Mafia 74: Minimally Flavoured - Game over!

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #63 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:47 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Back from the holidays..updating games…
egruntz wrote:What the hell is going on? Wonderful way to start off the game, guys!

I, personally, find the first day to be completely useless. It's happened many times: tons of discussion, just to get back where we started, and in the end we all just vote for no lynching.

On the first day, I think it'd be best to not lynch at all. If we just take out a random guess, we could end up hurting ourselves in the process.

I'm not voting for it just yet, to see if any discussion can be born from this; but seriously, stop voting randomly for idiotic reasons.
Wow, what a scummy first post. I for one am not going to be voting for a no lynch. I think this post can be excused because he is a “townsperson” but interested in seeing what develops from this one.
egruntz wrote:
I've always found it better to have no lynching occur on the first day. As I've said, it there's been plenty occasions where the first day would occur for weeks, and nothing gets accomplished. You really don't get much information about each other from the start as it is, and that's what makes the beginning of this game slow and rather dull.

@Bookitty
You're the one rushing to conclusions. I've said one thing so far, a common one at that, and you've already gone and voted for me. There's nothing scummy about my post, heck I didn't even except anyone to lay a FOS on me because of it.

However, I'm still all for no lynching.
There is a ton of information on Day 1...you might not use it until later Days..the fact that you want to give the mafia a free shot at us screams scum or maybe just new. So what happens if we all vote no lynch right now? The day ends, mafia gets a kill, then Day 2 starts with little information we are in the same position as Day 1, but less someone.

Quit pushing bad play.
OhGodMyLife wrote:
Unvote, Vote: The Fonz

Fonz, surely you noticed that though it says townsperson under his name, he's talking like, and now told us, that he's played a lot on other sites. That was a pretty shaky reason to go after Bookitty.
QFT
egruntz wrote:
Well, obviously you think I'm scum, since you voted for me. If not, then what a poor reason to vote for someone. All that I've said is that it'd be best to skip the lynch for the first day. Surely you shouldn't vote for me, just for stating my opinions?

That right there shows horrible quality in a mafia player.
so you think she is a bad mafia player for voting for you for "poor" reasons, yet you have not attacked anyone who is voting just to band wagon...comments?
Xylthixlm wrote:
liamcool wrote:Erhm, exactly my point. If we choose to lynch someone randomly, with the odds of 3-4/18 being mafia, there's a pretty good chance that we'll lynch one of
our own people
. If we skip the first round and only lose one of
the town
instead of two, then we can keep
the town
living longer.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't vote or lynch randomly. It'll most likely effect
the town.
Someone is trying too hard to appear protown.

Unvote, Vote liamcool

wow did catch this the first time I read it….lol

I agree here,
vote liamcool

However,
FoS Fonz
for reasons already stated

Egruntz, how do you purpose we “gather” information day 1 with out random votes or even an FoS? Also, please provide topics that can be discussed that do not involve vote conversation. I dont care if states he has played on other sites, he is demostrating poor logic. Does that mean scum?...have to wait and see. I am interested to hear his responses.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #66 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:55 am

guess that is why I didnt catch this the first time I read it..should of went back to check

unvote

although I dont agree with Bookitty, if it was going to be discovered anyway, why wouldnt someone who is scum (or town) bring it to light?

egruntz, care to address my other questions though?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #84 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:44 pm

Please quit referencing on going games...I assume everyone read the global rules, right?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #130 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:13 am

vote Mills
, on gut for now.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #161 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:49 am

still feel good with my gut vote on Mills currently
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #181 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:25 am

In reference to my gut, I have found out recently (and can provide the game if you are really curious) that if I vote my gut right off the bat I have a better shot of hitting scum. The reason it is gut is because it is a weak case at best (we are still in Day 1 and know next to nothing) and not worth putting out there at this point. Besides if I did, people would say I was scummy because I was trying to stretch for a case. But look, Mills did anyway. At any rate, if I have time (have other games I need to update more thoroughly before this one) if you really want what gave me the vibe, I will post it. Mills's above OMGUS post adds to it.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #240 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:44 pm

I am behind on this game(and a couple others)...I need to reply to Mills from pages ago and have not read the past two pages...(so
unvote
for now)...I will hopefully get caught back up in a day or 3.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #327 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:17 pm

I am here, now that the site isnt taking me 10 minutes per post, I will get caught up over the weekend...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #342 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:46 am

actually I would rather ask, are you still looking for a replacement?

