esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:35 am

Post by esme »

God is ineffable, Satan's opposite is the metatron in the book.

I think I know who Pooky and mith are.

Notes from reading the game

Genocide defends Gaspode day 1
olio claims vanilla and volunteers for being verification vigged
Seoul certainly not in league with the horsemen now mneme
darklight confirms doomcow and locus

roland had a question mark, but with all the good vibes I am happy if he isnt the metatron

I would lean to kill Genocide or one of the locus trio. I will dig up Genocides post tomorrow, the hard and software in this place is appalling sorry for the inferior style.

Oh and I really looked forward to the reason of the DP modkill, a bit of a letdown in suspense.
[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:44 am

Post by esme »

Good news the internet cafe just gave me a farewell gift hour for free for being such a good customer, so here are the posts:
Genocide Heart wrote:Gaspode didn't state any intention there, he stated what thought Stewie's comment of him was implying.

I really don't understand the whole Gaspode-wagon thing. It seems to consist almost entirely of poor reading comprehension.
Later he eases up a bit
Genocide Heart wrote: Anyway, I'll agree with Seol that Gaspode's insistence that everyone slow down and be less suspicious is scummy behavior, but I disagree that it's the scummiest thing we've seen so far.

I still think mepmuff's behavior was just downright idiotic, and even if we forgive that as a very stupid mistake Korais may be a better lynch than Gaspode.
And later
Genocide Heart wrote:Between Coron and Gaspode, I find an attempt to speed the game up and lynch someone based on poor reasons to be both more dangerous and scummier than being noncommital and attempting to slow the game down. Coron's frequent use of ALL CAPS and the tones of frustration and anger I read in his posts I also find scummy, though this may be misinterpretation and/or bias on my part.

Between Coron and PB, my second choice for a lynch, I find that PB's style, while scummy and annoying, is not as suspicious as Coron's posted reasons for voting and his behavior in subsequent discussions of those reasons. The chance that PB is weird is higher than the chance the Coron is innocent and playing poorly. Additionally a vote on Coron 'counts' more than a vote on PB at this point, although that's a much more secondary reason.

I still find the strongest case against Aelyn to be in relationship to Gaspode, so I'd prefer lynching him before lynching Aelyn (And I don't really want to lynch Gaspode.) One could, I suppose, lynch Aelyn for other, justifiable reasons but that lynch would be weaker than a lynch of any of the other potential candidates.

So I'd be happiest lynching either Coron or PB, wouldn't mind lynching Gaspode, disagree with lynching Aelyn before Gaspode, and don't think there's much of a case against anyone else.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:55 am

Post by esme »

[quote="Genocide Heart
The Locus-masons, right now, are confusing the hell out of me. With Satan dead, I've no idea what group, scum or mason, they fit into and that's really not helping my suspicions of them.

And waiting for scum to kill them when they might, in fact, be those very scum that we're counting on is simply ridiculous.
[/quote]

Why confused? They are the remaining Them with Dog or the remaining Fallen Angels. I suspect you of being a horseperson and there's another horseperson left to kill one of them to keep the town occupied for two days.

Tomorrow, we might also have information about one of the trio to aid us.
I am not seeing anything magical or mysterious here, so I will now vote on my suspicion.

vote: Genocide Heart
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:57 am

Post by esme »

]
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:03 am

Post by esme »

Sorry for that, maybe one more post will fix it.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:09 pm

Post by esme »

A fallen angel killing with fish? Adam fits nicely to killing with fish?
My take on this is very different from yours, I'm afraid and after rereading the posts of the trio, I won't go for them anytime soon.
(I'll expand on this if other people want to hear it, but I figure most of you already noticed.)
Genocide Heart wrote: (And testing this by
waiting for someone who is possibly him to kill him
is a bad idea), and they're all innocent in only of the six most likely configurations.

Unless you want to bullheadedly believe Mith is Agnes and and Darklight is a member of Them when a number of equally likely possibilities exist, I would suggest considering this.
Well, bullheadedly it is, then. And I don't consider most of your other suggestions even possibilities, let alone equally likely.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:28 pm

Post by esme »

rolandofthewhite wrote: - I've tried to find the book, and I can't, as I've stated before. I've checked bookstores, libraries, etc. Nada.
Tip of the day: You can search inside Good Omens on amazon.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:34 am

Post by esme »

Genocide Heart wrote: And, of course, I'd like to see our lurkers post a bit as well.
Sorry to say, but I want to keep my vote on you.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:37 am

Post by esme »

While we are waiting for some more vibes from pooky and stuff, I have two questions.

