New York 138: OxyMoron Mafia :: Game Over!

projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:41 am

Post by projectmatt »

Hi guys. A user who really wanted this game to keep going PM'd me asking if I could fill in a spot, and I couldn't say no because that would be far too rude. This is my first time replacing into a game though so bear with me as I try to catch up. I'll be away for a decent amount of time tonight but during my re-read I will post or respond to things that I see as scummy and or towntelly. I'm too sporadic to take notes.

@Mod, when is the deadline?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:07 am

Post by projectmatt »

I'm going to go ahead and answer this questionnaire. Answers are in bold.

1: Why do you play Mafia?

It tests your mind. It is also an excellent way to kill time and I like interacting with other people VIA scumhunting.

2: How old are you?

Fifteen.

3: How would you describe your general thought process?

I am very, very bipolar when it comes to how I get my reads. My opinion on your alignment may change if you make one towntell or one scumtell.

4: What is your time-zone?

Eastern timezone.

5: How do you approach unique problems in need of solution?

By slowly deducting what caused the problem and putting it together piece by piece.

6: What is your favorite precious metal, and why?

I don't believe in metal.

7: How would you approach this game as town?

Scumhunting

8: How would you approach this game as scum?

Pretending to scumhunt

9: What is your gender?

My gender should have no effect on the way the game is played. Take a guess.

10: Are you nervous?

I always am a bit anxious when entering a game of mafia for the fear that I will scumhunt terribly and be shown as an idiot.

11: What is your experience level?

I frequent epicmafia, so I know how the game works. Unfortunately, the meta here in terms of scumhunting, roles and basically everything is completely different and I am slowly adjusting to the way it works. I have two completed games on this website, currently in three. I am somewhat experienced.

12: What are your strongest emotions?

I will rage at you very easily.

13: What's your general activity level?

Active, but I only contribute when I actually have something to say. Please do not pressure me to contribute more when all of my thoughts are out and anything else would be slanderous filler.

14: What is your plan in this game?

Getting rid of the mafia one by one.

15: Which do you prefer: RVS, RQS, or other? (If Other, please explain.)

RQS

16: Do you have a reputation? What for?

No.

17: Do you prefer playing as town, scum, or other? (If Other, please explain.)

Scum.

18: What are your favorite three roles?
Vanilla, Mafia Godfather and Doctor.

19: What order are those favorite roles in?

Mafia Godfather is my favorite, followed closely by Vanilla townie. It's not in any specific order.

20: What is your stance on lurkers?

Depends on the kind of lurking.

21: How do you plan on catching scum?

How do you think I plan on catching scum? By watching and observing the play of every player, deducting who scumtold and who towntold and catching the scum dead in their tracks.

22: What do these questions mean to you?

Nothing.

23: What is the airspeed velocity of a coconut-laden swallow? :P

24: You see someone waving their arms and directing you to go right. How do you respond?

Go left. It's WIFOM.

Early reads:

Town: Empking, Johnhog

Scum: Oversoul, Mastin

This is based off of the first four pages. Let's see how the rest of this game unfolds.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:47 am

Post by projectmatt »

Page nine. I
retract
my town read on Johnhog for an overly defensive and just completely terrible attempt at a case on Vifam. I have a fairly strong town read on Foolish Fool for seeming genuinely interested in catching the scum, but I guess it's more of a gut read. He just has this feeling about him that makes me believe he is town. I am trying to post roughly every ten pages just so I can stay consistent with my thought process.

Ergo, reads as of the start of page nine:

Town: Empking, Foolish Fool,

Scum: Oversoul, Johnhog
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:15 am

Post by projectmatt »

Page 19:

Argument between Johnhog and Vifam is one of the most pointless things I have ever had the displeasure of reading in my experience of playing mafia. I think Vifam is town after it, though. I think Johnhog sounded way too desperate to prove that he was in fact not looking at the thread, and he over reacted so badly it makes me want to quicklynch him. Oh, and accusing Vifam of a scumslip based off of nothing is even worse. +scum points to him. Also, please do not insult EM players. It is my home. :(

Johhog wrote:Vifam, are you scum?

