RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Just to note, school is going back in a few days so I may not be that active - I will try and post content at my earliest conveniences but any lurking will not be my choice.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

ElectricBadger wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:Just to note, school is going back in a few days so I may not be that active - I will try and post content at my earliest conveniences but any lurking will not be my choice.
Pre-emptively excusing your own lurking on the second page of the game distresses me. If you can't meet the requirements of the game, please drop now; if you can meet them, you don't need this.
I think YOUR post was unnecessary.

I can meet the requirements of the game - but I will rarely be posting more than once a day. Just to note. No need to get caught up over it, I normally don't offer anything insightful anyway.

unvote
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Mod: I will be V/LA from 29th to 31st January GMT +13 time.

After that I have a day or two before school goes back, and then my activity levels will go down a lot. Nothing that should require a prod though.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #75 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:04 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Mod-Edit Votecount 1-3

magnus_orion - 5
(Kairyuu, Jack, danakillsu, farside22, Primate)

Farside22 - 2
(bv310, magnus_orion)

Jack - 1
(Haschel Cedricson)

Haschel Cedricson - 1
(Flareonage)

Flareonage - 1
(Kyle99)

TheLonging - 1
(RichardGHP)

Primate - 1
(ElectricBadger)

Not Voting - 7
(Kise, DocPotter, Anon, Toonfighter, DeeJayCee, Nul, Seacore)

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Still to confirm:
Anon

V/LA:
TheLonging (exams)

vote: magnus_orion

Wagons are 50% off for today only! Hop on!
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #78 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:17 am

Post by RichardGHP »

BTW, I am V/LA as of now. Back Sunday.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #147 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Jack wrote:What odds would you give on Toon being the jester?
Why, oh why must every game have Jester speculation at one point or another?
farside22 wrote:Let me ask a question back. How often have you see scum say OMGUS vote and just vote a person like that?
Or to come back and use AtE with a damn I should have known people would vote me for it.
WIFOM.
magnus_orion wrote:Jester speculation is normally a scum-tell...
Sometimes, but not always. It depends on context and detail.
Nul wrote:I'll follow the crowd for now. Need to catch up with the game.
Nice. I'm not going to call you out for bandwagoning, I in fact encourage it since I consider it to be a nulltell.
Toon Fighter wrote:I am still newbie (3rd game), and I hope I don't get lynched because of this -.- that would make 2nd game in a row lynched D1...
I absolutely hate newbclaims. It's not grounds for excusing your scum-like actions, no matter how you look at it.

Too lazy to quote, but your unvote I interperate to say "There. Better?".

unvote vote: Toon Fighter.

farside22 wrote:Why would you do an RVS vote at this stage in the game?
QFT.
magnus_orion wrote:newbie excuse is also a scum-tell...
Again, not always. Depends on context, relevance and truth.

More to come later. Back from my V/LA.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #188 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Unvote.

For once, I want to be the one to hammer. Don't ask me why.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #191 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Flareonage wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:
Unvote.

For once, I want to be the one to hammer. Don't ask me why.
It's fun isn't it?
I wouldn't know, I've never done it before.

I imagine it would be quite satisfying though, especially if we hit scum.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #221 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Mod, vote totals please.

Muchos gracias.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #256 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Jack wrote:Seemingly normal indeed.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #257 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Now that that's out of the way, everybody's thoughts on the No-Kill?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #262 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

@DP - I doubt it, but then again I'm not too sure about Role Protocol in Theme Games.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #264 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

I don't really have any, since I'm not sure how many deaths we can expect on average. If there is only one mafia and no SK/Vig (unlikely, but then again this is Seemingly Normal :/), that might explain it.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #291 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:15 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Toon Fighter wrote:Hey, I'm still here.

Looking at my own townie role, and magnus turned up townie, and no kill, I would guess that there is no scum and that is what's different. But that's just my speculation on setup.

