fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2220 (isolation #200) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2216, Meuh wrote:
In post 2214, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2212, Meuh wrote:
In post 2210, fireisredsir wrote:i think he's just had pure thought process and approach all game and has been generally pushing in good directions, and trying to shut down pushes on what i think are town

i don't really see any reason to scumread him unless maybe your name is baltar and your role pm is green but even then i still think he's probably town
I guess if you're more weary of VPB than I am that makes more sense, for me that push has been the staple of Midway's gameplay so it irks me
im both wary and weary
English is my second language you meanie...
i was saying you were still correct!!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2311 (isolation #201) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:39 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2305, UNOwen wrote:
In post 2228, Shirou wrote: @Unowen your leafs are dazzling and I would like you to come be part of the MariaR/Furt wagon family. What would it take for this dream of mine to be realized?
Flattery has got you 80% of the way. What do you think of Ydrasse? I have a feeling she's scum.
can you give reasons please? i usually find your reasoning behind your reads to be fairly solid and well thought-out as town, even if you're generally quiet about it. so i would like to hear it
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2324 (isolation #202) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:20 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2316, Shirou wrote:I dislike both fire/ydra insistence on hard town reading MariaR/Furt
i don't hard town furtive. i thought ausuka was scummy early and then maybe towny later. furtive has been meh

shea seemed towny and also unaligned with ari. maria entrance was kinda scummy but she's been better lately

i don't really want to vote them bc i haven't seen any convincing reason besides "i said so"
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2329 (isolation #203) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:28 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i listen to reasons for reads not ultimatums
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2343 (isolation #204) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2335, Meuh wrote:I think option 2 is the most likely by a fair margin, because I can't really find a real incentive for Ari to be protecting her teammate at that point in time, especially Ausuka. and the alternative of Ari/Shirou needs to cross the hurdle of Shirou being scum in the first place which I doubt. Plus, this would also mean that Shirou is literally bussing his entire team, which like, bold, and also I'd expect him to be hard towncasing me right now if that was the case because I could always wind up getting scumread and ruining his entire plan. and on top of it all, Ari was scumreading Cakez to try to distance, right? So I'd find it odd for her to take the opposite approach to other teammates.

So I guess Ausuka's probably just town? Like their posting irks me in several ways but interactions with scum are much more meaningful than weird posts so I can't really see scum!Furtive fit into the picture
I honestly entered Ausuka's ISO wanting to end up scumreading them so I could confidently help out Shirou's push but uh, nope
I also wanted to check out every post from Ausuka/Furtive but I don't feel like it anymore, especially now seeing Ari's stance.
If anyone has a different perspective on Ari/Ausuka please do share because those posts speak volumes to me here
i don't think it would be at all unlikely for ari to defend partner ausuka there, and actually imo slightly tilts +scum to me

taking the opposite approach to two different scum partners seems totally reasonable and i don't know why you'd rule it out? i really doubt that just bc ari was bussing cakez that she would bus her whole team. i think scum literally always have incentive to defend their partners, ausuka was picking up a decent amount of suspicion around that point and ari successfully defused shirou's scumread there

in turing test in scum pt ari talked with scum partner roden about a distinct meta tell she thought he had and how he should respond in order to get townread, and then shared the meta tell in thread

she was attacking roden there more i think but then backed off. i think it's very believable that she would defend ausuka especially if they were in communication in the scum pt about what ari believed to be ausuka's meta
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2344 (isolation #205) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

furtive does have somewhat similar vibes to his replace in during house of the dragon which i wrongly scumread him for so idk
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2347 (isolation #206) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i thought it was a good point
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2349 (isolation #207) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

furtive was very survival focused in datisis cafe but i think he can be that way as town too was kinda what i was thinking when i referenced house of the dragon

it is true here tho that there is less incentive for town to be strictly survival oriented bc its possible your partner can be scum

ig whats hard is sorting through whether furtive's strong townread on maria is out of necessity or if it's a genuine read. if it's a genuine read then it's understandable that he would be survival focused, and i also think it's understandable that he would have that read
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2351 (isolation #208) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2348, Save The Dragons wrote:Ty

That better not be a pocket attempt because I would cry
it could be but it isn't this time

you can cry if you want to for the hypothetical universe where i am scum in which i would probably also make that post
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2353 (isolation #209) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i don't think shirou is also scum, no. but i think ari could have had the convo in advance with ausuka, and maybe prepped her with the point of like "i would expect you to omgus pretty hard on the first person who suspects you btw" and then when it happened she came in ready with the meta case

i don't think it's for sure that it happened that way but i think it's believable having seen how she interacts with her partners and plans around them
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2355 (isolation #210) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:25 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

part of why i thought ari was scummy d1 was that she was mostly focused on the dance/romance aspect and said she didn't want to take things seriously at all but then there were a couple little moments where it felt like she stepped outside of that role and made a point to push someone away or towards a certain read and the way she did it felt motivated

that was one of those times imo, ill look and remind myself what the others were one sec
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2362 (isolation #211) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:38 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

Spoiler:
In post 427, Aristeia wrote:Maybe its slightly +town to be so open about all this. his mindset feels very open.

