Large Normal 202 - Flavorful Mafia - Game Over!

podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2802 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:19 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2798, LicketyQuickety wrote:Ava AND Umalaut are both doing NOTHING to convince me they are Town.
What is it gonna take to satisfy you? I made walls. I've done everything plausible to explain how seemingly the one thing that's been used to scumread me is untrue.

He even came back and made that clear.
In post 2799, Transcend wrote:i literally woke up saw lowell was l-1 in the vc and hammered for memes

(:
This is not what I did. It's apparent that this isn't what I did if you were playing the game at the time. Scumreading me for some supposed hypocrisy on this is bullshit.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2839 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:24 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2835, Firebringer wrote:VOTE: podo
This is L-1. Claim incoming. There's gonna be a wall.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2840 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:24 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2838, Umlaut wrote:UNVOTE: podoboq
Having second thoughts after his posting today
Or not. Whatever, I'm ready to claim if I'm put back on L-1. I still have a big post I need to make.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2848 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:43 am

Post by podoboq »

So Avagantimos was a project, and I needed a few played games under some alt so I could pass it off to a friend for stuff (I can't elaborate more on this at this moment.)

So I was trying to tinker with some new meta stuff in this game, and I've been playing very differently from my normal town game in the sake of mixing things up. Part of that has been lurking. I wanted to see how a town would respond to me when I'm making the same controversial reads if I don't post them as often, and hammering Chickadee was a miscalculated attempt to experiment with that some more. I read Chickadee as likely scum (partially because I thought her claim was unlikely in the context of Fykus's), but I didn't post much about that in thread at the time, because I was trying to be less present. In my scum games, and my town games, I'm frequently in the upper 10% of players when it comes to post frequency, but I made an effort to stay in the lower half this game to see how it changed how players read me and how it affected other facets of how I play.

I think tinkering with my meta, and trying out some new playstyles, has led to a lot of the hand-wavey scumreads on me, where people are scumreading me for {reasons}, but not necessarily able to elaborate upon them. I look self contradictory to people, and maybe fake, and I think that's understandable all things considered. I've also been distracted by a very rough semester, but as always, IRL stories shouldn't necessarily be assumed to be true, so I understand if that doesn't mean anything to people.

This last day has hurt mostly because of the stress of the game doubling-up on that real-world stress. When I simply haven't had the time to actually read, and make up for my lurking with a complete readslist, and it's now more necessary than ever, it's just a position I've never been put into in a game of Mafia, and I DO have mostly myself to blame for that.

I fucked up and alt-slipped, so now I'm locked into playing as the normal me for the rest of this game. That's part of the reason I asked fro99er to officially replace the slot. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that I'm busy, so a full catch-up is still gonna have to wait a couple days.

I hope this brings some amount of clarity to what's been going on with me this game. I think I had a responsibility to provide a little debrief on why Avagantimos was even a thing. If I get stuck on L-1, I intend to claim, but obviously it was my intention to not get to that point in the first place.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2849 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:46 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2843, Firebringer wrote:Ava played up their newbieness in order to evacuee actions.
I never pretended to be a newb. I never intended to play poorly. You mistook poor play for newbieness, and that's on your part, but as Avagantimos, I never hid the fact that I was experienced here. I was open about the fact that it was an alt, and I used the vocabulary that I had developed through player here. If you thought Avagantimos was a new player, that's a mistake on your part.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2853 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:58 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2841, keyenpeydee wrote:Podo, why did you quickhammer Chickadee again?
I hammered Chickadee early. That's not how I define a quickhammer. A quickhammer comes when town is not ready for the slot to be lynched. I wouldn't have done that if there were still a discussion happening about whether or not she was going to be lynched. There seemed to be a consensus, and I was happy to see the slot lynched. I made note a few times in thread that I would vote there. I did so without providing some kind of official intent-to-hammer. Outside of this lynch, I don't believe I've ever lynched a slot without providing intent as town or scum, but something about playing on an alt felt liked it absolved me of consequence in that decision, and I had seen other players do it (as either alignment) so I wanted to try it out. Transcend's more egregious offense, and the way that was hand-waved as acceptable, gave me some strength to do it myself, so when I was universally scumread for doing so and flashwagoned out of the gate at the beginning of day three, it felt like the entire town was being hypocritical, while calling me out as being hypocritical for doing it in the first place.

