NY 177: Simple Complexity (GAME OVER: Scum Wins!)

RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by RoyalApe »

Greetings.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:05 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 35, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: reinoe

no gambits for you

VOTE: Vote: OkaPoka, you couldn't even wait 5 minutes before you felt the urge to lynch somebody. EVIL.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:29 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 40, Elyse wrote:VOTE: RoyalApe
Why did you choose OkaPoka over Aeronaut or farside?

Do you think Aeronaut and farside want to lynch the person they're voting for?

If not, then what about OkaPoka's vote makes you think he actually wants to lynch reinoe?

It was the first vote of the day. If I'm poking somebody for being anxious, why would I vote for people that were after Oka?

Are you defending Oka? Do I need to be poking you instead? Hmmm?
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:11 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 73, Elyse wrote:
In post 44, RoyalApe wrote:
In post 40, Elyse wrote:VOTE: RoyalApe
Why did you choose OkaPoka over Aeronaut or farside?

Do you think Aeronaut and farside want to lynch the person they're voting for?

If not, then what about OkaPoka's vote makes you think he actually wants to lynch reinoe?

It was the first vote of the day. If I'm poking somebody for being anxious, why would I vote for people that were after Oka?

Are you defending Oka? Do I need to be poking you instead? Hmmm?

I thought you were voting Oka for being quick to want to lynch someone? Why do you think he's anxious?

With absolutely nothing else to go on, seemed like as good of a reason as anybody else has used so far. VOTE: Elyse for tunneling onto a RVS vote.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:43 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 85, OkaPoka wrote:for omgusing.

I don't think OMGUS thinks what you think it means. If it was OMGUS, I would think I would have done it after the first time my RVS was scoffed at.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:45 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 97, Elyse wrote:
In post 80, RoyalApe wrote:
In post 73, Elyse wrote:
I thought you were voting Oka for being quick to want to lynch someone? Why do you think he's anxious?

With absolutely nothing else to go on, seemed like as good of a reason as anybody else has used so far. VOTE: Elyse for tunneling onto a RVS vote.

You didn't answer my question. Why did you vote for OkaPoka? Because he wanted to lynch someone early or because he was anxious?

If it is the former, why do you think he intended to actually lynch reinoe? If it's the latter, why do you think he's anxious?

I did answer your question. I was dropping my introductory RVS vote. I decided to use it on the first voter of the day.

You haven't answered my question. Are you defending Oka?
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:09 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 108, Elyse wrote:
How do you expect us to get out of RVS if we just keeping tooling around?

Something I agree with!
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 198, Elyse wrote:Ugh the Q+ button isn't working on my phone.

@Alina
At first I was just using RoyalApe's vote to get us out of RVS (his random reason didn't make much sense), but I didn't like his subsequent reactions and
avoidance of my questions
. It's a serious vote for now but not a strong scumread in the slightest because he is new. I'll have to see how he plays and reacts more to determine if his scummy behavior is part of his play style or not.

@texcat
Yes, I only found RoyalApe's vote worth questioning. Do you see any other votes that need questioning? If so, why haven't you questioned them yourself?

@farside
Please tell me what I am missing in the thread by focusing on RoyalApe.

The bolded is flat incorrect. I felt I answered your question sufficiently the first time () and the second time you asked () and the third time you asked ().

It was you that avoided answering my question from post 44 in your reply on post . I didn't follow up on my 2nd answer, but I did in my 3rd. You finally answered in post
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:46 pm

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 199, shaddowez wrote:
In post 80, RoyalApe wrote:With absolutely nothing else to go on, seemed like as good of a reason as anybody else has used so far. VOTE: Elyse for tunneling onto a RVS vote.

Considering she only posted once asking about this (at the time, I realize there have been more since), why are you claiming she's tunneling?

It was the second time she asked.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:12 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 203, Elyse wrote:You didn't answer my question at all actually. Here I'll give you another chance:

Did you vote OkaPoka for wanting to lynch someone too early or for being anxious?

Just because I didn't answer my question the way you wanted me to, doesn't mean that I didn't answer your question.

I didn't want to lynch Oka for lynching someone too early or for being anxious. I wanted to make a RVS vote.

In post 204, Elyse wrote:"should I be poking you? Hmmmm?"