"romance is dead and I'm here to hit on everyone"
In post 432, Aristeia wrote:
In post 429, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 427, Aristeia wrote:Maybe its slightly +town to be so open about all this. his mindset feels very open.

"romance is dead and I'm here to hit on everyone"
who are you talking about here?
tsq
In post 439, Aristeia wrote:I dont think Shirou's scumread of Ausuka is really scum-motivated because shading in the paired ladies doesnt really help shirou get paired?

If he was scum trying to push a scumread atp I'd expect him to be shading in the unpaired ladies.
In post 472, Aristeia wrote:I don't think there's a real gain for scum!ausuka to push shirou!town here because if it works, shirou gets left out, and that just signal boosts the scumread on Ausuka?

the comparison you're making shea is different because scum!ausuka in pictures needs to elim you to win the game.
In post 474, Aristeia wrote:
In post 471, Shirou wrote:
In post 468, Aristeia wrote:she does bristle as town when she gets pushed
Oh really? That's actually a bummer, it makes it a bit more unlikely that she's scum perhaps. Not yet convinced she isn't though.

this is the last time i pushed ausuka town in d1;

viewtopic.php?p=13463519#p13463519

she is pretty quick on the omgus button
In post 827, Aristeia wrote:
In post 820, Irrel wrote:When Shirou and Ausuka were going at it I found Aristeia’s defense of Ausuka towny

I think??? this is a good take: TSQ as scum would not be so present in the thread on New Years Eve?? This might be dumb but if anyone as I was skimming, he kinda seemed the most like an old guy seated out on his front porch to oversee everything and comment on it all… and that sounds fun to do as town and sounds like hard work to do as scum. And idk my gut says scum doesn’t take on hard work on New Years Eve.

Shirou/Ausuka did very little to help me read either of them, but I thought Shirou saying “I made up the scumread so Meuh would pair with me” was lightly scummy
I think the towniest thing tsq did was like signal amplifying on Ausuka immediately after Shirou pushed her because I don't see why mafia would ever do that to their own dance partner because like ??
In post 1451, Aristeia wrote:why does it even matter what Unowen's alignment is to Baltar at that point in time?

Baltar's a lady. Getting a match is more important than checking to make sure the player he's matching with is town.

If Unowen is mafia, he's getting paired with someone regardless of whether Baltar reads him correctly.
In post 1452, Aristeia wrote:Hypothetically speaking if Baltar is town and Unowen is mafia, how does Baltar scumreading Unowen correctly before the pairing really do anything?

Like let's say Baltar reads Unowen and decides Unowen's mafia.

What's he supposed to do then? If he says no I don't want to dance with you, Unowen!Scum just goes and picks another lady and baltar gets flipped and then ???

If Baltar pairs with Unowen and then decides later in the PT that Unowen is mafia, he can just press leave and Unowen gets flipped.

Like I don't really see a scenario where it's better to be picky instead of just grabbing the first proposal that comes your way unless you want to like endgame and everyone thinks you're town.

ok yeah mostly these + the push on cakez were where i felt the vibes

so that's
- defending shea (ausuka and shea are paired at this point)
- pushing that ausuka and shirou are tvt
- again defending shea
- defending baltar

all of these felt off to me at the time and were a part of why i was scumreading ari. the points were correct but the way she was making them felt like it was motivated

i think it's pretty likely that a standard scum approach to this would be to defend the town that is paired with a scum partner. it's easy to do because you can use your tmi powers to push something that is correct, it doesn't actually implicate you for defending scum, and it helps prevent your scum partners from getting eliminated

im slightly talking myself into a furtive scum world here. i think especially that ari's argument with shea, while probably unaligned with shea, is interesting for the fact that she never really pressured shea at all for it or had any sense of a threat of scumreading him due to the argument. some people have said that the argument felt off, and i think it's possible that this is why. not that she's paired with shea, but that she isn't interested in limming him bc his partner was scum

i also think that similarly the defense of baltar could be motivated to protect owen

thoughts?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2370 (isolation #212) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:42 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

agreed
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2372 (isolation #213) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:48 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

ari's scumgame is good but i think she isn't at all afraid to be straightforward and just push for what she wants

last time i played against her i saw the points at which it looked like she could be making these same types of pushes of scum agenda but i wasn't willing to pull the trigger on it partly bc it seemed like it was almost too blatant (specifically thinking of turing test where she pushed for the kitty towncase right when she needed a dann elim, for those who played/read that)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2378 (isolation #214) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2373, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2372, fireisredsir wrote:ari's scumgame is good but i think she isn't at all afraid to be straightforward and just push for what she wants

