Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #266 (isolation #0) » Thu May 06, 2010 5:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

prod dodge. sorry i will realpost soon promises
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (isolation #1) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

This thread is so biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig i'm taking a break from reading sorry.
I was on page 8.

Some realposting:
I'm late to the thread because zoraster said in pm that you had to confirm by pm before posting in the thread. I thought that meant I pm him that I'm playing and he responds "ok confirmed you can post now" but that was not the case apparently. Now I'm replacing into my own slot it feels like. The paaaaaain. It huuuuurts.

I prefer playing scum or other to playing town. I HATE getting mislynched, get very angry at the mislynchers and cranky and stressed out. As scum I'm lynched less often, and if I am lynched, I feel like congratulating worthy opponents rather than screaming at worthless teammates.

I figured some would be able to figure out my preference by meta. Since it didn't seem useful for me to WIFOM this (you thought I'd pick scum but I PICKED TOWN so now you are going to lynch me when... oh... crap....) I elected to go for the dice instead.

I used Mafia 89 Revenge. Generated a random number from 1 to 22. 1 to 3 were mafia, 4 was other, all other numbers were town. I got town.

So far in reading the thread, I like DGB's case on Zorblag and like DGB's play in general so far. The Parama VP spat seems hard to read for me. Jack's cult claim seems like real slipping and bumbling, and I'm a fan of lynching stuff that is not Town.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (isolation #2) » Fri May 07, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

prod dodge

yes you guys wallpost that's why i'm afraid to catch up.

Wait, is zoraster modding this one? Is he a content nazi on prod dodges?

Um. Cawntent. Post 333 is scummy. Weird hanging prepositions all over the place. Clearly he's too stressed by the manipulation his role requires to use grammar properly.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (isolation #3) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Nicodemus, brackets mine wrote:[in mafia 89 revenge I] see that there were actually 5 scum, not 3. A fact that I would assume you were acquainted with since you were a part of the game. To me it looks like you fixed the numbers so that there was a higher perceived probability of you rolling town than there should have been, just to get us to trust your townness that much more.
FoS pops
for this entirely unbelievable explanation.
That game was over a year ago. No, I didn't remember, and I suppose used the wrong seed. I must have used a player list that didn't include endgamed players.

The attacks against me for using a random number generator and announcing it aren't very alignment grounded. I want to self-preserve, no matter what my alignment is. No matter what my alignment is, a player who knows me well would have expected me to select scum. So no matter what my alignment is, it's in my best interest to explain that I used a random process to generate my alignment, and now it's all up to them to scumhunt as best they can.

FishytheFish has
correctly
identified Gambler's Fallacy in the analysis of his wagon, and I think he's town anyhow. Please quit wagoning him. It gives me headaches in my math/logic lobes. (to be fair though, he did fail to realize that each townie member
does
make the next more likely to be town, but that is because they are a member of the town, not a member of the wagon. The town has a definite composition.

Well, actually in this game it doesn't, we all made independent choices about which side to play. But usually it does. So in this case the attack on Fishy is actually 100% fallacious)

I didn't like xvart's early posting, I agree with the assessment that the misinterpretation of the mason comment could be overreaching due to him being scum and looking for cases really hard. Now, he's a repeat offender:
xvart wrote:
popsofctown wrote:prod dodge

yes you guys wallpost that's why i'm afraid to catch up.

Wait, is zoraster modding this one? Is he a content nazi on prod dodges?

Um. Cawntent. Post 333 is scummy. Weird hanging prepositions all over the place. Clearly he's too stressed by the manipulation his role requires to use grammar properly.
Another prod dodge (2 out of 3 posts) and one scummy observation. More votes please.
He seems to miss that I'm force-generating content to avoid zoraster's potential wrath, and that my analysis is totally tongue in cheek. I think this could be the subtle effects of his agenda tinting his perspective.

I'm actually not concerned about most of the other votes on my wagon. Most are saying it was an awkward post. It was an awkward post because I knew it would be called scummy even as I wrote it, and I don't make posts like that often. I felt like I wanted to say so though, after bothering to use the method, it seemed like a necessary followthrough. I just shouldn't have mentioned it though.

You're all welcome to lynch me for awkwardposting, but it'd be out of line to lynch me for lurking. I got stuck 11 pages behind at one point, surely you all know how hard that is to take all at once, and don't think it's merely a tactical decision to avoid posting content that might make me readable.

