Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Setanta »

So yea just reading back, I don't really see a problem with the self vote, by RBT during the "random voting stage".

I really don't get:
Ser wrote:And who are you to call whether or not the random voting stage is over? And why is the self-vote something to look at?
I mean..surely ending the random stage is good, yea?
And self voting is unusal, it's hardly surprising people wish to look into it.

I find myself agreeing with sir's point against RBT above, in that it's well strange that she finds it "bothersome" that people would react to that?
Don't people usually react to self votes? So I don't see why you'd think it out of the norm really.

Anyway the funeral is tomorrow so I should be back to full acess then :)
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Setanta »

I expect to check in tomorrow, had a busy day today with the funeral etc. So yeah shall offer some thoughts tomorrow hopefully :)

Unvote
for now, as my vote was random.
No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. [i]Never compromise. [/i]
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:00 am

Post by Setanta »

Azhrei wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
raider8169 wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:Protip: Saying "Well the random stage is over so unvote" and not doing anything else is scummy.
If we lynch him, it will be a lesson well learned.

unvote, vote: Slicey
Your willing to lynch someone over just that?
On page 6, it's an excellent reason. Besides, I like to pressure these kinds of players, and he's opened the door.
He's not the only one who's done that, you know. Sentata did, just a couple of posts after him. I feel that lynching someone for that would be a tad over the top, unless they gave us additional reason when pressure was applied.
The situations were a little different though, as Plum pointed out. I was back from LA and felt there was little point in keeping my vote where it was.

And I agree that lynching someone for it would be over the top, but I don't see a problem with DGB's(? think it was her) vote. I've no idea if she was serious about lynching him, but from the tone I would suggest possibly not.
Raider wrote:I agree having it go so far to a lynch is bad however pressure is always good. I do not think enough people would back it to go to a lynch.
While this is true, it's a case by case basis. In that I don't always see "applying pressure" as a good thing, as scum may use it too.

More later hopefully, gonna go eat now :P
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:07 pm

Post by Setanta »

K I've been neglecting this game apologies.

Will re-read later today after uni. Specifically the Mk bandwagon, and my initial feeling is that while it's not great reasoning his responses, to me, aren't that good, but as I said we'll see later on.

So yea, content filled post later, for now off to Botany :)

Also nice to see Pear Bear and Santos admit they're lurking, care to explain why that's the case?
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Setanta »

Flameaxe wrote:
ortolan wrote:Not liking the NK bandwagon

Unvote

I see his comment about jesters as stupid/newb rather than scummy, thus it is a scumtell. I did the same in RealTime mafia when I was town (and newb).
A) He joined in march. That isn't exactly "newb" territory anymore.
B) If we all had the mentality of "it was a stupid mistake!", we would never get anywhere.
C) It isn't a null-tell because you've done it as town. If there was a bit more sarcasm there, and he made it obvious it was a joke (which he made obvious it wasn't), I could see it. But when it comes right down to it, it s a scumtell.
QFT. He's since said he's played else where.
Jester/Lyncher speculation is pointless and distracts from scumhunting. It's definitely scummy to be talking about it as it serves no purpose imo.
hp_leaves wrote:Two identical posts ._. And one was posted after the first one was considered scummy
I don't really see why what I posted could be considered scummy, I came back in after LA, unvoted as I had no reason to keep it on GC and then said I'd re-read and post my thoughts.
Mk wrote:RC) Both mentalities are merely opinion; Null because you did "it" before and "it" being a scumtell. Sure many people share the second thought, but then that makes it merely popular opinion.
So basically if everyone agrees it's scummy it doesn't matter as it's just a popular opinion? Surely this could be used to defend any action? basically you can respond with "No wai" to anything said citing it as popular opinion, not fact.
Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly here but this is what I'm getting out of this point. Please calarify if I am taking this the wrong way.

[quote="septia]Sorry for inactivity, I've been pretty busy. Will get into it tomorrow and catch up.[/quote]
How'd that go? Stop lurking
FOS: Septia.

