The Werewolves of Millers Hollow (Game Over)

Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:17 am

Post by Ztife »

I believe Xtoxm has been lynched D1 in another game I saw as well.. for erractic posting. Can't rmb which game though.

Lynch Vote: Zwet
, for being a 1 year old kid... how can a kid be sensible in his votes?

Also,
FoS: Percy
Seems a little too early to scum hunt issin't it? Anyway, I didn't realise the game started, I was still refering to the queue thread...

Also, I volunteer myself for mayor's position. Im more of a conservative/argumentative player, I use words more than I use votes to pressure players and stuff, so I won't be needing it much in the 1st place, instead, here's what I'll propose if im mayor..

I will only cast my vote (worth 2 as mayor) only when there is at least 1/4 of town (excluding myself) urging me to vote. The exception is that if the vote is a hammer, I will not do it. Instead for me to do a hammer vote I will need all the current voters for the target to urge me to do the hammer. Meaning every voter for the target has to agree to a hammer.

There are several benefits to this, its essentially giving people 2 levels of suspicion. If you are really suspicious of a person, you can urge me to use my vote INCLUDING YOUR OWN VOTE. If you are suspicious, but not too, you can choose not to use my vote. This will make people think twice before they spend their votes, and it will be harder for maf to try and abuse.. since townie pushes for them will look extremely scummy.

In addition I will also state which targets I will want to vote for should I have a normal vote and such as well, just like a normal game. I will essentially play a normal game except for this mayor vote which will be "used" by town basically.
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Ztife »

Scum driven?

As stated before, I will still continue to post in who I think I should vote for should I have a normal vote, and I can also be part of those who urge mayor (myself) to use the vote.

Urging the mayor to vote gives us another opportunity to look at the voting process with more reasoning and discussion, and more posts with content means the scums are more exposed. You think the scum would invoke the mayor's vote together? Obviously, if you have bandwagoned vote together on a player, THEN urge the mayor's vote together, you have severely put yourself on the suspicion panel just to gang vote a townie to death. There might be several disagreements, but the likelihood of this happening is about as much as the whole scum bandwagoning together on a townie.

Besides, this is just making the mayor a generic role. Anybody could play it this way. I fail to see how it benefits scum more than town, since generating more discussions is always good. And if scum bandwagon together and "mayor vote" together, they risk making themselves look like they are banding. Which also helps town identify them better. I could see how this mayor role benefits even if I am not the mayor, but somebody plays it this way.
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by Ztife »

Yay. I like percy now that he unvoted me.
Firestarter wrote:
I have a suggestion...

Instead of electing ... (Post 226)
This is WIFOM. If a person has a double vote, he could look more suspicious with his hammers and such if they are wrong. On the other hand, its just as explainable that he has to have sufficient reason to vote. It will be exactly the same as a person who has 1 vote, only that if it counts for 2.

Anybody with 2 votes will always try to shake off the responsibily when the vote goes wrong, whether townie or scum. Just about in the case where everybody will want to hammer and then say "Now that he is townie, it was a wrong hammer, but he was scummy". Anybody disagreeing other would be playing a WIFOM game, and for that to happen is rare anyway.

In a nutshell, everybody will
usually
say that it was a mistake to vote a townie (and usually don't even say at all), whether townie or scum did it, whether its 1 vote or 2 votes. Thus a scum-mayor doesn't make a difference with a regular scum, or a townie, or a townie-mayor, in terms of voting. When you vote, you essentially place yourself to think that a person is guilty. The only difference is it requires 1 less player to support. It doesn't make you more or less scummy just because you have a double vote.

On the other hand, what I suggested was to make people create MORE discussions when it comes to using the mayor's vote. I don't see how this will be bad for town, "blame" shifting is really just looking at things on the surface and not thinking it through.
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:40 am

Post by Ztife »

Firestarter, large post, difficult to quote, but basically in replies to you.

Any scum as mayor is definitely hurting more than having townie as mayor comparatively. Regardless of plans.

