Prods Indicated with *
Bold = Confirmed

Players

Titus
mastina
cyrus62, replacing
KorVex

jjh927
Mia and Maya Fey (NancyDrew/DKKoba Hydra)
Not_Mafia
DrippingGoofball
northsidegal
Free Money Free Tea
House
NorwegianboyEE
Moongrass
Gamma Emerald
nomnomnom
Not Known 15

Spoiler: The Stumped
northsidegal,
TREESTUMP
, is aligned with the town. She may not be targeted by any actions and has no vote.
NorwegianboyEE,
TREESTUMP
, is aligned with the town. He may not be targeted by any actions and has no vote.

Spoiler: The Living
Titus
mastina
Mia and Maya Fey
House
Moongrass
Gamma Emerald

Spoiler: The Dead
Not Known 15, Mafia Informed Commuter Enabler, was turned into a Euphemism Day 1.
nomnomnom, Vanilla Townie, wouldn't answer his door after Night 1.
Free Money Free Tea, Vanilla Townie, was turned into a Euphemism Day 2.
cyrus62, Vanilla Townie, was turned into a Euphemism Day 3.
DrippingGoofball, Innocent Child Commuter, wouldn't answer its door after Night 3.
jjh927, Vanilla Townie, wouldn't answer his door after Night 3.
Not_Mafia, Weak Hider, wouldn't answer his door after Night 3.

Spoiler: We Dare Not Speak Their Names (The Modkilled)
None. Ever. Or else.

Spoiler: Important Links

Current Vote Count (As of 3414)
Titus (0):

Moongrass (0):

House (0):

Mia and Maya Fey (0):

mastina (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (6):
, , , , , ,

With 6 alive, it takes
to euphemize and
to have no euphemization.

The deadline for Day 4 is in (expired on 2021-07-01 01:00:00). At Deadline, currently No Euphemization will occur.

Important Notes

Spoiler: ModCode for TRYHARD Mode

Code: Select all

[area][align=center][size=200][font=serif][color=#400000]—[/color][url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=10612396#p10612396][color=#400000]S[smallcaps]kip[/smallcaps] [smallcaps]to[/smallcaps] N[smallcaps]ext[/smallcaps] V[smallcaps]ote[/smallcaps] C[smallcaps]ount[/smallcaps][/color][/url][color=#400000]—[/color][/font][/size][/align][/area]
[line]20[/line]
Last edited by Jingle on Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:02 pm, edited 45 times in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:21 pm

Post by Jingle »

Sample Role PMs

Spoiler: Sample Town
Welcome to Townstumps Mafia. You are a member of the TOWN!

Spoiler: Sample Mafia
Welcome to Townstumps Mafia. You are a member of the MAFIA!

The Rules: Always in Effect1. Don't be a dick.
2. This is a game for fun. Act like it.
3. Pretending to break a rule IS breaking a rule.
4. Don't PROVABLY quote priveleged information.
5. Try not to allow outside influences to affect the game.
6. Follow Site Rules.
7. If you think it should be against the rules, assume it is.
8. I will change these at any time for the integrity of the game or if I think it will increase the enjoyment of the players.

The Rules: This Game1. Deadlines are set at 10 days for Day Phases and 48 hours for night phases. Extensions will be purely at my discretion. If you believe the game merits an extension, please let me know via PM, not in the game thread.

2. Activity is required. Please post once every 48 hours. If you cannot do so for whatever reason please declare V/LA. An excessive number of prods, an excessively long V/LA, or a failure to respond to a prod in 24 hours will result in a force replacement.

3. A player may choose to be removed from the running for becoming a Treestump before treestumps are chosen. This action is public and may be taken with a bolded @Jingle or via PM. If only two players remain eligible to become treestumps, they will immediately be chosen as treestumps.

4. If you ask me a question in the game thread, please bold it so that I can see and respond to it as soon as possible.

5. All players are multitasking by default.

6. During the Pregame phase, players vote for a town Treestump. Once the first Treestump has been selected, players continue voting for a second town treestump. Deadlines for Treestump selection are 72 hours per stump.

7. Once both treestumps have been selected, they have 24 hours to submit their PR design. They may presubmit their choice on the condition that they then become a Treestump. Their choice must be a Normal mafia role that is eligible for a single town player to hold. If mason is chosen, I will balance the setup accordingly to have the role be valid for a Normal game. If the role is inherently broken, I may veto the selection.

8. Once the setup is finalized, the remaining 13 players will have their roles and alignments distributed.

9. A Treestump may retire from the game by posting in bold "I believe in you town. You've got this." If they do so, they may no longer post in the thread, but the other Treestump will be given a 1 shot ability. The Treestumps will be notified what this ability is when the setup is finalized. A replacement or force replacement of a tree stump will also result in this action being taken.

10. Flavor in this game will be arbitrary, non alignment indicative, and will come as I am able to provide it. I will not guarantee consistency of flavor, but you can expect it to consist mainly of terrible jokes and puns.

11. The Mafia are allowed to select their own role from the three mafia roles included in the setup. They have 48 hours after the beginning of D1 to make this decision, even if the elimination occurs before those 48 hours are up. If they fail to make the decision on time, the Mafia roles will be randomized as normal. This is not a confirmation that the mafia doesn't have duplicate roles, and that is explicitly possible.
Last edited by Jingle on Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:28 pm

Post by Jingle »

Attention:

During signups, several people who decided not to play this game raised the concern with me that Stump games tend to be toxic. This is a thing that we here at Jingle Inc. would like to avoid if at all possible. To that end, I would like to encourage everyone to remember that the most important rule in my ruleset, by far, is the first one.