What the
fuck was the point of asking this?
This was after the big argument. He doesn't focus on any other player aside from Vifam, he doesn't give reads, he doesn't show interest in scumhunting. He just wants to stir up trouble. Biggest scum read so far. I don't buy the reaction test.

Other notes: I like David's stubbornness. A lot. Bomberman's condescending attitude annoys the fuck out of me. You aren't smarter then anyone else by using insults. Please don't pretend to be. I'm thinking he is town though. Oversoul throwing in the towel was a somewhat towntell. Though, judging by the post directly above me, it doesn't look like he actually did. He is null until I examine further play.

Johnhog: Stop being a pretentious douchebag. Quoting the dictionary to prove a point? Really?

Vifam: Can you pay more attention to other players please? I dislike it when it's a wall of text singled on only two players.

Mastin: Why did you have a town read on Johhog on page 13?

Town: Empking, David, Bomberman, Vifam, KDCA(?)*

Scum: John, Mastin, Oversoul(?)*

*reads that I am only somewhat sure on
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:17 am

Post by projectmatt »

Going out now. Apologies for the large multi-posts. Expect a full catch up tomorrow evening\afternoon or late tonight.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Back to reading.

No i haven't played with emp before.

secondly, really?

I will not attempt to use meta too much, but this is just a plain out lie. I have been in games with KDCA where KDCA has played and interacted with Empking. Read: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 52&t=17571 Not saying this is scum, but I wanted to point it out.
'
Having that said, I will by policy UNVOTE: Vifam (didn't realise I still voted him), VOTE: Oversoul even while he is reading town to me.
Selfvoters must die. If he is scum, we're lucky. If he is town, he is playing against his wincon and should GTFO if he doesn't unvote now.

This is an anti-town post. Don't tell me it isn't. The goal is to lynch the scum, not to lynch the people who you think are playing badly. If this is the case, why didn't he lynch Vifam after thinking he was a VI earlier? Johnhog is scum. And Vifam is town.

Johnhog later stated he was just voting Oversoul to get him to unvote, and that there are scummier people to unvote. He then preceeds to unvote Oversoul and guess what? Not vote or question anybody.

I also am getting scum tells from Secret Project for attacking Oversoul for selfvoting. Those kind of players who don't look for scum need to be lynched. Right away.

Town: Vifam, KDCA, Foolish Fool, Empking, Bomber, David

Scum: Mastin, Oversoul, Johhog, Secret Project

One more update post coming up. Then I will be caught up fully and promptly put a vote up.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Johhog wrote:EVERYONE VOTE SECRET PROJECT.

BANDWAGON CHOO CHOO.

Bus. He's emphasizing on this wagon specifically because he wants credit for lynching his scumbuddy. This is a bus because he makes another two quick posts telling everyone to join the wagon in caps, then never mentions it again.

Johhog wrote:I have scumreads on RedFF and kcdaspot, null leaning scum on Bomberman and town on Mastin.

Hey, where did that scum read on Secret Project go? It didn't go away because Johh had not unvoted prior to this post. It means he was BUSSING.

Xeras wrote:
Vifam wrote:THE AURA OF THAT POST READS TOWN HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNG.

Lolzzzzzz.... no.

My case against Oversoul has already been briefly touched. One, self voting is retarded, no matter what the circumstances.

GODAMMIT GUYS. STOP LOOKING FOR VI TELLS AND START LOOKING FOR SCUM TELLS.

And I want Mastin's input because he is a player like everyone else (albeit very good) and he hasn't been posting for some time. Not because I intend to sheep him or anything if that is what you think.

Scum. In. Panic.

Also, the town is fucking retarded. That will be the only insult I lay this game, but I'm saying it to everyone because I'm pissed off that you spent the time discussing replacing out rather then actually looking for scum or noticing an obvious bus. Play the game.

