Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 77, Aegor wrote:VOTE: The Goodfather

I know for sure because my PM says he is scum.
Sweet. You're bussing your buddy?

VOTE: Aegor
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:38 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Will actually read posts sometime this weekend.

Meanwhile, don't mind me slipping my vote onto the largest wagon. :D

VOTE: Emogirl
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:06 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Page 17? Really? I'll catch up on Sunday.

Haven't read anything, but Albert and Garmr both get townreads for being awesome. Maenara gets one too because I still feel bad.

Emogirl can be scum for as long as I sit on her wagon. Will try to figure out why she's getting wagoned later.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 8, emogirl123 wrote:
@mod: Can I chat in my scum QT before Day starts?
:roll:
In post 10, kabooooom wrote:well..there arent many reasons you would do that! Let me see..

1. You are a scum, but a scum would never post anything like this so you pourposefully post this! (using reverse psychology?!)

2. You are trying to get something out of this which im not seeing!

either way, you earn my vote!
I like the thinking and discussion, but if it's number 2, she's doing it for reactions.
In post 18, Garmr wrote:
In post 14, emogirl123 wrote:you should, considering that you are scum, it is your objective to gain my approval. learn to play pls
Starting to think I shall keep my vote on emo girl.
Slight townread.
In post 19, emogirl123 wrote:What does my post you quoted have to do with my second post about mafia qt?
Why should it have anything to do with your post regarding the mafia qt?
In post 27, Garmr wrote:
In post 26, emogirl123 wrote:VOTE: emogirl123 here you go.
Better yet since your new do you know what a day-vig is. It's a townie that kills someone during the day phase.

daykill emogirl
In post 70, Slandaar wrote:I have an inkling that it's multiball.
We can worry about this later.

/End confirmation stage
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 85, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:No matter if he's town or scum, his lynch will benefit town. (I kno dis)
Because...?
In post 90, Acidic_TACO wrote:Well considering the fact that the only way in hell you could know who's a scum is if you are a scum then his reason makes alot more sense...
Oh Hey! You figured out what I was thinking. Slight townread for you.
In post 93, Aegor wrote:
In post 92, The Goodfather wrote:@aegor, I just got a pm saying something about townies and my favorite flavor of ice cream... If you're intent on going down in flames, try not to drag the nearest idiot with you(that would happen to be me...)
Take it to our QT. No one is going down in flames.
Is this going to be one of those games where the scum-team is going to be extremely cheeky, or the town wants to set themselves as lynchbait?
In post 94, Garmr wrote:What I saw was sarcasm and a bait where brian voted him for a reaction and Aegor omgused. Even through Aegor vote was suss. The way you reacted and voted Aegor was even more suss.
Well, this is an interesting conclusion.
In post 95, Chevre wrote:Vote: Brian Skies because what a silly username!
What if it's my real name, though?

Multiball Spec

Spoiler:
In post 96, Slandaar wrote:Sample scum PM says there are only 3 scum on a team.

This means compared to a mountainous 10/3 there is a gain of 3 mislynches to find one scum. Compared to a mini normal of 10/3 where you have 3 mislynches here we have 6 but no PR's. I just don't see that as likely the number of mislynches available seems too high for only 3 scum, this, combined with the fact the game will also take forever if it were only 1 scumteam means 13/3/3 seems very likely.

Tell me; how many scum did you assume there would be?
Why can't this just be a generic sample role PM designed for smaller set-ups? I'm currently moving forward with the idea of a possible 5-6 man scum-team. In actuality, I only care about finding the first scum. Associatives come after flips. While I do think multi-ball is a possibility, it's something that doesn't hold a lot of merit at this point in time and we can worry about it if it becomes apparent based on flips.
In post 171, Bulbazak wrote:I, for example, thought mountainous games were games where town outnumbered scum by a larger amount than the typical 1:3 ratio.
Oh, is it common for mountainous games to have more townies than usual?

In post 101, Slandaar wrote:The sample PM didn't remove type but did remove an XXX to hide how many scum there are? I see!

