Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:45 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 91, username wrote:Okay so this is a fakegod setup which means there's slim to no chance of finding a breaking strategy

I'm usually the first to object to denying tribute to the blood gods on day one but what if we no-execute and send out shipments / shipment check And work off that on day 2?

Reduces our risk of outting / killing the tomboy on day one. There's no night kill, and then we have a jumping off point tomorrow.
No. We only have 5 chances to find scum. Reducing that to 4 is not a good idea.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Enough.

I am the Port Authority.
Here`s how the rest of the game will be done:
You talk about who`s the scummiest(and who is towny) and vote, but not to E-1 or Hammer, please.
I won`t tell you my preference of course.
UNVOTE: Execution my RVS vote.
2-1days before deadline I vote someone and you comply.
I`ll leave the shipments to you because I don`t want to out the TD(so you still have to do something).
I can`t help you much in developing reads but I might occasionally ask questions if I think its needed, or reinforce questions going unanswered(probably mainly the latter).
Good luck.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:43 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Yes we can do the alternative lynching plan. And now
go and scumhunt people. I still need your reads (and your votes).
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Please do not forget the Ship Inspection part, there`s a lot more people voting for lynch than voting for ship inspections.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:29 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 891, username wrote:
In post 889, Menalque wrote:NK15 needs to claim fakeclaim or no fakeclaim next time he’s in thread

It's way too easy for NK to try and talk his way out of it pretending to have been Shitposting

And y'all wonder why I hate shitpost meta

This is a direct counterclaim and one of them is lying.
Yes, and the one lying was me. It was not shitposting, however. I thought post might have been a mistake by the PA, that`s why I fakeclaimed, especially because the real PA didnt claim in the manner I did. If Iconeum is scum testing my claim, then well played but I can`t risk counterclaiming him because now Iconeum can direct the lynches, instead of me. Ideally, Iconeum would have claimed right at the beginning but.... well, they didnt.

I`ll post more later when I have more time, now that I no longer need to play like a claimed PA.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Scumreads:
-NorwegianboyEE
In post 483, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Oh wait!
Execute Maxwell
This can be my standard "Don’t really know where to vote so i’ll park here" slot.
Sounds a bit more complicated than normal
In post 563, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 562, Radical Rat wrote:Tentative scumteam guess: notscience/Hel/Moment.
I like those spicy reads.
In fact i don’t really like this slot. I think they’re trying to fake a "lolmeme" playstyle.
Vote Execute Hel
They like these reads... but vote for Hel(1 vote) instead of notscience(3 votes,
one directly above their post
).
In post 657, Alisae wrote:do u even have reads
In post 659, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I have reads but they are mostly gut. I think u are town tho.
Gut reads are an easy hide place for scum lacking true reads. And they do not say on whom these reads are.

-notscience

Mainly for triggering kuribo`s rage that way, but also because after that, there are almost exclusively shitposts(or defense), as if they are scum trying to hide connections to their other scummates(instead of scumhunting), which they probably are.

-Hel
Their disruptive posts also very rarely contain reads or pushes. Looks like scum going the "go crazy to get townread" route to me.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 902, username wrote:Like, a guy who's putting to "protect the real PA" is t making a post that's like "okay everyone follow my lead"
Correct.
I didn`t want to protect the real PA. I wanted to protect the TD. There were three possibilities:
-Menalque is the PA, and Datisi is the TD. In this case, Menalque cannot claim which would cause a very bad situation. But me claiming fixes that, removes suspicion from Menalque, and allows me to eliminate anyone but these two.
-My thoughts were wrong and I get counterclaimed. In this case we have a claimed PA(finally) who can direct our lynches, and I can tell you why I did what I did. I continue to believe that outing the PA and making them choose all lynches is good, not bad.
-My thoughts were wrong and I do not get counterclaimed. In this case we have a terrible PA and probably not good chances to win anyways.
In post 917, Umlaut wrote:
In post 916, Hel wrote:What's the advantage to scum for getting shipmaster to claim? I can actually kinda believe NOt Known would take seriously, and try and provide "cover".

