Peachy
Townie
Peachy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:11 am

Post by Peachy »

Korais666
: Also, could we get a prod for those people who have yet to post, or who haven't since the very beginning? I feel like 10-12 people are dominating this currently 28 person game.
Gaspode
: Now we have made a lot of progress, but it's basically the same ten people that have been posting all day. Where are all the lurkers? Start posting, people!
Mith
: I'll second that.
Coron
: I agree with the fact that lurkers need to post more.
Alright already! I’m posting. I’m posting. ;)

Here are the thoughts I’ve come up with thus far…

In games I have played IRL, I have commonly seen three types of misdirection tactics used by the Mafia to erase team suspicions and prevent team lynchings.

Tactic #1:
“I will say I find Mr. A is suspicious, but I find Mr. B more suspicious. I vote Mr. B.” in order to distance himself from Mr. A as a teammate.

Tactic #2:
“I find your logic on Mr. A’s guilt weak. Here are reasons why Mr. A seems pro-town or at the very least, not worth discussing now… to prevent the town from lynching his teammate, Mr. A.

Tactic #3:
“I vote Mr. A based on weak logic.” “Oh wait. Your collective points are good townies! I will unvote Mr. A and vote for someone that you have been discussing instead.” “Look at me! I am so pro-town and definitely not affiliated in any way with Mr. A. I voted for him after all! I find it irrelevant that there was no real danger of a lynch.”

These observations when compared to our game, make me suspicious of Aelyn. And, by association, Gaspode. Although, Gaspode hasn't really mentioned Aelyn in his posts.

First Aelyn says,
I also found Gaspode's post a little suspicious, until I re-read it and re-interpreted it as saying "Mith seems to find Korais666 and Mepmuff 100% scummy, but I don't think they're that guilty quite."
Then later, Aelyn says,
I should probably warn you all that my scumdar's a little on the blink at the moment, apparently, since I don't see much suspicious with Gaspode's post.
Then, Aelyn says,
Perhaps he's cracking somewhat under the pressure?
Either way,
Vote: Gaspode.
I'm about 80% sure he's scum.
Then, more comments from Aelyn regarding Gaspode
I found the entire post slightly suspicious. I had been kinda supportive of you, as I was uncertain and wished to play conservatively.
Next, Aelyn says,
I dunno, though. Mith's arguments are pretty convincing.
Unvote: Gaspode, vote: Korais666
I could be misreading this, but I don't think so...

Vote: Aelyn
Peachy
Peachy
Townie
Peachy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #424 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:09 am

Post by Peachy »

Well searched out Pooky!

Vote: mith
Peachy
Peachy
Townie
Peachy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:59 pm

Post by Peachy »

Coron wrote:how about we no lynch, don't lose a protown player and have mith kill pb? see how that works better?
so... need a new bandwagon.
unvote
A no lynch doesn't really make sense for the town. Maybe it's true that we should not lynch mith or Locus Cosecant. I like mith targeting PB or Locus Cosecant tonight.

However, choosing a no lynch because we can't find a good scummy candidate just means we aren't looking hard enough. Ignoring any special vig/SK abilities that a townie may have, day time lynches are our one solid shot to try to eliminate scum from the game and thereby improve our odds. Don't be lazy folks, we can do better.

I'd wager there would be no deadline if more of us were posting and trying to get more information. So, lets do it!

unvote: mith

vote: Doom Cow
for six super short posts that either cast votes/unvotes or apologize for being inactive
Peachy
Peachy
Townie
Peachy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #633 (isolation #3) » Mon May 02, 2005 12:31 pm

Post by Peachy »

unvote Doom Cow
Peachy
Peachy
Townie
Peachy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #677 (isolation #4) » Fri May 27, 2005 3:42 pm

Post by Peachy »

Aelyn wrote: Peachy: Can you see any reason why your character would give off scummy vibes?
Scummy vibes, no. But I would expect "misguided" vibes.

I would like to point out that rolandofthewhite's recent "defense" of himself consisted of the following
Um... What reasons would that be?
Weak.
Vote:roland of the white

Peachy
Peachy
Peachy
Townie
Peachy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #694 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:35 pm

Post by Peachy »

Sigh. I am a townie with no special abilities. I've backed myself into a corner with my own laziness about posting. These 30+ people games require more stamina than I expected!

I removed my vote from DoomCow yesterday as a sign of good faith. I wanted to make sure that the town had the chance at a lynch of Gaspode at the deadline. I wasn't sure enough of his guilt to add my vote to the tally, but a lynch was better for the town than no lynch at all.

After re-reading the last few pages, I see that I misinterpreted roland's post. Sorry!
Unvote: rolandofthewhite

I implore you not to kill me.. at least not yet. I'll admit, as a townie, I am probably one of the least painful to lose, since I cannot contribute as much as say a Doc or a Cop. But we should try at the very least to get more information during the day if you feel you must lynch me today.

Also, I'll be out of the country for ten days starting on Friday morning. I'm not sure about internet access on holiday. So, if I don't post for a while, that's why.

Peachy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”