ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1758 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by ting =) »

Hallo.

Reading through thread now. I'm at page 20ish. There's a lot of pages, so I'm not going to burden everyone with my thoughts as I go through.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1866 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:38 am

Post by ting =) »

I'm at about page 50 on my read through. Tempted to vote farside, but I want to read the rest before voting.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2012 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by ting =) »

Almost done with my read.

Cream, what do you think about ashmite's claim?
ashmite wrote:I am a Toad (Mushroom Kingdom). I am loyal to Princess Peach, and try to keep her from getting kidnapped.
Give one coin to populartajo
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2023 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:41 am

Post by ting =) »

vote:farside.

farside wrote:I don't buy ashmites claim. How is a toad the protector of the princess?
ashmite wrote:No, I mean: IIRC Farside as good as claimed Toad, if so, she should recognize things from my claim, as should any toad.
farside wrote:My character Toad doesn't protect the princess so that makes no sense. I'm saying in the video games I've played (which isn't many) the toads were not the protectors. Usually she is just in the castle and gets kidnapped.
We have 3 claimed toads(as far as I've read, and the last couple of pages - is this correct?). Two of them with conflicting claims, making it ash&cream vs farside.

I see two possibilities.

1)Mod gave different toads different role PMs.
2)Farside is pretending to be toad - when farside first 'claimed', all farside did was agree with cream; without giving any other reasons besides
general gist wrote:I think a few people reconize the same thing I did with Cream's claim and since I don't want scum to know what it is I'm just going to say part of Cream's claim is what I expect some vanilla people recongize.
This implies that Farside knows the same things as Cream, which begs the question of why farside doesn't buy ashmite's claim since Cream does.

So, I'm thinking either scum have vanilla safe claims(doesn't fit since farside doesn't agree with cream&ashmite), or farside agreed with cream then in order to look vanilla.

---

Other reasons why I'm voting farside:

1) I started with one coin - too little to do anything on my own. The only way my coin(and I'm assuming others' coins) will be of any use - is by coin pooling - TSPN's plan; which we're actually following now.

I'm bothered by how hard farside fought it. Pooling is the only way the town could have utilized their coins.

2) How easily farside was willing to give up her mushroom to a player who was kind of a power role. It looked good enough early game, but now that we know that there are
poisoned mushrooms...
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2029 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:20 am

Post by ting =) »

I see two possibilities.

1)Mod gave different toads different role PMs.
2)Farside is pretending to be toad
4 currently claimed toads and yours is the only one different?

No wai. I'm sticking with the second possibility.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2034 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:33 am

Post by ting =) »

ashmite wrote:I am a Toad (Mushroom Kingdom). I am loyal to Princess Peach,
and try to keep her from getting kidnapped.
farside wrote:Mine just says
I'm trying to keep her from getting kidknapped.
Why didn't you buy the claim then?
farside wrote:Is it that you are trying to keep her from getting kidknapped or that you are protecting her?
farside - after ashmite's claim wrote:How is a toad the protector of the princess? Shouldn't that fall under mario or someone like that?
At the time when ashmite claimed, he never mentioned the word 'protect.' So, I'm assuming that you infered, 'protector of the princess' from 'keep her from getting kidnapped.'

Why are you making a distinction between the two now?

----

Nat, why did you claim? Ash, Cream - what did you two think about posts 2025 to 2027?
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2036 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:36 am

Post by ting =) »

For the sake of clarifying, all posts dealing with your reaction to ashmite's claim:
farside wrote:I don't buy ashmites claim. How is a toad the protector of the princess? Shouldn't that fall under mario or someone like that?
farside wrote:My character Toad doesn't protect the princess so that makes no sense. I'm saying in the video games I've played (which isn't many) the toads were not the protectors. Usually she is just in the castle and gets kidnapped.
The first is what I have an issue with. The second one only mildly so.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2037 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:37 am

Post by ting =) »

Lied?