-inhale-

I want to resurrect this game. I feel excited about my reads in this one. I feel excited about nailing the scum. I'm encouraging everyone to be active here because this game clearly lost it's momentum. I am building it back.

I am now caught up with the thread, and here are my finalized reads:

Town: Vifam, Xeras, KDCA, FoolishFool, Empking, Bomb, David

Scum: Johhhog, Mastin, Secret Project, Oversoul, RedFF, Fool_Hardy

Let's get the ball rolling.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by projectmatt »

EWBOP: Mastin is scum for not answering his own questions, using the answers to his questions to explain his reads without elaborating why and just being seemingly forced.

Forgot this, BTW:

Vote: Johhog
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:38 am

Post by projectmatt »

projectmatt, what do you think is wrong with admitting that you're wrong? I don't like your "catch-up post" and btw, insult me somewhere else, asshole.
Granted, I could've been nicer but that's always my problem - I'm way too honest and genuine. And Matt, I won't even answer to your "case".

I'm sorry if you feel like I was insulting you. It's not intentional. I get aggressive when I play the game at points, and you have to understand re-reading that game and seeing other people not noticing something I found made me both excited and frustrated. It's never my intention to come off as an asshole. I'm usually nice - I swear. And do you think my catch-up post is a lie completely because I marked you down as scum?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:18 am

Post by projectmatt »

Hi John. Why don't you answer the question I posted at the end of the the last page that you ever-so kindly ignored? You disregarding all of my posts as trash because I think you are scum is arrogant player regardless of the alligment. If you think I should change and be pointed in the right direction, point me in the right direction. Until then, I think you are scum. And yes, I do think you were bussing Secret Project. Try to prove me wrong.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:44 am

Post by projectmatt »

I understand I marked you down as scum. Do you think the entire catch-up post is bad because of it? Even the parts not involving you? Also, what town behavior do you think I am wrong with?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Johhog wrote:Mainly my wagoning, reaction testing and also you're criticising policy votes and think they're scummy. I mean, really?

"your wagoning"

You mean your random read that comes out of nowhere that consists of you telling everyone to join their wagon in all caps and then two seconds later you never mention this read again. (but you don't unvote, of course.) And you don't even mention this player in your LIST OF READS after you go for the wagon.

"your reaction testing"

You mean your subtle attempts to get Vifam quicklynched out of anger when he does nothing scummy in particular? The three page wall-of-text flamewar that you get aggressive in for no particular reason is a reaction test?

"your policy votes"

Lynching the lurkers, the VI's or the people you don't like is anti-town. Why? Because it doesn't mean you are lynching the scum. It means you are lynching the people you don't like, not the scum. That's playing against your win condition.

So yeah, I mean, really.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by projectmatt »

I think the recent posts from both Oversoul and Johhog bother further prove my point: they are scum. If you don't think one is scum, vote the other. I feel confident in my reads this game.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:58 am

Post by projectmatt »

I'm opposed to scum jumping on random wagons to bus their partners. What? Are you trying to tell me it was for pressure? Policy votes are, yes, anti-town.

Respond to it. I dare you. You seem so confident that my reads are pure trash that I would like you to.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:43 am

Post by projectmatt »

Lolfail. It never crossed your mind that I wasn't trying to build a case on Vifam? :roll:

..You made a case. On Vifam. About why Vifam was scum. But you weren't trying to build a case?

Desperate? Even more fail. You wouldn't take the time to prove that an accusation was totally invalid if you had the chance to? And I insult EM players all that I want. Sorry if you take issue, but if you look at the forums the EM players is usually bad (yes I'm an EM player too so I believe I have some sort of right to complain about EM).

There's a difference between retorting an argument and sounding like you would do anything you ever could possibly do to prove that it was false. You were the latter example.

And well, that question to Vifam was a light joke, I decided the test was over. I could say the same about you Matt. You're tunneling, you're acting like you have a case on me when you have nothing and your whole behaviour is anti-town. Also, you "don't buy" the reaction test? What the fuck do you think I was doing then?

A joke? I thought you called it a reaction test? If you fill up several pages with meaningless banter and call it a "reaction test" I am not going to buy it, sorry.

