The Sopranos: A Deadly Game (GAME OVER!)

al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

like /in yo...

er.. uh..

/confirm

>_>
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #41 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

millar13 wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:When do I get to whack someone?
Vote:ZONEFACE
for being trigger happy :twisted:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Vote: Millar13

for arguing against someone being triggerhappy in a Soprano's game...
So from this we can garner:

MonkeyMan576 is Tony Soprano *bows*.

ZONEACE is the goon of the family, obviously town.

Millar13 is obviously not a part of the family, thus, on the outside, and therefor, scum!

Day 1s are never this easy. Thank you for helping out Millar13!
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #68 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:17 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

fuzzylightning wrote:He also has yet to make a post, as far as I can tell, but the wagon may be a bit out of control right now, seeing as it is only page 3
It's a slight of an exaggeration to say the bandwagon is out of control. If it went to where he was at L-3, that would be way out of control, but that happening in the RVS, makes less so of an out of control bandwagon.
Porochaz wrote:
Mod is it possible to get the number of people voting for each person by the name?
Seconded.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #77 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

ZONEACE wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:

ZONEACE is the goon of the family
no.
So you're not part of the family?

Unvote, Vote: ZONEACE
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #94 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:47 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

ZONEACE wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:

ZONEACE is the goon of the family
no.
So you're not part of the family?

Unvote, Vote: ZONEACE
I'm not part of Tony Soprano's crew. He is not my capo, there I am not one of his goons.
I said you're part of the family, the
DiMeo
family. I never said you were part of Tony's crew. And you said "No", as in you're not part of the DiMeo family.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:54 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

AshMC1984 wrote:
Kise wrote:Indeed I am. InHim should be ashamed of himself as well, but with Ash being
the last person who joined the bandwagon
, I voted for him because he oughtta know better (if he's townie) that you
don't needlessly hop on a baseless
voting-party.

How long will you stay on Empking's wagon?
Shouldn't you now change your vote to Hohum? (See bold above and hohum quote below).
hohum wrote:
Vote Empking
He is now the last to join this baseless wagon.
AshMC1984 wrote:
Kise wrote:Ash, am I suppose to change my vote to every person that hops on Empking's wagon thereafter? :?
Yes, if they do it for a "baseless" reason, which is pretty much anything now since he hasn't posted. Your reason for voting me is stated as being the last to join it and joining it baselessly. hohum has now taken my title as most recent person to vote for emp baselessly. Technically yes, you should switch to hohum judging by your criteria. Or better yet, see my logic in my last post and join my al-wagon.
Kise voted you (at the time the last bandwagonner) before HoHum's vote, and HoHum's vote wasn't long after. If Ash quickly changed his vote on that principle alone (voting the last bandwagonner w/o merit), his vote would lose weight and emphasis. In a sense, it shows that as soon as somebody else places their vote, Kise would forget about previous players, and turn to the new player to vote, or in other words, to accuse
of being scum.

There is no pressure in that, and it will be ineffective in scumhunting. You need to pick one and at least push it for a while to collect information and reactions, if nothing else, just as Kise is sticking with his vote on you.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #97 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:57 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

ZONEACE wrote:you said,
the goon
of the family. this is not true.

so, you still voting me makes you an idiot and I'm liking everyone else's logic against you
vote al_ko
I said goon because of this post:
We're a crime family, we send out goons to whack people. You want to whack someone. Vis a vis, you are a goon awaiting orders to whack somebody.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #101 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:16 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

millar13 wrote:
Vote: al_kohaulec
when you said FAMILY, everyone was thinking "The Tony Soparano Family/Crew so suggesting anything else afterward is just scum scum scummytastic
And why would I have known people would have misunderstood me like that? Tony Soprano is not the family, he is the
family boss
. So "Family" is inherently the same as "DiMeo Family". That's the only family there is.

I never suggested he was part of Tony's crew, which is completely different. If that's what I meant, I would have said he was part of the crew. You are misrepresenting me and what I said.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #122 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

elvis_knits wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:you said,
the goon
of the family. this is not true.

so, you still voting me makes you an idiot and I'm liking everyone else's logic against you
vote al_ko
I said goon because of this post:
We're a crime family, we send out goons to whack people. You want to whack someone. Vis a vis, you are a goon awaiting orders to whack somebody.
So you said goon in terms of the flavor, but not in terms of the the game of mafia (ie, a goon being scum)?

Don't you think that using the term goon is going to be a little confusing in this game, and it makes perfect sense for people to assume what they assumed you meant?
I couldn't think of any other way to put it. And when I think of the Sopranos, I think a mob family. Basically, a mafia, which is typically anti-town. This isn't the first game I've played where the flavor "mafia" are good guys, and the mafia are bad guys. If that makes any sense. It can get confusing, but at least it's not monkeys vs. gorillas.
SSF352 wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
millar13 wrote:
Vote:ZONEFACE
for being trigger happy :twisted:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:

for arguing against someone being triggerhappy in a Soprano's game...

ZONEACE is the goon of the family, obviously town.

Millar13 is obviously not a part of the family, thus, on the outside, and therefor, scum!

Day 1s are never this easy. Thank you for helping out Millar13!
I gotta know, how are you reaching the conclusion Monkeyman is Tony Soprano? Can you in any way explain this? I dont care so much about the ZONEACE part of the discussion, but where did this come from?
It came from Monkey's quote that I took in the same post. Looking back at that, I have no idea how I tied that together as a joke.... Monkey just mentions Soprano, and only in describing the game, not the character. That's a phail on my part.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #123 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

CJMiller wrote:
Unvote

Guns and booze don't mix.
They mix very well! My accuracy goes up 35% when I drink and shoot! Or is that fire rate? Hmm...
CJMiller wrote:
FoS: Dr. Melfi
for misspelling my name.
lol
I'm
usually the player whose name the mod misspells.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #125 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Yikes, I'm at L-3. That was fast.
Sir Tornado wrote:Al_kohaulic: But why mention Toni at all, knowing any such mention increases chances of scum guessing who that character is, by watching the reactions of other players?
I never considered that happening. In fact, I don't think I've ever played a game where even mentioning a character was bad mojo.

And I like how just after mentioning how my name is usually misspelled, the next poster misspelled both my name and Tony's.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #140 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

millar13 wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
hohum wrote:@elvis_knits: You always build cases on people this fast and this early?
Do you think building a case on someone is pro-town or anti-town?
You can never be sure to be honest, because someone may have a enough reason and scum-like traits for you to assume that they are town.

Its Pro-Town if your Town and Anti-Town if your scum :)
Intentions for a case are completely different from whether a case itself is protown or antitown. Mafia can do protown things, and town can do anti-town things. Such as citizens trying to lynch the cop, or a mafiate trying to build a case and lynch (bus) a fellow mafiate.

Your alignment has little relevance on whether making a case is protown or antitown. In most scenarios, building a case is protown because it generates discussion, elicits reactions from players, the accused, accusor, and other players, and gives much more to read from out o everybody.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #179 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:40 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

ZONEACE wrote:Building a shitty case is antitown. THATS HOW.
:O I have been proven wrong.

Well, not really. As MonkeyMan and SSF explained, it's poor play, but can still have pro-town results (though that's not always the case). That doesn't make it a
pro-town
, but it's not inherently anti-town either.
ZONEACE wrote:POOR PLAY IS ANTI-TOWN

God I go away for several months and you people STILL haven't learned that.

IF SOMEONE IS PLAYING POORLY THEY ARE WORKING AGAINST THE TOWNS BEST INTERESTS
I'll agree that players playing poorly tend to hurt the town. But players playing poorly are not inentionally working against the town's best interests.
ZONEACE wrote:Honestly, sometimes you have to lynch bad town players to get them out of the way. Right now, Al is either bad town, or worse mafia.
We aren't given unlimited lynches. Lynches are our tool against scum. We can't go wasting all of our lynches on "bad" players for the sake of eliminating them from the game. You lynch a bad player if you have a reasonable justification for the said player being mafia.

Also, how am I bad town? What makes me such a bad player?
Sir Tornado wrote:ZONEACE, if you think it was a personal attack rather than a possible flaw in your argument, then I don't have anything more to say.

Actually, I don't see the point of this in the first place.

Back to Al_kohaulec: Why DID you mention Tony in the first place? One does not randomly say that so and so person is a cop/doc in a normal game, so how is this different?
I wasn't even equating the two against each other. I am used to players from another board who do usually joke around about being a doc/cop though, in the beginning phase of D1. Their level of joking really gets out of hand, though...
ZONEACE wrote:
rajrhcpfreak wrote:
Kise wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:My inside info gives me good vibes from al's play so far.
Don't tease the cock if you don't plan on making it climax. I'm not going to gauge you for information, but I didn't get a damn thing that helps me to identify any other players here and who their character might be.
X

from the people attacking and defending, you get alot of information. of course we will find out loads more if we lynch someone. but reactions to bandwagons can give some great info vibes. and im still on the millar wagon
Except kise didn't say anything about knowing stuff from interactions, he said INSIDE INFORMATION
You do mean zwet, right?
inHimshallibe wrote:ZONEACE
is carrying us.

proxy ZONEACE

Bah, can't do that here.
I don't get what you're saying here. Is this an inside joke?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #186 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Sir Tornado,
Wizards of the Coast
millar13 wrote:You should always talk about more than one person on day one. Or if you going to stick to just one person....have a big case.
You can't really have a big case on day 1.. Day you should talk with many players, get reads on a number of people. A boatload of information can be garnered from Day 1 interactions (unless your A Series of Tubes [/insideJoke]).
Kise wrote:Just found this:
zwetschenwasser wrote:There are some mafia families who are trying to keep Tony Soprano in power for business reasons, and I'm assuming there are also usurper families. (this may or may not be a softclaim). Therefore, I think al is town.
Still, I don't see how Al is town, although I'm not saying that Al is scum.
I remember reading that from zwet... but I guess I overlooked the softclaim part. I thought everybody was talking about something else zwet said and I was lost.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #201 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:53 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

zwetschenwasser wrote:
fuzzylightning wrote:Zwet: as has been asked before, what information is this? Why the soft claim now?
FoS: Zwet
Blatant rolefish. It's enough for me to confirm that being in a different mafia family than Soprano's does not automatically label someone as scum.
I'm not trying to rolefish, Zwet, but I do want clarification.