I have alredy defended myself yesterday, and until new reasons to attack me pop up, I won't post more about them.
No scum would be unbelievably bastardly, not to mention unlikely. Just because our lynch yesterday flipped town, you -claim- to be town, and there was no kill last night, does not mean that scum are not present in this game. Interesting theory though, and if it's true I will eat a teabag. Then punch the mod in the balls for being that bastardly. :lol:

Assuming that there IS scum in the game, I am calling only one scumteam and probably only one killing force. In games with more than one killing force, to see all of them refrain from killing in the same night is very rare. From what I've seen of other games, scum nominate a representative of their team to send the NK to the mod and that person is subject to watcher, tracker... and roleblocker. Anybody ever think of that? A roleblock on the scum representative would prevent the kill.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #300 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:00 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Mod-Edit Votecount 2-2

danakillsu - 6
(Jack, Konowa, Seacore, Fate, Kairyuu, Kyle99)

Toon Fighter - 5
(Haschel Cedricson, Nul, farside22, bv310, danakillsu)

Kyle99 - 1
(ElectricBadger)

Not Voting - 7
(Primate, DocPotter, Toon Fighter, Anon, Kise, DeeJayCee, RichardGHP)

With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

ElectricBadger wrote:
Unvote: Toon

Presumably if there were no scum we'd have already won the game. Calling town a threat to itself would be the height of irritating bastard moddery.
I've never played in a no-scum game before, but making it auto-win for the town on Day 2 would be stupid beyond belief. My guess is, if there IS no scum in the game, the game will run until only three people are left.

No-Kill could be just a coincidence. Think of all the possibilities... scum or vigilante could've been roleblocked or decided not to kill, there could be a yakuza, or maybe the mod is just bastardly enough to ignore scum's kill(s). We don't know, and unless anybody claims mafia with information, a better assessment can be made tomorrow.
Vote: Kyle99
for ignoring questions and anti-town lurking. His only contribution the whole game has been opportunistic votes.
You
do
know that avoiding questions, lurking and oppurtunistic voting make up Kyle's meta, right? You're going to have to do better than that.

None of those are necessarily scumtells either. Lurking is not a nulltell, avoiding questions CAN be a scumtell and oppurtunistic voting is generally a noobtown-tell. Which brings me to another point:

"
A scumtell, for reference, is something scum have more motivation to do than town.
"

By definition, even if a player displayed every single scumtell known, they COULD still be town, since town have SOME motivation to do the same actions/say the same things. The logical definition should be:

"A scumtell, for reference, is something town have absolutely no motivation to do."

Since town have SOME motivation to bandwagon/lurk/ignore questions/claim scum (seriously, I've seen town fakeclaim scum before. :roll:), none of those automatically make somebody scum. Not really liking your vote where it's at right now.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #323 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Toon Fighter wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:
ElectricBadger wrote:
Unvote: Toon

Presumably if there were no scum we'd have already won the game. Calling town a threat to itself would be the height of irritating bastard moddery.
I've never played in a no-scum game before, but making it auto-win for the town on Day 2 would be stupid beyond belief. My guess is, if there IS no scum in the game, the game will run until only three people are left.

No-Kill could be just a coincidence. Think of all the possibilities... scum or vigilante could've been roleblocked or decided not to kill, there could be a yakuza, or maybe the mod is just bastardly enough to ignore scum's kill(s). We don't know, and unless anybody claims mafia with information, a better assessment can be made tomorrow.
Vote: Kyle99
for ignoring questions and anti-town lurking. His only contribution the whole game has been opportunistic votes.
You
do
know that avoiding questions, lurking and oppurtunistic voting make up Kyle's meta, right? You're going to have to do better than that.

None of those are necessarily scumtells either. Lurking is not a nulltell, avoiding questions CAN be a scumtell and oppurtunistic voting is generally a noobtown-tell. Which brings me to another point:

"
A scumtell, for reference, is something scum have more motivation to do than town.
"

By definition, even if a player displayed every single scumtell known, they COULD still be town, since town have SOME motivation to do the same actions/say the same things. The logical definition should be:

"A scumtell, for reference, is something town have absolutely no motivation to do."