1) Who did Blackberry claim to be mason with and do you agree that there are no reasonable good mason role left for them?

2) What do we do about the people who have not participated a long time?

List: Name + Date of last post

Thoth May 30
SubtleTactix May 02
SinisterOverlord Apr 06
PitBull Apr 08
korais Jun 08
electra Apr 06
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:37 am

Post by esme »

In that case, we should insist on AnnoyingPest to comment.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:51 am

Post by esme »

Actually,
vote: Blackberry
It might be the best way to get a comment from AnnoyingPest.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:56 am

Post by esme »

Mr. Flay wrote: And why is everybody jumping down Blackberry's throat?? Because he didn't vote for GH?
Blackberry claimed to be a mason with someone else alive to confirm him.
Now tell me two good characters who could be masons with the Witchfinders decimated and the THEM more or less identified.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:04 am

Post by esme »

I will be away for vacation for the next 12 days. There will be some internet, but I don't know how frequent.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:25 pm

Post by esme »

Blackberry's claim looks a bit better now, so I would be inclined to not lynch him today, but it feels wrong to take off the vote without hearing from PitBull first.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:42 am

Post by esme »

Ok, this is going nowhere.
I will switch to korais and I will assume for now that Blackberry belongs to the heavenly forces.

unvote:Blackberry
vote:korais
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:49 am

Post by esme »

Fritzler wrote:I am here to confirm, that yes, I am a mason with blackberry, and I read the whole thread yesterday. I remember thinking, esme looked scummy, although, I don't remember why, and I don't feel like going back through it. But
esme wrote:Ok, this is going nowhere.
I will switch to korais and I will assume for now that Blackberry belongs to the heavenly forces.

unvote:Blackberry
vote:korais
Seems to me a lot like esme realized she's not gonna be able to kill black, so she wants to try to get someone else.
So, incase Pitbul was voting
unvote and vote: esme
Do you realize how long we've been waiting for a comment from Blackberry's mason partner? I've been away for 12 days and another game I was in has finished and signed-up the sequel and played a day of the sequel in the mean-time whereas here there is a couple of posts. I specifically noted in my second-to-last post that I was waiting for the mason confirmation, then I realized (mistakenly since you turned up) that this would lead nowhere since lots of people don't post and we can't replace all of them.

I can't say I'm thrilled that you "don't feel like going back through it" to give any reason why I seem scummy. Maybe you want to use the Posts-from-Esme feature to find out? It helps to take notes while reading through a game, too. I've hoped for a bit more than OMGUS voting from a new participant having read through the game, actually.

And yes, I'm frustrated with the way this game limps along.

More on-topic, I've difficulties now to see who Pooky can be, so Mr. Flay, you could just tell what you think.

People I'm certainly not going to vote today:
Darklight + Fuldu 2 (Doomcow)
Blackberry + Fritzler
mith (the fish-raining guy is odd, but no specific reason to be anti-town)
Pooky (but he'd better have a result tomorrow)
Mr. Flay
Esme (obviously)

Remaining people:
SinisterOverlord
Mneme (replaces Seol [replaces Nanook])
Flying Dutchman
SubtleTactix
AnnoyingPest (The Machine 86 (replaces KingEnigma))
Olio
Thoth
Electra
Korais

Most of them didn't post too much and in the few posts he had, korais defended Gaspode in a way I don't like.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:39 pm

Post by esme »

Page 85, I think.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:21 am

Post by esme »

Fuldu wrote:
esme wrote:Page 85, I think.
That was the only thing I saw, as well, but Charles Fort isn't even a character in the book, he's just a guy who was mentioned. And mith said that this was one of his favorite characters in the book.
I know, but regardless of what mith said or didn't say, it's clear that he can make it rain fish and it's not a power of the horsemen or the demons, so if he is evil, he is likely an SK and we would recognize his kill-style immediately.
Fuldu wrote:
Does anyone who has reread this now want to comment on the ongoing suggestion that Metatron is part of a good guy masonic group? It just reaffirmed my belief that Metatron is undeniably a villain in the piece, meaning I really ought to go back to voting Blackberry.
If I were mod, there would not be a good Metatron masonic group, but I'm not. I would not dip into any claimed masons now, since there are multiple killing groups and they don't know about each other as well.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:42 am

Post by esme »

I count 32 roles on the role list. Since two are omitted and 32 players, we don't have enough players for the Other Horsemen.

Wouldn't 2 Heaven + 4 Hell + 4 Horsemen + assorted possible double agents (Crowley, Aziraphale, Sister Mary, Delivery man) be a bit much?

The Delivery man could be the reason the horsepersons have stopped killing.