But if he was doing that, why try and seize complete control? Not Known, don't you think shipmaster!Menalque would counterclaim you after you do something like that which is very beneficial to scum?

UNVOTE:
If NK15 actually believed Menalque's claim was likely to be a genuine slip-up, they would know Menalque couldn't actually hard-cc them because that outs the TD as well. From that perspective grabbing control like that reads as massively scummy.
Except that counterclaiming as scum means that I will get checked, at minimum. Which means an early and free scum lynch - terrible with White Flag rules. Me getting checked isn`t so bad for town, though.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 929, notscience wrote:So your big reads you were hiding were lolposters and me for triggering the rage of someone I didn’t realize who they were (and lolposting)

Okay buddy, that’s clearly a town train of thought
Your reasoning is terrible. The reason for fakeclaiming was Menalque and their idiotic claim at the beginning.
The reason for not giving reads was to credibly fake being PA AND because I actually knew who the PA and TD were(Menalque), in case no one CC`d me(save for the unlikely case of a dumb PA not counterclaiming).
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 925, maxwell wrote:
In post 921, maxwell wrote:
In post 910, Something_Smart wrote:Let's see a VC before we get ahead of ourselves.

I think the best way forward here is for Icon to pick a group of 2-3 to inspect. To minimize info leak, they could maybe do it randomly, or semi-randomly (exclude an unstated pool of townreads, and randomize from among the rest), but I'm okay with either. (Of course, don't offer justification for any player's inclusion/exclusion.)
I agree with this and think Ico should play everything close to the vest from this point forward and avoid giving reads as further information only benefits scum. I think the pool should probably be come from suspicious people but if it's not sure of its reads then it can randomize the selection (excluding the TD as a possibility, obviously). Thinking on this: if the pool if 5 players and we hit tea, then we can eliminate one and check half of the remaining 4 on the next day, either we get a tea result and eliminate in that 50/50, or we don't and know we can eliminate in the other 50/50. This gives us at least 1 guaranteed scum elimination by day 4, which we need to not lose. If those 5 get cleared, that kind of sucks but we just have to hunt in the remaining pool. If we do a pool of 3 instead, we can guarantee a scum elimination by day 3 if we hit tea, if we don't, we can do another pool of 3 and hope to hit tea there and guarantee an elimination by day 4. A pool of 4 just seems like an unhappy medium now that I look at it this way. I think I might prefer the group of 5 method in this case because it gets us more information sooner but I'm willing to listen to what other people think.
Right, just realized we can pick 5 today and if we miss we can do 3 tomorrow and cross our fingers, if we can't find one scum in 9/15 players (the checks+today's vote) then we probably deserve to lose the game anyway.
This plan looks good. You should lynch me because I am definitely not the TD, and would need to be checked anyways, and leave the rest to Iconeum.
Two things you should absolutely do though:
-
On days when selecting a lynch outside of an approved group, Iconeum decides the lynch.(no tea found days)
(avoids lynching TD)
-
Refrain from posting any more votes today before Iconeum has selected the group(do not quicklynch me and kill the plan).
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:51 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 946, notscience wrote:
The reads he shared were all lolposters
and myself for the kuribo thing which is lazy at best if he’s town but much more likely scum taking safe stances.
The read on Norwegian is not related to shitposting.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 951, Moment wrote:Someone once told me that the most common way that towns lose games is by focusing on the townies who do outrageous things over the silently scummy people. I think that that describes our current situation fairly well.
Yeah except that I have outed myself as Not TD which means I need to get executed(or included in the check if people want to keep me around in case I am town).
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 961, notscience wrote:Okay guys that’s fine we can leave scum nk until endgame and then act all surprised Pikachu when he flips red that’s fine too
This is a strawman because that`s NOT what`s planned. If not lynched I would be in the group of scummy people. Anyways, if I am not the person you all want to lynch today, then Iconeum needs to direct the lynch because otherwise we could hit the TD.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:15 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 968, Hel wrote:
In post 966, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 963, Hel wrote:What do you think about what I said, Azelf? Why do you think scum!NK15 makes that play?
To spew anyone who clearly believed him as not the daughter.
Oh, that's a good point actually.
No, it is not. The daughter can(not must) freely choose to
believe me
because the real PA is going to out themselves and stop it.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1039, Titus wrote:I think NK15 should move to Copper or Wheat to be investigated in a smaller pairing. His slot has a lot of contention to it, which I admittedly only skimmed. I know this lets him pick his own pairing but we can't force him unless we feel he's absolutely scum setting up to frame someone.
To your info: Iconeum decides who gets investigated, these people either switch to being investigated or are lynched for failure to comply. Also, if the lynch is not me, Iconeum also decides the lynch. The reason for "why" should be obvious if you had read the thread.
Everyone should move to Linen to assure a problem-free transition.
Iconeum can then pick another good and we vote accordingly. They will decide the lynch. Of course, these duties could get delegated if they wish but that makes no sense for product tests, and no sense for any other lynch target then me...
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:36 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1073, Iconeum wrote:I think 5 is too large of a pool

