/Invitational 11: Pick your Poison 5 (Game Over)

Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Slicey »

Hello, sorry I'm late. Just read through the first 3 pages, and got bored. I'm not nearly intelligent enough to figure out what's good and what's not but Hoopla's/Rhinox's Assassin/Roleblocker plan seems pretty good. Janitor is absolutely out of the question, as someone said, it basically leads to 2 Day Ones. Daycop is deadly placed with either Assassin or Roleblocker, and Janitor is no good, so Assassin/Roleblocker seems best.

Vote: Roleblocker
Vote: Assassin

Vote: Deadline 1
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Slicey »

Sorry,
Unvote: Roleblocker
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Slicey »

populartajo wrote:Okay I finally reread this stuff.

Ill gladly abridge the hot topics in this thread for people on the go (TM). As obvious, if Im getting the wrong impression of what you thought please correct me asap:

1.- Rhinox and Hoopla suggested an assassin/roleblocker pair with a politic of lynching claimed power roles to

a)reduce the power of the scum roles and
b)prevent scum from fakeclaiming which seems really likely in this scenario.

My thoughs: At first glance I really liked this idea. As the posts progressed, somehow Im resilient to the idea of lynching power roles that have come up with verifiable information/feel town for gut, interactions etc. Anyways, I dont think its that popular so pushing it or trying to find a way to work seems pointless to me.

2.- Zorblag proposed a hider(s) claim to

a)get two confirmed townies and break the game if scum picked two hiders and we dont give scum a roleblocker.
b) get one hider claim, force scum to fakeclaim or to play hunt the hider.
c) get zero hider claims that will give us the same information scum already have and will prevent hider fakeclaims.

My thoughts: I agree with this plan for the simple fact that I really doubt scum gave us a hider and this would be a useless exercise. Anyways, the benefits if they picked wrong greatly amuse me and its worth the try.

3.- Herodotus proposed a massclaim to

a) Force scumbags to counterclaim with an x number of mafiosos unless they want 4 people confirmed in day 0.
b) Elevate our scum lynch ratio.
c) Render the rolecop role useless.

My thoughts: As all massclaims, they sound good in theory, I dont know how effective they would be in practice. It forces the rolecop/janitor tanget with the shenanigans the janitor always bring, but somehow Ive been moved by the pro-janitor crowd. A lonely ???? result with a healthy amount of other lynches doesnt sound so bad at all. The argument of a ???? covering a power role is likely to happen only if we are about to lynch a claimed power role which we should avoid doing days 1,2 and 3 if we are going to massclaim.

Somehow Im starting to like this idea more than I anticipated.
Tajo, I love you.

Also massclaim seems like a great idea and much better than the assassin/roleblocker one. Which other scum power would we give with rolecop (I'm assuming Janitor).
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Slicey »

Papa Zito wrote:We shouldn't claim anything. Claiming is useless. We should be picking some crap to give to the scum that won't matter because we're lynching them anyway. And we should do it before this DAY 0 drags to eternity.
This is the best post in this whole topic.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Slicey »

Well, actually, just the last two sentences. XD
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Slicey »

not a hider.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Slicey »

Vote: Roleblocker

Let's get this shit done with please.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”