Maybe the sample PM wording is exactly the same as the real PM's after-all that is the point of them. Mafia Goon could be coloured to indicate the team.
Slandaar, you should know better than this. Are you faking a towntell?
In post 108, emogirl123 wrote:Should have been clear to you by this point that I was not going to fall for a day-vig? Seriously, who would fall for a day-vig these days, especially when most people signed up for this game for the purpose of signing up for a mountainous game.
Doesn't stop him from trying it.
In post 110, emogirl123 wrote:Role spec is not my speciality, so leave me out of it please.
Seeing as how it's mountainous, we won't be having this issue.
In post 129, Aegor wrote:Are you serious, Garmr? Your posts 27 and 55 bothered me (purely emotional reaction).
? What was wrong with those posts? It looks like he tried to gambit and EG wasn't bothered by it.
In post 132, Bulbazak wrote:Just wanted to make sure that my thoughts on a Garmr/Emo scum team were not unfounded.
So you think it was all a ruse?
Answered in Post 139.
In post 139, Bulbazak wrote:A lot of the pregame Emo exchange didn't feel natural, leading me to the conclusion that there was some scum theatre going on. I didn't think all 3 were scum, just Emo and one of her attackers. I just didn't know which one. Garmr's posts have not been at the level I expected to see from him as town. Not only that, but he is focused on the popular wagons, as seen with the Aegor wagon (And let's not even get started with calling a 1v1 but not committing to it.). I actually agree that Garmr's push on Aegor is opportunistic and he's misrepped him several times, but I wanted to make sure about the connection I saw before I voted, and I still didn't want to let go of Emerald, since I was still trying to figure out his alignment (leaning town, btw). Then Emo hard defended Garmr from Aegor, which solidified the connection I had made in pregame (the whole dayvig thing was fake). And guess what happened? If you guessed she chainsawed some more and voted me after I voted Garmr, you just won a new car.
That's some pretty deep analysis. Regarding the three of them, I find Kaboom the least likely to be involved if there's scum in there because he looks pretty dumbfounded by what's going on.

He didn't join the Aegor wagon though, he attacked Acidic Taco for voting Aegor.

*Seeing why EG was wagonned. Maestro is probably town.
In post 167, emogirl123 wrote:You misunderstand the point I was trying to make. I don't think Garmr was aware that this game was mountainous. This is likely to be because he is not scum. ISO him for proof.
You don't think something like that could be faked?
In post 175, Nobody Special wrote:(See how I subtly inserted myself into Maestro's townbloc? Smooth, huh?)
?
In post 186, Bulbazak wrote:No, I didn't say anything of the kind. What you just said was that you were ready to attack anybody who made an actual case on Garmr. Not just a case, but an actual case. Do you know what the connotation of that is? That means that you prepared yourself to vote for anybody who had a genuine reason to find Garmr to be scum and lynch him. A genuine reason. That means that you were preparing yourself to vote town with a case against Garmr, meaning that you knew Garmr's alignment. You say that you're not defending him? I call bull crap, because you admitted yourself that you prepared yourself to vote the first town with an actual case. This wasn't a spur of the moment decision.
It was a premeditated action to keep a wagon from forming on Garmr.
I like the underlined portion.
In post 193, Garmr wrote:emeraldemon-This one needs a little explaining. This is based on his attitude which doesn't come as scummy to me and the interactions people have had with him make me think his bait. He also seems inquisitive bad point is he caught up in that wifomy multiscum thing.
?

*Townread on Bulba.

/End 8
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 209, Slandaar wrote:VOTE: Goodfather
Why this vote?
In post 219, Maestro wrote:also just saw this - the progression from "lol is this scumtheatre?" THEN to "dual scumreads after a possible chainsaw" doesn't really make sense to me, but I might not be understanding correctly
I don't understand. Wouldn't them both being dual scumreads support his hypothesis of possible scum theatre?
In post 230, Maenara wrote:That thing I said, in the pre-game?

Yeah. That's still a thing. I mean, 67/229 posts? In a 19 player game? No thanks.

VOTE: emogirl123.

I'll take my chances with a 17-player game instead, thank you very much.
:neutral:
In post 245, OhGodMyLife wrote:Emogirl wagon is like flypaper for easy, lazy votes.
:D
Considering the jumps from NS, Albert, and me, you sir have earned yourself a small townread.
In post 245, OhGodMyLife wrote:More importantly the emogirl wagon is drawing votes away from garmr, which despite emo's insistence on townreading him (and saying that defending him is defending herself, which it isn't) is still the wagon we should actually be pursuing.
Because why?
1) EG could be town and she's being used as a counter-wagon to Garmr?
2)They're both scum and Garmr is probably an important scum-PR?