last time i played against her i saw the points at which it looked like she could be making these same types of pushes of scum agenda but i wasn't willing to pull the trigger on it partly bc it seemed like it was almost too blatant (specifically thinking of turing test where she pushed for the kitty towncase right when she needed a dann elim, for those who played/read that)
What is this in reference to this game?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2380 (isolation #215) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:01 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2376, Meuh wrote:I did notice Ari defending Shea right before defending Ausuka which now that you bring it up, yeah they're a pair so her behaviour towards them as a group is interesting
Though regarding Shea/Ausuka, do you think the opposite could be true and Shea is the partner while Ausuka is town? I should probably give a second look at that argument between Ari/Shea but last I checked I don't think it looked impossible to be paired. Because I think that's a more likely possibility at this point
I guess it doesn't really matter who the scum is in that group as long as there's one, huh
it's possible yes. i think it's pretty unlikely that shea was scum personally but obviously nothing is 100%. i think it's more likely that her argument with shea (which was about whether cakez was scum or not) had the vibe that it did bc she didnt want to push the pairing.

but yea it doesn't really matter which it is
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2416 (isolation #216) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:16 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2387, UNOwen wrote:
In post 2311, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2305, UNOwen wrote:
In post 2228, Shirou wrote: @Unowen your leafs are dazzling and I would like you to come be part of the MariaR/Furt wagon family. What would it take for this dream of mine to be realized?
Flattery has got you 80% of the way. What do you think of Ydrasse? I have a feeling she's scum.
can you give reasons please? i usually find your reasoning behind your reads to be fairly solid and well thought-out as town, even if you're generally quiet about it. so i would like to hear it
The reason is that her early play looked designed to get partnered by someone, specifically the point about Meuh. The comment on Drapion does not have much of a scum motivation at all really if you think about it, so I'm very unconvinced that Ydrasse was as bothered about it as she's making out. More likely explanation for her zeroing in on it is that she was trying to look proactive and solvy.

That's a tone read which admittedly I could just be interpreting wrongly. I don't think so though. Nothing else she's done points to town. The big post she made on reads a while back looked designed to keep options open ("X could be the case but maybe it's Y" etc.) and her defense of you when you were under pressure looked pretty panicked and not very interested in your alignment.
i agree that some of the early questions felt like they could be a little forced and that was part of my suspicion. but i think looking at the way ari handled different pairings i would much rather look in the ones she defended than in the one that she seemed most like she wanted to yeet?

like you said that she seemed a little bit defensive/panicked when our pairing was under pressure but do you think that makes sense when a lot of the pressure was coming from ari?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2445 (isolation #217) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2436, midwaybear wrote:
In post 2407, Gimli wrote:Meuh's post is way too large and what I read wasn't any good, feels like busywork to me but IDK I just got here
it looked fine to me, and there's no way scum meuh puts that much effort at this stage in the game
i think it's towny more bc it feels like she's genuinely evaluating and isn't trying to push any narrative with it

its a post that's fakeable as scum but it is more likely to be town imo
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2448 (isolation #218) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:14 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

probably yes he would, so no i don't think it does
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2457 (isolation #219) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

btw i did reread where ari started pushing me. and it def was after there was significant pressure on norwee and GL had made it clear that was the lim he wanted

i don't think it's impossible that ari would want to focus on distancing there by trying to push a pair that has scum in it but i also don't think it's the most likely explanation? there were only 4 votes on them and that seems a little early to be heading into antispew. i think the sudden turn onto me makes more sense if she's trying to get a town pairing eliminated

for further context it was also before shirou made the case on maria and there were a couple votes on baltar/owen
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2462 (isolation #220) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i was a little confused by that having no other flavour context

ig it's just assumed that we're at a dance and datisi is up front with a microphone
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2466 (isolation #221) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

what's your thought process for what made you doubt on furtive
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2477 (isolation #222) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:31 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2474, Gimli wrote:are we sure shirou is town? is this thing he is doing outside his scum range etc?
i don't really see why shirou scum throws a fit about demanding that he gets his choice of elim here. doesn't seem like that improves chances of winning
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2485 (isolation #223) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:19 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2483, Gimli wrote:
In post 977, Ausuka wrote:
In post 975, Meuh wrote:I think scum!Ari would back down and basically just tell you that you're right
Meuhhh are you a wolf
i think she's been towny lately but i did also find that series of posts to be very scummy. she was my top scumread along with ari after pairing ended

im now slightly leaning towards feeling that the posts are more likely to be uninformed than not just in the way they come across but idk
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2486 (isolation #224) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:28 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

and again i don't want to criticize ausuka for being right but i think she did have some tmi issues as scum
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2487 (isolation #225) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:30 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

