Mafia 71: The Corsican Syndicate - Game over!

garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:09 am

Post by garbagetree »

OK, I'm not willing to vote for whoever waar votes for, because he's the only one I trust now.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:14 am

Post by garbagetree »

garbagetree wrote:OK, I'm willing to vote for whoever waar votes for, because he's the only one I trust now.
haha, fixed, I first meant not vote for waar then changed it to vote for who waar was voting for midsentence. I think this is a scumtell and everyone should capitalize on it
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:37 am

Post by garbagetree »

ChronX wrote:*kneejerk WIFOM

Are all you new people acronym-victims too? I've been fully indoctrinated, as you can see. :)
That's a very ILTTAA thing you did there.
Scoop Scoop Scoop
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:08 am

Post by garbagetree »

WomensRights wrote:While yes, several of us are from another site and play mafia together on a more or less frequent basis, I do have to say that I'm surprised that we would be accused of talking together outside of the thread. Just because we know each other from another site doesn't mean that we don't know the rules of mafia and we all know that talking outside the thread is clearly forbidden. I think it's rather silly to instantly assume that we're all cheating. And yes, we are used to faster paced games.

That being said though, I do think it's ridiculous to call out any lurkers at this point. The thread's been open for, what, 12 hours or so? Less than that? I know that you guys on MS are used to slower days so I doubt we can even think about calling out lurkers at this point.
Yeah, the calling out lurkers before it's been a full day is nuts. Though is there a way to find post counts here?
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:12 am

Post by garbagetree »

waar wrote:Just a friendly request. Could you try to make your posts more readable? Use proper capitalization and punctuation, it's a sign of respect for your fellow Mafia players. Not all of us want to feel like we're reading an AOL chat room when we are reading a forum.
How often is AOL speak used on the IRC? I don't hang out there as much I should/want to.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:15 am

Post by garbagetree »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Alasdair wrote:
WomensRights we are talking about the game on American Online Instant Messanger as we speak!
The Frakking Rules that are posted on Page 1 wrote:5.) No talking to other players, dead or alive, outside of the thread, unless your role permits it.
K?
They must be scum together.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:24 am

Post by garbagetree »

curiouskarmadog wrote: My vote on him is not an OMGUS vote. I gave him plenty of time to say "hey, maybe it is a misunderstanding"..or "my joke on you was mostly random"..or even a "I am just trying to start conversation"
How is this not OMGUS? So you will unvote for him as soon was he unvotes for you? I fail to see your point here.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by garbagetree »

cicero wrote:I'm guessing the scum win a lot over at somethingawful.com
You would be incorrect.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:17 pm

Post by garbagetree »

mcpaltp wrote:I count 5 people from SA. I was there before here, even though I'm pretty new on both forums. I have a different username on SA, :shh:. I was in Sakespeare, but not for very long.
Mr. Trewe?
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by garbagetree »

mcpaltp wrote:Yup, that's me. Now the internet detectives can see my other interests as they know my other screen name. Curses!
You need to (when you get off probation) send me a PM for your character in marvel vs. DC mafia so I can write the flavor.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:33 am

Post by garbagetree »

theopor_COD wrote:
Mith has informed me Alasdair has been banned, replacement in the pipeline
Shocking.

Also welcome Windshipper.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by garbagetree »

Garnasha wrote:.....

Could any of the www.somethingawful.com ppl tell me what their experiences with lazy are? ie. Could he have done this out of mere bad town play?
He's been a member at SA since October 6th this year, I think. He hasn't been in any completed games so I have no idea.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #280 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:34 am

Post by garbagetree »

Lazy wrote:About the unvoting: Back when WR first questioned me about it, I didn't really understand why she thought it was so scummy, so I thought that unvoting immediately would've been the same as admitting that it WAS scummy.

I felt I had no reason to admit that I had done something scummy, because it really wasn't anything more than a jokewagon vote.
You're reasoning is scummy for what you did, but you are a little too honest about it for me to place a vote on you.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:06 pm

Post by garbagetree »

windshipper wrote:
Saint Freak wrote:
unvote: ckd
vote: Chronx

For being stupid and a big meanie :(
I uh...What? No defense? No nothing? What? Just "Meanie poop"?
No defense is the best defense :v
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by garbagetree »

skitzer wrote:SF, me agrees...Jesters are usually included in open games to add another worry to the game...but I can see how talk of no jester is scummy as well.
Jester is a pretty rare role, and bringing it up on a day one without any reasoning to think that there could be a jester in the game seems rather silly. In fact, the only reason why I could think that it would be brought up is as a scare tactic. All it does is makes me suspicious of the person who first brought it up. That was windshipper if I recall correctly.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by garbagetree »

cicero wrote:Fair enough but imho windshipper's comment was reasonable in the context at the time. Freak was acting like a jester. If ever a jester there was. I wanted to lynch the guy on general principle... and one of the SA people that could meta him said it was highly abnormal play for him.
It's hard for me to meta him. The last game I played with him it was his first game, and we were masons, and he played relatively normal then, but he's taken a turn for the unpredictable and hilarious. I've been genuinely enjoying his posts, probably because they seemed over-the-top scummy.

