He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:28 am

Post by Something_Smart »

VOTE: Frozen Angel long time no see!
Okay, that's good.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:11 am

Pls tell me there is a sample role PM

...why is there no sample role PM

I mean I have a hard time parsing this from any alignment. Bell can you please elaborate?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:04 am

It's not really a town slip, is the thing. If anything it looks like just a genuine scum slip because scum aren't necessarily told that they are the only threats to town (while town are).

But I can see how the "clan" wording could be confusing, since typically one is only a member of a single clan.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #98 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:43 am

hi shiro :] I am town this time

I think I would like to VOTE: Charloux because that's a very odd joke to make and I feel like town are more likely to be excited to post in a hood whereas scum are more likely to be nervous.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #103 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:47 am

In post 99, Datisi wrote:i think frozen angel is scummy for trying to over-explain her vote on charloux
What part is over-explanation? All of her explanation is in response to direct questions.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #129 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:11 am

In post 112, Datisi wrote:this is what i mean by over-explainy - she presented a reasonable explanation, dismissed it as "doesn't make sense" (even though it does), and then proceeded to try to justify her vote and appear like she's Really Thinking About The Game
I think that's the right amount of explanation, though. You see something that doesn't make sense as town, then you provide a reason why it makes sense as scum. If I saw someone pushing a vote because it "didn't make sense" I would consider that under-explained.

Having an issue with her specific logic-- that's more reasonable, iirc FA is the type to deliberately push phony reasoning like that but of course my meta is stale. But I do kind of agree that the joke doesn't make sense (I don't really see what's funny about pretending that something obviously false is true), and I did have the scum PT thought as well, though I arrived to the conclusion that it was unlikely nobody else posted in the scum PT.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #154 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:25 am

In post 153, Val89 wrote:If you are Starclan, there is no need for a sample PM, because the sample PM is sitting in your inbox, no?
I don't want to talk about the wording my role PM if said wording is not public knowledge.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #159 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:33 am

In post 155, Charloux wrote:Scum!SS would pm the mod to make the change, not ask for it in the main thread. It's a towntell
Well, I would PM the mod asking for a sample town PM. I hope this would not prompt her to post it publicly, but it might.

And I don't think confirming role + alignment rules out clan confusion; it's usually easy to tell alignment from coloring + lack of partners/obvious scum info, even if you don't fully understand the factions or the wincon.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #176 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:37 am

In post 174, Titus wrote:Yes.
What makes you think everyone besides you is in a clan?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #234 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:47 am

In post 196, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:MY QUESTION TO EVERYONE ELSE: DO YOU READ THESE POSTS AS TRUSTWORTHY, NULL OR SUS? WHY?
Fire's posts seem like they're Reasonable Positions which I guess is scummy because they're pretty difficult to argue against? Especially the Dann take.

Val is probably either town or brazen scum who just feels like hammering on a townie for funsies. If Val has been known to do this as scum before, I'd love to hear it.
In post 230, Charloux wrote:I wish what happened in my hood stayed in my hood...
So 4 clans, 5 scum. My current theory is that scum are in 3 clans, and preventing them from knowing who the strays are is the key to this game.
That means no saying who the clan members are and no saying who the leaders are.
How do you know there are multiple strays?
In post 232, Mistyx wrote:there's 1 stray and it's titus
How do you know there are
not
multiple strays?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #416 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:11 am

UNVOTE: Charloux
In post 236, Charloux wrote:It's a theory based on Titus claim, the number of people in my pt and the details of my role.
3 more people have yet to post, and we can't confirm that everybody who posted is a member of a clan.
This post seems pretty town. Generally I see scum being too afraid to vaguely reference their role like this, because it requires planning out a specific fakeclaim and committing to it. (And it's pretty hard to retroactively come up with a fakeclaim that matches a soft like this.)

I think my top vote choice would be Mistyx but I'll make some modicum of an effort to consolidate votes and join mastina on Norwee.
VOTE: Norwee

For now I'm feeling okay with a towncore of {Charloux, mastina, Marashu, Val, Shiidaji} + perhaps Bear (I will have to reread their posts, and I had enough trouble reading them the first time).

It's probably kind of a problem that the people I'm most inclined to townread are often the people I clash the most with, and the ones I'm the most paranoid of are the ones I love talking to and solving with.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #423 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:36 am

In post 418, Bell wrote:I dunno what to say to the town core thing. Unless we use entirely different definitions of town cores the k my one I’d even consider would be Mastina at this point and that’s just a default.
It's just the people I townread. My early game townreads are usually weird and unpopular; I'm happy to chat about any of them if you want to.
I don’t know your history with these players to know if the people you’re town reading are the people you tend to clash with but I’m moderately surprised that you clash with marashu or that they clash much at all.
I think it's because I tend to townread people who play in a chaotic or irrational-seeming way. Marashu isn't like that particularly, I just don't really know them.

Who wants to be the one to tell Bear there are confirmed to be no third parties?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #475 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:06 am

In post 430, Cephrir wrote:Why is Shiidaji town? That seems super random.
Posting tons of thoughts in the clan PT and absolutely nothing in the game thread, to me, indicates an emphasis on solving over appearing to solve. I can see scum going for hood pocketing, but the hood's big enough that you're not really going to convince people it's a masonry anyway, so it doesn't make sense to completely focus on that to the exclusion of appearing to do anything in the actual game.
In post 469, Datisi wrote:interesting, why?
I didn't really like , it seemed to be explaining away people's reads instead of engaging with them. is pretty shallow (in particular I think most of what I was doing was not particularly towny but easy to throw a townread at), and the feel TMI-y because Titus did not in fact confirm it, and I have a silly tinfoil that she mixed up PP and FA in because they're both her partners (and a less silly one that she mixed them up because they are both town).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #497 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:04 am

In post 495, Frozen Angel wrote:why would town you want the wording clarified to all slots when if its hidden you can potentially catch a scum slipping (as bell was getting pressured early for it)?
Bell-scum could have just asked the mod for it as soon as he got wind that something was up.

What I didn't want was for someone to be modkilled for talking about the wording of their role PM, which was liable to happen if the discussion went any further.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #536 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:55 am

I highly doubt that Ydrasse intended for the leaders to be a mason group but did not explicitly make them so. I would imagine that the setup contains some counterplay to the issue Charloux brought up.