[quote="Alvinz!]Bleh. [/quote]
Fos: Alvinz

M_k wrote:Then lets flip the scenario. Tell me: what would Town do "when they see behaviour in the thread that doesn't look normal"?
Not normal? Well that depends on what people think is normal. I suppose out of the ordinary behaviour like that could be deemed as scummy. Why assume jester etc, and not just scum?

OGML wrote:M_K, its not tunnel vision, its looking for scums that aren't your scumteam.
What do you mean by this? Like looking for other scum or what? How is this really helpful? I do get the point that you're quite convinced he's scum, but yeh still.

So I'm heading back to class now, will catch up the rest later.
Santos is lurking in plain sight too.
fos
for him.
Will come back finish reading the thread and decide who to vote for etc.

Untill later :)
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Setanta »

sirdanilot wrote:We seem to have at least 4 lurkers, pear bear, santos, alvinz and septia. Don't shoot me if I forgot one.

In my opinion, you cannot classify the latter two as actively lurking anymore since they haven't posted in a while. If they pop in with another useless post then yes I could see how they are actively lurking together with pear bear and santos.

Lurker lynches, however, are mostly useless and bad town play. The only exception I make to this is Santos, for the reasons I posted (in short: not willing to discuss, but willing to hammer).

The only thing we can do to conventional lurkers (who just don't post) is to request for them to be replaced out. The only thing we can do with active, but otherwise not scummy lurkers is to FoS them and request them to post. We can only lynch them if nobody has a suspect, which will not happen. But of course there are other ways, most of which will stop working if I reveal them (but are probably obvious enough for the more experienced players). The only thing we can do with active, scummy lurkers is to lynch them. In fact, I would recommend doing so.
Oh I agree that lynching all lurkers may not be the best play if that's all that's against them, but the likes of Santos's last post is extremely scummy.
And yeah obviously if they've disappeared they will be replaced.

I will
vote Santos
as his last post was basically "lol I'm lurking don't care who's lynched".

Need to re-read the last 2 pages more carefully probably, sometime later, but happy with my vote at this moment.
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:08 am

Post by Setanta »

Don't think I believe the claim.

What happens if you vote now, and it's not the hammer?
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:09 am

Post by Setanta »

hp [leaves] wrote:
Santos wrote:I believe my role is that of an 'actor', according to MafiaWiki. Otherwise, no, I am not third party( if you are thinking I win when I get to have the deciding vote, no I don't) and I win with the town. Also, I was given the okay to claim 'Kami' if that makes any difference if I have any case left to prove my innocence. I kind of got a jacked role :(
You have a
safeclaim
?

Very tempting to hammer; but we still have four days to create discussion.

Mod: Please note my sig
What gives you the impression he has a safeclaim.
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:24 am

Post by Setanta »

ortolan wrote:Well, sorry, the mod's claim trumps yours

Unvote
Vote Santos
This.
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Setanta »

DGB wrote:Something funny I noticed with Setanta. It's nothing major, but look at THIS POST. It was glaringly obvious that Santos had revealed that he had a safeclaim. Setanta's reaction is odd, given that he was one of the first on the Santos wagon. He may have had second thoughts about bus'ing his partner - that's the thought that comes to mind.
Yeh, I just didn't think Safe-claim. I mean, I was sure he was scum anyway, but I just thought he was afraid to claim his name, in case of a modkill, which had happened to him in choose carefully mafia.

As for me having potential second thought about bus'ing santos, I don't think it makes sense. if anything I'd have expected his buddies to pour on at the end once it was obvious he was fucked.

However, looking back you are correct it's pretty obvious he was BS'ing.
And the point about Hp leaves is also a good one, in that if he assumed it was a safe claim he would have hammered.

Anyway will give the thread a re-read later. Uni/Snow ball fights to keep me busy for the moment.
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:36 am

Post by Setanta »

Jebus wrote:Setenta - mainly the hesitance to vote Santos
Please note that I was already voting him for his scummy active lurking, as for the claim being bs, well it's a role I've seen used before and it's on the flash site. It was also easily testable, by getting him to vote. His answer directly contradicted the mod, so obviously he was scum.

Also does your points thingy, is that working on a % scale? Like for example are you 90% sure of OGML being mafia, or does it work differently?

