NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #249 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:07 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Sup guys

I think the Adel Plan has its flaws in being too unforgiving, but anything else has far greater flaws in being too lienent. Outside of a player actually going insane, I would not anticipate any further employment for the enforcer.

CES needs to stop the talk of blowing others up. He called the pairings on D1 and D2. This game
does not
have a dynamite mechanic until we reach a lynch, capiche?

Elvisknit's 188 feels like fitting a square peg in a round hole. Maybe she just isn't familiar with CES or PEG, but accusing Pickem of nihilism is not novel.

I'd like to hear a succinct case on Yos from somebody. Up till now, it's kind of been this amorphous blob floating around that people support or oppose. One thing I will say is most of his posts made me go cross-eyed. I haven't known him to be quite that verbose in the past.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #256 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Surye wrote: I'm pretty confused by the night kill choice myself, I have a suspicion that all the calling out of him as likely scum, and then him dieing, may be a tactic to distance scum from the kill, but I am not sure of this, what is everyone else's take on this choice?
My take is that analyzing it is WIFOM, especially given the amount Skruff's was the target of distrust. This eliminates any concrete motivations (killing astute or trusted players) and leaves only flip-flopping association and dissociation.

Also note that (aside from his "I will dynamite the next person who votes me" which he has already claimed was a joke), this is the first time CES has included himself as a participant in a dynamiting, in other cases he was just directing traffic.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #258 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Elmo wrote: I didn't like the way Adel made post 98 with respect to LML bluffing. I thought he might be just pressuring ooba, but didn't say anything because that would just defeat the point. I can't actually think of a pro-town reason to say that, at that point; but it does work well as scum trying to goad Lee into making the kill (I think Yos said this, as well as LML pointing this out in his last words). The problem with that is simply that Adel is not always easy to follow, and it turns out she was town and obviously had some reason for saying what she did that I didn't understand, which is what I was concerned about.
Note, every person mentioned in this paragraph, besides Yos, is dead.

Regarding Yos' slip: I would actually call it a scumtell. When you don't think about it, you would expect there to be more than three scum in this game, but when you
do
think about it, three actually makes sense considering that there will be
at least
two townie deaths per-cycle. So, when not thinking about it, Yos gives the right/non-intuitive answer, and while I wouldn't go so far as to call bullshit on the "mini mindset" out it's in no way a solid alibi.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #270 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:29 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Surye wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:
vote: surye

def scum.

reading his most two recent posts have convinced me.
Both of them? I can see how the most resent can be seen as somewhat scummy, though after re-reading, that is exactly what I found, I'd like to see where I am wrong.

And what is wrong with my second to last post? I'm not sure what you don't like about it.
Well, that post basically parroted ideas about CES in a more alarmist tone and then WIFOMed a nightchoice.

But since you have it all figured out, I'd like it if you handled the second post.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #275 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:06 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

skitzer wrote:Still, you shouldn't be scared of them, IMO.
Nobody wants to die.

Surye, why haven't you explained why that post was scummy yet?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #280 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Surye wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
skitzer wrote:Still, you shouldn't be scared of them, IMO.
Nobody wants to die.

Surye, why haven't you explained why that post was scummy yet?
When did someone ask me to? o.0

All I meant was that it could seem opportunist, but as I stated it was the result of my analysis of his play.
That post had 0 analysis, and was clearly an appeal to other people's cases ("the score so far"). Where is this analysis of his play and why wasn't it included in the post where you voted Skitzer?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #299 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:24 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

elvis_knits wrote:The way he is responding to you... like "you're a better player than to actually suspect ME of being scum." It's like saying only stupid people would think he's scum.

And he's voting you. If he thinks you're scum, wouldn't he be attributing your actions (voting him) to being scum, and not to being stupid? If he just thinks you are misguided townie, he shouldn't be voting you. And if he thinks you're scum then he shouldn't be asking you to play better.

I originally thought that the fighting between you two was buddy-fighting, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think Yos is implying he knows you are town. Which is pretty weird if he's voting for you.

unvote CES; vote Yos
Now who's twisting words? Yos was criticising CES's specific reason, not his general accusation, and I would tend to agree that CES's conspiracy theory regarding the "two-night tell" is total crap (would you?) He wasn't calling CES stupid, he was calling him smarter than that.

You'd have to be reading pretty sloppy and posting even sloppier not to catch stuff like that. It isn't exactly nuance.

Vote: elvis_knits
she's been manufacturing cases all game.

Also, I could have sworn Scum was an alt of Sum.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #313 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

It was this post that piqued me initially:
elvis_knits wrote:
vote CES

I voted him d1 and still feel he's scummy for this stuff:
CES wrote:I'm actually fine with Greasy Spot DYNAMITING Blazerunner. Or someone else DYNAMITING Blazrunner. As long as it's not me, ofcourse.
CES wrote:I'll dynamite the next person who votes me.
It's just too reckless, and encourages others to do stupid things.