The run over deaths would fit Crowley so well, only that he didn't have a bike, but a car. Anathema is also possible.

However, the "dying of unknown causes"-death is really left over and was done four of the five nights (except for the night mith killed with fish!). It's certainly not done by War or Famine and Pollution was already lynched.
Blackberry wrote:I have a question... why does everything think God/Metatron are a bad group or SK??

There's been two kills each night for the past two nights, I think it would be obvious that they are from the Horsemen and Dukes of Hell???
In this context, the above post is suspicious because the first, fourth and fifth night have "burn" and "die" deaths and the horsepersons are really out of the question, unless someone has an explanation how war kills with natural causes.

I think I want more people to state their suspicions or vote.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:41 am

Post by esme »

In principle, I agree that they are not roles in the same sense as Pollution, say, but you can hardly say that DP was not on the cast list.

I don't see the difference between a mason lynch today and a mason vig-kill tonight.
FOS:olio
for unvoting Blackberry and then suggesting that mith kill him.

I am keeping my vote on korais, but nominate olio for being killed by mith.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:21 pm

Post by esme »

I started to post again after the 12 days I said I'd be away which was one day before Fritzler voiced his suspicion. In particular, this can hardly have been his reason to find me scummy.

olio, if you bring up a name for the mith-kill, then that's a suggestion, even if it is phrased as a question. For me, it is more suspicious that it comes as a question because you bring up the possibility and then don't take any responsibility for the outcome.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (isolation #21) » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:29 am

Post by esme »

This is really weird, GBH was *not* the same person as Treading in Dog shit and People covered in fish. So either, the other four horsemen are all in the game and mith was the *only one* killed or mith could do all names of the other four horsemen.

It certainly fits with his favourite character, but I never believed he could be one of them because they didn't have this abilities.

I have to think more about the remaining characters and why War didn't kill.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (isolation #22) » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:40 am

Post by esme »

You must be joking?

Your original explanation for voting me:
Fritzler wrote: I remember thinking, esme looked scummy, although, I don't remember why, and I don't feel like going back through it.
You completely ignored my posts that you should give a better reasons and now you vote me *before* finishing reading??
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (isolation #23) » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:07 am

Post by esme »

Can someone say if this is complete?

Pooky gets vibes from people
DarkLight and Fuldu2 are masons with the dead Dog, presumably Them
Blackberry and Fritzler are masons and Blackberry protested at heavenly forces being bad

We are looking for War, Hastur for sure.
Maybe the Delivery Man or Sister Mary.
Further mentioned: God and/or Metatron as bad guys, and the other three horsemen.

It makes sense that Pooky got bad vibes from mith.
It is a possibility that War outlurked her night-kill.

I say we wait for pooky's result and he better has one today.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (isolation #24) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:30 am

Post by esme »

Sister Mary is not necessarily scum (or in the game), but highly recruitable in my opinion.

The Delivery Man would certainly be in league with the scum *if* he is in the game. His only goal in the book was to reach all the four horsepersons, *regardless that he would die*. I would expect a win condition of finding all four of them or something, or he is recruiting them into the horsepersons or something.

I find it quite convincing that olio was an ordinary townie, because Warlock was really very normal and never collaborated with hell.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (isolation #25) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:41 pm

Post by esme »

Fritzler wrote:One more thing, why did War not kill?
Or could war not be one of those kills?
Cuz war should be kill, since its a four person mafia, and the other three are mafia.
Would War incinerate people? Or is there some battle in this book where they throw dog shit at eachother?
I will answer your questions if you give any indication that you read my posts.

I'm in favour of Pooky revealing the innocent.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:44 am

Post by esme »

Electra and SubtleTactix both were not happy with the Gaspode-wagon.

I would go along with lynching Electra, unless someone has an idea about Hastur.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:29 am

Post by esme »

vote:electra
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (isolation #28) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:03 pm

Post by esme »

You are really trying to be suspicious, aren't you?
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (isolation #29) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:36 am

Post by esme »

1) It was not forbidden to claim masons up until now.
2) They claimed masons long ago.
3) They are not part of THEM, because we know who claimed mason with dead THEM.
4) The prevailing theory was that they are heaven people, due to the lack of two horsepersons or two devils, but with the GBH story this has changed and there is Sister Mary and the Delivery Man, too. They both suggested that heaven might be on the town side.
5) I feel less inclined to follow the reasonings of people who don't know who claimed what general ability.
6) I have no idea what thumper means.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (isolation #30) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:52 am

Post by esme »

Hmm, I agree that Fritzler is suspicious, but mneme/Seol?'s post is very strange, voting Fritzler for a reason that's existed for a long time. Maybe Pooky can tell us whether one of them is innocent, or tell us why he didn't investigate one of them.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (isolation #31) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:31 am

Post by esme »

I just reread Fritzler's posts and the mason claim is the only reason I stopped voting his partner ('s predecessor). We are still 13 and can wait another day for one of them investigated/one of them night-killed/a role or death type revealed which makes a good or bad remaining mason group extremely unlikely.