Don't be a dick. We're here to play a game and have fun. Arguing is fine, but insult the play, not the players. I trust that everyone will behave and we'll have an awesome experience together, but will be monitoring the thread and am unafraid to step in if I feel like there is too much toxicity. Feel free to message me if you need to vent, I promise I won't judge you for it. If you tell me that you take your coffee with cream and sugar, I will probably judge you for that though. Coffee is supposed to be bitter, hot and invigorating.
Last edited by Jingle on Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:31 pm

Post by Jingle »

It is now the Pregame Phase!

You may begin campaigning for Treestump selection as you please. If anyone would like to exclude themselves from possible Stump Selection, please do so in bold. This decision may not be retracted.

You have (expired on 2021-06-05 09:31:03) to decide the first stump.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 22, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 9, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: TREESTUMP: Not_Mafia
Btw is it actually valid to vote for yourself?
Yes.
Last edited by Jingle on Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #55 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 40, Titus wrote:
Exclude myself as stump. I've been both a town and scum stump before. Let someone else have a turn.
Titus is no longer a valid tree stump selection.
Last edited by Jingle on Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 46, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:disloyal vigilante or loya neighbourizing masons?
Clarification, because I've had multiple people ask:

The criteria for a Stump's submission require that a submission be a single valid role to be put in a Normal game of mafia. As such, disloyal vigilante, loyal neighborizing mason (Although this role would add a player to a separate neighborhood, not the masonry they were part of), and full bulletproof are all equally valid submissions.

A role that is normal like but belongs to two players (a masonry with a shared vig shot, for example) is not a single normal role and is thus not an eligible submission.

You could also choose to submit something monstrous, like, for example loyal combined rolestopper-hider-cop-neighborizer, in which case I would probably use my right of refusal per the rules and veto the selection, resulting in a VT.

The 1 Shot ability activated by the sacrifice of a Treestump and any Mafia roles added to the game for balance are NOT required to be normal roles, but will not be bastard. That means, among other things, there will be no Janitors, cultists, Sauluses, Framers, Tailors, Lawyers, etc. Godfather is specifically possible, but unlikely, due to my dislike of that role. I will not be using any serious mafia mutations mechanics wise, so there will be no roles like Mafia Hero, Arsonist or Mafia Kingmaker.

Basically, the stronger the town roles you choose, the more design space you give me to work with for the scum team.

A full list of Normal Roles and Modifiers you may use can be found on the wiki.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #59 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Jingle »

These Boots Were Made For Stumping

Vote Count Stump.1.00
Not_Mafia (2):
, ,
northsidegal (1):
Free Money Free Tea (1):
DrippingGoofBall (1):

Ineligible For Stumping (1):

Not Voting (10):
Everyone Else

With 15 alive, it takes
to stump.

The deadline for Tree 1 is in (expired on 2021-06-05 09:31:03). At Deadline, currently Not_Mafia will be Stumped.
Last edited by Jingle on Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #65 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Jingle »

Announcement: I have altered the rules. Pray I do not alter them further. The following rule has been added to the Game Specific Rules section of the ruleset. It is largely irrelevant, but I am obliged to inform you of this alteration due to an implicit social contract that my behavior as a mod not impact your Game Experience.

In post 1, Jingle wrote:
10. Flavor in this game will be arbitrary, non alignment indicative, and will come as I am able to provide it. I will not guarantee consistency of flavor, but you can expect it to consist mainly of terrible jokes and puns.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #153 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 123, KorVex wrote:ok, wiki actually gives conflicting information.
@mod will a strongman targeting a hider who is hiding kill them, or does the kill fail?
It is my understanding that in a Normal Game a Strongman would successfully kill a hider through their action, as Strongman only fails against the specific commute action, but as I am not a member of the NRG I cannot guarantee that would be the case.

Regardless, a scum strongman in this game would not necessarily be bound to Normal guidelines and would function in such a way to balance the game properly. Therefore I could easily include a Strongman that would be unable to kill a hider in the setup if a Strongman capable of killing through a hider was deemed too strong for the scumteam.

Whether that is how I would choose to balance the setup is not something I am capable of answering.
Last edited by Jingle on Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #155 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:40 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 150, northsidegal wrote:
@jingle
, will the setup itself be normal, or is it just the role submitted by the stumps which has to be normal?
In post 58, Jingle wrote:
In post 46, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:disloyal vigilante or loya neighbourizing masons?
Clarification, because I've had multiple people ask:

The criteria for a Stump's submission require that a submission be a single valid role to be put in a Normal game of mafia. As such, disloyal vigilante, loyal neighborizing mason (Although this role would add a player to a separate neighborhood, not the masonry they were part of), and full bulletproof are all equally valid submissions.

A role that is normal like but belongs to two players (a masonry with a shared vig shot, for example) is not a single normal role and is thus not an eligible submission.

You could also choose to submit something monstrous, like, for example loyal combined rolestopper-hider-cop-neighborizer, in which case I would probably use my right of refusal per the rules and veto the selection, resulting in a VT.

The 1 Shot ability activated by the sacrifice of a Treestump and any Mafia roles added to the game for balance are NOT required to be normal roles, but will not be bastard. That means, among other things, there will be no Janitors, cultists, Sauluses, Framers, Tailors, Lawyers, etc. Godfather is specifically possible, but unlikely, due to my dislike of that role. I will not be using any serious mafia mutations mechanics wise, so there will be no roles like Mafia Hero, Arsonist or Mafia Kingmaker.

Basically, the stronger the town roles you choose, the more design space you give me to work with for the scum team.

A full list of Normal Roles and Modifiers you may use can be found on the wiki.
This is an accurate depiction of the design philosophy of this game. I will not intentionally be trying to circumvent any plans the playerlist tries to put into place with their roles, but will 100% be making a balanced game to the best of my (and my reviewers) abilities. I would not, for example, put a lightning rod into a setup with a doc and weak hider as an answer to the doc and weak hider, as that's just a dick move. I, as mod, am not above the rules of the thread. The best description for the setup would be normal adjacent in that I obviously don't have the NRG providing normalcy oversight, but intend to stick to mostly normal roles as best as I am able.