If nothing else, you can target a scummy player for it, which should stop scum from just killing them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #628 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:54 pm

Has Shiro done anything in the PT?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #743 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:37 pm

In post 654, Val89 wrote:
In post 644, mastina wrote:{Norwee, Alisae, Something_Smart, Titus, KittyTacky} (default team of five) feels a bit too easy to be the right solve.
This is also an issue for me. I asked for confirmation that was a claim of KittyTacky's membership in Windclan and not a mistake since they still haven't posted there, and was told by Norwee is was the most unnecessary question ever, but if that is confirmed, and KT is scum, that means Windclan is both a 6 player clan and one that is absolutely stuffed with Dark Forest cats.

I understand that is a possibility given the nature of random assignment, but I do wonder if that was the case if they would have chosen to play this the way they did.
I feel like this is town
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #757 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:24 pm

In post 661, Titus wrote:I do not have that passive yet. My PM mentioned nothing about leaders but left open the possibility they exist.

My thinking (which is now likely wrong), each PT had one apprentice, one warrior, one protector and one ?. I am a protector myself.
I think this is town also but I don't have to like it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #904 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:46 am

In post 766, Alisae wrote:Ok but like, what you're saying, and what is like, happening, is like, completely opposite of each other and actions say more about a person than what they say so...
wouldn't that make him town then? or why would he pretend to be overly worried about the post cap as scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #906 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:51 am

In post 778, KittyTacky wrote:I'm town, I play weird but I'm town. Nothing else to say, if anyone has any questions you can ask.
what are your reads
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #910 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:57 am

In post 785, Val89 wrote:-
this is town unless it is theater of some sort, I think. unsure what combination of {Bell, Alisae, Norwee} would qualify it as theater, probably any one of the three, but I guess Bell is the most likely out of the three?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #914 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:59 am

In post 907, fireisredsir wrote:the postcap here is 200. i don't really think any town here should be genuinely worried about it rn if they put any actual thought into it (unless they are a huge spam poster which we don't really have any of here), which is what makes it feel kinda faked concern
I am feeling the same thing he is talking about. I make a lot of borderline useless posts. Even though I doubt I'll hit the cap, I still feel bad making those posts. It is, indeed, a psychological thing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #918 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:03 am

In post 911, Datisi wrote:sweating because i also mentioned posting less due to the post cap
why does this feel like a scum post

because I feel like the town reaction would be "ha, you're wrong" and not "oh no, I'm gonna be scumread now", even if the post is made in jest
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #921 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:04 am

In post 917, Datisi wrote:i combat it by posting in the hood, where i have over 100 posts currently

so how many posts does kittytacky have in his hood rn? @whoever is in a hood with him because fuck if i remember
good question. that was my plan as well, and I do have a lot of hood posts relative to my posts here, but I don't think it was as successful as I was hoping it'd be.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #925 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:06 am

In post 922, Datisi wrote:they're using that reasoning to scumread kittytacky, who is currently my strongest scumread, why would i discourage them
because you have just proven that the reasoning is flawed? people are saying "town wouldn't do X" while fypov you are town who has done X
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #928 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:10 am

In post 927, Datisi wrote:also i think there is a very VERY big difference between me and kitty saying "i'll be posting less because of post cap" -- mainly because i have actually produced. alot of content DESPITE THE POSTING WHILE HE HASN'T
what about me? is it different because I didn't directly say it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #932 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:12 am

In post 929, Datisi wrote:you have posted way more content than o every expected of you lole
this makes me sad but ok I guess it's self-consistent
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #933 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:13 am

it's also like not really true I pretended to play normal for like 10 posts and then regressed
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #935 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:13 am

In post 931, fireisredsir wrote:enough to the point where at first i thought it was weird and the difference could be scummy, but i am feeling that less now
can you walk me through your thoughts here in more detail?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #940 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:32 am

I kinda want to switch to Datisi because his recent posting about Kitty feels pretty dodgy but I'm not gonna lie I really want to see what Alisae does if Norwee gets close to elimination because that can maybe just locktown them forever.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #941 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:32 am

And, I don't really want to let the Kitty wagon become a runaway leader because he doesn't seem like someone who's likely to be able to defuse a wagon on himself.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #945 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:41 am

In post 942, Datisi wrote:what about my posting about kitty is fucky dodgy to you
specifically the bit where you're like "yeah their reasoning is bad but I don't care haha"

I've seen that mindset before, but it's not common, and it seems like it ought to be a red flag if the wagon's widespread support is based on something that's wrong.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #947 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:50 am

that sounds like the right amount of thinking, not overthinking, lol. (it also, from the outside, could look like backtracking. I'm not saying it necessarily is)

I agree with you that, in theory, an argument could be made that Kitty's complaining about postcount is scummy, whereas yours isn't. Did anyone (other than you) make that argument? I feel like most people didn't acknowledge/remember that you had also complained about it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #956 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:58 am

In post 948, Datisi wrote:they didn't, i was trying to make this advanced level of communication known as a joke
but my point is that, if people forgot about you and just pushed Kitty for complaining about postcap, they are using wrong reasoning. Doesn't matter if you came up with hypothetical right reasoning they
could
use, they aren't using it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #968 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:12 am

In post 965, Charloux wrote:Doesn't look like it to me since you proceeded to post one-liners again after this
Yes, that was me succeeding in stopping myself from doing the thing that I had just acknowledged I knew was bad. Hopefully Kitty can do likewise.
In post 965, Charloux wrote:I'd like to ask you to elaborate, but my guess is you don't want to until it happens. Why share this with us then?
I don't have anything specific in mind but Ali is a pretty emotional and volatile player and so if they care very much about something they're more likely to let their alignment show.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #977 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:26 am

In post 969, Bell wrote:Well, what was your conclusion S_S do you think Alisae is town this game? And which posts do you think point that way?
Huh? I was talking about what Alisae might do in the future.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1156 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:57 pm

In post 1154, Cephrir wrote:i quoted that like an hour ago for a post i ended up not making
hmmmm I wonder if that's +scum
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1215 (isolation #37) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:53 am

If marashu is scum then catboi's scum equity goes way up
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1225 (isolation #38) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:03 am

In post 1220, Dannflor wrote:What did you think of catboi saying it’s insulting to think they are partnered
I did not see it and I do not agree with it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1226 (isolation #39) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:04 am

In post 1222, Mistyx wrote:why is norwee still a wagon i'm confused on that
bc having one wagon is bad
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1231 (isolation #40) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:09 am

In post 1227, Mistyx wrote:then why vote him over kitty
The case against Kitty is weaksauce and it doesn't really seem like pressure will make him or anyone else easier to read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1235 (isolation #41) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:17 am

In post 1233, Datisi wrote:is norwee easier to read after there being a wagon on him
Maybe, but Alisae probably will be. I already talked about this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1236 (isolation #42) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:17 am

Mastina probably too.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1241 (isolation #43) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:31 am

In post 1238, PenguinPower wrote:talk about it more 'cus that doesn't make sense to me
Alisae really thinks Norwee is town based on hood stuff and a lot of people find that sketchy. Alisae is known to get pretty heated and emotional about things they strongly believe and I think it pretty likely that at least one of the two would do something that would reveal their true priorities if Norwee were under serious pressure.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1243 (isolation #44) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:36 am

Would you really though? Just to pocket one person whom nobody ever listens to anyway?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1248 (isolation #45) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:43 am

In post 1246, Alisae wrote:Why wouldn't I?
I wouldn't say it would even be to pocket you but rather it's just a move that would make sense to do?
I mean, what are you trying to argue? That reading people is impossible because they can just do what they'd do as town if they're scum?

