Mafia 71: The Corsican Syndicate - Game over!

Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:35 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

Hello all,

I did a quick read of the thread yesterday. I think the reasons for voting waar are stupid. Whether you like it or not, waar got us out of the jokevote phase pretty damn fast and got discussion going, and that's something mafia isn't known for doing.

CKD did overreact and needs to be watched, but it's nothing to get lynched over. I'm glad he willingly sacrificed himself for the good of getting us out of jokevote phase.

The one that hit my scumdar as I was reading was Lazy, and after I get home from work today I will do a more detailed analysis of him.

Also, I replaced Alasdair. There is an urge inside me to continue his legacy. Must...control...desssireee....toooo....bandwagon
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:42 pm

Post by Lemming1607 »

oh saint freak <3 We love your omgus ways. It's so cute
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:28 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I am still comfortable with my vote on Waar, I found him scummy when I placed the vote and nothing has yet changed this. Even his unvote (on me) seemed scummy.

However, one other thing that has popped out to me I want to explore.
Dude, you OMGUS'd him because he went after you for overreacting. That's not scummy, that's called "getting us out of the jokevote phase". He unvoted because he didn't want a fast bandwagon.

Please explain how that is scummy
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:08 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

curiouskarmadog wrote: he never addressed how I was over reacting..he simply quoted me and said I was serious, when I obviously was joking.
He explained I believe twice how you were overreacting. YOU on the other hand choose to just ignore that, and you still do that. You need to get some glasses if you think he didn't think he did.

You were not obviously joking, because you garnered plenty of votes over THIS overreaction that you stipulate doesn't exist. Why do you think everyone voted you if you did nothing wrong?
CKD wrote: if you think I over reacted, maybe you could conitnue the "good" fight for him...where did I over react...also, why do you think his vote (at that point) was to get us out of the joke phase?...seems like you have a lot of insight into his motivation...care to explain?
Jesus you are like the epitome of strawman argument and loaded questions.

I already said it's not enough to garner a vote, but your ignorance is starting to make me question whether you are scum or not. I don't like how you just shrug everything off and explain how your OMGUS vote wasn't omgus and you really thought him scum for finding you scummy. That's scummy to me.

He didn't vote you to get out of jokevote phase. Strawman argument. He voted you because he thought you were scum, and as a side consequence, we got out of the joke vote phase. Please read what I said before you make something up and run with it.

[quote='CKD]
also, do you have any comments on the rest of my post?
[/quote]

no
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:11 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

curiouskarmadog wrote: he never addressed how I was over reacting..he simply quoted me and said I was serious, when I obviously was joking.
He explained I believe twice how you were overreacting. YOU on the other hand choose to just ignore that, and you still do that. You need to get some glasses if you think he didn't think he did.

You were not obviously joking, because you garnered plenty of votes over THIS overreaction that you stipulate doesn't exist. Why do you think everyone voted you if you did nothing wrong?
CKD wrote: if you think I over reacted, maybe you could conitnue the "good" fight for him...where did I over react...also, why do you think his vote (at that point) was to get us out of the joke phase?...seems like you have a lot of insight into his motivation...care to explain?
Jesus you are like the epitome of strawman argument and loaded questions.

I already said it's not enough to garner a vote, but your ignorance is starting to make me question whether you are scum or not. I don't like how you just shrug everything off and explain how your OMGUS vote wasn't omgus and you really thought him scum for finding you scummy. That's scummy to me.

He didn't vote you to get out of jokevote phase. Strawman argument. He voted you because he thought you were scum, and as a side consequence, we got out of the joke vote phase. Please read what I said before you make something up and run with it.
CKD wrote: also, do you have any comments on the rest of my post?
no

fixed tags
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:44 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

CKD you could also you know, respond to his post instead of trying to deflect attention to your unanswered questions.

Or in someway reference them so that we all don't think you're just ignoring what everyone has said, cause I completely agree with this entire page pretty much.

Also going to read back and explain in detail how you overreacted as per your request
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:08 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:thank you for fixing the tags.
no prob dude

curiouskarmadog wrote: he didnt explain it, please provide a post number where he explained it. All he did was quote me.
First of all this isn't an english class. I got from the tone of the original post you made that you were not joking. You keep saying you were "obviously" joking, when it wasn't obvious at all. It looked like you were raising your eyebrow at someone putting a second vote on to a joke bandwagon, implying that you saw something fishy. That's what I saw, and to me that's overreacting to jokevotes.

