Mafia 71: The Corsican Syndicate - Game over!

Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Garnasha »

poro, I don't want to play two games against or with you at the same time, so
vote: poro

@ CX: Lurker? LURKER? I got tests tomorrow, haven't been on comp since the thread opened. Not my fault the thread exploded. Actually I don't trust your statement you're not going to try a gambit, and now you're trying to frame me with Craplogictm, so I'm going to
unvote vote: ChronX

Ps. is this the right amount of nonsense per post for a first post on day 1 page four? In newbie games people talk sense, so I don't know yet how to do this whole drunk posting stuff.

PPs. I'm posting this without editting but I know I'm simulposting with the two previous ppl.
V/LA until finals are over.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:05 am

Post by Garnasha »

Peers wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Garnasha

It just seems wrong to take a statement made while signing up for the thread as a scumtell when roles hadn't been handed out yet.
And this deserves an FoS for not recognizing a joke.
ChronX wrote: FoS Lurkers. LOL LOL LOL LOL JK JK

Fixed
Now why would you add that? This actually makes me think you were more serious about that FoS than I thought, because you feel the need to correct yourself.

From here on I'll try to be serious, could you guys please stop joking around too?
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:05 am

Post by Garnasha »

woa LOADS of simulposts.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:07 am

Post by Garnasha »

waar wrote:A townie would react calm. Your reply to his jokevote gave me the impression that you were nervous about something. Nervousness is often-times a sign of guilt.
My thoughts about CX, more or less.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Garnasha »

mcpaltp, you beat me to it, I wanted to place the third vote on him, but I won't be putting him beyond that. prolly this will be simulposted too.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:16 am

Post by Garnasha »

Since cic unvoted, I'll keep the pressure up:
unvote vote: Lazy
And an FoS to cic for unvoting the scummiest player around.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:18 am

Post by Garnasha »

Thought about it more, I'll remove the FoS on cic, no scum would panic now.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Garnasha »

Goodnight everyone.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:14 pm

Post by Garnasha »

Ok, I've looked through the thread and I didn't think CKD was being scummy. It more felt like someone deliberately misinterpreted a joke, said it was overreacting, forcing CKD to explain and
then
making a case out of the fact that he defended against the overreaction case. So I decided to look back through the thread and vote the one who started the whole crap. That's BM and waar. BM placed the initial vote and thus has at least
some
reason to say CKD overreacted, but waar seemed just to have looked back through the thread looking for a nice target.

FoS: BM
unvote vote: waar

I'm going to look at the whole thing better to determine whether perhaps BM should get my vote once I got more time, but for now waar has been persueing the thing harder and I'm happy with this vote.
Saint Freak wrote:Women do not exist on the interwebs. Lynch all liars.
Saint, meet MeMe.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:25 am

Post by Garnasha »

Battle Mage wrote:
HoS: Garnasha
for clearly misconstruing the facts in order to detract suspicion from the majority of the BWers.
With this, you raised my suspicion several notches. Do I hear you attacking me for attacking waar? And then you go on voting him. I'm smelling a form of public transport here.

About the "facts": I didn't give that many, just that you were the first one to say something was overreacting, waar was the second one, and waar has been after CKD ever since. So I voted the one who really got the BW going, that being waar.
Plus waar reacted slow, posting something else before commenting on the "overreaction". My thoughts: he read what CKD said, posted something else, after that he went looking for people he could make a case against, and decided on CKD. If he really thought it that suspcious he'd have reacted instantly.

You say I twisted something about you and waar being the first ones to vote CKD? You say I twisted something in saying waar was persueing the subject more than you did? You say you really think CKD was acting real scummy? You say there was no case made out of CKD's defence against the overreaction stuff?

Man I wish I had two votes, I think I've found a scumpair.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:27 am

Post by Garnasha »

Hmm, WR, that's one explanation about the unvote. The other is that she didn't want to be on the lynch.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:28 am

Post by Garnasha »

Or didn't want a BW started by her to succeed, sorry for triple post.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:54 am

Post by Garnasha »

Aimee, if CKD is right about that, please ask to be replaced.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:02 am

Post by Garnasha »

I thought

Code: Select all

[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=6490&start=225]post 225[/url]
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:03 am

Post by Garnasha »

oops. responded to page nine
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Garnasha »

About my defending CKD: I thought his defence was good, and I kept encountering that first reaction which started it all because it was called overreacting which kept being quoted. My opinion was that it wasn't that overreactiong, and bandwagons gather momentum of their own. So my thoughts were that someone probably started a case against CKD to get townie lynched. I didn't defend CKD because he didn't need help with that as he seemed to have the edge of truth, I used the bandwagon on him to look for scum.