I also am suspicious of pickem. He struck a light D2, saying:
pickemgenius wrote:
Marmalade wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:
STRIKE A LIGHT

Hello also.
Why?
why not?

it's now or later. and if i do it now i can act later instead of having to do this and waste time....
So this seems like he really wants to dynamite somebody. Which, okay, I can believe. But then he questions ooba, acting like it would be ludicrous for anyone to want to blow themselves up:
pickemgenius wrote:
ooba wrote:
Adel wrote:
ooba wrote: i'd rather not dynamite anyone seeing as i'm town ..
vote: ooba
Why? I'd rather not be chosen to kill someone as I know its a wasted cardflip. However if the town decides i should be the one dynamiting or blown up, I'd do it.
you'd blow yourself up???
It's like he can't believe ooba would want to blow himself up. If pickem really struck a light because he intended to blow himself up, I don't think it would be so hard for him to believe someone else would want to. Makes me think pickem never intended to blow himself up.

I'm also suspicious of skruffs for the stuff I posted yesterday -- trying to say lurkers can't be scum (which is false), and coincidentally including himself in that group.
You essentially accused CES and Pickem of being CES and Pickem and took them far more seriously than they intended to be taken, but I was willing to let it slide considering that I don't know how familiar you are with the two, but your complete reversal on CES (from voting him three times in a row to chainsaw defending him) is very much scummy.

Also, townies should be willing to lay down their lives in the line of duty, but it has to
mean
something. You wouldn't expect somebody to give up fighting a wagon just because townies shouldn't be afraid to die. Why should Surye-town be OK with being pre-emptively blown up by somebody he thinks is town?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #320 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Quagmire wrote:I will be willing to sacrifice myself to blow up elvis_knits at any time. Should I strike a light now?
That would be extremely unwise and go against your duty as townie and enforcer. Keep your wick in your pants until the town agrees.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #328 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:18 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Elvis_knits wrote: I like how nabakov and quag ignored my response.
I like how you ignored Yos' reponse. Anything I would have said would have just repeated.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #341 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:09 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

elvis_knits wrote: Yos's response? All he said was sorry if he comes off condescending. What am I supposed to do with that? Anyone would say that. It changes nothing.
Yosarian2 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote: I never made any judgement on CES's reasons for voting Yos. I do think the two-night-tell is nonsense. I was only commenting on Yos's reaction, which I didn't like. And I do think saying "you're smarter than that" implies the person is acting stupid. It's a slightly disguised insult. And a manipulative way to get somebody off your back.
If you think the so-called tell is nonesense, then do you disagree with me that CES is a better player then to be using such nonesense tells?

I might have come off as condecending there; I need to stop doing that in mafia games, it's not helpful, and I apoligise to CES if I offended him. But that's besides the point; the point is that CES is a good player, and he should be trying harder to make a good case instead of spouting nonesense like that; that kind of nonesense case against someone I personally know to be pro-town, coming from a good player like CES, makes me more suspicious of him.
One sentence in three isn't bad. You're just lucky he uses a lot of semicolons.

Sarcastro's defense hasn't been an appeal to emotion, but it's certainly been bullshit. Posting a non-defense and then railing on somebody who notes it's a non-defense completely skirts the issue at hand. A slow-burn red-herring.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #344 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:31 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Sarcastro wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:Sarcastro's defense hasn't been an appeal to emotion, but it's certainly been bullshit. Posting a non-defense and then railing on somebody who notes it's a non-defense completely skirts the issue at hand. A slow-burn red-herring.
I didn't rail on somebody who "note[d] it's a non-defense". I railed on somebody who tried to argue that it
was
a defense. Read Pokerface's posts. He seems to think that I was actually trying to use an emotional appeal as a defence.
Present most people with something that doesn't make sense and they'll try and add their own. Either way, non-sequiter = non-defense = appeal to emotion.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #347 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Sarcastro wrote: That's fantastically bad logic. How can it be an appeal to emotion if it's not an appeal?
Who said it wasn't an appeal? I said it wasn't a defense. A non-sequiter and an appeal to emotion are both ineffectual arguments (especially in Mafia). What does it matter that PF said it was one and not the other?

