Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:15 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Hi all.

I think there are much better candidates than OGML today.
Here's a couple of posts from Pear Bear from the end of the day that kind of went unnoticed due to Santos' scum implosion.
Pear Bear wrote:Just lurking over here as my random vote on MK seems to have been a bit more than just random...
Pear Bear wrote:
Plum wrote: Pear Bear, why are you, in your words, 'lurking'? Your random vote has become more than random? Well, what do you find suspicious about MK? Just leaving your vote on a big bandwagon and walking away again, are you? Thoughts? Opinions? Any semblance of contribution?

Vote: Pear Bear
Sorry for not addressing you, Plum, but I hadnt noticed that you voted me.
I was hesitant to post because my random vote for MK seemed to have been a decent pick in the first place,
and I was assessing what everyone else was thinking to determine if I wanted to keep my vote on MK or not.

I realize, now, that random voting and then lurking when everyone else jumps aboard is really sketchy and I don't plan on doing it again. As for MK and his alleged role fishing, In some cases role fishing can be pro-town, and I think that this may be one of those cases.

Unvote MK
Bolding mine.

So you admit to lurking, staying on a wagon with a random vote (with no reason why your vote is on there) and then when you pick up a little flack, you admit that you're only trying to follow the pack. You unvote. Why did it take being challenged for you to decide that your vote was on a townie? The unvote also came as the Santos wagon was picking up steam, which you never got involved with one way or the other. Please explain.

Vote:Pear Bear

Oh, and Rice, remember, I've now played with you as both scum and town, so you won't be able to get anything by me. Just saying. :wink:
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:55 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Pear Bear wrote:However, I didn't think that Santos was scum either, and that by being one of the few to not vote him I would assure my nonscumminess.
Again, you seem to be more concerned with appearing town than with anything else. My vote stays.
Rice wrote:VOTE:Riceballtail

Obviously sushi-scum. Speedlynch GO!
Rice, you got flack for this early on. Whatever, the self vote means nothing to me. What I find strange about this post is your tone. I would describe it as playful? Maybe a little reckless. That seems out of character for you. I don't think I've seen that before. Not sure it means anything, but I wanted to bring it up. Care to comment?

Looking back at Day 1, alvinz95 was about the lurkiest, so
FoS alvinz95
until he shows up or is replaced.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

The thread has now been open for 60 hours. The following players have not checked in yet:

Sirdan - has not posted anything since last Friday
Alvinz95 - has been active on the site during this time.
Counselwolf - has been active on the site during this time.
hp [leaves] - V/LA until Feb 8th, as per his sig.
Flameaxe - has been active, although only very briefly on Tuesday night.

So mod, can we get a prod on Alvinz, Counselwolf, Flameaxe and Sirdan for good measure?

My FoS on Alvinz stays. He's the lurkingest lurker that ever lurked.
Narsis wrote:those death scenes are making me hungry...

anyway...Day 2 now. what do you guys want to do?
This was the first post on Day 2. Seems scummy. You got anything else to contribute?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Narsis wrote: now then, I understand the cases against Pear Bear, but posts like this:
Pear Bear wrote:EBWOP:

Stupid question:

Does scum know the identity of other scum in this game?
make me think he could just be a poor old townie.

now OGML I definitely do see as scummy based on his play yesterday.

Vote: OGML
Whenever I hear someone say something like, "based on his play yesterday" accompanied by a bandwagon vote, my ears twitch. No analysis, no real reason for your vote, and no real explanation for why that quote makes you think Pear Bear is townie. You mention both wagons, but your reasons for choosing one and rejecting the other seem arbitrary.

Also, this, the first post on Day 2:
Narsis wrote:those death scenes are making me hungry...

anyway...Day 2 now. what do you guys want to do?
Seems like now that you've figured out what everyone wants to do, you're happy to go along.

FoS Narsis
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Simenon wrote:I am here and will update shortly. Sorry all.
FOS Simenon
. obvscum. :D
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:31 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

So after investigating further, I see that Sirdanilot posted in the V/LA thread that he also would be gone until the 8th (same as hp[leaves]).

That leaves Alvinz95, Counselwolf, and Flameaxe who have been active on this site but have not posted in here since day 1.
Mod, did you prod those 3 players yet, and if you haven't, could you now?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I don't know, I'm not feeling the OGML hate. So he switched abruptly to Santos. Big deal. All that shows is that he was paying attention. I would like to see some scumhunting from him today, though. It feels like he's given up, and I dislike it when players surrender - it makes them an easy target.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:02 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Pear Bear wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote: Plum, [...] I think you're very likely town.
This will be very interesting later on if OGML flips scum. I already suspect plum for a few fallable reasons, one of them being that whenever someone votes against me, and I am town, they automatically jump into my line of sight as potential scum, because theyre voting to lynch town. Also, in nearly every mafia game Ive played, those players who you think are "likely town" and do the best job at looking the part of a townie, end up being scum. And Plum is doing a great job at looking pro-town.

vote OGML
for the time being.
Translation: I have specious reasons for suspecting Plum (OMGUS and Too Townie). I'm going to jump on this wagon over here, not so much because I think he's scum, but because it will help to clear up my thoughts about this other guy who's voting me. Oh, and I'll slap "for the time being" on there so that I can back out and put my vote somewhere else if this wagon falls apart or I attract too much attention.