I was also trying to get back in town's good graces, and I was gambling that I was hammering scum, and that it would help me moving forward, but clearly I lost my gamble, and it had the opposite effect.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2855 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:06 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2852, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2849, podoboq wrote:
In post 2843, Firebringer wrote:Ava played up their newbieness in order to evacuee actions.
I never pretended to be a newb. I never intended to play poorly. You mistook poor play for newbieness, and that's on your part, but as Avagantimos, I never hid the fact that I was experienced here. I was open about the fact that it was an alt, and I used the vocabulary that I had developed through player here. If you thought Avagantimos was a new player, that's a mistake on your part.
Ohh wow, so now you are on hot seat your take of kids gloves and play hyper competent?
No.

You played poorly because you believed you could get away with it because scum.
Simple as that
I'm never "hyper competent." Historically, my reads suck, and I never get night-killed because I'm viewed as a liability to the town because of it. If you're expecting that this replace-in is my way of saying "game-on" you're wrong. I made a mistake, and now I have to take the mask off of my previous play and defend why I was playing differently from how I normally do.

I'm not saying I didn't play poorly. I did. I was trying new things, and I wasn't experienced enough to do a good job at it.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2860 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:19 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2857, keyenpeydee wrote:So are we still gonna push for Podo lynch or what?
But I'll go with this:
VOTE: Umlaut
When most players have said that the only result of today is an Umlaut or Avagantimos lynch, and Umlaut is
defending
his opponent in the arena, for you to
still
read him as scum and be willing to vote for him just doesn't make sense. Umlaut and I are town. I'm not going to be able to construct a convincing case on scum, but I'll be able to put some kind of a case together in a couple of days when school calms down for me. Umlaut and I aren't the only people responsible for scum hunting, though, and for town to be putting that responsibility on us and not taking that responsibility on themselves is simply depressing.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2861 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:24 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2859, Firebringer wrote:You have been playing towards scum win con this whole game...
I have attempted to lynch scum. I thought Lowell was scum, I provided reasons as to why I thought he was scum, and then we lynched him.

Same with Chickadee. You were a part of that lynch. While I could have hammered before a claim, and without giving town time to unvote and discuss other options, I waited, and made sure that I was playing with town and doing what the rest of the town wanted.

Now, when the lynch is between me and Umlaut, and I know Umlaut is town, I'm arguing for his life knowing that it will only raise pressure on me, because letting town knowingly lynch town is playing to the scum wincondition.

I have been playing with the town this entire game, and just because I made some mistakes along the way doesn't mean I'm not playing to my win condition.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2867 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:34 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2865, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2861, podoboq wrote:him.

Same with Chickadee. You were a part of that lynch. While I could have hammered before a claim, and without giving town time to unvote and discuss other options, I waited, and made sure that I was playing with town and doing what the rest of the town wanted.
Wtf?
No, I wasn't part of that lynch.

I directly told all you morons that lynching her was stupid because she was confirmed not the Ninja.

can we lynch podo now?
Sorry, I thought I was arguing at keyenpeedee, and I was just looked up the lynch votes for reference.
In post 2493, Fro99er wrote:
Vote Count 2.09
VO
TE
COU
NT

Transcend (1): Creature
Eddie Cane (2): Chickadee, LicketyQuickety
Chickadee (7): Fykus, keyenpeydee, Eddie Cane, Umlaut, gerryoat, Transcend, Avagantimos
Umlaut (1): Firebringer
Avagantimos (1): PeregrineV

Not Voting (1): aronagrundy

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 2 has ended!
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2869 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:35 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2865, Firebringer wrote:No, I wasn't part of that lynch.
To your credit, you weren't a part of either mislynch. Sorry for the mistake.