Your a VI though and not scum, this is a typical failcase from town. Also, a protip: stop being an asshole.

I am an idiot because I think you are mafia and I have legitimate reasoning that you have failed to retort? OK.

At least listen to me ONE TIME. Policy votes ain't scummy, because they're POLICY. Meaning I would vote him if I was town, I would vote him if I was scum. That's policy.

Policy lynches are anti-town. Explain to me how it isn't playing against your win condition. It's lynching someone who you don't think\know is scum, it's lynching someone who you don't like. It's stupid.

Also, I can't remember if I was the one who wrote the post about VI tells, but my argument is completely valid and your "scum in panic" stance is - well, idiotic. Why do you want to lynch the VI's instead of the scum, if I may ask?

The self-explanation paired with the "IF THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK, OR SOMETHING" sounded panicky. You also ignored the part about Secret Project. Haha.

Oh, almost forgot, you're having a scumread on the guy you replaced. Normally scummy, but tbh I think it further proves that you're a VI.

Go call me an idiot elsewhere. You know my case has legitimate value to it.

And yeah, that's the non-existent "case" which is just discrediting my behaviour and twisting my words. Why did you feel the need to do this Matt?

Explain to me how I've been twisting your words or discrediting you. I am laying out what you've said and posting why it is scummy.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:12 am

Post by projectmatt »

If Either Johhog or Oversoul flip scum, Mastin is also town.

Why?

Also, I forgot to note. I listed my replacement as a scum read to see who would notice it and in what way they would react to it. You using it to discredit my arguments instead of actually retorting my arguments further proves that you are scum.

Policy votes and policy lynches are the same. A policy vote says you want a policy lynch. A policy lynch requires a policy vote. You can't even retort the rest of my case, John. You ignored parts of it blatantly.

Are you going to keep calling me un-intelligent because I figured you out?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:18 am

Post by projectmatt »

Johhog wrote:
projectmatt wrote:I listed my replacement as a scum read to see who would notice it and in what way they would react to it.

Ehh kinda. Bad excuse is BAD.
projectmatt wrote:Are you going to keep calling me un-intelligent because I figured you out?

Oh great Matt, I'm scum and I don't know what to do now that you without any reasoning pinned me as scum. You have to be the god of Mafia! :roll:

No.

You think I am making excuses for myself and that I actually thought the person I replaced into was scum even though I made no mention of him in my re-read? At all? Are you fucking serious?

Shut up. This is why I want you lynched. You can't respond to my retorts, and you make condescending egotistical responses that insult whoever tries to even lightly attack you. You actually CAN'T RESPOND to them, and you won't admit it so you make sarcastic posts that still declare you as the winner. Get owned.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:25 am

Post by projectmatt »

I get the point, I guess. I'll have to look over their interactions before I make a comment on that statement.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:44 am

Post by projectmatt »

Johhog wrote:Ah, Vifam and Matt is probably VI's. Beware though - if one of them flips scum the other one is probably scum too. They're both vig targets.

Oh my gosh, I hate you so much right now.

I am done arguing with you. Quicklynch him. Just go.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:45 am

Post by projectmatt »

I had a town read on Bomber because of how angrily he replaced out for getting suspected and not getting listened to. It felt like he was legitimately angry as town. Not as scum.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:46 am

Post by projectmatt »

Johhog wrote:Ah, feel free to vote me but don't quicklynch me - let me claim first (if not Matt and Vifam is even dumber than I thought).

I hate you too Matt, I'm not liking your attitude.

redFF: LOL

You are an idiot.

No, I am serious. I don't really care what alignment you flip right now. If you are scum, awesome. If you flip town, then I will feel legitimately bad for you.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:50 am

Post by projectmatt »

"Stop being an asshole and play this game called Mafia."

Oh great Matt, I'm scum and I don't know what to do now that you without any reasoning pinned me as scum. You have to be the god of Mafia! :roll:

Ah, Vifam and Matt is probably VI's. Beware though - if one of them flips scum the other one is probably scum too. They're both vig targets.

