Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:10 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Hey guys.

Just letting you know I'm reading the game at the moment, I hope to be caught up soon.

In the meantime I will:

Unvote
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:10 am

Post by Rogueben »

I've finished my read on the thread and ready and rearing to go. Before I give any of my opinions I want to ask a few questions of people.

@camn - How likely do you think it will be that todays lynch is based on scummy actions compared to a policy lynch?

@crywolf - Do you think qwints soft-claim makes him more or less likely to be scum?

@DGB - Yos2 commented on your playstyle as a method akin to flinging shit to see what sticks. What is currently sticking in your opinion?

@farside - Who are your top three lynch candidates? Which three players do you think think are most likely to be scum? Can you order those lists and give reasons.

@hascow - Which of the two main wagons at the moment (qwints + jebus) do you think has most value? Why?

@korejora - What is stopping you from putting your money where your mouth is and voting qwints?
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:21 am

Post by Rogueben »

[
EBWOP
]Pressed submit early[/
EBWOP
]
@qwints - Is this
qwints wrote:It was designed to illustrate that soft claiming need not be anti-town.
just a BS excuse that you came up with after the fact? Also who do you think is most scummy at the moment, who are you willing to lynch?

@sam.samhorn - Do you often refuse to read others posts? What would you do in an endgame situation with DGB and Xyl?

@scotmany12 - Which active player is most likely to be scum? Which lurker?

@Yos2 - Do you think qwints soft-claim makes him more or less likely to be
scum
?
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:13 pm

Post by Rogueben »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm not liking Rogueben's asking of questions instead of stating his own opinions. Also, the questions are a bit off and not what I'd called 'pointed' or 'particularly relevant.' The whole exercise feels like fake scumhunting and giving the appearance of participation, cheating off other players while holding his own cards close to his chest.
I'm not holding the cards to my chest permanently, I will give my general views about the game when I've got the majority of the answers (and a little more time). I will address the rest of this post in that post as well.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:14 pm

Post by Rogueben »

I think it's about time I give my opinions about the game, I was hoping more people would have responded to my questions but it's more important that I put my views on the table before the game goes to night.

A small analysis about each player:

DrippingGoofball
- Despite what a lot of people have said I have found her generally quite concise and mostly logical. From past experience I think she plays very aggressively as town, trying to provoke responses from people which is definitely congruous with this game. Her response to my question is what I should have expected. The point about my questions is interesting, I haven't copped that sort of opinion any other time I've done asked questions to begin with as a replacement. Regardless I think she is most likely town.
Yosarian2
- Oozes logic. Nothing particular that he has said has piqued my interest. The only worrying thing for me would be that he seems to come in as professor mafia a lot, solving theory issues and this could get him a free pass on scum-hunting. Something to watch for. His answer to my question was very good and has influenced my opinion on the qwints wagon to some degree. Town read, but someone to watch (that best manipulator wasn't won for nothing).
hasdgfas
- I think the one fishing incident with the vig is a definite scumtell, but only a very small one. I can understand his logic about a confirmed innocent being better than an unconfirmed vig so I think that diminishes the scumtell to some degree. His answer to my question is not unexpected, I was hoping for something a little more though, overall a cop-out response I think. Middle of the road but leaning slightly scum.
Korejora
- First post in the game was amusing but not overly useful. Since then has not really provided a lot and has spent a long time talking about her no day 1 voting policy. Has done practically no scum-hunting and nothing overly helpful. Same thing with CounselWolf who she replaced. Concerned that she is an active lurker. Scummy side of neutral.

Will continue in next post when I have more time.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:40 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Xylthixlm
- Prolific poster. I think Xyl posts a lot without thinking about everything he's posting. Some of what he says is really logical and very pro-town but there have been a few things that he does/says that don't sit right with that. His initial lurker hunt against Jebus seemed like a giant cop-out. I don't want to get into a lurker policy lynch argument but I have to say that OGML seems to be doing a fairly good job of finding replacements, especially considering the pace of the game. I think the only lurkers that should be considered for a lurker lynch are "active lurkers", people posting heaps without any or a lot of content. Besides this I have pretty good feelings at this stage about Xyl. Neutral leaning town. (The argument between him and shea at the start I can't really explain but I think shea was just being a douche and trying to prove a point that was unnecessary).