if you make it 4 i'd put datisi/maki/SS/ + either NK (if we don't exectue him - and with Tea found he's probably first to go anyway) or maybe someone like Moment/notscience in it if we execute NK
Iconeum
, you are the PA.
Every time you name someone to be checked they are confirmed not TD. Start understanding the mechanics.

Ok, Iconeum plays horribly, as PA.
Now that Iconeum has named 5 people to be Not TD I propose the following:
1.Iconeum starts trying to understand the mechanics.

2. Datisi, Maki, SS, Moment, and notscience go to wheat, as do I, everybody else who is in Wheat moves out.

3. If someone from the above did not comply within 72 hours they get lynched after everybody who should moved to wheat and everybody else who shouldnt moved out.

3.(Alternative) If everybody from the group in 2. moved in and everybody moved out in time we lynch me because then you can look for the real scum in that group if you find tea, OR we lynch someone else from that group(my preferred solution) who is actually scum, which is better.(that would be notscience here)
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:37 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Ship:Wheat
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:58 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1087, maxwell wrote:
In post 1073, Iconeum wrote:I think 5 is too large of a pool

if you make it 4 i'd put datisi/maki/SS/ + either NK (if we don't exectue him - and with Tea found he's probably first to go anyway) or maybe someone like Moment/notscience in it if we execute NK
It has to be either 5 or 3 - 4 is splitting the difference to an unhappy middle. If we inspect 5 and find tea, we execute one tomorrow and inspect two of that group in case we choose wrong. If it's three with tea, we execute one and inspect one of the remaining two. If we did four, we'd have to inspect two on day 2 anyway, and leave one player as the remainder - basically the same as five but with lower odds of a hit to begin with.

But, you've named names, so now we're committed to those.
In post 1085, Menalque wrote:Icon tho seriously when are you gonna stop CCing people who claim your PR :lol:
In this setup it was the right move.
Yes, it was(although it would have been a better move by Iconeum to instantly claim PA and decide all lynches before that happened).

Iconeum, I never said I played well here. But that doesn`t allow you to play suboptimally if you know better. You should, outside of naming people to be lynched/investigated, make as little posts as possible within the rules, with the minimum allowed information to be given to scum with your posts.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (isolation #18) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:57 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1089, Something_Smart wrote:You should make no comment on whether this was an honest suggestion or a WIFOM attempt, and you should unilaterally pick who will be investigated. It can be arbitrary; it's actually even better if it's random (you can exclude people you townread if you so desire, just do not name the people being excluded). It should be 3-4 people, though this is up for debate and you should decide the number before you choose. It should obviously not include the daughter. Other than that, everything you say, including this, gives away information about who the daughter might be.

I'm sorry; I know it's hard to not be able to discuss your reads, but you have to do it. Ask FG for a confessional PT if you want to talk about reads.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:59 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

(except that I am not sorry about you being outed(as opposed to having claimed on an incorrect assumption, sorry for that), you are PA, you have to play that way, deal with it, it`s your duty).
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:09 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1096, Iconeum wrote:i would like to see people making their scummiest looking brackets of 3 that they wanna see investigated
In post 1097, Iconeum wrote:i'll post my final 3 tomorrow and we simply execute NK

right? :)
As you wish...

