Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Devotress »

@nerocain: I forgot unvoting was needed. It was pretty much a joke vote anyway though so.

@prana and @nerocain:
What is wrong with wagoning for the sake of wagoning? It's the best way to get information earlier on, you push a wagon, see how various people react to the wagon, and then that's info you have for the rest of the game. Wagon's don't have to lead to a lynch.

Infact
unvote

Vote quadz
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Devotress »

Nero Cain wrote:
Devotress wrote:@nerocain: I forgot unvoting was needed. It was pretty much a joke vote anyway though so.

@prana and @nerocain:
What is wrong with wagoning for the sake of wagoning? It's the best way to get information earlier on, you push a wagon, see how various people react to the wagon, and then that's info you have for the rest of the game. Wagon's don't have to lead to a lynch.

Infact
unvote

Vote quadz
Devotress wrote:@nerocain: I forgot unvoting was needed. It was pretty much a joke vote anyway though so.

@prana and @nerocain:

Infact
unvote

Vote quadz
And what information would we get? A role claim?
A pro-town/scum response? Even then we'd have to decipher it.
As far as wagon's not leading to a lynch, they don't have to but they can. What if we had a Executioner? People should reserve their vote until they are absolutely sure.
God forbid we have to decipher information in a game of mafia.
Yes I'm hoping for a protown/scum response.
Also wagon information is usefull throughout the game. Vote analysis, on like day 4, is huge, looking back at what wagon's people were willing to hop onto and when, etc.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:08 am

Post by Devotress »

If Kdub flips scum Prana is his buddy.

sorry.

Serious time.
@Prana, what's your opinion on the Quad wagon now that it's had some time and Quad has responded to it?
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Devotress »

Nero Cain wrote:
Devotress wrote:
God forbid we have to decipher information in a game of mafia.
Yes I'm hoping for a protown/scum response.
Also wagon information is usefull throughout the game. Vote analysis, on like day 4, is huge, looking back at what wagon's people were willing to hop onto and when, etc.
That could get us no where. A scummer could say something so town like he's believed and a townie could say something scummy/freak out and we end up in a mis lynch. What are we gonna do, go around and bandwagon eveyone unlike we get a response you like? Any info that helps the town also helps the scum.
How do you even suggest a game of mafia to be played? this is a serious question. If you say decifering information is bad, what the hell is this game to you? Wait for a cop claim?

Devotress wrote: Serious time.
@Prana, what's your opinion on the Quad wagon now that it's had some time and Quad has responded to it?
Why are you only asking him? There are a few other players in the game.

vote: Devo
[/quote]

He was online and had expressed, alongside you, disinterest in the quad wagon earlier. I was curious what he thought of the wagon now that we'd gotten a bad resonse from quad.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Devotress »

I broke my quote tags. frown.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Devotress »

Nerocain: I'm sorry. But you're saying I'm scummy for asking a specific question of someone who was online at the moment, when that's exactly what you're doing right now.

And you are not getting away without answering this question properly:
Nero Cain wrote:That could get us no where. A scummer could say something so town like he's believed and a townie could say something scummy/freak out and we end up in a mis lynch. What are we gonna do, go around and bandwagon everyone unlike we get a response you like? Any info that helps the town also helps the scum.
devotress wrote: How do you even suggest a game of mafia to be played? this is a serious question. If you say deciphering information is bad, what the hell is this game to you? Wait for a cop claim?
Not going around and starting bandwagons just to get a supposed reaction. I mean really, do you think scum or gonna be like "Oh you got me!". NOOO

Your answer is not sufficient. You specifically said information was bad. And I said "how should the game be played" and your response was only to reiterate that it shouldn't be played the way I am, not to say how it should be.