qwints
The worst of the "active" lurkers around. Made a couple of good points at the start of the game but since then has done bugger all. The only thing that makes me wait on voting him is that I actually think there are better options for lynching. However, his lynch is still I think more likely than average to hit scum, which for day 1 is not bad.

camn
- Very abrupt playing style. I like camn's points from the read through. His answer to my question was well thought out and I think accurately summarizes the position in the game. Most pro-town person in the game in my opinion.

stark
- The things that he has said have been good. Terrible lurking has prevented much of a read though. Neutral leading protown.

crywolf20084
- I think she is the busy lurker. When she pops up she has good things to say but they are too infrequent. The answer to my question in post 1029 is one of the best answers I got and I think moves him to the pro-town side of neutral.

scotmany12
- I agree with whoever said at the beginning of the game scot didn't do a whole lot of scumhunting and focussed on the Jebus issue. I don't think this is his fault however as most times he was directly addressing things other people had either directed to him or said in response to something he said. I agree with his approach to lurkers like Jebus and think that what he was saying was valid. More recently he has presented a little more in the way of scumhunting but not a heap. At the moment I would put him at neutral.

More to come later.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:04 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Continued...

sam.samhorn
- I don't like his style of giving definitives. He said both that zwet was def scum and Has is def scum. This strikes me as a little off. His policy of not reading players (DGB and Xyl) is irresponisble and immature in my opinion and allows himself an out if they are probing him later. His answer to my question was satisfactory, but still shows a high level of immaturity. I don't have a strong read on him as some things he has said are quite scummy and some things are quite town. I would put him at slightly scummier than average.

Caboose
- I've really liked his play all the way through. He's logical, doesn't rely on others to tell him things and has played generally in a way that I would associate with pro-townness.

Tarhalindur/Jebus
- Jebus was lurker extraodinaire but I don't understand all the attention that was upon him, he looked to me like a lurker that was just not interested in playing such a fast paced game. Tar's entry to the game was interesting because his read was so similar to what I got out of the game, except for the Caboose read. I like Tar's chances of being town.

populartajo
- Was worried about him doing more today then harp on about hascow. He has started to change that in the last couple of hours actually so that's better. I'd put him middle of the road leaning towards town.

Wanted to finish this tonight but I'm out of time. Will finish tomorrow morning, I'm liking the stark wagon though.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:27 am

Post by Rogueben »

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to finish my summary by the end of the day. I'll aim to get the last couple of people done day 2. Hascow's play for the last few pages has been strange to say the least. The way he has attacked the most minor things people have done this game doesn't make sense to me. Can someone with a meta on him confirm whether he usually attacks like this or not.

I'd like to see his claim before I put him on L-1. Whatever happens I'll try and be back on tomorrow to vote and prevent a no-lynch.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1428 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:05 am

Post by Rogueben »

O..K..???

Mega FOS
to qwints for hammering without waiting for a claim. Especially given that there were 15 hours until deadline.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1546 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by Rogueben »

OK I'm going to resummarize my thoughts here, including latest developments.

Close to confirmed town

DGB
Xyl
hasdgfas

Townish

Yos2
camn
Tarhalindur

Neutral

Scotmany12
Poptartajo
Kmd4390

Scummyish

Korejora
Stark
sam.samhorn
farside22

I really dislike what I've seen from Korejora in this game so far.

My number one scum candidate for today is sam though. He is deliberately harming the game by refusing to read DGB or xyl. His attack against DGB at the start of today shows that 1. he isn't paying enough attention and 2. he is trying to push a crap case on the side.

Vote: sam.samhorn
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:52 am

Post by Rogueben »

Xylthixlm wrote:Rogueben: Let's lynch stark today, and if sam.samhorn is alive tomorrow we can take care of him then.
The thing that concerns me about stark is that I think he is essentially a really lazy player and so the issues that people have with how he's playing are not necessarily scummy. I have seen him as useless town before. sam.samhorn seems much more likely to me to be scum.

Then again I'm happy for a bit of a pressure wagon.