No matter what fallacy it represented, your response to PF's serious case was sophmoric and insubstantial. You try to brush that off by making proclamations, and you try to brush
that
off by being a dick about terms. Why don't you just read what PF had to say and respond to it?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #356 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:32 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Elmo wrote:NabNab: Should Sarc die today? Why?
What I'm looking at is a fairly isolated tell (though anything is isolated given Sarc's level of content), and I would like to see what his response is, but I would put him next to Suyre on my list of people I would like to dynamite elvis_knits. His participation has been composed of making baseless accusations and deflecting the attention those accusations bring.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #358 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:46 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Surye wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
Elmo wrote:NabNab: Should Sarc die today? Why?
What I'm looking at is a fairly isolated tell (though anything is isolated given Sarc's level of content), and I would like to see what his response is, but I would put him next to Suyre on my list of people I would like to dynamite elvis_knits. His participation has been composed of making baseless accusations and deflecting the attention those accusations bring.
I'm not deflecting the attention, I'm brining it back to the table so I can address it, I've already defended most everything thrown at me, but peg is still just posting one liners against me, and I want to address it.

Deflecting it would be posting about others, I brought up a post no one had seemed to even notice. Why would I do that if I was not confident I could address his issue?
Sorry, vague pronouns/poorly conceived post. The last sentence refers to Sarcastro. I'm still waiting for you to tell me why you claimed to analyze Skitzer when all you did was rehash.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #383 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:53 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Marmalade has seemed pretty opposed to making any sort of a decision all day. He hasn't had good things to say about Yos' wagon in particular, but also just wagons in general. Could be a confusion tactic to encourage a messy/deadline explosion, and I would like it to be noted for later days.

It seems I'm all alone on the elvis_knits wagon. If nobody else is willing to join me, I'd likely move to Sarc or Yos, but I'd take some time to figure out which.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #396 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:02 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

kuribo wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote: It seems I'm all alone on the elvis_knits wagon. If nobody else is willing to join me, I'd likely move to Sarc or Yos, but I'd take some time to figure out which.
I interpret that as "No one is listening to my accusations, but if you guys are willing to kill someone, I'd be perfectly willing to help."
If I wanted to kill elvis_knits all by myself I could certainly make a go of it. This setup is unique in that you can still kill somebody even if nobody else is listening to you. I am willing to cede to the town's opinion on this one as an elvis_knits dynamite sails off into the distance.

Maybe I'm WIFOMing, but I don't see why Claus striking a light makes sense from a scum perspective. He was under mild suspicion but could have easily sailed through deadline without anybody noticing. Why put yourself on the line like that? It's bluffing at an empty pot.

I'd rather not lynch Yos. His defense seemed comprehensive, his suspicions believable, and there really isn't anything scummy about pressuring lurkers (at least until you get to the policy-lynch level of zealotry). His long post trump's Claus' long post and anything else is just playing WIFOM with the burden of proficiency.

I don't mind that Surye is dynamiting but I think we could have done better. Quick, everybody wagon Sarc.

Unvote: Vote: Sarcastro
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #416 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I don't get where all this new hate on Surye is coming from. It's nearing deadline, he was top of the vote count, time to strike a light. If he's serious about dynamiting, he's a dead man. If he's bluffing, any responsible townie in the game will ensure that he's a dead man. There's certainly no reason to add votes to his wagon or critisize his play; he's been dead as of the bottom of last page. Kuribo's vote is pure cop out, equivalent to not voting with the added feature that it might make some of the less perceptive townies stop pressuring him.

*Thanks Adel from beyond the grave for instituting a voting system in which scum would be unsure of where to put their vote*

Also, tactical note: any player, striken or no, can immediately dynamite a player with a struck light.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #418 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I think some people are missing this

Tactical note: any player, striken or no, can immediately dynamite a player with a struck light.

Any player can kill Surye, Claus, or Pickem right now or at any time. No striking, no waiting.

I really can't think of any further need for players to strike lights unless voting patterns should change significantly enough to move Surye out of the top spots.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #456 (isolation #19) » Fri May 02, 2008 8:45 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Claus dynamited with five hours left before deadline, roughly 7 pm Surye's time. Surye made no posts for over 12 hours before and after Elmo's posts. The story seems to check out, but you have to wonder why he made no other post in other games on the day of the deadline/why he committed himself to explode at a time when he would be away from the site.

Like I said before, I was under the impression that Surye was a dead man, so there was a need to choose another candidate and no need to pay any more attention to his wagon. Instead, we should be looking at competition between the Yos and Sarc wagons for the second candidate.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #465 (isolation #20) » Mon May 05, 2008 8:56 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

This situation should not be an excuse to switch to having two votes. Once Surye is (inevitably) bandwagoned to extinction, we can use our votes to select a proper second.