I'd prefer to go with Electra today. Lynching a suspicious lurker at this point is good for the game.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (isolation #32) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:37 am

Post by esme »

Correction on the speculated role?

Are you talking about my GBH comment?
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (isolation #33) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:32 pm

Post by esme »

We are going for electra anyway.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (isolation #34) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:44 pm

Post by esme »

Like, someone who loves to read 40 pages?

I'm all for replacing in general, but there have been so many replacements already and we won't get five replacements who actually quickly or at all read the 40 pages.

We are 13 alive and would have to replace

Annoyingpest
Subtletactix
Electra
Thoth
SinisterOverlord

So let's put two more votes on Electra to lynch her AND search for replacements.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (isolation #35) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:47 pm

Post by esme »

This game is crippled by people lurking and/or being replaced.

I'd rather you read the thread than discuss this.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1025 (isolation #36) » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:33 pm

Post by esme »

1) The Americans were supposed to get Adam and got the Young's child Warlock.

2)
Fritzler wrote: and there are spoilers to the second season premier of six feet under.
You must be joking. What am I supposed to do if I don't want to know? Not read your post?

3) Since replacements are so short, I'd rather not replace the one we are most likely going to lynch. Makes me wonder if the game is already so balanced for town that a townie is modkilled and a non-killing scum has to be replaced.

4) It's now rather unlikely that there are three other horsemen around.

5) Is there anyone posing who hasn't voted for Electra? If so, please explain why we shouldn't lynch her.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:41 am

Post by esme »

Fritzler wrote:Exactly, don't read it.
This is a game where it is *necessary* to read other people's post. And the spoiler was completely unnecessary to explain your point. Since you don't seem to understand:

DON'T SPOIL COMPLETELY UNRELATED MOVIES IN A GAME WHERE THE POINT IS TO READ EACH OTHER'S POSTS.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (isolation #38) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:28 pm

Post by esme »

Darklight + Fuldu 2 (Doomcow) claimed mason with a third person who turned up as dog, so they are THEM.
Blackberry + Fritzler claimed mason with each other, possibly God and Metatron.
Pooky cop with the following results:
N1: dead innocent
N2: mith guilty, takes back as vibes [we still don't know whether mith was guilty]
N3: Peachy guilty [true, horseperson]
N4: Roland good [true]
N5: Forgot to send in a target
N6: Thoth declared innocent after Thoth is modkilled [strange choice, trivially true]
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (isolation #39) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:41 am

Post by esme »

No.

I also don't think there are enough players left for "mith's group".
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (isolation #40) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:49 pm

Post by esme »

You should really have the Delivery Man yellow, and I find it strange that you still erase the line:

Full Chorus of Tibetans, Aliens, Americans, Atlantisans, and other rare and strange Creatures of the Last Days

which is not the last line and two of them were definitely in the game.

I am still not satisfied with *why* Pooky investigated Thoth.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1076 (isolation #41) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:07 pm

Post by esme »

I'm away from Sep 24-28.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (isolation #42) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:45 am

Post by esme »

The Delivery Man *activated* the horsepersons in the book. He got killed voluntarily to fulfill his duty to deliver to DEATH. And as opposed to your Mr. Young- example, getting the apocalypse in full swing was the only purpose of the Delivery Man in the book.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (isolation #43) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:04 pm

Post by esme »

Fuldu wrote: esme seems almost maniacally devoted to causing trouble with the more probably innocent members of the town (questioning Pooky's actions, arguing with me about stuff that really isn't important and where I've expressed that it's just my opinion), which is probably the scummiest thing I've seen so far today.
Just as you happen to find it important to point out that there might be other people in the game instead of the chorus (which I find unlikely), I find it important to point out that the Delivery Man could well be scum. The fact that you are a confirmed innocent in my opinion makes it even more important to convince you of this.