Unvote, Vote: stark

Xylthixlm wrote:Oh, one thing. Yosarian2 is neutral, not townish.
I haven't seen him do anything wrong as yet and have seen a lot that I like. The only thing that could possibly bring him to neutral in my mind is the fact that he was on three townie wagons. But just because he's experienced that doesn't mean he can't have crap day ones with scum hunting as he's said himself. That's putting Burden of Proficiency on him. Also I liked camn's point about the fact that if he was scum he's not likely to have gone out bandwagoning so many townies. It's a bit WIFOMy but I think it still has merit. Essentially I've weighed up all this and I still think he is more likely to be town then scum, thus townish.

Just a quick note on the analysis of the quints wagon from poptartajo. I'm not convinced that a person that was as scummy as qwints was all day yesterday is necessarily going to have a huge scum ratio on the wagon. In my experience wagons like that can be very pro-town loaded and forming entire arguments based on who was on that wagon is not entirely valid. That goes the same for the zwet wagon.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1577 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by Rogueben »

scotmany12 wrote:Anybody want to post the case on Kmd in. or point me to where the case is? From what I get, the reasoning is jumbled among many posts and it would be easier if someone constructed the case in one post.
scotmany12 wrote:Scummy:
Kmd (would still like someone to post an organized case on him
I really don't like these two posts. The fact that he puts a player at scummy that he doesn't even seem to understand the case about really sits poorly with me.

I'm going to have to reread him but he's just moved up a scum category in my mind.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1578 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Also Tar can you elaborate on the camn slightly scummy vibe? I'm not getting that what-so-ever.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1595 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Rogueben »

KMD wrote:TSQ/Tar-3 (Zwet, Cow, Crywolf)
Um... I replaced TSQ not Tar. Tar replaced Jebus...

What puts camn in your absolutely scumlist KMD. I'd like a full case against him as I'm not seeing it whatsoever.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1783 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:55 am

Post by Rogueben »

Hey guys. Just letting you know i'm vla until tuesday.

I'll try and post before then, but i'm not sure i'll be able to.

I've got to say though, this scum list analysis from dgb has got to be the biggest fabricated bs reasoning. Come on people, one person in each category for kmd but something different for someone else.
I find this incredibly unlikely but I agree with sam. The fact that dgb has seriously accused over 80 percent of the game of being scum really doesn't speak well for her scum hunting abilities in this game.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1967 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:01 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Hey guys, sorry for my absense. I guess I'm going to have to claim.

I am Suleiman the Magnificent, an unnightkillable townie. The paraphrased flavour is that no one would want to kill me as that would bring the full force of the law down upon them.

I am dismayed by the way a lot of people are playing. The analysis of KMD and my lists is inconsistent as mentioned previously.

I have issues with the play of all the people who are essentially confirmed in this game.
DGB seems to currently think I'm scum, camn is scum and three people out of {stark, samhorn, Tar and Yos} are scum. If you add KMD to that there would be 6 scum in an 18 player game which seems almost impossible to me.
I dislike Xyl's trust me I'm confirmed town stance. Confirmed town are no more likely to get things correct then normal townies so playing follow the confirm town is a bad game in my opinion.
Hasdgfas is basically useless. He comes in every now and then and pops up with something, but it's rarely useful.

I still think Korejora is the most likely to be scum out of anyone currently being mentioned as likely. So my vote goes to her.

Vote: Korejora

I will attempt to respond to anything directed towards me or about me in my absence later today or tomorrow.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1969 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by Rogueben »

It just says nightkills.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1971 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:56 am

Post by Rogueben »

What about it do you distrust?
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2448 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:29 am

Post by Rogueben »

Well done to Tarhalindur and the rest of the town at the end there.

I agree that the biggest reason that we lost this game is that we weren't an informed minority at all. The fact that there were two replacements in the mafia didn't help things either.

Thanks to OGML, the game ran smoothly and the setup was interesting.

I found it really disturbing how quickly I went from being on everyone's town lists to definitely scum list. I'm not sure exactly what changed so quickly and I think that's why I was so affronted when people started saying I was scum.

I'd like to get confirmation from the rest of the scum before posting the quicktopic.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”