Policy lynching me because you think I won't be readable the rest of the game doesn't do it for me either. I wasn't caught up before, I'm caught up now, and I have a record of being an active player.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (isolation #4) » Sun May 09, 2010 6:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

Lurkerhunting does look good.

vote: Cobalt

Scream hypocrisy all you want, my actions are independent of whether lurking is a bad thing in general.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (isolation #5) » Sun May 09, 2010 6:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

ack,
##vote:Cobalt

Look at the records in Parama's sig... Wouldn't you pick other if you had that record?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (isolation #6) » Sun May 09, 2010 10:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

Parama wrote:
popsofctown wrote:ack,
##vote:Cobalt

Look at the records in Parama's sig... Wouldn't you pick other if you had that record?
Actually, I have a 100% loss rate as Other (ongoing game though so I haven't added it yet).
Don't talk about ongoing games.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (isolation #7) » Sun May 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Jack, you need to follow up on that QT crap promptly. Either you can post it or you cant. I don't like your apparent stalling.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (isolation #8) » Sun May 09, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Me Parama!

Hopefully the magic happens in the form of me getting a job opportunity and not sudden injury.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (isolation #9) » Mon May 10, 2010 8:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

Ojanen wrote:
popsofctown wrote:That game was over a year ago. No, I didn't remember, and I suppose used the wrong seed. I must have used a player list that didn't include endgamed players.
Where exactly did you get the playerlist from?
pops wrote:The attacks against me for using a number generator and announcing it aren't very alignment grounded. I want to self-preserve, no matter what my alignment is. No matter what my alignment is, a player who knows me well would have expected me to select scum. So no matter what my alignment is, it's in my best interest to explain that I used a random process to generate my alignment, and now it's all up to them to scumhunt as best they can.
You want to preserve regardless of alignment, I get that. No matter what your alignment, you thought it was in your best interest to explain you used random numbers, mmkay.
But what on earth was your motivation in actually following through with using the random numbers? Why not just say you did, and take the anti-town alignment you prefer regardless? When you especially hate getting mislynched as town anyway?
Ah, here's what I did.
Gorrad wrote:GAME!

Azrael001, Townie, Killed N5
Vi, Townie, Endgamed D6
popsofctown, SK, Endgamed D6

Shanba, Mafia, Wins D6
Cogito Ergo Scum, Mafia, Wins D6
My Milked Eek, Mafia, Wins D6
I for some reason assumed all the victorious players would be identified, but the dead ones were not. So I got 3 mafias instead of 5.

The first page of the thread was no help to me, it just had the two players who had died before Phate stopped updating the thread. What I should have done was add 2+3=5.

Announcing I used random numbers when I didn't use random numbers would be foolish. If I am not the sort of person who would actually follow through and use the random number generator, then no one will believe me. But I am that sort of person and I did.

You seem to think that I used to the random number generator so i could tell people that I used a random number generator. This is not the case, I would have used it to generate my alignment even if I couldn't tell anyone. I see inherent value in making my own decisions unpredictable.

Actually, if I rolled scum or other I wouldn't have mentioned the generator at all and would have mentioned the one or two town games I've played and really enjoyed, because I would figure people would find the generator thing scummy. I guess maybe I should have done that anyway, even though I rolled town. I just herd I'm not supposed to have to lie as town. Though every game I get mislynched for telling the truth, which is why I hate this alignment. Ack.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (isolation #10) » Mon May 10, 2010 8:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

DrippingGoofball wrote:OK this game needs action now.

Say by bye

DAYVIG: popsofctown
Oh, look what I haven't read up to yet.

That'd be nice, wouldn't it DGB, if you could dayvig me back for me getting you in Majora's Mask Mafia. Sadly you've just killed a teammate, not quite the same.

It's not horrible, I'm just VT.

I'd give some dying scumreads, but I haven't really drawn a bead on anyone. I think you should keep pressuring xvart, he doesn't look too good.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (isolation #11) » Mon May 10, 2010 8:14 am

Post by popsofctown »

Why didn't you ask for a claim DGB? I would be concerned about DGB being a scum or other power role that can dayvig, with her killing a very popular target without asking for a claim.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (isolation #12) » Mon May 10, 2010 11:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm not dead?

You tease me with freedom from this mortal coil?