Why say lie, and not... slip? Or forgot? Or made a mistake?
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2043 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:51 am

Post by ting =) »

@farside.
Natirasha
claims
he made a mistake on both reading and wording. You've essentially changed your role PM twice by disagreeing with ashmite, and then agreeing.

That said..
unvote. vote:natirasha

The use of 'lie' is bugging me. It's not splitting hairs over word choice. There's a pretty clear difference between 'I made a mistake on reading' and 'lie.' I think you slipped.

Still have an eye on farside.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2047 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:13 am

Post by ting =) »

farside wrote:Like I said with Ash claim I didn't read my PM I had protected in my head when I read the claim. You want to split hairs with Nat and not be that's just not cool. I mean look at the dialog on this page.
I asked him does it say you protect Peach or that you prevent her from being kidknapped. He stated both which is wrong. If he didn't know he could have looked at that point to verify. Then he stated he lied, now he looks at his PM.
Yes, but you're
both
basically going, 'Oh, I didn't read my PM - sorry' If I'm going to pick one of you two to vote, I need to go by something else besides irregularities in your claims.

Besides the mistakes and back tracking you've both done with the toad claim, Nat also has the whole 'used lie instead of misread' thing, which is why he has my vote - I don't see how I'm splitting hairs with him.

@Iam.
Maybe... Things like that have seriously bugged me ever since this one game I was in though. =/

It's 3am now. I'll rethink my position after I sleep.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2075 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by ting =) »

Mod edit
Visible Votecount:
Korts (5): Alabaska J, Gremwell, somestrangeflea, Riceballtail, Natirasha
Natirasha (3): ting =), farside22, forbiddanlight
FaerieLord (1): Korts
ashmite84 (1): TheSweatpantsNinja
farside22 (1): iamausername
iamausername (1): populartajo

Not voting (9): skitzer, Surye, killa seven, DarlaBlueEyes, FaerieLord, Lord Gurgi, Cream147, goborage, ashmite84

With 21 alive it takes 11 real votes to lynch.

Fos : Ting
Jumping against a confirmed player?
You must have just skimmed through the last two pages.

Recap:

Farside and nat both had contradicting information about the toad role. They both later backtracked on things they said and went, 'I didnt' read my PM and made a mistake, sorry.' This is a game involving deception, it's pretty obvious I won't take that at face value. I find Nat more suspicious.

--

Farside's was
ting wrote:ashmite wrote:
I am a Toad (Mushroom Kingdom). I am loyal to Princess Peach,
and try to keep her from getting kidnapped.

farside wrote:
I don't buy ashmites claim.
How is a toad
the protector
of the princess? Shouldn't that fall under mario or someone like that?

farside wrote:
Mine just says I'm trying to keep her from getting kidknapped.

ting wrote:
Why didn't you buy the claim then?
Farside's defense just goes:
farside wrote:I don't know what I was thinking then. I got protected in my head which is different then keeping the princess from being kidnapped. I probably should have read my PM when Ash claimed, but I just didnt' think about it.
--

Nat's was:
nat wrote:Actually, I'm a toad too and my PM does state that I am here to protect Peach, also.
farside wrote:Is it that you are trying to keep her from getting kidknapped or that you are protecting her?
nat wrote:
Both.
farside wrote:Mine just says I'm trying to keep her from getting kidknapped.
nat wrote:Wait...no,
I lied. I only have kidnapped.
Sorry...
nat wrote:I have a mushroom, and my PM had a little aside
about how I can protect myself with the mushroom.
--
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2076 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by ting =) »

cream wrote:
Farside is confirmed town.
End of discussion. You'll notice around the time of my claim there was a lot of underlying understanding from certain people about just what Farside was talking about.
Accuse Farside, and you accuse me, Ash, and certain others as well.
I'm willing to believe you on the bold because you were the first to claim. The italicized I disagree with though. Both farside and nat have contradicted things that you ash have said. I'm accusing them for the contradictions - not their role; it's just them.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2152 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:28 pm

Post by ting =) »

hallo.

haven't read the last couple of pages, sorry, just flew back in to college.

limited access till i get the connection set up in my place.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:51 am

Post by ting =) »

vote:nat.
Why are people calling nat confirmed town again? I haven't seen anyone bring up any reason yet. Nat claimed things as toad that were different from what cream and farside have claimed.