Well, it can't be the second one because of the set-up. And only the first one would make sense why you would want one over the other. So you think Garmr is scum and not EG?
In post 249, Nobody Special wrote:So, yeah, no townread. I'm just willing to be in his townbloc for now.
What townblock?
In post 254, Tebow wrote:OK: It's craplogic. 'Actual case' and 'Genuine town motivation' are not two things that a reasonable person acting in good faith would think are the same. Clearly, 'actual case' is to be contrasted with 'pressure vote' or 'random vote,' not 'fake case.' Your mindset reads like "Can I find a definition of 'actual case' that would make her sound scummy, then imply that's what she meant even though it clearly wasn't?" Because, seriously, what scum would actually say 'I want to attack town players?'
It looks like it was the premeditation that Bulba found scummy.
In post 254, Tebow wrote:Calling it 'scum theater' just sounds like a cheap excuse to sling some mud to me.
When did he sling mud onto you?
In post 256, Maenara wrote:
In post 245, OhGodMyLife wrote:Maenara, have you policy lynched (or tried to policy lynch) before as town? Can you link to a game where that has happened?
I like PLs.
Alright, you get a pass for your previous post. But you aren't looking too keen yourself.
In post 257, Garmr wrote:1.would a scum buddy bust so hard on another this early on in the way bulb did? I don't think so.
Why not? They will get a ton of towncred for it, and in a mountainous game, will make it easier for them to slide by.
In post 263, emogirl123 wrote:Town makes bad emotional posts when they are annoyed with another player.
Lawl. No. Scum make the same emotional posts. I got mislynched with one on my wagon.
In post 268, OhGodMyLife wrote:To restate, because Emogirl is an easy, lazy wagon attracting easy, lazy votes, the majority of which aren't even trying to state a case as to why she could be scum. And despite my disagreement with some of her positions I'm reading her as town.
Okay, so I was right.
In post 271, Sotty7 wrote:emo is so earnest and posting so much I just can't get a scum vibe.
So her effort is producing a townlean for you?
In post 294, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Why would anyone policy lynch Maenara...
Because they're either
A) Scum
B) Right about her being scum (which then leads into the question of whether or not it's a bus)
C) Making the same mistake I did when I mislynched her in lylo

Mae is still null for me.

/End 12
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Reading Up
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:56 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Alright. I lied. I fell asleep. I'll put this game at the top of the priority list.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:16 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 336, emogirl123 wrote:Before I get lynched, make sure Brian Skies at least attempts a reason.
Nope. No reason. Just plopped down my vote on the biggest wagon and ran off to invest my time/energy elsewhere.
In post 337, kabooooom wrote:
vote: emogirl
In post 338, kabooooom wrote:Btw its L-1 so no more votes please!
Puts her at L-1, asks for no more votes. What's your goal, to just stall out her wagon?
In post 341, Bulbazak wrote:You're one of those players who try to see the good in every player, believes innocent until proven guilty, and ends up doing very little as a result, aren't you?
That would be me.
In post 355, Aegor wrote:VOTE: kabooooooooooooom

That is one scummy vote.
Town.
In post 361, Maestro wrote:because of this site's reputation and status as the best of the best in terms of Mafia
This is kind of a biased interpretation. But I'll give this site it's superiority in day play. As for overall fun, speed, instant gratification, reliability of players to manage their responsibilities, not so much.
In post 365, Garmr wrote:bulb is probably scum because of This vital piece of evidence
Words cannot describe how pissed off I am right now.
In post 366, Maestro wrote:(I hovered my mouse over it and escaped!)
No, he's not your man. You didn't click the link. It sent me 2 viruses.
In post 408, Bulbazak wrote:Slandaar
This surprises me.
In post 414, kabooooom wrote:
In post 342, The Goodfather wrote:seriously kaboom... here is my impression of you:

"I'm voting emogirl.... for almost no reason other than everyone else is... and btw, no body else vote for her..."

seriously... wt fuck?
More or less you got that correct! The reason not to vote her is she is L-1. Means any more vote and she is out of the game. And the day overs! We wont have more clues on who the scums are! Mostly scums go for quick hammer! So those who voted her after me take back their votes!
You obviously have never played with Saki, Gaiden, Albert...etc.
In post 421, Slandaar wrote:Don't mind me I am just lurking.
This guy is pure evil.
In post 424, Tebow wrote:The sort of annoying, pretending to do antitown things kind of way emogirl started this game is, from what I remember, the standard way games get started over there.
And it's not over here?
In post 437, emogirl123 wrote:I just realized that my ISO is a nightmare to read because most of my posts are in context with posts I am responding to but not quoting. This makes my posts look like junk when viewing the ISO rather than the game as a whole. I'll try to fix this.
I kind of just want you to shut up every now and then and let the thread breathe.
In post 467, Slandaar wrote:Maestro really feels like scum to me. Chevre not so much.