If you want CKD lynched, fine, but if he turns out to be town like I think, I'm going after BM for defending waar and pretending not to by voting him while he isn't in any danger of getting lynched. If he turns out to be scum, feel free to lynch me, but once you guys know my alignment, please lynch BM and/or waar for me.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:57 am

Post by Garnasha »

Hmm, my thoughts ceased to make sense. Now I read it again I see I'm going to do my best to get you lynched whatever happens. Guess I'm just being immensely annoyed by the way you attack my case. Anyway, you first are on the CKD BW, then hop on the waar BW, then go after me. I really had a good reason to suspect you, something about being aggressive towards the first person who actually looks in the direction of waar when searching for scum. Anyways, I'm dead tired now, see all of you guys tomorrow, unless you decide to lynch me for daring to attack waar.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:58 am

Post by Garnasha »

hmm, simulpost, I reacted to BM.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:25 pm

Post by Garnasha »

Alright, seems I was mistaken in thinking CKD was not that scummy. Could someone with some experience give me an estimate how many scum a 19 player game prolly contains? Once I have that info I'll reconsider my vote.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:06 pm

Post by Garnasha »

Hmm, guess you're right. You defend him as far as I can see by attacking my case against him. He should be able to do that himself as 50pob pointed out, unless he's scum.

btw. count em yourself you lazy *** :P
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:11 pm

Post by Garnasha »

I can also add that if more people agree that CKD overreacts in the post that started it all I'll become l;ess suspicious of you.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:20 pm

Post by Garnasha »

*looks around* I don't see theo anywhere. And I won't get lynched for it. I'll just get modkilled if theo is in a really bad mood (not the kind that makes you throw stuff - worse)
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:23 pm

Post by Garnasha »

What, by you? By the mod? By town? I don't disrespect him, I just point out the trouble that exists with doing things on the forum when you're not here.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:24 pm

Post by Garnasha »

I could even argue you disrespect the mod by letting him do your hard work like a common servant.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #24) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:00 am

Post by Garnasha »

Lazy wrote: Would it have been better if I'd just sneakily unvoted?
better than shouting hey look at me not acting scummy.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:29 am

Post by Garnasha »

Doesn't this forum have a justice dept. where all bans are listed and only admins can start a thread and post?
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Garnasha »

Could any of the www.somethingawful.com ppl tell me what their experiences with lazy are? ie. Could he have done this out of mere bad town play?
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:41 pm

Post by Garnasha »

I meant that if more people think CKD overreacted in that post, it becomes more likely I was wrong and BM was right, so it becomes less suspicious she attacks my case against waar.

However, that won't take the suspicion away completely, because while my original case needs the assumption that CKD wasn't being all that scummy and will be ruined if that assumption turns out to be false, it did cause BM to post a linked scumtell: She defends waar.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:11 am

Post by Garnasha »

ok, this thread goes way too fast, I haven't read pages 13-16 yet, but I'd like to react to CKD in this post:
curiouskarmadog wrote:I am still comfortable with my vote on Waar, I found him scummy when I placed the vote and nothing has yet changed this. Even his unvote (on me) seemed scummy.

However, one other thing that has popped out to me I want to explore.

Garnasha’s play. He started off defending me when if was obviously against the town majority. He had some good observations on what was going on. I understand the theory behind scum knowing someone is about to be hung (town) and vouching or defending them to buy themselves town creds Day 2. I feel like Waar could be doing that now with the unvote. However, I have been the guy (town) who opposed the caseless wagon Day 1 and the town majority. So his defense of me alone is not enough. However, once he was attacked for his defense (mostly by 50 LBs) and it looks like I wont be the fast BW lynch after all he starts to buckle.

Post 231
Garnasha wrote:About my defending CKD: I thought his defence was good, and I kept encountering that first reaction which started it all because it was called overreacting which kept being quoted. My opinion was that it wasn't that overreactiong, and bandwagons gather momentum of their own. So my thoughts were that someone probably started a case against CKD to get townie lynched. I didn't defend CKD because he didn't need help with that as he seemed to have the edge of truth, I used the bandwagon on him to look for scum.

If you want CKD lynched, fine, but if he turns out to be town like I think, I'm going after BM for defending waar and pretending not to by voting him while he isn't in any danger of getting lynched. If he turns out to be scum, feel free to lynch me, but once you guys know my alignment, please lynch BM and/or waar for me.
Now it is ok if people want to lynch me, but if I come out town??? He is already setting up his attack for Day 2. If you think I am town, why are you beginning to falter in your beliefs and a defense. IF you are town, dont you want to see scum lynched versus me?