You flat didn't answer my actual question (were you defending Oka?) until I followed up. Why did you only quote the line "should I be poking you? Hmmmm?" When the full quote was "
Are you defending Oka?
Do I need to be poking you instead? Hmmm?".

If your goal is to annoy me, you have succeeded. And now my question is why is that your goal?
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:15 am

Post by RoyalApe »

Correction to my prior post:
Just because I didn't answer
your
question the way you wanted me to, doesn't mean that I didn't answer your question.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:39 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 548, Majiffy wrote:Also why is half the playerlist non-presence?

I left because I couldn't focus on reading the thread while my head was recovering from banging into a wall all week. It looks like we're firmly out of RVS now though, so I have some reading to do.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:43 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 574, Majiffy wrote:
In post 572, gameplay506 wrote:Ok going to explain and post whatever I can withoit getting modkilled wjen I get back

Or you could just replace like most of us told you.

This. Not only should you replace out. I think posting game breaking information should have you considered for banishment.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:58 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 439, Elyse wrote:

@RoyalApe
I'm done pursuing this vote further because obviously it's now starting to cause more harm than good.

I agree with this.

But your "question" to me "Are you defending Oka" seemed rhetoric because of the "should I be poking you" and "HMMMMM?". That's why I posted those two separately.

There question was definitely rhetorical. But as didn't seem to pick up on the fact that my vote was meant as a joke and continued to push for a very specific answer, I felt the need to be very specific with you.

If you ever want to answer my open question to you from , feel free. I assume this is simply your scum-hunting style. as I've see you taking similar tact elsewhere. If you help find scum, you can continue to be my neighbor.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (isolation #14) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:01 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 610, T S O wrote:
In post 608, RoyalApe wrote:
In post 574, Majiffy wrote:
In post 572, gameplay506 wrote:Ok going to explain and post whatever I can withoit getting modkilled wjen I get back

Or you could just replace like most of us told you.

This. Not only should you replace out. I think posting game breaking information should have you considered for banishment.

He didn't post anything.

Don't be a dickhead for no reason and don't try to get people banned for no reason.

Sorry if I was time-traveling through the thread. And no, if he posted game breaking information, that would be reason to get somebody banned.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:54 am

Post by RoyalApe »

attn mod, your vote count is incorrect. My last vote was in post for Elyse

UNVOTE: all
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:59 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 1139, Aeronaut wrote:He didn't actually, I may have just titled that so that everyone would read it. But seriously, look how fucking contradictory that is. It's as good as a scumslip.

So you didn't necessarily
lie
, you just misrepresented the truth to fit your own agenda?
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:01 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 1141, Majiffy wrote:Is it just me or did this game explode into a giant WTFest?

I think it started that way actually.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:05 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 1165, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 1163, RoyalApe wrote:
In post 1139, Aeronaut wrote:He didn't actually, I may have just titled that so that everyone would read it. But seriously, look how fucking contradictory that is. It's as good as a scumslip.

So you didn't necessarily
lie
, you just misrepresented the truth to fit your own agenda?

He called himself scum. That constitutes as a scumslip.

He might have, I haven't completely caught up yet. But the post you quoted here states that he called himself a sheep, not scum. You then stated that "he didn't actually" and "It's as good as a scumslip".

If he called himself scum, can you point me to the post? I'll try to find it my searching his ISO as well.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1173 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:09 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 1171, notscience wrote:I have bolded it like 3/4 times in the past 2 pages

I meant before you starting trying to egg him on.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1177 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:12 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 1156, Majiffy wrote:MADE A GREAT IMPRESSION SO FAR APPARENTLY.

I was on the undercard - you remember, I was the other half of the Elyse/Ape fight that was going on before Tree decided to go bat-shit crazy with false claims.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:14 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 1175, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 1173, RoyalApe wrote:
In post 1171, notscience wrote:I have bolded it like 3/4 times in the past 2 pages

I meant before you starting trying to egg him on.

He said I was scum for wanting Tree and Oka dead, and then said he wanted Tree and Oka dead. Scum.

OK, I can understand your rationale there. I'll keep it in mind while I try to catch up.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:47 am

Post by RoyalApe »

Since there is a ton of focus on Aeronaut right now, I began my catch up reading with his ISO.

I see consistency through it. Once we are out of RVS, he is wanting reasons for reads and isn't settling for "that's town" and "that's scum". I like that.