Screw you all, I'm gonna go watch anime.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (isolation #13) » Mon May 10, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

NO ONE POST.

There's a townie that is a dead night target, but the scum don't know it's a bad target.

Scum have, say, 2/3s of the town to target with night actions, so 1 invalid target gives them a pretty good shot of messing up and hitting whoever was modkilled.

Town have the entire town to target, so they have less chance of accidentally hitting a modkilled player with their actions and thereby doing nothing.

Plus I think town have fewer actions anyway. Townie town seems townie tbh.

Obviously I'm making an exception for myself so I can transmit this idea. Plus I'm a claimed VT with lots of suspicion so I have no chance of getting shot by scum, ever. Blegh.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (isolation #14) » Mon May 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The post used to say that the player's name would not be announced until night, that the player about to be modkilled would not post, and that anyone else could post. So there was a loophole where anyone who posted was confirming that they were not the modkilled player.

Since players had to send in night actions, posting gave away to scum that you were a valid night target, so it wasn't in your best interest to post, I was pointing that out.

This is why editting posts can be so confusing.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (isolation #15) » Mon May 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

neaux kwiklinch hee ses
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (isolation #16) » Mon May 10, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

So can we lynch Jack since he doesn't seem to be aligned with the town, you ninja? kthx.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (isolation #17) » Mon May 10, 2010 10:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Lemme track someone plox.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (isolation #18) » Mon May 10, 2010 11:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Most people have problems in life because they don't use enough math tbh.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (isolation #19) » Tue May 11, 2010 11:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

Wait Fishy must die because he targetted someone during the night after claiming a role that targets? What is this I don't even...
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (isolation #20) » Wed May 12, 2010 8:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

My role pm says that I win the game when all factions that require the townies for their wincon are dead.

Fishy and all his undersea friends do not require townies to die, even if he lied and his point conditions give him bonus points for lynching townies.

I'm gonna apply some super Bayes' theorem (aka watching for people moving towards their actual wincon) and say that everyone on Fishy's wagon is super scummy.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (isolation #21) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

UGH MS ATE MY POST.

anyway.

in response to RC:
Mod: Is it possible for me to lose the game though other townies win the game?

I paraphrased because I assumed my wincon boiled down to what the townie wincon always is, but technically if you nitpick the wording, if the last three living players were a lyncher who had already killed his target and two vanilla townies some townies would be declared winners and the dead lyncher target would be considered a loser. This kind of turns the town into a coalition of Survivors and is bad design and I'm hoping the wincon phrasing was just an oversight.

@LlamaFluff saying "if he got points for lynching townies isn't that bad"

Yes it's bad, but he still can't kill townies at night, still doesn't know if his targets are actually town when he votes them, and he's not a scum who definitely wants to vote townies.

@farside: You're viewing the theme game in a very simplistic way. Try to focus on the town wincon, not rules of thumb like LaL. We need to kill people who want us to die. Fishy may have claimed without fullclaiming. Did he do it because he actually want us to die? No, probably not, so leave him alive.

@DGB's post above me: I want that kind of scum to die too, but why is Zorblag scum exactly? His first post didn't seem quite lynchworthy to me.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (isolation #22) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

EBWOP: Supposing I got a role pm just like the sample, would it be possible for me to lose the game although other townies won the game
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (isolation #23) » Wed May 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

RedCoyote wrote:
pops, I'm just giving you a yes or no question here. I was under the impression you were more or less suckered into claiming VT by DGB. Is this true or not? If it's true, why not just post your VT win con as it shows on the rules post of the game, and if it isn't, then why do I think you are a VT?
Well excuse me for forgoing the literal yes/no interpretation of the question "Are you a VT like you claimed two pages ago?" and assuming you wouldn't ask a redundant question, Red.

When asked the question I answered with the gist of my wincon. I didn't bother with going to the rules post or opening my role pm which is hidden in a sea of pms because I'm very popular. I only now realize that there may be any distinction between the answer I gave and the wincon in my role pm.