Post 247
Garnasha wrote:Alright, seems I was mistaken in thinking CKD was not that scummy. Could someone with some experience give me an estimate how many scum a 19 player game prolly contains? Once I have that info I'll reconsider my vote.
He doesn’t explain why he thinks he is mistaken, there were no posts between his last post in the thread and this one. Actually he wants someone else to do the work for him. Garnasha, what made you change your mind at this point? If you want to help the town, shouldn’t you look for your known facts and draw your own conclusions without being lead around by others?

Post 250
Garnasha wrote:I can also add that if more people agree that CKD overreacts in the post that started it all I'll become l;ess suspicious of you.
This post just reeks. You are basically saying, if people jump on my bandwagon, you wont be suspicious of them. You care WAY too much about what this town thinks of you. This tends to be a scum trait (if you need the theory behind that I will provide). You have done a complete 180, without a.) any reason, b.) providing a case of your own and c.) voting me yourself.

FoS Garnasha

What is
your
current stances on me, Waar, Lazy, 50 Lbs, and BM?
My reasons for that are that I see so many people with more experience saying I'm wrong and BM's right (This is my second game ever), so I thought I had just interpreted something wrong. Add to that that should you get lynched and turn out to be town, I'll know I wasn't that mistaken after all.

Ps.: I haven't looked at the game for some time, and again I think it looks like waar (scum) trying to frame you (town) and BM (scumbuddy) defends waar against me (town) by attacking me. 50 PoB somehow decided to lock aim on you and me, following BM. Feels a bit like different scumgroups. Lazy acted scummy and was honest about it, don't know what to think of that exactly, but it doesn't exactly give him town creds.

PPs. Catching up now.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Garnasha »

SF, seriously, shut the f* up, go sit in a corner and cut yourself. And get someone to replace you who does want to play the game instead of ruining it for the rest of us.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Garnasha »

Alright, I just figured out what drop-down menu everybody was talking about. Praise
God, in whom I don't believe,
the coders for such a feature. I'm a bit inactive this week, I mainly sleep till one o'clock and watch telly. Not a good idea while in a thread like this I know... well, it should get better next week when the vacation's over.

Ps. Now I finally have the means to easily look over everything waar and CKD have been saying.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Garnasha »

EBWOP look over should be look up and get an overview.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Garnasha »

Hmm, **** slow comps, the fast one is being repaired, tomorrow it's back. I'll make my pbpa analysis of them two on that one, way easier...

ABR, I just got an idea. You suddenly feel very lyncher-like to me. Not necessarily by the way you and waar acted independently, but because you are continuing where he left off(is that the proper way to put it in english? curse language barriers).
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:16 am

Post by Garnasha »

Rampage, you already fear tunnelvision? Maybe it's me, but you're fresh into this, only way I can imagine you being tunnel-visioned already is you being linked. Alternative: you've only read that which concerned waar and decided to play like nothing changed. I'm not believing that. So as far as I can see you're linked. Or have I missed a possibility? If so, please point that possibility out to me, as I can't see it.

I've been thinking a bit about a mass roleclaim, but do we have enough active players for that? No good in mass claiming with mass meaning just half the players. And could somebody explain to me the pros and cons of a mass claim? That question prolly sounds noobish, and guess what? It is!
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (isolation #34) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:13 am

Post by Garnasha »

Well, since this game almost died and considering that comment about paralysed games I think I'll stop looking back through the thread for everything and being too careful with what I say. If the game is going to die I want it to do so in a big explosion of posts. I think this'll turn out to make me play ABRstyle, but less oneliners.

50lbs, you saying you'd hammer someone (don't remember who) but not voting him is suspicious, plus you've been after me like a hound. Dunno if my role can be lynchee at the same time, but it feels like that.
SF voting with little to no reason however takes the cake. Especially since he votes someone with a strong BW against them. And after that he falls silent.

unvote
vote: Saint Freak

Will meta tar later(have to leave comp in five mins) to see if that refusal to defend himself is uncommon. If it is, I'll join the people pushing for his lynch.

Poro, my defense about suggesting a mass-claim is ignorance. Meta me if you don't believe that.

Ps. I now see you already unvoted even though the deadline isn't that good a reason imo. Really gtg, but will look at that again once I'm back.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:14 am

Post by Garnasha »

with almopst died I don't mean it's still almost dead, but that it came awfully close before it came back to life.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:46 am

Post by Garnasha »

50lbs, I seem to have forgot while I was away, what is your case against me again? I'm going to reread your posts now, but I'd like you to restate it.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:50 am

Post by Garnasha »

QC:
50 pounds of bread wrote:Alasdair is very non-chalant about mafia, but he isn't a jerk about it for the sake of being a jerk. Saint Freak is just being an asshole.
memo to self: if 50lbs turns out to be scum, triple check SF. And vice versa.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:52 am

Post by Garnasha »

QC: 50 lbs posted a total of 21 posts. I don't like that.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:53 am

Post by Garnasha »

make that 22, missed the "0" post
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (isolation #40) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:45 am

Post by Garnasha »

it makes me feel bad about his participation in the game. It's no real scumtell, it's just worth noting that he doesn't post much. Hell, even I have more posts.