Things that may fall outside of "Normal" and be included in the setup would be reasonable mafia roles, like a Youtube video vendor instead of a fruit vendor or a neighborizor who can target two people who aren't themselves and give them a PT. (I doubt either of those would actually feature in a mostly vanilla setup like this).

As an aside, VT is a completely valid submission and I have no doubts in my ability to balance a 10v3 setup with 10 VTs. I've actually done similar things before.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #158 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by Jingle »

At risk of boring you all, a mafia mutation that I might choose to add as a balancing factor is the ability for mafia to choose which one of their team gets each role during the first 48 hours of the day. If I use this mechanic, it will be publicly stated, as otherwise it is nondisclosed nonrandom role assignment (which is bastard, technically). Example mafia mutations I will not be using are Vote For Town or "The Dead thread has a nightkill", as those are a drastic departure from the standard game of mafia, which is not the goal for this game.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #159 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count Stump.1.01
Not_Mafia (4):
, , , ,
northsidegal (2):
, ,
Free Money Free Tea (1):
DrippingGoofBall (1):
Not Known 15 (1):
House (1):

Not Voting (5):
Everyone Else

With 15 alive, it takes
to stump.

The deadline for Tree 1 is in (expired on 2021-06-05 09:31:03). At Deadline, currently Not_Mafia will be Stumped.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #175 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:15 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count Stump.1.02
northsidegal (5):
, , , , ,
Not_Mafia (3):
, , ,
Free Money Free Tea (1):
DrippingGoofBall (1):
Not Known 15 (1):
House (1):

Not Voting (3):
Everyone Else

With 15 alive, it takes
to stump.

The deadline for Tree 1 is in (expired on 2021-06-05 09:31:03). At Deadline, currently northsidegal will be Stumped.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #216 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count Stump.1.03
northsidegal (6):
, , , , , ,
Not_Mafia (2):
, ,
DrippingGoofBall (2):
, ,
Mia and Maya Fey (2):
, ,
Free Money Free Tea (1):
House (1):

Not Voting (1):
Everyone Else

With 15 alive, it takes
to stump.

The deadline for Tree 1 is in (expired on 2021-06-05 09:31:03). At Deadline, currently northsidegal will be Stumped.
Last edited by Jingle on Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #218 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:09 pm

Post by Jingle »

So you did. Fixed.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #224 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:05 am

Post by Jingle »

The denizens of
Arbitrarily Named Mafia Village Town
were out for a pleasant stroll one day in the woods. Their town, despite the long and frankly strange name, did not have any reputation for strange goings on or organized crime of any fashion. In fact, it was that kind of sleepy little town where you could wake up and head to the diner to be greeted by many of your neighbors. The idyllic town that feels like it may never have existed in the busy day and age we find ourselves in, where community and friendship were far more valuable than money or greed and everybody knew everyone else. Come to think of it, it might have been a sitcom.

Anyway, when the sound of a chainsaw started everyone in the woods came running, but it was already too late. Northsidegal, sweet and kind as always, had been reduced to a treestump. Never again would she be able to come to the townhall to vote on the truly important matters of the town, like whether vanilla or chocolate ice cream is better or how tall the carved wooden arch welcoming visitors should be. Still, she seemed happy enough and her friends promised to come and talk to her as often as they could, bringing news of what happened in the town itself to the woods for her. No one noticed one particular friend lingering just a bit longer, and certainly no one paid any attention if someone came back to town with an extra pack.

Northsidegal is the First Stump.

nsg, you may submit your role whenever you wish. Note: saying you would like to submit a role in this thread does not count as a role submission, it must be done via PM or notes PT.

Voting for the Second Stump begins now.
Last edited by Jingle on Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #225 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count Stump.2.00
DrippingGoofBall (2):
, ,
Mia and Maya Fey (2):
, ,
Not_Mafia (1):
Free Money Free Tea (1):

Ineligible For Stumping (2):
, ,

Not Voting (9):
, , , , , , , , ,

With 15 alive, it takes
to stump.

The deadline for Tree 2 is in (expired on 2021-06-07 17:10:57). At Deadline, currently DrippingGoofball will be Stumped.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #245 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count Stump.2.01
DrippingGoofBall (4):
, , , ,
Mia and Maya Fey (2):
, ,
Not_Mafia (2):
, ,
Free Money Free Tea (1):
NorwegianboyEE (1):
Not Known 15 (1):
Moongrass (1):

, ,

Not Voting (3):
, , ,

With 15 alive, it takes
to stump.

The deadline for Tree 2 is in (expired on 2021-06-07 17:10:57). At Deadline, currently DrippingGoofball will be Stumped.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #357 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count Stump.2.02
Not_Mafia (4):
, , , ,
Mia and Maya Fey (4):
, , , ,
DrippingGoofBall (2):
, ,
NorwegianboyEE (2):
, ,
Free Money Free Tea (1):
Not Known 15 (1):

, ,

Not Voting (1):

With 15 alive, it takes
to stump.

The deadline for Tree 2 is in (expired on 2021-06-07 17:10:57). At Deadline, currently Not_Mafia will be Stumped.
Last edited by Jingle on Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #360 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:32 am

Post by Jingle »

No pressure, but if stumps/people who are likely stump candidates tell me their plans on Roles I will be able to predesign some of the setup and likely start the game faster. This will also cut down on the risk of a stump not submitting a role and getting a VT, as the deadline post stumping is very short.