My personal bracket of 3 to be investigated:
notscience,NorwegianboyEE,
Something_Smart
, in THIS order, from least scummy to most scummy.
Post tells you why I picked Norwegian and notscience.
For SomethingSmart, look at their ENTIRE ISO until right now. It is not small yet... IT CONTAINS ALMOST NO READS, ONLY MECHANICS and fluff. It looks like the ISO of someone who does LAMIST mechanic posts and forgets to produce reads in the process. And that is something town simply doesn`t forget. Only scum does.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (isolation #21) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:58 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1132, maxwell wrote:Doing a group of players on day 1 is the absolute best time to do it because then you can re-check those players on subsequent days. This gives us more information. Checking NK15 alone is low information and antitown.
this
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1138, Titus wrote:I think we need to lynch NK 15. I am not 100% sure what he'll flip, but I think RR is right. If NK is scum, then we learn something from our investigation. If NK is town, then we have to guess everyone else right in order to save him. That's unlikely. So he'd be a mislynch tomorrow. We then would spend that entire day learning nothing.

If NK wasn't such a contentious slot in VCA and by claim, then I might see defending him. Here it's just too antitown.

VOTE: NK 15
This is L-2. Stop voting me at this point. We don`t have the three people Iconeum wanted to provide tomorrow, and those three aren`t - obviously - on the investigation. The investigation atm is almost random. Any further vote at this point is ridicioulsly anti-town.
I ask that someone removes a vote on me to prevent this catastrophe from happening.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (isolation #23) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:31 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1145, Umlaut wrote:There are a number of people who have already been spewed not-TD in the process of this discussion. In their case the damage is done. Why don't we just put all of them (or a subset of them) on the shipment to be inspected? Then we don't give scum any information they haven't already gotten, all we do is determine whether there's scum in that pool.
We are just waiting for Iconeum to announce the pool, AND Iconeum wanted all of us to give them their proposed pool of 3 to be checked... with me being outside as the lynch. So start giving reads!!!
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (isolation #24) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:32 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1156, GuiltyLion wrote:read along a bit earlier today but haven't had time to post yet

My proposed 3 for Ico is
{Datisi, notscience, Umlaut}

I absolutely 100% sympathize with where Moment is coming from and I do think we shouldn't just immediately assume NK15 is scum for fake claiming, I intend to revisit his ISO again a bit today and see if I can try to suss out how I'd feel about him independently of that
What do you have to say about Norwegian and SomethingSmart? Where are they in your list? Why is Umlaut more scummy to you than any of these two?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (isolation #25) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1161, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1159, Not Known 15 wrote:What do you have to say about Norwegian and SomethingSmart? Where are they in your list? Why is Umlaut more scummy to you than any of these two?
I'm townreading Norway, I'm pretty sure I explained that earlier.

Smart's mostly null to me, I don't have particularly strong reasons to townread him or scumread him. I don't have a ranked 'list', I have players I am fine with eliminated and players I personally wouldn't want eliminated. Smart is in the former group but I also don't especially feel the need to eliminate him.

Umlaut a lot of times feels like he's participating just to participate and argue about mechanics stuff that's easy to argue about, less than actually chasing reads he believes in. His vote on Titus I particularly didn't like, and I've seen virtually no follow up from him on it. I agree with Moment that his recent post felt like he was keeping tabs on who has spewed not-TD. Generally meh vibes throughout.

Why do you expect me to be comparing him to those two in particular? I don't like the way you're trying to box me into doing direct comparisons, that's not really how I like to play especially in a game with 17 players where I'm sure to be off in some of my scumreads (and possibly townreads as well)
Norway and SomethingSmart are in my group of 3, along with notscience.
However, why is this reasoning you apply to Umlaut not applicable to Smart? When I looked at their ISO I saw almost nothing that resembled reads(except pushing Iconeum for their resistance against me being obvious PA(obviously it didnt turn out that way....), which is LHF), but I saw a lot of mechanics and some fluff. I see more(although still not much) attempts to read and to push the game in Umlauts ISO than in SomethingSmarts ISO.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1167, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1163, Not Known 15 wrote:However, why is this reasoning you apply to Umlaut not applicable to Smart? When I looked at their ISO I saw almost nothing that resembled reads(except pushing Iconeum for their resistance against me being obvious PA(obviously it didnt turn out that way....), which is LHF), but I saw a lot of mechanics and some fluff. I see more(although still not much) attempts to read and to push the game in Umlauts ISO than in SomethingSmarts ISO.
the thing is Smart often doesn't give reads, especially on D1, like this is how he usually plays. I recently townread him for that and got burned, but it's still not especially scum!indicative for him either.