As Chronx said, everyone knows they're going to have the limelight on them at some point in the game, and townies win even if they are dead. Scum are the ones trying to stay alive the entire game. Yes it's wrong to lynch townies, but overdefensive is not what a townie should act like if they know their death also helps the town through information, even if we don't believe them.

as for a post, this is the post he explained himself:
waar wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:I never said I was half way anywhere.
That wasn't directed towards you, it was directed towards WomensRights
curiouskarmadog wrote:still confused here, how did I over react?
The first post I quoted when I voted for you is where you over reacted
while you were arguing semantics he is arguing scumminess.
CKD da best mafia scum player ever wrote: He never answered how asking questions and statements like "now that just hurts, BM" was serious or an over reaction. You think that post was a over reaction?
Again this isn't an english class. Second, why are you choosing that one sentence as what we find as overreacting? It's the rest of the post that I find to find overreacting. Why are you picking and choosing words?
I will even repost the quote that was the "over reaction" and "serious" and spawned the BW...(again, this question is not just for Lemming, it is for all the BWers, who voted for me, claiming it was an over reaction)
curiouskarmadog wrote: This was an over reaction? You think I was serious, when I told BM I was hurt? I was basically poking fun at BM calling him a hypocrite, without calling him one (which btw, he got the joke) If I was serious or over reacting, why didn’t I even FoS him?
FoSing is stupid first of all, and if you've noticed I haven't FoS'd you at all this entire time...must mean I'm joking right?
CKD wrote: Also, you said.
Lemming1607 wrote:
That's not scummy, that's called "getting us out of the jokevote phase". He unvoted because he didn't want a fast bandwagon.
Reading that statement, it sounds like you knew was Waar’s motivation was. That was a result of his vote, but you state he is not being scummy, because he is getting us out of the joke vote stage...just because his post got us out of the joke vote stage, that clears him in your mind?
AGAIN you are making strawman arguments. I never said it clears him. I'm telling you what I saw, and I thought the reasons for voting for waar was stupid. I think its a townie move to get us out of the jokevote phase.

Christ you seriously need to stop strawmaning everything I say.

As for waar I probably understand him alot better than some other players. I "get" his jokes and his reasoning, because we sorta think alike. Ask anyone that played Diablo mafia. Everytime waar made a joke people thought he was serious, and I told people he was joking...they thought we were linked and post game showed us to be two regular townies.

So yes, defending someone else clearly implies we're linked and could in no way mean anything else :roll:

ALSO, I'm getting this weird vibe from you that you're doing your best to discredit me and make everyone think that waar and I talk out of thread and are cheating. You keep implying that I know his reasoning. There's only one way for that to happen and it's called cheating.

If you think we're cheating you best just say it instead of your stupid ass passive aggressive shit.

Before you come in here with "what where you're lying" I'm going to quote you.
curiouskarmadog wrote:also, why do you think his vote (at that point) was to get us out of the joke phase?...seems like you have a lot of insight into his motivation...care to explain?
curiouskarmadog wrote: Reading that statement, it sounds like you knew was Waar’s motivation was.
So either accuse me or stop being retarded
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:01 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:wow, jump in assumptions...your answer should have been I dont know what his motivation was, I am just guessing...you were acting like you knew his motivation when he never stated it.
why would I know what his motivation was...the way you phrased it was passive aggressive accusation of me talking to him out of thread. How could you take it any other way? Knowing one's motivation means we talked. Don't backpedal on it.
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:04 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Lemming suggests that he was not acting scummy, that he as getting us out of the joke stage..How does he know that is what waar was doing?
CKD you really need to work on your reading comprehension...if you look at the last page I ALREADY ADDRESSED THIS. I NEVER SAID WAAR WAS TRYING TO GET US OUT OF JOKE VOTE PHASE.

You AGAIN are using strawman arguments to say something I did not say. AFTER I already addressed your question. Why are you blatantly ignoring what I said trying to make a connection out of where there is none?

The only thing I can think of of someone doing this is scum, so I think you're scum now.