Of course, what's rather fascinating is that you said "hey, don't you have the wincon posted here in the first post" and not, "hey, that's not the wincon in my role pm".
---
RedCoyote wrote:
farside 800 wrote:Well I will be giving the town the finger every day I am role blocked for keeping someone alive that is saying they did something good for the town and was tracked to someone that claimed to be role blocked. In my view they are just being dumb.
Maybe I'm just being unsophisticated, but I agree with farside here. I don't really get how the town expects to win if there are a lot of "non-hostile" entities with some supposedly nondescript action that may or may not wittingly be roleblocking town PRs. I mean, what is there to take advantage of here? I don't think those advocating a lynch on Fishy are asking the town to ignore scum or "hostile" third parties, but you do lynch whomever is running contrary to the town's best interests.
Look, if zoraster PMed me and said "tonight, you can vig someone, but only if it's fishy, wannadoit?" I would absolutely vig fishy. But stray roleblocks hitting town PRs (and scum PRs and designated killers too) is not nearly as worthy of the lynch as players whom must die before we win the game, who kill us every night, who very well may also have roleblocks. I mean, it's like you have a six shot revolver and you're being attacked by four raccoons and five bears. The bears are more dangerous by orders of magnitude, and you need to shoot them first. And if you shoot one raccoon first, what if you miss the bears with your other five shots? You're hosed.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (isolation #24) » Thu May 13, 2010 9:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

People who want to lynch sushiface lack lots of critical thinking skills or are others.

@DGB: Doesn't matter if they win points for lynching townies. They don't KNOW who the townies are. And their actual wincon does not require the townies to die, so they can be alive in endgame and we still get declared victorious.

And there's about even chances they are protown.

The LaL wiki telling needs to stop. It's juvenile. Quit being handbook Boy Scouts and think through the situation.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (isolation #25) » Thu May 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (isolation #26) » Fri May 14, 2010 5:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

UncertainKitten wrote:
But yeah, overall, how if Fishy's claim more anti town than whatever Jack is.
QFT
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (isolation #27) » Fri May 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

## unvote, Vote: Jack
He's not anywhere near denying being a cult leader, and I feel much less assured that he is non-hostile.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (isolation #28) » Fri May 14, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

##Vote: Jack
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (isolation #29) » Sun May 16, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

UncertainKitten wrote:Has Nico even posted since this wagon sprung up on him?

SUSPICIOUS I THINK~!
http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=11

I was reminded of Dinosaur Comics.

Why is Jack alive?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1178 (isolation #30) » Thu May 20, 2010 6:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

who did ani replace?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1185 (isolation #31) » Fri May 21, 2010 7:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

Troll, on the bad gut. Is there deadline pressure yet?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1235 (isolation #32) » Sat May 22, 2010 8:36 am

Post by popsofctown »

##Vote: Zorblag

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (isolation #33) » Sat May 22, 2010 11:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

No one recognizing the portal reference?

Fine, be that way.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1264 (isolation #34) » Sun May 23, 2010 7:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

##vote: Nicodemus

Though I'm not that comfortable with his claim at all. "If you track me and people die it's ok gais, it's ok" doesn't make me feel good.

Could the person with the "town/not town" investigation thingy, whoever that was, target me tonight? I am VT and if not I'm evil lying scum. I'd rather you hit something like that rather than another other, who wouldn't really be confscum but we wouldn't really be able to lynch and bleches yknow?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1390 (isolation #35) » Sun May 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

i don't like this setup at all.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1435 (isolation #36) » Mon May 24, 2010 8:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

Fishythefish wrote:Interesting. Shotty and d3x both claim to be sure they had no points at the beginning of Day 2, when I used scoreboard. However, while I'm not willing to reveal the precise rankings right now, I will say that they were not on the same number of points when I used scoreboard. So one of them is lieing.
Let's kill both of them for good measure then. That sounds pretty sketchy. They are saying they are on a team right? So they're probably both scum
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1439 (isolation #37) » Mon May 24, 2010 9:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

well then you have some teammates dex why don't we have them confirm your alignment eh?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1495 (isolation #38) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

d3x, do you get points for lynching scum? Would that mean you want to lynch DGB?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1506 (isolation #39) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:Algorithm stuff that leads to DGBscum confuses me.
That's because they have made an error or they are lying. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and suggest bad math.
DGB are you scum?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (isolation #40) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

We can massclaim if you like.

##vote: DrippingGoofbal

What in the samhill is an "unknown"? Made up role is made up.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1516 (isolation #41) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I've heard such good things about Zorblag, but really, you think I'm bussing a partner?

I see that I missed unknown being in the OP. I also see that it changes nothing. It's a fundamentally impossible category for living players.

