, I don't see the issue. That my first 100% serious vote is in post 243 doesn't mean that my previous votes weren't somewhat serious. I wouldn't have voted if I didn't see something scummy--except my motivations for voting aren't necessarily to lynch someone, and if they aren't, the vote can't be completely serious. In Seraphim's case I had no ulterior motive, I wasn't fishing for reactions, I wasn't trying to build discussion; I was genuinely convinced he had scum motivations in riding vezok's wagon. It was mostly a gut read, hence why I didn't push it with the fervor that you seem to have expected from me.
Ray wrote:The contradiction here is brought to light by the extensive discussion that korts made about lots of players other than nacho that were actually more solid than his reasonoing for his vote, not to mention the utter and complete lack of any mention of seraphim. This means seraphim didn't catch his eye... at all.
What the fuck, man? Am I supposed to suspect everyone I intend to lynch from the very beginning of the game? Seraphim hadn't, indeed, caught my eye at the time I was voting Nacho. When someone catches my eye, I say as much. This is so much bullshit here--are you trying to paint even the innocent comments of mine so black that town has no choice but to lynch me?

By the way, my support of the vezok case was insofar as I perceive him to be an anti-town element. I saw and see the crusade against him as not much more than a policy lynch--which I can accept and get behind, just not over a genuine scumhunting lynch, which the Seraphim wagon was on my part. My question, by the way, which you allude to as me shooting down your vezok case, was directed at anyone who has had prior experience with vezok (a lot of you seem to have) so that I can judge whether the vezok case is on policy or to find scum. Noone answered, so I pursued my own case.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #458 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:33 am

Post by Korts »

Fate wrote:HEY KORTS ITS DAY FUCKING TWO AND YOU ARENT VOTING ANYONE
HEY FATE I NEED TO RECALIBRATE IF YOU HADN'T NOTICED MY PRIME SUSPECT FLIPPED TOWN
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #489 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Korts »

Posting here to force this on myself. I will do a reread and some kind of analysis and hopefully have a suspect and post to that effect within the next three hours. I'm trying real hard to have more than a passing interest in this game, but I've failed so far...
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #493 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:55 am

Post by Korts »

mod: please replace me

My rhapsodic mood swings make me incapable of being a valuable player in this game. My deepest apologies to all involved, I have learned my lesson for the umpteenth time, and hopefully this realization will stick. This is my final retirement.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #723 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Korts »

big props to Red. Thanks for saving the role and the scum, I'm not nearly interested enough these days to play a game for multiple weeks/months.
scumchat never die

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”