This has been your friendly neighborhood Jingle.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #376 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:46 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count Stump.2.03
NorwegianboyEE (6):
, , , , , ,
Mia and Maya Fey (4):
, , , ,
Not_Mafia (2):
, ,
DrippingGoofBall (2):
, ,
Free Money Free Tea (1):

, ,

Not Voting (0):

With 15 alive, it takes
to stump.

The deadline for Tree 2 is in (expired on 2021-06-07 17:10:57). At Deadline, currently NorwegianboyEE will be Stumped.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #385 (isolation #22) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Jingle »

Replacing KorVex.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #425 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:31 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count Stump.2.04
NorwegianboyEE (8):
, , , , , , , ,
Mia and Maya Fey (4):
, , , ,
Not_Mafia (2):
, ,
DrippingGoofBall (1):

, ,

Not Voting (0):

With 15 alive, it takes
to stump.

The deadline for Tree 2 is in (expired on 2021-06-07 17:10:57). At Deadline, currently NorwegianboyEE will be Stumped.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #426 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Jingle »

The denizens of Arbitrarily Named Mafia Village Town were very distraught over the tragic accident that had befallen northsidegal, but they reasoned that they didn't really know that she wouldn't be happy as a treestump, so they set about the next day as usual. Everyone tried to pretend they were in good spirits for her benefit, but there was noticeably less whistling of jaunty tunes when they visited the woods the next day. NSG, concerned for the happiness of her friends and neighbors reassured everyone that the bunnies and deer made excellent company and she appreciated the chance to get out of the village and see nature, but no one could quite bring themselves to fully believe her. She was probably just being nice and making other people happy.

It wasn't until much later in the day that anyone noticed yet another member of the village had gone missing. Frantic, the remainder of the town searched high and low for NorwegianboyEE, but he could not be found. It wasn't until one searcher, dejected from a lack of success, decided to visit the nearby beaver dam that his fate was discovered. NorwegianboyEE had been set upon by the beavers in the dam, and he too had been turned into a Treestump. This was the final straw, the town had suffered enough. Chainsaw accidents were one thing, but only the MAFIA could be so sinister as to attack someone with wild beavers. There was only one answer to this most heinous attack. The village must meet and determine who the guilty MAFIA members were so as to properly punish them by making their names synonymous with silly actions. That's right, they'd Jingle them.
Last edited by Jingle on Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #427 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Jingle »

DrippingGoofball is mod confirmed to be aligned with the
TOWN

The following rule has been added to the Game Specific Rules portion of the setup:

11. The Mafia are allowed to select their own role from the three mafia roles included in the setup. They have 48 hours after the beginning of D1 to make this decision, even if the elimination occurs before those 48 hours are up. If they fail to make the decision on time, the Mafia roles will be randomized as normal. This is not a confirmation that the mafia doesn't have duplicate roles, and that is explicitly possible.

Vote Count 1.00
Titus (0):

mastina (0):

KorVex (0):

jjh927 (0):

Mia and Maya Fey (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

Free Money Free Tea (0):

House (0):

Moongrass (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

nomnomnom (0):

Not Known 15 (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (13):
Everyone

With 13 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2021-06-17 17:00:00). At Deadline, currently No Euphemization will occur.
Last edited by Jingle on Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #428 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Jingle »

The following roles are the basic roles for this game, verbatim, with no redactions

Subject: Townstumps Mod PT
Jingle wrote:
Your Role for Townstumps is:

VANILLA TOWN.

You win when all threats to the Village have been euphemized.

Please make your way to the game thread posthaste for orientation and snacks.

Your Role for Townstumps is:

MAFIA.

You win when your faction controls half the votes in the game, or when nothing can prevent this from occurring.

You have access to a factional Nightkill which one of the three mafia players may use each night to destroy all who oppose them.

The mafia PT is here: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=86815, and the roles for the mafia team are within. You may each select a different role as yours within the first 48 hours of D1. Failure to do so will result in a random distribution of the Mafia roles among your team. Each role may only be selected once.

Please make your way to the game thread posthaste for orientation and snacks.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #442 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 432, jjh927 wrote:We're voting to euphemise people? Like, to make a euphemism of them?
Just be glad I'm using an actual word this time. My last game refloga'd people.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #450 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:33 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.01
Free Money Free Tea (4):
, , , ,
Not Known 15 (1):
Not_Mafia (1):
Titus (0):

mastina (0):

KorVex (0):

jjh927 (0):

Mia and Maya Fey (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

House (0):

Moongrass (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

nomnomnom (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (9):
Everyone Else

With 13 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2021-06-17 17:00:00). At Deadline, currently No Euphemization will occur.
Last edited by Jingle on Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #482 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by Jingle »

cyrus62 replaces KorVex.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #951 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:39 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 729, Mia and Maya Fey wrote:Jingle a VC please before scum runs us up, thanks.
Generating one now. Sorry, I woke up with a migraine this morning and didn't have the chance to check the thread as I'd intended.
:oops:
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #953 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:50 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.03
Mia and Maya Fey (4):
, , , ,
mastina (2):
Free Money Free Tea (1):
House (1):
Not Known 15 (1):
Moongrass (1):
jjh927 (1):
Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

Titus (0):

cyrus62 (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

nomnomnom (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (2):
DrippingGoofball, Titus

With 13 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

Last edited by Jingle on Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #957 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:57 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 955, House wrote:In other news, it looks like NM is a double voter, lol.
I believe the VC is accurate now, but will be double checking.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1017 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:24 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.04
Mia and Maya Fey (3):
, , ,
jjh927 (2):
, ,
House (2):
, ,
mastina (1):
Free Money Free Tea (1):
Moongrass (1):
cyrus62 (1):
Not Known 15 (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

Titus (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

nomnomnom (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (2):
DrippingGoofball, Titus