He is fighting against trains building without such rationale.

He gave a full run down on all players, so he isn't being a hypocrite in asking for reads from others but not providing them himself.

His 1 for 1 reasoning is something that I don't buy AT ALL, but the thought process behind going along with eliminating tree because he doesn't see tree being helpful for the town is something that I can understand.

I don't think Aero is scum.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 1212, notscience wrote:Royal, do me a favor.

Who does Aero want lynched?

Why does aero want them to be lynched?

Looks like he wants you lynched at the moment. I'm not sure why yet. Based on the rest of my read of him, I think he got frustrated with you for something in the tree debate.

The accusations against you and the misrepresentations of what you said are scummy though. I stand by that.

I need to get to reading you and look more at your interactions together as well as try to decipher the tree train before I'm ready to judge anybody in relation to it.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 1213, Elyse wrote:
In post 1209, RoyalApe wrote:
I see consistency through it. Once we are out of RVS, he is wanting reasons for reads and isn't settling for "that's town" and "that's scum". I like that.

Ok.
He is fighting against trains building without such rationale.

And then joined that same train.

I acknowledged that. His 1-1 reasoning makes no sense, but if he doesn't believe tree is an asset to the town, I can understand the thought process for that. I don't agree with it, but I can understand it. I don't think that bad logic is scummy unless the intentions are scummy. I'm not sure of his intentions at this point.

He gave a full run down on all players, so he isn't being a hypocrite in asking for reads from others but not providing them himself.

He didn't actually and you don't have to have reads on all players to be able to ask for reads. And hypocrisy isn't scummy.

You don't think that is a read list? I sure do.

You might not think hypocrisy is scummy, but I do. Please don't tell me what is and isn't scummy.
His 1 for 1 reasoning is something that I don't buy AT ALL, but the thought process behind going along with eliminating tree because he doesn't see tree being helpful for the town is something that I can understand.

Yeah except he made a deal that will only benefit him if he's scum. And he disappeared after I pointed that out.

The disappearance is something that I hadn't noticed yet. But it isn't like he's been gone for a day, is it?

His response or lack thereof will tell me more.
I don't think Aero is scum.

Try again.

OK.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:56 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 1407, Aegor wrote:

@RoyalApe:
Give me your thoughts on the Aero wagon. Also tell me your current Elyse read and who your top scumreads are.

* Aero wagon: I hate that we have so many players insistent that we have a wagon moving forward with a week left in D1 phase. If one warrants it, fine, but I'm not fond of people trying to bait or guilt others into joining a wagon. We each control our own vote.

If you want more specific thoughts, I put some down last night in posts , and .

* Elyse read: She is focused on creating heated situations. I'm not yet sure if that is town motivated or scum motivated. I lean towards town because I think most of the things she is pushing is legitimate. But the tunnel vision and wagon focus is concerning to me.

But that is probably just a style difference as I prefer to look at interactions and the way players treat others than how somebody acts themselves.

*Scumreads: I've been trying to keep up, but most of the reads I've done so far are ISO's when certain things grab my attention, such as the hubbub surrounding Aero last night. So I'm not prepared to give you a scumread list. Sorry.

*p-edt, looks like we have an Aero claim now, I can't wait to see what this is all about.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1821 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:59 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 1698, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 1694, Mirhawk wrote:Aero I have one question. Why did you softclaim in the first place?

Because maybe I didn't want every single person to know my role right then, but I needed the town to know it enough not to lynch me and make me useless to the town. If I just layed down and let you lynch me, then I'd be hurting the town's chances of winning quite a bit.

Wait, you wanted to hint at PR so that town doesn't lynch you because that is obviously bad for town, but you were willing to accept your lynch if tree flipped scum?

That does not compute at all.

Continuing my time warp, but you are now my top suspect.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1822 (isolation #27) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:15 am

Post by RoyalApe »

I'm think I'm firmly in the I think Aero is scum camp at this point. Apparently we think there is possibility of multiple factions though, so I want to consider that possibility before I put my vote there. Let them sort it out if so.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2299 (isolation #28) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:22 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 2264, Alina wrote: NY175 only had like 40 pages on day one..this...
this is just insane

The amount of posting is definitely throwing me for a loop as well. Totally different pace from the other games I am in.

