Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:15 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 90, Disaster Artists wrote:Ok good Blake's town too

-JC
Why?
In post 91, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:Hello!

I just noticed how much of an explosive playerlist we have here. Like, all of the players from my lovely dreams and worst nightmares are here! I mean it in a positive sense though (looking at nacho and prism :shifty:)

So, people who have already played with me, please let me know if you are town as soon as possible so that we can start a healthy and productive relationship. I'll read what you have written early and ask you questions.

Also nice to meet you to all the other people. Don't worry, i'll be bothering you soon enough.

-Farkran
This post is strangely cordial in a way I've yet to see from you in games. Is this something I should be worrying about from you?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

I know who every head of every hydra is. It's in the opening post.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:23 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

You're a big boy, you can figure it out.

PEdit: This was directed at insomnia.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 107, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:
In post 105, Blake X Yang wrote:I know who every head of every hydra is. It's in the opening post.

-Blake
Yeah, i mean, do you know who those players are, have you ever played with them?
I've played with DeathRowKitty twice that I am aware of. The last time was at least two years ago, and every time I've ever played with her was as town against her scumgame. I wouldn't say I understand her playstyle very well, no.

I don't know who John Cena is.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:28 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

This entire conversation is stupid.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:03 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 43, Disaster Artists wrote:VOTE: gobbledygook.

It's JOHN CENAAAAA!!!
be still my heart <3
In post 48, Feminist Blocc wrote:also holy fuck this is gonna be confusing i have no idea who is part of what hydra

VOTE: egospray

except for this one

-D
I'll give you a hint who this head is,
Datisi

omg,
ruby/weiss
you aren't in this slot gtfo
In post 59, Disaster Artists wrote:In that case I insist you accept the day 1 masonry before I am forced to evaluate your alignment

-JC
Evaluate mine and
Blake's
cause we aren't getting pocketed Page 6... or I'm not.
Blake
isn't a concern in this department.

;) Give me the juicy details of
Dat-Aus
town and the majestic creatures that are
Farkran
and
Insomnia
In post 75, Despair Night wrote:First person to type their hydra heads in their location or somewhere I can read it gets a town lean.

@ me when you do it.

~som
Hi, my name is
Yang
, how are you?

In post 77, egospray wrote:I am not a Hydra. Two people have fused their egos to create me.

VOTE: despair night
I think your statement pagetop here is scummy.
What's scummy about promoting conversation? Also, I'm not a hydra, I'm a
toucan
anime girl.

One that like's women.
In post 83, Disaster Artists wrote:Flirt with me, scumfuck

-JC
Ooh, I like the forcefulness.
In post 91, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:Hello!

I just noticed how much of an explosive playerlist we have here. Like, all of the players from my lovely dreams and worst nightmares are here! I mean it in a positive sense though (looking at nacho and prism :shifty:)

So, people who have already played with me, please let me know if you are town as soon as possible so that we can start a healthy and productive relationship. I'll read what you have written early and ask you questions.

Also nice to meet you to all the other people. Don't worry, i'll be bothering you soon enough.

-Farkran
yo, we haven't played before but I get the impression that your tone is very unique so I need to focus on meta + consistent interactions to solve you, so yeah.

Search for a toucan if you want to meta me.
In post 96, Unapologetically Foxy wrote:Hi friends and others, I'm really excited to play this with y'all :) This is a really good playerlist and with some really fun things I've never seen before. I'm very hype to see how it all plays out. Will catch you all again tomorrow <3

Love you all and your faces,
~xoffy
I love you.
In post 116, Despair Night wrote:Selling JC's identity for 100 in-game dollars. I need that vig shot. It's what I live for.

~som
Don't worry. I have a STRONG idea of who their main is.

They're a solid townlean, but not just yet. Got two other people I'm sorting well a lot at the moment.
In post 121, Despair Night wrote:No but I might if I see questions like those again :P

~Ms Despair, apparently
I like you.
In post 127, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:A wolf would definitely purchase a vig shot. That's pretty much the best possible item in the list for them.

Honestly though now it's your questions that look inconclusive. I asked you for reads, and you're refusing to answer. I see no reason for you to hold back on your thoughts.

-Farkran

pedit: agreed

VOTE: despair night
Disagree with the first statement. I didn't see a specific question you posed to their reads either.

hey,
Despair Night
, we demand reads. Please and thank you.

You see
Farkran
, your manners are important, without them, you can't proper infiltrate a town for information and then powerlynch them. ;)

Do you have any reads?

-Yang

p-edit

explain the bad entrance and follow-up of
Despair Night
? And
MK
being town. Do you have experience with those heads?
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:15 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

ooh
despair night
is probably town, unless I'm just jumping into their pocket but dw
Blake
will save me

-Yang

p-edit

The Searchers wrote:
In post 140, Blake X Yang wrote:135 explain the bad entrance and follow-up of Despair Night? And MK being town. Do you have experience with those heads?
It just reads fake. Like and look like they're trying just a little too hard to exude towniness. I don't like either.
Mk on the other hand does not read fake. Farkran seems authentic, like in
No I have no experience with either.

sc
I just don't feel any pull to see that
DN
is fake. Yeah, you could argue his posts are fruitless, but he just gave a solid read when I interacted with him.

Also,
Insomnia's
not beholden to throw reads out unless he believes there to be a reason to, which I think is more town-indicative in a game that will be swollen with nothing but conflicting arguments very soon, if not already at this point. If anything, them
"trying to exude towniness"
is really just joking, or a means to test reactions - that's how I read the openers.

And
Farkran
has a tone and playstyle that reminds me A LOT of my newb-mafia games. Like, nearly same person vibes off the bat.

So, I want them to spew. :) We can townspew together or they scumspew and I townspew them into oblivion.

I have no solid play experience with either player above.
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:25 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 145, egospray wrote:yang x dn scum i ship it
For someone doubling down on an early-game scumread, it's even more obvious for you to create a preflip associative around that.

It's a bit sloppy.

-Yang

p-edit

The Searchers wrote:Yeah it could just be joking around but it felt more off than that to me. But I don't know them at all so it could be nothing I suppose. I'm less concerned with their disinterest in dropping reads. Especially if that's just insomnia's meta.

What do you mean by saying Farkran's tone/playstyle reminds you of your newb mafia games?

P-edit: @Yang
Can you elaborate on
"off"
?

Yeah, I'll meta-check
Insomnia
but that's my initial take on it.

And, I guess I'll give you my meta games soon?? I got breakfast to eat, boi. You can meta my earliest games.

Just very detailed replies, no matter how little the situation is. Very refined and sticks to certain topics longer before creating an assessment. That's how I feel about
Farkran
. What I want to know, if that's AI, and how.
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 404, Black Hole Defection wrote:At some point pops will give me reads to work with and bounce off of too, that'll be neat.

-Prism
Same feels toward the
Blake
head, there's going to be a lot to filter when evaluating the thread critically. I've only been in two games ever that are as fast in posting as this.

I have about 5-6 reads total, but I feel good about them overall.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I will get to you
Searcher/Farkran
, about to head into another online lecture.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

who all died in that event? O_o

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

this game is wild holy shit

also, are these past 15-20 pages filler? honest question.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 589, Disaster Artists wrote:
In post 584, Blake X Yang wrote:this game is wild holy shit

also, are these past 15-20 pages filler? honest question.

-yang
This is the most content rich game in history

-JC
Then give me a very concise summary of it all, because I cannot keep up at this pace and provide qUaLiTy PlAy.
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

fuck

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 596, Black Hole Defection wrote:Yang: Why are you posting all of this and contributing to the problem you're describing?

And Hectic, I don't see why you can't elaborate on the egospray progression.

-Prism
I'm doing the opposite of contributing to the problem.

By displaying my loss at following the thread, I'm figuring out who is willing to sort with a slot, work with a slot, or exclusively look for reasons to suspect a slot. I'm also seeing how the most active players perceive the game so I can give context to their thought process, and assess them with more confidence.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

If I can't engage by reading 20+ pages that boomed out of nowhere, then I'm taking a much more conversational approach to adapt, at least until I have a better handle of more than just a handful of players.

I think not looking into my push for content a second deeper is a very surface level mentality, and I'm weeding that out because it's a reason why the game is so dense. Namely, if people are more talkative, then they either provide tons of content or none at all - and it's very likely AI. That's how I sort in this situation.

-yang

p-edit

Disaster Artists wrote:Maybe but everyone would be more excited to see your spicy hot takes without guidance

-JC
Speaker
is town, I've never encountered
Ircher
with this level of content that isn't town of him. A lot of his reads aren't the most popular at first glance, at least in my agreement with him, but he's not enforcing his will upon others, so I think he's town here. He's not aligning to a specific thought process and constructing his own.

Night Despair
felt town for reasons I've already mentioned. I don't follow the suspicion on him and I enjoyed some of their entrance posting, tbh.

You're very likely town to me because you're consistently in the thread but are finding means to sort - this is reinforced by who I think you are,
Cena
. I figured you wouldn't have such a conversational tone and sort in a scum POV because you're capable of devising very nuanced plans.

Unapologetic Foxy
actually felt town off first glance but that could be me misreading their personal vibe as AI. Through scampering the thread before it got larger earlier, I found that they townread this hydra -
and I want them to elaborate on why.
Since they supported someone who 1/2 of the hydra didn't agree with one of the first wagons of the game, I want to know what about this hydra's content is appealing.

Farkran Hydra
is harder to follow since multiple people with experience have expressed confusion in relation to their vibe - my other head
Blake
included. I like their consistent posting for content but I think they focus on details a bit much, and I'd like to become more conversational with them when it's more possible. I don't have a strong pull on this hydra either way, but I do not care for the other head saying
"guess I'll have to obvtown"
at some point, seemed defensive in nature.

I'm kind of sad
Hectic
died, I wanted to see why he felt
Farkran hydra/This hydra
was town, since both of us didn't have a clarified read on the other even after a subtle exchange.

Also, I greatly abhor people discussing post restrictions. It solves nothing. It's NAI.

Have not liked anything I've seen of
ego
, they've been present but not doing much. I disliked their associative of
Night Despair/this hydra
because I didn't feel convinced by the push there? Yeah, not stellar reasoning, but it's something. I want to communicate with my head before doing a push, ideally.

Everyone pushing
Pops
to die for winning the game feels very weird, and I want the reasoning explained.

I liked something about
Prism's
posting but I forgot. :P
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 607, Equitable Androids wrote:Regardless, I want to put Hectic as town for now. That's regardless of if his PR is real or fake. I pulled that stunt twice with no mod requirement. There's a difference to it as alignments go imo.

Blake X Yang, How are you distinguishing content versus volume? My theory on Ircher is partially he's putting out words that say nothing.

~Titus
I've seen him be so technical as town , I will say, my meta experience is weak, but that's my thinking. I don't think he has any specific agenda because nobody is a clear, solid town or scumread for him. For a player that takes things more at surface value, a game like this would generate a lack of certainty or a more specific voice for his playstyle.

I was scum.
Elemental Large
yessiree
was the mod. It was awhile back. An Open. Don't have the time or desire to dig but I can.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 609, Imperium wrote:
In post 605, Blake X Yang wrote:Everyone pushing Pops to die for winning the game feels very weird, and I want the reasoning explained.
:?
Don't gawk. Explain...

or

wE g0n FiTe ;)

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

Spoiler: Titus Quote
In post 615, Equitable Androids wrote:
In post 611, Blake X Yang wrote:I've seen him be so technical as town 368, I will say, my meta experience is weak, but that's my thinking. I don't think he has any specific agenda because nobody is a clear, solid town or scumread for him. For a player that takes things more at surface value, a game like this would generate a lack of certainty or a more specific voice for his playstyle.

I was scum. Elemental Large, yessiree was the mod. It was awhile back. An Open. Don't have the time or desire to dig but I can.

-yang
Don't bother. I don't really listen to or like meta barring very glaring personality tells that cannot be helped (but meta players rarely share those).

I relate more to actions being protown or proscum and relating it back to my own meta. That's why I am watch and see on Ircher.

~Titus

I think I like
Titus
for town and my god, is that unusual.

But yeah, it's not the strongest or most articulate read ever, but it's enough to not make me want to hardpush atm.

Spoiler: Imperium Quote
In post 616, Imperium wrote:
In post 613, Blake X Yang wrote:
In post 609, Imperium wrote:
In post 605, Blake X Yang wrote:Everyone pushing Pops to die for winning the game feels very weird, and I want the reasoning explained.
:?
Don't gawk. Explain...

or

wE g0n FiTe ;)
In post 612, Imperium wrote:I mean spiffy can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a joke.

Want to still 1v1? ;P DO you have any takes/reads?
In post 617, Cappy wrote:
In post 614, Cappy wrote:
In post 605, Blake X Yang wrote:I'm kind of sad Hectic died, I wanted to see why he felt Farkran hydra/This hydra was town, since both of us didn't have a clarified read on the other even after a subtle exchange.
Taly, do you mean this?
In post 373, Cappy wrote:I'm townreading Mikoto & Kuroko and Blake and can't remember Taly's name

- Silver Bullet
'Cause this was me, not Hectic. And we're not dead!!

- Silver Bullet
jesus, this is why I'm cautious with joining Larges...

So, can you help me read
Farkran
? Or follow me through your thought process there?
In post 618, Disaster Artists wrote:I think it's safe to say Taly isn't scum with Hectic either

-JC
[/quote]

Accept my pocket onto you already, damnit.

Is it a poor approach for me to focus on townreading people rather than pushing?

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

i literally came back into this game to try solving a bit around 2 hours ago and saw that 4+ people died and it wasn't too clear who, so I figured since I mentioned a good bit of people in my initial readslist someone was dead.

or at least i think? that Russian Roulette thing subverted my expectations of this game in a good manner.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

Equitable Androids wrote:
In post 640, Blake X Yang wrote:i literally came back into this game to try solving a bit around 2 hours ago and saw that 4+ people died and it wasn't too clear who, so I figured since I mentioned a good bit of people in my initial readslist someone was dead.

or at least i think? that Russian Roulette thing subverted my expectations of this game in a good manner.

-yang
They didn't die in game, only in the event.

Going now.
~Titus
OOOOF.

Guess I'll reread some things...

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (isolation #23) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

For convenience, I have added our heads to the signature of this account.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (isolation #24) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

And now it's visible.

-Blake
Hydra of Blake Belladonna and Yang Xiao Long
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (isolation #25) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

I am caught up.

Imperium is town. I'm familiar enough with Tammy to believe that her posting is more likely to come from town than scum.
Spiffybringer is town. Spiffeh's approach to the game doesn't look scum motivated.
Latias and Latios is town. I strongly suspect that I'd be catching on to them by now if they were scum with how much they're posting and how relevant a lot of it is.
Disaster Artists is likely town. I'm not necessarily locktowning them at this point like I feel I should be if they are town, but I don't believe that indicates scum either.
Unapologetically Foxy is likely town through my personality read on Xofelf, but I notably have only seen her play once in recent memory that I am aware of.
The Searchers is likely town. This is a gutread from SirCakez' posting.
Cappy is likely town. I don't get the impression that the hydra would be playing the way they are if they rolled scum this game.

NL, Smol Might, Flavortown, Egospray, Feminist Blocc, Equitable Androids, and Black Hole Defection are slots I'm not expressly townreading or scumreading.

Despair Night is a slight scumread.
Mikoto and Kuroko are a moderate to strong scumread.

VOTE: Mikoto and Kuroko

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (isolation #26) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

Prism, have we ever played in the same game before?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:26 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 715, Disaster Artists wrote:
In post 713, Imperium wrote:
In post 710, Disaster Artists wrote:Whoa blake, how dare you dodge my spiciness question

Scummy :3
why do you keep using the word spicy
I don't understand why it bothers me but it does.
and not in like a "ooh, scummy" type of way but a "why does this person keep using this word" kind of way
Blake knows that if she lies about how spicy she is I will know

-JC
You appear to have forgotten how Blake thinks.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:42 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 723, Disaster Artists wrote:How does Blake think?

