NY Mafia 155 - New Age Mafia II - Game Over!

Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by Simenon »

Vote AGar

Let's have a wagon.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:00 am

Post by Simenon »

In post 7, nhammen wrote:Simenon same question, especially since you stated that you want to have a wagon.

Because I want a wagon on AGar.

HI FLAMEAXE <3
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by Simenon »

So I've been trying to understand this:
nhammen wrote:Flameaxe why didn't you put a second vote on a wagon?

But I still don't and I think it's weird. Why didn't you ask Quilford the same thing when he voted Tierce instead of JDodge? Flameaxe's vote was only the third in the game.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #104 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:41 am

Post by Simenon »

Is umoms an alt or a player from another site? She's definitely not discovering mafia for the first time.
Don't read her as scum; don't get how she reacted badly to the quicklynch threat.
nhammen wrote:Only one player had actually created a wagon yet, and creating a wagon is one of the best ways to generate discussion. Now I know that I was only the 6th vote in the game, so this was quite reasonable, especially in a game this size. But I decided to ask questions anyways, because questions help too. Obviously the first vote has no way of creating a wagon, and so I can't ask her. And I think that I've usually seen the second vote tend to be on a different player from the first (note I don't have stats to back this up, and it may just be my memory), so any response would probably be of the form "it was only the second vote". So it wouldn't give much information to ask him. Thus I only asked people after the second vote.

In what universe is the third vote always, or usually, a wagon vote? Flameaxe's vote was obviously a random vote. Have you literally never seen random voting?
It looks like a bullshit way of trying to subtly casting aspersion and I still don't like it.
Unvote
Vote nhammen
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #158 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Post by Simenon »

In post 139, nhammen wrote:
I didn't say that third vote is always or usually a wagon vote. But there is a better expectation for it to be one than for a second vote. I have seen random voting before, and you can check my wiki if you want to see previous games. But, I believe that random voting and asking questions was strictly better than just random voting alone, so I asked the questions that were available for me to ask. In any case, there was no casting of aspersion, subtly or not.

Okay, I don't think I'm ever going to get this, but if you think it was some great play I guess I'm cool with it.
It does sound more like an attempt to seem town than an genuine question, though.
And I agree with others that your jump on the umoms wagon looked ridiculous.

Also,
In post 146, Bella wrote:

I tend to fall on the side of people thinking Tierce is just trying really hard to impress the glorious playerlist with her superwaesome play than being scummy. She just loves us and wants us to like her. <3

Is this normal? Because it sounds really bad.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #159 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Post by Simenon »

In post 157, Staeg wrote:
In post 152, Untrod Tripod wrote:I think umoms is town. His reaction to the wagon reads as town more than scum to me because I don't think newbscum would thumb their nose at pressure the way he did. I think we'll find scum as one of the dueling banjwagons that followed the breakdown of the umoms wagon, considering that we can find people trying to break up them both. Of the two, I find nhammen to be a likelier scum than Tierce.

unvote, vote nhammen

umoms is not a newbie

and not a male?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #163 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Post by Simenon »

Why did you drop Bella again, shea?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #195 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:38 am

Post by Simenon »

I could buy a UT wagon. Love his response to JDodge: "I'm not posting because I can't decide how I feel about this one thing."
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #207 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Post by Simenon »

I want to lynch Bella.
Post 1 is a random vote.
Post 2 is either a joke (more on that to follow) or it's an attack on thestatusquo:
In post 34, Bella wrote:
In post 32, Thestatusquo wrote:Glotk, tell me who the scums are.

Obvious sheeping scum.

But it's a ridiculous attack because it's obvious that TSQ is purposefully being obvious, and there's no scum reason for him to do that. And as shea pointed out, Bella doesn't explain why TSQ's sheeping makes him scum. She just throws out a mafiawiki-ready scumtell and expects to slip by with that.

Post 3 is even worse:
In post 146, Bella wrote:
In post 36, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 34, Bella wrote:
In post 32, Thestatusquo wrote:Glotk, tell me who the scums are.

Obvious sheeping scum.