VOTE: CKD
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

Lemming1607 wrote: He didn't vote you to get out of jokevote phase. Strawman argument. He voted you because he thought you were scum, and as a side consequence, we got out of the joke vote phase. Please read what I said before you make something up and run with it.
CKD this is for you reference for future posts so you don't misquote me. I don't trust you to actually do any research on what I actually said.

Before you megapost me I think you should run my quotes by me so I can explain what I said so you don't misrepresent what I said. thx
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:12 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I am telling you I didnt even think that..dont need to back pedal, trust me if I thought you were doing that..I would say it (anybody here who has played with me before knows I think it, I say)

I was just trying to see if there was a link between the two of you (in game). You said he wasnt being scummy, he was just ending the joke vote stage...I wondered why you would come out and say what his motivation was when a.) he has never stated that he intended to end the joke vote stage and b.) you supposedly dont know his alignment.

I found it out..I could have misread that, but instead of explaining it to me (because apparently I am a fucking retard) you chose to go the "we are not talking outside of the thread" route, which I didnt even consider.
It was the way you worded it, and with the whole "Hey these SA guys are talking out of thread" paranoia I've seen from players, that's how I saw it. I still don't see how you can think we knew each other's motivation through events in game though, that's why I interpreted as such.

And yes you are fucking retarded, and I agree with you on that :) If you're willing to admit mistakes, then
UNVOTE

Scum never like to admit mistakes
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:03 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

I think it's pretty apparent St Freak doesn't want to contribute, so throwing a vote for him until he does.

VOTE: Saint Freak
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:25 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

unless the game ends if the jester wins, I don't really care about jesters. Plus they are the exception to the rule, and you can't just go around thinking, "oh god what if he's the jester." No one would get lynched.

I think he's just a shitty player that refuses to contribute
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:50 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

Saint Freak wrote:
Lemming1607 wrote: I think he's just a shitty player that refuses to contribute

So you don't think I'm scum, but it would still be AWESOME to lynch me anyhoo. Way to be town-esque
is this one of those "if I defend myself I will look scummy" arguments? cause it's pretty funny
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by Lemming1607 »

dude you've posted 5 times and YET have to defend yourself at all. You're totally scum
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by Lemming1607 »

I'm feeling pretty good about my vote, how about the rest of ya
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Lemming1607 »

if Saint Freak isn't going to contribute, can we at least get him replaced?
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:46 pm

Post by Lemming1607 »

great, now I have to get replaced somehow so I can replace kilgrey
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

Peers wrote:Wow. Well, I know who I'm voting for in day two...
You come out with how you're going to OMGUS him AND you don't think there's any meaningful discussion that you should talk about?

no opinions at all?

I don't think you should have the chance to OMGUS garbagetree

UNVOTE VOTE Peers
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #19) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:24 pm

Post by Lemming1607 »

wow kilgrey...that's actually pretty damning.

UNVOTE
for now. I'm going to reread and then vote again
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:49 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

Peers wrote:Maybe with how this group tends to jump all over people for barely-scummy behavior, he's worried about guessing wrong and voting for someone that makes everyone else jump on him?
god forbid we ask create discussion
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:07 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

Tarhalindur wrote: Frankly, I fail to see how answering someone's points against me is good for the town
I haven't posted much, sorry...been working 16 hour shifts all weekend.

My quick skim caught this, and frankly...it's the scummiest thing I've seen.

He pretty much sets up that he will not defend himself at all for the entire game. Then does a stupid "guys I'm town so my life is meaningless." Townies rarely say that, it's more scum trying to look townie.

VOTE Tarhalindur
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:07 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

Lemming1607 wrote:
Peers wrote:Maybe with how this group tends to jump all over people for barely-scummy behavior, he's worried about guessing wrong and voting for someone that makes everyone else jump on him?
god forbid we create discussion
EBWOP
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:52 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

there's no way Alby is town. Town wouldn't want to distract the entire game like this. I'm calling bullshit.

UNVOTE VOTE Alby
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:43 pm

Post by Lemming1607 »

hello all

I'm responding to my prod. I completely forgot about this game and I thought I had been replaced.

I don't have time to take notes but I will skim the thread before wednesday and put my vote out
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (isolation #25) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by Lemming1607 »

hey I'm here picking up my prod. I will post as soon as the holidays are done. I'm at my grandma's house. Just letting everyone know I haven't given up. We will persevere!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”