-JC
No nonsense.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:52 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 728, Disaster Artists wrote:
In post 726, Blake X Yang wrote:
In post 723, Disaster Artists wrote:How does Blake think?

-JC
No nonsense.

-Blake
What, no little splashes of Alyssa even?

anyway should I be concerned that I almost entirely agree with your reads list :P

-JC
Sometimes I wonder whether you like teasing me in games for the hell of it or not. This is one of those times.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (isolation #30) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 736, Imperium wrote:hey JC who is your main?
It's rather blunt, but his identity is unlikely to be of use to you if you can't confidently place it by this stage.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (isolation #31) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 748, Imperium wrote:
In post 746, Despair Night wrote:It's probably a thing only if Blake was playing as well.

~som
is blake another alt within a hydra
Blake Belladonna is an Alyssa The Lamb alt.

You would know me as Ankamius.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (isolation #32) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:20 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 752, Imperium wrote:god I actually feel old right now
In post 753, Imperium wrote:I think probably for the second time in my life I legitimately feel old
I apologize if I am the or part of the cause of this.
In post 757, Imperium wrote:again i'm sorry for the excessive spam but i'm gonna log onto my main and try to find you now that i'm caught in my feelings

also hi Alyssa!!! now that I know you're a person that I actually know!!!
Hello! It's nice to see you again in a game where I'm not an active detriment.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (isolation #33) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:26 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 764, Imperium wrote:
In post 760, Disaster Artists wrote:alyssa you have never been a detriment in your entire life
I mean everybody fucks up sometimes and that's okay

I've definitely shit the bed a couple times back in my day

Alyssa simply hasn't done it in front of me yet which is kind of impressive considering the # of games we've played together
You've forgotten Baton Pass already, I see.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (isolation #34) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:56 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

I will probably go into why I scumread Mikoto and Kuroko later today. It mostly depends on whether my motivation for mafia maintains itself throughout the day.

I will note that I am untested with Farkran's scumgame and I have an inconsistent record at reading Bitmap, but I still believe that from what I know of how they play, both their approaches look more likely to come from a scum PM than a town PM.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (isolation #35) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:06 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 777, Imperium wrote:
In post 775, Blake X Yang wrote:I will probably go into why I scumread Mikoto and Kuroko later today. It mostly depends on whether my motivation for mafia maintains itself throughout the day.

I will note that I am untested with Farkran's scumgame and I have an inconsistent record at reading Bitmap, but I still believe that from what I know of how they play, both their approaches look more likely to come from a scum PM than a town PM.

-Blake
as I've alluded to earlier today I think that farkran tries to carry himself through scumgames through sheer willpower - he's willing to press ridiculous angles or drop bullshit reasoning on a whim despite his town game actually being pretty reasonable/badass
In post 778, Imperium wrote:I get the same vibes from his game this game with the caveat that tammy told me that it gets better before she passed out and also i'm incredibly drunk so maybe i'm not looking at the game as closely as I should be but I have ~great expectations~ surrounding that slot and so far they haven't delivered
It's entirely possible.

I mainly bring up the untested bit with Farkran because I've played with him twice so far, although both times he was scumreading me early and consistently I was also able to correctly determine him as town early on both times.

This game, it's possible I'm allowing his wait and see approach regarding my slot to color my opinion of him more than it should, but I've gotten no impression from his posts that his mindset is how he says he approaches every game.

Bitmap, as well, feels very similar to how he did in Titus vs Alisae. I mistakenly attributed it to him being a mason in that game, but there is no stick excuse here.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (isolation #36) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:54 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 670, Blake X Yang wrote:I am caught up.

Imperium is town. I'm familiar enough with Tammy to believe that her posting is more likely to come from town than scum.
Spiffybringer is town. Spiffeh's approach to the game doesn't look scum motivated.
Latias and Latios is town. I strongly suspect that I'd be catching on to them by now if they were scum with how much they're posting and how relevant a lot of it is.
Disaster Artists is likely town. I'm not necessarily locktowning them at this point like I feel I should be if they are town, but I don't believe that indicates scum either.
Unapologetically Foxy is likely town through my personality read on Xofelf, but I notably have only seen her play once in recent memory that I am aware of.
The Searchers is likely town. This is a gutread from SirCakez' posting.
Cappy is likely town. I don't get the impression that the hydra would be playing the way they are if they rolled scum this game.

NL, Smol Might, Flavortown, Egospray, Feminist Blocc, Equitable Androids, and Black Hole Defection are slots I'm not expressly townreading or scumreading.

Despair Night is a slight scumread.
Mikoto and Kuroko are a moderate to strong scumread.

VOTE: Mikoto and Kuroko

-Blake
Thanks for the hit list.

JC
, nOoOo, you're supposed to tell me why it's bad that I have a good bit of townreads right now, and not pushing many slots.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (isolation #37) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:54 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

*claps at Insomnia/Imperium*

In post 650, Spiffybringer wrote:VOTE: Smol Might
Weakest ISO in the game atm, seems like they're trying too hard to seem carefree, and their only "meaningful" content so far is their commentary around Hectic's potential posting restriction which is a pretty unhelpful thing to talk about.
After a very lazy
Smol Might
ISO skim, I thought this was a solid vote since:
In post 426, Smol Might wrote:Notice: Post Restrictions are not restricted to town and can also be faked

-J
Is the sum of what I dislike in discussing all validities of claims, so what warrants a vote on this slot?

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (isolation #38) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:07 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Interesting.

I don't remember Farkran ever shading slots like he is here before.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (isolation #39) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:12 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 648, Disaster Artists wrote:
In post 630, Blake X Yang wrote:Accept my pocket onto you already, damnit.
I'll get in your pocket if you get in mine :3

-JC
;)
In post 649, Unapologetically Foxy wrote:
In post 605, Blake X Yang wrote:Unapologetic Foxy actually felt town off first glance but that could be me misreading their personal vibe as AI. Through scampering the thread before it got larger earlier, I found that they townread this hydra - and I want them to elaborate on why. Since they supported someone who 1/2 of the hydra didn't agree with one of the first wagons of the game, I want to know what about this hydra's content is appealing.
Okay so, I said towniest vibe, not that I was townreading you. I know there's not that much of a difference, but there is a little bit of nuance. By towniest vibe I mean things that feel like a net positive that will only make the game easier to sort. However, I've played a few too many games that the person who was doing the nicest most helpful things were scum, so having a good vibe isn't enough for me to townread a slot. Their actions, as well as their content, also need to be good.

So what I was saying was I like the way you post. Like, your pair feels like one that actual discussion with clearly stated and easy to follow points will come from. Also the bolding of names in your posts makes them so much easier to process rather than just pure walls of text like most people tend to post with. It just was easy to read and follow, and I like that and hope that continues.

~xoffy
Well, let's begin discussion. :twisted:

1)
Why could
Titus'
entrance come from scum?
2)
Is
Spiffy's hydra
a valid lynch?
3)
Do you think that much of
Mikoto-Something
places too much emphasis on appearing a certain manner?
4)
What is one reason to townread
Black Hole Defection
?
In post 653, Black Hole Defection wrote:
In post 207, Cappy wrote:Image

In post 207, Cappy wrote:Image

I don't think we should blow this CO up day one. COs with weak stats have strong CO Powers, often. We don't know what side it's for, yeah, but CO Powers help more for Orange Star.
What does CO/CO power mean?
In post 247, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 246, Smol Might wrote:
In post 98, Latias and Latios wrote:Why aren’t there 10 pages of spam already /s

-Latios

Because I just woke up

-J
Oh good you remembered this game existed

-Latias
Lazy shade.
I'm not quite following my head's townread on
Latios/Latias
just yet, why should I, or why not?
In post 275, Smol Might wrote:
In post 271, The Searchers wrote:The PR (real or not) doesn't make Cappy town

SC
Well yes but it s fun enough to let them live a bit longer honestly
You're not being a straight shooter. Why did you switch stories? None of the Fog of War on Cappy had moved, you only learned The Searchers don't like your take.
Ooh, I want this answered.
In post 282, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:
In post 274, Smol Might wrote:Farkran wolf for mindmelding on Cappy

/s

hi farkran we aren't magical girls this time but we can be masons for real this time if you want :3

-E
I hope we do, i still feel bad about the last normal. I don't scumread you as of now so it's all good

Why the latibros scum? I think they are ok, not engaged much but no sign of scumminess yet?

-Farkran
This makes me think, no matter Farkran's army, his matching analysis style is going to be the thing that keeps me from getting BORED! Lots of people just flatly stating "this post is Black Hole". That's no fun! I hope we can tag, but even a thrilling enemy is something to look forwards to, Sonja knows that.
In post 367, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:TOWN
Latias and Latios (Chemist1422 and Gamma Emerald)

Cappy (Hectic and Pink Ball)
How do you feel so certain about Cappy?
In post 372, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:
In post 368, The Searchers wrote:
Spoiler: readlist
Reads as of .
(From rereading the thread.)
Confirmed Town
(From my perspective) (98%-100% Confidence)
The Searchers (100%): Role PM

Likely Town
(85%-97% Confidence)

Leaning Town
(60%-84% Confidence)
Mikoto and Kuroko: is a decent entrance, but it does give off the newer player vibe. (A bit too cordial, etc.) has the same vibe as the entrance post. is a good vote. is a bit of a copout though.

Neutral Town
(31%-59% Confidence; Mixed Read or Diffident Read)
Cappy (+50%): The posting restriction is definitely +town equity. I doubt it's faked even if it is Hectic we're talking about.

Latias and Latios (+40%): A little bit of gut with a hint of meta sprinkled in.

Spiffybringer (+34%): Fire is just being fire. Good vibes overall from their slot.

Null
(0%-30% Confidence; No/Very Weak Read)
Feminist Blocc (+3%): Feels townish, though Disaster Artists' lightheartedness around this slot is worrying.

Equitable Androids (+2%): I like the vote in .

Blake X Yang (+1%): is a good point, but it's negated by the fact they didn't do anything to redirect the conversation. Their reads worry me though as they are basically the opposite of mine.

egospray (-8%): First several posts are doing pretty much nothing.

Imperium (-9%): Not fond of entrance posts like .

Neutral Scum
(31%-59% Confidence; Mixed Read or Diffident Read)
Dispair Night (-40%): is a poor first impression. is obnoxious, and it is something I can see scum doing.

Disaster Artists (-47%): is something scum would say. strikes me poorly as well. Too buddy-buddy for my tastes. Despite what they say, *is* overly pedantic.

Leaning Scum
(60%-75% Confidence)
​​
Likely Scum
(76%-100% Confidence)

Players are placed in different sections based on my confidence in the read expressed as a percentage. A positive percentage indicates that I leans towards town on a player whereas a negative percentage indicates I lean towards scum on a player. Please note that the Null section contains both townreads and scumreads, and you must look a the sign of the percentage in parenthesis to determine which way I lean.

Confidence ratings are rough estimates (and somewhat arbitrary) and are relative to one another. In addition, they tend to be scored on a quadratic scale versus a linear scale; in other words, the difference between 0% and 30% tends to be less than the difference between 30% and 60%.

Disclaimer: These reads reflect my reads and not those of my hydra partner.

~Ircher
Well no shit that's a nice readlist. And aside from the good formatting i see that we agree on the relevant stuff.
No way. It should be black.
In post 373, Cappy wrote:I'm townreading Mikoto & Kuroko and Blake and can't remember Taly's name

- Silver Bullet
In post 375, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:Also sorry i thought i had enabled signature on this account but apparently i didn't so forgive me for this test post where i fix the issue

-Farkran
The post I mentioned earlier is not as whack as a Bitmap post, since he fought in a similar way alongside Orange Star in the Battle of Magical Girls.
I've mostly not read the opening dossier about how each CO has disguised themselves. It's more fun to make some mistakes, even if it causes a death or two. Teehee.
In post 406, The Searchers wrote:Both Spiffeh and Fire are playing to their metas
Not town or scum, just their usual

SC
Yo, 34% is a big number. You don't have to be a genius like me to realize that's not "usual". Responding to a request for your blueprints by saying you didn't build it anyway is what my Black Hole lieutenants did when they were missing deadlines, because they don't know how to build anyway.
Vote: Searcher
Unbolded, I am not caught up yet and will not catch up before I need to go to bed, so Hawke can continue to move the chesspieces, for now. But if you want a genius's take, this says most about uniform color of anything I've read so far.
[/quote]

Why are you interested in this specific read of
Ircher
and not the other reads that have higher confidence or even less specific reasoning?
In post 408, Blake X Yang wrote:I will get to you
Searcher/Farkran
, about to head into another online lecture.

-yang
Looking cute won't win you combat Nell.
Blake is the easier opponent for me, I think I mentioned that after the Battle of Purgatory, so I'm looking forward to seeing her on the battefield here and not just in your HQ. Your moves have been a blur to me thus far. Are you an Eagle?
im a toucan bby

But yeah, my moves are blurry to me even, tbh. If you mean
"opponent"
in a flavor context, as in ease of reading and not combating, then I'm inclined to see your genuineness.

Though, you're not accomplishing much by keeping me in stated mystery.
Imperium wrote:The reason why I mentioned Ircher there is because of his reaction to my opening post. I don't think I've played with Ircher? Or not enough to recognize the name I don't think. Anyway if this is Ircher, he's trying to claim some kind of understanding about how I play, which would mean that there's no way he doesn't like my opening posts. People who don't know me usually hate my opening posts whereas people who do know me, probably still hate my opening posts, but know that's just me and ignore it. So if it's ircher then the two reactions make no sense and that's a problem.
This seems like something scary for CO Tammy to try to bring to the War Room if she knew under her jacket she wears black. The message invites everyone to think about who she is, although she is only trying to launch rockets at CO Ircher.

I read up to page twenty and I must sleep. On review, I had two different thoughts on Latios/Latias, but given I put stock in an intel that CO Chemist has Black Hole-like stratagems even when with the Orange Star, I see Orange there overall. Hawke can vote anywhere, but will delight me if he votes Searchers or Smol Might.
I like this take on
Tammy

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (isolation #40) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:13 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

oh god, my track record of well-refined wallposts has crashed

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (isolation #41) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:24 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 802, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:
In post 605, Blake X Yang wrote:If I can't engage by reading 20+ pages that boomed out of nowhere, then I'm taking a much more conversational approach to adapt, at least until I have a better handle of more than just a handful of players.

I think not looking into my push for content a second deeper is a very surface level mentality, and I'm weeding that out because it's a reason why the game is so dense. Namely, if people are more talkative, then they either provide tons of content or none at all - and it's very likely AI. That's how I sort in this situation.

-yang

p-edit

Disaster Artists wrote:Maybe but everyone would be more excited to see your spicy hot takes without guidance

-JC
Speaker
is town, I've never encountered
Ircher
with this level of content that isn't town of him. A lot of his reads aren't the most popular at first glance, at least in my agreement with him, but he's not enforcing his will upon others, so I think he's town here. He's not aligning to a specific thought process and constructing his own.

Night Despair
felt town for reasons I've already mentioned. I don't follow the suspicion on him and I enjoyed some of their entrance posting, tbh.

You're very likely town to me because you're consistently in the thread but are finding means to sort - this is reinforced by who I think you are,
Cena
. I figured you wouldn't have such a conversational tone and sort in a scum POV because you're capable of devising very nuanced plans.

Unapologetic Foxy
actually felt town off first glance but that could be me misreading their personal vibe as AI. Through scampering the thread before it got larger earlier, I found that they townread this hydra -
and I want them to elaborate on why.
Since they supported someone who 1/2 of the hydra didn't agree with one of the first wagons of the game, I want to know what about this hydra's content is appealing.