My instinct is that scum is flooding the thread with useless arguments to try to confuse the town. But as I have been doing a horrible job at keeping up, I can't say that with any certainty. It is just as likely that all of the arguing is between townies and the scum has been able to sit on the sidelines, completely UTR.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2304 (isolation #29) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:27 am

Post by RoyalApe »

VOTE: Oka

I'm going to continue to read some more ISOs, but I started with Tree and Oka. Tree's fake claims aside, he has been providing some analysis that I could see being trying to hunt. Oka is just post after post of drivel.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2321 (isolation #30) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 2305, OkaPoka wrote:Nice sheeping of Alina's tunnel you got there, ape.

I voted based on my reading of your ISO, I didn't know that somebody else voted for similar reasons. I'll have to read Alina now.

But this post seems to be your thing, you like to throw out buzzwords and call people scummy with them. Whether it is OMGUS or sheeping, do you have anything else in your bucket of tricks?
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2346 (isolation #31) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:07 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 2322, reinoe wrote:
In post 2321, RoyalApe wrote:STUFF

Thank god your here...

In post 1971, reinoe wrote:
In post 1215, RoyalApe wrote:

I need to get to reading you and look more at your interactions together as well as try to decipher the tree train before I'm ready to judge anybody in relation to it.

You said you were going decipher the tree train. What about tree itself? Could you put your vote there?

I have not been able to decipher it yet, no. From my ISO read on tree, I'm not prepared to vote there today.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2372 (isolation #32) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:24 am

Post by RoyalApe »

@wake, your vote count is incorrect. I did not vote for myself. I voted for Oka.

VOTE: oka
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2536 (isolation #33) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 2484, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 542, OkaPoka wrote:Damnit. Of course you think I am scum. Can you read that I said gameplay might want to kill prs?

Why would I want to lynch a pr when I believe that there are prs in this game.

here is my crumb

This isn't much of a crumb. Is everybody that speculated that there might be PRs in a closed game suddenly a PR or just speculating on set up?
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2537 (isolation #34) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:49 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 2501, OkaPoka wrote:well i was a pr, so I knew gameplay was lying...

I don't understand this post either. How does your claimed role know that gameplay is lying on D1?
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2821 (isolation #35) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:32 am

Post by RoyalApe »

I still believe Oka is scum, so my post sat there as intended.

As that isn't happening today, I'll choose between aegor and texcat.

Aegor has been tunneled on texcat nonstop and I haven't figured out why. Tex reads ok to me.

VOTE: Aegor
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2869 (isolation #36) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:24 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 2833, gameplay506 wrote:Also royal is in our nb. He never posted anything in the qt since the beginning of the game. Also we are 4 members

I'm aware of being a neighbor, but I haven't seen anything about a separate area for posting?
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2871 (isolation #37) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:50 am

Post by RoyalApe »

So, I found my neighborhood link. I obviously didn't read that pm close enough. That should help give me a different perspective. I thought some people had neighborhoods and some didn't.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2872 (isolation #38) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:52 am

Post by RoyalApe »

I moved to aegor from oka because my vote wasn't doing anything on oka at that point and I liked read of texcat better than aegor.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2879 (isolation #39) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:28 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 2874, gameplay506 wrote:Lolz so you are telling me you didn't see the link? Like lol it is so obvious...

Nope, didn't. I wasn't thinking there would be more than one link in the pm.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2882 (isolation #40) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:30 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 2873, Alina wrote:What are your reads, anyways? I don't think you've ever given much insight into them...

My scummiest read D1 was oka, which is why I was there until last day. But I haven't been able to completely digest this game.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2885 (isolation #41) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:31 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 2880, Alina wrote:Why would there be more than one link??

Link to neighborhood, link to game thread. I only saw the game thread link.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2887 (isolation #42) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:33 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 2884, Alina wrote:Okay, like if you had to give reads on the whole (living) playerlist, what would they be?

I'll work on that for you.
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3085 (isolation #43) » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:04 am

Post by RoyalApe »

The first game day took forever and this one is flashing by. We're at L-1 already?!
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3293 (isolation #44) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:22 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 3167, reinoe wrote:btw, did RoyalApe town in the fuck up in the neighborhood?

Yes, i finally found it and then D2 ended in a flash.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”