NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3067 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:00 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3061, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 3059, Kthxbye wrote:I think I would have had a fighting chance if I could have used my PR and made the NK being the only scum left.

That kind of would've defeated the purpose of your role. XD

^This. The reviewers signed off on the idea that you wouldn't be able to. Otherwise you're almost a friendly neighbor (not like some people weren't treating you as one as it was).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3068 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:04 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3064, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 3031, The Dream Weaver wrote:In order to make the Rolecop significant without overpowering it, I tried to only include roles that would make sense for the town as either alignment. In essence, the Rolecop could verify a claim or look into questionable play, but could not incriminate someone off a lucky check.

Barring a scum fake claim
, there's really no way I was going to get any incriminating evidence off my night action. Two of the scum wouldn't have needed to fake claim at all for me to "confirm" them. I was further gated by only being able to use my action on even-nights.

My role was pretty much useless.

That was pretty much the purpose of your role. You were supposed to help the tracker find scum or verify sketchy claims. But you didn't need your role and got NK'ed anyway. I was extremely surprised by your choice of night action, but after you explained it in the graveyard, it made a lot of sense. I do think the rolecop was vastly underpowered and I think I should have made one of the tracker/rolecop a full version of that role.

There was also the idea of you using it to become a potential third mason, but you picked up on their crumbs and didn't even need to check them.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3069 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:05 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3066, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 3057, TellTaleHeart wrote:DGB, I think I understand your hatred for neighborhoods now.

I win! I win!

I'd say I hate neighborhoods (because I do), but it's really only because I can't stand the way some people handle them. I was hoping their inclusion would be okay and more bearable this game since I didn't include daytalk.
Last edited by The Dream Weaver on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3078 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:34 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Ika and I cross-replaced because we needed to fill our games. This game got slammed pretty hard at one point and I'm appreciative of him helping me out.

To be fair, I replaced into his game as town and despite me having okay (but imperfect) reads, I think I could have played better in his game (congrats to that scumteam though because I completely misread who the third scum was, but I nailed the other two). But replacing into games isn't easy, and the one he cross-replaced into was a larger commitment than the one I cross-replaced into.

Some people lurk when they're scum. I'll admit I do it sometimes as both alignments, but a lot of times it can be based on other factors. Flubber lurked pretty hard, but I think it's because he was mostly trying to keep his head down and survive so he could utilize his role. Ika told the scumteam to bus him.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3081 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:06 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I think it depends on the person. Some people enjoy neighborhoods, but I think they're overused. I was hoping players would enjoy the extra opportunity to discuss during the night and I still made it so players couldn't just hide in their neighborhood during the day. But if you still think they were unnecessary and unfun, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I'm sorry to hear that from you, but I agree the setup would have been fine without them. I'm still new to modding and I'm mostly interested to see how players would react given certain role interactions.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3118 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:43 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3084, Antihero wrote:
In post 3081, Brian Skies wrote:I'm still new to modding and I'm mostly interested to see how players would react given certain role interactions.

neighborhoods are all the rage right now, and i do think they're overused. giving neighbors roles makes things kind of interesting but other than that it's an extra layer of wifom that makes ppl scream and i never really got the fascination w/ neighborhoods.

i think the set up was great. i really liked the scum prs you ended up using, brian. watcher is a good investigative and doubles as a good "fakeclaim". fruit vendor discourages bussing and allows for the scum gambit of claiming and "clearing" himself, as long as he has teammates to do the kill. it's not overpowered but it's not just boring vanilla to where everyone's disposable. it finds the happy medium.

the only thing i would've suggested was i don't think you needed to gate the rolecop or the tracker. you already gave scum a watcher so that meant they would be finding town prs pretty often (and they did in this game).

Thanks! Hearing this from you means a lot to me. I'm really happy with my scum roles as well, and I think it did accomplish what I wanted it to do. I agree about not having to gate both the tracker and the rolecop. This was something I was concerned about as the game started to play itself out as I probably could have just removed the confirmable town roles. I was mostly worried about how much investigative power town could potentially have and I underestimated the mafia watcher.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”