Since town have SOME motivation to bandwagon/lurk/ignore questions/claim scum (seriously, I've seen town fakeclaim scum before. :roll:), none of those automatically make somebody scum. Not really liking your vote where it's at right now.
He may be town, but even if he is, why are you defending him so much? You try to block and answer pointed at him, and that, in my eyes, is scummy.
Vote: Richard

Or, ther is also the possibility that you are a cop and investigated him... But if you had done that, you would likely wait a few more hours, at least, for him to defend himself, and post something like this as a last resort.
"Defend" does not apply to my quoted post. Pointing out someone's meta is not scum-like, nor is throwing in one's own two cents to a question, even if it was directed at someone else.
I said that what he did only had two explanations: either he is scum with Kyle, or he is cop.
WOAH WOAH WOAH this is huge tunnel, and I don't see a light anywhere in the distance. How can you be so sure that I am either a cop or scum with Kyle? I could be something totally different. Then again, I could be one of the two you brought up. You will only find out if I die and flip. Automatically calling me to one of two roles IS scum-like. Why are you voting me, ESPECIALLY when you said yourself that I could be cop... just because I disagreed with one of your cases, you voted me?

Vote: Toon Fighter

Call it OMGUS all you want, but I've provided my own reasoning. Call it more of a countervote, since I'm not voting purely on the basis that he's voting me.

By the way Toon, assuming that you actually thought your vote was legit, it doesn't really bother me anyway.

@Kise - LOL. As for your second question, I'm thinking Toon is probably scum. If either Kyle or Toon is lynched/NK'd and flips whatever, I'd be able to get a better idea of what the other might be. Otherwise, I don't really have any other suspicions at this point. Which brings me to another matter, can someone please explain the wagon on dana? If there was a case I must have missed it. :?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #361 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Kise wrote:
FOS: bv310
Mind explaining this?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #402 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Anon wrote:
Fate wrote:There's a wagon on me? Interesting. Primate sums up my thoughts on dana pretty much exactly.

I came in, having a fuzzy memory of D1, read Dana's flip-flopping, and Konowa pointed it out and said, "cool we've got scum." Then I paid more attention to the game, and choose a lurker.

I think a Fate wagon works well too.
Why there arent more votes on this scum?
How can you infer scumFate just from the first post quoted here?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #404 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:33 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Kise wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:
Kise wrote:
FOS: bv310
Mind explaining this?
His avatar looks shady.
Looks like you missed RVS. That's over now. :wink:
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #408 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:53 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Anon wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:
Anon wrote:
Fate wrote:There's a wagon on me? Interesting. Primate sums up my thoughts on dana pretty much exactly.

I came in, having a fuzzy memory of D1, read Dana's flip-flopping, and Konowa pointed it out and said, "cool we've got scum." Then I paid more attention to the game, and choose a lurker.

I think a Fate wagon works well too.
Why there arent more votes on this scum?
How can you infer scumFate just from the first post quoted here?
These are non townie responses to a wagon.
Fate wrote:There's a wagon on me? Interesting.
Fate wrote:I think a Fate wagon works well too.
Uh... he was being sarcastic? Without going too far into WIFOM, would scum actually say that their own wagon works well?
Anon wrote:MOAR FATE VOTERS PLZ.
If you're convinced that Fate is scum, make a proper case against him instead of just "OmG! N0WAI a townie would reply like that!!1!11!"

Your weak case combined with your eagerness to lynch him implies that you are either scum bussing Fate, scum pushing for a mislynch, or a cop with a guilty on him.

HoS Anon
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #412 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:24 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Konowa wrote:Fate wagon is also good. If Fate flips scum, Richard is scum with him.
Be right back after I'm done ROFLing.

*Rolls on floor laughing*

How can you be so sure of this? Automatically calling me scum after someone else flips is incredibly scum-like, you know.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #433 (isolation #22) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:34 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

@Kise: Why no vote?