You're still angling to be on both of today's prospective mislynches, so there's that.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2942 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:16 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2930, Firebringer wrote:like, if you are going to play a alternate play style, I would hope you still TRY TO FORMULATE READS AND OPINIONS if you are town.
I was doing that, though. And I was expressing those opinions and reads every so often, but I took a step back and wasn't loud about them because people always scumread me for terrible reads. Normally I stick by them and yell about them, but this game I took my opportunity to play differently by being less vocal about them.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3016 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 3015, Transcend wrote:Hey pod

I skimmed your iso

I want less defense of yourself and more attacking other players. Currently there's 2 bws opposing Umlaut and yourself. I know you're voting gerry rn but what do you make of keyen? What do you think about Creature's vanity voting? What do you make of PV's recent posting?
This is the goal for tomorrow. Final was turned in today. Might have time during work, otherwise getting to it tomorrow evening.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3112 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 3061, Umlaut wrote:I'm a VT. I'll get a read list up today if there's time.
In post 3066, Firebringer wrote:I actually thought Gerry was the universal back up tbh.
Not sure what that makes him. Maybe scum.
In post 3076, Firebringer wrote:The key wagon was shit.
I am just wondering wtf is gerry
In post 3078, Firebringer wrote:Ohhh I can hammer:
VOTE: umlaut
In post 3079, Firebringer wrote:If this flips town, you guys can call me shit.
Y
o
u
'
r
e
s
h
i
t

But I don't think you're scum. I just think it's supremely shitty that instead of going down the much smarter gerry path, you decided to hammer a person who was promising a reads list in the near future before they were lynched.

VOTE: gerryoat
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3253 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:54 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3249, Eddie Cane wrote:show of hands, if I vote someone how many of you will sheep me blindly?
No. You're basically conftown, but that doesn't mean your reads are good.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3258 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:10 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3254, Eddie Cane wrote:that wasn't the question teach
I answered your question. I won't sheep you.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3260 (isolation #16) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:20 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3259, Eddie Cane wrote:you also lectured me you're an ic in the newbie queue
What?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3279 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:06 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3278, LicketyQuickety wrote:Hi everyone. I have a question for you all:

Why is gerry Town?
He isn't. Next question.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3282 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 3280, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 3279, podoboq wrote:
In post 3278, LicketyQuickety wrote:Hi everyone. I have a question for you all:

Why is gerry Town?
He isn't. Next question.
Can we lynch gerry?
I'm already voting there
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3349 (isolation #19) » Tue May 02, 2017 1:24 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3314, Transcend wrote:actualy im hung over as fuck and don't want to read it

in the back of my mind he's still scum but i'll just trust your judgment for now

VOTE: podoboq
In post 3320, Transcend wrote:you should L-1 him btw

this slot needs more pressure
When gerryoat was on L-2, and I was on L-3, Transcend voted me and said I needed to be brought to L-1. When gerryoat flips scum, just keep that in mind.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3352 (isolation #20) » Tue May 02, 2017 2:15 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3351, Transcend wrote:we're unofficially massclaiming btw

ur up first buddo
Let me know when it's official. Until then, I'm gonna just keep voting gerry.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3357 (isolation #21) » Tue May 02, 2017 4:27 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3354, Eddie Cane wrote:podo, you're getting lynched if your next post isn't a claim.
I'm at L-2 and I'm a VT.

What now?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3362 (isolation #22) » Tue May 02, 2017 5:17 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3359, Transcend wrote:
In post 2839, podoboq wrote:
In post 2835, Firebringer wrote:VOTE: podo
This is L-1. Claim incoming. There's gonna be a wall.
In post 2840, podoboq wrote:
In post 2838, Umlaut wrote:UNVOTE: podoboq
Having second thoughts after his posting today
Or not. Whatever, I'm ready to claim if I'm put back on L-1. I still have a big post I need to make.
these posts don't really feel like podo was going to claim VT fwiw
This was the wall in question during day two. I wasn't going to claim before explaining myself, but Umlaut had unvoted, so the claim was no longer necessary.
Spoiler:
In post 2848, podoboq wrote:So Avagantimos was a project, and I needed a few played games under some alt so I could pass it off to a friend for stuff (I can't elaborate more on this at this moment.)

So I was trying to tinker with some new meta stuff in this game, and I've been playing very differently from my normal town game in the sake of mixing things up. Part of that has been lurking. I wanted to see how a town would respond to me when I'm making the same controversial reads if I don't post them as often, and hammering Chickadee was a miscalculated attempt to experiment with that some more. I read Chickadee as likely scum (partially because I thought her claim was unlikely in the context of Fykus's), but I didn't post much about that in thread at the time, because I was trying to be less present. In my scum games, and my town games, I'm frequently in the upper 10% of players when it comes to post frequency, but I made an effort to stay in the lower half this game to see how it changed how players read me and how it affected other facets of how I play.