@rbt.
You ate me.. what does that mean again?

@tajo.
What link?
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2283 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:30 am

Post by ting =) »

tajo wrote:And ting doesnt stop being scummy. FoS: ting
Seriously, why? You haven't given any reasons at all.

And again, why is Nat confirmed town? You haven't given any reasons either.
ting =) wrote:
nat wrote:Actually, I'm a toad too and my PM does state that I am here to protect Peach, also.
nat wrote:
Both.
farside wrote:Mine just says I'm trying to keep her from getting kidknapped.
nat wrote:Wait...no,
I lied. I only have kidnapped.
Sorry...
nat wrote:I have a mushroom, and my PM had a little aside
about how I can protect myself with the mushroom.
--
Cream will later say that his info matches farside's, not Nat's. Nat has just said stuff that goes against what two toads have said, and more recently:
mod wrote:Transaction succesful.
Natirasha loses 2 coins
and populartajo gains 1 coin. Second transaction failed.
tajo wrote:Where did your recent mushroom go? Why do you (a Toad) get a coin and why me (a Toad) dont get one?
You keep telling me to lay off Nat, but after I've asked at least 3 times already, you haven't given me any reason.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2284 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:32 am

Post by ting =) »

@rbt.
Are you going to give a reason at all?

I have a vote, but we obviously can't confirm it until the day ends. If you want, I can vote one person of your choice. Everyone else stays away from that person. At the end of day, you can look at the real vote count and see how many votes I have.

Or, you could go and actually give me reasons for why you're voting me.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2321 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:45 am

Post by ting =) »

@tajo.
You're ignoring me. If you're going to FOS me and tell people to FOS me, tell me why. And you're still not telling me why Nat is confirmed town on your list.

@nat.
Way to strawman.

You claimed something contrary to all the other claimed toads. And then, you backtracked when you were called on it. I'm not believing your, 'Oops, I made a mistake.' That's the main bone I'm picking. I'll pull out my vote once you explain that.

@fl.
Um, no. That's not how his role works. He's not 'sure' of me at all, he doesn't have a cop role. He has no case, he's said as much. He just explained how his case worked though, so I'm not going to repeat him.

You just blatantly hopped for no reason.

Also, no to plan on me hammering RBT. It's not a scenario where one of us is bound to be scum. We could both be town, and in that scenario - I still have my vote and I'd hammer a role that's essentially a delayed cop. I'm not going to do that.

Also, yes, I have my vote. We can test this. Pick a person with no votes for me to put my vote on at the end of the day. You can look at the end of day count to see if there's a vote on him.

If there is, I'm town. If there isn't, I'm scum.

Also, no, me hammering someone isn't going to confirm me. If there are people on the wagon with no votes, then the real count is still less than hammer. If you want to test whether I have a vote, I have to be the sole vote.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2354 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:50 am

Post by ting =) »

tajo wrote:And I believe Natirasha is Toad for his reactions to the PM and probably not Bowser for the way Iam jumped agaisnt him.
Again, what about his reaction makes you think he's town?

His reaction to the PM is to say things that other toads disagree with. What about that makes him confirmed toad?

---
nat wrote:I had 1 coins at the start of today. I gave you two coins yesterday, so I was assuming that I got 2 coins each day.
You're a toad who gets coins daily?

Other toads: do you guys get coins daily too?

I honestly don't see how people can defend Nat. He's claimed toad while also claiming things that the other claimed toads are showing puzzlement at.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2396 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:58 pm

Post by ting =) »

I have one vote.

give one coin to tajo.
I have no coins.