@Raider: When you get a chance, thoughts on recent events?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #463 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:02 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

DocPotter wrote:At some point Lynch all Lurkers has to happen or scum will lurk more.
No. No no no no no. You don't Lynch all Lurkers. Ever. First of all, lurking =/= scumtell (regardless of size/setup/what have you) and second, lynching based solely on lack of gameplay is horribly scum-like. Putting pressure votes on someone is fine... hell, maybe even a wagon, but Lynching all Lurkers... is stupid beyond belief. >.>

You're supposed to work off of others' gameplay, not lack of... if they haven't done anything suspicious (due to lurking), does that make them scum?

BTW, that last part about scum lurking more is nothing short of WIFOM. Since there's no way to differentiate between town and scum based entirely on how often they post, actively encouraging LAL is suspicious, in my eyes.

HoS DocPotter
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #466 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:51 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

DocPotter wrote:Richard, if you routinely let lurkers slide, what do you think the scum will do? They will lurk. Lynch all Lurkers came about for a reason.
If Nul is a flake, then his replacement can be given a fresh start, and I unvote as soon as the replacement anouncement is made. If the search engine worked you could check. If Nul keeps up like he is, then he is of no help what so ever, at best. At worst he is scum.
Anyone can lurk, no matter their role. Lynching all Lurkers is likely best mid-game. Policy Lynching all Lurkers on Day 1/2 is stupid, because, well, what if they are a PR? On the other hand, you can't afford to lynch a lurker at LyLo, since you have to be absolutely certain that they're scum. If you're going to lynch a lurker, do it tomorrow or the day after, no earlier, no later.

@Fate: Please simplify that convoluted equation into plain English.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #477 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:58 am

Post by RichardGHP »

ElectricBadger wrote:
kyle99 wrote:Sorry about the inactivity, all of my other games are all in Little Italy, so I sometimes forget this game exists. Sorry!
Good to know you're working so hard at scum hunting. Not remembering this game at all implies zero effort implies winning doesn't depend on your finding scum, just responding to prods.

Unvote Nul, Vote kyle99
That's seriously one of the worst reasons to vote that I've ever seen. Voting based on one forgetting the game suggests scum trying to bus a townie...

[n]unvote; vote Electric Badger[/b].
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #478 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:59 am

Post by RichardGHP »

tag fail

unvote; vote ElectricBadger
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #505 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

DocPotter wrote:Richard, bussing by definition is between two scum.
Fine. Replase Bussin with Leading a Townie Mislynch. Point still stands.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #515 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:16 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Anon wrote:If you are town, POST.
Post.

Kk, jokes aside,
unvote

@EB - Why is TF borderline obvtown?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #566 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Kise, vote DocPotter. You don't even have to read the thread.

And Anon... the DocPotter vote has officially become a lot better looking. Join our wagon, please?
Am I invited to hop aboard?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #574 (isolation #30) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:36 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
RichardGHP wrote: Am I invited to hop aboard?
Of course! All aboard, all aboard.
Thanks! Who's our first mate?

unvote; vote: DocPotter
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #576 (isolation #31) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:08 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Konowa wrote:@Fate/Richard: In your own words, why do you think DocPotter is scum?
I don't have a read either way, I'm just bandwagoning blatantly. Call me out on it if you want.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #595 (isolation #32) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:20 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Posting to avoid potential prod. Content hopefully tomorrow.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #606 (isolation #33) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

unvote; vote Fate

See y'all tomorrow.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #628 (isolation #34) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Jebus wrote:

Farside22, the doctor, has been surgically removed from the game!

Jack, the doctor, has also been surgically removed from the game!
BAH on behalf of farside and Jack.

Vote: dana
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #635 (isolation #35) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:56 am

Post by RichardGHP »

I don't think they were lovers... if one dies, the other committs suicide the following night, IIRC . Jack and farside both died on the same night.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #694 (isolation #36) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

vote bv

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”