does not really sound to me like she's saying meuh is TMIing ari as town but thats the way she explains it in
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2488 (isolation #226) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:36 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

like maybe im projecting the thought process i had at the time here but sounds like "that is a really bad reason to clear ari and that makes you suspicious" not "you sound like you know ari is town" bc nothing in the quote really sounds like meuh knowing for sure that ari is town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2492 (isolation #227) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:08 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2491, Shirou wrote:Ty, tired of playing edgy thread tyrant I decided to become a cutie pie
it's really cute im a fan :>
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2494 (isolation #228) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:18 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

my ultimatum is ill only do it if you rescind your ultimatum
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2535 (isolation #229) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:49 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2515, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2501, Datisi wrote:UNOwen & VP Baltar [5]: midwaybear, fireisredsir, Ydrasse, MariaR, furtiveglance
Is everyone here voting for me?

This comes across as a wagon meant to save Maria more than I think anyone has made an actual scum case against me, and that says plenty.
my vote is for your pairing

hope this helps
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2602 (isolation #230) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:05 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2579, GuiltyLion wrote:sorry y'all this first week back at work + life kinda kicked my ass, I have not read since last time I was here

I will definitely definitely play today

can someone tl;dr the Baltar/UNOwen wagon in the mean time
I don't think I've felt scumvibes from either
the thing i feel most compelled by at the moment is the places where ari chose to step out of her way to push an idea into the thread

and thinking about why she would choose to do that in those instances

i talked about it a bit in and a few surrounding posts and came away from that thinking that the places where there was most likely to be scum (maybe two) is in furtive/maria+owen/baltar pairings
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2603 (isolation #231) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:07 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2587, furtiveglance wrote:Baltar leaving if town would probably be protown yeah. The nightkill would be interesting
wdym about the nightkill

why would leaving make it more interesting
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2607 (isolation #232) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:10 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2604, furtiveglance wrote:Your insight is that both main wagons could have mafia
yes. earlier i thought you found the point about owen/baltar compelling enough for you to vote there?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2609 (isolation #233) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:13 am

Post by fireisredsir »

im just confused what your point is. do you think my conclusion is opportunistic/scummy?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2610 (isolation #234) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:13 am

Post by fireisredsir »

im just confused what your point is. do you think my conclusion is opportunistic/scummy?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2614 (isolation #235) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:16 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2613, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2609, fireisredsir wrote:im just confused what your point is. do you think my conclusion is opportunistic/scummy?
I don't think so

You can consider my post a meme if you want
it just seems like a weird thing to say if you also think that the main wagons contain scum
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2632 (isolation #236) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:59 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2630, MariaR wrote:Yes, he's blantantly trying to stay alive. I don't think he's the worst in the thread though by far and I'm curious if it's wolves pushing him cause they know they can't push me.
do you really think wolves "know they can't push you"

thats kinda hard to believe even for you
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2633 (isolation #237) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:00 am

Post by fireisredsir »

it doesn't even make sense in this context bc its a dance and they could push furtive
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2637 (isolation #238) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:09 am

Post by fireisredsir »

oh it sounded like that was all about vp but i missed what it was responding to
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2642 (isolation #239) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:18 am

Post by fireisredsir »

im waiting for GL still
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2644 (isolation #240) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:22 am

Post by fireisredsir »

kinda still think owen/baltar is more likely tho
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2692 (isolation #241) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

furtive has felt towny to me as well at times and im not really sure that the things that seem scummy are actually scummy for him (which worries me a little), most of my concerns there are about how ari played around the pairing
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2693 (isolation #242) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:59 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i very likely would leave prior to endgame if we don't win by then fwiw
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2694 (isolation #243) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

my main reason for wanting furtive/owen is based around Ari's play and even though i think it is important to look at, im kinda hesitant to base decisions off predictions of what scum were trying to do bc i could easily just be wrong on what her priorities were
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2704 (isolation #244) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i think town and scum can both be frustrated by being scumread due to things that are out of their control tbh
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2705 (isolation #245) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

although in a dance game it does seem a little weirder for town bc there is always a decent chance you get elimmed for something you can't control (your partner)

so focusing on that does seem a little more survival focused than most town are

which we've kinda already covered that furtive is on another tier of survivalism compared to most town and its possible that he just is that way as town but i think it is less likely and probably the one thing i do find suspicious about him
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2707 (isolation #246) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:24 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2706, GuiltyLion wrote:I actually do think the gamestate feels like FB is decent odds of scum.
who knew his master plan to get you to suspect him could be accomplished by just disappearing
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2709 (isolation #247) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:34 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

from datisi's cafe:
In post 2951, furtiveglance wrote:Pagetopping this because I'm so important:

Please don't kill me I'm way too young. I still have so much more to give. I am just now getting into my stride. I am extremely desperate. I am willing to transfer you Furtcoin.
this post still makes me laugh but it is a furtive scum post

from house of the dragon:
In post 4947, furtiveglance wrote:Here's an argument and a desperate self pres vote:

Datisi town flip: We have 3 confirmed Town, max 1 dies in the night
Datisi scum flip: We have 1 dead Mafia (good in itself), and we know that he (probably) tried to clear 1 other Mafia (looking at LLD)

Me town flip: wow he was a bad player, get better furtiveglance (even though I literally voted for both flipped scum and put my life on the line TWICE idk what you want from me at this point)
but he was pretty openly self-pres as town too and also used the "but i voted scum!" argument

idk
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2710 (isolation #248) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:39 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2701, furtiveglance wrote:Well my point is that fire's reason for voting me is nothing to do with me
im also not voting you lol
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2712 (isolation #249) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

can you bake them longer
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2714 (isolation #250) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:45 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

idk if ausuka was really a universal townread. she was a mildly popular scumread early i felt
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2716 (isolation #251) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:48 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

can you talk about what brought you to confident townreads on ydra/std/gimli?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2718 (isolation #252) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:55 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i was wondering cause it seems like your solving is pretty poe based. and usually that requires some confidence on the people that you aren't considering as possible scum
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2719 (isolation #253) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:56 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i agree on std and gimli fwiw i think they both have just vibed as town lately. but there must be some reason that you aren't considering ydrasse as scum?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2720 (isolation #254) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:57 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2575, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2565, MariaR wrote:Man back in my day dance pts had like 500 posts plus I miss them
I think I missed you in our PT as well

Or did you want me to do like 495 posts
also im wondering, this seems like it implies maria hasn't been that active in the pt, is that right?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2723 (isolation #255) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:00 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

Spoiler:
In post 2273, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2270, Gimli wrote:furtive, what's your read on maria?
Seems really town to me. Really town. Not just saying that because I want to live, in the PT Maria is very towny
In post 2334, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2331, Shirou wrote:The above is dramatic and toxic, sorry.

But I am going crazy here getting into arguments with people about MariaR, haven't been able to concentrate on stuff outside of the game and etc. I need to disconnect myself from this game if I am not getting MariaR flip ever (What sounds like it's gonna happen? You all want to kill the people that can/do cast votes on her).

If the pair needs to die eventually anyway, why not now?

If you think the pair is t/t...well, I disagree and don't know how to engage this game freshly with that perspective on mind. So I may be the problem and need to chill out.
Idk man like I said before MariaR seems really town to me, in the PT and in the main thread. Only completed game with Maria is schadd's Large Normal (towngame) and I townread her quite early. If I'm wrong I'm a clown but that's the nature of mafia.
In post 2363, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2349, fireisredsir wrote:furtive was very survival focused in datisis cafe but i think he can be that way as town too was kinda what i was thinking when i referenced house of the dragon

it is true here tho that there is less incentive for town to be strictly survival oriented bc its possible your partner can be scum

ig whats hard is sorting through whether furtive's strong townread on maria is out of necessity or if it's a genuine read. if it's a genuine read then it's understandable that he would be survival focused, and i also think it's understandable that he would have that read
Yes I know we're not Masons, but I townread Maria. You guys aren't in our PT, so you don't know.
In post 2365, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2350, Save The Dragons wrote:I guess I'd like to see receipts on how he got there
Is this about me on Maria?

Tone: Solving in thread, and has a consistent and compelling gameview in the PT

Logic/VCA: Was a counter to scum yesterday

this just really makes it sound to me like she has more than 5 posts whats up with that

it seems hard to even have a consistent and compelling gameview in only 5 posts
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2730 (isolation #256) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:07 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

the way you described your townread earlier you said "you guys aren't in our PT, so you don't know"

i just find it kinda hard to believe that 5 or 8 posts or whatever would be strong enough to make you say that kind of thing and have it be a real basis for a read
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2735 (isolation #257) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

having a small pt isn't suspicious to be clear

me and ydra have like 50 posts and most of them are about music

but both of us when asked about it have said that it was not getting used and there wasn't anything useful in it

you said that maria's posting in the pt was strong enough that it was a major part of your townread on her and when questioned on the read you fell back on the PT as an explanation

that seems pretty disconnected
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2742 (isolation #258) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2737, furtiveglance wrote:Bad play I agree
are you saying you did misrepresent your pt
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2743 (isolation #259) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:14 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2741, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2706, GuiltyLion wrote:the towniest thing IMO is that his solve is just bad unless he is town and I feel like scum in his shoes would be trying harder than just pointing fingers at the LHF slots (Enchant, FB, Owen)
wait how am i low hanging fruit.
firebringer dance game teamsolve possibly 0/3 = must be scum = low hanging fruit
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2746 (isolation #260) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:15 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