When you say a different mafia family than the Soprano's, are you talking about Soprano's literal immediate family? Soprano's crew? The DiMeo family?

I would like you to clarify what you mean by being in a different family.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #214 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

millar13 wrote:What are peoples thoughts on role-claiming?
Umm.. no.

Why would we all want to role-claim? It's day 1. Mass claim can be very good down the road towards the end of the game, but this early it is bad.
Kise wrote:I think we shouldn't trust cops in this game. Just a funny thought, though.
:lol:
ZONEACE wrote:more al death please
How about you make a decent case? The only "reason" I've seen is that players misunderstood what I said.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #224 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I went back through the thread again...
Kise wrote:
Kise wrote:with Ash being the last person who joined the bandwagon, I voted for him because he oughtta know better (if he's townie) that you don't needlessly hop on a baseless voting-party.
It may take a bigger case to get Ash lynched,
but between him, inHim & yourself, one has to be scum
.. I just don't see a townie player hopping onto a now-5-person wagon so nonchalantly. Mafia more than likely would join the party since they can cover up the fact that 4 other people voted for Empking also. And from there, it's a chaotic case of "which one(s) out of the 5 are scum?"

Poro's vote can lightly be taken as an obv-joke vote.. but it's the bandwagon that follows that raises suspicion.
This didn't seem to be covered very well, but why do one of those three
have
to be scum? I would agree that it's a wagon that scum likely would have jumped onto to push a quick and easy lynch, but with the number we need to actually lynch somebody, and everybody on the wagon looked like they were bandwagoning onto a joke vote much moreso than a real bandwagon, I want to hear why you think one of those 3 players are definitely scum?
millar13 wrote:
when you said FAMILY, everyone was thinking "The Tony Soparano Family/Crew so suggesting anything else afterward is just scum scum scummytastic
Why did you wait until players started piling votes onto me before deciding to vote me? You were posting, and even commented on it, but waited until 3 other votes and more other players commented on being suspicious before you decided to add your vote. Trying to see if a bandwagon formed before trying to push it?
inHimshallibe wrote:
unvote
vote: al_kohaulec

Seemed to be the popular thing to do at this time.
This is just suspicious because you joined the bandwagon with no reason. You still haven't put any reason. You've jumped between a few players so far, but have added no content to the game at all, and fuzzylightning is the only vote you posted any sort of a reason on for voting.
Locke Lamora wrote:elvis: I agree there's been some confusion about 'goon' and 'family' in this situation, but I don't think that's only why al is scummy. This is what I don't like about al's vote on zoneface:
al_kohaulec wrote: I said you're part of the family, the
DiMeo
family. I never said you were part of Tony's crew. And you said "No", as in you're not part of the DiMeo family.
All zoneface said was 'no', as he pointed out. Going from saying no to the suggestion that he was the goon from the family to taking no as an indication he's not part of the DiMeo family at all is too much of a leap for me. That goes beyond just confusion; al has tried to make zoneface's one-word reply into something it wasn't.
Whether it was a stretch or not, it was an opportunity to push zoneace for more information. His response, saying he was part of the family but not the crew, was a plus in his favor. When he said no, I read it as saying "He's not part of the family" is false, but his post in response to mine clarified that he was responding to my "he's the goon in the family" sentence, more specifically, he's not a goon. So it gave me more information on zoneace by me pushing that.
hohum wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:zwet usually full claims. This is an improvement.

This is an improvement? hmm, well, fuck.
I agree with ek's assessment of zwet's play.

In other news:

unvote, voke elvis_knits

just to reiterate my point about her "case"
I'm still lost on this post. Could you elaborate on your vote and your "point"?
hohum wrote:@kise:

Your posts don't really contain much content. You're simply posting in order to look busy. Uncool.

Major scum points for your State the Obvious post earlier.
This post does surprise me. Kise has been posting content, and there are many other players who are barely even posting. From first view, hohum is the player I'd say isn't posting content. But reading his posts more focused, I can see some content in them, it's just hard to pull out what he's saying with how he says it. His push against Kise for "busy" posts is a little suspicious.
hohum wrote:I wasn't getting anything out of emp, sure. That's why I jumped off. But it still isn't your place to tear down other people's wagons.
kise wrote:How would you be able to reward me these points if you can't prove it? This is nothing more than a needless mischaracterization. There was no point in bringing this up, unless this is your petty attempt to throw another handful of dirt on my name.
You seem to just not get it. I'm not trying to be funny. I actually keep a point log in my journals when I play Mafia. It would probably serve you (and anyone else) a little better to pay attention and take notes on all your games. Point logs seem to nail scum better than 75% of the time as the game progresses, because the scum tend to stand out eventually.

As for the rest of your diatribe, meh: you don't really seem to be asking me anything as much as telling me off.
I originally quoted this for your comment on e_k, which is a few points in your favor. It's consistent with what you've said from the beginning, and follows good play. You stuck to a bandwagon for information, nothing was coming from it, so you left it.

Looking over this post again, though, I saw you saying you keep a point log. I agree this is very good and is something everybody should do. It's one of the best ways to catch players' contradictions.
Kise wrote:Actually, just thinking out loud, character-claiming could break the game. If you watch Sopranos, then you would know who has the DiMeo family's best interest in their hearts and who's an antagonist or backstabber, snitch, etc. I'm pretty sure we could narrow down the obv-town from the possible-scum. But, the biggest problem I have with doing that is exposing Tony Soprano, or any other Capos for that matter.

Ahem.
Kise wrote:
Besides, if I may paraphrase, you said it yourself: "Early in the game, no one really has anything to go off of." So then... what did you expect to hear from Emp?
I've never seen The Sopranos, so I wouldn't know. But if Character claiming could break the game, we should consider it. I hate mass-claims in the sense that it kind of "ruins" the game and takes all the fun out of it, but if we can use it to our advantage to scumhunt, we should definitely use it. I'll leave it up to players who are familiar with The Sopranos to determine if this is the case or not.
ZONEACE wrote:
Kise wrote:Actually, just thinking out loud, character-claiming could break the game. If you watch Sopranos, then you would know who has the DiMeo family's best interest in their hearts and who's an antagonist or backstabber, snitch, etc. I'm pretty sure we could narrow down the obv-town from the possible-scum. But, the biggest problem I have with doing that is exposing Tony Soprano, or any other Capos for that matter.

Ahem.
Kise wrote:
Besides, if I may paraphrase, you said it yourself: "Early in the game, no one really has anything to go off of." So then... what did you expect to hear from Emp?

you really think that if that was the case that MOS (and co-mod) wouldn't have given the "mafia" safe claims?
You should take a look at Clue Mafia. 3 games, all running simultaneously, with 3 different setups. Happened to correlate to the movie perfectly. Character claim would win the game for the town, and none of the scum were given safe claims. This game was modded by MoS.

So yes, I really think that if this game could have been broken by a character claim, that the mods wouldn't have necessarily provided safe claims. I don't know if MoS has ever done this before.

=====================

Of all the players, millar has acted the most scummy so far.

Unvote, Vote: Millar

zoneace has acted somewhat scummy, but I'm getting a feel for his attitude in how he plays, and that may be all that I'm reading.

hohum is wavering between scum/town, a bit more towards town.

inhim is looking suspicious. I want him posting more so we can gather more information on him.

Just about everybody else is neutral or townish, so I don't feel I need to go through them.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #226 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Kise wrote:*snip*

This is all hypothetically speaking. Understand how things look regardless of your alignment, because there's no credibility with anything you've done or tried to do in this game. It's nice that you're finally sticking with something by keeping the vote on me, but, again, no credibility. Why drop your earlier suspicions altogether? There is more than 1 way to get something out of Emp,
By earlier suspicions, are you talking about hohum's suspicions on EK? AFAIK, hohum had no suspicions of EK, he was just pushing to get a reaction.
Kise wrote: and there certainly could have been a stronger reason to vote for EK when you did.
This statement jumps out at me. What could there have been at the time that hohum voted EK that would have been a stronger reason?
Kise wrote:Also, has anyone [else] ever been in a game where a quick bandwagon actually did produce a valuable result, and not a mislynch? Does anyone think the bandwagon that formed on Emp was pro-town, or even had potential to get something relevant out of Emp?
I want to say I have been part of such a game, but nothing specific is coming to mind right now, at least not for D1 bandwagons. But I would say "Yes," it did have potential of getting something relevant out of it.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #230 (isolation #18) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I wouldn't say you "screwed it up". You posted your opinion of the bandwagon, and it had its merit. And I agree, there are other, better, ways to peg Emp as scum. I do say there was potential, but the potential wasn't that great. I still believe it was a worthwhile attempt, but if the wagon grew bigger, then the wagon itself would have grown much more suspicious.

And even the wagon itself provides some relevant information. I personally can't read much from it, though, cause everybody pretty much copy/pasted what the person above him said, and that's where I get the feeling most people were joking when they voted EK. If it weren't for your attacking hohum and others on the bandwagon, I wouldn't have realized that you had a very valid point that there likely could have been scum in that last three. I wouldn't put it at 100% that one of those three is scum, but there's a good enough chance of it to look at it.

My thoughts on that bandwagon are:
It was initiated and pushed based on RVS and a joke. There is no way the bandwagon would have been pushed to a lynch, so it was mostly harmless. It did, however, grow very quickly, so the temptation to hop on the wagon and push it would appeal to scum. So even despite the fact that it's very unlikely EK would have been lynched, the probability that at least one scum would have fallen into temptation of pushing that wagon is good. Since nobody (besides hohum after the fact) posted anything original for their vote, though, if there was a scum amongst those three, I wouldn't know where to start, so there's nothing I can pull from it, so I'm laying that aside and looking for other evidence to scumhunt.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #246 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:alko, please dont abbreviate Empking as EK.

EK, ek, e_k, E_K, elvis = elvis_knits
Emp, emp, E-king = Empking
Thank you, raj.

I think I need to do some rereading.. I know I misread that abbreviation earlier...