I find your jump to conclusions here to be troubling. Like, I get the argument that I am sheeping, that much is plainly obvious (although one could easily claim that I was just trying to make glork take stances on different players in the game. I wont claim that though, I was blatantly sheeping)

But to say its scum motivated is bizarre. Are scum more likely to sheep onto strong scum hunters? I don't necessarily think so. So it seems like a very vague attack without much basis. What was the purpose of it?

Vote: Bella

To call you obvious sheeping scum? :p

I tend to fall on the side of people thinking Tierce is just trying really hard to impress the glorious playerlist with her superwaesome play than being scummy. She just loves us and wants us to like her. <3

TSQ asks her to explain her reasoning, and Bella deflects completely.
Unless the whole thing is a joke (it's hard to tell because of the smiley and the idiocy of it all), in which case the entirety of Bella's posting has contained absolutely no content.

And she then defends Tierce by
a. Trying to flatter everybody on the player list
b. Trying to look cute by posting a "<3" smiley.

And that's the entire posting history of Bella. For a grand total of 3 posts.
Unvote
Vote Bella

I'd lynch the following in this order:
1. Bella
2. UT
3. nhammen

We're not lynching Tierce.

I'm fine with a mass claim. Don't get Quag's vague argument against it at all.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #208 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Simenon »

In post 206, Quagmire wrote:I'm in on a Simenon wagon too. He's got the "posting just enough substance, but not really anything good" disease.

No I'm actually catching scum sorry.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #240 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:26 am

Post by Simenon »

In post 234, Rhinox wrote:Neighbor with an additional ability (my neighbor doesnt know about my extra ability by the way). I really don't think I should claim it though.

Popcorn umoms

Why are you saying that you have it, now? Isn't that just begging us to demand it from you?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #241 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:26 am

Post by Simenon »

In post 235, Quilford wrote:UNVOTE: Rhinox
VOTE: UT

That's stupid.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #248 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Post by Simenon »

In post 247, nhammen wrote:
I agree with AGar that its bad. Except, why would scum say this either? Seems more playstyle than scummy.

huh
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #253 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:36 am

Post by Simenon »

computer broken. limited access except from short posts on iPhone and in darkrooms until it's fixed.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #280 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by Simenon »

In post 268, umoms wrote:I've been distracted all weekend, but I'll catch up shorty.

This was an inconvenient time to pull that bullshit.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #382 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Post by Simenon »

Can't read the thread tonight, but will do tomorrow.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #425 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Post by Simenon »

I really wish I had time to do a longer post, but I don't, so a few notes is what you get until tomorrow night when I think about it and can build something.
I'm vanilla.
In post 384, OhGodMyLife wrote:
Bella is an
Innocent Child

okay.
Unvote
Vote singer

I think we need a good wagon and I think she's been scummy enough to merit it. Also, she is a replacement for UT, who was super scummy.

Iam's post on nhammen is potentially great. How big is this sample size?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #460 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:41 pm

Post by Simenon »

In post 438, iamausername wrote:So, the sample size is kinda four, kinda every post nhammen has ever made.

So it's four.

I think nhammen has been scummy this game, and I definitely agree with Rhinox that his reaction to this has been tragically desperate, but unless I can get a list of the games nhammen has been in and for which this pattern holds true, this case is dumb.

Singer: I hate your posts because the first few are like this:
singer wrote:Read most of the thread. My eyes tend to gloss over paragraphs' worth of stuff, but, meh.

The last couple of pages were actually entertaining.

Anyway, tally ho.

which has no critical content, and then they're like this:
Not while a mass claim is going on please and thank you.

which actively discourages content, and then they're like this:
How is it a joke... I legitimately don't get why he'd post something like that.

In any case, massclaim shitfest over and all, rereading the thread cuz I forgot everything I read already. Except that I said the last two pages before I replaced in were funny...I wonder if I'll still find them funny...

Last couple of pages thus far...
JD seems a little try-hardy but I've never played with him before so.
Primate's town.
Glork...do you feel that "short-sighted"=scum? Or are you basically calling everyone who thinks you're scummy for a bad idea dumb? For the record, I wouldn't consider that a gambit if you had legitimate reasons for doing so, and you actually got half (more than half?) the players on board. What do you think of Tierce emulating your scum-play if you consider it "too reserved"?