working is illegal we're here to dance
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2747 (isolation #261) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:16 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2744, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2742, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2737, furtiveglance wrote:Bad play I agree
are you saying you did misrepresent your pt
Only thing I'm guilty of is naivete, maybe I put too much faith in too little. But you know what it's like, first time dancing in a mafia forum, it felt real to me
im confused

do you still think the posting by her was towny or not
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2753 (isolation #262) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:30 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i think it's somewhat shady bc it wasn't an outright lie but it did conveniently come at a time when there was a lot of suspicion on maria and people were asking for reasons for a townread there

i think exaggerating the towniness of the pt in that situation makes some sense for scum to do
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2764 (isolation #263) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:44 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2761, Firebringer wrote:i think scum are gonna kill ydra/fire pair tonight.
I woner how good that prediction will hold up considering my past predictions.
that would be somewhat dumb of them
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2776 (isolation #264) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:16 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2765, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2764, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2761, Firebringer wrote:i think scum are gonna kill ydra/fire pair tonight.
I woner how good that prediction will hold up considering my past predictions.
that would be somewhat dumb of them
only because ur saying ur going to leave before ELO.
99% certain ur a town pair.
true. hey scum btw i was kidding im never leaving ydra we're in it to the end you'll have to nk us if you want to get rid of us
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2777 (isolation #265) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2775, Shirou wrote:We only have 3 days and half though until deadline. Can we wrap up this day tomorrow or so?
probably tonight tbh
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2779 (isolation #266) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:32 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

ydrasse, my dancing partner so sublime
i can't express just what you mean to me
ill love you madly til the end of time
and how you set my caged heart flying free

our time together has been short but sweet
with kpop shared and loving vows exchanged
in only days you've swept me off my feet
each night im grateful our dance was arranged

with that in mind id really like to say
that you have fully captured all my heart
a nightkill truly is the only way
our souls will ever become torn apart

i am not pocketed, i'm not naive
and scum should know that i will never leave
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2917 (isolation #267) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:44 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ok ngl i was a little worried about firebringer just because i felt we were running out of slots that i thought could be scum

so that solves that i guess

VOTE: baltar/owen
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2922 (isolation #268) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:48 am

Post by fireisredsir »

what brings you to std
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2928 (isolation #269) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:49 am

Post by fireisredsir »

hm
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2929 (isolation #270) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:50 am

Post by fireisredsir »

why midway
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2950 (isolation #271) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:55 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2933, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2925, Ydrasse wrote:fire and i already are on the same page p much of sort of trusting another but hoping another pair can town it up a lot so we can just trust in them more so please get to it

VOTE: vpb/owen
This seems scummy and trying to power through a yeet before discussion.

I'd be interested to hear why fire thinks ydra is town
i don't, i was saying "hm" at that summary

idk if even "sort of trusting" is accurate. more of an agreement that we can try to townhunt for now to find a pair that is townier than us bc we both think that's probably easier than finding each other as town

i already told her i was gonna leave but i hoped that i was wrong and that we can win before then
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2960 (isolation #272) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:59 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2957, Save The Dragons wrote:gimli you should compare the two isos in the dance PT

in HDP ydrasse did absolutely nothing here she's a lot more solvey imo
in hdp she paired with IC and literally tried to scumslip, she wasn't trying to endgame

i think she is at times more solvey yes but i don't think it's the best comparison and this isn't out of range
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2962 (isolation #273) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:00 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2945, Enchant wrote:midway showed undeniable evidence that he is town in PT
i feel like this is a meme but please share with the class
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2964 (isolation #274) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:03 am

Post by fireisredsir »

hmmmm
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2975 (isolation #275) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:09 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2972, Save The Dragons wrote:can i sell anyone on meuh
go for it
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2980 (isolation #276) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:10 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2973, UNOwen wrote:
In post 2929, fireisredsir wrote:why midway
I had him as pretty town but there were a couple of problems that I picked up on reviewing ISO and the initial Enchant/Cakez decision still bugs me
If you consider VPB town (which I was assuming for the review) then his content starts to look pretty bad, he has been tunneling non stop

Considering end of choosing, there's no reason for midway to just sit around and do nothing when he gets rejected. He doesn't try to convince Enchant, he doesn't try to get a read on Cakez, he looked like scum who had a plan that just got deflated. Ari then tried to push Enchant into accepting. Cakez initial reaction was overdone and looked a little like theatre. midway does point out the possibility that he's scum who planned to take enchant as an obvtown ticket which is the big point in his favour but could just be WIFOM

Elsewhere he had a mysterious Ari pocket scumread that I can't find much of an explanation for and his position on Firebringer was looked pretty shifty to me in this sequence of posts , and
ill reread with this in mind i think it's potentially compelling

UNVOTE:
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2990 (isolation #277) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:18 am