(if not Matt and Vifam is even dumber than I thought).

Learn to read my friend.

nyone who wants me to respond to Matt's whole piece of crap

Your a VI though and not scum, this is a typical failcase from town.

Oh, almost forgot, you're having a scumread on the guy you replaced. Normally scummy, but tbh I think it further proves that you're a VI.

THESE ARE FROM THE LAST TWO PAGES. I dare you to tell me to stop being rude again, John. I dare you.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:53 am

Post by projectmatt »

I don't know if you aware, but the quotes from the last two pages are from you, John. Not me, you.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:58 am

Post by projectmatt »

What exactly am I bullshitting about, John? I honestly don't know what you want me to say. I called you out for being hypocritical by telling me to stop being rude. What was being discussed?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Johhog wrote:
projectmatt wrote:What exactly am I bullshitting about, John? I honestly don't know what you want me to say. I called you out for being hypocritical by telling me to stop being rude. What was being discussed?

Meh, you're still not making a real case and you're just policy lynching. Also, you started with being rude to ME and you can bet that I'm not the guy who is ignoring insults.

No. I gave you my case and my responses. You responded by calling me an idiot. You've been insulting me since I replaced, and I am attempting to ignore it but you kept doing it, and in case you haven't noticed, I have a weak spot when it comes to being insulted which pissed the hell out of me. I think you are scum.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (isolation #25) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Johhog wrote:
projectmatt wrote:
Johhog wrote:
projectmatt wrote:What exactly am I bullshitting about, John? I honestly don't know what you want me to say. I called you out for being hypocritical by telling me to stop being rude. What was being discussed?

Meh, you're still not making a real case and you're just policy lynching. Also, you started with being rude to ME and you can bet that I'm not the guy who is ignoring insults.

No. I gave you my case and my responses. You responded by calling me an idiot. You've been insulting me since I replaced, and I am attempting to ignore it but you kept doing it, and in case you haven't noticed, I have a weak spot when it comes to being insulted which pissed the hell out of me. I think you are scum.

Nah, you still haven't produced a case. I responded to that weak insult of virtual crap, but you didn't listen and just used the same arguments all over again.
Hoppster wrote:
Johhog wrote:Everyone, note how the guy who went all "ZOMG policy votes is scummy" now is wanting to policy lynch me.

I thought you had a failtown-read on projectmatt.

Yeah? That's failtown if anything.

I RETORTED YOUR RESPONSE. I RETORTED IT SO MANY TIMES. YOU RESPONDED WITH AN INSULT. IF THERE IS ONE PLAYER NOT LISTENING TO LOGIC, IT IS YOU.

I am not trying to stop you from playing the game. I am trying to stop you from being rude. I am trying to stop you from not using logic.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (isolation #26) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by projectmatt »

I'm officially done. I tried to retort Johh's logic, I tried to respond to him in a logical way, but he won't shut up about me. He apparently can't respond with numerous insults, and he won't even retort my retort. He is just claiming I'm ignoring his logic when I responded to all of his logic. All of it. The dude is scum.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (isolation #27) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Johhog wrote:I've already said that I will answer when you make a case. Until then - no.

You might think my case isn't really a case and that's it's invalid. That's fine. Because I responded to the things you thought were fallacies. You also missed the chunk of my case about Secret Project. Let's have a starting point, alright? Respond to my retorts. They are a few pages back. I'm trying to be calm here, so can you care not to keep calling me an idiot because I suspect you? It's very annoying especially when you won't respond to what I'm attempting to convey.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (isolation #28) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Your case on Vifam: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p3305808

It's fine to go "ok, I will log off for fifteen minutes to prove it. Watch me." You just sounded completely SET to prove a point. That's all.

I don't think it was trolling, I just thought you were scum trying to stir up hell.

A policy vote leads to a policy lynch. A policy lynch requires policy votes. I see them as almost the same and about equally scummy. Get it?