Farkran Hydra
is harder to follow since multiple people with experience have expressed confusion in relation to their vibe - my other head
Blake
included. I like their consistent posting for content but I think they focus on details a bit much, and I'd like to become more conversational with them when it's more possible. I don't have a strong pull on this hydra either way, but I do not care for the other head saying
"guess I'll have to obvtown"
at some point, seemed defensive in nature.

I'm kind of sad
Hectic
died, I wanted to see why he felt
Farkran hydra/This hydra
was town, since both of us didn't have a clarified read on the other even after a subtle exchange.

Also, I greatly abhor people discussing post restrictions. It solves nothing. It's NAI.

Have not liked anything I've seen of
ego
, they've been present but not doing much. I disliked their associative of
Night Despair/this hydra
because I didn't feel convinced by the push there? Yeah, not stellar reasoning, but it's something. I want to communicate with my head before doing a push, ideally.

Everyone pushing
Pops
to die for winning the game feels very weird, and I want the reasoning explained.

I liked something about
Prism's
posting but I forgot. :P
Interesting post from Yang, whereas i remember a terrible push from blake happening several pages ahead of where i am at.
LOL, excuse me?

A bit funny you paint
Blake's
vote so poorly. How is it terrible if you haven't even read forward with critical thought? That's a preemptive statement that's meant to disregard an assessment. Both heads of this hydra have expressed some form of uncertainty of your slot, so claiming the vote as invalid before actually understanding the reasons behind the push is quite disingenuous. You either have the instilled idea that our push will be bad, or you're bracing yourself to combat our replies to you, neither are effective or town-indicative behaviors.
In post 802, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:These two hydra are both reasonably active (not top posters, but also definitely not lurkers) but do not seem to be privately communicating about their opinions.
Are you in our PT?
Ank
and I haven't been able to do a full-out conversation to hash everything out, but that's partially why we're working around each other's reads here. That's a bit presumptuous of you to assume about our hydra only a little over a day after the game has begun.

I don't like your nitpick of detail here, it doesn't feel genuine.
In post 802, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:I have just recently played my first game in a hydra with alisae, and we've been collaborating the shit out of that game as a town slot. This hydra with bitmap is vastly different, but that's because bitmap is fairly disengaged with the game so far.
OK?

You're associating effort and collaboration as an exclusively alignment indicative trait, as well as a cut and dry behavior. Not everyone works the same way as you, and it's a free argument for scum to project their standard of behavior onto another slot. If you're going to go this angle in combating this slot's attention to you, then flesh it out and redact your statement.

In post 802, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:Yet, i would expect that taly/alyssa would be much more in line with their posting, and seeing these independent strikes from them is not something i'm fancying right now. Their voting pattern is also a bit weird based on progression, but i'll go about this later when i get to blake posts.

-Farkran
Have you even played with me before?

Tbh,
Aly/I
have pretty aligned reads for players who solve on a completely different wavelength.

I dislike that you treat us as one person, and not two separate thought processes. But you know, we're aligning a bit further in reads now.

I don't townread you here.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (isolation #42) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:27 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

ok back to a critical catchup

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (isolation #43) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:33 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 743, Imperium wrote:hectic is town for hectic's interactions with farkran
hey
imperium
, welcome to the
tOwNiEs

can you point to me
hectic's
interaction with
farkran
and what was towny over it?
In post 762, egospray wrote:Ank are you gonna figure out the game like Fusion Mafia?

-gb
Yeah, I want to know the motive behind this question.

Insomnia
, I'll get to one of your recent posts v soon. :D

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (isolation #44) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:03 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I'll bite.
In post 729, Despair Night wrote:So this is my first non-IC newbie game. Welcome everyone, and JC especially from our history. I had a custom of posing some introductory questions to get the game started:

1. What is your experience at Mafia
Years, I guess? On and off. Forum mafia.
In post 729, Despair Night wrote:2. How do you play as town
3. How do you play as scum
Oof, where do I begin.

As town,
I have a WIDE variety of ways I show as my alignment. My townrange is larger than my scumrange. I can't even attempt to fake the level of opinion, emotionality, and read progression as scum as I do town since my brain goes in many directions at once, all the time.

I'm not particularly good in gamestate clarity, reads, or town cohesion... usually, when I excel in one of the 3, I am doing poor in another. I'm very good at keeping an honest thought process as town, so if we're using reflection as a measure of town strength, then I have this in spades, if I'm not too frustrated or apathetic to try. I've been told I townspew a lot, and I reason
very well.
I'm usually good at persuasion.

Yes, my variety of appearance as town - as well as it being common that I'm townread, but not the best at solving OR vice versa - often leaves me in 3 fates as town:
1)
I am NKed very early.
2)
I make it to lylo even though I usually abhor the idea.
3)
I gamesolve and town stomp with the plist that works to my strengths. Players like
Blake
help because they're a very different perspective that helps illuminate mine. A reason I hydra.

As town in hydra,
I have this cognitive idea that I'm immune to adverse situations because I can reason why my partner is town through confbias. Confbias and AtE plague my ability to solve as town very greatly, since I'm considered to be a more emotional player DESPITE having very logical thought processes and reasoning for my actions. Though, I very much try to work with my head and am enthusiastic doing so, I'm more lenient in how I do it.

When I'm scum,
I'm incredibly calculated. My brain focuses on attaching narratives that both serve to keep me and/or my teammates alive, and I'm far less stream-of-consciousness. I'd even say that I'm breaking my scumrange hard just by these last string of posts because I don't stream-of-consciousness much as scum, too much risk and uncertainty. I'm not a very confident scum player, tbh.

But, with my reputation and situational strengths, I have misted people as scum pretty hard before. My posting style and appearance can seem very similar to town, but ultimately, I'm not as nuanced in my opinions. I usually use my emotions to perpetuate a narrative I surmise rather than throw them out in the open as a means to encourage help in sorting.

As scum in a hydra,
I'm VERY, intensely focused on little cognitive dissonance with my head. I try to be very structured, and I'm even more rigid. People somehow townread this. I don't get it. I can
appear
easier as my town-game in a scum hydra, since I have the leverage of communing and speaking with my head(s), but sometimes, I'm even more filtered than as solo-scum, which is already a good bit.

What's definitively NAI for me?

I survive longer than most people expect as both alignment, unless I'm mislynched/caught very early. Even then, people who know me ALWAYS say I'm easier to solve as the game progresses in most situations, so this usually doesn't happen... and I'm more likely mislynched than caught as scum D1.

My casing. The way I make wallposts. How I present myself. Emotion/tone change the flavor of this and
MIGHT
be AI, but not the syntax itself.
In post 729, Despair Night wrote:4. What do you think gives away a player as scum or town

~som
Pretty circumstantial answer that can be changed due to meta and environmental changes in a person's life that affects their thought process in how they believe they should interact into a deception AND team-based social game.

I think scum more likely forgets the team-based aspect, and focuses much more on the deception. This mentality can and has taken many forms.

-

and my catchup is done. :D

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (isolation #45) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:27 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 838, Spiffybringer wrote:With the realization that Blake = Ankamius I think Blake x Yang is very likely Town

~Spiffy
Why?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (isolation #46) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:47 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Blake meta is quite different from Alyssa meta.

I would caution against merging the two.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (isolation #47) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 847, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:pedit @blake: different meta from blake or alyssa have no inference on your read accuracy around me, unless you are saying that ankamius is a good reader and blake isn't, which would be nonsensical. You may change personality and modus operandi by switching accounts, you do not change your accuracy rating.
What was the point of writing this?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (isolation #48) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

fuck, just missed the event.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (isolation #49) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Insomnia
, it's boring that you asked 4 self-meta questions and then not followed up with a response when someone replied.

What was the point of it if it was just to see who would reply? If at all?

Also, I have like... 8-9 reads at the moment, and I'm getting better and assessing their strength.

And on the contrary
Ircher
, I did gain some read clarity from my , the prompted interaction with
Cena
helped my read of
Disaster's
slot, and his consistency in attitude toward
Blake
reinforces my reads. I want
Pops/Prism
to pick my brain more before I come to a conclusion there. Also,
Flavortown
at that point in the thread said he didn't have any definitive views on what was going on in the game until that point, despite having been involved 100+ posts prior, and hasn't been in the thread today to my perception. It could be an activity difference but I'm less impressed with the slot's response during the conversation that revolved around that post.

-yang

p-edit

Unapologetically Foxy wrote:
In post 804, Blake X Yang wrote:Well, let's begin discussion.

1) Why could Titus' entrance come from scum?
2) Is Spiffy's hydra a valid lynch?
3) Do you think that much of Mikoto-Something places too much emphasis on appearing a certain manner?
4) What is one reason to townread Black Hole Defection?
Okay sure, I'll answer these.

1) I mean, anybody's start could be from scum. But Titus is someone I've played a few games with and I'd like to think I can read her by now. Her start seems a little slow for her, but I don't know that it's AI, she seems to actually be busy with things. But she does seem to be holding back a little. That's really the only thing from my perspective. I don't go in for a "oh this person is scum cuz they started by saying/doing x" way of play. I'm always about tone and what brand of defensive people are being, are they lying/hiding something, is what they're doing helping town. So how people start could be absolutely meaningless.

2) With no actual information, isn't everybody? I don't think Spiffy's hydra has given any actual reasons they should be lynched though, and lynching them wouldn't actually give much information to go forward with. I don't know that anyone fits this yet. Most Day 1 lynches really don't from my limited experience.

3) I don't know that I'd say they look like they're going out of their way to have a certain perception, but reading them in isolation, they do have an odd tone that feels performative. Could just be how they're playing their hydra, I couldn't say, I don't have any experience with either head at all. At the same time, I weirdly like them?

4) Their posts have actual content to them. When they're saying anything, they actually link back to things that support their claims or help expand further what it is they mean. They're a hydra that I expect will also continue to give good content that is actually helpful to the town. I just like their logical tone so far. That's a reason enough for me.

I'm still waiting on Pine's opinions on things and to actually catch up, but I hope this kinda gives you a perspective on how I view and think about things?

~xoffy
shiny wallpost!! I'll assess soon and we may continue discussion. :)
Unapologetically Foxy wrote:Also, ugh, you actually made me do actual work in a mafia game, gross. I hope you're happy. >:(

~xoffy
feel it h03
Cappy wrote:Image

Chara
is A fucking +

And I'd love it equally as much if you'd pay more attention to me ;) Half because I don't have a strong grasp on you while others seem to do, and also because I love your posting. :D Jealous as hell.
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (isolation #50) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

FFS this game is fast (though I love that), but I want to nap :(

xofelf/cappy
, I will get to you when I post next time, I mean it.

So if anyone else wants to do a
yang head
Q&A, join in.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (isolation #51) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I know I have a backlog of stuff to look at and maybe respond to. I'll get to it tomorrow, hopefully.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (isolation #52) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:54 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 802, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:Interesting post from Yang, whereas i remember a terrible push from blake happening several pages ahead of where i am at. These two hydra are both reasonably active (not top posters, but also definitely not lurkers) but do not seem to be privately communicating about their opinions. I have just recently played my first game in a hydra with alisae, and we've been collaborating the shit out of that game as a town slot. This hydra with bitmap is vastly different, but that's because bitmap is fairly disengaged with the game so far.

Yet, i would expect that taly/alyssa would be much more in line with their posting, and seeing these independent strikes from them is not something i'm fancying right now. Their voting pattern is also a bit weird based on progression, but i'll go about this later when i get to blake posts.

-Farkran
This is how all my hydras play. If I'm in line or consistently syncing with my hydra partner within a game, there's very good odds I'm either not posting at all or having very little presence in the main thread.

Scumreading based off this is fallacious.
In post 818, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:On to stronger reads:

707+781 from despair were good. I think very few slots have actually realized that my initial read on egospray and the question to despair was aimed to get out from RVS rather than pushing something consistent. We were, like, page 6 when that happened? I prodded two slots to deliver content, and gave everyone else something to analyze.

A lot of people focused on that exchange as if it was a push that scum would make - which only makes sense from slots who want to join the 1v1 to sort me and also giving more content for other people to analyze. I liked those, and i also liked the slots who picked the RT up and tried to analyze it from a distance. Imperium's 705+711+777 is nitpicking on details but i can see them trying to identify how town!Farkran works as opposed to undertalescum!Fark. I feel like they are pausing to assess if i am actually trying to bullshit push my way or not in this game, and that's a proper approach to my introductory posts.

I disliked slots who are ignoring the current gamestate and are not proactively trying to improve it. I feel like scum would find lurking an efficient strategy in this game, and that's why i am not fond of NL and egospray himself yet.

Other slots, such as blake/yang, have used that exchange to make a push on me way later into the game, without pausing to analyze my intent when i posted that. Another element that points at blake/yang being scum is the dissonance in yang's readlists vs their analysis on my slot. They have a dislike of egospray (which i am voting), yet they never proactively examined the slot and went with voting me instead. This might be NAI for egospray but it's definitely AI for blake/yang. Post 670 was terrible in this context, basically entirely made of consensus townreads, nullreads on plausible scum and scumreads on town. 775 and 780 are simply shooting the shit because that's nowhere near a solid hold to make a push on my slot so far. I think they would have reason to remove me if they are scum, definitely not if they are town.

VOTE: Blake and Yang i feel like i have identified a scum motivated push.

Willing to listen more about egospray, i don't see these two slots as disaligned.

-Farkran
This post entirely assumes that you are obviously town up to this point, which you are not.

You've been playing very differently from both other games I've played with you, even taking our discord conversations into account. I have a personality read on you that makes me strongly believe that you would challenge scumreads similarly to the way skitter30 confronts me when she believes she's obviously town and yet I'm voting her anyway. The way you're going about this exchange does not give me the same impression. The way you're going about this exchange gives me much more of an impression that you are attempting to build up enough initial credibility to properly challenge the scumread and brute force an advantage to cut the momentum short.

I don't remember ever seeing you do this as town rather than just confrontation and pressure. This political speak is unbecoming of you.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (isolation #53) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 847, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:pedit @blake: different meta from blake or alyssa have no inference on your read accuracy around me, unless you are saying that ankamius is a good reader and blake isn't, which would be nonsensical. You may change personality and modus operandi by switching accounts, you do not change your accuracy rating.
I would like to point out that this was directly made in response to me telling Spiffeh that he shouldn't townread Blake off Alyssa meta, considering both of them have very different playstyle presentations and tells. It's not even ambiguous that this is the case.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (isolation #54) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:04 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 873, Equitable Androids wrote:
In post 780, Blake X Yang wrote:Bitmap, as well, feels very similar to how he did in Titus vs Alisae. I mistakenly attributed it to him being a mason in that game, but there is no stick excuse here.
Who were you in T v A?

~Titus
Spoiler:
In post 21, Ankamius wrote:Hello everyone.

VOTE: Okapoka

---
In post 210, Ankamius wrote:
In post 180, Espeonage wrote:Fun fact if I was Ali I would have picked Spif, FL, Ank, and Hectic.
In post 186, Bitmap wrote:Survivability?

E wouldn't pick people that'd die early on imo.
Incorrect.

Drafting me as scum while Krazy is in the game and not also scum is suicidal.

---
In post 316, Ankamius wrote:Hello Pine. I am not an ascetic.

--
In post 573, Ankamius wrote:Hello everybody. Does anybody have an idea of where to start to get reads in this game?

---
In post 684, Ankamius wrote:
In post 679, Titus wrote:
In post 678, Ankamius wrote:this game feels like it should be easy and that makes me wonder how much of it is manipulated

---

Can you tell me your list?

I also agree with Cerb.

Gobble, why are you voting Pine?
Unfortunately, I got sidetracked while going through a deeper dive earlier. I am only going by baseline gut feelings from the most recent posts.