I think tinkering with my meta, and trying out some new playstyles, has led to a lot of the hand-wavey scumreads on me, where people are scumreading me for {reasons}, but not necessarily able to elaborate upon them. I look self contradictory to people, and maybe fake, and I think that's understandable all things considered. I've also been distracted by a very rough semester, but as always, IRL stories shouldn't necessarily be assumed to be true, so I understand if that doesn't mean anything to people.

This last day has hurt mostly because of the stress of the game doubling-up on that real-world stress. When I simply haven't had the time to actually read, and make up for my lurking with a complete readslist, and it's now more necessary than ever, it's just a position I've never been put into in a game of Mafia, and I DO have mostly myself to blame for that.

I fucked up and alt-slipped, so now I'm locked into playing as the normal me for the rest of this game. That's part of the reason I asked fro99er to officially replace the slot. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that I'm busy, so a full catch-up is still gonna have to wait a couple days.

I hope this brings some amount of clarity to what's been going on with me this game. I think I had a responsibility to provide a little debrief on why Avagantimos was even a thing. If I get stuck on L-1, I intend to claim, but obviously it was my intention to not get to that point in the first place.

I was gonna make that post, and claim, but I wasn't going to just claim first and get hammered before I could explain the whole Avagantimos garbage. Context matters.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3365 (isolation #23) » Tue May 02, 2017 5:22 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3363, Transcend wrote:i was questioning the tone of your voice right before claiming

the tone doesn't sound like you were gonna claim vt
I don't know what "tone" you're talking about, but whatever. I don't like to claim in games unless I have something valuable for the town to use. Claiming VT is terrible, because it just means scum has no reason to nightkill me, and it doesn't help setup spec.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3368 (isolation #24) » Tue May 02, 2017 5:49 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3366, Transcend wrote:did you think you'd ever be a night kill this game tho?
One can hope
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3397 (isolation #25) » Wed May 03, 2017 5:04 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3394, PeregrineV wrote:
Town Depowered Double Voter.

All my double votes count for half of double, or one vote.

I choose to use both (one) of mine on gerry. Why won't you?
Spoiler:
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3402 (isolation #26) » Wed May 03, 2017 5:07 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3398, Transcend wrote:VOTE: pod

L1

No 1 hamer or els skum clameeee!!1!1!
In post 3399, Transcend wrote:VOTE: pod

Hameeeeeeeeered luulz
Spoiler:
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3405 (isolation #27) » Wed May 03, 2017 5:08 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3401, Eddie Cane wrote:VOTE: pod

k finally done stressing over this game

tomorrow is recommend arona or lq or creature

I don5 care if this is town, he's getting mislynched in lylo if so
Fucking great job. Gerry is a scumfuck, and you can go on and continue ignoring him.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3407 (isolation #28) » Wed May 03, 2017 5:09 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3401, Eddie Cane wrote:I don5 care if this is town
God, if you weren't basically conftown at this point.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3411 (isolation #29) » Wed May 03, 2017 5:12 am

Post by podoboq »

Before I flip, I want to point out that Creature just finished watching my scum game in Oddrole III. He knows how I play as scum, and he can see how different my play is between these two games, and not only is he not discussing that, but he's voting me anyway.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3415 (isolation #30) » Wed May 03, 2017 5:15 am

Post by podoboq »

From the dead thread of Oddrole III, where Creature got to sit back and watch my scum game:
Spoiler:
In post 38, GuiltyLion wrote:lol reading podoboq swindle TheBrie and Gingham is giving me intense flashbacks to ONUW5 where I figured out that he (podo) was scum and got so annoyed at how easily he was manipulating everyone else even though I could see right through what he was doing

the dude's great at scum haha. If I was playing this game and I thought he was scum I'd be so worked up rn

