Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:48 am

Post by pappums rat »

unvote
vote pine

God, these walls are terrible. It was such a struggle to keep up with this game while I was reading along. But here are my thoughts:

There have only been a few real contributers to this game, so most people at this point are null. My top scumreads as of right now are pine and bunnylover. I don't like the wagons on Bub or Cecily, they are both townreads of mine. pine has done nothing but active lurk all game. Every post except one has been promising to post later, and the one that isn't is just a quote from an epicmafia link. He has completely managed to keep from being involved in day one at all, with the only exception being his poor Cecily vote.

I don't understand the case on Gollum, and would like it explained a little more concisely if you would Calcifer.
Magister Ludi wrote:MrTrow, farside22, zombeh (Bunny), Bub, lurker/potentially more.

This makes sense to me. I can't really explain it, (and this late at night don't have time) but for whatever reason this team of scum seems right. I'll try and unpack in subsequent posts.

(prods on Gollum et al. @ mod please)
Trying to tie a scumteam together without any flips is not a viable strategy, I'm afraid. Every time someone tries this it does not turn out well. Trust me, I know from experience. :razz:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:08 am

Post by pappums rat »

^
People throw around accusations all the time, sometimes because they actually do think a person is scummy, and sometimes just to see how people will respond. There is nothing scummy about insisting someone is scum on Day 1.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Wall posts are not pro-town because they are hard to read and usually contain a lot of unnecessary stuff that can obscure the main point of the post. Many people will just skim wall posts as a result of this. It is best to say what you need to say in as few words as is necessary, and to be concise. Wall posts can also easily be used by scum to make it seem like they have more to say than they actually do.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by pappums rat »

confirm vote: pine

That is the second time today I have caught him lurking in this thread. He has had plenty of opportunity to get some opinions together. The only thing he has contributed at all was his cecily vote. I think he is avoiding this game. Wagon, ho!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:26 am

Post by pappums rat »

Unvote
Vote: Zdenek

I saw Zdenek do that exact same thing as scum in Mini 1105, cutting off a person's quote like that to give it a different meaning than what it should have had. I am more confident that Zde is scum over Pine atm, but I still have my eye on Pine.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:08 am

Post by pappums rat »

Hey Tasky, could you give some people some prods? There are people in this game that have not posted for 5 and 6 days. In fact, I think a mass-prod may be in order, this game is suffering from a serious lack of participation.

Acronach, what is your opinion on Zdenek and Pine? You have been tunneling Ctorj pretty hard for quite some time, without really giving opinions on anyone else.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:39 am

Post by pappums rat »

Here are my reads as of now:

Town- Caboose, Thor, Calcifer, Cecily, Bub, Furcolow
Townish- evilpacman18, nocmen
Scummy- Acronach, farside22
Scum- Zdenek, Pine, Bunnylover

Everyone else is null.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:34 am

Post by pappums rat »

Acronach wrote:
Gollum wrote:
Weather permitting, we will have something up tonight.
kk, so...
Thank you Acronach, that helps a lot. You still have not answered my question, and you still refuse to give comments about what is going on in this game.

P.edit: ROFLMAO.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:17 am

Post by pappums rat »

Acronach wrote:ok, what's your question?
pappums rat wrote:Hey Tasky, could you give some people some prods? There are people in this game that have not posted for 5 and 6 days. In fact, I think a mass-prod may be in order, this game is suffering from a serious lack of participation.

Acronach, what is your opinion on Zdenek and Pine? You have been tunneling Ctorj pretty hard for quite some time, without really giving opinions on anyone else.

You should want to be proactive if you are town. You are the opposite of this, Acro. You are not doing anything to help town.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:39 am

Post by pappums rat »

There was no interaction between them whatsoever. I want your opinion of how likely each one is town or scum.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:40 am

Post by pappums rat »

*Actually, I would like your opinions on everyone in the game.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Acronach wrote:well, at least pine is posting relevant content in another game. unfortunately for him, he's just prod-dodging here. 1 more prod dodge and he has my vote.
Yes, because you are really one to be complaining about people not posting content, aren't you? You have failed to address my enquiries once again, so I will shorten my list of people I want your opinions on.

Please tell me whether you think there is a greater chance of the following players being town or scum, and your reasons for those beliefs:

Twisted Spoon
Zdenek
Pine
Evilpacman18
Calcifer

I think Haylen has a good point about Twisted Spoon. That looks like a scumslip to me, and I think that she is right that a scumflip on TS would implicate Acronach as well. I don't want the Zdenek wagon to die just yet, but if more support is thrown behind a TS or Acronach wagon I would support it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:56 am

Post by pappums rat »

Calcifer's case on Gollum looks to me like he has to stretch on several places to make his suspicions align with what Gollum has said in the thread. That is my observation and I look forward to Gollum's defense of himself so I can see if he takes the same issues I do with his case. That said, I still think Calcifer is town, and Gollum is still null for the most part, but leaning town.