Dont know if I am buying the "I need a replacement" bit.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #344 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:51 am

well, so much for that theory...

I have got to read the game..I havent had the time.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #357 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:05 am

nope, not trying to be active, I am really quite inactive...just no time to reread this game, other games are heating up and require my mafia time.

so when someone has a melt down and wants a replacement that is scummy to you?

please list Mill's scummy actions (or if you have already posted this case, give me a post number)...I felt he could have been scummy, but that was more gut than anything
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #364 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:02 pm

Antithesis wrote: I just want the madness to stop! I am the town alligned cop. Now, do as thou will, frankly, I don't give a fuck.
wtf? well, now what will those who have there vote on Mills do?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #373 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:23 am

tried to post yesterday after the mills post, but kept getting the CPU overload page.
OhGodMyLife wrote:Gee thanks for the input mills. You're a real pal.

Unvote, Vote: CKD
for still not making any contribution even with the deadline fast approaching.

Antithesis, who's looking the most suspicious to you?
aww, now look OGML and Panzer's votes are soo cute. Ask yourself this, why are they focusing on me who is actually posting (even though it is quite little) over those who are not posting at all? Panzer's vote I can understand, even though I find it hypocritical. Panzer, I bet I wont have to dig ever far in your meta to disocver you posting very little in a game or even getting replaced for not posting at all (but do I really need to?). I think Panzer might be just trying to stir shit to see what develops. WHich could be townish. However, OGML, he is basically taking the lynch the lurker attitude to jump on a develoing bandwagon early. He is hoping I turn into the next bandwagon before the lynch comes down.

vote ohgodmylife

now that I have voted and provided some content, I wonder if he will take his vote off or backtrack and come up with another reason. Answer me this, ogml, why are you focusing on me after Panzer vote, versus people WHO ARE ACTUALLY LURKING THIS GAME? I think that your reason is bullshit...now that I have posted, what next?

I bet your at a loss, here I will give you another crap reason, "I am keeping my vote on CKD because only scum OMGUS vote"...cross your fingers and hope the town believes that one.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #378 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:36 am

lol, you jsut missed it OGML, Panzer did it for you.

You could have summed all that up wtih Lynch the Lurker, Panzer.

Now what will you do about all the other lurkers? Guess they will be on your list tomorrow?..hey, maybe if you are lucky, you might actually find scum?...I mean, you do want to find scum, right Panzer? I wonder how long you will ride the lynch the lurker plan.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #415 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:51 am

OhGodMyLife wrote:I know at this point there's no way the eteo lynch will get derailed, but I'm still against it. Yes, that last so called post of his was
exceptionally
obnoxious, but that could come just as easily from fed up or simply apathetic scum or town. The play by DS that got him into the position he was in when eteo replaced was just plain stupid more than it was scummy, and I really believe that his wagon has been orchestrated and ridden by at least one if not more of the scum.

CKD, sorry, but that was total OMGUS directed at me, which you obviously knew when you tried to downplay it by preempting anyone else's comments on this point. The fact that you then use anybody pointing that out as an argument against them is even worse. You wanna know why I came after you instead of the people who were absent altogether? Because I was hoping it would get a reaction out of you, and what do you know, I'm so lucky that between me and Panzer you actually grossly overreacted.
better pull up my socks, this posts was full of all times of shit.

how have I overreacted? and even if I did overreact please explain why overreacting is scummy. When someone votes you for crap reasons, how do YOU react? So you didnt go after anyone else because you wanted a reaction out of me? that doesnt make any sense. No one else would have given you a reaction? How do you know that? I think you were just following Panzer on what you hoped turned into a bandwagon....how long are you going to hold your vote on me before you realize it is useless and you need jump on another bandwagon to lynch another townie?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #417 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:27 am

so when I dont post, I am scummy...when I do post I am over defensive (which you label as scummy)..

nice..and since OMGL agrees with you, you find nothing scummy about his vote and posting?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”