All of the "town" things you do have scum motivation to them. That's what I'm pointing out. Do you understand it?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (isolation #29) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:33 am

Post by projectmatt »

Johhog wrote:
projectmatt wrote:Your case on Vifam: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p3305808

It's fine to go "ok, I will log off for fifteen minutes to prove it. Watch me." You just sounded completely SET to prove a point. That's all.

I don't think it was trolling, I just thought you were scum trying to stir up hell.

A policy vote leads to a policy lynch. A policy lynch requires policy votes. I see them as almost the same and about equally scummy. Get it?

All of the "town" things you do have scum motivation to them. That's what I'm pointing out. Do you understand it?

Ah, I'll have to admit that you're right. I completely forgot that case. And yeah, of course I wanted to prove it? I don't see what you're on about here.
And trolling wtf? Reaction testing is NOT trolling. Everything I've done in this game have a reason. I get what you mean with policy votes but sorry to say it, you're wrong. A vote is not a lynch. And I can agree that they're anti-town, but they're never scummy. Policy is policy, meaning I would do the same as scum or town. No things I've done has a scum motivation. I suppose I could be extremely intelligent scum playing a whole new scumgame which no one have tested before, but nah. :roll:

C'mon now Matt, you can do better than this.

What I'm trying to say is that your general reactions for trying to prove that you in fact were not looking at the thread appeared to be over reactions. I can find where you did it and get some quotes if you so desire, I suppose.

I just said you weren't trolling. Also, policy is policy and I don't know whether or not to believe you do it as town or scum. I'm saying that it should be something that scum do because it's scum-motivated and anti-town. Understand?

Everything any player does has scum motivation or town motivation. It's your job to decide which one it is.

@Mastin, can you explain to me what you were looking for specifically in those questions a while back?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (isolation #30) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:16 am

Post by projectmatt »

John. Do my explanations make sense to you now?

Red, WHAT? If you can't even tell us why, why did you bother posting that? Why can't you tell us? Come on. Work with me here.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (isolation #31) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by projectmatt »

>post only to defend yourself

If you want me to believe you are town in any, way, shape or form then you aren't doing a very good job.

25A: Do you play more for fun, or more for the thrill of victory?

Fun. I like winning, but when I lose it's interesting to see how I messed it up and to use it in later games to win easier.

25B: Your stance aside, do you think others should play with a similar outlook? Explain why or why not.

No. It can be played competitively or for fun. I'm a mix of both. Nobody "has" to share my view.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by projectmatt »

I've been here. I'm not sure what to say. I want this day to end. I want John to claim, Oversoul joining this wagon honestly makes me feel a little more uneasy, but it's whatever.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (isolation #33) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:53 am

Post by projectmatt »

John, I'm pretty sure your lynch was just hammered on. If you flip town I don't have much to say, because yes, you claimed way before you should have and softclaiming so randomly just kind of made you beg to be put at L-1. At this point though, I have a terrible feeling you may but a bad town, but voting Vifam when he's towntold so exclusively today to you? Voting Vifam when you 'reaction tested' him for half of the thread and called him completely town? God.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:01 am

Post by projectmatt »

I'm sorry for logically deducing why you are scum and getting frusrated when your retorts are simply insults. I'm terrible at this game - I agree. If you were a good town like you claim to me you wouldn't be voting your top town read (and someone who I think has towntold quite a lot) that you wasted half of your posts on because of "gut".
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:11 am

Post by projectmatt »

He was your top town read. You reaction tested him for ages. Making your top town read the d1 lynch based off of "gut" is stupid as hell.

You didn't retort anything. And anything you did retort I retored back which you responded to with "lol matt is such an idiot :shifty:"

I did share my reasoning. You just think it isn't there. Read the game or fuck off. Good job trying to kill two of your town reads because you're angry at being lynched, you champ.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:17 am

Post by projectmatt »

You address me as town. You address Vifam as town. If I look a few pages back I'll find a post that says "projectmatt and vifam are probably both VI's". IE: You read us as town. Vifam is a stronger town read for you because of the way you tested him, and you're voting him. You are voting to lynch who was your top town read for no reason at all. On day one.