Post by fireisredsir »

idk on scum midway it just seems wild to me to pair with someone who at the time of pairing has basically left the thread and given up on the game

and is also known for impulsive hammering and also gets yeeted a lot

like yea you get some cred for killing a scum cakez but it's a pretty unstable position and you are tying yourself to enchant who almost never endgames and might just leave

ehhh i guess though that the alternative would be pairing s/s which... also probably never endgames. so hmm
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2991 (isolation #278) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:20 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2989, midwaybear wrote:alright. first of all: all scum on wagon yesterday
and I wasn't on wagon
why are you sure of this

i think that wagon was always happening once shirou refused to play the game
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3001 (isolation #279) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:25 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2994, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 2990, fireisredsir wrote:idk on scum midway it just seems wild to me to pair with someone who at the time of pairing has basically left the thread and given up on the game

like yea you get some cred for killing a scum cakez but it's a pretty unstable position and you are tying yourself to enchant who almost never endgames and might just leave

ehhh i guess though that the alternative would be pairing s/s which... also probably never endgames. so hmm
wrt the enchant meta
has midway ever played a game with enchant to know that info because i think he was gone for like a year?
i assume he'd be aware enough of it from scum pt if he were scum but idk ig maybe nobody told him? it still seems like a thing where they'd be trying to strategize about how to deal with this situation
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3004 (isolation #280) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:27 am

Post by fireisredsir »

wouldn't it be funny tho if it was midway/shirou and like the whole game was centered around getting cred for killing cakez
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3009 (isolation #281) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:35 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3007, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2990, fireisredsir wrote:idk on scum midway it just seems wild to me to pair with someone who at the time of pairing has basically left the thread and given up on the game

Yeah, but in a midway/cakez scum world where Ari saying "we need to bus," I think picking a disillusioned enchant isn't a terrible play. It's risky, but so is a S/S pairing with cakez, who IDK has ever endgamed as scum that I've seen.
yes that was my end paragraph conclusion
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3018 (isolation #282) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:41 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3011, Gimli wrote:Ok then @dragons
All her work feels like scum busywork but her energy is towny? Which might mean she is scum. You have experience with meuh, dragons?
i have experience with meuh and i think she's p good at replicating energy but is somewhat busy-work-y as scum

i don't think she's really had a scum performance she's super proud of yet but i think she's also capable of more than she's shown

but i also used similar arguments to this to misyeet her when she was town so idk

the thing i keep holding onto is feeling like she seemed uninformed at times
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3032 (isolation #283) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:50 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3026, UNOwen wrote:
In post 2950, fireisredsir wrote: i don't, i was saying "hm" at that summary

idk if even "sort of trusting" is accurate. more of an agreement that we can try to townhunt for now to find a pair that is townier than us bc we both think that's probably easier than finding each other as town

i already told her i was gonna leave but i hoped that i was wrong and that we can win before then
I feel like you telling Ydrasse that you were going to leave would inform a lot of how she would approach the game as scum (i.e. "let's just try and find a more town pair" idea, did she push that independently or was it after you suggested that you didn't trust her to endgame?) Or was it your idea?
yes i was aware of that while telling her and also told her i was aware of that

we kinda both brought it up. i was the first one to explicitly say that i thought it would be easier to find another town pair than be confident on her, but she was the one who first brought up the subject of leaving and not being the final pair
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3040 (isolation #284) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:56 am

Post by fireisredsir »

basically ydra asked if i would be mad if she left, and also if i wanted to try to be the last pair remaining

and then i said that i wanted to find a better final town pair than us and be firm on leaving so that she'd have to play around that if she's scum lol

and then from there we mostly agreed on direction and where we needed to find town and why, and then we proceeded to not actually solve much of anything overnight lmao

the initial question from her wasn't really implying a stance on being the final pair or not so it is possible that she adjusted based on my answer but it's also believable that she was implying the same thing all along
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3049 (isolation #285) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:01 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ydra said in pt at start of last night that gimli had been really towny lately and i agreed cause i had been feeling the same vibes
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3062 (isolation #286) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:12 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2927, UNOwen wrote:I also think midway/ydrasse is the likely solve if VPB is town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3078 (isolation #287) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:35 am

Post by fireisredsir »

what about this is in no world your scumgame
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3083 (isolation #288) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:57 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3079, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3078, fireisredsir wrote:what about this is in no world your scumgame
Why would I do so many things to make myself look bad? I would never overcommit like that on a defense of ari when it seemed likely norwee was going to be a lim, and I wouldn't make the fight with shea/Maria so messy, which also makes me look bad.