---
In post 904, Ankamius wrote:
In post 901, Spiffeh wrote:Hi Ank I saw earlier you were having trouble gathering reads. Is that still the case?
No, it is not.

---
In post 910, Ankamius wrote:
In post 909, Titus wrote:
In post 906, Ankamius wrote:I agree with this. I also believe they are a high likelihood to be a snipe by Alisae due to their raw proficiency in setup information. Alisae knows going into this game that there's going to be several strong town players that are unavoidably going to be town, so it's reasonably rational to pick up a powerhouse in mechanics to help prevent a disadvantage from forming via mechanics as well.

Considering that Cerberus is provably competent at using mechanics to his advantage to set himself up as very likely town via those methods, I don't believe he would be afraid of an ascetic claim making him lynchable early on in the game.
And you think Cerb filters Drixx posting because?
I don't understand what this is referring to.

---
In post 914, Ankamius wrote:
In post 913, Titus wrote:Why? This argument already assumes he's scum.
I was responding to this bit.
In post 911, Titus wrote:You're starting that Cerb would use mechanics to set himself up as town. Ok, theory granted but ascetic doesn't make anyone look town.
---
In post 943, Ankamius wrote:
In post 931, gobbledygook wrote:Ank why is Spiffeh your highest townread?
I don't see his general mindset this game coming from scum.

---
In post 996, Ankamius wrote:VOTE: TrueSoulEnergy

---
In post 1082, Ankamius wrote:Why am I scum, TSE?

---
In post 1118, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1115, Titus wrote:
Sherlock, where is Watson?

Ank, who will become unavoidably town in this playerlist? Why?

Flavor Leaf, why do you not feel memorable?

TSE, give me another shot of the wheel.
Are you asking about unavoidably town via draft, or via play?

---
In post 1280, Ankamius wrote:I'm not actually as mad at you as you think I am. I don't hold grudges for very long.

---
In post 1627, Ankamius wrote:
In post 220, Hectic wrote:how common is asceticism?
the biggest thing that can probably get the point that I find his entire approach to the game very bizarre is this post.

Namely, look at that entire page and try to figure out where exactly this post came from.

As an addition, what I really don't like is that most of his ISO is shitposting and memes, and his content posts look like this:
In post 281, Hectic wrote:why don't you be the change you want to see Ank?
give us something worthwhile
In post 403, Hectic wrote:Reasonably rational town
don't really get what's going on with Espeonage/Pine
In post 407, Hectic wrote:agree with Pine and FL
why is Espeonage announcing himself as the strongest town PR in the game?
In post 627, Hectic wrote:
In post 609, Bitmap wrote:@Titus: WHY ARE YOU STILL TALKING ABOUT MASONS????????

Titus stop.
over reaction
she was explaining how drafting works without listing any names
please enter the FoS (Field of Suspects)
In post 644, Hectic wrote:isn't TSE being TOO dumb this game?
also for the record
Aaron Fucking Frost is town
In post 1183, Hectic wrote:
In post 1163, Sherlock and Watson wrote:What do you think of GG? Of the currently active posters he's the only one I'd consider for recruitment. What do you think?

-S
I'm not seeing consistent thought processes in any of his posts, which is rather interesting for somebody who has been engaged as heavily into the game as Hectic and with the amount of general 'content' he's posted in the game. I saw significantly more in the last time I've seen him in a game.

To make it worse, there actually is a thought process in his ISO, but, well, the process behind these posts are unnatural.
In post 1496, Hectic wrote:
In post 1370, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1368, Sherlock and Watson wrote:
In post 1363, Flavor Leaf wrote:Does Alisae have access to the Mafia PT and can talk in it?
I'm like ready to town boon but I actually feel really surprised this is a question he is asking, almost too much?

idk maybe not

-S
My dumbness as scum comes off a lot more genuine than it does when I’m town.

Antihero commented one a dead thread once “if Boon is scum, that’s the best fake confusion I’ve ever seen”

When I’m town being dumb, I’m being a derp.

ScumDerp is like when I slip, but I cleverly figure out a way against it.
In post 1371, Flavor Leaf wrote:The masonry is outed?
this post following the first one is hilarious
Leafy's feeling obvtown
with the mason bloc slipping
and the "too lazy to go and check but it should be 4 or 5 scum this game"
In post 1497, Hectic wrote:Leafy, your logic for TSE regarding drafting is:
-Last person Ali would pick
-Therefore, raises his chance of being picked
-Which lowers the chance of him being picked
-Which puts him middle of the pack for picks

Your logic for yourself:
-Ali would never pick me
-Therefore, Ali would never pick me

why the difference?
In post 1500, Hectic wrote:
In post 1381, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1379, Sherlock and Watson wrote:
In post 1376, Flavor Leaf wrote:Aaron and Hectic were lean towns for me from my read through, I commented on my AF read, so that’s good that my gut was right with them.

Pine being a mason actually helps a lot, and lowers a heavy pick.
hmmmmmmmmmm

I claim masons and Boon does not get the joke

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HMMMMMMMM

hmmmm

nah not gonna think more about it right now

-S
I thought you said Hectic, Pine, AF were masons in your one post, so i thought you were just trollin
here Leafy thinks Sherlock's hmmming is regarding Sherlock himself claiming mason
still thinks Hectic AaronFF Pine are masons
that's some advanced confusion if scum
I didn't spoiler the above because somehow it ate my post when I tried last time. Sorry.

Anyways, I don't find it to be very natural to call a slot obvtown, then to ask them a question that normally would be used for sorting, and then to explain the read afterwards.

I also don't feel like the interaction with Spiffeh shortly afterwards was for any reason other than to force a random read on them either. It's so stilted of an engagement that it's hard to see it as genuine.
In post 1629, Ankamius wrote:---
In post 1647, Ankamius wrote:Very well. I will return to observing in the meantime.

---
In post 1669, Ankamius wrote:I don't see a clown nose avi, Alisae.

---
In post 1776, Ankamius wrote:The RR scumread and vote were fake.

---
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (isolation #55) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:13 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 917, Cappy wrote:Image

I distantly remember roughly what the difference is. I believe I would be picking up on the difference if it was present even if I might not necessarily be able to describe what I'm seeing, exactly.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (isolation #56) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:26 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

Almost all of this game is pure noise.

Saddening.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (isolation #57) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:29 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

Anyway, I'm caught up and approximately none of my reads have changed over the last twelve or so pages.

I will likely step back and let Yang have control over the posting and the vote until the game is less noisy in order to allow me to focus more elsewhere. I will still be following along roughly, so direct me places if I need to look at anything.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (isolation #58) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1148, Disaster Artists wrote:
In post 1143, Blake X Yang wrote:Almost all of this game is pure noise.

Saddening.

-Blake
This game is chock full of rich content
Primarily from slots I'm already confident on.

Reinforcing the same reads over twenty pages does nothing for me, sorry.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (isolation #59) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:34 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1151, Disaster Artists wrote:Your reads not changing doesn't mean the content is bad. :P

It means there's more of the same that helps reinforce

Pedit: ninja'd :P
I spent half of my free time before work reading posts that don't make my understanding of the game progress in any way.

That isn't exactly a good use of time.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (isolation #60) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:38 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

I've made the conscious decision not to even bother with events after hearing what the first one was.

Only you are to blame for your own actions in taking part within them.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1175 (isolation #61) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:00 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Farkran
giving a code to reading
Pops
so I won't have to decode her after reading 300 posts to catchup AFTER I do hours of classwork is the towniest thing I've noted of him so far.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1176 (isolation #62) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:02 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Farkran
, I genuinely think that all of your assessments of this slot - at least
Blake
- are wrong, contradictory, or a weird angle to take but I don't want to derail the thread and disrupt gameflow by putting you into a crater, since I'm not as confident as
Blake
on the scumread here.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1177 (isolation #63) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:07 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1176, Blake X Yang wrote:a weird angle
unfair is a better word. But I'm too tired and vexed IRL to 1v1 here, and this isn't going to help me filter the thread any better.

I don't disagree with
Blake's
POV of the game, if that means anything. We just don't approach quite the same way.

So, if you're town
Farkran
, please entertain the fact that you're not 100% tunneling us as scum, and treat us as potential town as I am you.

Now, time to do classwork... and then reply to what I said I would... and then reply to catchup in the thread...

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (isolation #64) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1218, Pine wrote:
In post 1213, Gamma Emerald wrote:That you seem to think I live in a voodoo time zone? Pretty sure we're both Eastern Time.
Yeah, so you live in a normal time zone with Xof and I. Not sure where the disconnect is.
pine
am I a sTrOnK tOwNiE who can do whatever their heart desires iF tHeY tRy?

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (isolation #65) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

It was probably the only joke I've made this game...

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1252 (isolation #66) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

the
Feminist Bloc/Searcher/LatiosLatias/Spiffybringer
4-hydra interaction is extremely hilarious, just by skimming it all, I feel like I'm reading 8 clones of the same person at this point, mostly based on both tone and syntax of posts, nothing specifically AI as I haven't critically read it all yet.

OK, done shitposting and I need to finish classwork, next posts will have high-caliber content, everybody in this game can hold me to it.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (isolation #67) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1310, Black Hole Defection wrote:
Spoiler: Blake
In post 1157, Blake X Yang wrote:I've made the conscious decision not to even bother with events after hearing what the first one was.

Only you are to blame for your own actions in taking part within them.

-Blake
I take it you read logs a second time, but not all of them. How do you choose which ones to reread?
Do you read logs from COs who the intel shows should be very easy to understand?
I generally read everything, or don't read any. I wonder if I could learn from your methods, in this battle and future ones too. I dig anything that's a good way to be lazy. Work harder not smarter!
I don't understand what you are asking me here or how it relates to the post you quoted from me.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1483 (isolation #68) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

I believe that was all I needed to respond to tonight.

If nobody has any further questions, I will take my leave for the day.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1539 (isolation #69) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

As somebody that knows both heads of Disaster Artists pretty well outside of a mafia context, it does not surprise me in the slightest that DeathRowKitty would find the minigames more interesting than the game itself as either alignment.

That is the least alignment indicative thing that slot could possibly do.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1548 (isolation #70) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:34 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

Pink Ball's scumread is ridiculous, but I don't believe it's necessarily scum indicative.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1577 (isolation #71) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:20 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1573, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 1539, Blake X Yang wrote:As somebody that knows both heads of Disaster Artists pretty well outside of a mafia context, it does not surprise me in the slightest that DeathRowKitty would find the minigames more interesting than the game itself as either alignment.

That is the least alignment indicative thing that slot could possibly do.

-Blake
Blake, I need you to answer this straight because it could help me sort a slot that's been stuck as null for a while. Is John Cena Krazy/Weiss?

-Latios
I don't feel comfortable answering this, sorry.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1615 (isolation #72) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:59 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

This conversation is remarkable.

John Cena, what exactly is going through your mind currently?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1617 (isolation #73) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1613, Black Hole Defection wrote:
In post 1611, Cappy wrote:
In post 1602, Black Hole Defection wrote:
In post 1585, Cappy wrote:I'm not going to vote you today, JC. As I've been saying already. 'Cause we're having fun. Have fun and stop this nonsense, you got winded up, it's okay.

- Silver Bullet
You and CO insomnia both seem to have intel on CO John Cena. Insomnia doesn't want CO John Cena alive during day 2, but you do. Do you dig CO John Cena's idea that this must mean CO insomnia is a Black Hole CO?
I don't have intel on CO John Cena, dear Lash. I want him alive purely because my motivations are purely recreational, and before this conundrum he was my top 1 leasure read, not counting my partner CO Hectic of course. So I can't infere anything about CO insomnia out of this.

- Silver Bullet
"Intel" is knowledge gained from a previous battle, you do have that.
I think your answer would be the same.
Some of your movement patterns are reminding me of the Battle of Alisae v Pine in ways I can't quite place, but you also have several plans that remind me of my own.
Do you believe that the conversation would be progressing the way it is if all the participants were town?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1620 (isolation #74) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:05 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1618, Disaster Artists wrote:
In post 1615, Blake X Yang wrote:This conversation is remarkable.

John Cena, what exactly is going through your mind currently?

-Blake

I mean, more than one thing. What are you asking about specifically?

-JC
Your plan of action.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (isolation #75) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:36 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

This engagement was rather enlightening, thank you.

Disaster Artists, Black Hole Deflection, and Cappy are all confident townreads at this point.

Latias and Latios is no longer a townread.
Despair Night can go either way. I don't believe Insomnia's contributions to this engagement were particularly town or scum indicative.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1661 (isolation #76) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:40 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1657, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 1654, Blake X Yang wrote:This engagement was rather enlightening, thank you.

Disaster Artists, Black Hole Deflection, and Cappy are all confident townreads at this point.

Despair Night can go either way. I don't believe Insomnia's contributions to this engagement were particularly town or scum indicative.

-Blake
The fact you refused to engage a correct alt call-out and refused to interact with me at all here and are now calling me scum is a major fucking problem

-Latios
I don't care about the alt callout and am not factoring it into my read of your slot.

I fail to see how not engaging into it is indicative of anything, as I am a player who frowns upon outing alts that I don't already know are open. I face this same problem myself, so I do my best not to be the cause of this becoming a problem for others.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1667 (isolation #77) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:47 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

I don't necessarily need to engage people to get reads on them.

I engage when I can get a read off their response.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1673 (isolation #78) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:57 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

Latios, it's relevant to point out that I have been at work for an hour and I had to prepare for an hour before that.

There's a limit to what I can do during that time.

I will, however, say that part of my read is based on how each participant handled the engagement. Yours stuck out.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1690 (isolation #79) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:09 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Disaster Artists is transparently town.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (isolation #80) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:18 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

You think in very black and white terms, Farkran.

To understand why your first point is not scum indicative, ask yourself what changes if insomnia is flipped overnight vs lynched today.

The difference between the two tells you everything you need to know about why town would go that route.

Your second point is not alignment indicative for Krazy specifically.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (isolation #81) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:34 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Very well. This engagement is over.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1701 (isolation #82) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:43 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

TLDR; I townlean
Xofelf/Black Hole
, want
Despair
to engage with me and I cleared up a question
Hectic
had, and I deal with
Fark
part 3

OK, I'm awake.

Never fear
Farkran
Taly
is here.

Responding to old shit because I still need to read the new shit and because I said I would.
In post 899, Unapologetically Foxy wrote:
In post 804, Blake X Yang wrote:Well, let's begin discussion.

1) Why could Titus' entrance come from scum?
2) Is Spiffy's hydra a valid lynch?
3) Do you think that much of Mikoto-Something places too much emphasis on appearing a certain manner?
4) What is one reason to townread Black Hole Defection?
Okay sure, I'll answer these.

1) I mean, anybody's start could be from scum. But Titus is someone I've played a few games with and I'd like to think I can read her by now. Her start seems a little slow for her, but I don't know that it's AI, she seems to actually be busy with things. But she does seem to be holding back a little. That's really the only thing from my perspective. I don't go in for a "oh this person is scum cuz they started by saying/doing x" way of play. I'm always about tone and what brand of defensive people are being, are they lying/hiding something, is what they're doing helping town. So how people start could be absolutely meaningless.
Haha, tbh, I really don't have much opinion of
Titus'
opening. She's not trying to create a master scumteam and she's not building an incredibly unique viewpoint around so little information that it'd be hard to follow her even if she WAS transparent about it.

So already, this is a flavor of
Titus
I'm not as well-acquainted with. Very question-oriented. She's not hardpushing but she is voting, and I think her insistence to acquire knowledge before outlining her personal reads and views are towny since this thread is literally congested with players.