With 13 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1238 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:26 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1237, mastina wrote:MOD: As a reminder, this is a thing, especially today.
Noted.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1239 (isolation #35) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:49 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.05
jjh927 (4):
, , , ,
Not Known 15 (3):
, , ,
Free Money Free Tea (2):
, ,
Moongrass (2):
, ,
cyrus62 (1):
mastina (1):
Mia and Maya Fey (0):

nomnomnom (0):

House (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

Titus (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

Last edited by Jingle on Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1248 (isolation #36) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:37 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1240, cyrus62 wrote:
@mod did you make a mistake on the vote count
Assuming this refers to the inaccurate counts of votes, yes and fixed. Otherwise feel free to point out what you think is an error and I will be happy to confirm the validity or fix it. :D
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1298 (isolation #37) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.06
Not Known 15 (5):
, , , , ,
jjh927 (4):
, , , ,
Free Money Free Tea (1):
Moongrass (1):
cyrus62 (1):
mastina (1):
Mia and Maya Fey (0):

nomnomnom (0):

House (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

Titus (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1299 (isolation #38) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Jingle »

Bumpity
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1300 (isolation #39) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.07
Not Known 15 (5):
, , , , ,
jjh927 (4):
, , , ,
Free Money Free Tea (1):
Moongrass (1):
cyrus62 (1):
mastina (1):
Mia and Maya Fey (0):

nomnomnom (0):

House (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

Titus (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1303 (isolation #40) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.08
Not Known 15 (5):
, , , , ,
jjh927 (4):
, , , ,
Free Money Free Tea (1):
Moongrass (1):
cyrus62 (1):
mastina (1):
Mia and Maya Fey (0):

nomnomnom (0):

House (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

Titus (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1460 (isolation #41) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.09
Not Known 15 (5):
, , , , ,
jjh927 (2):
, ,
cyrus62 (2):
, ,
Mia and Maya Fey (1):
House (1):
mastina (0):

Free Money Free Tea (0):

Moongrass (0):

nomnomnom (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

Titus (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (2):
, ,

With 13 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1578 (isolation #42) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.10
Not Known 15 (4):
, , , ,
Moongrass (3):
, , ,
jjh927 (2):
, ,
Mia and Maya Fey (1):
House (1):
cyrus62 (0):

mastina (0):

Free Money Free Tea (0):

nomnomnom (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

Titus (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (2):
, ,

With 13 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1764 (isolation #43) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:07 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.11
Not Known 15 (4):
, , , ,
Moongrass (3):
, , ,
jjh927 (2):
, ,
nomnomnom (2):
, ,
Free Money Free Tea (0):

House (0):

Mia and Maya Fey (0):

cyrus62 (0):

mastina (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

Titus (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (2):
, ,

With 13 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1985 (isolation #44) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:10 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.11
Not Known 15 (4):
, , , ,
Moongrass (2):
, ,
nomnomnom (1):
Free Money Free Tea (1):
Mia and Maya Fey (1):
Titus (1):
jjh927 (0):

House (0):

cyrus62 (0):

mastina (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (3):
, , ,

With 13 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1986 (isolation #45) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:13 pm

Post by Jingle »

As a reminder, we are in fact here to have fun. Please keep toxicity low and be respectful of others' feelings.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2081 (isolation #46) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:23 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.FINAL
Not Known 15 (7):
, , , , , , ,
Moongrass (1):
Free Money Free Tea (1):
Mia and Maya Fey (1):
Titus (1):
nomnomnom (0):

jjh927 (0):

House (0):

cyrus62 (0):

mastina (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (2):
, ,

With 13 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

A Hammer has been achieved!

Not Known 15 has been made into a Euphemism Day 1.

He was:

Spoiler:
Mafia Informed Commuter Enabler

Informed Commuter EnablerYou are aware that [Redacted]. If you die, any commuters will be unable to commute.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2082 (isolation #47) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:42 am

Post by Jingle »

It is now Night One. Actions are are due within the next (expired on 2021-06-14 16:00:00).

If you would like a fast night, please ask via PM. If ALL players request fast night I will process actions as quickly as I am able.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2083 (isolation #48) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Jingle »

nomnomnom would not answer his door after Night 1.

He was
Spoiler:
Vanilla Town
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2084 (isolation #49) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 2.00
Moongrass (0):

Free Money Free Tea (0):

Mia and Maya Fey (0):

Titus (0):

jjh927 (0):

House (0):

cyrus62 (0):

mastina (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (11):
, , , , , , , , , ,

With 11 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

The deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2021-06-24 16:08:16). At Deadline, currently No Euphemization will occur.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2276 (isolation #50) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 2.01
Free Money Free Tea (4):
, , , ,
Titus (1):
House (1):
Moongrass (0):

Mia and Maya Fey (0):

jjh927 (0):

cyrus62 (0):

mastina (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (5):
, , , , ,

With 11 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

The deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2021-06-24 23:48:08). At Deadline, currently No Euphemization will occur.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2389 (isolation #51) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 2.FINAL
Free Money Free Tea (6):
, , , , , ,
Titus (1):
House (1):
Moongrass (0):

Mia and Maya Fey (0):

jjh927 (0):

cyrus62 (0):

mastina (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (3):
, , ,

With 11 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

The deadline for Day 2 is in (expired on 2021-06-24 17:00:00). At Deadline, currently No Euphemization will occur.

Free Money Free Tea has been made into a Euphemism Day 2.

He was:

Spoiler:
Vanilla Town
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2390 (isolation #52) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:14 am

Post by Jingle »

It is now Night 2. Actions are are due within the next (expired on 2021-06-17 15:00:00).