Loot/Maestro seriously looks like a team when you realise how quick Maestro was to dismiss Loot as a VI but not EG.
Hmm. This post might be town.
In post 470, emeraldemon wrote:I don't really see why Chevre is the scummiest vote on this wagon. Given that people have said most scummy things about the votes from albert on, maybe it's something about joining the wagon late? It does seem like maybe the unvote from Chevre is scummy, but I'd love to know why no one thinks e.g. Brian Skies was scummy. Or NS for that matter.
Hops with justification vs hops with no justification. There's a fine distinction between the town/scum motivation behind each, but I'm not going to sit here and explain it for you.

/End Post 471
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 475, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 158, Maestro wrote:by the way this is the part where we summon votes from the Netherworld of the Townbloc and wagon emogirl fo realz

lessgo
In post 363, Maestro wrote:
In post 356, emogirl123 wrote:Ageor, can I convince you to vote Bulbazak? Your vote on kaboom isn't going to accomplish anything.
WRONG, FRIEND-O

TOWNBLOC HO
Brian, pay closer attention. Thanks.
Oh is that what all that was about? I missed the connection.
In post 476, Garmr wrote:I'm sorry Brian but the only read I got was Garmr early town read which you agreed with evidence is it possible to get a quick reads list.
No, I don't like to do those in larges because they are too hard to fill out. I'll be throwing down my reads/thoughts as they come.
In post 476, Garmr wrote:Was I right through.
As far as it just being a reaction RVS vote, then yes.
In post 482, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I haven't really followed the last 2 pages and am feeling distant from this game, I don't know why I can't get invested. Chevre's posts are scummy and I'm fine with his lynch. Hopefully we strike gold here and I'll get more motivated.
Let's just wagon people. It worked for us before.

*I'm not reading that Yessiree post right now.
In post 493, OhGodMyLife wrote:Chevre is scummy for jumping on emo while at the same time equivocating about not having a good read on emo but still insisting its a good vote
This reasoning should be sufficient for answering Emerald's earlier question.
In post 495, OhGodMyLife wrote:
In post 494, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 482, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I haven't really followed the last 2 pages and am feeling distant from this game, I don't know why I can't get invested. Chevre's posts are scummy and I'm fine with his lynch. Hopefully we strike gold here and I'll get more motivated.
This is not a good reason to put someone at L-1. In your own words, how are Chevre's posts scummy?
I'm finding it hard to put into words how much I dislike this post.
=(
In post 504, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Chevre is a good day 1 lynch. You can't just run up everybody to L-3 and then freak out when someone places that player in danger of a lynch, then choose to disintegrate that wagon and bandwagon the new player. This is mountainous, we're not going to get a game-changing claim. Instead of getting caught in a circular suspicion loop, I say we lynch Chevre.
Oh, you're already a step ahead of me.
In post 505, Bulbazak wrote:ABR has been a nonentity for most of the game. He is putting the Chevre wagon at L-1 with absolutely zero reasoning, other than "let's just lynch somebody", and it just feels like he is willing to sheep whoever as long as he doesn't have to add his own thought process or scumhunt whatsoever. It's an easy, lazy vote. If he really thinks Chevre is scummy, which he has given no indication, than I want to know why, especially if he is putting her this close to death.
Let him do his thing. We can judge his thought processes later (because it's those thought processes that we can analyze and read him off of).
In post 512, yessiree wrote:I already called out everything scummy about ABR, which part don't you understand?
Haven't read it, but if he's transparently scummy to you, I'll just move forward with a tentative townread on him.
In post 521, Sotty7 wrote:His catch up posts aren't really bringing anything to the table and he might as well just jump in the deep in rather than spend forever on out of date catch posts to make it look like he is doing some work. He seems to be asking a lot of empty questions rather than scum hunting.
Those posts are for me to look at later as well (especially for my re-reads). So they're still going to happen.

*At this point, I'm just skimming whatever walls pop-up.
In post 561, Garmr wrote:I want a Brian
I am clearly not invested in this game up to this point, so what is it you're trying to accomplish here? If it doesn't look like I'm looking at the thread, then I'm obviously not looking at it (as in when I lurk, I don't read any posts).

This is also my response to your feeble attempt at beetlejuicing me and trying to apply my meta to this game (which only ever gets me mislynched unless your name is Falcon).

You should also know better after VisCon/Jake's game/I'm on a Boat.
In post 574, Garmr wrote:Also If you don't see the point I'm building up to with all those posts then you need to learn flow and how to read in context better. I'm waiting for brian's response to see why i'm reading him as scum then here's the point. Also the fact his throwing town reads around which can easily take back and some of his posts are straight out discredits which make no sense to do as they will lead no where.
I leave my vote in place unless either: A) I no longer want to risk said person getting lynched or B) I'm caught up and I see something better. I don't move votes in the middle of my catch-ups unless I feel the need to. I was still approximately 8 pages behind on my catch-up when I stopped.