If in a 33page thread someone has less than a page of posts, it makes me suspect he posts just enough to fly under the lurkdar. But it's no real accusation. What is a real accusation, which I'm going to check (if I say nothing then it's not the case) is if the few posts that he does have are oneliners and/or consist purely of stuff others have already said.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (isolation #41) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:32 pm

Post by Garnasha »

cicero wrote:50 is not scummy. I just re-read him. He was quite active when there was an active to be active in.

But he was fingering you, Garnasha -- which you failed to mention. OMGUS much?
maybe you're right here and I'm being OMGUS
y
(not OMGUS because I didn't vote him). But my main reason of suspecting him is that I know I'm town and thus know I am honest in my posts. And I'm not believing I'm that bad at mafia that I'm looking real scummy while town. He's just too confident I'm scum imo, basing it just on the fact that I looked at the BW on CKD and didn't find the evidence that strong, thus I decided to look at the person who started the flimsy case.
After that I got a load of people against me, and since I'm not really experienced I thought I was wrong, so I asked what the probable number of scum here is, and that I would reconsider my vote after I knew that (the thought behind this was eliminating the possibility that scum was just lying to make me back off).
I guess it's my fault that in my newbieness I sometimes do stuff that scum also does, that being that I am quick to adjust my opinion based on public opinion. Maybe he's holding that against me too, but those two points are the only ones I know that could have led him to believe I'm scum. And I think that isn't enough to be this confident.
I'd be just as suspicious of him if he attacked someone else this way, except that I wouldn't be sure he is attacking a townie.

Woa, this turned out to be quite a post, while I simply stated why I didn't like 50lbs his behaviour.

cicero btw, while I did indicate I don't like 50lbs and I'm going to take a closer look at him, notice I didn't FoS him. Which means that you were a bit quick to react to something I was saying in 50 lbs his direction.

Ps. looking back at what I wrote, I think I'll put that
FoS: 50lbs
there after all(dunno if that's the right way of saying it in english).

PPs. so many people to reread... I'm a couple of days behind on schedule...
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (isolation #42) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:04 am

Post by Garnasha »

Porochaz wrote:
windshipper wrote:
Setael wrote:I'll post as soon as I've read the thread. Give me a couple of days.
Yeah, uh, you might want to make that less than a "couple of days" since the deadline is Thursday.
Since your for the lynch if theres an unvoting frenzy for St Freak
what the hell do you mean with that?

On the OMGUS stuff: I think 50lbs is too sure of my being scummy considering my play and what other players have done. The problem is that if I point something like that out about a case against me, it's OMGUS. If I point it out about a case against someone else, it's linked.
To react to 50lbs like I have prolly requires the knowledge that I'm town, and I'm the only one who knows that, so the only thing I can do is indicate that I suspect him.

I'm now going to repeat my request: 50lbs, please restate your case on me, because if I understood it correctly in my reread it is rather feeble, and only indicates you're not linked to CKD.

Ps. I'm beginning to suspect SF is a jester. Otherwise he's just playing really bad.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (isolation #43) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:04 am

Post by Garnasha »

EBWOP: "scummy" should be "most likely scum"
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (isolation #44) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:21 am

Post by Garnasha »

woa, bumping this one, has the thread died again?
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (isolation #45) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:08 pm

Post by Garnasha »

Come on windshipper, you gotta be able to do better than that looking pro-town. I read your analysis on cic's post, and it is utter bullcrap. Cicero, as he already pointed out, didn't know SF's alignment, and SF was a smaller potential loss. You're bending what he said to make him look scummy and you know it. Bending words is rather high on my scumtell list (I admit, it isn't based on much experience, but common sense also works).
vote: windshipper

And that one isn't gonna be removed in a hurry. You're either gonna need a very good defense or someone who screams for my vote so loud I have to let you go because there is even more obvious scum. I'm not really expecting that to happen, so prepare your defense.

Ps. I'm tired and sick of people attacking my case while the accused person hasn't even responded yet. I hereby ask everybody kindly (ie. gun in one hand, rope in the other) not to respond for windshipper in any other way than possibly saying who has your sympathy.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (isolation #46) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:10 pm

Post by Garnasha »

PPs.
IGMEOY: those who followed ws like a flock of sheep
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (isolation #47) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:35 am

Post by Garnasha »

arsonist
I thought that was a commonly known role?
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (isolation #48) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:57 am

Post by Garnasha »

flash tutorial. And I am one of those weird ppl who push the random page button in wikies. And try to read the entire wiki except user profiles.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (isolation #49) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:34 am

Post by Garnasha »

Hey, don't look at me like that, this is my fourth game ever. I work purely by the light of tutorials, the wiki and common sense. Since it is mentioned in the tutorial I thought it was universal knowledge. In some sense it is, this isn't something subjective like scumtells, so wiki knowledge is universal knowledge.