If you would like a fast night, please ask via PM. If ALL players request fast night I will process actions as quickly as I am able.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2391 (isolation #53) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:28 am

Post by Jingle »

The Night is passed;
The Dawn is here;
There is no need
to live in fear.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2392 (isolation #54) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:28 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 3.00
Titus (0):

House (0):

Moongrass (0):

Mia and Maya Fey (0):

jjh927 (0):

cyrus62 (0):

mastina (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (10):
, , , , , , , , , ,

With 10 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

The deadline for Day 3 is in (expired on 2021-06-27 16:00:00). At Deadline, currently No Euphemization will occur.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2521 (isolation #55) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:30 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 3.01
Titus (3):
, , ,
Moongrass (1):
House (0):

Mia and Maya Fey (0):

jjh927 (0):

cyrus62 (0):

mastina (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (6):
, , , , , ,

With 10 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

The deadline for Day 3 is in (expired on 2021-06-27 16:00:00). At Deadline, currently No Euphemization will occur.
Last edited by Jingle on Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2770 (isolation #56) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 3.02
Moongrass (4):
, , , ,
Titus (2):
, ,
jjh927 (0):

cyrus62 (0):

House (0):

Mia and Maya Fey (0):

mastina (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (4):
, , , ,

With 10 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

The previous vote count has been fixed.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2838 (isolation #57) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2782, cyrus62 wrote:I voted for moonlanding not Moongrass lol @jingle
I try to be accommodating of nicknames and autocorrect, so a vote that is similar to a player’s name will be counted as a vote for that player. Please avoid ambiguous votes, as my interpretation is the important one and I am unfortunately not all knowing until the next OS update.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2850 (isolation #58) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2832, House wrote:
In post 2831, cyrus62 wrote:Its not a real bet I said scum bucks but will stop it
I just can't afford to even look like I'm skirting the rules, and taunting me to do something that could conceivably be misconstrued as rules-lawyering just isn't fair okay, IMHO.
I don’t believe that this was an intentional case of baiting someone, but consider this a preemptive warning. If I believe someone is attempting to create a situation where another player is forced to break the rules, I will take action.

WRT the rule in question it is largely intended for things like sig or avatar bets with a tangible outcome, but it is always wise not to skirt the grey area between the letter and the spirit of the law.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3102 (isolation #59) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:50 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 3.03
Titus (4):
, , , ,
Moongrass (3):
, , ,
jjh927 (0):

cyrus62 (0):

House (0):

Mia and Maya Fey (0):

mastina (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (3):
, , ,

With 10 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3410 (isolation #60) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 3.FINAL
cyrus62 (6):
, , , , , ,
Titus (2):
, ,
Moongrass (0):

House (0):

jjh927 (0):

Mia and Maya Fey (0):

mastina (0):

Not_Mafia (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

DrippingGoofball (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (2):
, ,

With 10 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

Cyrus has been eliminated. He was:

Spoiler:
Vanilla Town
Last edited by Jingle on Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3411 (isolation #61) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by Jingle »

It is now Night 3. Actions are are due within the next (expired on 2021-06-21 01:00:00).

I may not be available immediately after deadline. Actions will be locked in at that point, but day start may be delayed. This is very unlikely, so I will not be poking TLich to resolve for me, but it is possible that day start will be delayed by less than 24 hours.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3412 (isolation #62) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by Jingle »

I will be around to resolve Night at or shortly after deadline, as an update.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3413 (isolation #63) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by Jingle »

DrippingGoofball would not answer it's door after Night 3.

It was
Spoiler:
Innocent Child Commuter.

jjh would not answer his door after Night 3.

He was
Spoiler:
Vanilla Town.

Not_Mafia would not answer his door after Night 3.

He was
Spoiler:
Weak Hider.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3414 (isolation #64) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 4.00
Titus (0):

Moongrass (0):

House (0):

Mia and Maya Fey (0):

mastina (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (6):
, , , , , ,

With 6 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

The deadline for Day 4 is in (expired on 2021-07-01 01:00:00). At Deadline, currently No Euphemization will occur.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3705 (isolation #65) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 4.01
Titus (0):

Moongrass (0):

House (0):

Mia and Maya Fey (0):

mastina (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (6):
, , , , , ,

With 6 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3876 (isolation #66) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:56 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 4.02
Mia and Maya Fey (1):
House (0):

Titus (0):

Moongrass (0):

mastina (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (5):
, , , , ,

With 6 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3931 (isolation #67) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 3928, Titus wrote:Mod: Can a hider be jailkept or roleblocked if such roles exist?
Explicitly the normal version of the role hider can be both Jailkept and roleblocked, and this is the version of the role used for Not_Mafia. I cannot confirm nor deny whether any variant hiders were used in the creation of the scumteam.

"The Normal version of the Hider is one of the simplest: the Hider, when they use their ability, cannot be killed by actions targeted at them; however, if their target dies as a result of an active killing action (e.g. a factional kill or Vigilante shot), the Hider will also die."

No actions other than killing actions fail against the normal version of hider.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4100 (isolation #68) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by Jingle »

Prodding NSG.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4119 (isolation #69) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:38 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 4.03
Moongrass (2):
, ,
House (2):
, ,
Titus (1):
Mia and Maya Fey (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

mastina (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (1):

With 6 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4154 (isolation #70) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 4.FINAL
House (4):
, , , ,
Moongrass (1):
Titus (0):

Mia and Maya Fey (0):

Gamma Emerald (0):

mastina (0):

No Euphemization (0):

Not Voting (1):

With 6 alive, it takes
to euphemize and

A Hammer has been achieved.
Last edited by Jingle on Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4155 (isolation #71) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Jingle »

House has been eliminated. He was

Spoiler:
Vanilla Town.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4156 (isolation #72) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Jingle »

It is now Night 4. Actions are are due within the next (expired on 2021-06-26 21:46:08).