Unvoting also isn't much of a thing for me.

*Not reading that giant Chevre wall right now.

*I don't know why, but I have an easier time reading The Fonz's posts than Tebow's.

/End 24
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 650, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Because I want to lynch Slandaar first
Me too. And I'm still missing the
Make Slandaar Flip Scum Before He Replaces Out Achievement
In post 662, Sotty7 wrote:Is there any reason you posted a scum/town list without being prompted to?
Why can't he?
In post 713, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 712, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 408, Bulbazak wrote:Slandaar
This surprises me.
Why?
I just felt like you would have commented on something, but you never did. And now he's just sitting in your town pile.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Oh.

Vote: Slandaar
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 727, emeraldemon wrote:Where is the Slandaar vote coming from?
He likes to throw fake towntells in the thread.

There's also some prejudice involved.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (isolation #14) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:11 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 728, Garmr wrote:Okay I expected something witty and maybe more substance.
Sometimes brief and concise is more helpful. Anyways, my reads are littered about. And Slandaar is my only scumread atm.
In post 728, Garmr wrote:Your not invested in this game that's fine but instead of choosing to keep up to date with current event you go back from the begging and right a summary about each page. What made you think that was a good idea? You even put useless page filler there so no.
This is how I make my catch-up posts. I'm not going to change it just because you don't like it.

I actually used to throw my catch-up comments all in one huge post. So you guys should be grateful that I was considerate enough to break it up into separate posts.

In post 728, Garmr wrote:Also 3 hours isn't even a beetle juice please use the term correctly
3 hours? I didn't see that post for over 2 days. And that WAS intended as a beetlejuice. "I want to see a Brian" is clearly written and read as "I want that guy to get in here and post."
In post 728, Garmr wrote:and the meta thing lol no just no.
1.You misapplied meta in viscon not me i read you as town when I applied meta on you and I was right Also I nailed desp with his meta

2.I didn't even meta you in on the boat that was a miller thing and most people lynched you because you were claimed miller and you weren't the most helpful townie and even then you played better in that game than this one. There's differences between uninterested town you and uninterested scum.

3.Why even bring up jake's game for this point that was the first time I meet you and was new to the site? I don't think there was much meta in that game anyway.

So that makes no sense to even mention that meta thing. Also your language looks like a attempt to belittle my argument with out providing facts so no this not on.
What the hell is this shit? I was talking about you trying to draw connections between my alignment and my activity. If you're curious, Ffery's already misread me and mislynched me with that crap logic. Like literally, anything and everything that people have been calling me scum for (or about to call me scum for) in this game can be found in Ffery's case against me in that game.

If you'd like, you guys can just copy it over as a meta-case here.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:16 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 738, Sotty7 wrote:Because I heard though the grapevine Brian was supposed to be a good player.
People talk a lot, but I'm mediocre at best.

But, if this is really all it takes for you to discriminate between players, than you need to reevaluate your play. Because the last time I checked, you don't try to use better players first as compromise lynches.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 747, yessiree wrote:If Brain Skies is town then he's played horribly.
Well, I'm town. And I for one don't think my play has been stellar.

Anyhow, you can be town for this post, because that's
pretty
much what my play looks like here (and although I would say it looks scummy, I'm not scum for it).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:29 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 750, Zdenek wrote:No, I am not, but I do think that scummy hypocrisy exists.
Town are just as hypocritical. Trust me, I've tried to mislynch them with that shit.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (isolation #18) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:21 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 762, Garmr wrote:Ok sland is your only scum read you don't have your suspicions on anyone else? I mean we have a lot of content.
Yes, Sland is the only scum read of mine. He's the only one that jumps out at me and that's pretty much how my games go in general. And just because you guys have a lot of content doesn't mean I'm going to go out and sift through it (because a lot of it is just back and forth banter that I don't find alignment indicative) when I can just help push my scumread.
In post 762, Garmr wrote:If its the way you catch up meh and low you still have walls with no content and you haven't really pushed or pressured anyone it's like your posting walls and saying look at me i'm town. Describe to me what benefits do you get from posts like that Brian what are you achieving.
Well, I don't know what to tell you. This is how I go out and generate content. Sure it's not that far in depth, but when is it ever? I'm the guy who likes to hang out on the sidelines and judge people from there. When I see something I don't like, I either ask about it or confront them about it. Except I haven't really been able to do that there because I've been busy lately and this game has been thrown on the back-burner a few times. I make a push on something I don't like, I get jumped on. And who is the only one who actually asks me about it? Emeralddemon. NOBODY ELSE ASKS ABOUT MY VOTE!
In post 762, Garmr wrote:Lol you interrupted it that when I said I want a brian I wasn't referring to you coming here right now when I said I want a brian I meant I want a brian wagon
Hey, man. It's not my fault you're incapable of completing your phrases. Whether you meant you wanted a Brian wagon or not, that was NOT how you wrote it.
In post 762, Garmr wrote:Why the fuck are you bringing up fferys meta from another game when my point is about other things. These two meta reads are not even using the same points mine focuses on you being more suspicious of others intentions when your town,Posting more fluff than usually, discrediting stuff that isn't even worth the time for townie points which I haven't seen you do as town and the lack of scum reads until someone awesome brought it up and finally handing out town reads to things that are nullish.