Like obviously I expect it to come out differently if you're town vs if you're scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1256 (isolation #46) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:50 am

but didn't you read her 2000-word essay about why her being behind and catching up isn't scum indicative?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1259 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:04 am

In post 1257, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:LOL NO I DIDN'T, SHOULD I READ IT?
you don't have to but you should probably wait until mastina actually does her catchup to make judgements on its quality
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1361 (isolation #48) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:42 pm

I disagree.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1379 (isolation #49) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:02 pm

In post 1374, Mistyx wrote:does T3 tend to struggle as scum

bc they're kind of reminding me of myself when i sub in as scum
idk I remember a game where scum-T3 blatantly self-contradicted to push my slot so naturally I got yeeted instead of him, but I thought he was pretty clearly scum
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1384 (isolation #50) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:17 pm

My extremely outdated impression is that scum-mastina makes more of an attempt to appeal to the masses than she's doing.

And I do just remember her doing this "I've figured
everything
out and you peons should just kneel down and listen to me" in Datisi's Cafe, where she was town. (spoiler alert: she did not figure everything out)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1391 (isolation #51) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:32 pm

In post 1386, catboi wrote:...................why?
iirc you were the first person to propose that was towny

maybe I am improperly putting the blame on you for me just accepting that uncritically, but I did, and I know this has happened to me before where a comment like that has thrown me off of a scum for a while.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1444 (isolation #52) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:11 am

In post 1438, Mistyx wrote:good morning i am late for class because I overslept also I had a dream that S_S was scum

I am assuming these two facts are correlated and that this was important info that was meant to be revealed to me no matter the cost
it means that if you scumread me you will be cursed to be forever late to class :] (I hope your class was ok and you did not miss anything important)

Alisae=
Town

catboi=
Scum

Charloux=
Town

Norwegian=
Scum

Datisi=
Scum

Bell=
Town

KittyTacky=
Town

Dannflor=
Town

Mistyx=
Scum

SCRRRDBEAR=
Town

Titus=
Town

fireisredsir=
Scum

mastina=
Scum

Frozen Angel=
Scum

Cephrir=
Scum

Marashu=
Town

Shiro=
Scum

Val89=
Town

T3=
Town

PenguinPower=
Town
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1446 (isolation #53) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:23 am

In post 1444, Something_Smart wrote:mastina= Scum
this should maybe say town but idk I've been going back and forth on her a lot.

her whole thing about townlocking everyone in the hood except for me based on them literally just being excited about being in a hood together is eyebrow-raising, even for her.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1703 (isolation #54) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:32 pm

In post 1610, Frozen Angel wrote:that are pretty bold joking and is a thing town would be way less comfortable saying in general. and the questions that have 0 value in evaluation
Second question seems like it could potentially yield merit, presumably he was looking for "what indicates that you aren't scum", not "what caused you to not be scum".

Regardless, I don't get why town would be less comfortable making these? Isn't it usually a cliche that town is comfortable saying whatever where scum are a lot more nervous and careful?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1704 (isolation #55) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:34 pm

In post 1625, Frozen Angel wrote:Is royal we an English term for me?
Yes, that's a relatively well-known joke, in my understanding. But I can understand being confused if you aren't familiar with it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1705 (isolation #56) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:36 pm

In post 1645, Frozen Angel wrote:if she is truely a mason then there is someone else with a clear on her. and if she isn't then there are no other slot to confirm their story or their buddy has to claim mason to confirm her story which means we will get 2 scum instead of one if she flips red cause of it.

so I expect the masonry to fully out before we eliminate her or for her to claim her actual role if she is threatened to go this day phase
She isn't claiming literal mason. She clarified in the hood that the comment refers to how she got immediate and strong townreads on 3/4 of her hoodmates based on hood posts.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1708 (isolation #57) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:39 pm

Mastina has already claimed in the hood btw.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1716 (isolation #58) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:17 pm

In post 1712, Bell wrote:What is their claim?
Probably shouldn't out that without consulting at least one of my hoodmates. But you don't have to worry that mastina is stalling out her claim to get more info or something. (I mean, she may still be stalling out, but for other reasons.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1774 (isolation #59) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:52 am

In post 1726, mastina wrote:My biggest regret right now because it means I can't actually go "fuck that" to the idea of claiming since I literally already did, a fullclaim from the onset pretty much. (Less than 48 hours into the game.) My neighborhood can claim my role publicly at literally any time, meaning that I can't actually say "you want my claim, you flip me" or similar.
Why would you do that though, even if you could?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1777 (isolation #60) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:04 am

Yeah I mean it's reasonable for mastina to have a really good read on you, but she needs to demonstrate it by showing previous games where she was confident on you and right. Which I don't think she did?

Incidentally, Norwee, do you purely scumread mastina due to her push on you, or do you have other reasons?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1814 (isolation #61) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:27 am

In post 1808, fireisredsir wrote:SS what are your current thoughts on norwee and mastina?
I think I lean town on mastina because what she's doing just feels like a big throw as scum, and I lean scum on Norwee because I'm inclined to trust mastina to some extent (obviously not as much as she claims we should).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1816 (isolation #62) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:31 am

Norwee peaked at 6 which is higher than any other wagon did (at least according to VC's).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1818 (isolation #63) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:36 am

I think it's fair to say that no counterwagon is happening.