Has her recent posting changed your thoughts there?
In post 899, Unapologetically Foxy wrote:2) With no actual information, isn't everybody? I don't think Spiffy's hydra has given any actual reasons they should be lynched though, and lynching them wouldn't actually give much information to go forward with. I don't know that anyone fits this yet. Most Day 1 lynches really don't from my limited experience.
It pinged me that you had no specific person you thought would be a poor lynch, and also you thought nobody would specifically be a good lynch. At least, you say that most lynches don't provide much D1, so your response feels a bit noncommittal in terms of who you would lynch.

But then again, I don't know if scum says this.
In post 899, Unapologetically Foxy wrote:3) I don't know that I'd say they look like they're going out of their way to have a certain perception, but reading them in isolation, they do have an odd tone that feels performative. Could just be how they're playing their hydra, I couldn't say, I don't have any experience with either head at all. At the same time, I weirdly like them?
It's nice to see that you pick up what I noticed when I point it out.

I think it's town-indicative for
xofelf
to go with their gut here? Or at least, not hardpush
Fark
? But then again, I don't disagree with pushing
Fark
off this basis, I just think scum would be less likely to jump on it.
In post 899, Unapologetically Foxy wrote:4) Their posts have actual content to them. When they're saying anything, they actually link back to things that support their claims or help expand further what it is they mean. They're a hydra that I expect will also continue to give good content that is actually helpful to the town. I just like their logical tone so far. That's a reason enough for me.

I'm still waiting on Pine's opinions on things and to actually catch up, but I hope this kinda gives you a perspective on how I view and think about things?

~xoffy
OK, your reading based on tone is consistent in the first part of your post and that suggests a town-mindset more than anything. You're very likely town.
I'm the wooper on the right! :D
In post 917, Cappy wrote:Image

No, when I skim through pages, or even look back critically, I still lose a lot of real-time context to the situation. This is why I've said that I have difficulty in larges or fast-paced games sometimes because I can't assess people 100% the way I'd like to. It impairs my gamesolving ability.

So, yeah, I though
Despair
was serious about the questioning. I figured he asked because it helped his personal way of gamesolving, so I wanted to reply to see how he would respond... I haven't completely checked to see if he really followed up there, but it's a bit of an :eyeroll: on my end to see that he wasn't too serious.

But actually, I don't think that reply is clearly AI here. I want to read other people's responses to it because I read that someone else replied, but shat on the idea of it, and that pinged me.
In post 1182, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:
In post 1176, Blake X Yang wrote:
Farkran
, I genuinely think that all of your assessments of this slot - at least
Blake
- are wrong, contradictory, or a weird angle to take but I don't want to derail the thread and disrupt gameflow by putting you into a crater, since I'm not as confident as
Blake
on the scumread here.

-yang
Ok, this is an interesting point to bring up, so i am going to elaborate on what i think blake is doing wrong (the scummy side of wrong) and you will tell me why my perception is bad, deal?

1) I think blake is not engaging with me to sort my slot. She has expectations about what i would do, but does no effort to understand if/why there are variations in my play. Her read is not only inaccurate, it's surface level and lazy. I could expect such a push very early in the game to make the gamestate move forward, not around page 20 or something when there are already established wagons and plenty of content to analyze from the active slots.
1)
To my understanding, this is part of her
Blake
meta, she's much more concrete with how she expresses herself and takes the game to a very logical level and doesn't open up a lot about her internal thoughts, at least to the thread.
2)
Why are expectations invalid here? In my eyes, she's scumreading you for having a variation of play unlike what she's seen before, so I don't agree that you paint this as a scum push or even state that her expectations/read are surface level and lazy.
3)
Read my above quote reply to
Cappy
"Lots of content to analyaze"
is not conducive to gamesolving for everybody, I think this holds true with how
Blake
forms reads too.
In post 1182, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:2) Aside from my own slot, i do not see blake engaging with any of the slots she's unsure about. See to understand what i am talking about. She complains about the lack of info about her null slots and a noisy gamestate, but does nothing to improve the situation, instead chooses to vote a slot who has produced tons of content over trying to explore any of
"NL, Smol Might, Flavortown, Egospray, Feminist Blocc, Equitable Androids, and Black Hole Defection are slots I'm not expressly townreading or scumreading"
1)
This game is a lot to keep up with sorting multiple people at once. I don't think you saying
Blake
not engaging with EVERY slot she's unsure about to be a problem... Don't you have a lot of people as null? I can give 5+ readslist right now of so many people not having a concrete viewpoint of slots, and you're hammering this onto
Blake
for ???

Also,
Blake
has a hydra head to lean on -
ME
. I'm focusing on other slots right now to read, and if I wasn't so attuned to listen to your misreps and pushes on this slot, I'd be deep in on all the people she's unsure about because for most of them, I feel it.
2)
You're still making the SAME logical fallacy of
"lots of content is great!"
except worse with
"lots of content means town!"
It makes it sound like you're brushing all the details of active players off, and are scumreading whoever doesn't share YOUR specific viewpoint.

Your desire to assert your viewpoint over others is extremely high and I don't see this from town often, or at least town that wins games.
3)
Blake
also isn't complaining about lack of information... she's complaining about the lack of readability since a lot of perspectives in this game clashing all at once makes it very difficult to filter what's AI specific.

Even if she was complaining due to this, it's in her playstyle to be more concise and blunt about her opinions of the gamestate versus the reads themselves.
In post 1182, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:Now those are the major points that led me to believe your slot could be scum. While i don't have any experience with you, i can definitely see blake as scum going for a plausible hero push on a slot she knows could be a threat later on, as opposed to pushing lhf which would be the level 0 play here. From town!blake, i would expect her to be much more careful and interested in the correctness of pushes.

So, if you know something that i don't, i.e. your private discussions that led you to produce these conclusions, please inform me of the missing links that made me perceive you as scum and i may further my reconsideration.

-Farkran
:igmeou: So your scumread of this whole hydra is a BoP on
Blake
D1? What the hell?

You're holding someone to a high standard of play when the game just began, in a game of 34 people... If
Blake's
wrong, you have such a large reason to push her, or there's a large amount of suspicion to be pledged against this slot. If
Blake's
correct, you're discrediting the basis and context of her vote and push now to cast an even greater standard of play to her reads, or find fallacies with why she came to her conclusions.

This mentality is problematic if you're town, and advantageous if you're scum.

I also don't like that you feel inclined to hear the nuances of my hydra conversation with
Blake
. Regardless of your alignment, following the 100% read progression of this slot is pretty detrimental early-game in a large like this, essentially, we give scum information more than illuminate and enlighten the town the more we convey any gaps people may dig into our thought processes.

You can continue the tunnel on this slot and not reconsider based on the above, but I'm not losing sleep over it.
In post 1432, Imperium wrote:
In post 801, Blake X Yang wrote:
*claps at Insomnia/Imperium*

After a very lazy
Smol Might
ISO skim, I thought this was a solid vote since:
In post 426, Smol Might wrote:Notice: Post Restrictions are not restricted to town and can also be faked

-J
Is the sum of what I dislike in discussing all validities of claims, so what warrants a vote on this slot?

-yang
yang i don't know what the second half of this post means but the post of smol might you quote here is a direct response to Farkran calling Hectic town because meta, which imo is a very fair response to that super incorrect assertion
OK, I think I may have misread.

Can you explain the vote a little more?
In post 1314, Black Hole Defection wrote:
In post 1223, Pine wrote:@Yang - Fuck if I know, though Town doesn't usually ask shit like that. I don't really do D1, so I've been letting Xofelf handle our shit. This morning she sent me a DM saying "for the love of god if you're only going to do one thing this dayphase, get your sexy tree ass into some events". Paraphrasing.
The great strategists from earlier in my career believed in using rockets on COs who will not move their units into battle day 1. The tactic has fallen out of favor, but the Battle of Team Mafia White Flag demonstrates that it is still a powerful tactic. The Battle of Skyrim Mod supports this too.
If you are with me CO Pine, please don't play this move. I know you do this even as Orange Star, and I hope it is truly because you do not see anything at all during day 1, like an APC unit. The less that'ss true, the more it's a betrayal from our one army.
But consider that there are those of us who can me move cleverly day 1 when we see no movement, but brilliantly day 1 when we see movement. Even if you can't see, provide us movement, at least read a fraction of the logs, and recite a taunt line or query a CO.
I am very frustrated with the way you've fought across several battles, and it is tempting to mention it next battle when there is always a "next battle". But I want you to change it for all of Macro Land's sake not mine.

It's too heartbreaking seeing xofelf pleading for you to assume your own command. Even if you are straggling Yellow Comet survivor with no other ally, please show respect by being here.
This feels like town-
Pops
-flavor galore. Yes, I state this as a soul read for specific reasons.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1702 (isolation #83) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:49 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Next up...
Despair Again/Spiffyb/LatiosLatias/FeministBloc/Searcher Again

When that post is? Anywhere between 1-12 hours.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1703 (isolation #84) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:52 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

ill shitpost, conversationally solve or wait for an event before then.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1705 (isolation #85) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:54 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

And the other 3 slots I mentioned?

Also, did my self-meta give you any insight on this slot?

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1706 (isolation #86) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:58 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Side note

I townread
Imperium
for his claim because it's pretty self-resolving, it's better to treat him in good faith for a plethora of reasons that I have no desire in pointing out right now.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (isolation #87) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:01 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Yeah, you don't have to give an in-depth ISO, just give a general vibe you get from their posts, unless you don't obtain reads any other way.

Do you think your wagon is scum-led or town-led? Out of all the pressure on your slot, which alignment do you think the majority comes from?

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1710 (isolation #88) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:05 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

LOL ok I tonally love your posts regardless of alignment, but noted. I'll add
Ego
to the above list I'll check next since I originally had him as a scumlean due to first few pages.

Don't you have any questions for me?

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1714 (isolation #89) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:18 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1711, Despair Night wrote:I think Feminist Blocc is town? Probably not going to die on that hill but the scum read on Searchers is easy to follow through. It actually doesn’t feel like the
typical scum that chooses their target for the day and lock on them.
They also have some sentences that I have trouble associating to scum mindset.

I guess it’s fine for now.

~som
I'll stop bombarding you with questions for now, but do you think
Fark
is doing the bolded?
Despair Night wrote:Nah not really, I tend to go from people with lower posts and climbing to the top. My questions are also directed more towards people that I scum lean, for actual reasons or just based on tone.

It’s a gift and a curse. People that haven’t received questions from me are up for some sweet gifts, in general. Just takes time.

~som
Noted, I'll assess you more when I speak with
Blake
since I think we have different opinions of your slot.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1719 (isolation #90) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:35 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I'm very confused why I should necessarily be focusing on my scumreads.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1722 (isolation #91) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:39 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1720, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:
In post 1719, Blake X Yang wrote:I'm very confused why I should necessarily be focusing on my scumreads.

-Blake
I asked you long ago what was your confidence level on your read of me. You didn't answer. You can answer now, and clear your confusion by yourself based on that answer.

-Farkran
That depends on which point in the game you are referring to.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1836 (isolation #92) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:02 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1724, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:
In post 1722, Blake X Yang wrote:
In post 1720, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:
In post 1719, Blake X Yang wrote:I'm very confused why I should necessarily be focusing on my scumreads.

-Blake
I asked you long ago what was your confidence level on your read of me. You didn't answer. You can answer now, and clear your confusion by yourself based on that answer.

-Farkran
That depends on which point in the game you are referring to.

-Blake
Feel free to elaborate your progression, as i just said to yang i don't see how keeping it hidden would help town, nor how outing it would help scum. Out your scumcase.

-Farkran
1. Your initial entrances to the game across both heads gave the impression of a scum mindset rather than a town one. Your entrance to the game was strangely more cordial than what I've been used to seeing from you. I will go into Bitmap's entrance and why I believe that was scum motivated later on.

2. When I called you out, your response was to take the time to set up your counterpush with shade and by taking the time to go into your other reads first. My personality read on you suggests that you would wish to challenge me outright immediately instead of the political approach that you instead used. I strongly suspect that your approach is based on increasing your own odds of winning the upcoming engagement as much as possible in order to stall the momentum rather than risking a direct confrontation immediately and coming across as defensive or starting on the back foot in this engagement.

At this point, I had already decided I would not be engaging into this, as it had a high likelihood of outright derailing the game, and the quality of the playerlist is high enough that even with this slot getting lynched day one and flipping scum, it would turn out better for the scumteam in the long run. It is far more productive to put pressure on the rest of the game in the way that I'm best able to, by methodically identifying town. I also am knowledgeable enough about how debates and general discourse works to know that when players are on opposite sides, those who decide the topic of the engagement have a distinct advantage in how it plays out.

3. When I stopped engaging into you, you became more aggressive in your attacks, but only at specific times. Notably, you started pushing me for not proactively pushing for my nullreads to give better content, not analyzing your process when you have no evidence that I am not already doing so, and for not focusing on my scumreads rather than townreads when I do engage into the game more completely. You have gone on record in your initial counterattack that you believe I am scum for my townreads being consensus townreads as well as my scumreads being your townreads while my nullreads are your scumreads. This is not an approach to sort my slot, which you are claiming to do. This is looking to poke holes in my play to weaken my position as much as you are able, likely to weaken my influence since there are several slots that have already properly identified that I am town. Notably, you have been shifting your approach towards this while also challenging people on their townreads of me. You aren't trying to get a scumread lynched. This is very notably different than your play in Korina is a Cultist, where even with the amount of resistance you got towards lynching me, you still stubbornly pressed on regardless because it was a genuine read.

4. Bitmap's posting is not town. He has played just like he had in Titus v Alisae, most notably that he understands he needs to do specific things, but doesn't actually do them. He has done remarkably little in the game, mentioned early on that he needs to obvtown in this game, and then continues doing next to nothing outside of a single wallpost. He similarly played halfheartedly in Titus v Alisae, to the point where when one of the scumteam's ideas for how to handle the game was to neutralize me with a neighborhood, I got remarkably little within it until it was made clear that I had another neighborhood with a player I trusted more than him. At that point, he became frantic and tried to desperately save himself to no avail. I get a similar impression that he is halfheartedly playing the game, knowing he needs to make his alignment obvious but making no strong strides to make it so.

5. I saw an opportunity to sort you once and for all after that selfsame engagement that gave me strong townreads. You started to go down the path that I initially did, scumreading John Cena for the same reasons I started to. However, you missed something absolutely critical that I was steering you towards. I know Krazy very well, and I know Insomnia well enough to understand how a 1v1 between them would go. Krazy is also aware of this and why it's a bad idea. It's simply a much better idea, if he believes that insomnia is legitimately scum, to kill him at night to drastically reduce his influence while saving the lynch today for more productive means. This is the unique utility of the vigilante role in this game. You can remove people from the game without removing their voice, so the vigilante role is much more useful as a tool to manipulate the game rather than getting flips. It suddenly is not inherently a bad idea to shoot somebody you know is town that is disrupting the game, because you don't simply remove their voice entirely as much as remove their direct influence on the game in a favor of indirect influence. You callously ignored that in favor of a scum lynch always being the better option regardless of who it is, which is a naive point of view in general, but it especially is in this game where roles serve different functions than they would normally serve. I was prepared to sort you based on how you progressed past this initial stage, since this alone is insufficient due to your insistence that I go into my read on you throughout the game and the fact that this is ground I had already treaded beforehand. Sadly, the way you went back to this ideal indicates that this correlation can't at all be ruled out, so I can't call this progression town even though on the surface it is valid. It notably is an easy thing to push as well since John Cena's part in that engagement was not popular.

I do not plan to engage you on this further. Cease the attempts.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1840 (isolation #93) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:07 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1726, The Searchers wrote:
In post 1548, Blake X Yang wrote:Pink Ball's scumread is ridiculous, but I don't believe it's necessarily scum indicative.

