mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1837 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:45 am

Post by mastin2 »

Parama wrote:Bye Mastin?
I chose my wording very carefully. (Observe how I said "under the name 'Mastin'".) Mastin's retired, permanently (I'll log in maybe one more time, to fix things up in the account). Enter, mastin2! :P

(Funnily enough, I created this account on my scumday, after I had gained an extremely negative reputation and players/moderators had begun to blacklist me. I figured that they were blacklisting "Mastin", and if I returned to the site and started playing well, that the account would be a way to get around the blacklist, since mastin2 technically isn't Mastin. :P)

True to my word, I'm never setting foot in MD again (except for scummy nominations), but you didn't think I'd flat-out quit, did ya? :P
Pine wrote:I was phenomenally lucky to have gotten inside Mastin's head and plucked a Town read out of it.
Apparently, I got things backwards. Know that Newbie game you were in, that you recently lost in? I had you down there as scum. :P

I said it to Nacho--
"Yay, my Pie read was right! My uneasy feeling was justified!"
And at the same time, "****! THE SCHIZO ACT FOOLED ME!" (It really shouldn't have, considering Nacho and I did the exact same thing in our last game as scum, or were planning on it before we were quickhammered. But we were confirmed scum, and I thought that doing it day one was just attracting unnecessary attention which'd be a bad idea as scum. :P)

(Nhammen, obv. Hopp, not surprising. Other two...)

Pine, on the other hand, was a complete and total epic fail for me. :(
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1885 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:05 am

Post by mastin2 »

Interestingly enough, I told Nacho that if we weren't dead in a couple of days, I'd think Pine was scum.
Had you guys killed us so much as a single night later, I would've been suspicious. But you killed us right at the deadline for that thought process. Alive any longer, and I would've been thinking that Pine-scum wanted me alive. Since you guys killed us, anyway, I thought that the timing was (although a bit strained and longer than it should be) still evidence enough. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1887 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:20 am

Post by mastin2 »

Reading the scum QT (not done reading it, but I've read part of it), I find it quite amusing that many of you thought I was some sort of Chessmaster who was Gambiting. Not only because,
1: I WAS Gambiting, in a situation I knew I couldn't completely lose (though did get less than I wanted >_<), although not nearly as sinister as you were expecting, and
2: I really AM a Chessmaster.
...Or, at least, used to be, on another forum, where I was well-known for doing this. (And that kind of Gambit is
exactly the kind of thing I
would
pull off
! :P) (And, ironically, had it pulled off successfully
against
me once. :P)
Thing is, I found that life to be incredibly stressful, to the point where I couldn't really handle the pressure. (Not to mention, they kept lynching me for being a threat. :P)
So, I retired from the life of Chessmastering and Gambiting, settling into a more normal role of a player on that site.

(On MafiaScum.net, I've never been a Chessmaster. I've always been a Gambiter--as evident by this game where I made a huge one which I mostly lost--but complicated strategies tended to blow up in my face, so I preferred just winging it. :P)

You guys did give me way too much credit. On that other site, and in the past, sure, the paranoia woulda been warranted, but when I've mostly gotten rid of those risky tendencies, it wasn't really that worrisome.

As for what made you town, Pine...
...Well, I remember there being one major reason, but I don't recall what it was off the top of my head. There were several smaller reasons which combined with the main reason convinced me Pine was town, but I can't recall what that main major reason was. :/
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1891 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by mastin2 »

(...Who the heck made a mastin3? And went through the trouble of copying my signature, too? >_<)

C-worl, it happens. I got a strong town-read, with one main reason and several smaller reasons. (If you read the scum QT, it IS around the time Pine posted 169
, but I know it wasn't for that reason. That might've been one of the smaller reasons, but I had one main reason I thought Pine was town. Which I later forgot.) I could list any number of reasons Pine was town. There was, like, a three-to-one ratio of evidence for-against Pine being town. And taking into effect the weight of said evidence (lots of the stuff for him was major, lots of the stuff against him was weak), that moved it to an 80-90% chance. (Give or take.) Obviously not the 100% I said earlier, and that's likely because all the small reasons were there, but I had forgotten the main reason which bumped it up that extra 10-20%. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1897 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Technically, Grey, Mastin's dead already. :P
(Also, I'm actually quite a bit upset someone went through the trouble of creating a mastin3. I wanted that name as a backup to my backup! >:( :P)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1899 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Dude. If I did that again, I'd lynch MYSELF. :P (Gambiting every once and a while is fun. Too much, too big, and it's not worth the risk.)
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”