P-edit:
In post 3412, Transcend wrote:U no = luulhameer pod

Pod eez l1
Point stands.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3422 (isolation #31) » Wed May 03, 2017 5:27 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3417, Creature wrote:Hey podo, I can't really tell much difference from your play there. What's so noticeable different that I should've noticed?
For one, I was townread by every player in that game. I was caught in a lie on the last day, and convinced the Tracker who watched me that there must be a Scum Redirector, and got them to lynch town in five player LYLO. I was described by GL as "easily manipulating everyone," and got you lynched day one. Nothing about my play between these games is similar. This is my town game, where I have no information, and bad reads, have to just skate by and hope I catch on to something big, and towntell hard enough to survive.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3590 (isolation #32) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:03 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3589, aronagrundy wrote:Can we bring back the podo wagon
No. Can we bring back the gerry wagon?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3592 (isolation #33) » Thu May 04, 2017 5:15 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3591, Eddie Cane wrote:can we lynch crearure?
Maybe. I'm considering the possibility that he legitimately didn't pay attention to anything that was happening in Oddrole III. It's the only reason I'm not heavily advocating for his lynch or voting him right now.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3692 (isolation #34) » Sat May 06, 2017 7:34 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3691, aronagrundy wrote:or l-2. Whatever, he was in danger of being lynched
Yesterday's business was because I alt-slipped. I've been in danger of being lynched all game.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3700 (isolation #35) » Sun May 07, 2017 5:58 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3699, Creature wrote:podoboq, you gotta save yourself, specially if you're town.
Yeah, there's not really anything I can do that I haven't done already.

I've explained my reads, and why I think they're scummy, and we can't get town together to actually lynch them. Scum's refusing to vote their partners, so we need all but one town to actually lynch, and people refuse to cooperate. gerryoat has been clear scum this game, and scum continues to derail that wagon. I'm still not sold on you being scum, Creature, so I'm on gerry for the day.

In my experience, when people start trying to explain how they're game is towny, they just get wagoned anyway, so I can't really do that. Look at my Musical Mafia town game. It ended the same way for me. I was VT and town couldn't wrangle a lynch together because they refused to cooperate, so they settled on lynching someone that scum felt town would compromise on. I tried explaining how my game was towny, and scum angled for town cred by defending me and watching town lynch me anyway.

Like, why is the onus of responsibility on me? gerryoat is the other top wagon, and he townreads me, and he's doing nothing at all, and he's gonna survive, because scum has no incentive to keep bringing up his name and reminding people that he needs votes. According to gerryoat, we're mislynching if EITHER of us is the compromise wagon, and he's still sitting back and doing nothing at all while I get strung up, but I'm the only one pressuring it. Town has disappeared this game, and we're just gonna lose because nobody's listening to eachother. The entire town team needs to vote together (minus one) in order to NOT mislynch today, and they just aren't doing it.

I've never been good at rallying people as town, and even if I was, I'm being scumread by at least two of the town I think, so I just feel powerless.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3703 (isolation #36) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:16 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3702, aronagrundy wrote:But podo, you've been sitting back the past couple days too. You only show up when you get brought up. You're playing 100% defensively
Did you read anything I wrote or did you just intend to poorly TL;DR my post so that people don't pay attention to it?

Why is the burden of proving myself or else get lynched on me alone instead of also being on gerryoat, who also claims to townread me.

Everyone has been sitting back the past couple days, but I'm uniquely scummy for feeling dejected and removed from this game and doing the same thing?

When you're always the top wagon, every thing you do is a reaction, so saying I'm only playing defensively is ignoring the context of the situation.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3713 (isolation #37) » Sun May 07, 2017 7:52 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3710, Eddie Cane wrote:or we do creature like the ic wants and everyone ignores
Town needs to vote together to lynch. I can compromise on Creature if you refuse to vote gerryoat.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3717 (isolation #38) » Sun May 07, 2017 8:31 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3714, aronagrundy wrote:podo what are your lynch preferences
Gerry > Creature > | probably you or LQ.

I can't see lynching anyone else today.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3718 (isolation #39) » Sun May 07, 2017 8:31 am

Post by podoboq »

VOTE: Creature
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3810 (isolation #40) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:01 am

Post by podoboq »

I don't think I've seen LYLO start with someone sitting on two votes before, but...OK? Chances of lynching scum here are essentially 50/50, and LQ is probably in the scummier half, so I can see myself voting there, but this seems....fast.