I'm certainly not gonna complain if Ico puts Smart in the pool, I guess I'm just focusing on Umlaut cause I still really didn't like the timing or reasoning of his Titus vote, that stood out to me. You're acting like I townread Smart, I don't.
This explanation is ok.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:58 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Ship:Linen

Inspect:Wheat
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1350 (isolation #28) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:59 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1346, notscience wrote:VOTE: nk15

Fight the power
In post 1347, notscience wrote:Call me scum for it I don’t give a fuck I’m not playing these reindeer games anymore I’m trying to lynch scum
In post 1348, notscience wrote:
In post 1347, notscience wrote:Call me scum for it I don’t give a fuck I’m not playing these reindeer games anymore I’m trying to clown scum
EBWOP
This looks quite emotionally loaded, especially with the L-word in it.
That`s
not
town-indicative. notscience is in the group of three. If notscience is scum with Maki then two scum lynches are guranteed if we proceed as planned. In these situations, notscience has no other option but to desperately fight this situation.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

mislynch cookies, ew.
Execute:Maki Harukawa
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (isolation #30) » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:26 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1400, maxwell wrote:WE GOT ONE. Hopefully this means people can calm down a little, end of day yesterday was really painful. We get to play mafia! Thank fuck.
In post 1197, notscience wrote:
ship wheat
Execute maki

Not executing nk is absolutely the wrong play but fuck it might as well hand the game over to scum
This isn't the post of someone who knows they're about to get guiltied.
In post 1202, Moment wrote:This is a bad pool that I don't understand. Iconeum, I suggest you reconsider.
This is.

Vote: Moment

I
think
the play here is to execute one and inspect one of the remaining two, then we have a guaranteed hit tomorrow and can select a new pool based on the flips. Alternately we could submit a new one now but we'd be working with less info/reducing suspects right away which I'm not sure I like but it does give us more flexibility for checks down the line.
VOTE: Moment
I fully support this line of reasoning.
I want to look at ONE of the people in the pool, and that`s the one with the least votes so far, Datisi. Because it could be very well that there was MORE than one scum in that list, and if notscience is the only town in there this catches two scum. Given the Maki flip... notscience might be town.

There is a pro town reason for Iconeum not to reveal. And because scum have a brain, and there are three of them there is little value in keeping this shrouded, GL. Iconeum is actually not yet confirmed PA, they could also be the TD. If they are the PA, why spew yourself as Not TD?
That Iconeum is either the PA or the TD is at this point extremely clear because there is NO pro town reason to NOT reveal yourself if someone fakeclaimed at that point. A PA cannot allow scum to control the lynches, and unlike me Iconeum has no credible reason for doing that and would be executed the second someone reveals as PA.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (isolation #31) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:18 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1499, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Moment/NotScience/Datisi
All of you, please ship wheat and choose to investigate wheat. If you disagree your scum claiming. Tnx :>
In post 1510, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1499, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Moment/NotScience/Datisi
All of you, please ship wheat and choose to investigate wheat. If you disagree your scum claiming. Tnx :>
Actually, Moment. You can just stay out of the pool altogether. You're most likely town. Let's get someone from the Moment wagon in the next pool instead, either one of these:
In post 1484, FakeGod wrote:Moment [2] - maxwell, Alisae
definitely not doing this at the moment. If we are not sticking to the plan and do a single investigation in the known pool then it is only Iconeum who is allowed to make decisions. You forgot? Iconeum knows who not to investigate, we don`t, with the exception of Moment , notscience, Datisi, and me.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (isolation #32) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:33 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1513, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1511, Not Known 15 wrote:definitely not doing this at the moment. If we are not sticking to the plan and do a single investigation in the known pool then it is only Iconeum who is allowed to make decisions. You forgot? Iconeum knows who not to investigate, we don`t, with the exception of Moment , notscience, Datisi, and me.
I have no idea what you're trying to say. All i got is that you're opposed to my plan.
Yes, and here`s why:
Iconeum knows who the TD is.
We don`t.
Iconeum has named 5 people as not TD, me , the 3 people being investigated, and the Day 1 lynch.
Do not request specific investigations outside this pool. If you want investigations outside that pool, ask Iconeum to force one upon us.
I personally think we should find one scum in that pool as fast as possible, and we can do that by lynching one of them and investigating another. This allows us to see what SCUM did and to look for possible connections, which there are a ton of right now. With that knowledge on Day 3, we can make another pool of 3. But right now, we are just giving scum additional info by outing more people as Not TD(or worse, if we dont ask Iconeum, we LOSE by LYNCHING or OUTING the TD) if our inital pool already contains 2 or 3 scum.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (isolation #33) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:36 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