This is a sad attempt at scum hunting from someone who has no interest in finding scum.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:15 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Talitha wrote:
Pushing hard for a lynch is something that town have a lot more reason to do than scum, and it is a weak reason to vote someone
Tragically, that's a big boatload of WIFOM.

I've seen my buddies be relentless against a fellow buddy; I have seen buddies tunneling on a townie because they felt they had a believable fake scumtell, and look like they are genuinely scumhunting while lynching a townie.

What you say appears logical, and in many ways, it is. However, my experience tells me that scum very often has motives that override your theory.
DGB, you call this out as WIFOM (rightly so, I think), but then you say, in a weaselly sort of way, that in fact "pushing hard for a lynch" is a mild scumtell (and this is one of the reasons that you are voting for OGML). Either it's WIFOM (which makes it a nulltell, and poor justification for a lynch) or it's a scumtell. Which is it?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:36 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Still waiting for that vote count. By my informal and possibly wrong count, OGML is at L-2 (10 votes, 12 to lynch). Please feel free to correct me.

There are a lot of inactive players who either aren't voting or are voting for someone who will not be lynched today. This needs to change. I still would rather lynch Pear Bear, but I think that ain't gonna happen before the deadline. I'll switch my vote to OGML if I have to. OGML, I think you should roleclaim now.

When is deadline? I've got it at about 4 and a half days from this post. Again, feel free to correct.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:38 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Talitha wrote:DGB, have you paid attention to anything I've posted? My opinions on the wagon haven't changed. I haven't seen anything scummy or lynch-worthy from OGML. I think the case against him is rubbish. I am sorta resigned to the lynch but I will not support it. If he turns out to be scum I will be surprised (but not amazed as I've been wrong on occasion).

Without good evidence, I would never support lynching an aggressive, vocal player who has helped lynch a scum on day 1 and who is contributing well to the game. Because if they're town they are very useful to have around, and will become more useful as the days go by. If they are scum they are at least giving us info and are more likely to trip up than the lurker or "safe" poster. Town needs to use lynches for getting rid of scum, lurkers, or lurking scum. I do not think OGML is the best choice for a lynch.
QFT.
Raider wrote:Why are you voting someone other then RBT if you are so sure he is scum?
We are in a game with tight deadlines and a lot of players. It is protown to reach a consensus lynch, and for individual players to vote for the most likely candidate near deadline.

That having been said, rice is playing according to her meta so far. She's always lurky and hard to read. No way to know if she's scum at this point.
Pear Bear wrote:
Farkshinsoup wrote: I still would rather lynch Pear Bear, but I think that ain't gonna happen before the deadline. I'll switch my vote to OGML if I have to.
What about my case, which I thought was fairly minor, strikes you as more scummy than OGML? If youre so desparate to lynch me then it might help if you tried a little harder. Or was this just a post to lessen the attention drawn by you switching to a faster wagon?
We are in a game with tight deadlines and a lot of players. It is protown to reach a consensus lynch, and for individual players to vote for the most likely candidate near deadline. (Anyone hear an echo in here?)
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:36 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Got busy with work, but Pear Bear, I've posted in multiple places today why I think you are scum and why I don't think OGML is. Let's not clutter up the thread with restatements and requotes of those posts. Besides I don't really have time at the moment.

I would say that Pear Bear and OGML are the only 2 viable candidates for lynch today. If you are not voting for one or the other, you should be. And I agree with whoever said that it's difficult to work within this deadline without a vote count.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I won't have as much time to post for the next couple of weeks. Suffice to say: Vote:
Pear Bear
. Aside from my reasons for suspecting him yesterday, he jumped on the OGML wagon once it had picked up steam.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:08 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Ok, I'm going to take a leap here. There are a lot of good empirical reasons to lynch PB, but my gut is telling me that his reactions are real (i hate you gut) Pear Bear comes off to me as a newb target. If I was scum I'd be all over him like white on rice.

So I'm going to
unvote: Pear Bear
Vote: Flameaxe

I could still lynch PB at deadline, but Flame is lurking and I agree with the breadcrumb.

And FoS Seraphim for that weak wagon vote that was deisgned to not look like a wagon vote.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:09 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

EBWOP:
FoS Seraphim
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:41 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

There's too much reacting to what happened last night and what people posted today. We need to go back and start looking at voting patterns now. I don't have time to do that right now, but I might on the weekend.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:23 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

zwet wrote:Yesterday was 100% positively scum driven.

QFT.

We've got a lucky break with Sirdan turning up scum - let's take advantage of it. I should have time on the weekend to do a re-read. AGAIN, I want to look at voting patterns and now, interactions with Sirdan. Also, there is a whole other faction out there that hasn't shown up on the radar yet - It might be possible to discern a "block". My feeling is that at least some of them would be more likely to be voting than disappearing and flaking, so again, voting patterns people.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:45 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I apologize, but I've asked to be replaced. I hate to throw another replacement into this game, but there it is. I just can't keep up, and work is kicking my ass.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”