Nat is the uber obvious lynch. He's claimed toad, and all the other toads have claimed that Nat's role does not match theirs. That already shows that Nat's been lying about his role, dwarfs the case on Ala any day.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2397 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by ting =) »

To clarify before people add spin: I just like a Nat lynch more than an Ala lynch, like Surye likes an Ala lynch over a Nat lynch. I'm not defending Ala.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2411 (isolation #20) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:14 am

Post by ting =) »

@everyone.
Do you guys want me to move my vote to someone voteless? I'd obviously prefer to leave it on Nat, but I'm willing to move it if you want to check me using rbt's ability.

Why is everyone not on him anyway?

@tajo.
I like a Nat lynch over him because Nat's case is more conclusive. He's been flat out caught in a lie already. Besides the two things I've been bringing up about Nat mentioning both protect-kidnap and how to protect with mushroom, there's also the question of why did Nat bother claiming at that time anyway? It served no purpose other than to make him look like a toad. It might have even worked, except he ended up tangling himself with contradictions and backtracking.

That said, I think Ala could well be scum. I have 3 people on my scum list. He's third.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2497 (isolation #21) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:40 pm

Post by ting =) »

tajo wrote:And Ting move your vote to No-Lynch please. Also, can you top your suspects?
If you want to confirm me using rbt's ability, I think I need to move it to someone, not a no lynch. If cream doesn't mind,
unvote.vote:cream.
You shouldn't be getting any votes from anyone else, so I'll be the only vote on you.

My suspects are Nat, goborage/mnowax, Ala, in that order. I'm not going to make cases on the other two until Nat is gone. I don't like making cases on multiple people, you can read my newer games if you want.

--
tajo wrote:We fireflower non confirmed players, specially suspected ones, aka Mnowax,
Ting
, Ala, Natirasha and lately Surye.
You still haven't given
one
reason AT ALL, why you find me suspicious. It's really bugs me when someone repeats something over and over and just expects it to be true. Tell me why you find me suspicous. Give me a reason, stop evading the question.

Also, pretty funky how you suddenly suspect Nat after calling him
confirmed
town for so long.

--
Surye what about if you claim and we stop this argument right now...
Now that I remember I think Ting should also claim.
Thoughts?
No... We're trying to hide peach too, not just catch scum. If they catch peach and we don't get bowser, we still lose. The 'unbreakable' plan you're proposing assumes peach is untouched. There's already enough people who've already shown themselves to be not peach, the range is too narrow already. You're confirmed, but stop saying stuff that jeopardizes the town.

SSF has said as much.
--
Or we could test his claim today and I star other suspected guy tonight. This is simple.
1. Cream buys a fireflower tonight targeting Natirasha.
2. Alabaska makes a pill tonight and protects Natirasha.
3. a) If Nat is killed tomorrow then Ala is lying. He's scum.
3. b) If Nat isnt killed tomorrow then Ala is the doctor. We have another confirmed townie and we can catch many scum in his wagon.
Ala could be scum-doc. +other stuff everyone said. This isn't foolproof.

--
fl wrote:Nat is a bad choice because of the fact he might be Peach.
Don't wifom yourself. You know you are. You have no reason to think he's peach.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2549 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by ting =) »

tajo wrote:@ting: Notice that Im not pushing your lynch anymore. Notice that Ive realized that Nat could be a viable lynch since he isnt totally confirmed. Thats what a reread do. Ill do what the majority says. Im just giving ideas and I could be wrong.
But you are calling me suspicious, and also calling for me to claim. I'm sorry if I sound more heated than I meant to be, but both bug me since I haven't been given any reason for either.

--
fl wrote:Actually. Peach (as well as scum) would have to all but claim toad unless they have good fakeclaims. But Nat has been getting an interestingly high amount of coins and such, so, I'm kinda wondering what's going on here. Also, I'm WIFOMing more than myself. Should be interesting to see the results.
That's one of my points - there was no need for Nat to have claimed
at all.
It came completely unprompted, and was just a 'yeah, me too!' following farside. And if you knew you were going to end up wifom-ing everyone, why bring it up to begin with? What results are you expecting? Do you think there's anything to gain?

Also,
flowervote:Nat, Mnowax.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2720 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by ting =) »

'grats town. you guys had everything pegged by the time I rolled in. /agree tajo rocked. kudos.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”