Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Surye »

Tajo wagon, while I think premature, isn't the nonsense Cream is proporting it to be. Tajo definitely DID post in a way that felt like an endorsement of the idea. But I can buy that he is just poor at expressing what he ment, at least for now, as it was a question none the less.

AceMarksman has most of my attention. He attacked the MRC as such a bad and scummy idea, then turns around asking about a MVC, which I find hypocritical. There's nothing wrong with him asking about the idea, but the fact that he attacked tajo for the same thing as far as I am concerned has my attention.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Surye »

AceMarksman wrote:Surye- I was just wondering about the town's feelings towards a vote claim, which is very different from a role-claim, right?
Agreed, however, votes are most likely related to roles, and if you felt that strong about tajo's suggestion as you seemed to be, your post seems odd.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Surye »

AceMarksman wrote:tajo: because rule 13 is very specific warning us not to, and it was a bad idea in MKMI.

Surye: Oh yeah, I didn't think that number of votes would be indicative of role importance.
Yet you talk about MKMI? I thought even a light read over MKMI would make that very obvious, plus the fact that it's such an obviously important game mechanic.

But anyways, my vote is no claiming of any kind at this point.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Surye »

zwetschenwasser wrote:So this is why a massclaim was bad... :-)
The irony is that a mass claim BEFORE we realized what was going on would have probably broken the game. Bowsers army would fake claim thinking we were mafia of some sort, pretending to be mario roles, and mushroom kingdom may have caught on, and may have caught on, and role claimed either their real role, or a bowser role, causing.... okay, it's too convoluted to predict, but it would have been interesting ;P
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Surye »

Empking wrote:
caf19 wrote:
@ Emp, it's kinda obvious that someone was going to ask you for reasons, but I'm going to do it anyway... reasons for your vote plz.
Its impossible to get a Bowser's Army Role PM and think "I'm scum" or at least when you find out you're scum think "Oh like Space Monkey"

Lawrence wasn't hiding who the town was at all.
I imagine us MKMI players were most easily fooled. I was bowser army last game, so for months my mind equivocated that with scum. Now getting another bowser role, I thought the same thing myself. So his line of reasoning is not impossible. (and yes, I claimed bowser army, but like any town claim, I think it's implicit if not explicit).
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Surye »

And to add, I even asked if I don't get to know who my scum buddies are, needless to say, I didn't get anything. Anyone confused initially has major bonus points in my book as likely town. As it goes on, (including me) has much much less value to being town.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Surye »

Zwet, Tajo, Ace are +1 town right now.
Shin is +2 scum, he seemed so matter of fact about the confusion, like his role PM gave him so much more information that made things clear. Then he jumped on voting zwet like that so fast.

Vote: Shin
to put a little more behind that +2.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Surye »

Empking wrote:Surye: Do you think this quote make it clear that MKers are the invaders/ambigious/clear that BA are the invaders?

After the successful defence against the attack of Bowser and his army (link), the people of the Mushroom Kingdom decide to strike back and get rid of Bowser*s army once and for all. They plan an assault on Bowser*s Castle, the residence of the now slain King of the Koopas. After the preparations they successfully get inside the castle, because without their great leader the guard turns out to be very ineffective. But inside, it is so dark that nobody can see who is who. Again, everybody has to find out who is who in order to kill who they want to kill. Maybe the inhabitants of this castle aren*t so helpless after all...

It did not occur to me, no. I saw this as a continuation of MKMI, I did not think of the scum party flopping.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Surye »

Yes, ambiguous. Had I not had a reason to assume BA was scum, I may have read it differently. But I went into it with that preconception before I even read that.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:22 am

Post by Surye »

Shadow Knight wrote:
vote Surye

I didn't have any confusion about which side I'm on and it feels like you're trying too hard to find something scummy so soon into this game.
Imagine that. I don't remember you spending months on end in a role opposite of what you would expect that to be now. So I wouldn't expect you to have the same expectations. Which I've stated. And you might want to try finding things scummy, if you're on town side.

And last time I even sort of had a traitor role, so the idea of me not knowing my scum buddies didn't even seem that strange.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:24 am

Post by Surye »

And I also find it funny you're voting me because you think I'm being scummy by looking for scum this early in the game, but you are doing exactly that same thing a single post later. :P
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Surye »

When worded properly, we can confirm the questioner and answer-er, given the descriptions. I have no issue with that, however there's one item I think will be renderer less useful. Ultimately though, given the nature of power-roles in MKMI and items, the general town abilities are not hard to guess.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Surye »

Surye wrote:When worded properly, we can confirm the questioner and answer-er, given the descriptions. I have no issue with that, however there's one item I think will be renderer less useful. Ultimately though, given the nature of power-roles in MKMI and items, the general town abilities are not hard to guess.
I think it's clear that I have the item descriptions. And at the time I would have assumed everyone did.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Surye »

Unfortunatly this looks a lot like tajo from MKM I, tons of non sequitors, with little explaination, and rash call to action when people call him on it. And he was town. Also, agree or not with the item claims, but forcing tajo to reveal what he hopes to point out about the results seems scummy to me. Also, item description claim and item knowledge claim are two different things, and i think people are confusing them. tajo is asking for the latter, not the former, if im not mistaken.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Surye »

populartajo wrote:Err, why unfortunately?
Because poor logic is a bad town trait.

Mod edit
Visible Votecount

-Shinnen_no_Me (2): Riceballtail, Surye
-Gorrad (2): Empking, ortolan
-zwetschenwasser (1): Shinnen_no_Me
-Surye (1): zwetschenwasser
-AceMarksman (1): Shadow Knight
-killa seven (1): qwints
-ortolan (1): populartajo

Not voting (8): killa seven, Moratorium, WeyounsLastClone, Cream147, Gorrad, caf19, AceMarksman, semioldguy

With 17 alive it takes 9 real votes to lynch.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Surye »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Nice catch, tajo.
Unvote; Vote: Surye
Whoa, interesting move zwet. Did you read my post? Do you know what rash and non sequiter mean?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”