I thought millar and miller were going to be the only confusing names.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #254 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I don't see how claiming and dying D1 would be doing a favor. If it was at least D2, and I had a useful role, I would at least have relevant role information that would help. D1, it doesn't matter if I'm a cop, doctor, vanilla townie, or otherwise.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #334 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

ZONEACE wrote:
rajrhcpfreak wrote:you shouldnt policy anyone. its bad game play.
Play a game with Albert and say that.
I've played with Albert before, I'm pretty sure. Can't remember his play at all, though, so I can't say much about the policy lynch on Albert..

But otherwise, you
usually
shouldn't policy lynch people. Days 1 and 2 are more acceptable, but usually for pushing bandwagons and gaining more info, than to move to a lynch once more info comes around.

To say you were going to be voting hohum the rest of the game was really stupid, so I'm glad to see you're not sticking to that.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #335 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

millar13 wrote:coz either al is his scum-buddy, or he is following the lead of one of his partners?
what?

I thought I was the "active-wagon"?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #336 (isolation #23) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

EBWOP: nevermind, I understand what millar's saying now.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #339 (isolation #24) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:41 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Will you actually contribute anything this time, inhim?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #341 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:25 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Dr. Melfi
, how long do we have until the deadline?
Dr. Melfi wrote:
Prodding Flameaxe, fuzzylightning, zwetschenwasser, CJMiller, MonkeyMan576, Kise, Porochaz, Sir Tornado, Tom, and killa seven. As a side note, miller13 and mneme are on the borderline of being prodded, if they do not post soon.

Finding a replacement for AshMC1984.
10 being prodded, 2 about to be prodded, 1 being replaced. 13 out of 22 players in a game. That is not good, especially for a game this good.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #342 (isolation #26) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:33 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

I was thinking about hohum's initial push on EmpKing, and since I think Elvis whenever I think EK, I decided to read EmpKing's posts.

There wasn't much there, but
Empking wrote:
fuzzylightning wrote:Emp: what questions in particular is he dodging? Is that all you have to say on the subject?
The question I asked him. Yes.
Empking wrote:
fuzzylightning wrote:Emp: So you are voting him because you asked him a completely mundane question and he has yet to answer it? Why does that make him likely to be scum?
I think repeatedly ignoring a question puts himself as scummier than the other players.
I would agree, if the question had any significance whatsoever.
What makes your question one that's suspicious not to answer?
Does your question have any relevance?
Do you still think inhim is scum? Why?
Why is your vote still on inhim, and yet, after your following two posts, you've never referenced or mentioned him since?
In your last post, you asked if hohum or ZA have any votes on them. Why is this important? What does it mean if they do or don't have any votes on them?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #344 (isolation #27) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

millar13 wrote:13 out of 22 have a social life on the weekends....;)
lol

Except it's been longer than just the weekend for most, if not all of those 13.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #365 (isolation #28) » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

CJMiller, do you want to share your reasoning for voting me? Do you not find anything even the least bit suspicious in anybody else?

You have not contributed anything to this game so far. You've made two votes, one joke RVS vote for Empking, then one joke vote for me.

Then you confirm your vote on me, which sounds like a serious vote, but you don't premise it with anything.

Start contributing. You said you read through the game, you better have
some
thoughts.

Here, you make it clear you meant for just me to claim, as opposed to what your previous post sounds like, having a mass claim.
millar13 wrote:It was a claim on Al actually...don't try and say it was mass-claim.

Twisting my words much?
It sounded very much like a mass-claim at first, and you later (see above) made it clear you were specifically talking about me.
millar13 wrote:I never said Al should claim...twisting my words as well I see
Oh wait, now you're not talking about me? Every time somebody interprets your post, you accuse people of twisting your words and denying what you've said? You're not talking about a mass claim, you're not talking about me claiming, but you are talking about role-claiming to some extent (or is that also twisting your words?).

I really don't know what you're talking about anymore, millar, and I don't think anybody else does either. What
are
you talking about?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #389 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

mneme wrote:We have a deadline? Srsly -- I've seen people mention one in thread, but it's not on the first post, not on the topic, and not anywhere ON THE FIRST PAGE. Is the mod trying to kill us?

If we don't have enough time+impetus to change horses twice, I'm inclined to stay on al to the end--a thin clue is better than none. But I'd be happier with another month or so of today.
The first page says deadline happens in 3 weeks, but there's been no other mention of any deadline coming up from the mod, so I'm assuming it's not being enforced.. yet.

The mod has also ignored my question of when deadline is... so if deadline actually happens tomorrow, I will be shocked and very irritated.

I am still suspicious of millar, but as I think deadline is more than just a day away, I find Miller much more suspicious and likely to be scum.
CJMiller wrote:I will flip a coin to determine which should go tonight (as there are 6 votes on each).

RANDOM.ORG Coin Flip Result: millar13 (Heads)

Unvote
Vote: millar13
You've contributed nothing to this game, haven't interacted with anybody or responded to any questions, and randomly vote between the top two lynch candidates?

Unvote, Vote: CJMiller
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #392 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

hohum wrote:yeah, I don't like that last vote. Assume nothing that hasn't already been stated by the mod. When in doubt always fall back to the original written instructions.

If we do get caught up in a deadline I look forward to lynching you tomorrow.
3 weeks is a pretty generic rule, and Day 1s are very unique to the rest of the game. Also, from my experience, MoS is pretty lenient towards the deadline.

Not to mention there's been no actual mention of a deadline from the mod, which implies that we are not nearing a deadline. If there was suddenly a lynch tomorrow (by something other than majority), the majority of players will be mad at the mod. Especially those that have been requesting deadline extensions or even mention of a deadline.

I also don't believe it's not too late to lynch somebody who's been acting scummy and unhelpful, especially because I highly doubt that today will end tomorrow.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #396 (isolation #31) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

hohum wrote:so you think millar has been less scummy and unhelpful than cjmiller?
Well, scummy is hard to say. millar is slightly more scummy, very very slightly, in my eyes, but much more contributive than CJ.

So basically they're level of scumminess is not far apart, but millar is >> helpful than CJ. What's really done it for me is CJ's last post which ignores all posts prior and which refer to him (I'm sure I made a significant post directed at or about him), and he randomly votes for one of the two players around the noose.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #397 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Due to a few activities and the need for some sleep, I didn't even look at the site in the last two days. I'll be back to regularly scheduled posting tonight.
Still waiting for that posting that you promised *checks watch* three nights ago.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #399 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

"2. "Days" will last no longer than 3 weeks. If discussion lags, I will impose an earlier deadline. If discussion picks up, the deadline will be rescinded. Aren't I the nice one??? (the correct answer is... NO) "

:/ I kinda see what you mean. Deadlines can be lenient, but it sounds like you are correct, it sounds like a hard deadline sits on 3 weeks...

Unvote, Vote: Millar
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #423 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

CJMiller wrote:I was trying to jumpstart voting by doing a RANDOM.ORG coinflip on the two people (al_kohaulec and millar13) with six votes. It came up heads (millar13), so I went with it.
You're trying to jumpstart voting on two heavy bandwagon/lynch candidates? That doesn't even make any sense...
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #424 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Err... I don't think I've posted this yet, but I will be on V/LA from 7/28-8/5. I expect to still be on occasionally, but will be mostly preoccupied with other arrangements.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #432 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:24 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

elvis_knits wrote:It looks like he doesn't know what to fake claim since he's coming in here and asking if he's dead yet instead of defending himself or claiming, like a normal person would do.
Especially considering he's the one who pushed for (debatably) a claim of either myself, or mass claim, or of somebody who was being run up on a bandwagon.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #471 (isolation #37) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

CJMiller wrote:
Vote: rajrhcpfreak

You aren't making enough to please the Family. You must be whacked.
So you're voting for a player who chose to make money instead of kill somebody last night?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #537 (isolation #38) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I just got back from my little "staycation" but I'm still settling, and also putting in oodles of overtime hours to make up for the time I took off. I'll try to read up, but I probably won't be doing much until this weekend sometime.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #540 (isolation #39) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
CJMiller wrote:

So you're voting for a player who chose to make money instead of kill somebody last night?
ooh good point.... but as much as i would love to clear myself,
we can't eliminate the three of us that took jobs because only one person in a mafia group has to make a kill at night.
but i would assume that the three of us were "blocked" from making kills for night 1. its some info and since there is 3 killers on the lose right now i would assume that targeting the 3 people that did jobs would be the least of the town's concern.

This post strikes me as a little odd. Especially that bolded part. I think it sounds like a slip. You know that three of you took jobs, and that one person took a kill, so you're also suggesting that there are 4 of you in the mafia.

Vote: raj

Care to try to explain that?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #541 (isolation #40) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

SSF352 wrote:So, each player can earn money simply based on their position in the family. Also, any money earned by a player will have a portion of it kicked up to his/her superiors. Therefore, no clear information on scuminess can be taken from the list of highest/lowest earners. All we know for sure is the
three listed players
have the abilites (or in raj's case, handicap) that have been listed. I've been trying to come up with an idea on how the information from the list can help us, but I cant come up with one.

Also,
Vote: cjmiller
. Between D1s odd voting without any sort of reasoning, and today's vote of raj simply because he's the lowest earner, I'm thinking you dont really care about who we lynch, as long as we lynch somebody.
O.O
I guess I posted too soon.
Unvote: Raj

After reading this, I realize you were talking about the three
listed
players. When you mentioned the mafia, I thought you were talking about them -_-. My mistake, I should have kept reading before just posting.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #542 (isolation #41) » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

elvis_knits wrote:Noticing something weird...

Alko
was the first one to say that raj took a job last night:
al_kohaulec wrote:
CJMiller wrote:

And then raj confirmed it, but not before alko said it.

So, this is probably partly where the misunderstanding came from about earnings and jobs. I remember I just sort of assumed this was right because I didn't actually understand the earnings thing yet. (Yesterday I had several PM's with the mod trying to figure out how earning work... and am not even sure I understand all the special mechanics yet.)

The way I see it, there are two possibilities:

1)Alko thought listed earnings were only from jobs (which is what I assumed after reading his post and raj's confirming the job). Or some other misunderstanding which led him to think that raj took a job?

or

2)Alko
KNEW
raj did a job last night. If it's this -- how did alko know? This option naturally makes me suspicious of them. I guess there are roles besides scum that could communicate at night, but scum is a definite possibility.