I'd switch to Kitty if that got more support.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1830 (isolation #64) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:43 am

In post 1824, fireisredsir wrote:ok can you share more of your thought process of why you put her as scum when you did your readlist?
No. Those readlists aren't meant to be explained.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1831 (isolation #65) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:45 am

VOTE: Kitty
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1835 (isolation #66) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:04 am

In post 1832, fireisredsir wrote:why did you post if thats how you feel

the way you added it on 10 minures later feels a little self-conscious, or pre-empting criticism or something
I mean yeah, that's pretty much why. I did the list without checking and I forgot about some of the reasons to townread her.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1839 (isolation #67) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:35 am

In post 1836, Alisae wrote:SS why do u trust mastina > me on norwee
Not sure. Probably because hood pocketing is so common.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1843 (isolation #68) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:49 am

I don't recall them. What games?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1856 (isolation #69) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:51 am

In post 1848, Alisae wrote:ig they're not really comparable because in this game I have direct access into Norwee's head and what he is thinking.
And I don't, which is why I respect your read but have trouble taking it into account.

And I did say that part of my reason for pushing Norwee was to see how you defended him if it came to that, which might have also helped to shed some more light on your read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1927 (isolation #70) » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:31 pm

In post 1925, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:CAN WE GET SOME FOLLOW UP ON THIS?
I mean I would love to but it hasn't happened (yet). Unless you're talking about the Datisi bit.

I like the idea of voting Kitty but I will wait until tomorrow when I am more awake and can properly count votes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2244 (isolation #71) » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:32 am

Kitty out of curiosity did you always list your location in your profile? I don't remember seeing it before.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2265 (isolation #72) » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:31 am

Oh that explains why the PT wasn't open until game start.

It also explains why the game had a fixed start time and why Ydrasse wouldn't tell me if the scum PT opened at the same time as the hoods.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2416 (isolation #73) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:27 pm

In post 2361, Alisae wrote:Way more people suspect KT than Norwee and I mean, just look at his posts.
Guy plays like newbtown.
Hmm, can you expand on this a little?

Specifically, I got the impression that Kitty was highly self-aware, which isn't a common newbtown trait. He's played enough to know what his town meta looks like and at points I felt he was frustrated that his imitation of said town meta wasn't leaving the impression he hoped it would.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2418 (isolation #74) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:30 pm

And at least today I feel like, assuming T3 is town, he is by far the easiest lim for scum, since he is a low-charisma player who replaced into a low-activity slot and continued the low activity.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2419 (isolation #75) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:32 pm

is it bad that I townread that Norwee doesn't know the name of my clan? (I don't think it was ever spoken in the thread)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2566 (isolation #76) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:26 am

In post 2465, Alisae wrote:I'm good enough and have the game knowledge and experience to be able to look at another player and just tell who is experienced and who isn't and sucks and is just an idiot.
Is there anyone else in this game who has arbitrary stances?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2702 (isolation #77) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:27 am

In post 2667, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:DOESN'T LOOK LIKE ANXIETY AND DOESN'T REALLY MAKE A LOT OF SENSE TO EXPERIENCE ANXIETY THERE
As someone who's played a fair bit with Datisi, I disagree on both counts.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2703 (isolation #78) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:29 am

In post 2679, Alisae wrote:Can u please shut the fuck up?
I mean if you are a wolf u are welcome to keep going but like
If you are a villager, could you like, please stop fucking posting?
Wtf alisae
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2713 (isolation #79) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:46 am

In post 2686, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:I BELIEVE TITUS ROLE IS MOST LIKELY TO BE SCOURGE
Did Scourge ever join a clan? Wouldn't it make more sense for her to be Rusty, or another loner who joined a clan?

Actually, I guess Titus should claim whether or not her flavor is Rusty. If it's not, she doesn't have to claim what it is.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2737 (isolation #80) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:28 am

In post 2726, Mistyx wrote:VOTE: Something_Smart

feel like this is a hit btw

going to eat breakfast
why
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2740 (isolation #81) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:44 am

In post 2738, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:THE MECHANIC OF INFILTRATING A CLAN UNDER THE PRETENSE OF ADOPTION
I didn't read that part of the series. Is this what happened? I thought Tigerstar just brought him in as a mercenary?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2745 (isolation #82) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:03 am

Which of those things do you think I would not be doing as town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2747 (isolation #83) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:04 am

I didn't townread Kitty in . That just meant he was north of null.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2750 (isolation #84) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:06 am

In post 2749, Mistyx wrote:for my intents and purposes that's the same thing
so what is so weird about that? are reads not allowed to change?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2752 (isolation #85) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:07 am

In fact I feel like a distinct feature of my scumgame is to have extremely static reads and to cling to early townreads on LHF slots so I can cash in on towncred when they start getting pushed.

If I were really just looking to take the path of least resistance, I could be pushing T3 here. (Even if he's scum-- honestly even more so in that case.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2753 (isolation #86) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:08 am

wdym without explanation, I explained it in
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2754 (isolation #87) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:08 am

In post 2751, Mistyx wrote:no but if your reads change in a way that aligns with a fairly plausible scum agenda without explanation i am going to put pressure on it
so you were lying about think I'm likely scum? or what?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2758 (isolation #88) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:16 am

also like, I think I pretty demonstrably was not townreading Kitty at any point, I defended him a lot without actually giving any reason why I thought he was towny, because I didn't. I'm sure you understand the context of that list, which is just to pick one or the other on every person, which is of course going to be completely arbitrary if I don't have much of a read on them.

I believe I wrote town primarily because I didn't like the push on him. My read on him went from null to scum, which I mean, sure you can call it potentially a scum agenda, but you can equally say that about anyone else pushing him.
In post 2756, Mistyx wrote:i don't want to shut you down with "this doesn't sound convincing" but that was my first thought
oh for sure, I would not expect it to be convincing. but the question is, do you believe that I could believe it? not necessarily as a deathtunnel or anything, just as something that feels worth pushing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2760 (isolation #89) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:19 am

also, I have 117 posts in the hood. so even if I'm flying a bit under the radar here (I'm trying not to, but I was out of town for a while around the end of D1 and the beginning of D2), I'm certainly not doing it there.

and I am on record as being terrified of hoods with strong solvers as scum, I can go find the game that comes to mind. Ali modded it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2857 (isolation #90) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:02 am

wow, mobile wikipedia on desktop is incredibly cursed
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2955 (isolation #91) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:58 am

In post 2953, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Isn't discussing replace outs not allowed.
discussing past replace-outs is fine, it's discussing potential future replace-outs that is not allowed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3007 (isolation #92) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:52 am

The moonpool exists in the books and iirc is used by all clans. It's a bit weird that only two (or even three) people would have access to it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3116 (isolation #93) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:21 pm

What do people think scum-Titus's thought process behind the whole "protector" thing was?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3296 (isolation #94) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:25 am

In post 3116, Something_Smart wrote:What do people think scum-Titus's thought process behind the whole "protector" thing was?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3300 (isolation #95) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:48 am

In post 3299, Datisi wrote:i an assuming that the answer is yes (i recall her asking me for a sample town role pm in the cafe), but i'm listening to other ideas
But she also massively botched her claim in that game, specifically when it came to referring to her powers/mod communication. So I'm not really sure that game is evidence that she's adept at handling faking a town perspective when it comes to role-related stuff? And I believe I recall her making bizarre fakeclaims at least once in the past.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3305 (isolation #96) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:14 am

Yes, but she also didn't fully explain her claim (nor was it really a good claim anyway) and even after she was caught in a lie she didn't make a follow-up claim that made mechanical sense. I guess that could have been deliberate, but it looked like it was a genuine error to me.