While fferys case about you lacking emotion, being disengaged and not caring,deflecting questions (notice the words deflecting and not fluff filler),and defending your rvs vote hard core,usleess questions.

The only point that similar is the useless questions (fluff post)
Well, I DID say that it was stuff people were or were about to scumread me for (as in suspicions on my activity levels [which is a common theme across most of my games regardless of alignment] and the content I generate early on).

But lets get back to this meta thing.
In post 728, Garmr wrote:1.You misapplied meta in viscon not me i read you as town when I applied meta on you and I was right Also I nailed desp with his meta

2.I didn't even meta you in on the boat that was a miller thing and most people lynched you because you were claimed miller and you weren't the most helpful townie and even then you played better in that game than this one. There's differences between uninterested town you and uninterested scum.

3.Why even bring up jake's game for this point that was the first time I meet you and was new to the site? I don't think there was much meta in that game anyway.
1) No, I didn't misapply any meta on you that game. I didn't even want to lynch you off of meta. You and Skelda said yourselves that your goal that game was to stay low and ride it out with a late claim as masons. I don't know about you, but in a game where even the scum-team thinks it's multi-ball, that sounds like a pretty scummy ass strategy. If there was a second scum-team, it would have been you.

2) You never meta'ed me on I'm on a Boat, but I had an activity issue and Plum used that shit as an excuse as scum to jump onto my wagon. Also, I was right about my read on you.

3) In Jake's game, I had a very difficult time keeping up with the game. Matias, Mastin, and Albert were creating these TvTvT walls of hell and my activity suffered as a result. Also, I don't particularly find any of my posting that game to be different from here (aside from my occasional reads lists). Oh, I was right about my read on you there as well.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (isolation #19) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 728, Garmr wrote:There's differences between uninterested town you and uninterested scum.
Oh really? You haven't even seen my scum-game. SO DO TELL!
In post 762, Garmr wrote:Still think your scum
Then push my wagon harder and put me out of my misery.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:41 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 766, Slandaar wrote:Albert call the win condition police. :cool:
In post 764, Brian Skies wrote: Hey, man. It's not my fault you're incapable of completing your phrases. Whether you meant you wanted a Brian wagon or not, that was NOT how you wrote it.
(hes scum)

Town: OK I misunderstood; scum; what? hey thats your fault!!!

The resort-to-blaming shows a guilty conscience
How long do you plan on sitting there on the sidelines and calling me scum without actually voting me?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Because you're probably scum.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (isolation #22) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:50 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 768, Slandaar wrote:You jealous?
Only if I get lynched before you. :D
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:54 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

About as much as you and then some.

What makes you think I don't have reasoning? Can you conclude town from your iso considering you've been relatively active this game? You look about as useful as you've looked in any of the games you've been with me (you were scum in both of them by the way).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (isolation #24) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:14 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

-Not one but two faked towntells.
-Going after low-hanging fruit (lurkers; relatively new players in Goodfather/Kaboom)
-General fence-sitting and leaving votes on low-hanging fruit (like literally, I'm here right now and you've called me scum not once but thrice, put your vote where your mouth is)

Also, I'm tired of your bullshit in my games and watching your slot flip scum after you replace out (you were actually kind of townish in that werewolves games, dunno why you replaced out). Actually, why did you replace out?
In post 773, Slandaar wrote:My ISO being useless is greatly exaggerated.
Useless was your word, not mine.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (isolation #25) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:42 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 775, Slandaar wrote:Dunno what you mean; but its funny because if they are towntells why are they not towntells and instead fake?
Well, first of all, they aren't towntells. However, they look like they were made with the purpose of being towntells.