I'm dissapointed in the number of people just saying "He didn't blow himself up, lol" as justification for their vote. Posting records
do
indicate that Surye was not on for 12 hours before Elmo did the deed, that's not something you can just ignore. However, I have some misgivings about the whole situation. By all measures, Surye wouldn't have been on the site at deadline either. Whether he was just avoiding the site or couldn't legitimately post, it doesn't look good for him. (Considering that if he
knew
he wasn't going to be away, he should have dynamited the last time on the site if he had the honest intention of going through with it)

I would like Surye to address these concerns before he's wagoned into oblivion.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #471 (isolation #21) » Mon May 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Quagmire wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Yes, Suyve is obv scum, and needs to die today.

Does someoen want to actually make a case against me, or are you all just going to keep mindless repeating "Yos needs to die"?
Your reluctance to get blown up has been duly noted, and is grounds for absolute dismissal, in my opinion.
In a similar vein.

Surye, what has changed between today and yesterday that makes you any less deserving of being blown up? Enough people wanted you dead before to force you to strike a light, why are you straw-dogging the issue into one of deadlines and schedules? (which I'll admit I played along with)
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #482 (isolation #22) » Tue May 06, 2008 8:31 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote:
kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote: How about coming up with a real argument of your own?
Why? It's already been laid out with far more eloquence than I'm capable of.
And nothing of real value has been laid out. Have you even read the thread or are you just jumping on the closest bandwagon? The fact that you're not even playing, coupled with the pointless threat to blow me up, you're first on my list to go, but I want to hear from others first.
It's not pointless, I'm going to blow you to kingdom come as soon as the town's ready.
I don't get this, I really don't. Why would a townie willingly volunteer to be one end of a dynamiting? From Kuribo's perspective
any
random player besides himself increases the probability of scum being in the dynamite, and that's not something you should dismiss even if you're absolutely convinced of Surye's guilt (who knows, we might catch two scum). At best, Krubio's play shows a lack of basic planning and consideration of probabilities, at worst, it betrays that he lacks a true townie mindset (though I couldn't see how this play could help scum either)

We are very possibly in LyLo, and what this day is going to boil down to is a lynch by way of Surye. In those circumstances, Kuribo's threat is essentially a self-vote. Let's vote wisely and try to leave sufficient time before the deadline for this to go down.

@PokerFace: I will take over VC's in the event of your death or incapaciation.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #486 (isolation #23) » Tue May 06, 2008 8:53 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Quagmire wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote:
kuribo wrote:
Surye wrote: How about coming up with a real argument of your own?
Why? It's already been laid out with far more eloquence than I'm capable of.
And nothing of real value has been laid out. Have you even read the thread or are you just jumping on the closest bandwagon? The fact that you're not even playing, coupled with the pointless threat to blow me up, you're first on my list to go, but I want to hear from others first.
It's not pointless, I'm going to blow you to kingdom come as soon as the town's ready.
I don't get this, I really don't. Why would a townie willingly volunteer to be one end of a dynamiting? From Kuribo's perspective
any
random player besides himself increases the probability of scum being in the dynamite, and that's not something you should dismiss even if you're absolutely convinced of Surye's guilt (who knows, we might catch two scum). At best, Krubio's play shows a lack of basic planning and consideration of probabilities, at worst, it betrays that he lacks a true townie mindset (though I couldn't see how this play could help scum either)
What, you think we're ever going to get a scum to blow himself up? We have to have a townie blow up himself in order to get someone else. Townies should be eager to blow themselves up because otherwise this game would stagnate and go nowhere.
We've been over this before. It's a job townies should be OK with doing, but not a job they volunteer for. Letting anybody who wants do the dynamiting just go ahead takes power out of the hands of the town and puts it in the hands of individuals. One thing that has really hurt this game is the gung-ho approach many players have taken to dynamiting others.

I accept the responsibility of back-up enforcer, though I will warn the town that last deadline hit at a very late hour for me and I am not losing sleep over this game. That means that if I have to do my duty, it will be with several hours left before deadline (possibly curtailing an honest yet delayed attempt for a wagoned player to dynamite)
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #503 (isolation #24) » Tue May 06, 2008 11:50 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

skitzer wrote:Just curious...Surye, who do you plan on blowing up? I guess if he is scum, he could choose one of the best players in the game and not someone who is actually scummy. He wouldn't face any consequences (well, except death) either way.

On another note...I would actually like to take the place of kuribo. I'm much less of a need to the town than kuribo is, so if you can "say the word" in an hour or so. I'll do it myself.
*facepalm*

Skitzer: Do not blow up Surye
Suicide bombing is great for guerilla fighters and religious fundamentalists, but we're Scummers damnit. We have votes and reasoning, let's use them.