There's Town, Mafia, Non-Hostile Other, And Hostile other. There's no room for unknown. If it's town it'd be town, if it's mafia it'd be mafia. If it's other, it's either hostile or it's not. There's no Schroedinger-cat wincon that is either hostile or non-hostile. It's gonna be one or the other. Unknown is for
dead
players, and unknown means their alignment is
unknown to us
even after their death. Mostly likely means being a janitor role, which might not even be in the game but might just be a smart zoraster making sure nothing is ruled out when he set up the formatting.

If her role was for counting living players, she would not have to guess unknowns, she'd just have the four options. This slipup makes it obvious she's lying about her wincon. She's either hostile other or scum.

I mean look at her sig.

More votes, please.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1518 (isolation #42) » Tue May 25, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'll start, I'm VT.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1528 (isolation #43) » Tue May 25, 2010 7:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Zorblag wrote:@popsofctown, what a fascinating response. If you've heard such good things about me and put any stock in them I'm not sure why you let DrippingGoofball's characterization of my scum hunting as poor go largely uncommented upon. I'm also a bit unclear why you'd have been as willing to lynch me yesterday if you thought I could have been helpful down the road when there were so many less useful targets. Mind you, you haven't seemed at all interested in who's scum up till this point in the game from what I can see from your play.
I haven't been sure who's scum until this point. And I don't remember DGB calling you a crappy scumhunter, or why I didn't comment. Tbh, I've skipped 1-2 pages of this megathread so it might have been in there.
Zorblag wrote: I've been saying that you're not town since about when you started posting. I don't think that I've ever particularly wavered in that. I know you're not government as I didn't hit you when I shot at you. That means you're pretty likely to be mafia in my opinion.
ITT we learn about confirmation bias. You're so sure that I have to be BUSSING DGB? 2 flips you haven't seen? It's quite laughable really.
Zorblag wrote: DrippingGoofball's claim is pretty dubious but she's clearly not town now. The only reason I don't think she'd be mafia is I expect the mafia to have a night kill and I don't think she'd bother with me during the day if she could use a night kill instead. Perhaps I've got that wrong, she did almost get my lynched after all (which was surprising; actually, I should have been dead when I claimed but Fishythefish and probably others weren't about to do the hammering I'm sure they would have liked to.) In any case, seeing you actually jump on a case for once definitely makes me think bus.
If you seriously play all your games by lynching players who aren't interested in mislynch wagons and are interested in the wagons that hit scum, your town win-rate mystifies me.
She's scum or other, and she's not in the government, and her claim is crap. I don't see how wanting control of your kill excludes the possibility she has one. You have a shortage of people you want dead when you play as scum? I don't.
Zorblag wrote: If we do end up killing her in the next day or night and she flips mafia you're my first guess for a partner despite the fact that it's too obvious. DrippingGoofball would pull the day vig bit on a partner and do things like staking her reputation on you being town to protect you just because, hey, who's going to believe she would do that? Mind you, if that does happen then I think that the night kills are coming from UncertainKitten (probably a vig, though I'm a bit more suspicious of her than I've said as accidentally targeting me last night when Plum was intended is a bit convenient) and a Serial Killer (because despite my earlier arguments that it was silly to be lynching me as a potential SK on the grounds that there's no evidence that there even is one, the 9999 damage kill flavor does make me think SK with a video game tie in more than mafia.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Look. The quadruple super double reverse wifom method of scumhunting works, once every 381 games. Simple stuff will work a lot more consistently for you. Trust me.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1567 (isolation #44) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

Zorblag wrote:@RedCoyote, I'm pretty sure that farside22 has indicated that she isn't one shot (she was worried about getting roleblocked from here on out.)

@popsofctown, you seem to be missing the fact that I don't think it's bussing because I don't think that DrippingGoofball is in a faction with a night kill. You're a great partner if she does flip mafia as that would mean I think they probably don't have a killing role.

I'd think that you'd have better ways to be spending your energy than looking here though. People aren't listening to me anyhow and there's still scum out there to catch. Scum which you don't seem to be catching beyond the fact that apparently now you think DrippingGoofball counts.

Out of curiosity, when did we determine that DrippingGoofball wasn't government? I don't see why you'd think that at this point.

Also, what is your role title? What is your flavor title?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
When she gave a swiss cheese roleclaim, it was clear she was lying. People lying about being non-hostile are probably hostile. The unknown thing is seriously a mistake she made.