Could you be faking ignorance? I would've looked it up instead of asking, so now I'm wondering at your motives to ask us here. It could be nothing, it could be everything. I know a few explanations you could give me, I'd like to see which one you're gonna give.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (isolation #50) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Garnasha »

Battle Mage wrote:Lastly, i just wanted to point out the way in which your last post had strong hints of OMGUS in it. I dont see why you would get so edgy over a theory discussion unless you had something to hide.

Vote: Garnasha
Edgy? Not the right word, or I'm bad at reading myself. More like explaining myself, then while I was writing about the wiki wondering why you didn't at least check if the wiki had an entry on it, and posting my suspicions.
OMGUS is also misplaced here, because OMGUS strictly means voting someone because they're voting you, and in a broader sense this translates to being suspicious of/building a case against someone because they are suspicious of you. Actually your vote is a perfect example.
I did neither, I'm suspicious of you because it occured to me that instead of looking it up in the wiki you gave everybody a signal you don't have a clue what an arsonist is.

Ps. Let's look at your post 906, just for the exercise:
1. This sounded to me to mean basically: "There doesn't have to be an arsonist". And whose reaction? It's not clear to me how this would affect whether or not you'd look it up.
2. Directing attention towards Phate. You did agree earlier though that it was prolly an SK. Haven't got a clue why it wouldn't be a mafia group. Because the flavor doesn't fit :roll: ? It's not clear to me how this would affect whether or not you'd look it up.
3. It cost me about 20 secs to look it up: 6 for opening the wiki, 2 to write arsonist, 2 waiting for the page and 10 reading. It does however indeed give us something to discuss, namely why you thought you had to make it crystal clear here you don't know what an arsonist is. So your excuse for not looking it up is laziness?
4. I didn't call it common, I called it commonly known. That's something entirely different, so you mixing them up is, in your own words, "a gross misrepresentation". It's not clear to me how this would affect whether or not you'd look it up.
Of course, this analysis is made
suspecting
you are an arsonist. If I would think you're a townie, we get this list:
1. good point here, but I disagree: the mention of a false alarm doesn't make sense if there isn't a firefighter.
2. So you think Phate is an arsonist? Build a case against her(?) please and if it is a good one I'll support the BW.
3. Is it so much trouble? File that one under "lazy".
4. No, indeed, I've never seen one. However, I've only completed two games in my entire life and have two ongoing, so I could only work with what the wiki told me. Since even I knew it I thought about everybody would.

PPs. I now notice this has become a rather large post.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (isolation #51) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:50 am

Post by Garnasha »

Reading your post 906 again I think you mixed up me and Phate in your point 1. Phate was the one who reacted to the flavour, I reacted to you.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (isolation #52) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Garnasha »

while you managed to make me laugh out loud, that isn't exactly what I call a good defense xD.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (isolation #53) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:43 am

Post by Garnasha »

Stupidity is also something you can laugh about, though you gotta limit it or you'd be laughing all day.

Dunno why I thought you were female, but I couldn't see the gender symbol while posting. Sorry.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (isolation #54) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:56 pm

Post by Garnasha »

Three things:
1. I'm getting the impression JDodge is linked to WS.

2. Apologies for lynching a townie, my bad. Happy :? ?

3. Who do you think we should've lynched then? Or should we have decided on a no-lynch? If you say cicero made a bad choice, tell us the alternatives.

Ps. Setael, you got a point there, but I think WS went too far by voting because he was pissed off. That's either bad play or scummy, so SA people go ahead and tell me this is normal coming from WS.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (isolation #55) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:40 am

Post by Garnasha »

Battle Mage wrote:
Garnasha wrote: OMGUS is also misplaced here, because OMGUS strictly means voting someone because they're voting you, and in a broader sense this translates to being suspicious of/building a case against someone because they are suspicious of you. Actually your vote is a perfect example.
Sadly this is simply incorrect. It was i who originally questionned your comments (and i know it wasnt JUST you) on an alleged 'Arsonist'. Then you tried to turn suspicion in my direction, with no real strong reasoning for doing so. I know it isnt OMGUS in the literal sense, but it certainly has elements of it.
Geez, you started it by asking about arsonist. I answer, and you start questioning me about my comment on the fact that I was surprised you didn't know it. Asking for an explanation and reading a scumtell into the explanation looks like setting a neat trap to generate false evidence.

