Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #175 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Post by Talitha »

Nearly caught up with the thread but regarding Slicey everyone seems to just be skim-reading.
- Slicey's vote on Seraphim was
not
random (post 119)
- Slicey gave a reason for the unvote; it was
not
because random voting phase was over.
- Slicey weakly attempts to tell everyone this in post 153.

However I do have Slicey on my suspicious list because he didn't make more of a fuss when everyone was accusing him of something that's not true. I think a townie would be more indignant. It's a bit weak, but it's good enough for day 1 suspicion.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #176 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Post by Talitha »

unvote: raider
vote: MK

For the post pointed out by OGML - I think that scum are more likely to be consciously or unconsciously thinking about possible non-scum roles when they behaviour in the thread that doesn't look normal.

Also for lack of subsequent townish vibes.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #177 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Post by Talitha »

the above should read "...when they
see
behaviour in the thread..."
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #209 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Talitha »

Look, we have a firm deadline and it's now less than a week away. My understanding is that if we do not reach a majority there will not be a lynch. Voting, pressure and lynching are the town's main weapons, so why are people not using them? I cannot begin to understand why SO many people are not voting.

We have a decent main bandwagon on M-K. Why not use your vote to
support
it, put some pressure on him, and make progress for the town? If you don't think M-K is a good vote, then have a look at Seraphim or raider who also have multiple votes. If you are the only one voting for a person, either make a good case and convince others to join you, or reconsider putting your vote somewhere where it is actually
doing
something.

Hybris, the scummy thing about mentioning jesters/lynchers is the fact that M-K was thinking about jesters and lynchers at a point in the game where town knows nothing about the setup apart from that there's mafia out there somewhere. Idiotic random votes are made early day one in just about every single game by town and by scum. (Basically what Green Crayons said). Do you really think there's something odd or scummy about the RBT votes or are you just using it as a defence of MK? If yes, can you please explain further?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #260 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Talitha »

That is a pretty strange post from Santos. But I had a quick look at another game he played, and he played pretty strangely in that too. (Claiming scum, as scum.)

I guess I could vote him for being useless and not obviously town.

I am second guessing myself on the M-K vote, partially because I agreed with him when he said "it's usually Townies getting lynched for showing such "scum-tells"

What the heck.

unvote: M_K
vote: Santos

I could flip back though, because I've learnt that my first suspicion is often the one I should've stuck with.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #261 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by Talitha »

I would also like to remind myself to look at hp [leaves] more closely.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #345 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'm really busy at the moment but wanted to check in to raise an eyebrow at the OGML votes. Haven't played with him before but my gut says town so far.

Oh and
vote: flameaxe

Maybe just a placeholder until I can assess some of the other voteworthy candidates. Maybe not.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #376 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Talitha »

I'm not sure whet the vote count is, and I'm not certain OGML is town, but how 'bout we lynch someone who DIDN'T vote to lynch a scumbag yesterday.

OGML is a good / well-known player in a game that's likely to have more than one killing group. I doubt he'll still be alive at endgame. We don't need to waste a lynch on him.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #380 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Talitha »

unvote: flameaxe
vote: Azhrei

You did
exactly
the same thing yesterday that you are voting OGML for today.. i.e. the turnaround from M-K to Santos. The only difference is that yours was less blatant and attracted less attention. So who is more likely scum? The one who attracts everyone's attention for aggressive play, then changes his vote when new evidence comes to light? Or the bandwagoner, who follows the crowd?
Azhrei, to MK wrote:If you flip townie, I'm going to be looking very closely at OGML tomorrow.
Azhrei, to me wrote:Come on. Ever heard of bussing? If OGML flips scum, I'm gonna be looking verrry closely at you.
These comments make me feel pretty happy that Azhrei is scum. He's not thinking deeply about the game, just playing to a lazy formula and setting up his vote for the next day in advance, in case there's no convenient bandwagon to follow.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #386 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by Talitha »

Azhrei, I made note of the difference between yours and OGML's behaviour in my post. "hounded to no end"? You are exaggerating here... but even so, aggressively pursuing a player you suspect of being scum is pretty townish behaviour in a deadlined game.
Azhrei wrote:If the person who was the brunt of the aggression turned out town, then the aggressor deserves a closer look, don't they?
Not especially. From my experience, these people are very often town, while the scum behave more like you have.

MK - you are frustrating to play mafia with. The "bad vibes" is the only thing you posted that is relevant to the game. Feel free to vote me if you really think I'm scum.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #388 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:07 am

Post by Talitha »

Azhrei, what is your experience by the way.. have you played games elsewhere?

Why likely? Because it is always likely that a 24 player game has more than one killing party. And then we have Santos named as a "pre-cooked" goon - which is suggestive (but not conclusive) of other scum.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #390 (isolation #12) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:33 am

Post by Talitha »

I'd be interested in hearing if MK was referring to the killing group speculation, or something else in the post when he mentioned his 'bad vibes'.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #407 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:58 am

Post by Talitha »

I've been reading over.. haven't finished yet but think I might switch over to Pear Bear... I just can't imagine a townie making some of those posts.