This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4157 (isolation #73) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Jingle »

Northsidegal has retired from the game.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4158 (isolation #74) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Jingle »

Titus has been killed. The mafia faction of not known 15, Mia and maya fey, and gamma emerald has won!
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4159 (isolation #75) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Jingle »

Endgame posts tomorrow, but mod and spec links in the op are public now.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4228 (isolation #76) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:42 am

Post by Jingle »

This game was explicitly designed to be scumsided (Approximately in the 60-70% range but hopefully closer to 60), due both to the presumed townsiding nature of stumps and the current site meta of people being really bad at playing scum.

This game was further scumsided by a couple of mistakes I made in the balancing process that I will go over in the next post and was likely somewhere in the 70-80% SW range.

However, mastina:
In post 4181, mastina wrote:In a Mini Normal,
Looking at the setup from this lens misses a lot of the nuance involved.

First of all, in a mini normal, scum has access to fakeclaiming as a resource. This entire angle of scumplay was nonexistent here. Explicitly, the power roles for the town were those roles submitted by the stumps, those roles required to make stump roles normal, and the stumps. None of that was counterclaimable. None of that was outable via claiming. That entire aspect of scumplay was simply off the table. Indeed, the town PRs didn't have to claim what they were to be hard cleared. You knew there were either two town PRs or a PR and a mason pair as an uninformed player based entirely off of setup information. Any hard PR claim was town or immediately CC'd based on the presence of the inno child role.

Second of all, the utility of a town hider is not just in it's results, but in it's difficulty to be killed. Your math on the hider hitting the rolestopper was flawed (the hider obviously never targets the IC), but the 10% shot of the hider hitting the rolestopper was not the main utility of the hider in this setup.

Assume for a moment that all three scum live D1 and it's a town elimination. Scum now have a 1/9 chance of failing to get a kill on the commuter IC, a 1/9 chance of failing to get a kill on the hider, and a 7/90 chance of netting a double kill by hitting the hider's target (7/10 the hider targets a valid NK choice, 1/9 scum chose the SAME valid NK choice). With a NK elim D1, that became 1/10 and 8%. The hider had the agency to attempt to draw a NK to themselves (as I assume was N_M's plan). The vig had to live through three eliminations to be able to take their shot, meaning that the utility of the role was heavily gated by Dayplay. If the hider outlived the Rolestopper, they started generating hard clears immediately.

Scum missing a kill by hitting the hider wasn't a surprise, and without the commuter enabler being dead, multiple consecutive missed kills was likely. (N_M softclaims cop, doesn't die to a nightkill. You're informed there's a commuter in the setup. Easy assumption: N_M is a commuter.)

Third, the 1-shot doc wasn't a normal one shot doc. The one shot doc was a strongwilled 1x doc shot that was guaranteed to be alive in XLO which vastly increases the chances it actually nets a save AND vastly increases the chances it generates a hard clear. Saying that it interacted poorly with N_M's role presumes it would be used by a stump who was unaware of N_M's role, meaning the stump who had not yet used their ability to clear a PR would have to be the one to bow out. In order for that interaction to occur it would take pants-on-head levels of bad play.

Fourth, the presumption that scum's only viable course of action is to rolestop their stronger partner assumes an accurate guess of what the stump's submission would be. A role like, for example, 1 shot BP Loyal Checker or nsg's proposed Loyal Neighborizor would also have been reasonably answered with a Rolestopper, and the correct play there would be to target not a member of the scumteam. Not only that, but the stumps explicitly had the potential to WIFOM what they'd submitted to try and influence scum to make a bad call on actions. I'm honestly surprised they didn't.

Fifth, the town handicapped themselves by not even considering that there might be a method of introducing doubt in the clears.

tl;dr Yes, the setup was scumsided, but not as much as you think it was and it was done on purpose to some extent.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4230 (isolation #77) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:52 am

Post by Jingle »

The mod errors.

The first one: I did not make it nearly clear enough that all town power was derived from the stumps. That was a major factor in the scumsiding of the setup.

The second one: I made multitasking default in the rules and did not take that into consideration while designing the roles, having forgotten about it. The N3 vig was explicitly intended to not be able to carry out both kills, but I had completely forgotten that they could via the rules set while examining balance.

The third one: The vig itself was non normal. Technically this wasn't outside of my setup rules (I was allowed to use non normal roles) but I very much intended to use only normal roles and included that as a solution to not seeking a normalcy review in the timeframe of a UPick when I myself rarely stick to the normal guidelines and frequently forget them, as I far prefer playing in the theme sandbox to build my setups.

The fourth one: There was an actual mod error that impacted the endgame. I missed M&M unvoting prior to the second to last VC and was unaware of this. It was brought to my attention after the flip had been posted, but I failed to catch it in my hammer count because I assumed the previous VC was accurate and did my standard double and triple checks using it as a base. I do not believe this would have changed the outcome of the game, but it was a major error.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4231 (isolation #78) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4227, Titus wrote:Just how did you bypass the clear?

Why the no kill?

How did the dual kill happen?
Scum had a rolestopper who targeted Gamma, thus N_M's action never happened.

The no kill was an attempt to kill N_M directly, which obviously failed.