Pedit: YOU do not get dumbtell points for that, sorry
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3336 (isolation #97) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:55 am

In post 3315, Dannflor wrote:That’s just off the top of my head. Oh, S_S, you’ve fallen off massively, why?
Bc 6 people were replaced and it feels like a totally different game now
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3552 (isolation #98) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:45 pm

In post 3515, SCRRRDBEAR wrote: S_S CAN YOU TALK ABOUT THIS READ? WHY DID YOUR VOTE STAY ON KITTYTACKY ALL D2?

I liked the Kitty wagon more than the T3 wagon. I thought Shiidaji posting a mega wall in the PT and nothing in the main thread was towny, and I thought Kitty was actively suspicious and deserved to be pressured more.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3555 (isolation #99) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:26 pm

In post 3553, MathBlade wrote:What were Shiidaji’s reads? Shiidaji = T3 yeah?
It was very early on. Ali explained it in .

I am trying to decide if I think Shiidaji is more likely to do that if they do have a partner in their hood, or if they don't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3708 (isolation #100) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:19 am

In post 3557, MathBlade wrote:So the only T3’s are likely town barring good reason.
I'm not sure I agree with this. T3 was basically a potato and was antispewing from pretty early on. It's very plausible that he was bussed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3714 (isolation #101) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:25 am

In post 3710, MathBlade wrote:Interesting. I will have to redo my VCA overnight assuming bus, but why would scum bus? Was T3 sussed?
Shiidaji had literally one post. T3 is not known to be the most charismatic player, and he was very hesitant to give content in the main thread. What may well have happened, then, is that at the start of D2 he/his teammates saw the writing on the wall that he was likely to get wagoned and decided it was not worth trying to avert. I don't remember exactly how telegraphed it was, but T3 got 7 votes in the first 18 hours of D2, so I don't think it took a psychic to see it coming.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3715 (isolation #102) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:26 am

Is there a reason this wagon has ceased to exist? I'm still in favor of it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3721 (isolation #103) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:35 am

I've been kinda disconnected from the game for a while. Any chance you could give me the tl;dr on which posts were towny and why?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4279 (isolation #104) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:51 pm

In post 4276, Mistyx wrote:anyway it's ravenpaw
That was actually going to be one of my guesses. Probably not my first tho.

And yes, I see where you're going.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4284 (isolation #105) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:05 pm

I mean yes?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4312 (isolation #106) » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:26 am

In post 4305, Cephrir wrote:I mean, yes? How the hell are you guys picking these.
What are you afraid of happening? What PR could I have as scum that you wouldn't want activated?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4422 (isolation #107) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:11 pm

I haven't a goddamn clue, we've had so many short days and replacements.

Assuming this day actually makes it to Monday, I'll do some reading then.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4427 (isolation #108) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:47 pm

In post 4423, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:
In post 4422, Something_Smart wrote:I haven't a goddamn clue, we've had so many short days and replacements.

Assuming this day actually makes it to Monday, I'll do some reading then.
IT'S OVER

VOTE: SOMETHING_SMART
What are you hoping to gain from this?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4428 (isolation #109) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:49 pm

If it's a reaction test, better to just outright state it's a guilty. Otherwise, please outright state it isn't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4432 (isolation #110) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:25 pm

In post 4430, Freedom wrote:Then, based of what you've read, where are you at?
Everyone null except for Bear is town? Idk when I said I need to read to remember what's going on, I meant it.

I guess the leaders are probably +town because whoever was the mason died when the watcher was active.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4434 (isolation #111) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:30 pm

Well, because of... exactly what happened. Enchant was a pretty obvious watcher target.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4436 (isolation #112) » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:53 pm

Because they were confirmed town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4446 (isolation #113) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:17 pm

You think he got a guilty with the shot that Datisi recharged him with?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4452 (isolation #114) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:50 pm

In post 4450, PenguinPower wrote:I mean - prs in this game are already gated (sometimes doubly so!) so I don’t see how that was unreasonable to think but ok.
Well, what do you think the timing was on Datisi's ability? Do you think it resolved at the start of the night?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4461 (isolation #115) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:21 pm

In post 4454, PenguinPower wrote:I think that’s pretty clearly what I thought.
How could that happen when Datisi wasn't granted the warrior ceremony until the start of the night? Did you think he pre-submitted an action just in case he was chosen?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4464 (isolation #116) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:33 pm

I mean, I know I'm not guiltied. So I have that piece of info.

But also, I never said this was impossible. I obviously implied that I thought it was unlikely, but I just wanted to know how/why you thought this could have gone down.

To me, it seems very weird that an action with a target would take place instantaneously; like, would the mod wait for the recharger to submit their action before starting the night? Large theme with weird mechanics or not, usually actions are submitted during a time period instead of becoming available and instantly resolving.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4471 (isolation #117) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:53 pm

In post 4465, PenguinPower wrote:Thought you may have been though.
I know you thought that (or are pretending as such), that's why I asked Bear to clarify.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4472 (isolation #118) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:54 pm

In post 4470, Cephrir wrote:is there scum motivation for this? if not, then who cares?
scum motivation for what, PP acting like he thought it was a guilty? absolutely, I can see him hoping people rush a wagon on me before Bear can come in and clarify, like they did the last few days.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4477 (isolation #119) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:07 pm

In post 4473, Bell wrote:if you were scum here would you be salty at the set up?
Probably? 2 guilties in a row is pretty rough for the scumteam, especially when the second one came about from scum taking care of conftowns which they'd need to do given the number of them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4479 (isolation #120) » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:14 pm

Most of them have to be activated, and the watcher and presumably the cop are heavily gated. Watcher is fairly likely to whiff and cop getting an inno is a lot less impactful than a guilty.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4542 (isolation #121) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:05 pm

I don't believe the guilty.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4552 (isolation #122) » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:55 pm

In post 4544, Bell wrote:You know, S_S's statement there is actually sort of confusing. Because it sort of sounds to me like a joke, but I also know that S_S doesn't really make jokes.
I make jokes sometimes. It wasn't a joke though; Bear has spewed enough bullshit this game that I thought it was likely more bullshit.

