Krazy's Post-Apocalypse uPick (Game Over)

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4432 (isolation #200) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Is this game slowing down?

VOTE: PP
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4436 (isolation #201) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

There aren't 5 scum to coordinate a quickhammer if PP is scum

The VC looks really cute I'm gonna leave my vote there
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4437 (isolation #202) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Let's get in range
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4449 (isolation #203) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

I can't use Cake because it's a day ability, and my vampire passive says I can't use any day abilities. Its only point is for me to die.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4458 (isolation #204) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

Cephrir hasn't impressed me yet but between Ank's day1 play and the fancy mystical secret nightpower tonight I think there's enough reason to lynch somewhere else.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4470 (isolation #205) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

DM claimed they can summon light ammunition at night or fire at night and they start the game with no ammunition, and that they summoned ammunition night 1, shot Alchemist night 2 and it did not result in his death, and tried to summon ammunition night 3 but were roleblocked.

Alchemist has killed someone every single night. He is speculated to be an SK from DM claiming they tried to shoot him and the shot failed, making everyone speculate the classic fully bulletproof serial killer, but that shifts a lot with a red DM
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4471 (isolation #206) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 4303, Dats Mist wrote:Town Vigilante. Joel from The Last of Us. We need light ammo to shoot, and we start the game with no ammunition. At night we can scavenge or look for a bullet.

N1: looked for a bullet, successfully found one.
N2: shot Alch
N3: looked for a bullet, didn't find anything, so someone blocked us.

-D
Actually
What's up with DM not receiving Light Ammo from alimdia night 3? He was killed, but the actions should resolve concurrently and he was heavily encouraged/blackmailed about giving DM Light Ammo
This makes me worry DM did receive light ammo and badly wants to be off the hook for producing nightflips
Scum can't have roleblocked both DM and alimdia, I wouldn't expect scum to have two roleblockers.
UNVOTE:
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4479 (isolation #207) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

He softed that he could but I now see in the flip Krazy posted he couldn't gift ammo
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4482 (isolation #208) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:14 am

Post by popsofctown »

What if it's 1 scum 3 traitors :thinking:
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4491 (isolation #209) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

Alchemist claimed to be a killing role when he was run up to L-1 on day-1, long before DM shot him.

If Krazy posted an SK role PM for Alchemist in the thread I would not want to lynch him, no.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4506 (isolation #210) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

Pues, a mi "egregious" significa la idea que un fracaso es un fracaso de fracasos, la idea que sube al proximo nivel. En la misma manera un diablo "egregious" es un diablo de diablos.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4507 (isolation #211) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

es una palabra bella y Cephrir no sabe lo que dice
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4514 (isolation #212) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

I didn't use a translator. I got a B in university Spanish oral communication so I'm like quasifluentish. I wish I got to use Spanish more day to day.

pedit: haha when you speak a second language and don't have a full vocabulary you end up making all sorts of weird phrasings. I remember explaining a thought to people in mexico and needing to make three left turns to get a right turn in saying something.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4522 (isolation #213) » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

Who is your top pick for scum DEB?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4526 (isolation #214) » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I kind of want to give PP some amount of leeway, because in a slow moving LyLo being the first to act is not plan A for scum to do.

I'm not sure whether to classify that with "things scum!PP can do to make me not want to lynch him".

I'm going to try VOTE: Dats Mist

not going to go to sleep while my vote's there, probably. A 4 person scumteam can't quickhammer a wakeful pops, not popsible, so it's ok while I'm awake.

I really need to get more out of Damisi that's not role stuff or disengagement because the role stuff is not providing actual reasons to believe her, and she hasn't felt, as Auro says" in the game" for several dayphases
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4542 (isolation #215) » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

it's MyLo if there are 4 scums and Alchem doesn't townside right
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4544 (isolation #216) » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

There's probably no way we're locked out of potential win avenues, especially if we don't lynch DM. But I think regardless of the label this phase should have it's weird it's so quiet
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4545 (isolation #217) » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It wouldn't be the first time I disagreed with Nancy about something.