The three kill night was a N3 scum vig on DGB, a regular scum kill on jjh, and a guilty result from N_M hiding on M&M.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4237 (isolation #79) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:03 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 0, Jingle wrote:
Spoiler: Important Links
Maf topic will be made public in approximately 48 hours (although no earlier). Scum will be given mod access to the thread to make any redactions they desire in a moment. All other game topics that might exist (notes and whatnot) are at the sole discretion of the topic owner to release or acknowledge, as per usual.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4238 (isolation #80) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Jingle »

N_M not targeting that night would have actually been a really strong play, tbh. He was pretty well outed and he could basically turn the scumkill into a vigshot by just not doing anything.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4242 (isolation #81) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Jingle »

On a whole, the experiment here failed, btw. I was hoping to change the townstumps paradigm to give the players more agency in choosing the stumps, thus making it less likely to fall into a toxic shitshow when the game started. Instead, the stump selection phase seemed to just be unfun for everyone. I do think nixing the idea of a mason hood for the stumps was a positive step as it made the emphasis shift back into the main thread and away from "This game is all about two people, the rest of you are seat warmers".

I will say that I think you went about choosing stumps entirely wrongly as I touched on in the dead thread. The general consensus was to choose the stumps on the strength of their reads, but all that really accomplishes is tying the stumps' hands behind their backs. They're respected because of their reads because they understand how people interacting with them and the game in general is likely to shape the game. I would have approached the stumps in one of three ways, in descending order of preference: Someone who had the skill and talent set to keep the people in the game interacting in a wholesome way (nomnomnom is the name that comes to mind), someone likely to leverage mechanics to town's advantage (jjh), or a N0 cop shot on someone who is very hard to read (N_M, Cyrus, Kori). I think Norwee and nsg are both bad choices by all three of those criteria (as would be the Nancy/Dk hydra and mastina FWIW) and that stumping them actively prevented them from having as meaningful an impact on the game as they would have as normal players.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4243 (isolation #82) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:25 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4173, mastina wrote:Jingle himself would know this considering that he ran a game with one and it was the freest scum win of my entire life.
I will point out that that setup was fairly balanced and you had the free-est win of your life because your partner GOAT'd the shit out of that game while you had a role that was functionally a license to meme.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4247 (isolation #83) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:30 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4244, cyrus62 wrote:Wait you think I would be a good stump?
Yes.

You have an unorthodox approach which makes you a default scumread, but you're likely to continue trying to generate content. You're unfamiliar to most of the players which means scum is going to be on the back foot trying to play around your presence making them easier for everyone else to catch.

I strongly believe the purpose of a Townstump is not to catch scum but to make it so the rest of the town has an easier time catching scum.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4250 (isolation #84) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Jingle »

I think that would be a mistake. First, there's a stark difference between not listening and not sheeping, and I don't think anyone should be sheeping the stumps. The stumps having too much influence on the lim just makes everyone else harder to read. Second, I find there's a surprising amount of accuracy in the reads of new players and people who are generally considered limbait, and removing the wifom of what if those takes are just coming from scum makes them much more valuable to examine. It is the last category I would have chosen on for a reason though.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4252 (isolation #85) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4249, jjh927 wrote:guaranteed survival to endgame
This is a drawback of the stump role, not a feature imo. A stump never gets the push to reexamine if they're on the wrong path because scum hasn't killed them off yet.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4253 (isolation #86) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:47 am

Post by Jingle »

Fittingly, this conversation is how I imagined the stumping process would go, conflicting ideals over what people want in a stump and people bowing out of the process during that.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4254 (isolation #87) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:50 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4251, DkKoba wrote:I think WIM is the most important thing to bring in a stump game as a stump.
I agree that this is important. If you'll note all of my proposed names were active and stayed active. I just fundamentally disagree with the idea that finding scum is a stump's primary utility.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4258 (isolation #88) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4255, Titus wrote:I think having a whole phase to selecting the stumps dragged down the game. At max, if at all, include a 48 hour discussion period for those who want to be stumps. Then have everyone rate each other on a scale. Fewest two are stumps. Ties are broken randomly.
I agree. The point of this game (other than to hopefully create a fun experience for the players) was to see if doing it this way would make the stump game paradigm less prone to toxicity, and I think the answer was a resounding no. This game was less toxic than some stump games in the past, but I think that's largely a testament to the characters of the people involved, not any measures I took. I would not suggest anyone try to recreate the experiment.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4263 (isolation #89) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Jingle »

Oh, and regardless of the scumsidedness of the setup itself, I definitely think scum earned this win with good play, let me be clear on that.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4293 (isolation #90) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:20 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4288, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Why would we have been a bad choice?
Same reason I wouldn't have picked Norwee. You're both good scumhunters and decently readable. I think those are both undesirable traits in a stump. You're also really bad at thread health management, which I think is the most desirable trait in a stump.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4301 (isolation #91) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Jingle »

I'm giving the scumteam the chance to redact the posts they want redacted and then releasing. Probably tomorrow.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4304 (isolation #92) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:39 am

Post by Jingle »

I promised the scum team until Wednesday, I’d just brain farted and thought yesterday was today somehow.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4305 (isolation #93) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Jingle »

I believe this is the quote GE thinks I lied in.
In post 141, Jingle wrote:
The town power is as follows:

2 Treestumps with a shared 1 shot power.
Whatever roles were chosen by said stumps.
Whatever roles were required to make said choices valid, in the case that such was needed.

I cannot confirm or deny the existence of any roles in the third category.
The third category would have been something like mason if only one stump had submitted mason. There is no means by which a role would have been made invalid as a stump submission because there wasn’t a big included in the setup.

I did fail at making this information as public as it was intended to be, but there were no lies, and to answer without this option included would have modspewed nonpublic information, like the lack of masons.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4306 (isolation #94) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:50 am

Post by Jingle »

I should qualify that. I’m not aware of any way to make a setup not normal by including a specific role and not a vig. I suppose I could be wrong on that score.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4312 (isolation #95) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by Jingle »

Pretty sure NK was trying to get limmed to turn off the commute, from what he was saying in the PT.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4313 (isolation #96) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:18 am

Post by Jingle »

Maf thread is released. Link in the OP and the post with the PT links. Sorry for the delay.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”