You also completely overlook one thing about notscience whiteknighting Maki: If notscience is in the pool, why is it a good idea to fight a town lynch? They are essentially dead if they are scum anyways.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1546 (isolation #34) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1545, Titus wrote:Unless you think all 3 are scum, we need to investigate a new pool today.
I initially thought no but the math says this is a good idea if the pool contains one scum, its less of a good idea if it contains more. It wouldnt surprise me if there are two in there(Datisi and Moment).
We lynch one of the group and three others are decided by Iconeum to be investigated. We do not have to follow Iconeum on the lynches here because they are already confirmed Not TD. If we hit scum in that group(it can NOT contain anyone from the first group because we could have a double positive), then we have enough investigations and lynches to wrap it up(lynch group 1, check 1 in group 2, then lynch scum in group 1 and check 1 in group 2, then lynch scum Day 5 is the worst case, and thats still elimination of scum)
If not then... welp, we hopefully lynched scum else we have to out another group of 3 and lynch on Day 3, if we hit tea then but not scum then we investigate 1 and lynch scum... then we have a 50/50 chance to hit scum afterwards; hitting tea and scum is means a second scum lynch at the end of Day 5. Additionally, if we hit scum by lynch today we can also reinvestigate the rest for more scum if the second investigation fails, to avoid excessive outings.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1547 (isolation #35) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

There might be actually two scum here. Moment and Datisi. Others have already said that Datisi isnt doing their town play, and in addition to that reaction to be in that pool there`s also Moment`s whiteknighting(of myself), notably before the pool was announced. In contrast, notscience looks more like LHF to me. That`s why I`d like to have a lynch on Moment and an investigation on Datisi(or the other way around), but that`s obviously something that doesnt help us that much - in fact something that HURTS us - if I am wrong about the number of scum here.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (isolation #36) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1675, NorwegianboyEE wrote:They could have made an excuse to investigate something else or just stayed on Linen right? Why did they move out to Wheat in the first place if they were scum? The best move would be to just stay in the largest pool no?
Did you forget? Iconeum decides the people to be investigated. When he decided the lynch and the investigations last day, everyone named was outed as Not TD. Refusing to switch would have very likely led to a Day 1 scum lynch which would have been bad for scum either way:Game-losing except for hitting TD if there was another scum in the pool of 4(lynch, invests), game-accelerating if not. Would YOU have declined to lynch someone who`d have refused to switch? I wouldn`t. Someone outed as Not TD should be investigated, or lynched. If they refuse to switch only lynch remains.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (isolation #37) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1681, Moment wrote:I seriously considered refusing to ship wheat and may have done so if the day went on for longer.
Why?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (isolation #38) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1756, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Then it’s settled. Me/NK15/S_S it is.
Nearly a good idea, but I prefer Norwegian/me/Alisae
Alisae hides behind their "I hate to play with revealed IC" despite us having a real choice between the three potential lynches today; I think we could hit scum there.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1758 (isolation #39) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:32 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1682, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 1681, Moment wrote:I seriously considered refusing to ship wheat and may have done so if the day went on for longer.
Why?
Answer this.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1766 (isolation #40) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1765, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1764, maxwell wrote:
In post 1761, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1753, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Because i want there to at least be a chance to get another guilty. I’m town and i don’t scumread NK15. Sure it would confirm our innocence, but for me myself it wouldn’t help at all. I’d like to have S_S in there.
This is scum. You're setting it up so that when tea gets found on your ship, we misclown S_S instead of executing you.
I don't know how to tell you this but scum left in the pool is going to get caught anyway.
Yes, but it's time wasted, and more time for them to figure out the TD. In a setup where scum can win after getting caught and executed, getting caught anyway isn't really much of a deterrent, but delaying that a day or two is very valuable.
If there is scum in the pool of three we are going to have today(and it doesnt have scum from group 1 in it), then both scum can be eliminated by investigations and executions before deadline, without further scumreading being necessary.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (isolation #41) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:46 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Ship:Wheat