In any case, as dumb as it was, this leaves any unclaimed/lying watchers/trackers/docs freedom to choose targets and force scum to gambit with night kills.

which has the bare minimum of content, in which you give a town read and a kind-of-scum read, and then they're like this:
I saw no claims other than bv's since this post. If I missed it, welp, then I was wrong. With at least a page and a half-two pages of Tierce/AGar/Quag/Quil discussion going on in between. Again, I stand by it being poor timing and awkwardly optimistic.

Preview Edit:
The fuck...
unvote
vote: nhammen

bv's next.

which is a completely uncritical acceptance of iam's case on nhammen.
PBP is unnecessary here, because all of your posts are along those themes.
And I think it's weird that Tierce didn't comment on your vote too, because that was the definition of opportunism.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #482 (isolation #18) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by Simenon »

computer in the shop + sick. This is to prevent a prod. iPhone post tomorrow
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #524 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Post by Simenon »

Posting from a library computer.
And wow, less has happened than I expected would.

singer wrote:Not really sure what the point of your post was except to say that you disagree with the way I play.

I've never read a game with you in it, but I think I've heard that you're a strong player, and this doesn't cut it. I doubt this is a matter of playstyle, unless refusal to produce content is now a style.

In any case, why do you automatically assume it's an uncritical acceptance of iam's case as opposed to a critical unacceptance of nhammen's reaction? That's pretty clearly neither my thought process nor my reason for voting nhammen.

...because that's what anybody would assume, given the total lack of explanation that you provided?

In any case, it's perfectly reasonable to think the MC should play out without interruptions/distractions.

um, no, you shouldn't shut people up just because there's a massclaim. Especially not a massclaim on day 1, when the town needs information.
Let's lynch singer. She's got enough of a wagon on her. I think the case on nhammen is looking spurious.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #525 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:29 pm

Post by Simenon »

Oh yeah, why the fuck did JD vote Bella?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #595 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:30 am

Post by Simenon »

have zero time to get to this today. sorry guys.

but from ogml's post we're headed in the right direction
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #683 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:11 am

Post by Simenon »

Very happy with being a hammer on singer but I think we should wait at least until tomorrow for her internet to get fixed.
Tierce wagon looks very bad right now. Tomorrow I want a wagon on scooby, possibly quag.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #772 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Post by Simenon »

Um, no scooby, those posts are out of context. You did not perform an "iso." You literally took three things that I've said about people (taken from posts that had more content) and tried to make them seem like that's all I've said about people without any regard to the time when I said them or to any of the things that caused me to say them, and 1. that's really dumb 2. it's unconvincing 3. you're only doing it because I said I wanted to lynch you yesterday (similar rationale behind OMGUS vote on Tierce)

Also, if you've been active with your plan to "hunt motivations, subconscious tells, consistence, posting styles," I don't see it and I don't believe it.

By the way, loved how you were so eager to lynch Glork and now have decided to completely back off (without explanation) of that now that the scumlynches make him look town.

Also loved how you hammered nhamman, providing now explanation, after your only previous comment on him was "don't get the nhamman hate"

Vote Scooby
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #775 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by Simenon »

In post 773, Tierce wrote:
In post 772, Simenon wrote:Also loved how you hammered nhamman, providing now explanation, after your only previous comment on him was "don't get the nhamman hate"
Whoever did that, it wasn't scooby. He only mentioned nhammen once before hammer, and it was to say he would read him and singer both and reach a conclusion--which took like... 8 minutes or something?

ctrl+f
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #776 (isolation #25) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Post by Simenon »

In post 775, Simenon wrote:
In post 773, Tierce wrote:
In post 772, Simenon wrote:Also loved how you hammered nhamman, providing now explanation, after your only previous comment on him was "don't get the nhamman hate"
Whoever did that, it wasn't scooby. He only mentioned nhammen once before hammer, and it was to say he would read him and singer both and reach a conclusion--which took like... 8 minutes or something?

ctrl+f

Oh, I get it. Wrote "now" instead of "no" because I'm an idiot.
SEND THE VECTOIDS

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”