When I play scum, I have clear goals and agendas, and unless my agenda here is lolgetrecked, should be pretty obvious I'm not scum.
ok but you could have been trying not to look bad and did not succeed. or you could have been trying to look uninformed

your most recent scumgame wasn't exactly pristine as far as "not looking bad" goes
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3139 (isolation #289) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:55 am

Post by fireisredsir »

tf was that i didnt think we were rushing things???
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3145 (isolation #290) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:57 am

Post by fireisredsir »

yes i know and i don't care

im genuinely confused how that happened
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3156 (isolation #291) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:00 am

Post by fireisredsir »

jesus
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3157 (isolation #292) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:00 am

Post by fireisredsir »

please stop
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3167 (isolation #293) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:05 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i would like to reread things
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3177 (isolation #294) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:08 am

Post by fireisredsir »

gimli is being incredibly scummy lately i don't know why you think that
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3180 (isolation #295) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:08 am

Post by fireisredsir »

yes. please
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3186 (isolation #296) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:11 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3039, Gimli wrote:VOTE: baltar
In post 3134, Gimli wrote:this sucks
In post 3136, Gimli wrote:
In post 3135, Meuh wrote:Maybe my secret Gimli/Owen theory is real
kinda wanna kill you next tbh
In post 3140, Gimli wrote:er
In post 3142, Gimli wrote:do we go midway and enchant now
In post 3161, Gimli wrote:MARIA YOUR PLAN ISN'T WORKING
just like the last 30 minutes

i don't buy any of this
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3189 (isolation #297) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:12 am

Post by fireisredsir »

yea and it looks like you're trying to look that way but not actually succeeding
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3193 (isolation #298) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:13 am

Post by fireisredsir »

gimli and meuh have had the scummiest reactions to this but i want to slow down because it also could easily be gimli/ydra trying to power through
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3194 (isolation #299) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:13 am

Post by fireisredsir »

also shirou tbh actually
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3197 (isolation #300) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:14 am

Post by fireisredsir »

which is why i want to slow down bc suddenly all of you look scummy af
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3201 (isolation #301) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:16 am

Post by fireisredsir »

im not confident i think you've been towny all game but the latest reactions have felt really off and sometimes chaotic situations are where scum struggle to keep up appearances
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3205 (isolation #302) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:17 am

Post by fireisredsir »

if i had to press a button to end the game right now with a solve it would be gimli/ydra. but that is like purely gut and i would like to actually reread and sort things out

bc neither shirou or meuh look great here either to me so i don't know
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3208 (isolation #303) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:18 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3204, Meuh wrote:I don't feel great about Gimli but his reactions have been like, fine imo so I don't really get it
Why are they off to you
i don't believe the baltar progression and especially the "this sucks" in that context i think is awful

i don't like jumping to maria bc i don't think most town would actually care about that point

its just kind of all over the place in terms of tone and i don't buy that there's a consistent mindset behind it
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3209 (isolation #304) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:19 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3206, Gimli wrote:
In post 3201, fireisredsir wrote:im not confident i think you've been towny all game but the latest reactions have felt really off and sometimes chaotic situations are where scum struggle to keep up appearances
what do you think of ydrasse? what do you think of ydrasse calling me town after I've been scummy as fuck?
i think she's probably scum but again i want to reread
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3224 (isolation #305) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:23 am

Post by fireisredsir »

huge brain play if scum here tbh
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3229 (isolation #306) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:24 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3227, Gimli wrote:she is not scum we lost
do you know my alignment then
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3232 (isolation #307) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:25 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3230, Ydrasse wrote:fire didn’t get the joke when i asked in the pt if they were scum and the paranoia doesn’t look real shdbdbbdbd
what was the joke??
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3235 (isolation #308) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:26 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i still don't get the joke tbh
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3239 (isolation #309) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:26 am

Post by fireisredsir »

how is that a joke!! i was crabby cause i thought you were scum being fake af
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3297 (isolation #310) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:47 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3288, Ydrasse wrote:also i left to avoid associatives and to not let fire solve
also more chaos is good
i knew it smh
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3301 (isolation #311) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:48 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i just wish that hadn't been rushed through that was very solvable
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3310 (isolation #312) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:50 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3305, Gimli wrote:
In post 3297, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3288, Ydrasse wrote:also i left to avoid associatives and to not let fire solve
also more chaos is good
i knew it smh
I had no idea that was a play btw, I thought she threw
i wasn't confident enough to make the call for everyone to slow down and that it was intentional but i should have
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3321 (isolation #313) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:54 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3315, Gimli wrote:
In post 3310, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3305, Gimli wrote:
In post 3297, fireisredsir wrote:
also more chaos is good
i knew it smh
I had no idea that was a play btw, I thought she threw
i wasn't confident enough to make the call for everyone to slow down and that it was intentional but i should have
I'm sorry for this, fire.
its ok, ik it was chaotic. but imo there's never a need to rush things like that. i just wish it hadn't all happened while i couldn't be that active and so i wasn't able to sort things out as well as i would like to
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3324 (isolation #314) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:55 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3224, fireisredsir wrote:huge brain play if scum here tbh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”