It is time for Something Smart to come over and join Wheat(Or get lynched)
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (isolation #42) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1847, Something_Smart wrote:I'm waiting until it's been decided if there will be a third person and if so, who they will be.

I guess maybe you volunteering would mean that you have to be? I mean ngl I thought Icon was softing you as daughter but like if you're the daughter this is now beyond salvageable.
I think Iconeum wanted to make me a fake daughter but that`s just not happening. I looked at the situation and there is just no way that scum will fall for that attempted trick, whilst it continues to divert the attention of the town because there are enough people wanting me to be included, wasting their energy and time on that.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1855 (isolation #43) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1854, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1853, Radical Rat wrote:Don't need Icon's blessing.
...But I want it?
scum. Doesnt want to get a second guiltea and tries to escape it.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (isolation #44) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:57 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

/ship linen
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1905 (isolation #45) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:01 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Hel needs to get off wheat now, and SS needs to get on wheat.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1910 (isolation #46) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:53 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1909, Something_Smart wrote:And, there's no reason to open up the possibility for error if we don't have to?
There`s no difference between you moving earlier and Hel moving earlier. Move, NOW, or you claim scum.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1914 (isolation #47) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:04 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1913, Iconeum wrote:there's literally no reason for you not to move over
except being scum of course
VOTE: Something Smart

Someone from (notscience, datisi, moment) goes to wheat. We lynch SomethingSmart and inspect wheat.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1915 (isolation #48) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:04 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1914, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 1913, Iconeum wrote:there's literally no reason for you not to move over
except being scum of course
VOTE: Something Smart

Someone from (notscience, datisi, moment) goes to wheat. We lynch SomethingSmart and inspect wheat.
Sorry, that`s copper
Inspect:Copper
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (isolation #49) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:07 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1916, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1911, Something_Smart wrote:Try to wagon me then.

I want to see how that goes, it will be interesting.
This is a scum claim.
There’s literally no reason for town!S_S to just move to Wheat.
I don`t agree with your second sentence - the reverse is true - but I agree with what you actually wanted to say.
please vote to inspect copper now, we put one of datisi/notscience/moment on copper, just in case SomethingSmart is a townie with a sudden case of insanity.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (isolation #50) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:16 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1920, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Like a slippery snake S_S is subtly trying to avoid that investigation. If town get’s another guiltea in a 3 person pool tommorow it will be impossible for mafia to win.
I wish that were true, but it would make it impossible for Mafia to win without guessing the TD.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (isolation #51) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:18 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 1922, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Investigate NS in copper is my suggestion. If he is not guilty we look at one of Datisi/NK15.
That`s Datisi/Moment for you, but it`s, at this point, not important. When SomethingSmart flips scum we have enough time left to find the second scum.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1933 (isolation #52) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:27 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Execution:Not Voting