I think we're down to about 7 days until deadline.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #421 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:53 pm

Post by Talitha »

DGB wrote:I don't see the case against Azhrei, so at the moment I'm suspicious of the players that are making what appears to be a bogus case against Azhrei.

Really I don't get it. Can someone explain it to me?
I made myself pretty clear already, but I'll humour you.
Day 1: Bandwagoner, follower, voting on the easy-looking lynches, simplistic conditional suspicions (e.g. "if X flips Y, I'm going to Z") that demonstrate lack of townish diligence, and fit best a scum looking to cruise.
Day 2: Again on the easy wagon du jour. Reasons for voting OGML - the "turnaround" appear hypocritical, seeing as Azhrei did the same turnaround. The difference given is that OGML was pushing harder for the M-K lynch before the turnaround, but pushing hard for a lynch is something that town have much more reason than scum to do, and it is a weak reason to vote someone.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #422 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:59 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'll say that again because I think it needs emphasis.

Pushing hard for a lynch is something that town have a lot more reason to do than scum, and it is a weak reason to vote someone

If scum want someone dead, they get to kill them at night. Their priority during the day is not to get lynched and not draw suspicion! If M-K is innocent and OGML is scum, and he had succeeded in getting town to lynch M-K, he just drew a lot of suspicion to himself. It's not a natural way for scum to play.

Besides, some people just play aggressively regardless. Have you people never read any games with Internet Stranger in them?

It's good for the town as it makes things happen.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #423 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:03 pm

Post by Talitha »

Vote count please, Mr mod
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #451 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Talitha »

It might count. It might also be the lynching vote..., several people have voted for OGML since he was on 6 votes a few pages back. We really need a vote count.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #452 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Talitha »

Hopefully the mod will just fix the tags.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #458 (isolation #19) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by Talitha »

DGB, have you paid attention to anything I've posted? My opinions on the wagon haven't changed. I haven't seen anything scummy or lynch-worthy from OGML. I think the case against him is rubbish. I am sorta resigned to the lynch but I will not support it. If he turns out to be scum I will be surprised (but not amazed as I've been wrong on occasion).

Without good evidence, I would never support lynching an aggressive, vocal player who has helped lynch a scum on day 1 and who is contributing well to the game. Because if they're town they are very useful to have around, and will become more useful as the days go by. If they are scum they are at least giving us info and are more likely to trip up than the lurker or "safe" poster. Town needs to use lynches for getting rid of scum, lurkers, or lurking scum. I do not think OGML is the best choice for a lynch.

Work has been kicking my ass and I am too brain dead to contribute as well as I'd like to right now.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #462 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Talitha »

I've made several posts about Azhrei already. I think he's a good chance of being scum, but Pear Bear also looks pretty guilty to me and I may switch. I think my other vote today was Flameaxe who is conspicious by being absent. He hasn't given us enough posts to be any use to the town so to me he's expendable.

I need to read over the pages that I've skimmed while being busy this week though, and will try do so tonight after my mum's birthday dinner.

Thanks M-K for the vote count. I think the mod should extend the deadline when he returns because it's very hard to achieve a lynch without regular vote counts.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #475 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by Talitha »

Sirdanilot, I'll give you (3), but as for 1 and 2, I thought OGML was being voted for because he was too aggressively pursuing M-K.. not for being a follower and a bandwagoner. Saying "OGML did these as well, towards the end" is hardly fair, being Santos was obv. scum and anyone not voting him at that point needed a head examination.

More later, my dinner is burning and I'm still struggling to catch up.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #482 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Talitha »

unvote: Azhrei
vote: Pear Bear

There's a player called CounselWolf?

School working bee today; it never ends.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #496 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Talitha »

In case you people dissing me haven't noticed, our mod is absent. I would not expect a decent mod to turn up and enforce a deadline after leaving us without vote counts or any deadline countdown. As mod, ya can't have a strict deadline game then not BE here.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #497 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by Talitha »

And DGB go find someone else to hassle relentlessly. I can't see any point in getting into a back and forth with you. Arguing over things that we obviously just disagree on is less than helpful to the town.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #509 (isolation #25) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Talitha »

Simenon wrote:Game: SUSHI MAFIA
Experience: Oodles
Players: 24
Back-up: Shaft.ed and The Fonz
Flavor: It's a regular dinner catering at Sushi Mart Co. But there have been rumors of mysterious knife murders of the not-so-fresh fish. It's up to you to get to the bottom of this!
Special: There are mandatory two week deadlines.
I'll take my player hat off and put my listmod hat on and contact the backups.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1659 (isolation #26) » Tue May 12, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by Talitha »

ah I was totally confused as to why the precooked mafia didn't manage to kill anyone... got it now.

Thanks so much for the great job you did taking over the modding shaft.ed.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1661 (isolation #27) » Wed May 13, 2009 12:02 am

Post by Talitha »

hp[leaves] night 1 and flameaxe night 2

Both "NOT KNIFE"s! And both townies!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1667 (isolation #28) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:26 am

Post by Talitha »

Huh, I thought you would have investigated OGML N1.
I was pretty sure he was town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”