Surye: Why are you voting Kuribo for an odd ???-tell instead of his play at deadline yesterday?
Yos wrote: So, now I'm the one in the drivers seat, I'm the one who's going to decide who gets lynched today. We're playing kingmaker, and I just appointed myself king. So you SOB's had better start answering my questions, if you want to live to see tommorow.
If a mafiosi were in danger of being 'sploded, this would certainly be one approach.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #506 (isolation #25) » Tue May 06, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Yosarian2 wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
If a mafiosi were in danger of being 'sploded, this would certainly be one approach.
Perhaps. More relevent, though, is the fact that as town in danger of being exploded by someone else I thought was probably town, it was the best approach I could come up with, the thing that seemed most likely to save the town from what appeared to be oncoming disaster, even if it apparently wasn't. Or do you disagre with my play?
What disaster was this exactly? Could it be the post where Quag struck a light but ended by basically advocating a Surye-Yos explosion. That's like throwing chips at the pot while yelling "I'm bluffing". There's a name for somebody who assumes absolute control from exploiting a perceived-but-not-real crisis, and it's not king.

Even if it was true that you were in immediate danger of exploding, why is assuming executive powers good town play when just about every game strategy post (and we know you love game strategy) has talked about the merits of teamwork and voting? Do you trust your judgment over the combined judgment of the town? Why? Do you plan to blow up Surye? The majority vote-getter in 1.5 weeks? If not, why not?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #520 (isolation #26) » Thu May 08, 2008 9:19 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Marmalade wrote:Can we not have a dynamite attack for a bit, please?

Anyway, I'd be okay with Surye and Elmo blowing up this round. Surye seems more antagonistic after being called out for cautiousness, and Elmo has consistently failed to provide reasoning for his votes. Elmo's jump to Sarc also strikes me as suspicious.
Vote: Marmalade

Lip service to "OK guys, lets be
reasonable
here" clashes horribly with encouraging an explosion on an under-researched player. If he really wanted Elmo to die, why doesn't he vote him? This is the kind of contradiction scum could ride to victory on.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #538 (isolation #27) » Fri May 09, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Yosarian2 wrote:
kuribo wrote: Um, no, I voted for you yesterday, too, long before you questioned me today.
You know, you actually voted for him yesterday directly in response to him questioning you. You said you had no suspects, he asked you a question, and suddenly you were voting for him with no reason given.

Don't want the day to end just yet, but at the moment I really wouldn't mind seeing it end with you and him blowing each other up.

We also really need to hear from Elmo and Flameaxe before we do anything today.
Don't you dare suggest situations in which you do not blow up. You saved your ass (or thought you saved your ass) by promising to blow up, and that's what you're going to do. Allowing you to bow out contradicts the entirety of the system.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #541 (isolation #28) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:29 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Yosarian2 wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:Don't you dare suggest situations in which you do not blow up. You saved your ass (or thought you saved your ass) by promising to blow up, and that's what you're going to do. Allowing you to bow out contradicts the entirety of the system.
Bull. Shit.

I never 'promised to blow up".

I always made absolutly clear that any situation where two people I think are scummy both die > a situation where I die. Which should go completly without saying I did say I would rather blow someone up myself then have Quag blow me up, but I'll "suggest" whatever the hell I want to suggest.

Is there some specific reason you want me to blow up, NN, or are you just being oppurtinistic here?
You struck a light, what the hell do you think that means? Quag was threatening to explode you, and he wasn't entirely unjustified; A large portion of this town wants you dead. You chose not to argue your innocence but to belet your explosion.

If two others explode today, it means we let you wiggle out of doing it yourself. It means you placed your survival over the good of the town. It means you win in LyLo with all your other buddies. I'm not particuarly convinced that you're scum, but I refuse to allow you an out like Surye got an out yesterday.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #545 (isolation #29) » Sun May 11, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

kuribo wrote:What this town needs is a psychotic man of action to risk irreversible harm but potentially help us win the game.

Sounds like me!

STRIKE A LIGHT
So I take it you plan on dynamiting me?

I'll call your bluff.

If you really had the intention to blow me up, you wouldn't have made that bullshit throwaway about Marmalade. Any reasonable person reading the post in which I voted would know I was opposed to his encouraging others to explode, not being reasonable (if I thought he was truly encouraging reason, I wouldn't have called it lip-service)

The validity of your accuation is, however, irrelevant. If you actually wanted to go kamikaze, you would have no need to sway public opinion. You're hoping that some townie might end up doing the dirty work for you, or at least to take the pressure off of Yos.

See you in 18 hours.