However his explanation does make more sense, so now I'm not sure.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4605 (isolation #123) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:44 pm

Nah I just had more work shit than I expected.

Tomorrow, probably, but I reread best with specific prompts so if there's anything particular you want to hear my opinion on that sounds like a win-win.

The guilty being revealed as fake does lessen my sense of urgency, at least.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4611 (isolation #124) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:46 am

In post 3345, Cephrir wrote:i wonder when people will stop pretending all town hoods and masonries are the same thing
I wonder what Ceph's angle this game is if he's scum. I feel like he's been playing in a very support-ish role rather than a carry and I guess that could check out if Ali/Math and fire were intended to be carries (both have strong scumgames and could go deep).

But idk the vibe of the game I got was that scum weren't that broken up about the guilties. It's hard to explain why that is, maybe I would have expected them to try to argue their way out of it harder if they felt they were doomed otherwise?

Regardless I pulled this quote because it feels like theater-- particularly because it's a nitpick that is entirely irrelevant to the point Math's actually making. But it's also pretty typical of Ceph's play this game, which seems like it has mostly been engaging in a bunch of smaller issues from the sidelines (in contrast to most of the other active players who are engaging in a few large ones).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4612 (isolation #125) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:49 am

In post 3378, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3305, Something_Smart wrote:Yes, but she also didn't fully explain her claim (nor was it really a good claim anyway) and even after she was caught in a lie she didn't make a follow-up claim that made mechanical sense. I guess that could have been deliberate, but it looked like it was a genuine error to me.
i thought
[Titus]
did extremely well given the circumstances in coming up with a claim that even came close to making sense given there was literally no way out of that situation

i don't see why what she did this game would be at all difficult to fake

there's also a huge difference between coming up with a fakeclaim, and knowing exactly what mechanical info you would have as town and being consistent with that mindset. i think the latter is easy and she is more than capable of that
In post 3379, fireisredsir wrote:
ceph
made me laugh for the first time this game. townlocked
In post 3380, fireisredsir wrote:
math
getting the alisae slot is kinda funny to me bc reading both of their posts make me tired and not want to respond
Is this just WIFOM? Maybe, but I feel like this sequence is less likely to come out the way it did if Ceph is scum.

I think it's less likely to be WIFOM because fire was in a decent spot and didn't expect to flip soon.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4613 (isolation #126) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:54 am

Also: contrast how fire responded to Math defending Titus (with a deflecting potshot that obviates the need to interact) versus how they responded to me defending Titus (with a superficially reasonable counterpoint that doesn't really hold up). Don't want to dwell on it too much but I do think this makes me townier.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4617 (isolation #127) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:13 am

In post 1132, fireisredsir wrote:well there's the townier bell i was looking for. its like a fully different person just showed up and started posting, idk where you were earlier

UNVOTE:
I am feeling hubris at this moment and I am scrolling through fire's ISO looking at associations. I do not think this is S/S, especially given that fire seemed to like tossing out easy townreads on townies this game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4618 (isolation #128) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:18 am

In post 1147, fireisredsir wrote:i think [scrrdbear, dann,
FA
, val] are town
less strongly i think [
mastina
, bell,
misty
, maybe
titus
?] are town
and then lightly i lean town on [penguin, charloux,
alisae
, maybe catboi?]

i think im getting close to the point of d1 where i get tired of talking and i just want to yeet someone

VOTE:
marashu

could vote
kitty
ig if people strongly would rather do that but i prefer this
idk what to do with this I feel like maybe more relevant than any of the reads is the timing of this? let me go look at what the wagons were like here.

I would be a bit surprised if the top two rows were all town, even if fire has been somewhat notably making correct townreads.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4620 (isolation #129) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:24 am

Yes. {Bear, Dann, FA, Val} and {Mastina, Bell, Misty, Titus} are the rows in question, implying one scum in Bear, Dann, boy, Bell.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4621 (isolation #130) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:31 am

In post 1221, PenguinPower wrote:
Penguin's Unofficial votecount because it's been 19 hours[7]
Marashu
: SCRRRDBEAR, PenguinPower, fireisredsir, Cephrir, NorwegianboyEE, Dannflor, Titus
[4]
NorwegianboyEE
: mastina, Something_Smart, Bell, KittyTacky
[3]
KittyTacky
: Datisi, Mistyx, Alisase
[2]
Alisae
: Val89, Marashu
[1]
Datisi
: Frozen Angel
[1]
Titus
: Charloux
[1]
Dannflor
: catboi

[1]
Not Voting
: Shiro

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to YEET.

Day one ends in (expired on 2022-10-30 12:12:34).
Oh ok. This makes me want to vote Toogeloo.

I was already thinking that Ali's interactions with Norwee were suspect and I didn't want to forget that mastina tied them together, and then it turns out that fire helped to kickstart the Marashu wagon and look who it was a counterwagon to. (The Norwee wagon in this VC is also likely entirely green.)

Problem being-- this conflicts with my theory that the leaders were all town. But, and I hope I'm not rationalizing here, I do think that a scumteam with Toogeloo is less likely to make the mechanically optimal play. Though I'd expect that fire, armed with the knowledge that Misty was active, wouldn't kill the mason? Possibly they thought that Bear was the more obvious watch target.

There's also the question of 3 scum in one hood; I feel like Ydrasse probably rolled hood occupants randomly, and probably wouldn't reroll a 3-scum hood, but I'm not 100% on either of those.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4622 (isolation #131) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:33 am

In post 4071, Toogeloo wrote:I did in fact lie.
maniacal laugh

It was a unanimous vote for bear yesterday.

VOTE: Datisi
hmm I think this is towny?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4623 (isolation #132) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:33 am

In post 4099, Toogeloo wrote:Also, I am opposed to eliminating any further Wind Clan for now. Math is actively trying to solve in the Wind PT and it's a bad push, from my PoV.
But then there's this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4625 (isolation #133) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:47 am

In post 1473, mastina wrote:I'm gonna do this a bit differently, instead of town to scum doing strength.

Dann
/
Datisi
/
catboi
are genuinely never scum here. Ever.
When I say that, I am not exaggerating. I have played it out in my head countless times. I've looked for literally any sign whatsoever.
I've scrutinized every interaction that I've seen from them, and genuinely.
There is zero doubt. No paranoia. None. Not a drop.