I found jjh's role very powerful and I lean towards four scums based on that. Surely if FB is a cop also.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4548 (isolation #218) » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

idk why we would lynch the cop counterwagon with the weirdly delayed miller claim when we have the chance to risk lynching a town vigilante come on now
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4550 (isolation #219) » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I just need a point in the right direction
VOTE: Dr Easy Bake
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4552 (isolation #220) » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

If I didn't realize it was a pagetop does it hurt more or less
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4599 (isolation #221) » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:59 pm

Post by popsofctown »

There are sixteen hours left. Does this game have plurality lynch?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4609 (isolation #222) » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm undecided enough to go with what's bigger, I think.
VOTE: Dats Mist
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4619 (isolation #223) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

This game is bastard, the dolphins escape before the apocalypse occurs in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, therefore they are not post-apocalyptic characters.

Arthur Dent is kind of escaping exactly when it occurs, that warrants a pass

Should we massclaim again?
To the astute observer I already went first.

It's probably better to keep it ambiguous who got the gun, but I speculated PP might get it from a combination of DEB's personality and ability so I pulled him so I have scavenging priority if he dies holding it.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4620 (isolation #224) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

Alchemist, were you roleblocked?
I think a roleblock on Alchemist is a softguilty on Firebringer, regardless of whether Alchemist is SK or vig. It wasn't clear where Alchemist would shoot.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4622 (isolation #225) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

Because the scum form of kill interference confirmed to be in the setup is roleblock, and a cop is a high priority roleblock.

That is, that's what my brain says when I fail to internalize that DM lied about getting roleblocked.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4626 (isolation #226) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 4572, Dats Mist wrote:I already claimed that my last night's search for a bullet failed. I have no ammo at the moment.

And sure, CoC2 was a much shorter and smaller game at the time I was less busy. Was that just a jab at my laziness or?

-D
In post 4616, Krazy wrote:Dats Mist (Datisi/Chemist Hydra) -- Colt Defender (
1 round loaded
)
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4634 (isolation #227) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

I didn't target Pumba last night
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4637 (isolation #228) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Virtually every mod would continue the game.
In a totally vanilla 4:3:1, if the SK cooperates with town to perform a correct lynch and the antitowns crosskill, the following day is 4:1, which is definitely not a loss.
Krazy is a mod that thinks unlynchable scum is ok so there's some never say never about how he would run things but I've never seen a large theme mod call the game just because there is more antitown than town. I once played a 1 mafia 1 werewolf 1 SK 1 vanilla townie endgame where my goal was to convince all the killing people I was the only townie and hope that they killed eachother in a circle so I could win.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4644 (isolation #229) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

That's unexpected
Is he a mafia deputy now?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4646 (isolation #230) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

~Debbie's got a, gun~
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4666 (isolation #231) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

PPF was town so like I read one thing this game correctly at minimum

I set my standards pretty low for large themes I guess I will take that and accept it
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4671 (isolation #232) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think my reasons for being mad at PB are fundamentally different from PP's
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4687 (isolation #233) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I thought survivors don't win exclusively? I'm not sure I've actually played with a survivor. I thought they are just an SK without a gun because some mods are sadists.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4705 (isolation #234) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

PP being in Nashville sometime when I'm not in Nashville and accusing other people of betraying
him
smh
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4707 (isolation #235) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

If town is as powerful as multiple cops I think there is 4 scum, which means alch is sk for the game to not be over
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4710 (isolation #236) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Oh you live there? I always think of it as touristy, my brother loves to visit it lots
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4726 (isolation #237) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Skinny phonepost but I don't understand the problem with what I said.

If FB is town, ceph/PB/Deb/PP is the scumteam, hectic, fb, and I are town, and alchemist is sk, and the game is not called because of the bad guys shooting at eachother
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4734 (isolation #238) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Alchemist quoted a blurb from the rules that says scum don't win for parity if there's still an SK alive

That's also how every mod runs large themes ever
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4737 (isolation #239) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Having Alch shoot DEB should be safe, it's impossible to shoot and commute even if you have multitasking, Jingle said so in AvP
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4739 (isolation #240) » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

that post makes me smile

We could just lynch deb and have alch shoot PB?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4774 (isolation #241) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 4773, Hectic wrote:Leafy subbed out because he was busy, and wasn't satisfied with the amount of time he'd have to put in to a scum game. Oh his way out, he told Baker in scumchat that he should bring up and push the fact that he's never seen Leafy as scum sub out before.
DEB strikes me as the kind of player who wouldn't want to push that angle unless it occurred to him naturally and he had some ownership on the idea. But more importantly FL was dumping cargo barges of posts on the thread so the idea he didn't have time to play scum is ???