@Yos: So you're accusing me of using the same logic that built the Surye wagon earlier today? Surye did not fufill his obligation and is therefore scum. The forces (Quag, CES) that forced your obligation might have been less democratic, but you embraced it no less enthusiastically.
Yos wrote: So, now I'm the one in the drivers seat, I'm the one who's going to decide who gets lynched today. We're playing kingmaker, and I just appointed myself king. So you SOB's had better start answering my questions, if you want to live to see tommorow.
You got to be King under the condition that your reign would end at the end of today. Why else would you, a player under wide if poorly-expressed suspicion, get to be in the driver's seat? I saw the conversion from "I choose who I explode" to "I choose who explodes" (one I had suspected was coming all along) and I pounced.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #558 (isolation #30) » Mon May 12, 2008 8:35 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Yos wrote: I'd still prefer to see Suyve blow someone up instead, of course, but me blowing someone up is obv better for the town to quag blowing me up.
I read this as resignation. Waving goodbye to a possibility that is no longer valid.

With the system established under Adel, it was pretty clear that lights were only to be struck by those slated to die. The only people who should ever strike are top vote getters (who will be manually dymanited by an enforcer or other concerned citizen should they shirk).

When Surye struck a light, he placed himself under obligation to explode. Everybody in the town exptected him to dynamite somebody or be dynamited. He did not fufill this obligation but it is unclear as to whether or not it was his fault. This was unfortunate and suspicious, and is a situation that should be rectified, but not completely damning.

If I might ask, what was the purpose of your striking a light so early in the day? You were not certain who you were going to use it on and expressed no particular fear of timing debacles or surprises. Your expressed purpose for striking the light was to get Quag off your back. Why would that possibly work? How could that possibly affect Quag's opinion of you? The reason it worked, the reason you thought it would work was that it symbolized the obligation. It said to Quag "Don't blow me up now, I'll blow myself up later." But that obligation goes out the window once you start talking about others blowing up, you've escaped the obligation.

We don't know if Surye's escape of the obligation was intentional, but I saw a situation in which yours clearly was.

Waiting for Kuribo to make a post while hot.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #562 (isolation #31) » Tue May 13, 2008 8:41 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

@Yos: I never considered how Quag's admission to bluffing would affect what I considered to be your obligation to explode. I withdraw my complaint and return the matter of who dynamites who entirely to votes. (Though I still think your promise to act undemocratically should you reach a majority is a potential danger, and not just because I seem to be at the top of your list)

All people not voting for one of the people they would like to explode are doing themselves a great disservice. All people who aren't actively attempting to decide who they would like to explode are doing the town a great disservice.

With that in mind.
Unvote; Vote: Kuribo

I highly advocate he explode (and I would certainly be the one willing to do it) unless he has an extremely good answer to the following question:

Why did you strike a light and do nothing with it?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #580 (isolation #32) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Elmo wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:With that in mind.

I highly advocate he explode (and I would certainly be the one willing to do it) unless he has an extremely good answer to the following question:

Explain.
Kuribo struck his light in the middle of my tangle with Yos, and the implication (from my angle anyway) appeared to be that he was confident in my scumminess and was going to blow me up (or he was at least threatening to blow me up). I stood my ground, and he said nothing more on the subject, so I figured there was a fair chance that he had actually been bluffing as I had thought (the conclusion being drawn that he, as scum, would be unwilling to actually do the deed). I even considered dynamiting him myself, but I choose to throw it to the town instead.

Turns out he had an excellent answer.

I nominate CES to backup enforcer.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #583 (isolation #33) » Fri May 16, 2008 9:06 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

elvis_knits wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
Elmo wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:With that in mind.

Explain.
Kuribo struck his light in the middle of my tangle with Yos, and the implication (from my angle anyway) appeared to be that he was confident in my scumminess and was going to blow me up (or he was at least threatening to blow me up). I stood my ground, and he said nothing more on the subject, so I figured there was a fair chance that he had actually been bluffing as I had thought (the conclusion being drawn that he, as scum, would be unwilling to actually do the deed). I even considered dynamiting him myself, but I choose to throw it to the town instead.

Turns out he had an excellent answer.

I nominate CES to backup enforcer.
I read over Kuribo's posts and only see one comment that was about you. It mostly seemed like he wanted Surye dead the whole time and always intended to blow Surye.
You're probably right, but I interperted it to having something to do with my argument with Yos.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #587 (isolation #34) » Sat May 17, 2008 4:35 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

CES wrote: PokerFace - Scummy
Where do you get this from?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #593 (isolation #35) » Mon May 19, 2008 8:46 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

EK wrote: I do feel like you were pushing him to explode though
Of course I was. The reason I was wrong was because I was working with misconceptions as my givens, but putting that aside, my
line
of thinking is not unreasonable.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #620 (isolation #36) » Sun May 25, 2008 9:10 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

skitzer wrote:sigh...

Surye was scum.

Elmo said "STOP STRIKING A LIGHT YOU MORONS"

Surye later quoted this post and said "game winning post."

Am I the only one that sees this as a boastful remark between two scum?
It would take some cocky scum to do that. Surye is bumbling, but he's not cocky.