If you don't think Pooky's actions questionable at all, there's not much I can add to convince you. It's perfectly possible that the missed night and the timely Thoth result is an unfortunate coincidence, but I find it quite appropriate to question Pooky about it.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (isolation #44) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:14 pm

Post by esme »

flay wrote: esme back in June or July wrote:
Care to enlighten us, if you can remember back that far?
I was wrong about both, I thought mith was Agnes and Pooky some witch-finder, which was already impossible after the "mith's favourite character"-discussion and I find it most likely now that Pooky is Agnes. Failing that, he is scum, which is definitely unlikely, but a possibility.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (isolation #45) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:19 pm

Post by esme »

I think you should mostly investigate the people who seem most scummy to you. Since Fritzler makes really scummy posts, I'd like you to investigate him, because even if he died, we would not know about Blackberry.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (isolation #46) » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:26 pm

Post by esme »

BTW, I don't really think the rare and strange creature is in this game, but while reading the book I always thought it probably referred mostly to the kraken.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (isolation #47) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:18 am

Post by esme »

I'm waiting for Pooky, I would be *quite* happy with voting for the other masons.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1150 (isolation #48) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:26 pm

Post by esme »

Yes, please reveal.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:04 pm

Post by esme »

Since when is it in the interest of the town to have no discussion??
The point of revealing was that we *don't get information about alignments even if people die* and the masons would give two innocents/guilty for one reveal.
I also think there are suspiciously many modkills in this game.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (isolation #50) » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:23 pm

Post by esme »

Ok, thanks ever so much for giving me a chance to participate today.
alko wrote: During day one, JDTay (later replaced by Esme) admitted to killing the prince of hell. So says the mod. Actually, now that I see who it was he 'claims' to have killed, I don't see how.... I'm confused.... This'll have to be something to think about. If you are able to explain to us why this is so Esme, please do so.
What the hell are you talking about? I pulled up JDTay's posts and there's nothing.

I really, really hated alko's suggestion that pooky should investigate Fuldu after Hastur is gone, there's still Sister Mary and the Delivery Man.

I'm also not thrilled by Fritzler's dark hints about keeping alko alive. If we have one or two scum left among 9 people it's hard to see what could be more to the town's advantage than lynching the most suspicious people.
OTOH, I'm very happy that Pooky investigated the Metatron.

The replacement argument about the demon deaths is interesting, but if Sister Mary is involved, this is problematic.

I will need to read up on a couple of things before placing my vote.
We should certainly respect Pooky's results today, I don't see Hastur or Sister Mary as a mafia cop or a godfather.

This leave alko, Mr. Flay and me. I believe it should be pretty unlikely for you that I'm in league with the demons after Genocide_Hearts lynch which I really initiated and saw through. Also, it should be not too hard to figure out who I could be, but well.

Tonight (in RL) I will reread and check alko's and Mr. Flay's posts. I think the replacement argument is not enough on its own.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (isolation #51) » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:11 am

Post by esme »

:shock:

but I agree this time with the band-wagon.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1228 (isolation #52) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:49 pm

Post by esme »

al_kohaulec wrote:I'd also like to hear what Esme's ability is. I know it won't help me, but it could help the town figure out who he is.
I'm female and I consider it extremely poor strategy to talk about abilities after the lynch and before the night.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1235 (isolation #53) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:17 pm

Post by esme »

No, Fuldu was one of the Them Masons.

I am a vanilla townie. Therefore, either Pooky is lying or we have a godfather or a mafia recruited after being investigated left.

I have put Pooky's result below. The results on mith and Peachy make it unlikely that Pooky is just inventing things. I don't like Hastur being Godfather at all, maybe Sister Mary, but it's hard to see her burning people on her own. Given the quick lynches on the two previous day, I want to explicitly ask you to go slow with today's lynch, so I have a chance to discuss this, because I have to reread a couple of things. The worst-case scenario would be Hastur AND Sister Mary left. (If the Delivery Man is not pro-town, I find it hard to believe that he could kill on his own.)

Remaining Roles:
Hastur
Thou-Shalt-Not-Commit-Adultery Pulsifer
Agnes Nutter
Sister Mary Loquacious
A Delivery Man
Wensleydale
Alien

Remaining Players:
Mneme (Seol (Nanook)) inno by Pooky
Mr. Flay (Flying Dutchman) inno by Pooky
Esme (replaces JDTAY)
Fuldu II (replaces DoomCow) - Them (masons with Dog)
PookyTheMagicalBear cop

N1: dead innocent
N2: mith guilty, takes back as vibes
N3: Peachy guilty
N4: Roland good
N5: Forgot to send in a choice
N6: Thoth innocent after Thoth is modkilled
N7: Fritzler innocent (told on D8)
N8: Mneme innocent
N9: Flay innocent
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (isolation #54) » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:20 pm

Post by esme »

I need to reread and I suppose others have to do the same. Since it's unlikely that Hastur is immune to investigations and that there are three townies left, *I* know that it is extremely likely that the town loses if I'm lynched.