ALKO -- please explain why you thought/knew raj did a job last night?
I was posting quickly before I left to go out of town, so I was thinking "raj made money, so he must've taken a job." If I'd have thought about it, though, this would have been stupid to assume because that would mean everybody would have had to have taken a job, and with three nightkills, we know that isn't the case. As it's pointed out later and in the rules, everybody also has a base salary.
Dr. Melfi wrote:
Profit
- In addition to profit from jobs, players also earn a base amount of money each night based on their position within the organization. After each night is resolved, players will be notified how much total profit they have made so far. The top two earners as well as the bottom earner will be listed publicly. The rest of the rankings will be unknown.
I pulled this quote out, but it doesn't do much good now since somebody else already beat me to the punch.
rajrhcpfreak wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:Noticing something weird...

Alko
was the first one to say that raj took a job last night:
al_kohaulec wrote:
CJMiller wrote:

And then raj confirmed it, but not before alko said it.

So, this is probably partly where the misunderstanding came from about earnings and jobs. I remember I just sort of assumed this was right because I didn't actually understand the earnings thing yet. (Yesterday I had several PM's with the mod trying to figure out how earning work... and am not even sure I understand all the special mechanics yet.)

The way I see it, there are two possibilities:

1)Alko thought listed earnings were only from jobs (which is what I assumed after reading his post and raj's confirming the job). Or some other misunderstanding which led him to think that raj took a job?

or

2)Alko
KNEW
raj did a job last night. If it's this -- how did alko know? This option naturally makes me suspicious of them. I guess there are roles besides scum that could communicate at night, but scum is a definite possibility.

ALKO -- please explain why you thought/knew raj did a job last night?
personally i saw 3 people up there and i assumed we were the three people that were able to do the jobs. i didnt read or hear that everyone had jobs.

i also had an epiphany. i had to have done a job. if we are ranked and other people get your money, people higher than you, then i have to be the low man on the totem pole. so because most of my money is given to others then that confirms that i did the did a job. if i didnt do a job i would have 0 money.

FOS inhim

you vote for me because of somthing alko said? i can only assume that he was thinking like me because all i knew was that i had taken a job.

now there is somthing there, did you take a job alko?
i think alko just confessed to not taking a job.
I'm not sure how the first part of what you said corresponds to inhim.

As for the rest of what you say, I don't see how you assume I confessed to not taking a job? I took a job, I just made more money than you.
mneme wrote:I'm going to Worldcon tomorrow early. Might not post until next Tuesday -- sorry about that (might have wifi somewhere in Montreal -- dunno), if so.

I'm a little mixed here.

On the one hand, raj's claim that he gets no income is provable -- just don't take a job tomorrow and you'll show up as having 0 income (and worst earner).

On the other hand, there's Raj suggesting a mass "I didn't have a night action" claim -- which is tres scummy, as scum can lie, and thus what it mostly does is expose power roles to the scum. Not cool.

Moreover, Raj proving he didn't take a night action last night proves nothing except that he's not a serial killer. But I'm not thinking he's a SK -- I'm thinking he's part of an evil group--and one member of an evil group might have done a kill while the rest took jobs. So even if he did do a job last night, this far from clears him.
I think it might be worthwhile to see raj's income if he doesn't take a job tomorrow. If he took a job, and his payout on top of his salary causes him to be the lowest earner, below those who did not take a job, it's highly likely that he has the lowest salary of all players. And I think it near impossible for another player to be the lowest earner if raj does not take a job. I don't think his income will be $0, but if raj comes out tomorrow with less than $3000 profit, then we know that he was honest about having taken a job yesterday.

Then again, this once again would only prove he's not a serial killer. If he was a part of a mafia, he could simply be taking the kill and let the rest of the team make money. So I guess I'm not sure what we would gain from this. I'll still put it out there, in case if anybody else can see a way we can gain something from raj not taking a job tomorrow.
elvis_knits wrote:It's true about kicking up money, you can see it in the rules:

*snip*

But also, players earn a base amount:

*snip*

So even if raj is like the lowest guy possible, could he have gotten his base salary and done a job, and still only made 3,000, even if we figure that he had to kick up money and his base might be low?
*snipped* cause my post is getting fat.

This reminds me why I brought up raj not taking a job tomorrow. We know his wages are very very low. If raj agrees to not take a job tomorrow night, and tomorrow he comes up as the lowest earner with $6000, then we know he lied about taking a job yesterday, and is probably mafia.

On the one hand, I find it surprising that somebody who took a job made overall less money than people who did not take any jobs. But on the other hand, somebody who makes so little is the kind of person I would expect to have a vanilla role.
zwetschenwasser wrote:It's impossible to make 0$, right?
I think it's very unlikely, but there is a possibility of it. I very highly doubt that MoS would have made anybody's salary $0, though.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #556 (isolation #42) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

elvis_knits wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:Why does everybody insist on saying that they know exactly how much money came from each source of income? We only know total income, correct?
I only know my
total

Looking at special mechanics there seems to be a few ways to make money -- base salary, kick ups, second earner gives 5% to somebody. I do not think we are notified what came from where -- I know I was not.
This is my understanding of the salary mechanic:

You make money for taking a job and completing it.
If you are a "higher up" in the mob, you get a % of the money made by those below you who made money from a job.
You make a fixed amount based on your position in the family.

If you read the rules under "Profit" you'll see that it mentions you make a base amount of money based on your position within the organization. This very well could be $0, but either way, it is NOT salary as we have been referring to it as. It's like salary, but not exactly the same. I still stand by saying that it's highly unlikely that somebody's base amount is $0.

We are not told how much we made from what source. The only information we are given is our total profit.
zwetschenwasser wrote:Then why are zone and raj so sure that the money only comes from jobs?
I don't think there's anything to be taken from this. I would believe it's more of a misunderstanding of the new rules MoS made than anything else.
rajrhcpfreak wrote:is comes from the fact that i did a job and i still have the lowest amount of money.

also it comes from the idea that money isnt being created out of thin air. but i dont know anything about a salary, i dont know any thing about it from my role. maybe your role states that you automatically get so much salary.
Everybody
is making
some
money. So in that sense, money is coming out of thin air.

If you're trying to relate this to the real world, where something isn't created out of nothing, this is far from the real world. Even relating it to that, there's more to the real world than "us", the players. Think of hypothetical outside sources as our means of income. the idea that "money can't be created out of thin air" is no basis for thinking most players's base salary is $0.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #576 (isolation #43) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

MafiaSSK wrote:Why are we talking about mechanics anyways?
Vote Alko
for starting up this whole discussion
Why are you claiming I started this conversation? Because I attacked somebody who accused somebody of being mafia simply for making the least money?

I contributed after the discussion started, yes, and I believe those who are saying that we need to do scumhunting and not discuss role mechanics are right, but I would not say I started this discussion.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #578 (isolation #44) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

FoS: Zwet
For his OMGUSy vote on Zoneace. I'd call Zoneace's vote OMGUS, except he was attacking and FOSing Zwet just before his vote, so it's not.

Zwet's vote doesn't appear to have any reasoning behind it either. He's been contributing to the whole job/salary discussion, then when a few players start saying it's a scummy distraction, it looks like he jumps on that bandwagon and cries out scum at the "unknown person" who started the distraction, and then OMGUS votes Zoneace for FoSing him and calling him a lurker.

Vote: Zwet

I saw some of his posts from D1 as potentially excusable, he could've had a reason for them, but it could have gone either way. Now he's looking too opportunistic.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #580 (isolation #45) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

@Zoneace,
and I attacked (or rather questioned pending an attack) CJ for attacking Raj for that reason.

MafiaSSK wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:Why are we talking about mechanics anyways?
Vote Alko
for starting up this whole discussion
Why are you claiming I started this conversation? Because I attacked somebody who accused somebody of being mafia simply for making the least money?

I contributed after the discussion started, yes, and I believe those who are saying that we need to do scumhunting and not discuss role mechanics are right, but I would not say I started this discussion.
Wait, who'd you accuse?
Unvote
You might not call it much of an accusation, but this is what I said, directed at CJMiller.
al_kohaulec wrote:
CJMiller wrote:

And I'm not going to comment yet on this, because CJMiller still has yet to respond, or even to post since then.

But back to you voting me for starting this discussion. Do you think I scummily derailed town with a devious plan to rile up discussion on jobs and salary with that post above? Cause if not, I didn't post again until 3 days, 2 pages later, after the town was deep in discussion on that topic.

FoS: MafiaSSK

How do you possibly conclude that I started this anyways? Especially considering I wasn't here for most of it. That's a pretty wild, and faulty, accusation.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #584 (isolation #46) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

MafiaSSK wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:CJmiller is the one that attacked Raj for making so little money.
Right then.
Vote CJ
Okay, I can see now why you voted me with your pretense. But now I have to ask what you find scummy about CJ's actions? You're voting him for starting this entire discussion that "derailed us from scumhunting" so to speak. But he simply voted Raj for making the least money and hasn't posted since. I am not seeing any logic or reason in your vote for CJ that sounds justified.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #587 (isolation #47) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

MafiaSSK wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
Right then.
Vote CJ
Okay, I can see now why you voted me with your pretense. But now I have to ask what you find scummy about CJ's actions? You're voting him for starting this entire discussion that "derailed us from scumhunting" so to speak. But he simply voted Raj for making the least money and hasn't posted since. I am not seeing any logic or reason in your vote for CJ that sounds justified.
How is distracting from scumhunting not scummy?

And his vote was really loigicless.
His vote really was logicless, but that wasn't the basis for your vote.

The basis for your vote was that CJMiller was distracting the town from scumhunting.

I don't see how CJ's post could have been intentioned as such a big distraction from scumhunting. I would probably agree with whoever said it before, that it was organic. If you tried to put the sole blame on any one player, I could understand Raj or somebody else, but I do not see how CJ's post was meant as a distraction to the town.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #588 (isolation #48) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

ZONEACE wrote:still would love some more input on my suggestion of an income claim.
As far as this and a mass-job-claim, I don't have a strong opinion, but am leaning against it.

I feel that there is too much risk in giving away too much information to the mafia if we claim that (either claim). I don't know how MoS set up the game, so that may not be the case, but right now I don't want to risk it.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #592 (isolation #49) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Zoneace,
You bring up a good point to consider, but I'm not sold on it yet. I will at least have to think about it some more, but as of now, I'm still against it more than for it.

MafiaSSK wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
Right then.
Vote CJ
How is distracting from scumhunting not scummy?