Garnasha wrote: I did neither, I'm suspicious of you because it occured to me that instead of looking it up in the wiki you gave everybody a signal you don't have a clue what an arsonist is.
I told you-I DON'T SWEAR ALLEGIANCE TO THE FRIGGING MAFIASCUM WIKI. :roll:
If you think that is a scumtell, more fool you. :x
I think I've already satisfactorily explained why basing all your gameplay on something 1 or 2 people have said, is dumb. In fact, this play by you is a great example because, after reading a wiki article on an 'Arsonist', you were under the impression that it was a common role, which had you asked one of us, you would know is total BS. I suppose it might be 'commonly known' amongst people who have simply read the wiki article, but frankly i can write a book about 'Snargleschmucks' and if enough people read it, i can say it is well known. But does that mean it is in any way useful or relevant?

NO.
RIGHT, that's IT, I never said it was common, I said it was commonly known, or at least rather easy to look up. Now I got one question left for you about this: do you refuse to look stuff up on principle?
Garnasha wrote: Of course, this analysis is made
suspecting
you are an arsonist.
So you think i am an arsonist because i clearly and obviously attacked people who i thought might be the arsonist? lol @ WIFOM.
you seem to have quoted the wrong part, you don't talk sense. With the quoted part I meant to indicate that I made the analysis above it with the strong possibility in the back of my mind that you were the arsonist. I thought you could be the arsonist because you were asking about the role indicating you didn't know about it.

Garnasha wrote:If I would think you're a townie, we get this list:
1. good point here, but I disagree: the mention of a false alarm doesn't make sense if there isn't a firefighter.
False alarm? I dont know what you are referring to here. Link for lazy bast? :wink:
night scene? :roll:

Garnasha wrote: 2. So you think Phate is an arsonist? Build a case against her(?) please and if it is a good one I'll support the BW.
^ZOMG SCUMMY!!!
what's scummy about asking for a case and saying you'll follow if it is convincing?

Garnasha wrote:4. No, indeed, I've never seen one. However, I've only completed two games in my entire life and have two ongoing, so I could only work with what the wiki told me. Since even I knew it I thought about everybody would.
*Sigh* The point i am trying to make is that even though the role 'Arsonist' might be in the Wiki, it does not mean that it is a role used on site. This is particularly relevant here, where i have not seen an arsonist ever in a game on MS.
you asked about the what, not the whether

BM
Could you respond to the rest of that post too? Btw. you removed one of my reasons to suspect you and added about five.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (isolation #56) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:48 am

Post by Garnasha »

simple, I used the area tag. pretty easy to discern them from the rest
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (isolation #57) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:35 am

Post by Garnasha »

1. bending my words to make it look like I said they were common instead of commonly known. And no, that isn't the same, everybody knows jesters for instance, though they are rather rare.
2. Asking something and then interpreting the reaction as a scumtell.
3. Implying someone as scum (Phate) and saying it's scummy when I ask for your case. And if I were looking for someone to vote like you suggest, I'd have gone after you already. However, windshipper also made himself look rather scummy, so I went after him. You however, have just exceeded him.
unvote

4. Not responding to parts of my post directed at you while you did respond to other parts. Leaving out the nasty bits hoping it'll blow over?
That's 4, I admit, not 5. Four in one post is bad enough though.
Got a fifth from your latest post: making it sound ridiculous that you could be linked to a role because you ask about it. Ignoring my comment on how you could be faking it too.

vote: Battle Mage

Call it OMGUS if you like. You'd be wrong though. I think you are doing too many things wrong to be explained away by "bad townie".

I think about everything we have to say to each other has been said by now. Just one question: do you refuse to look stuff up on principle? No speeches, just quote this question and put yes or no under it. You can explain it in another paragraph.
I'll shut up about this until someone else has given his thoughts, after all, it is impossible to convince you/make you admit you're scum, and that isn't what I'm meant to do: I'm meant to look for scum and then convince
others
you're prolly scum.

Ps. About how you don't know the role: look at it like distancing. In this case not distancing from a player but from a role. Does it make sense now?
PPs. Don't shout please, it looks emotional and exasperated. Townies shouldn't get mad at people because they don't let go until they got a good answer.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (isolation #58) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:36 am

Post by Garnasha »

Garnasha wrote: I'll shut up about this until someone else has given his thoughts, after all, it is impossible to convince you/make you admit you're scum, and that isn't what I'm meant to do: I'm meant to look for scum and then convince
others
it's
prolly scum.
fixed
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (isolation #59) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:08 am

Post by Garnasha »

Battle Mage wrote:*snip* tunnelvision *snip* actually OMGUS *snip*
So you're saying I'm too emotionally involved to tell whether you're scummy? Worst thing about this is that I'm starting to believe you could be right. Now we got three options:
1. I continue attacking you, deaf to the voice of reason.
2. We stop and forget about it.
3. We stop about it and look at it again once I've cooled down.
Options one and two seem really bad to me, so I suggest we stop for now and look at it again in about a week (We got four weeks right? If we need three weeks to sort this out, shame on us). Fine with you? Until then, I
unvote
and won't vote you again until the week has passed and I have come to my senses. Remind me to look at this again should I forget about it.