I find it somewhat suspicious that you are not saying more about me and others, but pushing for a vote.

From my POV, it's *very* likely that Pooky is scum. Actually, I can practically be sure that there is either just one scum left or Pooky is scum which makes Pooky the right lynch, but you don't know what I know, so I have to look through his posts to maybe convince you. I'm especially interested in the quick-lynches.

I'm also not so sure, we can completely exclude the possibility that Mr, Flay is The Delivery Man, because the alternative win condition suggestion came after I pushed for including TDM on the possible scum list.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1245 (isolation #55) » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:00 pm

Post by esme »

darquiel lynch:

Fritzler
Esme
Flay
SubtleTactix (as per modcount 25th Sept 2:46 PM, the first Delivery discussion between Fuldu and me is immediately before that)
mneme (25th Sep 6:47 PM)
alko (25th Sep 12:16 AM)
Blackberry (3rd Oct 7:51PM)

Lynch

Genocide Heart lynch:

mneme wrote:I think alko is more likely than esme -- esme instigated the GH bandwagon.
which mneme conveniently forgot in the meantime.
Fuldu wrote:
Genocide Heart, the only demon to have been lynched instead of nightkilled, was deadline lynched with only six votes. Of the living players, those voting for her were myself, esme, and Mr. Flay.
SubtleTactix lynch:

Flay (13th Oct 7:07 PM)
Fritzler (7:11)
mneme (8:16)
alko (9:22)
Pooky (9:54)

Lynch, neither subtletactix nor I had a chance to speak.

(Definitely raises suspicion on Pooky and then mneme.)

alko lynch:

Fritzler (23rd Oct 1:07am)
Flay (2:23)
Pooky (3:31)

gets stuck, mneme doesn't post during that period

Fritzler unvotes (3:51pm)
votes esme
and revotes (24th Oct 1:16 PM)
some discussion without mneme
mneme returns and votes(24th Oct 5:05 PM)
(this is the post where mneme mentions the GH wagon)

Lynch

Delivery Man issue:
flay wrote: esme, what makes you think Sister Mary or the Delivery Man are scum? The former I can see, but DEATH ended up killing the latter...not exactly much of an ally.
flay wrote: About the Delivery Man/Other Horsemen/yellow roles discussion: I don't think the Delivery Man is as likely to be scum as, say, Sister Mary. I do think we have the Other Horsemen, and esme might be one.
flay wrote: The Delivery Man
may
have an independent win condition, something like find all the horsemen or something, would be the only possibility there. But... Pooky, are you still getting straight good vibes/bad vibes on everyone?
The bold is Flay's. I don't think that we can exclude Mr. Flay from being the Delivery Man from these posts.

So, I say hell is Pooky and possibly mneme. If the Delivery Man is indeed scum, I don't think we can do much against it at this point.

I encourage you all to look at the wagons for yourself. The reasoning or absence thereof is also quite interesting.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (isolation #56) » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:41 pm

Post by esme »

+) You forget that if we have two scum, then they won't both have investigation immunity and then I don't see how you can explain that Pooky is still alive. Also, *not* having Agnes and TSNCA Pulsifer in the game does make sense chronologically, and this leaves Pooky's ability without role.

+) I didn't just vote for GH, I started and advertised it on Day 4 with multiple scum groups. This should be the main reason for you not to vote me and Pooky completely misrepresented what happened by saying that voting for an ally is normal.

+) I don't agree that it is necessary for Pooky to vote me at this point if he's innocent. He also must know that he should have died if remaining scum are not immune to investigation which doesn't exactly warrant an automatic following of investigation results in the face of other evidence. In particular, Pooky should have looked through old posts before voting, if he is pro-town.

+) Fuldu didn't want to put the Delivery Man down as possible scum, so I strongly argued for it. Mr. Flay was against it, but conceded that he
might
have an alternative win condition. I think that this exchange makes it more *unlikely* that Mr. Flay is demon scum, not more likely.

+) I really wished you would read old posts, including mine. We have 50 pages, including the lynch of a demon, and lots and lots of discussion.

+) Of all remaining players, Mneme has the most noncommittal posts in this game, is on the quick-lynches, not on the demon-lynch and now has innocently asked whether there is anything to discuss. I strongly suggest that we now wait until Mneme has posted an in-depth analysis addressing the points in the posts of Fuldu and me. Afterwards, I would like to hear from Pooky why he thinks he is still alive. A typical Mr. Flay post is of course always welcome.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1250 (isolation #57) » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:44 am

Post by esme »

Fuldu wrote: Why would a plain townie even suggest that his role could have an alternative win condition?
I insisted that you include the possibility of scumminess and Mr. Flay conceded that it might be possible which is the proper thing to do besides ignoring my comment or claiming. I get the impression that since it is clear who you are you do not properly appreciate that some of us don't want to get mod-killed. Obviously, I can't convey this to you very well, but I put down Mr. Flay as probably Delivery Man in my own notes after the posts in question because he seemed to want to *end* the discussion about TDM's scumminess.