And his vote was really loigicless.
His vote really was logicless, but that wasn't the basis for your vote.

The basis for your vote was that CJMiller was distracting the town from scumhunting.

I don't see how CJ's post could have been intentioned as such a big distraction from scumhunting. I would probably agree with whoever said it before, that it was organic. If you tried to put the sole blame on any one player, I could understand Raj or somebody else, but I do not see how CJ's post was meant as a distraction to the town.
When he voted, he knew he could start a discussion about his reasoning. With a reasoning about mechanics, it's easy to get the town distracted from finding scum.
While I am finding CJ suspicious, I am finding this a very poor excuse to vote him.

When you say "When he voted,
he knew
..." you are getting very speculative and assuming quite a bit. I don't expect the typical player to try to plan out every which way his/her vote will be interpreted/discussed by the rest of the town when it's made, and by a player such as CJ, I would expect it much less so. And most players's votes are not dragged into such a huge town discussion, not to mention dragged into such independent of any future actions by the player who "initiated" it.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #603 (isolation #50) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:42 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Inhim, since SSK's vote on me, he basically said it was a mistake and he meant to vote CJMiller (he mixed up who "started" the distracting discussion). Does this change your opinion of making him a GG?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #613 (isolation #51) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:37 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

CJMiller wrote:Why?
Have you been reading this game this entire time and not posting?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #619 (isolation #52) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

ZONEACE wrote:in CJ's defense (which there isn't much of) asking "why" in response to anything zwet does is a valid reaction since HE DOESN'T GIVE A FUCKING REASON FOR ANYTHING AND NEEDS TO DIE. NOW
I'm not pleased with CJ or Zwet.

Zwet's going for easy lynches, as you said, doesn't post any reasoning for anything and refuses to, and is entirely unhelpful.

CJ's post coming when it did makes me think he has been following the game and just not posting. He's trying to fly under the radar. I don't know if he's OMGUSing Zwet or voting to save himself or what he's doing, but he's lurking and also not helping the town.

We shouldn't forget any of the scummy things either have done, but I'm still going to push both to
contribute
and
post something
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #621 (isolation #53) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

We need a mod who actually takes vote counts.

CJMiller - 5 - elvis, SSF, Sir_Tornado, SSK, zwet
zwet - 4 - zoneace, alko, raj, CJMiller
mneme - 2 - Locke II, inhim

10 to lynch

Take this vote count with a grain of salt.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #622 (isolation #54) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

ZONEACE wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:

CJ's post coming when it did makes me think he has been following the game and just not posting. He's trying to fly under the radar. I don't know if he's OMGUSing Zwet or voting to save himself or what he's doing, but he's lurking and also not helping the town.

We shouldn't forget any of the scummy things either have done, but I'm still going to push both to
contribute
and
post something
there's plenty of time to pressure/lynch cj tomorrow, after we've dealt with the unending distraction/waste of life that is zwet.
If we choose to stop all other discussions until one player is lynched, we're restricting the information that will become available to us, and that helps the mafia much more than town.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #639 (isolation #55) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:44 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

ZONEACE wrote:i suggest this because CJ claims to have an ability, that while not 100% confirmable, can be collaborated, in theory, by the person he follows after his reveal tomorrow.

While Zwet has proven to be useless and a D-bag, over and over.
lol

I like zoneace's posting.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #651 (isolation #56) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

CJMiller wrote:
Mod: Vote count please.
CJ et all:
PM MoS any mod requests. Otherwise he won't respond.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #654 (isolation #57) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I fully agree Zoneace. It makes me less interested in playing knowing we don't have anybody committed to modding this game :/

But it doesn't change the fact that if we don't send in a PM, nothing will ever happen.

Which, btw, I did send a PM.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #656 (isolation #58) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Your are absolutely correct. We have two mods but no parent.

Dr. Melfi will giver her diagnosis tomorrow.

And yes, the first diagnosis of the day.

I posted a vote count a page ago I think though. It should be mostly accurate.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #666 (isolation #59) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Let's hope it actually happens...
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #667 (isolation #60) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Phail.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #731 (isolation #61) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Well it looks like we actually have posting again. Now I need to catch up.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #786 (isolation #62) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I realize I've fallen behind some, but I'm also in the process of moving right now. I'm trying to move in Saturday sometime. I don't know how long it'll take me to get internet access. So I'm going to be away for a few days.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #800 (isolation #63) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

There's still a lot I need to read and a lot of context I need, but I am happy with Zwet's change of playstyle enough to

Unvote: Zwet

As a side note, I'm almost finished moving in. I should be finished by tonight, then hopefully I can get set up with internet.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #805 (isolation #64) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I may as well make myself somewhat useful before day ends.

If I'm not mistaken, Zwet will be lynched unless if somebody unvotes or if at least 3 more people pile onto a Kise wagon. The only likely scenarios I see are zwet being lynched, or a no lynch occuring.

Zwet, do you have any last words to say before you go?

I will try to review as much as I can in the brief time I have before deadlien to place my vote where I believe it should go. I don't know if it'll amount to anything or not, though.

Alko Vote Count #2:

zetshenwasser - 5 (ZONEACE, rajrhcpfreak, CJMiller, Kise, elvis_knits)

Kise - 3 (zwetschenwasser, mneme, SSF)
CJMiller - 2 (SensFan, MafiaSSK)
killa seven - 2 (inHimshallibe, Locke Lamora)
ZONEACE - 1 (Empking)

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch. The deadline for Day 2 is August 24th.

al_kohaulec, MafiaSSK, magichands, and Gorrad have been prodded.

Side note, I never received a prod :/. I just happened to show up at the same time he posted that.

Also, there's no specific time on the deadline... I dont have any idea what this means..
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #838 (isolation #65) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

zwetschenwasser wrote:My role gives me a feeling that Al is pro-town. The fact that Al came up and flat out claimed to be from a non-DiMeo crime family suggests that he may be part of mine, and since I'm not in the DiMeo crime family and still support Tony Soprano, Al looks a lot like town in my eyes.
Just for clarification, what exactly do you mean by not being part of the family?

Not part of the Soprano crew?
Not part of the biological DiMeo family?
Not aligned with the DiMeo family?
Part of another mafia family?
Other category?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #850 (isolation #66) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Zoneace brings up a good point. Who is KY Krew?

CJ, talk.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #877 (isolation #67) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I am Carmine Lupertazzi, Sr., the boss of the Lupertazzi crime family. I have a one-shot lynch immunity (used up already), and the ability to be untargetable on any nonconsecutive nights (the ability name is "hide in Boston"). Apparently lots of my mafia connections involve the DiMeo family, and I am good friends with Tony Soprano himself, and I win when there's nothing threatening the DiMeo (Soprano's) family.

Now I see I made a misunderstanding with al, so I'm not sure about his alignment at the moment, since I thought he was referring to not even being in the DiMeo family at all, so I can see al as some sort of usurper role, but whatever.
It's good to understand what you were getting at now.

I
am
in the DiMeo family, the mafia family, and am loyal to Tony. I am not blood-related to Tony (as far as I know. I don't watch the show, but as I understand I am not.).

But I can believe that Zwet's sticking his neck out for me the way he did as coming from a townie. I don't see him as cleared yet, but this is a strong point in favor of Zwet being town.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #885 (isolation #68) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

ZONEACE wrote:
vote cjmiller

cause i shouldn't be advocating the in absentia lynch unless i'm willing to take part in it.

29 hours and counting since CJ posted without claiming.
I don't think he's going to claim. I pushed him for the majority of the last day to no avail. I believe he's just going to try to lurk in the expectation that everybody will forgot about him.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #900 (isolation #69) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Combined with Zoneace's point that taking a job counts as a night action, CJ's claim sounds reasonable.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #911 (isolation #70) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:38 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

So you start day trying to bandwagon onto the player who was lynched yesterday?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #915 (isolation #71) » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Kise wrote:I was showing that to Al.
Whether or not Zwet survived the lynch isn't relevant to my statement. CJ is mindlessly jumping on a bandwagon without consideration to how Zwet was shown to be honest in his claim.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #973 (isolation #72) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Don't know if anybody's missing me or not yet, but if nobody noticed, my interest has dropped significantly around the time when we had no mod.

I do hate leaving a game, though, so I'll try to get back into it. The mod seems to be active enough now.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #981 (isolation #73) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Vote count is on last page, so it looks like CJ has 7 votes, 9 to lynch, or by deadline tomorrow he's deadline-lynched. Looks like either way, he's going down.

Vote: CJ

His claim is plausible, but questionable. Altogether, his play has been poor and anti-town. He's posting now, with minimal content, because his head is on the chopping block. But before that he just lurked and ignored any posts directed at him.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1011 (isolation #74) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Locke Lamora wrote: I think knowing Al's alignment would tell us an awful lot. I think it's fairly likely that amongst MonkeyMan, Raj, Porochaz, SSF and Al, there's a whole lot of scum. Empking's also scum but he can wait, as his lynch would tell us much less and he's not going to bother responding to people properly anyway. Vig him or something.

Unvote; Vote: al_kohaulec
So you know empking is scum, but you want to lynch me who you don't know is scum?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1012 (isolation #75) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

zwetschenwasser wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Empking
He's been making more sense than this in other games lately.
Actually, this vote strikes me as odd. I vaguely remember something you said about activity levels and metagaming, but I was pretty sure it was with other players. Care to remind me why this makes Empking scum?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1014 (isolation #76) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:49 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

I won't believe you blindly. My opinion towards your alignment stems mostly from your first character, so I will be having trouble judging how much I can trust you now. But without anything other than "I know he's scum. Trust me." I can't just follow you.

This week is going to be killer for me. I think I may have time Friday to start looking into players again, but it's going to be a killer week.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1020 (isolation #77) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:48 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Locke Lamora wrote:Emp: I was told that Elvis is not loyal and that you're going against the family's interests.
This is interesting, and sounds like a good lead for us.

Just to confirm, w/e your role is you were told that Elvis is "not loyal" and you were told that EmpKing was "going against the family's interests". In other words, you got different results, but they align with each other?