I'm a Vanilla Townie. I'm a Country Music Superstar.

My motive is roughly that I sing songs to make people happy. I paraphrased so that a motive cop can confirm themselves if they obtain the exact wording. Everyone else really ought to have done so :(

Charter is obvscum, until now Plum comes in and has read the setup o.0. We'll see how this pans out I guess. Maybe their a 2-man hostile faction and she really can't let him die, because the version of motive cop he gave us seemed kind of off-beat and reading the motive makes more sense, especially because most people's motive matches up to their flavor title.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1669 (isolation #45) » Thu May 27, 2010 9:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

farside22 wrote:Okay so I just realized something while looking at those that claimed. Before I bring out my someone is scum between DGB and RC comment I need to know if DDD claimed his full role

*checks*
Yup he claimed vanilla townie.
Okay so here is the issue. The person who targetted RC (fishy) stated he never RB'ed RC. Now whether that is true or not is up for debate but DGB is claiming that she has been RB for 2 nights in a row but no one is claiming to be a RB.
So this means one scum has a roleblocking ability and is lying, but if this true why was RC blocked and DGB blocked both N1 and no one is claiming to do either block? Blocking RC N1 would not have looked scummy either.
So is RC lying or is DGB lying? Or do we think there is 2 anti-town RB's?
Again RC was under some pressure and some found not town so why wouldn't someone claim to have RB'ed him?

Thoughts on this view would be appriecated.
DGB is obvscum so it's not a very mysterious mystery.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1670 (isolation #46) » Thu May 27, 2010 9:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

UncertainKitten wrote: I'm going to shoot her.

Nooooo you indecisive feline we need to lynch her and free you up to shoot whoever you want. DGB is the most obvious scum to grace this thread.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1715 (isolation #47) » Thu May 27, 2010 8:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

How come troll is so nice to you but so mean to me?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1727 (isolation #48) » Fri May 28, 2010 4:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

imaginality wrote:Because he knows there's little chance of me dodging his next bullet, and his preemptive basking in the sweet, sweet glow of his impending victory takes the edge off his grumpiness?
lol.

<3 imaginality.
RedCoyote wrote: I would be pretty shocked if she flipped scum, and her wagon seemed hypocritical, imo.
ITT RC catches on pretty slow.
farside22 wrote:Also UK are you the one that does the 999 damage? If so who did you target last night?
That would be 9999 damage, not 999 damage.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1784 (isolation #49) » Fri May 28, 2010 10:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

The way I see it, Chronopie is quite probably scum who sees himself in the home stretch. The death of all those others just gave the scum a very clear picture of how close they are to winning the game, so I think it's now of all time they would want to make a gambit and thar she blows. I think he just wants to trade lives with the vig.

##vote: Chronopie

That just has to be the way I fall on this one. If he IS telling the truth, Kitty is probably just an SK, not a vig shooting at a large scum teeam, so we aren't in imminent danger anyway.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1833 (isolation #50) » Fri May 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

My gut is with indecisive kitten. As I read chronopie's posts from yesterday, something seemed quite off.

If found what was off, quoted mod interaction incorrectly. Well, we already gg'ed DGB for something that wasn't elbow grease and ole country scumhunting, might as well do it again.

Observe all these role names and flavor titles revealed by death, in the OP.
zoraster wrote: Day 1: Parama, High School Civics Teacher, the Motive Cop was modkilled.
Night 1: xvart the Speaker of the House part of the Legislature was talked to death
Night 1: ojanen, Diplomat from England, the Vanilla Townie took 9999 damage
Day 2: Nicodemus, Director of Homeland Security, the Vanilla Townie was lynched
Night 2: Jack, Grassroots Organizer, the Vanilla Townie was talked to death.
Night 2: LlamaFluff, Traffic Cop, the Town Redirector took 9999 damage
Day 3: d3x the Secretary of State part of the Executive was sniped
Day 3: FishytheFish the Chief Justice of SCOTUS part of the Judiciary was sniped
Day 3: Shotty to the Body the Senate Majority Leader part of the Legislature was sniped
Day 3: animorpherv1 the Secretary of Defense part of the Executive was sniped
Day 3: DrippingGoofball, Pharmaceutical Representative, the Mafia Goon was lynched
Night 3: Ellibereth, Secret Service Agent, the Town Bodyguard took 9999 damage
Day 4: imaginality, Associate Justice of SCOTUS, a member of the Judiciary was sniped
Day 4: Chronpie, American Trial Lawyers Association Chairman, the Mafia Role Cop was lynched
Night 4: farside, C-SPAN Executive, the Town Tracker took 9999 damage

Winners So Far:
Day 4: Zorblag, Fringe Tea Party Activist, the Neutral Sniper Vigilante Wins
As you can see, Zoraster has included both their flavor title and their role title. Sometimes he switches the order, but both is always there.