-Blake
I actually disagree on the first part. I think it has somewhat valid logic behind it. Disaster Artists getting super worked up over this kinda reads scum to me. Like he doesn't want to get caught for something he views as not-AI. If that makes sense. This has been a decently reliable tell for me in the past. is pretty close to what I'm thinking about the slot.
This is functionally incorrect. I've seen John Cena have similar reactions in the past as town. He understands when a push is not necessarily good for the game, even if he otherwise would be looking to gun them down in the street.

It's also very possible he isn't as convinced on Insomnia being scum as he let on. He tends to not push relentlessly on slots that he isn't absolutely sure are scum.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1841 (isolation #94) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:09 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1733, The Searchers wrote:
In post 1654, Blake X Yang wrote:This engagement was rather enlightening, thank you.

-Blake
What made you downgrade your Latias & Latios read?
I paid special attention to those who commented on the 1v1. Latias and Latios had the least town perspective.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1843 (isolation #95) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1839, Disaster Artists wrote:I think bitmap is pretty different here from TvA but not inherently different in a way that makes him town

He's certainly less chatty if nothing else

I'd say closer to that one waifu game where he kinda just lurked out most of day 1

-JC
He definitely gives off the same impression.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1846 (isolation #96) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:17 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

It doesn't matter. I'd be surprised if you weren't dead before day two.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1854 (isolation #97) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:25 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1848, Despair Night wrote:I actually did read Blake's wall, and I've learnt that I have a hard time following people. I apparently have an unconventional way of reading people, and not seeing that template being applied to reading Farkran, I'm inclined to call out half those points as absolute WIFOM. The timing of pushes, him doing something in order to...<cite a scum action that could just as easily be confused for a town>

I respect you as a player Blake, I will analyse Fark with deeper thought.

Any other scum reads?

~som
I have a personality read on Farkran which I believe to be correct, predominantly because of interactions outside of mafia and the confirmation that my suspicion that he would be able to read this personality more easily was proven correct.

Everything that I have posted in that wall has been tested against that specific read, and the differences from what I would expect are those I could easily see as coming from a difference in alignment. This is especially the case with the knowledge that Farkran's scumgame is not weak.

I currently don't have other scumreads, no. I've been mostly townhunting for the moment and the other slots I'm notably not townreading don't equate to a scumread at this point as of now. I don't have enough confidence in my overall read strength in this game to be able to decipher what that means with any certainty at this point, and it's unlikely I will be able to today with thirty four players to parse and only a few days left in the day phase.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1866 (isolation #98) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:49 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

Oh dear.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1869 (isolation #99) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:23 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I can compromise on egospray.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1872 (isolation #100) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:59 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

oh shit I'm here

I contributed... not in posts last night but by preventing scum from getting that big cash prize lul

I don't have the sanity to deal with
Fark
at the moment, I think my life in this game will consist around how close I am to keeping mental stability when interacting with him? So, that's OK I guess.

also, I still think
Despair
is likelier town. I wish I had a stronger opinion of
Cena
at this point... are you the only head that signs? Is this a strict rule to differentiate your heads?
In post 941, egospray wrote:TR
Mikoto and Kuroko (Bitmap and Farkran)
TL
Imperium (Nachomamma8 and Tammy)
Disaster Artists (John Cena and DeathRowKitty)
Equitable Androids (Gobbledygook and Titus)
Null
Black Hole Defection (popsofctown and Prism)
Unapologetically Foxy (Pine and xofelf)
Feminist Blocc (Datisi and Ausuka)
Blake x Yang (Alyssa the Lamb and Taly)
Despair Night (JunkoChan and insomnia)
NL (GuyInFreezer and MariaR)
Flavortown (Dr Easy Bake and Flavor Leaf)
Null
Smol Might (Eragon and Shadowlesscloud)
Spiffybringer (Spiffeh and Firebringer)
SL
The Searchers (SirCakez and Ircher)
SR
Why are our reads so backwards if we're the same alignment?

p-edit

Why is it odd to scumread Latias/Chem off meta in ToS?

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1875 (isolation #101) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:20 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Despair
! The person I'm determined to read better than everyone else!!

How do you feel about the idea that you've been a competing wagon for this entire dayphase? What does that say about town and scum? If anything?

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1882 (isolation #102) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:40 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1717, Despair Night wrote:Uhhh, no? I don’t think Fark did that? Why?

~som
Just wondering if you think
Fark
or this hydra is misguided on the other.
In post 1718, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:
In post 1714, Blake X Yang wrote:
In post 1711, Despair Night wrote:I think Feminist Blocc is town? Probably not going to die on that hill but the scum read on Searchers is easy to follow through. It actually doesn’t feel like the
typical scum that chooses their target for the day and lock on them.
They also have some sentences that I have trouble associating to scum mindset.

I guess it’s fine for now.

~som
I'll stop bombarding you with questions for now, but do you think
Fark
is doing the bolded?
This is what you are doing, if you haven't noticed - this line of questioning is loaded and it requires a very low effort on my ISO to see that you are not even my main scumread, i just think you are plausibly scum and would lynch you if there is interest, but right now i'd rather flip DA.

Egospray was also going to be a good lynch but i don't particularly like the last two votes cast there. Incidentally, @despair, why did you join a wagon with your scumread on egospray instead of DA?

-Farkran
You know, after nearly 2000 posts of providing content, you're still coming at this hydra with the basis of your scumread being that we even pushed you.

You didn't even wait or inquire why we thought this way about your slot. You just jumped on the most offensive and defensive approach you could take.

I gave you everything I had on my mind, and I interact with slots beyond you, and you still find reasons to scumpaint it and serve your narrative.

You won't even allow a conversation that doesn't require your immediate input.

Now, I genuinely think there's a good reason you flip scum. Does that satisfy you?

Back off this head, dude.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1885 (isolation #103) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:00 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1879, Despair Night wrote:
In post 1875, Blake X Yang wrote:
Despair
! The person I'm determined to read better than everyone else!!

How do you feel about the idea that you've been a competing wagon for this entire dayphase? What does that say about town and scum? If anything?

-yang
I partly expected it but it probably stayed a bit too much for my liking, it usually falters fairly quickly. I think there can be opportunistic scum on it, I'm trying to sort George as of right now, I don't really know other people that voted me / I don't care at the moment. I did play with the intention of gauging reactions but it was mostly done for other people to analyse.
Did other people's analysis stand out to you?

My view of
egospray
is that they haven't provided much of substance but have been fairly present throughout the game. I'd suspect the lack of votes there could be indicative of town-led pushes elsewhere if he's scum, but I'm not feeling it enough to vote there yet.
In post 1879, Despair Night wrote:I think I'm overwhelmed by the wall posts out of more than 50% of the slots playing and I am looking to sort in a small group and seeing what the right lynch may be.
What groups do you think you have the best grasp of having sorted, and what is your lynchpool?

I relate to this post a lot, I still want to get to
Titus/Smol/Latios/Feminist/Searcher/Spiffy
more but I'm trying to work
"smarter not harder"
as
Pops
had said.

As in, I'm prioritizing. People who are wagoned right now, I want the nuances of the votes there, and how I read the person in question.
In post 1879, Despair Night wrote:I have reasons to scum lean a lot of people and nobody's really doing anything townie though. Which is why I want to zero in on someone that might be scum, clear myself and move on. I don't know why but for some reason in this game my usual beacon approach didn't quite pay off for whatever reason, it actually demotivated me more than anything. I just want to move on to something else, there aren't any town blocks and I think that's messing up the way this thread is progressing.
If your beacon approach is the vote against
Spiffy
in , then I'll take a more critical view of it and read the nuances of it.

I think, if you were scum, you would have had better success in the results of casing
Spiffy
. This game has a high energy, high wall vibe and I think scum can get away with more pressure onto a specific wagon, so your lack of momentum makes more sense from town.
In post 1879, Despair Night wrote:There's people having some form of interest in all types of topics viewing different people, I think a much more narrow, mutual PoE is healthier right now.

Even right now I'm sensing that you are spending too much time with me, admittedly it could be because of your previous Fark point, but you're neither sorting my attackers nor defending me against them. You just kind of glaringly proclaim that I'm town and you ask me my thoughts when, if your town lean on me was actually genuine, you would've attempted to sort my attackers.
I wasn't sure of my townread on you until this post.
Blake
has not been nearly as sure about you possibly being town until recently.

So, I'm interacting with you the best way I know how to read some quickly and thoroughly, and go from there.
In post 1879, Despair Night wrote:Nobody's doing anything extraordinarily townie, I would overestimate myself if I said I had anything more than 2 town leans and those not even having a really strong reasoning.

I don't even know what the number of scum might be. Is it 25% out of 34 or 25% out of 17, making it both heads being scum? If there are 17 different scum heads then lol, can we skip to D5 please.

~som
Yeah, scum doesn't say this when they're in the threat of a lynch, at least not D1.

I'm against
Despair
being a lynch. I have a solid townread on him.

-yang

p-edit

Despair Night wrote:
In post 1882, Blake X Yang wrote:Just wondering if you think Fark or this hydra is misguided on the other
Why not both?

This is not my opinion, but why do you expect me to find a scum in between you two?

~som
Not an expectation, I admit that I'm completely biased in reading
Fark
because me - and I think
Blake
, not sure yet - are both trying to get breathing room from him and it's frustrating that he keeps painting what we do as a tunnel or scum-motivated interaction with others.

Fark
is relentless on this slot without actually pushing our lynch, and my other head who's had the longer and stronger scumread has a personality read and I have confidence in her, because I don't agree with
Fark's
approach as town here.

So, if you think we could both be misguided or misinterpreting something, I'd prefer to hear.
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1891 (isolation #104) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:28 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Fark
, it's easy for you to say we're wrong and should reevaluate our push when you don't give us the same respect; I think this way because you judge our slot solely by our perspective to you off what was once one post and have only expanded to more because you misconstrue us. You're wrong on the individual assessments, both in accuracy and principle. I've already given you my answers to your proposal of
"potentially re-evaluating us"

Reread my posts if it hasn't stuck at this point.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1894 (isolation #105) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:42 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I will be blunt with you so that maybe you don't have to see what angry Blake looks like, Farkran.

That is exactly what I have been attempting to do. You keep dragging me to this same topic over and over again.

If you want us to get off this topic, then stop forcing us to address it over and over again. Nobody except you wants this engagement to happen.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1897 (isolation #106) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:09 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

And you accuse me of tunneling.

Pathetic.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1899 (isolation #107) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:22 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I don't understand what that means, Hectic.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1926 (isolation #108) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:40 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

This John Cena is virtually identical to the John Cena in Titus v Alisae.

I would be very shocked if he was not town this game.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1930 (isolation #109) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1910, The Searchers wrote:I think the lynchpool should consist of:

Disaster Artists
Egospray
Smol Might
Mikoto and Kuroko
The Searchers
Despair Night

There are a few other slots I'd be willing to lynch but that don't provide a good return in terms of info; thus, they should not be focused upon.
~Ircher
Yeah, I get that this isn't 100% your reads, but since it isn't, why don't you argue for why a specific lynch is poor - especially if you named yourself into a pool?

It's also easy for you to list the other 5 names because they've accrued the most attention vote and push-wise, except for maybe
Spiffy
the main push from
Despair
and this hydra who has had plenty of adverse interaction with
Farkran

So what's your read on the above two, that you didn't list?

When I skim your ISO, I've seen a bit of interaction with the
Latios
hydra, what's your take there, as well?

I want a smaller lynchpool soon.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1931 (isolation #110) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

@Cappy

Blake is one of the people I consider closest to me on the site who isn't part of the Speakeasy. I'm hydra'ing with her because she has an unusual depth to her thought process and can immerse herself into others to understand a game in perspectives that others don't consider, even people who naturally can see other POV's. She's also pretty funny, good at handling herself in specific stress-related situations, and is actually one of the people who are reasons why I come back to play Mafia every now and then. I genuinely think that her, along with several other players, have impacted how I mold my playstyle. Very perceptive and likes to play games with people she considers friends, I'm happy to have her as the corresponding head this game. I think our personalities mesh pretty well.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1932 (isolation #111) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:07 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

damn it now I'm feeling things

damn you
cappy
I was gamesolving

also A+
blake/farkran
tunnel picture even though I don't understand it, haha

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1939 (isolation #112) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Cena
, I encourage you to read because that's when I started feeling confident in
Despair
-town.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1940 (isolation #113) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1939, Blake X Yang wrote:
Cena
, I encourage you to read because that's when I started feeling confident in
Despair
-town.

-yang
MF.

also are any of the options in
Ircher's
pool options you'd consider lynching?

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1941 (isolation #114) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

wait that was a level 0 question, let me try again.

Why are you shelving
Cappy
? Aside from mechanics, is there an actual read progression that prevents you from entertaining this slot in any specific manner?

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2004 (isolation #115) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Can somebody collate a list of people currently, as in openly saying as such,
scumreading Disaster Artists for me please?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2005 (isolation #116) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:25 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

That line break is unintentional.

Now that I'm thinking about it, what exactly do you mean when you say you wish i always played like this, John Cena?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2026 (isolation #117) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

when is deadline again?

because I plan to ISO dive
Spiffy/Ego/Smol
very soon

also ill reply to you two soon
Cena/Ircher

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2028 (isolation #118) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Disaster Artists is town.
Black Hole Deflection is town.
Imperium is town.
Equitable Androids is town.
Spiffybringer is town.
Unapologetically Foxy is town.
Cappy is town.

Egospray could be town.
The Searchers could be town.
Feminist Blocc could be town.
Latias and Latios could be town.

NL is unknown.
Flavortown is unknown.
Smol Might is unknown.
Despair Night is unknown.

Mikoto and Kuroko is scum.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2036 (isolation #119) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2032, Disaster Artists wrote:
In post 2028, Blake X Yang wrote:Equitable Androids is town.
Walk me through this read?

-JC
I believe I have a good enough grasp of how Gobbledygook plays in order to be able to pick out when he's town and when he's scum posting.

Titus, somewhat similarly, I believe I can piece together her agenda over time. I'm actually not as confident in the read as I'm making it out to be, but I'm not willing to flip the slot until I have a better chance to evaluate Titus as well. Reading the one slot is enough for me at the moment.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2038 (isolation #120) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

John Cena should be transparently town by now even without the level of knowledge about how he thinks that I do.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2041 (isolation #121) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:07 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2039, The Searchers wrote:What's the point of this readslist other than to yell at Fark more?
Because I realized that my general thoughts about the game had shifted enough to warrant it.

Because there are several slots that are being pushed for a potential lynch that I think is highly likely to be town.
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2042 (isolation #122) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:07 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2051 (isolation #123) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2050, Despair Night wrote:Nvm tone reading girls is like holding an idiot banner on your forehead

~som
Or you just don't understand girls.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2064 (isolation #124) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2056, Despair Night wrote:
In post 2051, Blake X Yang wrote:
In post 2050, Despair Night wrote:Nvm tone reading girls is like holding an idiot banner on your forehead

~som
Or you just don't understand girls.

-Blake
Who does?
Gentlemen do.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2073 (isolation #125) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

fuck I missed page 80

hopefully you still love me
cappy

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2076 (isolation #126) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

BFFs or AFK
<3

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2077 (isolation #127) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Be wary, John Cena. Farkran has shown to be competent at coaching and/or assisting scumpartners. My team within Team Mafia 2020 made particular note of this when analyzing the White Flag game and spectating the Theme game.

Take anything Bitmap says with a grain of salt before calling it town out of hand.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2078 (isolation #128) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

also, no
Titus
, I don't claim to have reads similar to
Ircher
in many situations.

another thing, I think you're town.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2080 (isolation #129) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

We're likely look at four scum hydras, correct?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2081 (isolation #130) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2080, Blake X Yang wrote:We're likely looking at four scum hydras, correct?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2082 (isolation #131) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2006, Disaster Artists wrote:
In post 2005, Blake X Yang wrote:Now that I'm thinking about it, what exactly do you mean when you say you wish i always played like this, John Cena?
I certainly prefer this to random.org reads lists :P

-JC
I forgot to respond to this.