Reading comprehension is a valuable skill.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:23 am

Post by projectmatt »

I wish I didn't know how to, John. I wish. :roll:
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (isolation #38) » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:49 am

Post by projectmatt »

Question: Who did Lew replace in as?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1266 (isolation #39) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:38 am

Post by projectmatt »

So, Lewaracher is today's lynch. I have a few questions for Oversoul though.

@Oversoul:
Why did you choose to investigate Lewaracher over any of the active players? Now, let's assume that Lewac was simply non-existent. Who, of all of these users would you investigate next?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (isolation #40) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:54 am

Post by projectmatt »

Alright, David and Oversoul are town. I don't think Oversoul is bussing, and if David didn't towntell before he towntold now. redFF is very easily a scum, so is Ironhead or Secret Project. We'll see.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (isolation #41) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by projectmatt »

So, Otalio is scum. I'm putting him at L-1 since Oversoul more then likely got the response since the mod posted.

Vote: Otolia

L-1.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (isolation #42) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:19 am

Post by projectmatt »

I need motivation to post here. I'm not gonna replace out, I've just been lazy.

I think Oversoul is town. Not just because he lynched the mafia but just because of his explanations as to why he investigated so and so.

Right now, my list of probable scum is pretty big. Right now, I want an Xeras lynch and I don't want Mastin yet simply because I like holding people to their promises, and we'll see what analysis he gives.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (isolation #43) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:35 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 1398, redFF wrote:PROJECTMATT MASTIN SCUMTEAM CALLED IT

..Because I see no reason to lynch Mastin when he hasn't done anything specifically scummy?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (isolation #44) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:09 am

Post by projectmatt »

I think that Ironhead's latest posts sound very forced in tone, specifically this quote. I'm not dedicated to a vote on him quite yet, though.

Before I clicked "submit" on that last post, it occurred to me that it may be interpreted it as a scummy approach to faux scumhunting. I submitted it anyway, because at this point any activity is pro-town and any inactivity is inherently anti-town.

Mastin bothers me, if he doesn't give the analysis he promises I want him lynched, but I honestly like to hold people on their promises, so I'm waiting for some kind of content.

Empking and Oversoul are town. Not because they lynched mafia but because Oversoul's explanation of why he did made me lean so.

David also towntold earlier as well.

Xeras is probably scum just because of gut. I need to read more of this thread because I'm disconnected.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:04 am

Post by projectmatt »

Vote: fatlikepig

Town vibes from Iron's latest post. This is good.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (isolation #46) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Sorry, was taking care of a kid all day today. I should have free time tomorrow to post my reads and explain the thoughts I don't really have.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (isolation #47) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:51 am

Post by projectmatt »

Mastin
1: "How. HOW DOES HE DO IT?!? When he has not a single scrap of credible evidence, when he has no conclusive logical proof, how does he manage to somehow figure it out?!?"

2: "HOW CAN HE READ THROUGH MY DISGUISE?!? I've spent endless hours perfecting my mask, putting up the most logical viewpoint I could muster, yet he manages to see through me and my true intentions. HOW?!?"

3: "How is it that one of our planned mislynches just managed to nail us?"

.I think your ego might be kinda clouding the way you are playing. With that being said, I have trouble seeing "this" specific quote coming from a player who is sided with the mafia, since it seems to be a non-faked attempt to boost your own ego because you believe you have caught the mafia. I honestly don't understand the case on Iron, in fact, I believe he towntold at least a little bit before, but I'm willing to listen. I can address your "case" on me, however..

Your reads are further solidified by me being scum. If I am town the foundation for them seems to crumble, and that's the problem. In post #1480 your reads are strengthened by the way I address people, which is intensely bothersome.

and to address post #1481,

Mastin
He addresses Johhog as if he knows he will flip town, despite having Johhog as a strong scumread. "Stop being a jerk." doesn't translate to "I think you're scum." You NEVER think a scum player is a jerk, you think they're scum pushing an agenda. "Stop being a jerk" translates to you think they're TOWN, who you think is being, well, a jerk. There's also his part about singling out a single one of my reads. Why just Johhog? Why not any of my other reads? Why specifically page thirteen, when I had a Johhog townread from pretty much Johhog's first post?