Nerocain, if information helps scum and should not be a method of playing as you've stated in the quoted posts, how do you suggest one plays the game of mafia?
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Devotress »

Editing the above, I allready said I thought quad's response was bad nero.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by Devotress »

Saying Fair enough is a hell of a response to someone voting you and calling you scum bv.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Devotress »

sure
unvote

Vote BV

Sometimes when I'm scum, I have this habbit of not wanting to argue too hard when people call me scum, like, "I'll look like i'm paranoid about being caught if I argue it all the time!" This isn't rational, but it is a thought process I've had.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Devotress »

Jeez. Fine.
unvote

Vote quadz

I want to show you something:
quadz08 wrote:/confirm :)
quadz08 wrote:VOTE: Chronopie Dude, I love Zoidberg! Jerk.
quadz08 wrote:I am apparently not familiar enough with Square Enix haha. The flavor text meant very little to me.

Also, I'm not sure if I find the Screaming Death Clan annoying or amusing.
quadz08 wrote:I may be somewhat V/LA this weekend, just as a warning. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to post.
quadz08 wrote:WHAT A JERK!

@Midnight: I would fly into a rage, destroying all in my path leading straight to you. All in my way would be laid waste; the path behind me a hellish wasteland, unable to sustain even the hardiest of bacteria. I would reach you, tear you limb from limb, and then slap you, just once, on the left cheekbone. I would shave your head and weave your hair into lace doilies to be placed under my morning coffee. I would rip out your toenails and force-feed them to you. Then, I would light a small fire inside your liver, and watch it spread slowly throughout your body, as I laugh and enjoy a blueberry scone.

Also, I would call you a jerk.
quadz08 wrote:Nobody loves meeeeeee.....
quadz08 wrote:
Where were you on the night the lights went out?
I was the one in the corner with bill and Nero, circumsizing the frog. (They'll probably deny it.)
What are your thoughts on this game atm? Waiting to get out of RVS? Have any idea how this will happen when several people refuse to get on with it?
http://miniurl.org/Zet
quadz08 wrote:Woooo! First large game ever, and I'm already at L-3! I am on a ROLL.

Also, my first game and the other game I'm currently in both had very little RVS, so forgive me if it seems like I'm prolonging it. I'm just having so much fun making up creepy serial killer stories!
quadz08 wrote:
Kise wrote: Votes are locked in until you unvote. Reck knows why.
I don't know what this implies. Care to explain, reck?
quadz08 wrote:Reck, I'm still waiting for a response to my question. What did the mod mean when he said that you knew why unvotes were necessary?
It seems to me that wagons are happening at lightspeed in this game. Maybe I'm just not used to large games, but this seems weird to me. Here's how it looks like stuff is going:

"Hey [insert name here] seems scummy cause of [insert single reason here]. Imma vote him"
"me too"
"me three"
"me four"

This doesn't seem productive in the least. If you're going to vote, one would think that you should at least put a teensy bit of explanation?
quadz08 wrote:Ok, did a re-read. Dram, wtf? Gandalf was clearly joking, responding to an RQ. Your suspicion of him seems rather far-fetched. UNVOTE:
Fos: Dram
quadz08 wrote:@Anyone who has played with Fate or Reckoner: Do they always play like this? Because it doesn't seem terribly productive to me.
quadz08 wrote:That is unfortunate...

Wall of text yes, but just look at that. That is the entirety of Quad's posting in this game since it officially started. Look at the actual posts, and he has the nerve to complain twice, that OTHER people are not very productive. I'm genuinely offended at him saying wagoning is unproductive while he's literally added nothing into the game, while still posting a fair enough bit.
This is active lurking.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by Devotress »

quadz08 wrote:@Devo: To clarify, my question was meant to imply that the way they are playing is distracting, and makes it very tough to discuss most anything seriously and continuously. It's anti-town, at best.

You're correct in saying that I haven't put forth much content, and I plan to remedy that, beginning with this post. However, I feel it's important to point out that I don't know of many players who have produced much more. But, I digress.
Pretty much anyone who had contributed to discussion with an opinion. Anyone who drove forward any bandwagon because that brings discussion. Anyone who YELLED IN CAPSLOCK because atleast they are putting forth opinions while they do so, regardless of how distracting you find the CAPSLOCK.

