NY 118 - BBM's Large Normal Mafia (Game!)

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2516 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Ether »

To be fair, danakillsu caused me to falsely confirm JDodge/pacman as town. Dunno if it was intentional, but hey, it worked.

That ratio really doesn't apply for larger games at all. (For example, would you seriously say that 4:18 was imbalanced?) And there
were
6 scum--a serial killer is very much scum. I think the town was reasonably strong, but mostly you just got very very unlucky with crosskills. If Antihero had chosen to play differently, he could have fucked the town over just as easily.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2524 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Ether »

7 scum is in fact more than 1/4 of 24, a ratio which isn't a good rule of thumb in larger games in the first place. You might have gotten screwed over by the serial killer, but adding more scum wouldn't make the game more balanced in the slightest--it just hurts the rest of us even more when the bloody chainsaw swings the other way. (I'm not a fan of serial killers in general for that reason, among many many others.)

You newschool whippersnappers get waaaaay too worked up about cops. Watchers, PGOs and SKs are the cool roles to hate.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2543 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Ether »

Yeah, Antihero shouldn't have claimed there, and it would have been bad play for mafia to claim as well--when someone claims scum, you lynch them. Could have been messy for me to argue that in LyLo, since I was at the top of a couple people's lists.

I still think the idea that I was scum because I was giving DemonHybrid a free pass when I had
just replaced in
was silly. (Of course, process of elimination and Eek being a filthy lurker were both excellent reasons to suspect me.)

You need to be on somebody's radar to get caught by a cop in the first place. Main thing I dislike about them is that there's no way to argue out of a guilty once it's on you, but introducing framers to the meta punishes play that is currently optimal. It's messy.
As I move my vote
LOUDER

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”