I had a reasonable vote on someone before BM started acting really weird in my eyes. I'll put it back where it belongs.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (isolation #60) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:28 am

Post by Garnasha »

Lynching SF was, in retrospect, anti-town. However, cicero had no way of knowing that, so you really can't blame him for it. He thought Setael and SF had about equal chances of being scum, and since SF was acting anti-town regardless of alignment while he expected Setael to be an asset for town (depends on his alignment of course). So he chose to lynch SF.
You voting him for that is a crap case. I don't like people making crap cases (don't, BM, please, I know you're tempted :P ). So I voted you, partially because I thought you were the most likely person to be scum at that point, and partially to get a reaction. Your reaction was even worse. You refused to defend yourself, didn't admit you might've been wrong and stated cicero was "blatantly anti-town". I want a reasonable defense from you in your next post against the accusation or else... else...( Damn I'm already voting him, does anyone know what I can threaten him with while voting him?). Well, whatever, I want a defense against my accusation against you. To prevent you from saying my accusation isn't clear, here it is again:

AccusationMaking a case against cicero for lynching a townie while that townie was acting anti-town and was on a shared first place on the "likely scum" top-10. Acting like you don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Insisting cicero acted scummy, dumb and "blatantly anti-town" without even trying to prove his defense wrong.

Ps. cic, what does tl;dr mean?
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (isolation #61) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:39 am

Post by Garnasha »

ah ok. that included me one game, newbie 480, and I was lynched for it. That's a nice (and effective) way to knock it out of someone xD.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (isolation #62) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:02 am

Post by Garnasha »

I'm gonna put that in my sig.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (isolation #63) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:10 am

Post by Garnasha »

This game picked up speed again? Good, finally something to respond to.

Let's start with the case on me by setael (Phate, seteal is right, you really shouldn't have responded):
Setael wrote:Ok then. There was surprisingly little content in the chunk that took me forever to get through. Most notable was mcpaltp's blatant campaign to convert everyone to the SA dark side. I will not give in! (Unless someone spots me $10).

So, as I’ve said – I see windshipper’s case on Cicero, but I agree with whoever said it’s most likely they’re townies throwing rocks at each other. The most useful information from the whole exchange imo is the votes that piled on windshipper while ignoring Phate and JDodge, both of whom agreed with windshipper and followed him onto the Cicero bandwagon.
Phate, 884 wrote:Vote: Cicero, for some lousy reasoning in the quoted post, and because I'm too lazy to do a reread just now.
I agree that this is the scummiest entrance into a game. Ever. Especially considering he has just removed his vote and now says he thinks Cicero is town.
Garnasha, 898 wrote:Come on windshipper, you gotta be able to do better than that looking pro-town. I read your analysis on cic's post, and it is utter bullcrap. Cicero, as he already pointed out, didn't know SF's alignment, and SF was a smaller potential loss. You're bending what he said to make him look scummy and you know it. Bending words is rather high on my scumtell list (I admit, it isn't based on much experience, but common sense also works).
And that one isn't gonna be removed in a hurry. You're either gonna need a very good defense or someone who screams for my vote so loud I have to let you go because there is even more obvious scum. I'm not really expecting that to happen, so prepare your defense.
To have this big of a problem with windshipper for the cicero case, while totally ignoring Phate and JDodge who agreed and joined the wagon is scummy. If he really believed windshipper's analysis was "bullcrap" you'd think he'd at least give honorable mention to those who agreed with windshipper and jumped on the cicero wagon.
This, my friend, is misguiding. Immediatly after that post I made a post saying I'd be watching those who followed WS "like a flock of sheep".