I'd probably lynch any one of gerry, LQ, or arona today.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3812 (isolation #41) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:04 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3811, Firebringer wrote:So your two teammates and a townie?
Yeah, that one.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3813 (isolation #42) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:05 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3811, Firebringer wrote:So your two teammates and a townie?
Wait, which one of those do you actually think is town?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3815 (isolation #43) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:08 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3814, Firebringer wrote:Do you really not know?
Probably arona. You mentioned that you might be wrong about gerryoat.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3822 (isolation #44) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:18 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3816, Transcend wrote:why the fuck do you townread me

can you explain your transition me going from scum to town when you were tunneled on me for the first 2 days?
After Chickadee flipped town, I kinda just threw out the way I was looking at the game and decided to redraw my reads, because clearly they weren't going well.

The day one business was because I thought the way you started the Lowell wagon was fake. Our bullshit day two was almost entirely because I was pissed about your hammer.

I think coming out of the gate today with a vote on LQ is bad, but I think you're doing it as town. You also want to lynch gerry, so when your two preferred lynches of the day are on two of my three, it looks like a good sign that I was wrong about you in the beginning.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3827 (isolation #45) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:22 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3825, Firebringer wrote:Podo give up.
We already know it's you and those other two.

Stop embarrassing yourself
I suppose I have a maximum of two in game days to put together a case on scum arona. Maybe while I work on that, don't throw away the game by refusing to look at it. Just a thought. I'll probably work on it during the night phase assuming LQ flips red here.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3830 (isolation #46) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:24 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3828, Transcend wrote:what do you make of my isodumps on lq/gerry, podo?
I'm pretty sold on them being a team. I already was on gerry, and I felt shitty right after LQ's hammer yesterday.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3833 (isolation #47) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:25 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3831, Transcend wrote:are you certain enough to L-1 him?
No. A good number of the players in this game haven't even come back to the thread yet.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3835 (isolation #48) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:25 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3832, aronagrundy wrote:Podo what are your thoughts on transcend
In post 3822, podoboq wrote:
In post 3816, Transcend wrote:why the fuck do you townread me

can you explain your transition me going from scum to town when you were tunneled on me for the first 2 days?
After Chickadee flipped town, I kinda just threw out the way I was looking at the game and decided to redraw my reads, because clearly they weren't going well.

The day one business was because I thought the way you started the Lowell wagon was fake. Our bullshit day two was almost entirely because I was pissed about your hammer.

I think coming out of the gate today with a vote on LQ is bad, but I think you're doing it as town. You also want to lynch gerry, so when your two preferred lynches of the day are on two of my three, it looks like a good sign that I was wrong about you in the beginning.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3836 (isolation #49) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:26 am

Post by podoboq »

So I'm not gonna gamble that the only four people in thread are all four of the town.

I at least want to see what the third vote on him is going to be before I vote there. If it's gerry, I'm gonna want to think about it.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3837 (isolation #50) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:27 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3771, aronagrundy wrote:I think it's hard to believe that no scum has been pushing podo if he'd town, and at this point that leaves fire
In post 3773, aronagrundy wrote:Unrelated to podo but fire was actively avoiding the thread yesterday
I can see a possibility of Firebringer here being third scum instead of arona. I'm gonna have homework to do during the night phase.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3841 (isolation #51) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:30 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3839, Transcend wrote:if fire is scum and transcend is town then why doesn't fire vote you when i'm nearly guaranteed to sheep him given i'm in his pocket?
Are you seriously sheeping him that hard? Does he know you're sheeping him that hard?

And maybe he's scum, LQ's town, and I'm just wrong about everything. It wouldn't be the first time.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3844 (isolation #52) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:31 am

Post by podoboq »

For what it's worth, this will be my first LYLO since my first newbie game here, where scum literally gave up because he felt like he was being too much of a dick.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3846 (isolation #53) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:32 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3844, podoboq wrote:For what it's worth, this will be my first LYLO since my first newbie game here, where scum literally gave up because he felt like he was being too much of a dick.
So I just want to be extra careful. If you're not second guessing yourself over-and-over again at this point in the game, after only lynching town, you're either too lazy to put the thought in or you're scum.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3848 (isolation #54) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:33 am

Post by podoboq »

I think Peregrine is town. I'm not lynching somebody without him coming back to the thread first, because as far as I'm concerned, we shouldn't be able to get scum lynched without him.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3854 (isolation #55) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:37 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3851, Transcend wrote:podoboq is your philosophy that no scum is going to bus today and all 4 town votes are required to lynch scum today?
Unless scum completely sees the writing on the wall and is throwing in the towel, yeah. That said, I've never played a seven-player LYLO.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3857 (isolation #56) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:38 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3853, Transcend wrote:podo's day has been junk today zzz
The day started, like, two hours ago. And it was an accelerated night. I don't have VCA's and shit prepared. Sorry about that.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3860 (isolation #57) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:39 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3855, Transcend wrote:so if you're so sure LQ is scum, how come you think there's a chance fire might be bussing then?
If Fire is scum, I think LQ is town. I don't necessarily think it's likely, but I'm not writing off the possibility.