Not counting your last post that is, you expressed an opinion or two in that one.
After being called out your active lurking.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by Devotress »

Suprise accessibility issues, sorry guys.

I get where you guys are coming from on regards to dramonic misrepping someone, but, I've found in my experience acusing others of not contributing, while not contributing yourself, is something I've seen in newbie scum. I'd really love a Quad wagon to be built more because I honestly believe he commited a larger scumtell over a larger period of time than what dramonic did.

If I switch over to dramonic, can we all agree that if dramonic flips town we can all take a look at when the dramonic wagon built steam versus the quad wagon dying off?
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Devotress »

Nero Cain wrote: That's a huge misrep. Never once did I say that information was bad. Nor did I say information should not be shared. I've played enough mafia, you read a player. Specifically scum, what they say is not always what they mean. You're saying "lets bandwagon folks for no other reason then to get a "response". :facepalm: IF that's the way we should play we should then we should go around today (day 1) and just bandwagon to see how each person reacts. But you're not doing that. What I get from you is that we start a NEW wagon each day. I'm sorry that doesn't exactly sound pro-town to me.
I do not believe I misrepresented you, I believe you are not understanding what the words you are saying translate to in other peoples heads.

Case In point:
Nero Cain wrote: That could get us no where. A scummer could say something so town like he's believed and a townie could say something scummy/freak out and we end up in a mis lynch. What are we gonna do, go around and bandwagon eveyone unlike we get a response you like?
Any info that helps the town also helps the scum.
[b/]
If anyone feels I "misrepped" Nerocain by saying this post said information was bad, vote me now.
This post (my bolding), says we should not build wagons for information, because any information wagons build, SCUM COULD ALSO USE.
Nerocain, I feel like you're responding to different words than what have been said by both of us.

NeroCain wrote: line up lynches.

She votes Bill as a joke.

Then she hops on the reck wagon...but forgot to unvote.

Then she jumps on Quad wagon.

Then she jumps on BV.

And then states she is willing to switch to ANOTHER wagon.
This however is a misrep, I ask everyone to take a closer look at the quadz wagon if dramonic flips town and you call it "lining up lynches". I didn't say "everyone promise to lynch quads", I said "everyone promise to LOOK AT QUADZ"
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Devotress »

Editing above, this quote should have been in my last post. It's the post where I asked everyone to look at the quadz wagon again if dramonic flips town. It's the post thats "lining up lynches"
Devotress wrote:Suprise accessibility issues, sorry guys.

I get where you guys are coming from on regards to dramonic misrepping someone, but, I've found in my experience acusing others of not contributing, while not contributing yourself, is something I've seen in newbie scum. I'd really love a Quad wagon to be built more because I honestly believe he commited a larger scumtell over a larger period of time than what dramonic did.

If I switch over to dramonic, can we all agree that if dramonic flips town we can all take a look at when the dramonic wagon built steam versus the quad wagon dying off?
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Devotress »

@glork, I specifically said why I was singling out quadz allready, but i'll forgive you since you have to try and read the whole thread and comment on it.

Not contributing while simultaneously complaining about other people not contributing is worse than just not contributing. This made quadz worse then all the other lurkers, in a way that I've specifically believe to be scummy, not just anti town.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:36 am

Post by Devotress »

Nero Cain wrote:While part of me DOES agree with you that yes it is possible to catch scum by putting pressure on them and then they react funny but MY problem with you is that you continue to bandwagon whenever a new wagon pops up.
This is factually untrue, and you need to go reread me again.

Quadz was the first wagon I pushed.

Joke vote for bill
Joke vote for reck (unless you think "he sounds like kefka" was a serious vote.)
Qaudz wagon.
I'm maybe the second person to vote for bill, when he does something rediculously scummy. Fact.
I switch back to quadz when he commits what I believe to be a scum tell.

Also nice of you to say my 323 is horrible without adressing the whole arguement I made about you misrepping me about that very post.

Nerocain If I hadn't played that newbie game with you where you were like this the whole time, I wouldn't know what to think about you.