Though I'm suspicious of several players (Phate, Porochaz and JDodge to name a few of them), I'd rather focus on Garnasha for now, since he's been the most scummy. Here are some jewels:
Garnasha wrote:I've been thinking a bit about a mass roleclaim, but do we have enough active players for that?
This has already been mentioned, and I know his defense for suggesting a mass claim was "I'm a newbie" but I still find it scummy.
Let me rephrase what Phate said: If I had known it was bad for town, I'd also have known it wouldn't be done, and suggesting it would be pointless. Unless I'd want to misguide people about how good I am at the game, but you can't build a case around noobish behaviour saying it's scum misleading town about being noob, unless you have good reasons to think the player is in fact very experienced. You could policy lynch noobish behaviour though :roll:

Well,
Garnasha wrote:But my main reason of suspecting him is that I know I'm town and thus know I am honest in my posts.
Seriously? By this logic, any time anyone disagrees with you or says they don't believe you, you will think them scum. Does that logic make sense to you?
Well, I meant that since I couldn't objectively judge how sincere my posts sound, I used the knowledge that I
am
sincere. In the rest of that post, which you snipped, I pointed out that I couldn't believe I sound insincere while being sincere, so the fact that 50lbs read insincerity in them was something I didn't quite like.
Garnasha wrote:I guess it's my fault that in my newbieness I sometimes do stuff that scum also does, that being that I am quick to adjust my opinion based on public opinion.
Newbie card again as an excuse for scummy play.
Guilty as charged. I learn while playing this game, at such a rate that my opinions change if enough people tell me they're wrong.

Garnasha wrote:Ps. I'm beginning to suspect SF is a jester. Otherwise he's just playing really bad.
As a general rule, scum is more worried about a jester than townies.
If jester is a show-stopper or only lets the game continue for a second place, I think lynching jester is equally bad for town and scum. If not, scum would probably just lynch the jester and be happy it's night with a non-scum lynch.
Garnasha wrote: arsonist
I thought that was a commonly known role?
Then when asked if he's seen an arsonist in a game:
Garnasha wrote:No, indeed, I've never seen one.
don't start this again... I already pointed out that if I can in under 20 secs paste a link to the relevant wiki article I think the thing is commonly
known
Garnasha wrote:2. So you think Phate is an arsonist? Build a case against her(?) please and if it is a good one I'll support the BW.
This has also already been mentioned. Since I try to get the most likely scum player lynched, I'll vote for the person who seems most likely scum. Someone with a good case against him has done a lot of scummy things or that case couldn't be made. So I'd vote Phate if BM could make a good case against her. I asked her to make a case against him because she implied Phate as likely arsonist. If the case would be crap though, I'd go after BM like I'm going after WS
Garnasha wrote:vote: Battle Mage
Call it OMGUS if you like. You'd be wrong though. I think you are doing too many things wrong to be explained away by "bad townie".
Garnasha wrote:So you're saying I'm too emotionally involved to tell whether you're scummy? Worst thing about this is that I'm starting to believe you could be right. Now we got three options:
1. I continue attacking you, deaf to the voice of reason.
2. We stop and forget about it.
3. We stop about it and look at it again once I've cooled down.
Options one and two seem really bad to me, so I suggest we stop for now and look at it again in about a week (We got four weeks right? If we need three weeks to sort this out, shame on us). Fine with you? Until then, I unvote and won't vote you again until the week has passed and I have come to my senses. Remind me to look at this again should I forget about it.
This post is basically admitting that his vote on BM really was OMGUS and was made because he was angry and emotional. If he really thought BM was scum (he did vote him, so I assume he did) then he would not make this post backing off. The only motivation I can see for this is to end the argument and get himself out of the spotlight. He's played the newbie card one too many times. Four games is enough that you can't use "I'm a newbie" as a defense against every scummy thing you do.
About the first part: Guilty as charged, I admitted there it could very well be making an OMGUS vote. I take it I would be refusing to back off, which would be explained by you as scummy, if I had continued? I already stated my reasons for backing off. Do you think it would've been better for town if I had continued attacking BM while being so emotional about it all?

About the newbie card: one C9 which I actively played, one replacement C9 where I participated so little I got lynched D1, one incompleted game with a closed setup, and this game. In my count that's a bit less than 2 completed games, considering I didn't participate in that second C9 enough to really learn a lot other than that sometimes you got mafia that is damn good at hiding, and no knowledge about possible closed setups. I'd like you to put in one post without stuff between everytime I played the newbie card in one sentence per time.

vote: Garnasha
If you have trouble seperating response from answer like BM, I used the area tag. Simple, effective and doesn't violate the no-colors rule.

btw. my case on BM has cooled down for a week now, I'll look at it again, hopefully this time reasonable.

Ps. quickben, with so little posts there wouldn't be any meta to start with.
Garnasha
Garnasha
Goon
Garnasha
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (isolation #64) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:08 am

Post by Garnasha »

I've been trying to keep everything running, but the time it took me to write #1011 turned out to be more than I can afford with all the stuff I'm doing atm. I don't think I'm going to be much help if I have to divide my attention over two mafia games and three other games which are at least as time-consuming as MS.

low-priority replacement request
low priority meaning if anyone else needs replacing replace him or her first, else I'd like to be relieved of the demands of this game this very moment if possible, or as close in time as possible to that point.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”