EmpKing, do you have
any
explanation for why Locke would get this? Any defense for yourself?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1035 (isolation #78) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Empking wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:I think being scum explains the result. If you want a show-based reference, I believe Parisi had dubious loyalties. I don't think we should dwell on characters matching alignment too much anyway as I don't believe Elvis' character had much of a role or any animosity towards the DiMeo family.
Inham; Do you honestly believe that LL is a sort of flavour cop yet completely dismisses out of hand the idea that flavour has any effects on his results.

Unvote

Vote: LL

he's pretty obviously false claiming. (When not claiming, he can't keep the mechanics in his false claim in his head.)
This response seals it for me. Thank you, Emp.

Vote: EmpKing

It's very possible that flavour has an effect on his results. In fact, I expect it. Otherwise, he might as well be a full-fledged cop. I've played in games with roles like his before, and it's perfect for being able to send "guilty" results on town-aligned players or "cleared" results on non-town-aligned players, and yet, still be true cause he's a flavor cop.

So his result was really interesting and great to hear. It was also odd (but adds to his authenticity) that his results on you and the other scum were
different
but realistic. But in the end, while it is a good lead on scum, it's not a sure-fire shot.

However, you first try to paint some arguably reasonable distrust on his role/character. But then you OMGUS him desperately. Your response is very scummy and very unlikely to have come from town.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1056 (isolation #79) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:59 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

zwetschenwasser wrote:The game is losing activity because our mod doesn't really seem to be into it.
That's why I'm barely playing. It's really disappointing, this was such a promising game, too.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1074 (isolation #80) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Locke Lamora wrote:Still waiting for half the players to come in and state what they think of this situation. I'm not going to spend my time hunting down players who aren't going to bother responding. Sadly, due to the extreme amount of lurking, the severely slow speed of this wagon doesn't tell us a great deal, otherwise I'd be encouraged that scum were stalling to avoid their buddy's lynch. As things stand, it's just as likely that townies haven't bothered to catch up.
From my experience, with such low activity and no mafia dead, it's usually the mafia who are still active. They're, in a sense, the only team with a 'stake' left in the game, and currently have the advantage. So I definitely expect to see town lurking.

This doesn't mean the active players are scum in this game. Without looking through the last couple pages (how sad that it's only what, 2 pages?), I can only name you and empking as active posters, and you two obviously aren't scum together.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1085 (isolation #81) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:28 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Empking wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:This is getting pretty silly, isn't it? We're actually asking people to come in and vote for one of us and they won't even do that. You wouldn't think it was that much effort. I'll clarify briefly for the particularly lazy:

I have a guilty result on Empking. Empking disagrees and says I'm scum. Either he's a miller or one of us is scum. Place your votes now.
OK, now LL is unarguably scum.

He completely forgot what role he falseclaimed.
No, he summed it up pretty accurately. Your futile attempts to deface him just emphasize that your scum.

But nobody's playing the game, so don't worry, you won't die. Instead, the game will eventually be abandoned.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1092 (isolation #82) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:39 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Okay...

So why do we have such a long period of lurking/inactivity, and then suddenly a string of bandwagon posts in a row?

Do any of you have
anything
to add to any discussion relevant to this game?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1135 (isolation #83) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:30 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Yay! It's day.

I'll try to make an analysis of all players after my midterms this week. It looks like we finally have some new players who'll help make this game active.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1167 (isolation #84) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:45 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

1. Knight of Cydonia
(replacing Drench (replacing Flameaxe)) - KoC's first post was promising, but then he wagoned K7 for a policy lynch. I forgive that for somebody who just replaced in (as their random voting phase vote), except KoC's been sitting there and K7's has a wagon forming on him now. His predecessors have nothing to provide any read on.
2. SSF352
- actively participates and looks at cases with some insight. Actively analyzes cases, looks at reason, overall looks pro-town.
4. rajrhcpfreak
- Seems to provide some insight, but mostly, while he has posted a lot, he's posted little content. I have the feeling he's showing a presence without actually doing anything. Also, there's the oddity of how much he's made based on what job he's taken. I feel like Raj is high on my suspects list. I would like to hear if anybody has any more personal insight into this (unless it gives out too much info).
6. al_kohaulec
- Is me. And yes, I'm still under a lot of suspicion from Locke. I feel I can discount his suspicions with a claim, but obviously I want to avoid claiming unless I have to.
7. Locke Lamora II
(replacing fuzzylightning) - I'm convinced he's town. On top of that, he's the most active scumhunter we have (although he is mostly pushing for me), and he is using decent reasoning in his cases. I have many other reasons to believe he's town as well.
8. zwetschenwasser
- I also believe with strong reason that Zwet is town. He misinterpreted something I said, and stuck his neck out, even claimed to protect me because of what he assumed and what his role was. Zwet wouldn't put his neck on the chopping block for another town if he was scum. He did misunderstand what I was saying, but that doesn't change what he did.
10. MafiaSSK
(replacing AshMC1984) - Scummy. He's been bandwaggoning and attacking with poor logic the whole game. I only see SSK looking for easy lynches.
11. inHimshallibe
- Started out the game playing horribly, and then requested replacement, personal issues. But now he's back and playing, and he's actually trying. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and I'm leaning towards town. He appears to be playing authentically, for now at least.
13. Kise II
(replacing MonkeyMan576) - Hard to read on Kise II, and not mix it up with Kise I. Generally he sounds good, but I need to spend more time reading him.
14. ZONEACE
- Looks like he's doing a decent job scum hunting, but is also very narrow. He seems to pick one guy and attack Gun Ho that player until he/she is lynched.
18. Porochaz
- Participates little, and does no scum hunting. He's piggy-backing on other players, which absolves all responsibility on himself. This is scummy.
19. SensFan
(replacing Sir Tornado) - Is not here.
20. Kairyuu
(replacing Gorrad (replacing Tom)) - There's next to nothing to read here either. Kairyuu has posted questions to get some discussion going, which is good, but then he policy votes K7, which is bad. He's sticking with his vote on K7, on policy, which makes me lean towards scum for Kairyuu.
22. killa seven
- Has been here the whole game, but has not contributed. I don't know why he's being lynched right now, but I also don't see anything to push him on the side of town. Still, from lack of any participation or content, there's nothing to make him lean in any direction, which is really bad considering how far into the game we are.

Vote: Raj

I'd like to look over vote counts as well, if I can find the time...
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1219 (isolation #85) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

lol zwet.

I've seen games voted to be canceled before. I guess the mod will probably give us an answer as to whether or not we can do that about a week and a half after this upcoming deadline when he sees that people are voting to end the game :P
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1293 (isolation #86) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:33 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

MafiaSSK wrote:Yeah I really don't feel like claimin. Either way I get lynched.
You expect to be lynched either way, so, assuming you are town, would it be in the town's best interest to know what your role is and be able to act upon that information? Or is hiding your role and any information you know from the rest of the town more in the town's interests?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1347 (isolation #87) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Hey, sorry I haven't been around. I've been working on lots of projects, papers, and finals this last week and this week. I completely forgot about the game until now. DGB, Spyrex, since it's not clear in the opening post, who did each of you replace?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1355 (isolation #88) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:03 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

I could be happy with an inhim lynch. But I want to hear answers from SSK. He's abstained his claim for so long, claimed it would get him lynched, and then he claims something where only the flavour implies that Tony doesn't like him.

I will say now I can't contribute much by this deadline, but I will try to keep a presence. I have two finals thursday, a project demo wednesday, and a paper friday. Plus I catch a flight Friday at 6am, so I won't be available at all on Friday.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1427 (isolation #89) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:26 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Dr. Melfi wrote:
Since everyone has received a PM to start the day, they will be replaced if they do not post within 72 hours.
I received my PM significantly before the start of day. I logged on and it was still night.

Raj, anything other than the numbers and being right about inhim that makes you trust DGB's list?

Speaking of her lists, did she make such a list under the assumption that Inhim was scum?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1432 (isolation #90) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:48 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

MS keeps crashing on me...

@Melfi,
yeah, 3 hours is not significant, but I happened to check the boards right after getting me PM :P. The boards don't notify me of thread posts, only PMs (even though it should).

@all,
I
just
learned something very interesting. I remember we had two players who were lynch immune, and we suspected at least one of them were scum. Are they both still alive?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1437 (isolation #91) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

KoD hit it on the nose.

Vote:SSF

Explain what you're talking about.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1447 (isolation #92) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:48 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Locke Lamora wrote:Al, still waiting for you to elaborate about Zwet and SSK.
Still waiting... one day?
Locke Lamora wrote:SSF: how exactly would you go about paying anyone back?

Al: I think you can see SSK and Zwet are both still alive. Going to tell us what your interesting information is, or are you just wasting our time?
I don't have elaborate notes on the entire game, and can't remember everything. I couldn't remember who the two were that claimed that.

I just remember some of us were suspicious that one of those two were scum because there wouldn't be so many "1-shot unlynchables". Something happened to me recently to give me that same thing (I didn't have it before). I had typed up my explanation, but realized just before submitting it that doing so would give away more information than I probably should >.<. Now I don't know how much to say because it would've been better if I had kept my mouth shut.

Essentially, though, I want to say that their 1-shot unlynchability is likely irrelevant to their alignment. Or if anything, vouches for their townness.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1450 (isolation #93) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Another slow day...

Any reason not to lynch you, SSF?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1454 (isolation #94) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I wouldn't have mentioned anything if I realized this earlier, but saying why would give away information that they may not want me to give away.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1458 (isolation #95) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:22 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Because of my position in the family, I have replaced Kise II as capo. His team is entirely wiped out, so that's why I've become the new capo. Capo gave me unlynchability.

That is information about myself that I don't care to give away. That also gives away information that is reasonable to believe the other two could also be capos. i.e. Giving away this information about myself gives away information about them. I can see you're not going to stop until you get this information, and I'll get nowhere not saying anything.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1462 (isolation #96) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I guess I forgot about their claims. I was assuming that mafia were all part of one crew. Hence, at most, only one of those two could possibly be scum (mafia leader). Do you think it's likely that all the mafia are in different crews?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1469 (isolation #97) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I don't know if the mass crew claim could help anybody. We don't even know how many crews there are, and at this point, we know at least one crew lost all of its members. I don't see how we could pin any mafia down that way or how it could help confirm anybody. Except for maybe confirming some capos, but the chances of that are probably slim to none.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1472 (isolation #98) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I am Paulie Walnuts Gualtieri. I am an enforcer. I was a part of Tony's crew, up until Kise II died and I took over as capo of his now nonexistant crew. I just re-read that PM and it said I was given some soldiers to run the crew, but I think that is all just flavour. Taking over Kise's crew apparently removed me from Tony's crew, though.