The first one you start a multiball discussion to look busy and generate content over something that really shouldn't even be discussed this early. You use the sample PM to feign ignorance over the matter and later go "oh hey, so that's how that works." Yeah, no.

The second one looks like a faked breadcrumb. It's a vanilla game so I don't understand your intent.
In post 775, Slandaar wrote:
They have the same chance as everyone else of rolling scum.

Being new doesn't mean they are not scum; perhaps you should look at the why and if the why isn't there; ask; not just look at targets and make baseless accusations. I assume you think they're town to even suggest this, why is that?
I agree with the bold part, except you just vote them and call them scum, but you don't really offer reasoning for them to defend themselves. Lurkers and newer players are low hanging fruit and I don't think you really had any intention of trying to sort them.
In post 775, Slandaar wrote:Have I?
You have clearly avoided the major wagons, even up to this point where you have stated me as a scum-read. If you were townreading Chevre/EG, fine. But you've clearly not been townreading me.
In post 775, Slandaar wrote:Well actually GF was replaced so I don't think your argument holds, nice try.
No, it still holds. So unless you think his replacement is still scummy, or scummier than me, what the fuck is your vote still doing there with only two days left on the deadline and that wagon clearly not going anywhere (I mean if you were pushing it, it would be a different story, but you aren't)?
In post 775, Slandaar wrote:And what has this to do with anything?
General prejudice.
In post 775, Slandaar wrote:I assume you are replacing out soon?
Should I be?

I plan on riding this slot to the glory it's been destined for or being buried six feet deep in the hole I've been digging for myself and myself alone. Only time will tell.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (isolation #26) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:12 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 777, Slandaar wrote:Feign ignorance about what?
Feign ignorance about whether or not the game is likely to be multi-ball. If a player seems ignorant of the matter, then he must be town. Or that was what you were going for.
In post 777, Slandaar wrote:Nope, I did not do that. Quotes.
In post 101, Slandaar wrote:
In post 98, Tebow wrote: The sample scum role PM also says 'You are a Mafia Goon' not 'You are a [TYPE] Mafia Goon.' It seems unlikely to me Huntress would deliberately reveal the exact size of the scumteam(s).
The sample PM didn't remove type but did remove an XXX to hide how many scum there are? I see!

Maybe the sample PM wording is exactly the same as the real PM's after-all that is the point of them. Mafia Goon could be coloured to indicate the team.
That looks like intentionally feigned ignorance.
In post 777, Slandaar wrote:You are scum committing the exact same crime that you accuse me of it appears.
I don't care. You look like scum to me and I'm going to push you for it.
In post 777, Slandaar wrote:I don't particularly care for them, what is the issue with that?
Like I said, it's fine and I wouldn't even push you for it, except you're continuing it even now, with me as a growing wagon and you scumreading me.
In post 777, Slandaar wrote:I read through you so easily.
Oh do you now?
In post 777, Slandaar wrote:
In post 776, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 775, Slandaar wrote:I assume you are replacing out soon?
Should I be?
Yes. You apparently think those who make posts like;
In post 765, Brian Skies wrote: Then push my wagon harder and put me out of my misery.
Should replace, so you will be replacing out?
When have I ever condoned replacing out (I have done it, but only in the best interest of the other players playing the game; I also try to avoid it if I can)? If you're referring to Jake's game, I wasn't even in the said discussion (I saw it and immediately lost interest in trying to catch up in the thread).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:57 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 822, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm right here Slandaar, going to watch you and your scum team burn.
And here I thought I was the only person with prejudice here.
In post 824, yessiree wrote:I was genuinely pissed at Brain Skies, yes I admit it was forced, faked, etc. That's because I had to force myself not to use too many "fuck" and "shit"
Pissed off about what?
In post 841, Garmr wrote:I find it funny how this emer wagon is building momentum between abr and slaandars crossfire.
I'm actually rather annoyed there's three wagons to begin with.
In post 846, Zdenek wrote:No, and especially not with the sweet sweet emeraldemon wagon growing.
Why do people want to lynch that guy?
In post 847, Albert B. Rampage wrote:but emeraldemon is
infinitely better than Brian
and still preferable to Slandaar.
Because...?
In post 850, Zdenek wrote:
Unvote

I was wrong.