Now we wait for Hel to get off Wheat.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1961 (isolation #53) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Ok, we have an execution and three inspections max.
Now that Alisae has spewed themselves TD for an unknown reason we can include them in our investigation, or execute them.
Two other obvious choices for inspection/execution are moment("this is a bad selection please reconsider") and Datisi(lurks) who are already spewed Not TD by being target of a positive tea investigation.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2056 (isolation #54) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:28 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Stop voting Alisae until we have the investigation ready.
We should re-invest Moment and Datisi, investigate me, and lynch Alisae.
The pool of Not TD has been shrinking dangerously low. If this doesnt hit scum we need to investigate another and lynch another on the command of Iconeum and then try a final lynch on Day 5, if that hits the pool is already so low that TD dying is likely. There is no good reason to not reinvestigate Moment and Datisi. (Except if you are scum with Datisi/Moment)
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2062 (isolation #55) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:21 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 2057, NorwegianboyEE wrote:But we’ve talked about whether there were more scum than Not Science and most people think it’s not. Why investigate if it’s pointless?
It`s not pointless:
In post 1202, Moment wrote:This is a bad pool that I don't understand. Iconeum, I suggest you reconsider.
In post 1437, Moment wrote:Quelle surprise, tea was found.

There are a great number of reasons why I am upset at Iconeum, but perhaps the one most worth mentioning is that he had the option to shorten the night to 24 hours and chose not to.

VOTE: Notscience
Then tell me how THIS progression looks natural. It`s absolutely not. This is not a towny progression at all. First they say that it`s a bad pool and then they are absolutely not surprised at tea being found. That doesn`t add up if these reads were natural instead of constructed.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2122 (isolation #56) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:30 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 2112, Titus wrote:
In post 2102, Iconeum wrote:well like has been stated in game

i'm not the best when it comes to mechanics so i don't know if it's better to investigate in a new pool, or relook into moment + datisi while we focus on dayplay

leaning to reinspecting moment + datisi
I am a mechanics expert. Redoing Datisi and moment is gamethrowing.

We need to lynch another scum. Therefore, we need to investigate likely scum candidates. Another three confirms and scum have no place to hide. Another guilty and we can flat out stop investigating altogether. It literally wins the game. Plus, we can do it in people who are outed not!TD.

Meanwhile, investigating Datisi and Moment gets us no closer to solving the puzzle. We get two conftowns who no one actually suspects.
BS.
Titus
Alisae
<-lynch
username
Moment
<-investigation
GuiltyLion
Something_Smart

Datisi
<-investigation
Not Known 15
<-investigation
maxwell
Menalque
Hel
Iconeum

Radical Rat

Umlaut
NorwegianboyEE

Notice something?
Not many people left, no?
Only seven people.
If this investigation fails and I am wrong we still have three chances to find scum. One of two scum out of seven people remaining.
If we investigate two outside, and me, the number falls to
five
If we then execute one and investigate one if the above failed the number falls to THREE, an inacceptable amount. The next execution would reduce it to TWO.
And if there`s one scum in Datisi/Moment, and I do not get why you are all townreading them, it might very well fall to two.
If Alisae is scum we are giving scum
more
conf Not TD for free.
2 scum out of 7 people with three attempts is still a very good rate, one that does not advance the other scum wincon as much.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2133 (isolation #57) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:40 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 2128, Titus wrote:NK, stop trying to deflect from being scum here. We should investigate in the not!TD that are already outed.
Guess what - I am outed Not TD, yes. As are Datisi and Moment.
The others are not outed as Not TD. They might have behaved in a manner that makes you think they are Not TD, but that isn`t actually confirmed. Worse, if Iconeum and the TD did a good job hiding the TD we might accidentally investigate the TD. That is incredibly anti-town.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2387 (isolation #58) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:51 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 2386, Iconeum wrote:i'm nowhere near that good
You might not be good enough to pull off that consistently. That doesn`t mean it can`t happen at all. We have:
In post 2381, GuiltyLion wrote:reviewing Moment's ISO and I really don't think obvtown can be used to describe it... like they consistently townread notscience throughout, try to de-escalate notscience vs username as TvT, then do the same thing I was pushing on Hel for where they come out the gate voting/scumreading notscience on D2 despite having him as consistently town on D1, I feel it would have been more likely for town!Moment to suspect Datisi more there.
and their refusal to be investigated.
If they still refuse when they post next, then it's just scum. Simple.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2404 (isolation #59) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

VOTE: Moment

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”