If LQ flips red, I think Firebringer's probably good.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3869 (isolation #58) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:49 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3856, LicketyQuickety wrote:No, we are not voting me. Voting me loses the game.

Trans, you change of read on me is shit, what the fuck are you thinking?

Why did you get off Gerry? That makes no sense.

I haven't voted Gerry because they haven't been a lynch candidate until later when its clearly shown they are playing like shit.

VOTE: Gerry

Also, Trans is no longer a Town read.
Who are scum, LQ? Go.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3880 (isolation #59) » Mon May 08, 2017 11:03 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3877, Transcend wrote:hey podoboq how come you didn't vote gerryoat when i did?

isn't he your strongest scumread?
I'm cautious. I don't think I'm going to vote anyone until PV comes back. Plus, LQ is voting there. I'm just saying, there's enough reason there for me not to bring him to L-1. I don't want to vote there because of gut just to have the game end when someone comes in and hammers it instantly. It would be an unceremonious end to a really shitty game for me.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4013 (isolation #60) » Tue May 09, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by podoboq »

Peregrine didn't have anything enlightening to say. I'm in.

VOTE: LQ
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4053 (isolation #61) » Fri May 12, 2017 4:03 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4051, Transcend wrote:Podoboq -

1. You didn't do any sorting yesterday, especially to LQ. However, you quickly reached the conclusion that LQ was scum because of PeregrineV's lack of content. PeregrineV is a low poster on this website. What did PeregrineV have to do with anything on the lynch.
I didn't decide LQ was scum
because
of PV's lack of content. I decided LQ was likely scum, and wanted to wait to vote until PV had a chance to say anything, because I think PV is obvtown.
In post 4051, Transcend wrote:2. I assume you tr me and scum read gerry. Yesterday you said you were thinking it was arona as third scum. Has this changed? If no, why do you think it's arona. If yes, what made the transition from arona to pv?
It's just PoE. You're town to me. Peregrine is town to me. That just leaves arona and Gerry.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4055 (isolation #62) » Fri May 12, 2017 5:12 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4054, Transcend wrote:Can you explain the read on arona more in depth rather than dismissing it as poe?
Sure, I'll try to explain what makes him scum independent of "he's the scummiest of the three people who I'm uncertain of," but it's gonna have to wait because I'm on mobile and working.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4124 (isolation #63) » Fri May 12, 2017 10:42 am

Post by podoboq »

bump because I want page top
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4125 (isolation #64) » Fri May 12, 2017 10:42 am

Post by podoboq »

I have a few minutes, so let's do this:

gerryoat

I see him as LQ's partner, and have been pulling for his lynch since the day that Umalut and I were the leading wagons, and nobody would move off onto gerry. Too me, gerry is scum, and if I'm wrong, I'm ready to lose the game.

aronagrundy

His ISO is basically impossible to read because he responds to people without quoting them. It's made it difficult to organize my thoughts on him, and it's a tactic I want to adopt in my scum games in the future because it's incredibly antitown, but subtle, and nobody will call you out for it.
In post 3690, aronagrundy wrote:He didn't do it just to "town his slot up" though. He did it because he was l-1
Yesterday, arona misrepped my day three altslip-catchup post as an attempt to not get lynched, rather than an attempt to explain my play.

This was a fun altercation we also had that day:
In post 3703, podoboq wrote:
In post 3702, aronagrundy wrote:But podo, you've been sitting back the past couple days too. You only show up when you get brought up. You're playing 100% defensively
Did you read anything I wrote or did you just intend to poorly TL;DR my post so that people don't pay attention to it?

Why is the burden of proving myself or else get lynched on me alone instead of also being on gerryoat, who also claims to townread me.

Everyone has been sitting back the past couple days, but I'm uniquely scummy for feeling dejected and removed from this game and doing the same thing?