But now, I really, really will wait for mneme, and please look through my old posts.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (isolation #58) » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:00 pm

Post by esme »

Dragon Slayer wrote:
Esme replaces JDTAY
My *first* post:
esme wrote:God is ineffable, Satan's opposite is the metatron in the book.

Notes from reading the game

Genocide defends Gaspode day 1
olio claims vanilla and volunteers for being verification vigged
Seoul certainly not in league with the horsemen now mneme
darklight confirms doomcow and locus

roland had a question mark, but with all the good vibes I am happy if he isnt the metatron

I would lean to kill Genocide or one of the locus trio. I will dig up Genocides post tomorrow, the hard and software in this place is appalling sorry for the inferior style.

Oh and I really looked forward to the reason of the DP modkill, a bit of a letdown in suspense.
esme wrote:Good news the internet cafe just gave me a farewell gift hour for free for being such a good customer, so here are the posts:
Genocide Heart wrote:Gaspode didn't state any intention there, he stated what thought Stewie's comment of him was implying.

I really don't understand the whole Gaspode-wagon thing. It seems to consist almost entirely of poor reading comprehension.
Later he eases up a bit
Genocide Heart wrote: Anyway, I'll agree with Seol that Gaspode's insistence that everyone slow down and be less suspicious is scummy behavior, but I disagree that it's the scummiest thing we've seen so far.

I still think mepmuff's behavior was just downright idiotic, and even if we forgive that as a very stupid mistake Korais may be a better lynch than Gaspode.
And later
Genocide Heart wrote:Between Coron and Gaspode, I find an attempt to speed the game up and lynch someone based on poor reasons to be both more dangerous and scummier than being noncommital and attempting to slow the game down. Coron's frequent use of ALL CAPS and the tones of frustration and anger I read in his posts I also find scummy, though this may be misinterpretation and/or bias on my part.

Between Coron and PB, my second choice for a lynch, I find that PB's style, while scummy and annoying, is not as suspicious as Coron's posted reasons for voting and his behavior in subsequent discussions of those reasons. The chance that PB is weird is higher than the chance the Coron is innocent and playing poorly. Additionally a vote on Coron 'counts' more than a vote on PB at this point, although that's a much more secondary reason.

I still find the strongest case against Aelyn to be in relationship to Gaspode, so I'd prefer lynching him before lynching Aelyn (And I don't really want to lynch Gaspode.) One could, I suppose, lynch Aelyn for other, justifiable reasons but that lynch would be weaker than a lynch of any of the other potential candidates.

So I'd be happiest lynching either Coron or PB, wouldn't mind lynching Gaspode, disagree with lynching Aelyn before Gaspode, and don't think there's much of a case against anyone else.
There was one vote before that, afterwards, four people voted GH in a *very* short time, this was the reason my vote was the sixth.

Flay, as he says jumped off and on again when the band-wagon was stuck.

*I* posted the following about *two weeks* after the start of the band-wagon, two days before the deadline fell and when almost everyone was jumping off in response to GH's take on lurkers which I felt was directed at me, too.
esme wrote:
Genocide Heart wrote: And, of course, I'd like to see our lurkers post a bit as well.
Sorry to say, but I want to keep my vote on you.
It was mneme who jumped off when the wagon was increasing the second and final time with the following profound reasoning:
mneme wrote:
unvote

without a vote count, and with people popping in and voting for no reason except peer pressure, I'd rather reserve my vote for the moment.
I'm really disappointed that mneme's voting pattern which was scummy on *all* discussed lynches counts for nothing while I am scummy because I didn't post for two days after sitting on my vote for two weeks and confirming it shortly before the deadline was set. I'm also disappointed that you are not inclined to put pressure on mneme. You should have waited for him and not ease his way by saying that you are not going to lynch him in any case. Maybe you could look once more through old posts looking for indicators that I'm pro-town and mneme scum?

I'm quite sure that Pooky and Mneme are the ones we are looking for and they don't have to defend themselves at all, because Fuldu and Flay are doing their defense for them.