I acknowledge Yos' suspicion of me; it's understandable. Hopefully it will be allayed if/when I enforce.

WIFOM is a bad argument. Period. It was stupid for CES to use it yesterday, but it's no less stupid for Pokerface to build a case around it today.

Vote: Maramalade
Useless lurker much?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #628 (isolation #37) » Tue May 27, 2008 7:49 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

@Pokerface: What I said about Marmalade before D5 exploded still holds. Of all the lurkers, I'm the least comfortable with his contribution.

However, if he really is gone for good (which it would seem with 10 days of non-posting), perhaps my vote would be better served elsewhere.

(Sorry this post is poorly researched. Working on foreign machinery.)
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #632 (isolation #38) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:00 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Elmo wrote: Inertia, again, but I still think Marmalade is town.
It's the "still" that gets me here. All other mentions you've made on Marmalade were in reference to a sketchy vote you placed on him. What changed? (and be sure to mention the "still")
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #638 (isolation #39) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:54 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

STRIKE A LIGHT

Doesn't look like we've made much progress today.

*shrug*

Town, tell me who to 'splode and they shall be 'sploded.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #642 (isolation #40) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Flameaxe wrote:So who's scum?
You would be a pretty good bet, considering you have about half a line of posting per page. Tactical lurker?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #649 (isolation #41) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:19 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Flameaxe wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:So who's scum?
You would be a pretty good bet, considering you have about half a line of posting per page. Tactical lurker?
Lazy townie?
Not buying it. This game is the perfect situation for lurkers, you've acted the part of the perfect lurker.

Note to town
: I will blow up Flameaxe in roughly 8 hours if no better alternatives are presented/somebody doesn't beat me to the punch.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #660 (isolation #42) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:48 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

PokerFace wrote:
Mr Stoofer wrote:
Hi all, I am back.

The deadline will hit in 15 hours and 27 minutes from this post.
^Made 8:33 am in my timezone (USA-EST which is GMT-4 during the summer)

That would make deadline be at midnight in my timezone so I should easily be awake around 11pm or 11:30pm. I usually don't go to bed til way after that anyway. If someone else has not already gone off I'll pick who I'm taking with me based on what the town has been saying or what I myself have already said. It should be obvious to you all by now who I've been considering.
This trumps my bedtime, but I'm aprehensive about tuning out and assuming PF will do the deed.

@PF: If you want to be the one to dynamite, make your choice before 11 pm.

Overwhelming opposition to a Flameaxe dynamite has changed my course, but to where? It seems nobody is worthy of dynamiting (in the opinion of the town anyway)
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #675 (isolation #43) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

PF wrote: If you are reading this NabNab you perhaps should name a second enforcer because I think i will be hitting CEScum.
Fair enough, Erg0.
PF wrote: So you actually want to kill someone? I'd obvious prefered I could play the game longer since I'm having too much fun but I best get myself in check because that dice joke thing probably went to far.
I really have no qualms about going off. I've been seriously overburdened recently.

Elmo, who are you thinking of?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #676 (isolation #44) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

The above nomination of Erg0 only applies under the condition that CES dies.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #679 (isolation #45) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

PokerFace wrote: I see you as scumier than NabNab. I think I should go off over NabNab at this point. If he wants to disagree and jump in here he can.
My role is ultimately that of the enforcer, and my only obligation is to ensure that the person designated to explode does so. Right now, there is no person designated to explode, but we have two lit people here.

You two figure out, with certainty, which one is going to explode. That person will then choose who to blow up. If they don't blow that person up, I blow them up. I don't want to stay up for another 53 minutes, but I will.

If I get input in this, I would probably call for PF to explode. Totally reading shirk all over his last few posts. Put your fuse where your mouth is.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #684 (isolation #46) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

PokerFace wrote:I am willing to take out CEScum. Do either of you object? If Elmo wants to make the kill he should say who and why.
I have no particular objection. CES hasn't been all that helpful, and while your case reads kinda conspriacyey, there's a point there (I really have no idea what I was thinking when I nominated him).
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #686 (isolation #47) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Elmo wrote: I will either kill someone inside ~15mins or not at all, put it that way. I will probably kill someone.
Tick-tock
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #688 (isolation #48) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

PokerFace wrote:If elmo does not go off at the time he says I'll be hiting CEScum the time I said. Any objection NabNab?
Anything that lets me sleep is fine.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #690 (isolation #49) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Take a hint now.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #692 (isolation #50) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

It's directed at the two people who aren't exploding.

I will reiterate. My job is to ensure one or another of you explodes. Thus, I will target one or another of you if absolutely necessary. If you feel somebody else makes a better target. Explode them. I am not quite so convinced that everybody here is one big protown family; that's not in my job description.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #695 (isolation #51) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Nighty-night now.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #716 (isolation #52) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:24 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:Yeah, that was probably stupid.