Observe the format the role title has. It's a noun. A no nonsense noun that could pass in a normal game (except for the very factional executive, judiciary, and legislative roles that have gotten so themey they are runon sentences).

"Motive Cop". "Vanilla Townie", "Town Redirector", "Town Bodyguard". Even "Neutral Sniper Vigilante" is getting straight to the point, and isn't steeped in flavor. Those are the role titles. My role title is Vanilla Townie, I'd recommend everyone use their own as a good example.

The flavor title is separate. It is a noun, one that might have adjectives and prepositional clauses describing it to make it more flavorful, but it is a noun. "C-Span Executive", "Secret Service Agent", "Pharmaceutical Representative". Against, I'm skipping the 6 government roles because they are defined by the game and they don't follow the other ones' formatting.

My flavor title, and I feel like it's worth saying my exact flavor title now, is "Country Music Superstar", also a noun.

So we have a role title, a
flavorless noun
and a flavor title [/u]a flavored noun[/u].

Chronopie said that:
Chronopie wrote:I figure, seeing as I'm run up, I should make an actual, 100% real full claim.

--

I'm a Scum Rolecop. UK is "Serial Killer with Inquisitive Tendencies." I cannot send in both a kill and rolecop the same night.
"Serial Killer with Inquisitive Tendencies" does not follow the format. If she is a serial killer, her role title would have been given in a flavorless, no nonsense way, like every other role in the game I've seen (except ones themselves defined by flavor, and even those are essentially saying "Legislative Goon A" not explaining the person likes margaritas and long walks on the beach). So if UK were a Serial Killer, her role title would be "Serial Killer".

The "with Inquisitive Tendencies" is flavor, it can't go into the role title. So that means zoraster gave Chrono pie the flavor too. But the flavor title would be a noun, not just a clause, every other flavor title is a noun.

.: Chronopie made it up. He probably got her role title and her flavor title. When he claimed he was going to say she was an SK since a 2-man gambit had to work 4 shore, but he knew each role had some flavor with it and role cops were given flavor so he sprinkled some flavor in there, he just didn't do it right. Curiously, he went with "Inquisitive", which is a trait many associate with kittens, which might be why he picked on some level of consciousness.

So, in face of charter's scummy word and that of super-trustworthy dying scum, I still think UK is town. And I think we're against a big mafia that doesn't need many more mislynches to drive it home. We had lots of power die early, and lot of vanilla die late/still living, and six people who were supposed to help us got chain sniped. So I don't think it's unreasonable to think things are going that bad even if we just lynched 2 scum.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1834 (isolation #51) » Fri May 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I just used proof by contradiction format that I learned in my Discrete Structures class at college >_<. Ask me to re-explain if needed.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1852 (isolation #52) » Sat May 29, 2010 8:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

O, this part.

##vote: Charter

UncertainKitten wrote:That...was about the most amazing logic post I have ever seen that uses the structure of role names to their advantage. Like, seriously, that was amazing.
<33
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1869 (isolation #53) » Sat May 29, 2010 9:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

UK, in this setup you have to keep lying posthammer in case it affects people's night actions. He's not being unsportsmanlike.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1913 (isolation #54) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:21 am

Post by popsofctown »

:(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1920 (isolation #55) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

What ruined this game is that the others had all the power to help the town as they moved towards their wincon, but they all just volunteered to get mowed down. Town didn't really have that much power so they just died.

I figured the "with inquisitive tendencies" could have been a second night power, but thought it was worth it to vote charter because it seemed improbable, and because I hadn't liked charter's play.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1951 (isolation #56) » Sat May 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'd probably have to read the game from an omniscient perspective to see how well the mafia scum team worked.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1960 (isolation #57) » Sat May 29, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

For potential Janitoring i thinks
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”