How would you read me for this game if FL never occupied this slot and I didn't townread a guiltied player? Not that either of those are unfair to consider, I'm just curious for the answer
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4779 (isolation #242) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Dr Easy Bake

Some time thinking about this game while away from it helped me think this out.
As much as complaining about other people's setup design is a schtick for and I get worked up about how I FEEL any setup should look (even if I win, like Menalque's normal) I don't actually know what Krazy is going to do and in fact only have a history of yelling at him postgame like I've yelled at other mods postgame. So even though seeing a powerful role like jjh's flip and hearing about a second invest -feels- like omg 4 scum, it's not rational for me to treat any attempt at predicting Krazy as moderately better than a coinflip. That means we have to lynch the probscum that can give the scum an additional kill tonight, because if it's 3 scum other lynches may throw, even if they flip scum, because three deaths tonight could drop the game to a 2:2 parity.
Lynching him on the other hand is close to a guaranteed win, tonight's flips will almost always clarify whether this is a Truthbringer and then it becomes very hard to lynch incorrectly.
In a general, less specific sense, this setup might have Weird Stuff like StarCraft having unlynchable scum, and the maximum cushion is focusing on the basics and reducing the mafia's killpower as fast as possible.
I will UNVOTE: only so Cephrir can claim.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4795 (isolation #243) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I lolled
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4799 (isolation #244) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think Alchemist is maybe full BP and prefers PB for that reason. Would make the calculus about Deb's colt very different for him.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4806 (isolation #245) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

o.o
Okay, that is a lot of guilties
VOTE: Pink Ball
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4816 (isolation #246) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

PP's title seems like it has new meaning when he's using animated avatars
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4887 (isolation #247) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

Deb won in the sense that he had the most fun
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4922 (isolation #248) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

Lol of course not, he wasn't actually noah.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4953 (isolation #249) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I didn't dance party with Pink Ball and Dannflor because even I am not so cruel as to make you watch that
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4954 (isolation #250) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

That would be like watching Shrek watch Fiona make mudpies with Prince Charming in Shrek 2. They don't go that far into emotional pain because kids need to be able to watch too
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4972 (isolation #251) » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 3084, PenguinPower wrote:
You know, one thing that has perplexed me about this since the episode first came out is "why three pizzas?" I mean - think about it. There are seven members of the study group. Assuming that Shirley is a Big Eater while Annie and Britta are Small Eaters with the remainder of the group being Average eaters, and that they will order Large pizzas (which those appear to be), they should only need on average two slices of pizza per person (adjusted up or down for Big and Small eaters respectively). That would equal a total of two Large pizzas.

Where does the third pizza come from? Why introduce an entire other pizza? If someone in the average group was feeling extra peckish, why not just get an order of cheesy bread and marinara sauce? Or a small calzone? Ordering an extra Large pizza is wasteful, absurd, and it really takes away from the realism that the rest of that episode portrays. I'm ashamed and embarrassed for them.
Community is on netflix now and I will necro this to present my theory.
You will notice during the episode that of the six possible people who collect the pizza, only Abed actually requests everyone give him money to account for their fair share of the cost. The implication is that in all other cases, whoever went to the door to get the pizzas paid the full cost, not thinking in advance about it and considering it small enough potatoes not to ask to get reimbursed. Even when Abed asks for remuneration, the group seems somewhat surprised about it.
I suspect Jeff, who developed a scheme to ensure he was not the one to pick up the pizzas and might have expected the hosts to pick it up by default, is the one who actually placed the order. Knowing the financial cost would not strike him directly, he placed a wastefully excessive order. There are two ways he could benefit from the extra pizzas:
Getting a higher variety of flavors, so he could eat one pineapple, one olive, and one pepperoni slice
or
Guaranteeing very, very reliably that they do not run out of pizza and have a defensible excuse for not eating any of Shirley's pies, which was an important goal for the evening.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”