I actually tried to get Yos to be seen as 'confirmed town', so I could jump all over him if he wasn't nightkilled. Even though I'd seen him as scum the whole game I somehow couldn't get him lynched. The plan turned out very ineffective because Yos died before night.

I understand this was stupid, and as a consequence I'm willing to take over enforcer duties from NabNab immediately, meaning I will dynamite today. I'm not completely sure of NabNab's innocence, though, which is the only problem I have with enforcing myself.
That's a pretty long view to take for a game that's quite possibly in LyLo.

I am (surprisingly enough) still alive and still the enforcer. If you don't trust that I will do my job properly, you may stay up till midnight next deadline along with me.

I'm going to go back and reread my massive argument with Yos in particular. Depending on 3 scum Vs 4, the past few days could have all been LyLo, that means scum are looking for the last big push, and might be willing to compromise to get it.

Also, I like how CES notes himself as an enforcer, but not as town.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #728 (isolation #53) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:32 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Cogito Ergo Scum on D5 wrote:I want
Yos
to blow up
Surye
Maybe this is just making things way too simple. But I don't think scum would say that. Maybe one or the other, but a double bus is almost unthinkable.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #736 (isolation #54) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:37 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

In the event that neither I nor CES are alive tomorrow, Elvis will be enforcer.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #760 (isolation #55) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:27 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:In the event that neither I nor CES are alive tomorrow, Elvis will be enforcer.
NoNo, NabNab.

It's my turn to assign the next enforcer.

I choose you, Flameaxe!

Because he's town.

The last thing we need right now is an unreliable enforcer.
:roll:

The last thing we need right now is an enforcer who we have no read on and who barely checks the thread.

But whatever.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #781 (isolation #56) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:08 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Quag is definitely looking like the best choice to me. He's voting CES but trying stridently to direct the kill to someone other than himself.

Either way, lack of 'splodin' today indicates that at least one of our lit is gambiting, and my money would be on Quag. (Not that it matters, considering that they're both gonna die)

@Quag: Who do you think is more likely to be scum, Elvis or CES?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #794 (isolation #57) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:49 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Hi guys, I'm back.

So we obviously only have a 3-man scumgroup, that was generous of Stoofer.

With 3 town, 1 scum, we could afford to no lynch (go to deadline without dynamiting) today but risk a happily-ever-after if the scum don't play ball.

Feelings on players still alive:

PokerFace: He's been the keeper of the votecount and a consistent contributor. I haven't always agreed with what he said, but I could see where it's coming from. He stayed up on the Long Night, and though he didn't dynamite, I really got the impression that he would have if called upon. I would be very surprised if he was scum.

elvis: A little less sure about, I remember latching on to something early in the game, but I liked the reaction. Fairly town since then.

Flameaxe: Still an extreme lurker, and I really don't buy the "lazy townie" excuse. So we've all seen Flameaxe blow off a game as town, you don't think he isn't smart enough to know this and use it against us? What I'm looking for right now, at least, is for him to actually participate now that we're in the endgame. If he really is a townie, he has an obligation to the town to actually play the game.

Oh, and sometime I'll go back and look for any more connections between known scum and living players, but not today.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #801 (isolation #58) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:45 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I'll be basically free up 'till deadline; it seems to me that the 20th or 21st should be the best time for striking.

To be perfectly honest, this isn't looking too bad for the town. Out of the three possible pairings for dynamiting, only one will cause us to lose, and we should hopefully be able to catch the scum who's trying to push it.

If were to explode right now, I'd probably take elvis with me, but I really want to consider my position on PF (and probably reread the Long Night) before I would do any of that.

Poker/Elvis, who would you dynamite?
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #815 (isolation #59) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:15 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

elvis_knits wrote: I think NabNab is the scum.
It's a date.

STRIKE A LIGHT
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #816 (isolation #60) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:38 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

FREEEEEEDOM!!!!!

DYNAMITE: ELVIS_KNITS
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #818 (isolation #61) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:40 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Phew

I had my doubts, but not too many.

Personally, I think Stoofer was very generous in this setup. Only 3 scum
and
a modkill on the guy we were going to misdynamite? That's pretty substantial.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #853 (isolation #62) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:19 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Adel wrote: Thanks for winning the game for us NabNab!
Hey, I only did what a non-idiot would have done.

Actually, the hardest part was thinking up a death knell. I'm still not satisfied ("WIFOM this" was awesome BTW)

Also, it would have taken incredibly skilled scum to pull off a win once they were taken down to one player. Convincing both remaining townies the other is scum is hard enough, but then backing out of dynamiting either requires a platinum tongue.

GG
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”