As an enforcer, I can target a player at night. If somebody tries to kill that player that night, then the player lives. I then try to enforce Tony's law by taking the murderer out. I am not guaranteed to succeed, though, so either myself or the killer will die.

Last night I targetted Zwet. I had been thinking that he is most likely to be town, after Locke, and since Locke can't be killed, I went with Zwet.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1501 (isolation #99) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Looking at the past few nights, it looks like Raj was at least telling the truth about not taking jobs before, but taking jobs now.

I protected Zwet again. I thought I remembered him saying he was untargettable on nonconsecutive nights, but you said he was Unnightkillable on even nights, so I protected him this odd night.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1506 (isolation #100) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:53 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

That sounds very light. Do you typically make that little?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1515 (isolation #101) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

How much have you been making each night?

Locke, why would SSF have his legs broken?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1533 (isolation #102) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Looking through my past PMs, it looks like I took jobs the first four nights, and protected on the last three. It's hard to tell cause I changed my mind a few nights and never posted the night number, so I have more sent PMs than nights.

I'm pretty sure this is right:

N1 - Job 1
N2 - Job 1
N3 - Job 2
N4 - Job 3
N5 - DGB
N6 - Zwet
N7 - Zwet

The beginning of the game was way too long ago for me to remember. When DGB came in, she seemed to be contributing a lot, so I thought I'd protect her. Then I decided to move on to protecting Zwet. I don't see the point in taking jobs anymore cause I am not benefiting nor suffering from the jobs/how much money I have.

I don't know how allowable it is for me to claim what I made each night, I know some people have, but I feel like it's too close to quoting PMs from the mod. When I was looking back to see what actions I've taken, though, I saw that on Night 1, I was apparently beaten up and told I owe money. All the money I was carrying at the time was apparently taken, and I've never heard about it again since. Don't know what the deal is, but probably a consequence/risk of taking a job is my guess. Aside from Night 6, one of the nights I didn't take a job, it's the night I made the least money.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1534 (isolation #103) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

SSF352 wrote:Kairyuu because of the huge cash amount for someone that isnt concerned about playing the game
Took me a while to find this again. What does making a lot of money have to do with being scummy? According to Kairyuu, he took jobs each night, which makes sense as he's the second highest earner now, and he gets a % each night from somebody else. I don't see how making money makes him scum?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1537 (isolation #104) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

SSF352 wrote:Locke: Yeah, jobs on all the other nights.

Al: First, that whole Night 1 thing sounds a lot like what happened to me. Why didnt you bring this up earlier? Second, its not that Kairyuu has a lot of money that makes me think he's scummy, its that he has a lot of money from jobs/ability for someone that has claimed they arent interested in the game. It makes me think he's been lurking to avoid posting rather than not being interested in playing anymore.
I didn't bring it up earlier cause I hadn't forgotten about it long ago. I only realized it when I reviewed my PMs for what I sent.

I think making money is still somewhat irrelevant to being scummy, but I guess it could be indicative of lurking if he has been taking jobs. *shrug* Maybe something to look into.
rajrhcpfreak wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:I don't know how allowable it is for me to claim what I made each night, I know some people have, but I feel like it's too close to quoting PMs from the mod.
we are only quoting numbers. you can confirm these numbers by copying the 1st, 2nd, and Last place people every night. so saying that it is quoting the mod is a streach thats like saying using "Mafia" or "Town" in a roleclaim is quoting the mod.

fos: alko
So the only people who've quoted how much they've made have been the top two and last place moneymakers?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1547 (isolation #105) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

My worry about claiming totals is the modkill (publicly posted by the mod is one thing, but aside from top two and lowest earners, it is
not
public information). I want to play it safe and check with the mod before posting that info, and he gave the okay.

N7 $13,200 in profit tonight. Your earnings so far total to $102,930.
N6 $6,800 in profit tonight. Your earnings so far total to $89,730.
N5 $12,270 in profit tonight. Your earnings so far total to $82,930.
3 N4 $22,930 in profit tonight. Your earnings so far total to $70,660.
2 N3 $22,780 in profit tonight. Your earnings so far total to $47,730.
1 N2 $16,840 in profit tonight. Your earnings so far total to $24,950.
1 N1 $8,110 in profit tonight. Your total profit is $8,110.

The difference between nights 6 and 7 make no sense to me. Both nights I didn't take a job, and I was a capo of an empty team, so theoretically I should have made the exact same amount of money, but it's almost twofolds different. The rest makes pretty good sense. As I mentioned, Night 1 I was "beat up" and told I owed money.

Locke, I honestly don't remember my reasoning for Zwet over DGB Night 6.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1552 (isolation #106) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:30 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Locke Lamora wrote:Al: I thought you replaced Kise? He wasn't modkilled until D7.
Hmm.. that's right, still sounds odd that I made so much more, since there's nobody to "kick up" money to me. And N5 and 6 are still widely varied... Either way, I'm interested in seeing after the game how the distribution of money was dealt out.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1554 (isolation #107) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Even that doesn't make sense, cause I am Tony's left hand man, basically. So any step, except for replacing Tony,
should
be a step down.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1560 (isolation #108) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:27 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Locke's analysis sounds pretty good. I am also against lynching Zwet for the reason of him being replaced. You also bring up a good point, SSF. We still have a survivor out there, and Zwet would make good sense as the other survivor, and lynching a survivor right now is nearly as bad as lynching a townie.

Vote: MafiaSSK

I'm also going to read over KoC and his predecessors. I still feel like I know nothing about him with what little I've seen.

@KoC's last question: I don't know, and I don't think there's any benefit to speculating.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1561 (isolation #109) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:33 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

EBWOP: I realized I've been misreading SSF's earlier post. I though you voted Zwet because he was being replaced, not unvoted.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1568 (isolation #110) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:58 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

I'll support this, Locke. This probably gives us our best shot at determining the last scum now.

I don't expect to be on again by deadline, but I'll check this before deadline for night. I'll protect tonight. We won't know what jobs we will have available, but let's assume it as such for the sake of coordinating jobs:

Highest Paying Job
Medium Paying Job
Lowest Paying Job

and try to split up taking jobs according to that. I think Locke is the best person to make suggestions as to who does what, but somebody will need to propose a plan before nightfall so we have it organized.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1576 (isolation #111) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:42 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Kairyuu wrote:Er, that should be @Locke.

Also, I'm
V/LA until Friday
so if deadline hits in there then I'll be missing it.
Send in your choice now describing what you want to do in case you can't make it in by night deadline. Worse case, it's not accepted. Best case, we test Locke's theory.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1581 (isolation #112) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Farside, I'm a little confused about your questions, but here's my rationale:

We all make a base salary
When you take a job, you make money from the job. The total payout is split between all who take the job based on each person's position within the family.
Players "kick up" some amount of money to those in higher positions than themselves (such as their capo).

We also now have information on (I think) everybody's money-making information for most, if not all, of the game.

If we know in advanced who is taking what jobs, then we will be able to ascertain based on profit tomorrow who really took a job and who didn't. Based on this information, we can determine who lied or didn't stick to the plan, and find out who is scum.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1609 (isolation #113) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:17 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Locke Lamora wrote:
Mod: can we get K7 prodded/replaced? He hasn't posted since February 9th.

Al: I've been reading back over things and I'm pretty confused about you protecting Zwet twice if you agree he's likely to be the survivor. DGB was actually bothering to contribute to the game and helped push the InHim lynch - I just really can't see any reasonable motivation for switching to Zwet, of all people.
That was today I started realizing that. I forgot about the survivor until I think SSF brought it up, and thinking about it, Zwet makes the most sense as the survivor. He's untargettable on non-consecutive nights and claims he's not technically "part" of the family, but has the family in his interests. To me, that sounds flavorwise like a survivor. He will support the family, but he's not part of the family, so it doesn't matter if the family dies. His ability also fits in with a survivor as the survivor just wants to stay alive, and his ability protects him at night. I won't be protecting Zwet anymore.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1612 (isolation #114) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I talked with MoS. His laptop's been dead the past few days and he's crazy busy. He'll get to this sometime tomorrow he says. Which I interpret as late this week. He asked me to forward this to everybody.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1620 (isolation #115) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:33 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Farside, In short: It's to help us decipher who's really taking jobs based on how much money they make, and who is not taking jobs. i.e. who is making mafia kills.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1659 (isolation #116) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Sorry for my late addition to day. I've been out of town a lot and my finals week bumped from 1 final to 1 final + 2 meetings for finals + 2 large papers (12k word paper and manual for robotics curriculum, joy).

I made $13280 last night in profits.

I don't have time to read much right now, but could I get a quick rundown as to why people think SSF and Kai are scum?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1668 (isolation #117) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Locke, I know you don't trust me, but would it help at all if I shared that I know, and have known, that you are my (past) capo, Tony Soprano? I've kept it secret up until now, but there's really no point in keeping it secret anymore as there is no threat to you at night, and there is no threat to you during the lynch, especially with knowledge of your position.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1688 (isolation #118) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:06 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

farside22 wrote:Also I'm going to ask that everyone declare what they did from night 1 - night 8 job wise.
This will help with some evaluation I'm doing in the game.
I mentioned that previously. Also, as previously mentioned, I send multiple PMs some nights, and in my sent PMs I never specified which night I was sending it for, so going back through my PMs to find that information out is difficult. I've asked Melfi to send me that information, but once I finish my last paper (almost done), I'll also try to look at timestamps of PMs to try to figure out which ones were the last one sent, and hence, figure out which jobs for sure I did each night. I should get to this by Monday at the latest.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:...my role PM contained no such information. Bear in mind I recieved it midway through the game: my crew might have all been killed off. I don't know. I am PMing Melfi about this now.