And just for fun

Yeah I know Taxman did if first, but it's still fun.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by garbagetree »

boo not accepting image hosting. It worked in preview and everything.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:45 am

Post by garbagetree »

Peers wrote:I forget if I've posted, but I've certainly been reading... the signal/noise ration in this thread is abnormally low, so it's kinda hard to follow along. I keep getting the feeling I must've missed something, but it turns out there just really hasn't been much worth talking about.
There are 18 pages of this game, which is a lot of a day one, and you can't find ANYTHING? This sticks me as a different version of "I'm so confused right now." It's a n excuse for not posting anything, and not encouraging for anything coming from you in the near future. Thanks for checking in.
vote: peers
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by garbagetree »

Peers wrote: There's a difference between "I don't think you'll do anything useful" and "I think you'll actively try to hurt the town". He's making his judgement based on how useful I am, not on how dangerous I am, and that sort of thinking only helps the scum who appear to be helpful but are working against the town.

Although given the responses, perhaps I should have said "I haven't found anything worth talking about since I cast my vote; everything important happened before that, everything since seems to have been childish banter about how boards are different and if suggesting a jester is scummy or not."
Actually the judgment that I made was that saying that you haven't seen anything to take about is a scum tell. It's just white noise so that the mod doesn't prod you or replace you. It doesn't help the town. I also heard a rumor that scum don't want to help the town, so I might have lept to conclusions at that point.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by garbagetree »

garbagetree wrote: Actually the judgment that I made was that saying that you haven't seen anything to take about is a scum tell. It's just white noise so that the mod doesn't prod you or replace you. It doesn't help the town. I also heard a rumor that scum don't want to help the town, so I might have lept to conclusions at that point.
But feel free to surprise me and post content, and or your thoughts. I would (and I assume other would) like to know what your thoughts are on the past 18 pages.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:39 am

Post by garbagetree »

Garnasha wrote: I've been thinking a bit about a mass roleclaim, but do we have enough active players for that? No good in mass claiming with mass meaning just half the players. And could somebody explain to me the pros and cons of a mass claim? That question prolly sounds noobish, and guess what? It is!
Please tell me you aren't serious.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #490 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:27 am

Post by garbagetree »

garbagetree wrote: But feel free to surprise me and post content, and or your thoughts. I would (and I assume other would) like to know what your thoughts are on the past 18 pages.
Peers wrote:Wow. All this has managed to be marginally less informative than the posts going on -before- someone decided saying "Nothing's going on" is a scumtell. Didn't think that was possible.
Shocking.

Is discussing the game and what's going on something that other people do? Look, if you want to be passive-aggressive about this and not defend yourself, you are not going to convince anyone to unvote you. You would be better off siting other games about when you were townie and did jack shit for helping the town because you never said anything maybe you could convince us with metagaming how you are consistently a horrible townie. That might be a better defense.

All you've done in your posts for the last two pages is:
1. complain that there is nothing interesting to talk about
2. complain that people are voting for you
3. be passive-aggressive about the whole situation (like "I know who I'm voting for tomorrow)

First of all, yes it is a scumtell. Despite that it's not on the mafiascum wiki for "finding mafia" it's actually one of the most effective tells I've seen in the forums setting. It's just a slightly different flavor of of the "I don't know what's going one."

Also, stop whining and carrying on that people are voting for you. You could share you opinions about the game, and who you think is scummy. Most people are not having a problem with that. Saying that there is nothing to talk about makes it so that all of this is everyone's fault but your own because they haven't been posting anything interesting to you.

This is day one. What would need to have happened for you to find interesting enough to talk about?
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #603 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:25 pm

Post by garbagetree »

I must say I'm impressed. I didn't think that you would actually do that and to such a great extent. I'm going to keep my vote on you (peers) for now, but I'm going to have to reread the last few pages. Skimming at 1 am, was not a wise choice.
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #672 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by garbagetree »

What is the vote count?
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #715 (isolation #24) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:21 pm

Post by garbagetree »

Skruffs wrote: Tarhalindur (4) - KilGrey, Peers, WomensRights
is this right?
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #717 (isolation #25) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:47 pm

Post by garbagetree »

garbagetree wrote:
Skruffs wrote: Tarhalindur (4) - KilGrey, Peers, WomensRights
is this right?
Actually aime
has 5 votes and 4 voters
oh and
uvote:peers

vote:Tarhalindur

kilgrey made good points about him
it was very moving
lakcing a defense
his reply didn't help him
let's get back on track
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #794 (isolation #26) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:45 pm

Post by garbagetree »

yeah, I am still here
I stand by my vote for tarh
when is the deadline?
garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #820 (isolation #27) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:48 pm

Post by garbagetree »

cicero wrote:It's too bad. It was a nice idea and even had deadlines so it wouldnt be too slow for the somethingawful people. Mcpaltp, when you go home, please tell them "go fuck yourself, san diego" for me, wouldja?

garbagetree
garbagetree
Townie
garbagetree
Townie
Townie

Post Post #823 (isolation #28) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:05 am

Post by garbagetree »

Garnasha wrote:maybe you're right here and I'm being OMGUS
y
(not OMGUS because I didn't vote him).
I don't see how OMGUS
y
and OMGUS are different because of the difference between a vote and a FoS. You are trying to cast suspicion on person who voted for you. It's the same thing.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”