Please, please, why can't you at least pretend to be suspect mneme until he's had to defend his voting pattern?
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (isolation #59) » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:30 pm

Post by esme »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Who's this "we"?
Good question, it's mneme who again made a most economic post just commenting on *one* issue. Both Pooky and mneme *didn't* comment on the last two lynches and on the possible roles/pairings issues and *didn't* look through old posts for *other* useful facts than those brought up by the other posters.
Pooky wrote: Just look at my posts and tell me if you would think that a Mafia Cop would forget to investigate and tell the truth about it,
Oh yes, if you are mafia it greatly benefits you that you skipped one investigation. Otherwise, you would have to either say I'm innocent, thus making it clear that you are scum or Hastur is investigation-immune, or you'd have to say I'm scum, thus being lynched tomorrow if you are the only scum left.
Pooky wrote: if a mafia cop would come out day 2 after a FOUR kill night 1,
That's the only good point in your post and I will certainly reread day 2 and comment on it if you do me the courtesy and comment on the points in my posts. In particular, please tell me *why* I lobbied for the GH lynch in that particular situation after replacing in relatively early in a multi-kill game.
Pooky wrote: if a mafia cop would come out with info to clear rolando to save him from the lynchhappy mob.
That's again a really bad argument, because of course a mafia cop would save someone innocent. Why the hell not?
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1274 (isolation #60) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:06 am

Post by esme »

mneme wrote:
Mneme: Either scum with Pooky or not scum at all.
Mr. Flay: No info?
Esme: if scum, has outed a fellow scum-mate (GH). Seems unlikely.
Fuldu II: Not scum. Mason.
PookyTheMagicalBear: probably not scum (proven cop). If scum, is a mafia cop.
The non-symmetry between Mneme and Flay in this list isn't exactly an incentive for me to find mneme less suspicious.
In any case, we have assumed that Hastur is not Godfather and not mafia cop and in the game to get to the "either scum with pooky or not scum at all" for both mneme and flay. I find these assumptions reasonable, but it's not proven or something.

Also, while I find it hard to see Hastur as mafia cop, I can see Hastur as mafia tracker which would make it at least possible that Pooky is Hastur.

I trust Fuldu and I'm quite certain that the conjecture that there are only two vanilla townies left is correct, because noone protested this assumption. These are two points we can all agree on.

You should also agree on the following:
Together with Hastur not being investigation immune, it also means that *if I am not scum*, then Pooky and one of Mneme and Flay are two scum.

For that reason, I'm in favour of lynching Pooky. If the choice is between Mneme and Flay, I'm in favour of lynching Mneme because of the last two lynches. I'm of course well aware of the fact that there's no point for me in lynching Mneme without Fuldu's vote (because it would mean that I'm wrong). So, I think that it is mostly Fuldu's choice now.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (isolation #61) » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:03 pm

Post by esme »

Fuldu wrote: Whereas, if we lynch Pooky and he turns up Agnes, she can still argue that one of the other two is Hastur with an investigative immunity.
It's a hard sell, but a better bet given that she's pretty much talked herself out of every pro-town role except Alien.
Mneme avoided talking about roles the whole game which I would like you to realize as highly suspicious in addition to the two last day's lynches which Mneme and Pooky *both* failed to comment upon.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (isolation #62) » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:27 am

Post by esme »

Mr. Flay wrote:*blink* Hello? 3 days since the last post...I know it was a holiday here in the States and all, but...
Mr. Flay wrote:Oh, right: if esme IS pro-town and there's two scum left on the same team, then they've been taking their own sweet time speedlynching her. Just a thought, since most of us seem to think Pooky+esme is unlikely, given that they could have set somebody else up for the loss.
Anyone have more to say about this? I'm about 98% sure esme is scum now, but I don't want to set up a speedlynch before we all report back in.
Ehmm, it just means that if I am pro-town and there are two scum left, then Pooky is one of them, but we knew that anyway, unless you assume that we have two scum with investigation immunity left. It's just one more reason to lynch Pooky today, since we *should* go for the two-scum option today.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (isolation #63) » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:57 am

Post by esme »

Since other people find it more likely that I'm scum alone if I'm scum and those people ignore that if I'm not scum and there are two scum, then Pooky *has* to be scum, it's not exactly silly to remind you of this.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (isolation #64) » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:24 am

Post by esme »

:(

I assume that the game is over.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (isolation #65) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:52 am

Post by esme »

Told you so.

And frankly, I don't understand why Mr. Flay voted for me with Pooky and Mneme after the previous two lynches. If you don't punish people for being exactly on all wrong lynches...

I liked mith's role and how he played it.

Finally, I'm still surprised that my predecessor as alien with the avatar shown below was not modkilled.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”