Locke:
If the crew runs out of members, it will either dissolve
or
be replaced by a new crew, formed from old members of other crews.
Implying that crewless players are entirely possible.
As mentioned, everybody has a crew, everybody has a capo (or is one). Your crew could not have dissolved cause you are alive. It's possible Melfi forgot to say which crew you're a part of, so I look forward to hearing what Melfi says to you.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1695 (isolation #119) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:04 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Chances are MoS screwed up his accounting by $20.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1696 (isolation #120) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:28 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

al_kohaulec wrote:N7 $13,200 in profit tonight. Your earnings so far total to $102,930.
N6 $6,800 in profit tonight. Your earnings so far total to $89,730.
N5 $12,270 in profit tonight. Your earnings so far total to $82,930.
3 N4 $22,930 in profit tonight. Your earnings so far total to $70,660.
2 N3 $22,780 in profit tonight. Your earnings so far total to $47,730.
1 N2 $16,840 in profit tonight. Your earnings so far total to $24,950.
1 N1 $8,110 in profit tonight. Your total profit is $8,110.
MS keeps screwing up today...

I'm still waiting for MoS to get back to me with which jobs I actually did which nights, but based on the timestamps, I believe this is more accurate (and significantly different due to a small mistake):

N1 – Job 3
N2 – 1
N3 – 1
N4 – 2

Basically, job 3 should've been night 1, not 4, and the rest got bumped accordingly. Not sure how I screwed up like that.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1698 (isolation #121) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

MoS confirmed my night targets. What I said in my last post is correct.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1711 (isolation #122) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:I have had it confirmed to me that I have no capo.
Artie Bucco is just a restaurant owner who dabbles. I'm not a real mobster like the rest of you.
If you want to lynch me for that, or for the money totals I've been given by the mod being $20 out, go ahead. But I'm townie through and through.
The money total could be a mistake on the mod's part, I don't know. But this claim screams fake to me. I mean, you claim to not be a mobster as your excuse for not having any capo or being in any crew, but you're still taking jobs that the mob is taking and benefiting from it. I'm not buying it.

Vote: KoC
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1712 (isolation #123) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Locke Lamora wrote:Al: you never advanced any theories on how someone died last night when you were the only person who did not take a job. You also didn't claim who you protected and I find it very scummy that you did not decide to protect our other claimed PR.

Raj: still waiting on a claim from you.

Farside: can you confirm that you are not in the DiMeo family but you are still a capo?
I protected Kairyuu last night. I thought as a high-earner, he'd be a mob-target. I haven't gone through all the claims of who made how much last night to analyze them thoroughly, yet. Unless the mafia's kill does not take place of taking a job, I feel that somebody must have lied about having taken a job. I just haven't been able to look and see if anybody's lied about it.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1717 (isolation #124) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

So I waited nearly a week to jump on a wagon?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1719 (isolation #125) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Farside voted last Saturday. It's been quite a while since then, and I've been posting very frequently lately. I've had plenty of opportunities to bandwagon before now.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1731 (isolation #126) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:22 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

farside22 wrote:
SSF352 wrote: Farside- Remember, Al has claimed he has a one shot lynch immunity, and we may be at lynch or lose. Lynching him is a risk at this point.

Mod, can we get a prod on Raj? It's been a week since he's posted.
I just iso'ed al's post and I didn't see him claiming the above. Can you quote where you saw this.
Not sure where it was that I claimed, but I did. Maybe try a ctrl-f "capo".

Basically, whoever was Ralph Cifaratto (I think it was Kise II) was modkilled I believe, and when he died, he was the last member of his team. Since I'm Tony's right-hand man, so to speak, Tony put me in charge of this team so that it would still have members. When I became the capo of the team, I gained one-shot lynch immunity. I recall the reason I claimed being that some players I felt were getting a lot of heat had claimed lynch immunity. When I gained lynch immunity, I realized it must've been a capo thing, so I figured it was in the town's best interest to claim that. Since then we've decided the mafia are most likely in different teams, making that theory irrelevant and invalid.

As for my night target, whenever you try to protect somebody at night, you benefit the most when you protect who the mafia is going to kill. Here was the player list at the time.

Knight of Cydonia
SSF352
rajrhcpfreak
al_kohaulec
Locke Lamora II
farside22
Kairyuu
Killer7

I can't target myself, so off the list.

Locke poses the largest threat, in my opinion, to the mafia. He's the most active and most pro-town player we have, and I feel we all or at least most of us agree he is likely town. However, he can't be killed at night. Another threat to the mafia, but there won't be any benefit from protecting him.

Killer7 has a role that does something, but it wasn't going to be used last night, so last night's use was irrelevant. Now we have 7 players, will have 6 going into night, so we can repeat what we've done to figure out who's taking jobs and who is taking which job. Killer7's role has been very useful up to this point, but isn't necessary anymore. So it doesn't seem to pose any threat.

Farside I believe poses a threat. He can make himself untargettable on nonconsecutive nights. Last night we knew he was taking a job, so he was a big target. But at the time, I was thinking Farside was the survivor, so if he got hit, I would've been happy. However, now we have had some reasonable discussion over the backup survivor probably being a bit of a red herring. It makes sense that he'd be a survivor, and backup to some other role, perhaps. Either way, that was my decision for not protecting farside last night.

This leaves:
Knight of Cydonia
SSF352
rajrhcpfreak
Kairyuu

Of these three, Kairyuu is the only person who has something special about him, he makes the second-most money. I was thinking the mafia would be knocking out players at the top of the totem pole so they could work their way up. So of these 4, I thought Kairyuu was the best target to protect.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1732 (isolation #127) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:25 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:SSF: my paraphrasing of the flavour I have been given covers that - I'm a pretty inept criminal, not even a mobster. Therefore, I make less.
SSF352 wrote:KoC-Actually, I dont think you mentioned that fact until just now. Are there any other special parts of your role you havent made clear?
SSF is right, you never mentioned this about your role before. It makes more sense as to why you're taking jobs, but you never said anything before about being a criminal.

Unvote: KoC
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1738 (isolation #128) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:29 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:Raj & KoC, what are your crews and who are your capos?
Aprile Crew. Paulie Gualtieri is my Capo.
farside22 wrote:I need to understand something. Can someone please explain just one thing.

If Al, who claims that Kise was in charge and he became Capo, would a player know their capo changed to someone else?

I'm saying no. Al wasn't Capo according to his own claim till after kise died how did Raj get Al as his Capo?
I never noticed until farside brought this up. Raj, I became capo of the Aprile crew
because
Ralphie died and the crew ran out of members. How could you possibly be in that crew if all the crew members are dead? It's impossible.

Vote: Raj
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1740 (isolation #129) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:53 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Reading over my PM to verify it. I am capo of the Aprile Crew, because with Ralph Cifretto (Kise II) dead, his crew has
run out of members
. Due to my position, I convinced Tony to let me run this crew. It states I have one-shot lynch immunity because I'm a capo, so I assume all capos have it, as we've seen so far.

I've also just read something else I missed in that original PM, but I want to hear from Raj before I mention it.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1742 (isolation #130) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:48 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

What crew were you originally in and who was your capo in that crew?

Also, getting moved in matches what I just found in my PM when I last checked it that "some men" were moved into the crew as well. That also matches what the rules say about a crew when the last member dies.
Dr. Melfi wrote:
Crews
- Should the captain of a crew die, someone else within that crew will succeed them as the new Capo. If the crew runs out of members, it will either dissolve or be replaced by a new crew, formed from old members of other crews.
One last thing, when Ralph died, were you informed of who your new capo was? Since he was modkilled, and hence, dead, he is no longer the capo.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1745 (isolation #131) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

FYI, Spring Break is now over, my activity is going to drop significantly again. I want this game to end soon :(

I've got 22 units, when a full load for my student status is 8...
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1757 (isolation #132) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:41 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Locke,
Didn't Farside say she wasn't part of any crew? I believe that was the case, although she is a part of the Lupertazzi family.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1767 (isolation #133) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

farside22 wrote:
rajrhcpfreak wrote:that means one player that is town/survivor to vote with the scum loses it for the town.
There is a survivor for sure?
There's not for sure a survivor. We have no guarantee. I don't think MoS will be a bastard in this game and throw a red herring like that at us, or at least I expect the survivor to have claimed and say "mafia, who do I lynch" or something to that extent, cause lynching the survivor now almost surely means mafia win, and lynching town means mafia/survivor win, and lynching mafia means survivor win, but takes a while.

I think the suggestion proposed by, I believe it was Locke, makes sense to a reasonable extent. The "backup survivor" role could be
the
survivor we had in the game, however, could also be a backup to a power role.

I think most of what Locke makes sense, but not entirely. Otherwise KoC would've been quicklynched by now. I think he's right about either SSF or Farside though, and I feel Farside's play has been genuine.

Unvote
Vote: SSF

Also, should we assign the jobs again? I feel I'm being incriminated by the jobs from last night alone. Even though not protecting will be a risk, I haven't been useful yet so I think I'll be more useful if I prove my innocence.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1768 (isolation #134) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Also, I want to confirm:

Farside is the only player besides myself who still has one-shot unlynchability, right? Except for possibly Locke who I don't think ever claimed one way or the other, but it doesn't matter for Locke.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1777 (isolation #135) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:59 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Unvote

I'm going to reread on all the players right now before ending day too early. Locke's job assignments looks good, as it places everybody with one of the three players whose profit we'll know.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1804 (isolation #136) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:10 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

$25,580 last night from job 2.

KoC's late vote was obviously trying to hop onto an already dead scum. I also find it hard to believe that, with the activity throughout the day from different players, that mafia would not have taken the opportunity to lynch KoC.

Vote: Knight of Cydonia

I'm with Kairyuu, I wish I had replace'd out a long while ago >.<
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1805 (isolation #137) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

$25,580 last night from job 2.

KoC's late vote was obviously trying to hop onto an already dead scum. I also find it hard to believe that, with the activity throughout the day from different players, that mafia would not have taken the opportunity to lynch KoC.

Vote: Knight of Cydonia

I'm with Kairyuu, I wish I had replace'd out a long while ago >.<
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1813 (isolation #138) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:44 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I definitely used that one shot lynch immunity to my advantage to lure votes or suspicion.

I shouldn't have voted for KoC yesterday, but was getting really impatient with my buddies not showing up and voting him. We could've lynched him easily with a townie on the wagon, which would've been huge. SSF never should've been lynched, if anybody, we agreed it would've been me, since I was lynch immune, but KoC was our target.

Last night, it came down to deciding whether Farside would protect herself then, or take a job. I picked right :)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”