By having my suggestion scum will need to have reasons when they cast their self vote, and have reasons when they invoke mayor vote. Although the idea doesn't seem too popular anyway.|

Lastly, correction to my post.
I meant too early to lurker hunt instead of scum hunt
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (isolation #4) » Mon May 25, 2009 10:43 pm

Post by Ztife »

I've gathered alotttttttttt of berries, gonna make some jam, do a re-read and join the party tonight.
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (isolation #5) » Thu May 28, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by Ztife »

NabakovNabakov wrote:@Juls: First, it's absurd that I would breadcrumb a third party role. Second, my predecessor was told N1 that he was dancing with DizzyIzzy, and it was clear the music was coming from a source other than him. I did not recieve similar notification N2. Who else was dancing with you?

As to Mufasa's claim, I am unconvinced.
-With the new revelation that all roles so far have been based on the card game (The best explanation of the roles I could find was this YouTube video), the inclusion of an "Impressionist" whose role doesn't match any others in name or abilities seems unlikely.
-It appears to me that a random lightning strike is not a pro-town thing to trigger (nor, for that matter, is a vengance kill in the hands of Mufasa)
-I don't see how the flavor of "impressionist" applies to other parts of the role. Why does killing the impressionist cause a random person to die? What does the woodland gathering have to do with his cycle of impressions?
-Mufasa opened the game by saying he "didn't fear death" which would be consonant with a role that only attained its true power upon lynch/NK. However, it seems this role is most useful if kept alive. Huh?

Some theories:
-Mufasa is scum with an elaborate fakeclaim designed to frighten the town (random death!) and push any possible verification into the far future (isn't it funny that Vig was the role he skipped over?). Basaically, IAWY2
-Mufasa is the Piper playing essentially the same gambit in the hopes of holding out to the end.
-Mufasa has been paired by the Cupid with another player as lovers (which would explain the random death but not the vengence kill).

@Juls: You say you have the cards available? A few questions:
-What exactly is the Cupid's win condition?
-How does the Piper work? It seems like his ability to charm expands by one person per night.
-What roles does the Thief select from?
That's new, I didn't know this game was based on an actual card game.

Also, it seems that the cards seems more like a power card than a role card, for instance the cupid player might be able to be both a townie or were-wolf, but it might be more balanced for it to be a townie role.
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (isolation #6) » Fri May 29, 2009 3:13 am

Post by Ztife »

Jahudo wrote:These people need to post more or tell us where they are on getting caught up:
knox, ztife, dramonic, and Shinnen_no_Me
I would, but honestly, 43 pages of text is really intimidating for me to try and do a re-read on. I would be glad for a summary or at least some quotes on important posts, but hey, who am I to request that? I'll probably work my way backwards to with the posts as the discussion goes on, there are always referals to be made backwards when there is a need to.
Mufasa wrote:Would you guys really believe me with a full claim?

My role is rather bazzar to me myself.

I am titled the impressionist. My role abilities changes each day on a cycle of doctor, Jailkeeper, vig, and vanilla.

It also states that when I am lynched I may bring down one other person with me, and another is brought down randomly.

The girls comming back made my cycle skip vig and go to vanilla.
Sounds fake for multiple reasons.

1) Does the impressionist exist in the card game? Since Juls have mentioned that the name of the original card game might be changed, is there such a role in the card game itself/

2) Your role could be placed in townie, mafia, and neutral, while I believe that its wise not to claim your actual alignment, this doesn't look anywhere pro-town to me. At best its 50-50.

3) When you are lynched you bring others down? This sounds extremely fishy, almost like trying to warn us not to lynch you. I don't see how this fits into the flavour of an "impressionist"

4) Why would girls coming back make you skip one part of your cycle of being a vig?
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by Ztife »

Jahudo wrote:We need Mufasa to talk with us about who his "vengeful kill" will be. This is important regardless of whether or not you think he has a vengeful kill.

NO ONE ELSE VOTE MUFASA RIGHT NOW!!

My preference is MikeSC (day 2 fence-sitting and preference for picking out smaller points of discussion instead of larger ones), dramonic (lurking vis a vis not giving opinions on the game and stalling to show any sign of giving opinions on the game), or Gorrad (gut based).

I would definately not want these people veng-killed: zwets, dizzy, juls.
I was about to hammer, when I read this.

This is about the 2nd time you are looking at more concern about who was being veng-killed, rather than thinking that mufasa is actual mafia. If you thought he was mafia and lying about his role why would you be this worried about the veng-killing claim?
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1236 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:47 pm

Post by Ztife »

Vote:dramonic

For wanting to see power roles. =)
Ztife
Ztife