Pine's vote on Furcolow makes no sense to me whatsoever.

While I still consider the flip of the slot of Acronach or Twisted Spoon to be the one that would tell us the most, I believe in the Zdenek wagon. I also seriously doubt with the current deadline that there will be enough time for a different wagon to overtake the Zdenek wagon. Zdenek is now at L-2 by my count.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:58 am

Post by pappums rat »

* Actually, I'd say Calcifer's flip would tell us the most in regards to who is town and who is scum, but obviously he isnt someone I would consider lynching.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:20 am

Post by pappums rat »

V/LA until Sunday
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:21 am

Post by pappums rat »

*And just FTR I still think Zdenek is the best lynch.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #16) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:35 am

Post by pappums rat »

unvote

I don't like a Cecily lynch at this point, Pine and Bunnylover are both on this wagon and I have them both as scumreads. The only way I would vote for Cecily is at the last second to avoid a no-lynch.

Calcifer, FTLOG please don't do these awful wall-cases for everyone. There is exactly zero town motivation to clutter the thread with cases for everyone.

Pine is obvscum. His blatant buddying with several people and his quick-to-vote-with-thor attitude over the last several pages is terribad.

My scumreads atm are Twisted Spoon, Pine, Bunnylover, and (to a lesser extent) Magister Ludi.

ML misrepped me big time, but I think this might be a newb mistake rather than a scum-motivated action:

What ML claimed I said:

Magister Ludi wrote:Trow's vote on confirmed town caboose was weak.

His follow up convoluted

and his replacements (pappums) reads are appeasement, putting most of the higher posting players in town category and scum as the lesser. More interesting is his comment about calicfer, saying he would 'like to lynch her, but actually just kidding not really!!' Uncertainty on what to do.

What I actually said:

pappums rat wrote:* Actually, I'd say Calcifer's flip would tell us the most in regards to who is town and who is scum, but obviously he isnt someone I would consider lynching.

I never said anything about wanting to lynch Calcifer, just that his flip (i.e., knowing his alignment) would tell us the most.

Twisted Spoon is the best lynch for today.

Gollum, I would suggest Pine as your vig-target, but if you don't agree with Pine, then I would say that your proposal to vig ML is alright in my book.

Vote: Twisted Spoon

Come on folks, we don't have much time left, and TS is IMO easily the best lynch for today, as he has a possible connection to Duplicity's slot as well.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (isolation #17) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:29 am

Post by pappums rat »

Damn it, there is just not enough time. Lets lynch Cecily then, lynch is always better than no-lynch.

Unvote
Vote Cecily
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (isolation #18) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:31 am

Post by pappums rat »

BTW, L-2.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #19) » Fri May 06, 2011 4:12 am

Post by pappums rat »

I think it is likely that evilpacman18 did crumb that he was going to visit Bub, that is pretty unambiguous. Gollum obviously isnt out of the woods yet, but I think we have a better chance of hitting scum with a Bub lynch than a Gollum lynch today.

Vote: Bub Bidderskins
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (isolation #20) » Fri May 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by pappums rat »

farside22 wrote:
HELLO TO EVERYONE THAT DID NOT JUST READ MY POST.
I SAW EVIL VISIT GOLLUM. PLEASE LYNCH THE SCUM!

TS: I already voted Gollum. I'm telling everyone to vote him. If my vote could count more then once it would be a good thing as it get's rid of scum.

Well then.

unvote
Vote: Gollum
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (isolation #21) » Fri May 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by pappums rat »

LOL Pine maybe she just didnt want to give her role away so quickly and obviously like that. It is common for players with investigative roles to push wagons onto people they recieve this sort of information on without directly revealing their role so that the scum wont NK them.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (isolation #22) » Fri May 06, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by pappums rat »

LOL again Pine, he has had plenty of chances to say who he targeted last night AND HE HAS DONE NO SUCH THING. I think now it is obvious that he is scum, and you come away from this, in your bizarre defense of Gollum, looking pretty damn scummy (not to mention my suspicion of you from yesterday).

P. edit: Or not. There is no reason whatsoever for farside to fake this sort of result as scum.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (isolation #23) » Fri May 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by pappums rat »

LOL why should farside claim exactly?

P. edit: exactly.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (isolation #24) » Tue May 10, 2011 4:54 am

Post by pappums rat »

baw
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:24 am

Post by pappums rat »

This was a fun game to play in and to read along with after I died while I was still caught up. Now that I finished reading it I'll give my thoughts on it. I cant believe the town bought hohum's claim at the end, especially after he admitted before TS was lynched that he had faked the investigation. Town definately did not deserve to win this game. As for the setup, I think it was quite well thought out and original and pretty awesome, despite my initial misgivings when I saw how much "power" the scum had. Thanks for modding this one Tasky, it was pretty awesome.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”