So To summarize your arguement on me.
I'm hopping on every bandwagon, despite only being on one real wagon (quadz)
I'm scummy for asking prana alone a question, when it was deffinatly a question that specifically applied to him.
I'm scummy for being open to the idea of switching my vote off of quadz if town isn't going to lynch him.
I'm scummy for thinking the Quadz wagon and where it stopped should be analyzed if dramonic turned out to be town.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:37 am

Post by Devotress »

Your jp vote is good posting though. wishywashy guy.

I still have my hopes up that people will see the light about quadz for now but deadline is looming.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #20) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:42 am

Post by Devotress »

Devotress wrote:Your jp vote is good posting though. wishywashy guy.

I ment jp when I said wishywashy guy.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:43 am

Post by Devotress »

Devotress wrote: I'm maybe the second person to vote for bill, when he does something rediculously scummy. Fact.
This should say I was the second person maybe to vote for BV. not bill.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #22) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:59 am

Post by Devotress »

Oh yah man, you were completly right about ray I know.
It's just the way you went about attacking him made me sure you were the scum instead of him :(
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Devotress »

@Nerocain: So last Night I kind of assumed I had a longer reply incoming after you did some rereading or something, since you quoted the one non game relevant part of my post to respond too.

@Glork. I didn't coincidentally choose to get on the large wagon, I delibratly chose to pressure on the large early wagon to get a response, because what else can I do immediatly coming out of RVS. After Quadz gave a horrible response I thought "wagon successfull!" and kept pushing him.

Deadline is a little over 24 hours. Quad wagon is goners for some reason.
Dramonic I guess
unvote

vote dramonic
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Devotress »

By last night I ment this morning.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #25) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Devotress »

Glork wrote:Devo: What do you think of the early Quadz wagon, the people on it, and the response after the wagon hit its peak? If you did it to get reponses, I expect a shit-ton of analysis of said responses.
It wasn't so much to analyze the wagon, that comes later when we've had some flips. Ask me this exact question in a couple game days if I'm still around and you'll have a meaningfull response.

What it is so far, is to analyze quadz' own response to the wagon.
quadz08 wrote:Nobody loves meeeeeee.....
quadz08 wrote:Woooo! First large game ever, and I'm already at L-3! I am on a ROLL.

Also, my first game and the other game I'm currently in both had very little RVS, so forgive me if it seems like I'm prolonging it. I'm just having so much fun making up creepy serial killer stories!
Calm jokey response. This goes with the reason I voted for bv too kind of, it's two approaches to a simaler game idea. When you're scum sometimes you don't want to make a big fuss about votes/accusations, you're scared that'll draw attention to yourself. Misuse of "doth protest to much" and all that.

"hey everyone look how calm I am about the fact I'm close to lynch, nope doesn't worry me" Is the kind of bad response I essentially got from quadz. Adding that onto his complaining about others not contributing being his only contribution, and these are both things I see to be scum tells.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Devotress »

Aren't we all masons essentially?
Chrono are you some special mason where you guys are mod confirmed to eachother? otherwise we're all masons.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Devotress »

quadz08 wrote: This is pretty heavy WIFOM. Had I reacted more seriously, your response would have been "I thought he was scummy because he freaked out when his (mostly random) wagon built up so quickly. There's no need for a reaction like that, he was still 3 votes away from lynch."

Misure of Wifom. Also no I wouldn't, you're wrong, I'm whatever player who may have voted you for that reason previously. There is more than one player of mafia.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Devotress »

That should have read "I'm not whatever player who may have...."
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Devotress »

Quadz. If there's one thing I hate it's players who tell you what you'd react. I'm not allowed to say you commited a scum slip because naturally I would have said the other response was a scum slip too? I'm actually genuinely annoyed at that post. There's a term of the attitude in that post that's lost on me right now.

That's a personal thing and not a gameplay thing though so whatever no need to respond to this post I guess...
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (isolation #30) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by Devotress »

I'm just about to be without internet for a little while. I'm pretty glad this game ended in time for me to see who won.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”