When you're always the top wagon, every thing you do is a reaction, so saying I'm only playing defensively is ignoring the context of the situation.
arona mostly seems to be skating by this game without doing much. When he does participate, I find his posts useless, and very often just flat our wrong. Not in the way that reads are wrong, but in the way that he attempts to summarize other people's comments or thoughts. I find that ultimately scummy.

Transcend

Transcend's ISO is also impossible to read, but luckily the way he's playing is loud of enough that I can just remember most of it. One of the key reasons that I read Transcend is town is activity. Coming into seven player lylo, scum can just attempt to not make big enough waves and likely they'll audible into a victory at some point. But Transcend was attempting to game solve and sort people when doing so to that extreme a level is not only unnecessary as scum, but flat out disruptive to their avenue to win the game. Our game could have easily stalled out, and Transcend didn't let that happen, voted LQ, sorted gerry as LQ's partner, and lynched LQ. Transcend is town.

PeregrineV

Most of my townread on PV comes from his play near the end of day three. When the lynch of me or Umlaut seemed inevitable, and basically nobody was defending us, he came in to try to stop the situation, and voted off our wagons. Scum!PV could have continued to lurk, let us get mislynched, and been totally fine with it, but he almost got a wagon moving on gerryoat. That wagon was me, umlaut, and PV. Umlaut and I are town, and I'm basically certain gerryoat is scum, so PV looked incredibly town to me at that time, and I've just not chosen to challenge that read because he never gave me a reason to.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4127 (isolation #65) » Fri May 12, 2017 10:48 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4126, Transcend wrote:well, uh, bud

pv is voting you

so if there's no blitz on his vote then that kinds confirms him to you and you to him

arona hasn't posted yet tho so
In post 4125, podoboq wrote:I've just not chosen to challenge that read because he never gave me a reason to.
Yeah, I decided to use my time typing this up instead of trying to catch up on what has been posted in thread. I saw he was voting me, but I hadn't put the time into thinking about that yet.

If his vote stays here for a considerable time, then this game is solved to me, but we're not there yet since blitzes aren't made in a vacuum. The scum team would need to be online simultaneously, and be willing to take the risk that the other isn't gonna pick up the bait. I think PV should unvote, and hopefully he does. If he doesn't, then at a certain point that essentially confirms him, but I don't think we've crossed that line yet.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4130 (isolation #66) » Fri May 12, 2017 10:56 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4129, Transcend wrote:I have work now but I'll talk to you all on my lunch break.
I'm finishing Survivor now, and then I'm heading to Friday Night Magic and will be out all night. Hopefully we don't lose the game while I'm gone.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4132 (isolation #67) » Fri May 12, 2017 10:59 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 4131, Transcend wrote:The tv show survivor?
Yeah, I hadn't seen this week's episode yet.

It's a decent season and people should be watching it.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4176 (isolation #68) » Fri May 12, 2017 11:39 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 4171, aronagrundy wrote:Btw podo I'm confirmed town to you too
Now that PV's vote has stuck so long, yeah.

PV is confirmed to me. I expect in that 1v1 that I won't be able to convince anybody, so I'm at a loss. This game has sucked for me. The second I vote PV I feel like I'm just gonna get lynched and lose the game because nobody scumreads him, including myself.

Oh well. Gg

VOTE: PeregrineV
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4197 (isolation #69) » Sat May 13, 2017 9:09 am

Post by podoboq »

I don't know what to say. I'm scanning his ISO and nothing pings me. I want to read the mafia PT because I want to see the thought that went into how he's played.

All I can really say is that he's never made anything happen. I was townreading him for defending the town pair of me and Umalut, and trying to lynch Gerry, but he never pushed hard enough to make it happen, and maybe it was never his intention. If either of us died, he gained his towncred, and got to look like he was bussing his partner in the exchange.

I feel like I'm an easy mislynch, always have been, and PV pocketed me until the day he needed to cash that mislynch in.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4212 (isolation #70) » Sat May 13, 2017 9:51 am

Post by podoboq »

Man, this game has been fucking depressing. Sorry to everyone for how useless I was.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4469 (isolation #71) » Wed May 24, 2017 6:58 am

Post by podoboq »

This game was fantastic. It was super humbling and hard at times, but we had a large game with no jerks. That alone is something to celebrate.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”