My role this game is not comparable to the strength of my role in that game. Even if I was not playing in Blake mode this game, I would feel no need to attempt to protect my role.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2086 (isolation #132) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Hi, here is where I openly comment about my partner's readslist.

In post 2028, Blake X Yang wrote:Disaster Artists is town.
Black Hole Deflection is town.
Imperium is town.
Equitable Androids is town.

Spiffybringer is town.
Ehhh... gotta ISO that first.
Unapologetically Foxy is town.
Cappy is town.

Egospray could be town.
The Searchers could be town.
Feminist Blocc could be town.

Latias and Latios could be town.
Ehhhh.... I could agree but I want to check, along with Ego, though I tonally like Ego more?

NL is unknown.
To be honest, I agree with
Cena
.... I feel like
Maria
would've done more to gamesolve, or
GIF
would intervene if they were scum.
Flavortown is unknown.
Smol Might is unknown.

Despair Night is unknown.
This is town
Blake
, my hard-defense button has kicked in for this slot.

Mikoto and Kuroko is scum.
Letting
Blake
handle this.

-Blake
OK, I'm at a dilemma.

The game is fast-paced, rich with content, and needs a decision soon; love ALL that.

But uh, I'm wanting to relax a little but still be present in thread - help gamesolve but not stir up shit to make the game harder to read than it is?

I wish I could sort
Spiffy/Ego
by being like
"YO, TALK TO ME"
but I think I've been non-existent to both hydrae.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2088 (isolation #133) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1931, Blake X Yang wrote:
@Cappy

Blake is one of the people I consider closest to me on the site who isn't part of the Speakeasy. I'm hydra'ing with her because she has an unusual depth to her thought process and can immerse herself into others to understand a game in perspectives that others don't consider, even people who naturally can see other POV's. She's also pretty funny, good at handling herself in specific stress-related situations, and is actually one of the people who are reasons why I come back to play Mafia every now and then. I genuinely think that her, along with several other players, have impacted how I mold my playstyle. Very perceptive and likes to play games with people she considers friends, I'm happy to have her as the corresponding head this game. I think our personalities mesh pretty well.

-yang
BuT tHiS wAs HeArTfElT
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2099 (isolation #134) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

All three of those are mine.

You are speaking to my other head.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2108 (isolation #135) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Somebody please tell me that you're understanding why I do not like Farkran's approach this game. Posts very similar to 2104 have been scattered throughout his ISO.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2123 (isolation #136) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I will get to this more tomorrow.

I'm past the time I should be asleep already.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2125 (isolation #137) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:20 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2117, egospray wrote:What if Blake is scum
I've done a wonderful job of digging myself into a hole very early on, then.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2128 (isolation #138) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

egospray wrote:I know you're enter from that Hydra
LOL

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2133 (isolation #139) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2105, egospray wrote:Well, then, Yang, is there anything you want to ask me in particular?

Also, Blake can you explain your meta reads further/is there a post where you did?

-gb
Let's start somewhere.

1)
Outline your reasons for voting and wanting to lynch
Smol Might
?
2)
How do you feel about the corresponding top wagons currently
Mitoko/Kuroko
and
Disaster Artists
?
3)
Would you change wagons if anyone acquired more votes? If so, who would you change to?

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2135 (isolation #140) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I guess
Equitable Androids
now, too.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2154 (isolation #141) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

oh also
DA
has warranted my hard-defense of their slot.

so
Disaster Artist
Despair Night
, and
Imperium
are slots I will towncase to hell and back.

another thing: why did people magically decide
titus hydra
is scum? am I misted by the fact that
titus
has and I haven't 1v1'd for 3 days straight?

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2155 (isolation #142) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2093, Spiffybringer wrote:
In post 2086, Blake X Yang wrote:I wish I could sort Spiffy/Ego by being like "YO, TALK TO ME" but I think I've been non-existent to both hydrae.
What do you want to talk about? You can ISO me if you want I'm p. obviously town

~Spiffy
I did a rather lazy skim of your ISO and 3 things:
-You townread
Blake
on meta, which is refreshing.
-Why did you think
SirCakez
was pretending with his scumread on you?
-I don't understand the scumread on
Imperium
; I have a hard time seeing coming from scum in any universe because scum never survives long here.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2158 (isolation #143) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

yOu CaN wOrK wItH mE
tItUs

nah, really, I want to solidify my read on you, and see how solid you are here. Where should we start?

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2204 (isolation #144) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2201, Black Hole Defection wrote:For now I'll say I've read this ISO 3x-once earlier today before Searchers-and have come away determined to get a read on them but have been unable to do so. Pops is adamant that letting them do the heavylifting sorting/watching them get nightkilled is the best way to sort this slot. I don't have the meta they do but I disagree: #1654 coming from scum is almost exactly the move I would make (minus Latios/Latias bit) and not nailing down this slot is incredibly dangerous.

Taly appears to be the more readable of the two; his interactions with you seemed to be very self-righteous and more concerned with proving you wrong and shaming you for it than trying to empathize with your thinking. This often comes from town, and seeing how deep his respect is for Blake seems to reinforce this.

For Blake's end it is difficult for me to sit here and not disparage the style. I think making yourself and your reads as accessible as possible is important. I will have questions to ask Blake in the morning (I appreciated the wall re: MK but need to go back and read Farkran), but in the meantime I'm curious if she has any for me.
Not particularly, no.

The only thing I would be all that interested in is what you think about that big engagement that happened between John Cena, Insomnia, your hydra partner, Latios, Pink Ball, and myself. That stage of the game held the most relevance for multiple people's alignments for me.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2208 (isolation #145) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:14 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2201, Black Hole Defection wrote:I think making yourself and your reads as accessible as possible is important.
I have played on this site semi-consistently for close to a decade at this point. It has become increasingly clear over the years that the more open I am with my thoughts, the more likely it is that my views on the game end up incorrect. This is a pattern that has been proven true in a large amount of games, and my suspicion is that it is related to how the scumteam in most games approaches handling specific playerlists. The less information they have early on, the longer it takes for them to gain an advantageous foothold. This generally increases the amount of alignment indicative moments in the game compared to the noise.

Considering that the noise ratio has steadily increased over the past several years, this makes a rather sizable difference.

There's also the point that most of my reads are, to a large extent, intuitive. It's harder to explain them than you would think.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2209 (isolation #146) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:14 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2207, Black Hole Defection wrote:
In post 2204, Blake X Yang wrote:The only thing I would be all that interested in is what you think about that big engagement that happened between John Cena, Insomnia, your hydra partner, Latios, Pink Ball, and myself. That stage of the game held the most relevance for multiple people's alignments for me.
I came out of it thinking JC is a scumlean, Insomnia pretty null, Latios more town. The last is a very different Gamma than I've seen circa 2017, and I felt his reaction to you (not treating him as an equal) was genuine but you might disagree. Pink Ball/JC I didn't go as indepth on. I have spent a lot of time thinking about your reaction to it to little avail. The fact that something is what I would do as scum does not mean you didn't do it as town.
I don't doubt that Gamma Emerald's response to me was genuine. Where I disagree is whether it is alignment indicative or not. I strongly believe it is not.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2213 (isolation #147) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:50 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

What is my motive for attacking you?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2214 (isolation #148) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:52 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

To be clear, there is exactly one person on the entire site that I would expect to be able to read me correctly in every game, especially at this point in time. They are also in this game.

To my knowledge, very few to no other players have provably shown they can differentiate my towngame from my scumgame accurately to a high level.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2216 (isolation #149) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:09 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2215, Black Hole Defection wrote:
In post 2214, Blake X Yang wrote:To be clear, there is exactly one person on the entire site that I would expect to be able to read me correctly in every game, especially at this point in time. They are also in this game.

To my knowledge, very few to no other players have provably shown they can differentiate my towngame from my scumgame accurately to a high level.

-Blake
How does recording this aid Orange Star?
This is directly relevant to my question directly before it.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2219 (isolation #150) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

Where do your thoughts lie currently, CO popsofctown?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2226 (isolation #151) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:39 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2222, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:
In post 2213, Blake X Yang wrote:What is my motive for attacking you?

-Blake
I guess this was directed at me then?

I clearly cannot read your ankamius/alyssa personality, but i made a good job reading blake when you tested me for it. 2 correct results with a 50% EV don't make a valid statistic sample, but it's there.

You, on the other hand, have always made a good job reading me in the games we played together. It's weird for me to believe that your only scumread, on a player you know reasonably well, is so wrong and based on a terrible push such as "my expectations for you weren't met, so you must be scum and i'm ready to end the day on it". You also respect me as a player, based on your comments about my playstyle in the past (my current Farkran signature is a quote of yours). This is a very valid reason to fear me in this game, but the playerlist is also pretty loaded and i wouldn't be so presumptuous as to think i would be the ONLY player you fear. You could think that i am one of the easiest to mislynch, though - my playstyle irks people and i wouldn't be surprised if you are trying to exploit that. I would be much more surprised to find that you are truly disappointed in my play here and decided to scumread me for it rather than explore elsewhere, and we're going to talk again if you flip town.

Micro 874: Generic Micro Normal (game OVER] • Mafiascum.net

viewtopic.php?t=79835&f=84&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

the thread title sucked the whole game • Mafiascum.net

viewtopic.php?t=80371&f=2&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go

The aforementioned games are what i have been tested for while chatting in discord with Alyssa. Post #760 in the second game shows that scum!blake can townhunt and tunnel on a specific town player. This is for you @DA.

That being said, this game is vastly different than either of those and i have no reason to expect Blake has read ALL my meta as opposed to the only two games we played together (Large Theme TM and anarchist thing, both in my wiki for reference). The large TM is indicative of my town meta, but i only lasted 3 irl days. The anarchist thing, i wasn't even town.

-Farkran
In both of the games we have played before this, your alignment was clear to me very early on because of how you were presenting your reads.

In Team Mafia 2020 Large, your grievances with my play were borne of ignorance of how I play the game, and it was done in a way that I can easily see a town thought process reaching. The way you were explaining your reads were from a similar vein, since the pressure points you were applying onto the game were perfectly congruent with your thought processes. Even with an idea that your scumgame likely is not weak, and at that stage I had no knowledge of your scumgame outside of a small sample of a game I had previously skimmed idly, I could tell that this level of congruence is very hard to fake and that the effort required to reach this combined with the relatively low level of potential payoff is pretty significant evidence that it's unlikely to be a mafia thought process regardless.

In Korina is a Cultist, you are correct that your alignment wasn't town. However, I went into that game distinguishing the Anarchist as no different than town, since the Anarchist has every reason to want to find the cultist's identities and to be town. You channeled this well enough that it was pretty clear that even though your scumread on me was rather weak and stretchy, it wasn't coming from a need to get a particular mislynch or to survive the day. The fact that you kept along the same vector without wavering was strongly town indicative.

This game is different. I have enough of a read into your personality to understand that you would find playing scum in a game like this a challenge to throw everything into, so it's very unlikely that raw effort is going to be indicative of town. I found your initial entrance strange, as I had no recollection of you ever greeting people the way you did, and it gave me the impression that you were attempting to get on people's good side immediately. Political play over solving play. I pushed this as a toneread to get an idea of how you would respond, since a lot of scum with little experience struggle to transition from a more jovial friendly tone to a serious one at the start of a game. Your response here was also strange compared to my previous experience, as you took the time to shade my attack specifically in a previous post before directly addressing it. You doing this combined with the amount of work you went into going into your weaker reads first, which I also found strange independently as I have seen you mostly go into your stronger reads early on, only strengthened my read that you are playing politically in this game.

This is where the majority of my strong scumread on you came from.

I decided around this point that attempting to lynch you today was unlikely to be worth it, and that putting pressure on your team as a whole by looking to identify as many town as possible was a better strategy to potentially force the scumteam to make a move later on down the line. A secondary reason was to find a compromise vote that is likely to hold one of your partners. The constant attempts to drag me back to the topic of my scumread on you struck me as an attempt to drive me away from this goal, as I strongly suspect that you understand that one of, if not the biggest strengths of your play is that you can handle most people in a direct fight. I can tell this without having personally experienced it of your scumgame beforehand. It strongly doesn't help that when I do engage with you, you have shown them to be bad faith engagements. Just two examples I can think of on the top of my head is:

First, accusing me of tunneling you when my only mentions of you within dozens of pages was directly responding to you.
Second, downplaying my read on Bitmap by saying that you do not believe that my read on both players within your slot are different, despite me explaining exactly why I was scumreading the Bitmap half of your slot.

I've seen you make these arguments of backwards logic and similar things as your entire argument against entire points, and you've made a point of directly addressing people without giving me the impression that your read on the game has been changing with these engagements. I don't see an underlying thought process with how you're handling pressure, and I strongly believe that you are much better than to simply dismiss things from players for having different reads than you.

I'm scumreading your entire approach to the game and how it's manifesting in your posts. It is not directly because of disappointment that I am scumreading you, although I will say that in the case that you are town, I am disappointed at how you have been handling pressure throughout the game.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2227 (isolation #152) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2225, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:I'm trying to have blake dish out content. I asked her at least 3 times to produce content about other people. I have been talking to other people to help me sort Blake, because honestly i have no clear read on them. I only have her bopped on her knowledge of me, and my disappointment in seeing that she is unwilling to expand her scumpool in a way that only makes sense if she is scum, but i'd say this kind of reasoning is correct less than 50% of the times. Anyways, pops, being in the spotlight is part of my playstyle and analyzing pushes against me is a major tool for sorting people.

That being said, i have been reading spiffy and he brought up a point that is probably interesting about the Feminist Bloc slot. To be fair, i am also starting to think that the most vocal players, or at least the majority of them, are town.

-Farkran
I find this to be bullshit.

I've strongly pushed for having townreads over scumreads in both games you've played with me, and it's been a staple in almost every single game I have played in the last year.

The games where I have multiple strong scumreads are likely games where I can get a grasp on what's happening in a macro sense very early on. It's rare that I have multiple scumreads before that point, and it generally means that I'm going to struggle in a game where I do.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2230 (isolation #153) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:51 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

Thank you for the input, insomnia.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2232 (isolation #154) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:53 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

The times of the events are known in advance. That is a weak source of information at best.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2237 (isolation #155) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:09 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2236, Despair Night wrote:
In post 2230, Blake X Yang wrote:Thank you for the input, insomnia.

-Blake
If you're town, this will make you want to push elsewhere because you actually believe in your read but just understood wall posting against them will make town think it's TVT.

And it stops this charade.

It's great input.

~som
Even better would be going into townreads that I'm not townreading.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2240 (isolation #156) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:29 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2239, Feminist Blocc wrote:Yes, I'm skimming the game for my own name because that's the only thing i can be fucked to respond about or even know enough to respond about. Ya got me fuck

-D
I like
Datisi

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2241 (isolation #157) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:46 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 369, Feminist Blocc wrote:
In post 324, The Searchers wrote:I'm scumreading this hydra dissonance. They could just as easily settle it in a hydra pt.
i mean, i agree that they should do this, what's the motive for them as scum to behave this way though?
In post 186, The Searchers wrote:In post 156, Flavortown wrote:
Most definitely not gonna be able to keep track or pay attention to any of the currency stuff this game.

~Ferrari

Town post. I'm having the same thoughts
Why's this a townpost?

i was promised this wouldn't really be a mafia game and this feels like a mafia game I want my money back

-aus
Oh cool, you and
Ausuka
are town.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2242 (isolation #158) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:48 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

wait, I didn't mean to have quotes added. Completely diminishes the 20 comments I read in your ISO that made me think:

"Is
Cena
a wolf knowing all these people as town?"
"lol no
Cena
is OP with reads"
"I love you
Cena
"
"Yay
Ausuka
and I are town!"
"Yay
Datisi
is town, know I have an idea of what he's like"

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2243 (isolation #159) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:49 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

-Blake
If you're town, this will make you want to push elsewhere because you actually believe in your read but just
understood wall posting against them will make town think it's TVT.