Yeah. My vote's still on Matt, right?

I had believed that Johnhog was being a "jerk" no matter what alignment he was, although I will admit I just started to get angry about how much of a douche he was acting and it made my posts seem more bitter. Jerk doesn't equate to scum or town, it equates to a jerk.

And what other read would you rather I address? I had barely gotten anything from y9u all game and I wanted you to explain the town read, especially when I had gotten conflicting tells.

And for post #1483...

And stuff like this reinforces the point--he didn't want Johhog dead because he thought Johhog was scum (it was painfully obvious he was town, and I regret not being around to push my opinion on this harder to stop his obvious mislynch), he wanted Johhog dead on policy.

Kinda like he didn't like Bomberman, who he mysteriously read as town, despite the fact that the two situations were similar.

He lead a lynch on Johhog, on policy. Because he knew Johhog would flip town.

There's a reason I'm going to be building a case on him once I've caught up. There's a reason he's been my vote.

I explained in-depth why I believed John was scum, if you're reading the thread you would see my case on him. That post is simply a blatant lie. I didn't want Bomberman because I thought his rage in replacing out was town, it wasn't "mysterious" and it worries me deeply that you feel the need to exaggerate what happened in order to better fit your mindset. I am having trouble telling if it's because you're scum or because you really want to be right.

Real reads coming soon. I've been having some busy days lately but I swear I'll get the time to 100% contribute.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1533 (isolation #48) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by projectmatt »

One: Mastin, explain the purpose of the questions that you made early in the game. You claimed they would be the basis for your scumhunting and you haven't brought them up since.

Two: Funnily enough you're actually wrong on the point of me not liking to bus. If you want to meta my scum play read C9++, I bussed my scum partner hard on d1 in order to try to get a win for the rest of the game.

Three: Of course I am going to defend myself if you lean town.

Four: I'm voting Pig over Iron because Pig is scummier and I got town vibes from Iron's posts earlier, none from Pig. That's all.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1535 (isolation #49) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by projectmatt »

No, I think that Ironhead is more town then Pig, that's why I'm voting Pig. You were again, basing your reads based off of what you thought I would and wouldn't do, so I tried to prove you wrong with previous games. I am going hold you to the promise of that analysis.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (isolation #50) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Huh, that's four scum down. How many do we even have left now?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (isolation #51) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Oversoul, you need to out your investigation.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (isolation #52) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 1570, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1569, Oversoul wrote:Whoever killed Pine is like confirmed town
Hence, why they shouldn't claim, though I have a decent idea for who they are.

Anyway. VOTE: Project Matt. Pretty sure this'll end the game in a town win.

Hm.

I foresee that I will be lynched today, and I will admit that it's fair. My play yesterday was close to something good and then it fell down a cliff. I had Ironhead pinned down and then I second guessed myself and tried to push on someone who is likely to be town. I do that quite a lot. However, I'm still going to make an effort to look for the scum, especially today given that I probably don't have a lot of time left. I believe that Mastin, David, Empking, Pig and Oversoul are town. Those are my strongest reads. Now, that leaves:

Xeras
Nobody Special (replaced Vifam, and Vifam was a previous town lean.)
Thor665 (Probable.)
TOGTFO (town lean as well, though this read is a little shaky.)
evilpacman18 (Not sure.)
redFF (Leaning town as well.)

So if all of my town leans are correct, that would leave:

Xeras
Thor
Evil

if they aren't correct, it leaves six different names. How many scum would there be in a game with this many amount of players? 5? 6? I can't imagine any more then six, and we already have four down. I feel that even with my lynch, the town still has this victory, though while writing this post I realize that I probably shouldn't give up just because I screwed up yesterday.

Oversoul, please repeat all of your investigations again, specifically today's.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”