Vote: Slandaar

This fight with ABR followed by them both voting the same person is a pretty wicked relational tell, so probably they are both flipping scum.
I just...hmmm...
In post 855, The Fonz wrote:1)Right, here's the thing, my views aren't fixed. When new evidence comes along, I re-evaluate things. The Emogirl and Chevre wagons, to me, seemed utterly opposed to one another - the Chevre wagon was largely put together of people who hated the emogirl wagon but weren't, until that point, able to coalesce on one wagon. Supporting both wagons when they seem based on opposite readings of the gamestate felt dissonant and therefore scummy. When someone jumps on a wagon, even one you like, at a point and with and explanation (or lack thereof) that seems like scum piling on a mislynch, you reconsider the wagon. I pressed Albert for a bit, got a response I felt was town, and this then made me comfortable rejoining the wagon.

2)On Brian Skies, his scumhunting is better than he's getting credit for. His case against Slandaar, when made clearly, is not just that Slandaar has been voting for easy targets, but that he's voting for all the easy targets. Normally, a town player will read some of the poor players as scum, more so than the good players, but will have one or two where they feel the case is overblown and the player is trying, but bad. If you suspect all the 'low hanging fruit' then it seems, as Brian said, that you're not trying to sort through the pile. Brian's 'ten page lurk' was Thursday-Monday which seems more likely to be a 'real life intervened' break than a deliberate lurk.

3)Slandaar is trying to make the 'I'm a townie who's not that into it' case, which is a scum thing to say more often than random, but not a slamdunk. I really, really don't like his reaction to coming under fire, which feels like 'strawman your accuser as much as possible.' Slandaar is a clearly better lynch than Brian.

4)How-fuckin-ever, Chevre's not done any scumhunting since the wagon on him died. His 623 feels very reactive (and his response to why he did something he admits he doesn't think is pro-town is poor) while #715 just feels like posting for the sake of posting. I'd like people to reconsider this wagon.

5)Emerald is... unhhhh. Tough to read. Not today's lynch, I don't think.
1. Maybe. I kind of skipped that portion of the game and haven't had time to read through it thoroughly.
2. Interesting that my scum-hunting is getting complimented right now because Garmr clearly disagrees (as do I to some degree). But hey, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. My scum-read on Slandaar wasn't actually that strong to begin with until he kept taking jabs from the sideline calling me obvscum (it was mostly me joining a deadline wagon on somebody that caught my interest). As for my lurk, I don't really understand whether you mean Monday through Thurs or Thurs through Monday. If it's Monday through Thurs, it can be explained by the start of a new semester for me which has bogged me down cross site. If it's the other way around, it's probably me being bogged down by my game load and abusing the deadline.
3. I'm a little bit uncomfortable about Slandaar. On one hand, he makes strong points in rebuttal (especially about me being a hypocrite). But he's clearly set on OMGUSing (well, not really, as it's a mutual scum-read of each other) me and cutting off discussion when it gets to certain points.
4. I do agree that Chevre hasn't really done much since that wagon disappeared. I remember him spewing a ton of information into the thread earlier, but I haven't actually gone through it.
5. Maybe, maybe not. Still don't know why he's getting wagoned.
In post 862, emeraldemon wrote:(2) Brian's argument seemed based pretty heavily around two fake towntells, neither of which looked like faking a towntell to me.
It was. I was more serious about the first one than the second one. The second one is just 'meh.' But there's more to it than that.
In post 881, Slandaar wrote:
In post 776, Brian Skies wrote:Lurkers and newer players are low hanging fruit
This is Brians definition.

Therefore his ONLY scumread from his POV;
#1 is low hanging fruit

#2 he holds a grudge against

Obviously he is scum. You can't make the argument he did with his reads.
I never attacked you for being low hanging fruit. I attacked you for attacking low hanging fruit. There
is
a difference. And there was more to it than that. :igmeou:
In post 887, Aegor wrote:Wow. Anyone who was still voting Brian after his exchange with Slandaar a few pages back is now in my potential scumpile.
Why? If you have a sudden townread on me, why?

*There comes a time in a man's life where he questions whether or not he just created a monster.
In post 891, Slandaar wrote:Maybe Brian is making up stuff because he wants to grudge vote me that badly
Yes, no, and not really in both part and in combination. If it was just a grudge vote, I would never have bothered.
In post 900, emeraldemon wrote:So let me ask you, who do you think are the possible lynch candidates for today?
In post 901, Huntress wrote:Slandaar (7) - Chevre, OhGodMyLife, Aegor, Brian Skies, Bulbazak, Zdenek, Matias
Brian Skies (4) - Garmr, Sotty7, emeraldemon, emogirl123
emeraldemon (4) - inHimshallibe, yessiree, Albert B. Rampage, Slandaar
Chevre (2) - Zekrom25, The Fonz
These ones.
In post 908, emeraldemon wrote:Hey Brian, I find your fake towntells unconvincing. Is Slandaar still scum?
Still scummy, but extremely unsure.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”