Other than that for a catch up post, it's good as it's not information w/o analysis.
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:41 am

Post by Setanta »

Don't have time for a full catch up but deadline is looming fast so I need to put my vote down somewhere.
Pear Bear wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote: Plum, [...] I think you're very likely town.
This will be very interesting later on if OGML flips scum. I already suspect plum for a few fallable reasons, one of them being that whenever someone votes against me, and I am town, they automatically jump into my line of sight as potential scum, because theyre voting to lynch town. Also, in nearly every mafia game Ive played, those players who you think are "likely town" and do the best job at looking the part of a townie, end up being scum. And Plum is doing a great job at looking pro-town.

vote OGML
for the time being.
Meh you can't really think that everyone who's voting you is scum.
Pear Bear in 396 wrote:And this is a perfect example of how my newb tendancies and inexperience are being horribly misinterpereted for scum behaviour, by more experienced players who are either confusing themselves, or going for an easy kill.

I was simply putting my thoughts out there.

I don't like this from Pear Bear. Seems like itt can be used to defend yourself from being scummy cos you're new and thus it's our fault for not understanding what ya mean
Pear Bear wrote:If there were two scum groups, how likely would it be that they know eachothers identities?
I would think that if they were aware of eachother it would defeat the purpose of seperating them.
yeh..so why would you ask this :? Like there'd be no point in having 2 scum groups if they knew each other :P

So yeh Pear Bear seems pretty much like newb scum to me
Vote Pear bear

When's deadline exactly?
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #544 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Setanta »

Sorry about my inactivity yday. Was busy with rl stuff and other game(s).

With Talitha turning up cop her investigating OGML is possible, I think if she had a guilty she might have came out with it later on in the day, but who knows.

Also note that Talitha was a knife cop, is this different than a regular cop, or does the prefix indicate the type of mafia she could find?

IIRC correctly, Talitha suspected Azheri for the same things that OGML had done, i.e. the jumping to the Santos b/w. I'll need to read back and check, if this is the case would a guilty be more likely, or just an innocent on OGML, iunno. Will read back through her posts now that's she's flipped cop anyway.
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:39 am

Post by Setanta »

This is true, Santos turned up Pre cooked mafia(?) or something along those lines though. But Talitha's role would probably have given her more info on what her abillities were ( obviously) so it somewhat guesswork, which I don't think is a good thing, past certain levels.

Slicey's case on pear bear is a good one, and one which I half assed pointed out yesterday, along with others who were voting for him.

Vote Pear Bear

I think trying to work out Talitha's innocent/guilty may prove difficult, so it's best to place my vote on someone I think is scummy independant of this.
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #607 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:23 am

Post by Setanta »

Pear Bears defense...sucks quite frankly. I commend his honesty at least though, and at least he didn't bullshit and was honest. Erm I'm not sure if it makes him less likely to be mafia or not, but it's something to consider.

Does Flameaxe always lurk like this?
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #609 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:39 am

Post by Setanta »

Was he scum?
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #640 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Setanta »

I'm drunk but self voting is scummy imo. Idk wha the fuck he was at if he';s aktuali town :S
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #647 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Setanta »

Unvote Vote Flameaxe

Am I doing it right???
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #699 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Setanta »

Microphone_Kirby wrote:Well... I'm a little surprised how f***ing fast Day Two went by: 4 (RL) Days out of 14? WTF!?!? :shock:

We seriously had plenty of time to discuss other potential targets, and then you all end the day like it was nothing??? NO. Not Good. :evil:
Er Flameaxe seemed pretty much obv scum, what else was there to discuss, I don't think you can blame people for jumping on his wagon, like seriously.
Slicey wrote:Well, we obviously know now that Talitha did not get a guilty scan on Flameaxe. This gives me more reason to believe that she got a guilty scan on Az.
Highly unlikely, really. If she had a guilty on anyone it was flameaxe from her posting, it's obvious now she didn't though.
Mk wrote:Was I around? Does it matter? If I was there, I still wouldn't have hammered him. Maybe later in the "day", but not anywhere near "yesterday's" hammer.
Why would you not have hammered? Sure the day was short, but dragging it out due to people being afraid of short days. If he'd been scum, then none of this would matter really. It was obvious Flameaxe had given up and wasn't going to post any more.
Seriously, how about trying to finding targets for "tomorrow's" lynch with that extra time? Maybe someone would slip up during the discussion, and those people would be a good point of focus for "tomorrow"... if they're not better candidates for the lynch "today".
I disagree with this, I don't find it scummy, but I do disagree with the need to discuss tomorrow's lynch today, not needed at all.
If we lynch another town, would we still have a chance of winning?
Because I'm fairly certain scum is intentionally keeping me around because I'm
A) Not helpful to the town.
B) A scapegoat to draw attention to when one of them is getting lynched.

Through the course of this game Ive suspected Flameaxe, Talitha and Plum, all turned out to be town. And I wasnt convinced Santos was scum, and I ended up being wrong.

Perhaps I should focus on those who I suspect the least...
As for the first bit, we could do with lynching scum alright.

You forgot C) You're scum :roll:
This post is pretty terrible though :(

I see the case on MK too, being deliberately unhelpful is retarded. Along with everything else. Not sure how many he's on atm though.

Jester speculation..yeh there's not going to be one b/c they're a horrible role in general :P Anyone that looks like a jester is probably scum. Unless you're flameaxe that is :roll:

Want to see a VC before I place my vote, we don't need another quicklynch as too many would be stupid.

Also Vote-Count please Shaft.ed
:D [/b]
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #700 (isolation #22) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Setanta »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Did minimeko just ignore the entire MK case?
Yeh, but tbf Pear Bear is a good vote too, his last post was terrible.
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #705 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:58 am

Post by Setanta »

Vote MK

That's L-3 I wanted a vote count before voting, so yeh.

@ Zwet true, I assume the green cat will comment on MK's case, you'd think.
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #708 (isolation #24) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Setanta »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Um... Is this going to be another superpowered speed lynch? I'm getting the feeling that MK is pretending to be like Flameaxe to push us into a WIFOM situation of "Don't speedlynch the guy! Look what happened yesterday!"
I'd find it hard to believe anyone would be that retarded...
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #725 (isolation #25) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Setanta »

...what? I didn't see that coming :?
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #729 (isolation #26) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Setanta »

Just over 24 hours i think haha. Fucking, ironic considering he was the one going on about quicklynches then self hammered :|
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #737 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by Setanta »

Santos (13)
- Seraphim,
sirdanilot
, DrippingGoofball, Hybris, Sentata, Slicey, raider8169, Riceballtail, Plum, Talitha, OhGodMyLife, Azhrei, ortolan

haha looks like Sir was quick to start bussing.

Anyway Imma re-read this sirdanaloit. he's had a few fairly contenfilled posts on day-1 so maybe they'll reveal something.

As for interactions, Santos posted fuck all, but hopefully we can get something from sir instead.
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #738 (isolation #28) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Setanta »

fucked up the bold tags, meh ser shouldn't be bolded.
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #741 (isolation #29) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Setanta »

Vote Jebus
he's one post of note throughout the whole game. He needs to post some serious content.
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #752 (isolation #30) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:39 am

Post by Setanta »

raider8169 wrote:The last 2 days have gone way too fast. The person lynched gave up without any real attempt at defending themselves. Hard to get much from the bandwagon based off of that.

Never had a scum nightkill and no dead townies before. Yet there has continually been only one night kill. Dont really see how the scum could be doing the killing as they took out on of their own. Maybe 2 scum groups? Bunch of really lucky doctors or something?
Agreed with the first point, however both bandwagons were fairly justified though and when someone refuses to claim you generally assume scum.

There's been 1 kill every night always with the same death flavour too.
And yes the posibillity of 2 scum groups is quite high, see Talitha's flip for why I think this is likely.
I don't like the last line here, idk I don't think we should be discussing reasons for a lack of kills, but should just be grateful that there's been none.

Also Qanqan's first post is lulz. No sir wasn't a death miller :? Why would you think that?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”