I know that I usually exaggerate. I know that I usually am hyperbolic. That when I day a read is 100%, it's not REALLY 100^, I'm just leaving out the small voices of doubt behind the read.

When I say they are 100% town, I mean 100% TOWN. I genuinely don't see the scum. It’s not there. I'm looking for it. But no matter how I slice it. They're just...town.

Next,
Alisae
and
Norwee
are both scum.
I genuinely don't see them as town. I've looked. It’s not there. I can't find the townness. All I can see is the scum.
However, I admit it's possible that I just can't see the town in them. I am telling you that they are 100% scum, genuinely no paranoia.

Below that is
FA
. Removing the shroud of 100%, the actual number is more like 90%, and removing the same shroud, the this-is-town is closer to 85%. I still need to do the research, since it's fully possible she can legit be 100% in her town meta with me 100% certain. But I need to do the research there.

Bell
Marashu
Mistyx
are the next step down. Estimate of 75%. They have very very very strong, compelling reasons to be town, it's just that unlike the holy Trinity, I DO have paranoia. I was hiding it before, but it's there. It exists, and is the remaining 25%. Where my reasons could be wrong and the scummier aspects that briefly pinged were right.
But if this were a readslist, I'd still list them as locktown.

Fire
might be up with them, but I forget the reason why. I know that part of it is "fire isn’t acting like Cafe him, therefore town", but I had reasons for townlocking him beyond that. If I remember them, will get back to you on him.

Charloux
I have no clue where to place tbh.

The next definitive placements are
Something Smart
and
Cephrir
. I had one as SLIGHTLY higher than the other while writing this mentally, but I can't remember which was higher right now because they're that close in comparative strength, at about 60% for SS scum, Ceph town.
(Note for percentages: 50% isn’t null, null is 0%. So 60% isn’t "just 10% higher than default", it's 60% higher than default.)

The rest, don't honestly know percentage wise.
Bear
Charlpux
Shiro
, and
Shiidaji
I all loosely think are town, but fucked if I know by how much.
Fire jumped on mastina's wagon soon after this post. The competing wagons were Datisi and Norwee. Presumably there was at least one town they could have jumped on instead (and they didn't list either as a townread), so there was a reason they wanted mastina gone. I'm not sure that Ali being scum qualifies-- mastina was pushing Norwee first, and if Norwee were to flip town, mastina would lose enough credibility that Ali probably wouldn't be under major threat.

From this mastina post alone, I'd guess first that fire was protecting Norwee, and secondarily that they were protecting Datisi. But, knowing that basically nobody took mastina's locktown reads seriously, I think the protecting-Datisi theory is plausible, perhaps even more plausible than the Norwee one if you take the leader thing into account.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4626 (isolation #134) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:55 am

Fire says that Datisi is townier at multiple points but never lists him as town in a read list. Bonus: fire getting called out by Bear for having a superficial reason to townread Datisi that doesn't make sense, and then walking it back.

VOTE: Datisi

Let's start here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4628 (isolation #135) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:00 am

Idk, I don't feel like I'm in a position to make demands? Do whatever you were already going to do. I will certainly read it, especially if it's addressed to me specifically.

Nice beetlejuice tho
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4630 (isolation #136) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:05 am

In post 4629, Datisi wrote:i wasn't gonna do shit tho
Then you have my blessing to continue doing that.

I feel like if you're going to do anything today that convinces me you're town (or town enough to move my vote), it's not going to come from deliberate effort to do the same. So I guess I would say, you are welcome to go out of your way to try to address my concerns, but I wouldn't anticipate that it would change anything since my reasons are mostly unrelated to your posts anyway.

The beetlejuice comment was not serious, hence the strikethrough. Though I do want to know if you just showed up or if you were reading my posts over the past hour and didn't feel like engaging with them, because I do want to hear other people's takes there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4634 (isolation #137) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:13 am

In post 4632, Datisi wrote:i also did have a "huh, s_s making reads? is he scum lol?" thought but idk what to do with it
have we not been over this, like, the entire game?

what's your experience with fire-scum? (I know you saw them in Cafe, not sure how closely you read it though.) Do you think my theory about fire pushing wagons to protect partners is consistent with how they play?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4636 (isolation #138) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:17 am

In post 4633, Datisi wrote:do you have an example of a town game where you do stuff like this? i can't remember one
No, but I have three examples of town games where I was eliminated because nobody could get any sort of decent read on me. TSQ's comments to me in 241 almost made me quit mafia. Instead I decided to do this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4695 (isolation #139) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:38 am

Who did Kitty target again? Presumably scum wouldn't care much about killing a tracker unless scum was getting tracked.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4699 (isolation #140) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:51 am

In post 4696, PenguinPower wrote:Norwe/Toog. Did not target anyone N1
hmMMM.

well that's interesting
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4868 (isolation #141) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:50 pm

In post 4818, Lukewarm wrote:So, if they are then they managed to fool every single townie in this PT lmao
In fairness, if you have three scum in a PT, it's probably not
super
hard to manipulate the remaining townies.

But, your point about Ali subtly leading Norwee is acknowledged.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4950 (isolation #142) » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:36 am

Is there a massclaim order? Presumably Bell should set it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5141 (isolation #143) » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:17 am

wait why didn't I get a prod lol

I'm still waiting until I'm supposed to claim (right?)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5144 (isolation #144) » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:44 am

Did Dann claim? Or are we just saying he doesn't have to?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5148 (isolation #145) » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:31 pm

Tawnypaw/Tawnypelt, odd-night roleblocker once activated.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5366 (isolation #146) » Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:52 am

Being salty about not being given the warrior ceremony yesterday.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5378 (isolation #147) » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:20 am

if I am not limmed today, and I am not the one who would be limmed in elo, then it's much better to lim in F4, because if I block correctly I can save the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5487 (isolation #148) » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:04 pm

In post 5419, Cephrir wrote:what is to stop scum from shooting every significant source of town power
the mason doctors?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5489 (isolation #149) » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:06 pm

In post 5478, the worst wrote:so one weird role is still alive but SS' feels bizarrely overpowered
how is my role overpowered? it's pretty weak while there's more than one scum alive
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5490 (isolation #150) » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:07 pm

In post 5483, the worst wrote:i still kinda think, irrespective, we should do SS' warrior ceremony and try to go into d10 f3
Doesn't this require trusting me? You'd have to lim two people who aren't me, and if I'm scum I just win the next night.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5492 (isolation #151) » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:41 pm

Well yes it's powerful now. But I assume the "weirdly" part meant he didn't think it fit in the setup? But it's really not stronger than e.g. a one-shot cop.