It's great input.

~som
I'm curious, insomnia.

Does this also apply in the opposite direction and why?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2244 (isolation #160) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:11 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Where are those
Spiffy/Ego
replies to my questions? ISO me if you lost them.
In post 2159, Equitable Androids wrote:Wherever you want? I am an open book. I work better with a specific question about a subject, particularly on day 1. If you're asking me who we should lynch, Smol is my preferred lynch target.

~Titus
Case him for me? Me lazy and have been townreading the people I look at so far.

This game feels as easy as it looks.
In post 2167, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 1934, Disaster Artists wrote:
BILLBOARD TOWN

Imperium

I hooded this hydra and while I had them as basically locktown off in-thread interactions, I would have locktowned them basically immediately off the hood. Like I know my characterization of a hood is not helpful to some people but let me tell you, these two do not have access to the scum PT. They just don't.

At this point I'd view any suspicion of this slot with about as much skepticism as suspicion of my own.

Blake x Yang
Spoiler:

While there's always the concern that I wish Blake was like this almost every game, I'm not going to let "it's too good to be true" be a reason to not hard town this slot. Each head is townie independently. The one concern would be that Taly might be lowkey scum-polarized but I think the reach outs and struggle to get involved in this game all much more matches town Taly than scum Taly in my mind. Recent posting has all been billboard town tbh.

TOWN

Feminist Bloq
Spoiler:

lol why is this slot getting any scumreads at all?

I don't have the best hit rate on Ausuka generally, and of course Datisi would be easier to read if he was playing the main game and not just minigames. So two reasons to not hard say this should be a billboard read. But basically everything Ausuka has posted in the main thread just seems... good? I don't know how else to put it but this slot should just be town

Spiffybringer
Spoiler:

This slot should have been IC levels and it's dropped off a lot but let's be real. Firebringer is scum-polarized and he's not playing so that's lame but it doesn't make him scum. And Spiffy's initial mindmeld with me on Tammy was super town, which unfortunately he then just... gave up for no reason by backpedaling on the townread. Still second-guessing a snap townread is probably more town indicative than scum indicative? Maybe not but most of Spiffy's posting has been fine and this slot should probably just be town, with the caveat that the play here is just really different from TvA. But he was mason in TvA so I don't know how that might have impacted his approach.

I wouldn't bet a lot of money on this slot and I won't feel bad if I'm wrong but probably one of the townier slots in the game.

Latios and Latias

Normally I wouldn't be inclined to dignify Gamma with a townread right now given he's been a naughty boi lately, but I think it's kinda ridiculous that after Minesweeper 2 more people seemed to want to throw townreads on Prism when Gamma did the very townie reach out there. And Gamma wanting to work with someone in a temp PT is pretty town gamma tbh -- viewtopic.php?p=11721774#p11721774

also viewtopic.php?p=11721828#p11721828 is good posting

NL
Spoiler:
In post 217, NL wrote:My flavor is mod-confirmed 0/10.

I'm already town as f just for this.
Honestly this slot would be billboard town but I don't want Maria to start cultivating a meta of doing even LESS as town

Yeah, I know, off play objectively this slot should be null. But that Maria is putting 0 effort into getting townread frankly probably heavily spews her town LOL

QUOTE UNQUOTE "NULL"

Egospray
Spoiler:
In post 941, egospray wrote:1. Hectic felt really in your face in and direct to people. Almost like he was power playing and taking control. Here he feels like he's goofing off more right now.
Tempted to townlean off this. My #1 concern with this slot is bugspray not playing the main thread which basically prohibits me from moving this slot up to town, because that's really night and day from schadd's mystery box game and a lot more consistent with bug being a town-polarized player. I'm still talking with DRK about this read though and might have more since I think she has some different expectations.

Cappy
Spoiler:

I would never really consider lynching this slot before day 4. The question is, if it's still alive, is it the day 4 lynch? And my answer to that is: that won't be my problem because I'm never surviving to day 4 this game. So there's literally no reason to read this slot because I'm never lynching them while events are running, and I am absolutely confident that in a game with this many kills that I die well before then.

Despair Night
Spoiler:

Not accepting the masonry was a big mistake.

Saying to vig me was a bigger mistake if he wanted to be alive on day 3.

That being said, I'd trust Blake's read on insomnia over mine own this game. I'd still shoot him night 2 even if she townread him, but I'm not shooting him night 1. I don't think I would ever consider him for a day 1 lynch unless Blake said he was the day 1 lynch. That's actually exactly where I'm at on him right now. Insomnia being null to Blake is probably my biggest concern with him. And frankly him going through like three different stages of grief after I said I was going to shoot him was.... weird and not particularly townie.

Doing this list took too long, part 2 with the bottom half continues after breakfast.

-JOHN CENA
If this slot flips town I might end up sheeping this

-Latios
I was originally concerned that
Gamma
not stating a defined reason to sort or solidify this huge bulk of reads is a scum-strategy to avoid read accountability, especially in the idea that the
Cena hydra
flips relatively soon.

Two seconds later I thought that narrative was stupid because this puts
Gamma
into a massive hole read-wise regardless of
Cena's
alignment... and since him/
Chem's
reads are too different from this hydra...

...Very likely town.

k cool

But you know, I'm mind-melding with half the plist so why not just add another hydra to that.

-yang

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2245 (isolation #161) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:12 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2244, Blake X Yang wrote:-yang

-yang
I-

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2247 (isolation #162) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:46 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Address it anyway. Humor me.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2249 (isolation #163) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:54 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I asked you whether it does and to explain why it does or doesn't.

Answer, please.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2253 (isolation #164) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:05 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I meant from Farkran's side, sorry.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2255 (isolation #165) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:21 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2243, Blake X Yang wrote:

-Blake
If you're town, this will make you want to push elsewhere because you actually believe in your read but just
understood wall posting against them will make town think it's TVT.

It's great input.

~som
I'm curious, insomnia.

Does this also apply in the opposite direction and why?

-Blake
No.

I'm asking if this same mindset functions from Farkran's side.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2258 (isolation #166) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I understand you're very likely addressing my other head, Titus, but I have my own thoughts related to that post and I will say them once I have an answer from Insomnia.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2259 (isolation #167) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:39 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I will say this, though.

The fact that I can confidently call popsofctown town tells me that I'm either unusually well tuned into the game or catastrophically wrong.

I have an idea for how to test this.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2264 (isolation #168) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:51 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

So you're telling me that I can't gain any conclusions from this. Is this correct?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2266 (isolation #169) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:55 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Whatever you say, insomnia.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2268 (isolation #170) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

VOTE: Smol Night

I will only support a lynch on this slot today.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2269 (isolation #171) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2267, Despair Night wrote:You haven’t gained anything, have you?
That's the question, isn't it?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2272 (isolation #172) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:02 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Is this you underestimating me, or you believing you have me figured out?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2278 (isolation #173) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2276, Despair Night wrote:
In post 2272, Blake X Yang wrote:Is this you underestimating me, or you believing you have me figured out?

-Blake
On the contrary, I think that you came to the perfect conclusion. Is it right though? Did I influence you to come to that conclusion?

Me having figured you out is a slow process. Not because I can’t, but because...Idk.
You are correct that I did gain something from your answer.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2288 (isolation #174) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 0, Superb Subtlety wrote:
But when the Flying Scumsman took off that day, things changed.

Co-Mods and Co-Designers
: Alisae & jjh927
Special Thanks
: Frozen Angel

Playerlist

Blake x Yang (Alyssa the Lamb and Taly)
Egospray (bugspray and GeorgeBailey)
Imperium (Nachomamma8 and Tammy)
NL (GuyInFreezer and MariaR)
Despair Night (JunkoChan and insomnia)

Legend

Bolded = Confirmed Role PM.
* = Prods.
Striked = Replaced.

Spoiler: Doin' it right (Alive: 34/34)
Blake x Yang (Anka and Taly)
Egospray (bugspray and GeorgeBailey)
Imperium (Nacho and Tammy)
NL (GiF and MariaR)
Depsair Night (JunkoChan and insomnia)
Latias and Latios (Chemist and Gamma Emerald)
Spoiler: Not Feelin' it right (Dead: 0/34)
--------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler: Events
In post 2284, Disaster Artists wrote:
In post 2268, Blake X Yang wrote:VOTE: Smol Night

I will only support a lynch on this slot today.

-Blake
Remind me why this is better than foxy? Is it just because xof is cuter? :P

-JC
What changes with a Smol Night townflip?
What changes with an Unapologetically Foxy townflip?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2289 (isolation #175) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I'm not sure how I managed to quote the opening post.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2291 (isolation #176) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:00 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

John Cena, do you agree or disagree with the assertion that the scumteam are more likely to be demotivated this game than motivated?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2292 (isolation #177) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I believe my townblock is increasing yet again.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2296 (isolation #178) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I do think that worth regards to my townreads on a lot of the active slots, scum would have less reason to put the effort in.

Most or all of the scum would fit into this category, which is actually a remarkably small number.

I'd like to test this, especially on the slot that made a stink about effort in their first foray into the thread only to fall to the wayside.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2298 (isolation #179) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I expect Smol Might and egospray are both scum currently.

Unapologetically Foxy are acting in a way I can see from town across both heads.
Feminist Bloc is probably town despite this.

I believe Flavortown is getting a pass that they shouldn't be.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2301 (isolation #180) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2299, Spiffybringer wrote:I agree that this is pretty business as usual for Pine
Not thrilled w/ Feminist at this point in my reread (page 32) but we'll see how they are as the game progresses

And idk I think Flavortown is town but I've never played w/ scum!Boon

~Spiffy
In my recent experience, Flavor Leaf has gotten increasingly discouraged with scum games. Winning Don Corleone directly made him more mislynchable from his own words. He played a lot of scumgames in the past year, and my most recent two games with a scum Flavor Leaf was as his partner, where he started off disheartened before the game even began due to the roles the scumteam were given, and TM2020 Large Theme, where he played his heart out and lost after gaining a large advantage.

I can see him looking at this game and not having the heart to play it, especially after realizing that the odds of him being removed from the game night one isn't low.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2357 (isolation #181) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I see this is Firebringer roast time.

I will be back tomorrow.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2370 (isolation #182) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:50 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

shit i have to :EFFORT: cause i wont unless i just do it now

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2371 (isolation #183) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

also, funny how
Blake
and I are becoming read much easier together than we are solo

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2372 (isolation #184) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:59 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

ok maybe it's because of
cena
he's literally the 3p to this hydra

oh wait,
cena
does everyone in this thread know your main? i know some people have mentioned with that name, but not everyone reads in depth, do you care if i state the user i know you best by?

i think it would be quite a krazy experience.

also, i pocketed
ausuka
, im so proud of myself. finally pocketed someone instead of being the one who gets pocketed.

im so dangerous lul

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2502 (isolation #185) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

This game has gotten stale.

Please lynch Smol Might.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2504 (isolation #186) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:34 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

I'd think you were drunk or high considering you had the same rough take that I did off that entire exchange, but now I believe that this might just be the first time we end up on the same page in a game.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2507 (isolation #187) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:50 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2505, Black Hole Defection wrote:
I'm living in a world where CO Blake agrees that CO Nachomamma not doing laundry is evidence of participation in Black Hole Army, who always wheres dark clothes that needn't be washed.

Nobody ruin this for me.
Well obviously.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2509 (isolation #188) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:57 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

Disaster Artists is town.
Black Hole Defection is town.
The Searchers is town.
Feminist Blocc is town.
Cappy is town.

Imperium is most likely town.
Latias and Latios is most likely town.
Unapologetically Foxy is most likely town.

The most likely possibilities I can come to at the moment is the following:

Egospray and Smol Might are likely scum in that they have the exact parameters of what I would expect scum to have this game, in that they are clearly making some attempt to engage into the game and yet are lethargic in doing so.
NL and Flavortown can be town or scum in any combination. They are not included in the above list because they've made little to no attempt to engage into the game in the first place.
Mikoto and Kuroko, Equitable Androids, Spiffybringer, and Despair Night are flex potential scum slots. The likelihood of these being correct are roughly in order.

I expect that both Egospray and Smol Might are scum, and that the most likely possibility is that one scum is in both of the other lists. If there is scum outside of that list, then it's within the next three names up. I have reasons I believe in to townread those three names, but I am not as convinced as with the top five.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2511 (isolation #189) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:16 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2510, Spiffybringer wrote:
In post 2504, Blake X Yang wrote:I'd think you were drunk or high considering you had the same rough take that I did off that entire exchange, but now I believe that this might just be the first time we end up on the same page in a game.

-Blake
maybe ur the drunk and high one.

~fire
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2513 (isolation #190) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:27 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

I don't think Yang is quite that good at impersonation, Black Hole Defection.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2517 (isolation #191) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:18 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2514, Feminist Blocc wrote:Hello it is the time for me to pretend to care about the Mafia Part

I was gonna ask for a tldr on why Smol Might scum, and glancing at their ISO i see their last post was page 45, i assume that had something to do with that?

-D
Somewhat. It also has to do with their bravado on having a high post count when they first entered the thread.
In post 2515, Black Hole Defection wrote:
In post 2513, Blake X Yang wrote:I don't think Yang is quite that good at impersonation, Black Hole Defection.

-Blake
CO Yang posts gif technology a lot more freely than you which is what made me unsure.
I will bear in mind in the future that CO Yang refrains from using your likeness.
Yang also rarely, if ever, responds with only a GIF. It's always supplementary whereas my usage is commonly by itself.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2521 (isolation #192) » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:47 pm

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1441, Imperium wrote:
In post 811, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:hat does this mean for you? We know that factional nightkills are an exception to targeting rule, but it is not clear whether those kills are attracted or not because i've noticed that on MS factional kills are usually not treated as a night ability. Other abilities however, can usually target one hydra head, not the whole hydra.
we redirect all abilities unto ourselves
if it's an ability that targets a head, the head that will be targeted is nacho
if it's an ability that targets a hydra, the hydra that will be targeted is Imperium
-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2549 (isolation #193) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:06 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

It makes little logical sense for Farkran to stick to these failed pushes when egospray is within his lynchable list and has a realistic chance of being pushed through.

Its also nonsensical in the sense that he isn't attempting to stop the Smol Might wagon either, he's passively allowing it to happen.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2559 (isolation #194) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2553, Spiffeh wrote:I think from now on I'm gonna stop trying and just complain about every post calling me scum

That sounds more fun

~Spiffy
Oh do be quiet, you baby.

I didn't even call you scum, I put you in a list of four people that I said likely had one scum within it. That's a lot different than calling you scum.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2563 (isolation #195) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2561, Spiffybringer wrote:Mostly talking about SirCakez and Mikoto/Kuruko, I already made a joke about yours!

My least favorite type of game to play is one where I have to fight for my life every Day because I focus more on defending myself rather than finding scum and I can see that is the direction this game is heading in and I'm not looking forward to it so I am preemptively trying to not care so I don't get mad when that inevitably happens

~Spiffy
I see. I apologize for misunderstanding.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2568 (isolation #196) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

I explained the whole thing to Taly, so I will be able to go more in depth on it once I have time.

Or, if he gets to it first, he can explain it.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2574 (isolation #197) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 2571, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:I actually think that Smol Might might end up being town due to disinterest.

Also fuck Imperium's ability. Like actually fuck that ability.

-Mikoto
What makes Smol Might's disinterest different from Egospray's?

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2579 (isolation #198) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Interesting. I could have sworn your slot had less activity throughout the game.

Question withdrawn.

-Blake
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2591 (isolation #199) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

did
flavor's
partner die somehow? why are they posting solo?

-yang

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”