It's also worth noting that, if I'm scum, this claim could have backfired if I had been promoted last night. I would have been forced to clear someone.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5504 (isolation #152) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:59 am

In post 5501, Lukewarm wrote:I think that he meant kill someone today.

Day 9 is 4 alive, no kill

You try to stop the kill night 9.

If the kill happens, then your target is cleared in 3p elo, you and your non-target cross.

If the kill does not happen, then you and your target cross.
That doesn't work, there's no reason for anyone to ever kill on N9.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5509 (isolation #153) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:29 am

In post 5507, Lukewarm wrote:1)What is your set up spec on whether the game is more balanced with scum having 1 leader + 4 apprentices vs all apprentices?
Larges are impossible to balance. I don't know, it really depends on what mood the mod/reviewers were in.
2)If you could kill any 2 people who would it be?
Why should I answer this? Even if I include a disclaimer that the answer doesn't mean anything, people are still going to ignore that and act like it means something.

This just isn't the same game that I was playing on D1 and D2. I can't read any of the people here and the important clues I have from earlier days are contradictory and I can't sort them out because all of the people involved are no longer part of the game. We have almost no wagon information and NK information because most actions by both sides were forced. I don't trust myself to read anyone based on actions taken when there's only one scum left, especially these people, none of whom I've ever read properly (I think?).

The only thing I think I might be able to do is rule out 1 or 2 slots based on how they treated the Junko wagon. I really wasn't interested in engaging with Junko because she recently threw a game, so I missed a lot of the context there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5510 (isolation #154) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:35 am

In post 5505, Lukewarm wrote:Maybe the strategy that is being presented is flawed, but your post did not align with the suggestion at all.
I was being deliberately obtuse. Sorry. My proposal is only a "F3" on D10 in the sense that there may be three people alive on that day (but the game will already be solved, if it doesn't end).

We don't have to discuss this more. But 5501 will not work. And at the very least, we need it worked out by the start of D9, so people do not blitz a no-lim if we don't want them to.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5531 (isolation #155) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:16 am

In post 5511, Lukewarm wrote:Dude, I am literally just trying to figure out your PoE, because I have no idea what you are thinking about this game.

IF you don't want to name 2 names, give me one. Or even just vote. Am asking you questions to get you to play the game that we are playing.
You do have an idea of what I'm thinking-- it's not like I'm sitting on super spicy secret reads and refusing to share them. I don't want to get into trouble grasping at straws that I can't justify. And I'm willing to make an effort, but solving this late is already really hard and the constant replacements make it harder. But it is getting to be holiday season, so I don't really want to comb through posts for hours to get 1% better reads.

My first thought is furtive, because multiple people have pointed out the Ali/Norwee interactions. And I want to say that if the leaders were all town more of them would be dead by now, though scum has spent the last 5? nights killing confirmed townies, so I'm not sure when they really would have had time for that. And I do remember that someone said Ali/Norwee was absolutely not S/S, though I forget who.

I have been perennially conflicted on Ceph. He seems like he's really determined to keep me in the PoE but he's never wanted to really lead the charge against me? I don't know if that's scum indicative but it scares me because I've been thoroughly sick of supposedly being townread and then having that suddenly just vanish and people mislim me without caring at all about what I have to say. This has happened in my last three towngames, and I feel like he's trying to encourage it here. If he's scum I would imagine his plan is to try to lim me in elo/melo.

In fact, I think that's scum's plan, whoever they are. I was already considering suggesting this, but I think it makes even more sense the more I think about it-- I would like people to commit to limming me either today, or not at all. Because scum are going to be incentivized to push on me pretty hard tomorrow, or else they have to effectively dodge an extra lim.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5536 (isolation #156) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:34 am

With all due respect, if a hood is 3/5 scum (or 3/6 I guess, though most of the interactions happened before Titus joined iirc?), I don't really trust the other 2 townies to be able to correctly read hood interactions.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5539 (isolation #157) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:42 am

I can definitely see Ali treating T3 way differently from Norwee, if all three of them were partnered and in a hood.

I don't have a good track record of reading Dann or tw. I did feel that tw and I didn't really connect in the hood the way I was hoping when he repped in, partially my fault for not continuing the conversation, but it could be that he was nervous about having a prolonged 1-on-1 interaction with me. Dann I think has been largely meh, I can go read his interactions with catboi in the hood though, because I'd imagine they would try some fancy stuff but I don't really recall that happening?

Dann did share with us, unprompted, that fire was given the warrior ceremony. I don't know that that means anything, but I guess it's a bit weird that he did it out of the blue? (Not even a "do you all think I should share with you who we voted on?")
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5549 (isolation #158) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:48 am

In post 5541, Freedom wrote:Did you not read the worst's strategy?
He literally told scum to NK you by giving you a ceremony today.
He's literally trying to get rid of you while pretending that he doesn't.
If scum are going to NK me, it doesn't matter whether I get the ceremony today or tomorrow. If I survive until N9, I'm getting the ceremony regardless, it would be basically a throw not to give it to me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5550 (isolation #159) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:50 am

In post 5545, Lukewarm wrote:SS, if you don't want to take the time to do back reads, why are you not voting?

Is there something else you are waiting for to vote toDay?
I mean I can still talk about the game and look back at specific events without doing a close reread. It certainly seems like the discussion right now is productive.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5552 (isolation #160) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:53 am

In post 5546, the worst wrote:er
you posted like twice
I threw some vca and speculative thoughts out and a couple of questions and you never responded
our disconnect here is not on me - and I'm pretty quick to self criticise.

this is a decent part of why I'm still wary of you btw, going strictly by the thread I think you're usually town, I'm just quite stunned that you didn't put the energy into us clicking.
yeah going back and looking you posted more there than I remembered. I wanted to address what you said but I think it would have required sitting down and thinking more than I was able to do during that ~24 hours.

maybe it was just that what you posted wasn't really what I was excited to engage with.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5577 (isolation #161) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:47 pm

Can you still vote for warrior ceremony?

If so warrior me. Otherwise scum-furtive can kill Luke, claim to be warrioring me, and then actually not do it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5765 (isolation #162) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:11 pm

In post 5760, Freedom wrote:Though, I genuinely think that S_S shouldn't have gotten activated on an even Day, as it greatly reduced the usefulness of his role and effectively left Town defenceless and the game a lot easier to win for scum.
It would have been right for you to kill me even if I hadn't been activated on D8. Because I obviously would have been on D9.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5767 (isolation #163) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:19 pm

Yeah. And I was fine with that. I was obviously pretty lost, and it took me off the table as an elo mislim.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”