/Invitational 11: Pick your Poison 5 (Game Over)

My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:05 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Vote: Deadline Option #2

I'll go over the role options and walls in this game right now.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:44 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

The main concerns I have right now is why we are not having a massclaim already. It's not as if the scum would have given us very useful roles to begin with. Let's divide this game up into two pools. This is not about preserving any power roles as that would be focusing on the wrong issue at hand. The issue is making the ratios work for us. If we claim we get two pools of 4-6 players in the claim pool and 12-10 in the non claim pool.

Going with 4-12, that would mean that we have 4/12 scums. One useless scum power role. And scum are forced to nightkill our confirmeds 4 nights in a row. The crappy side of this is that we have to lynch a scum before night 4. But if we can't lynch a single scum in four days, we'd suck either way. Also in this scenario, it might not be a good idea to give them the janitor.

Going with 5/6-10/11, 3 scum out of 11 or 2 scum out of 10. Still one useless scum role. Scum can't nightkill in the pool of 5/6 and are forced to help us lower the number in the 10/11 man pool. Not sure about janitor in these situations.

Going with 7-9, 3 scum out of 7. Still one useless scum role. We just start lynching in our claim pool. No janitor preferred here. Assassin works wonders here.

Going with 8-8. 4 scum out of 8. ...

Our worst case massclaim scenario has us mislynching 4 times in a row (barring power role interventions), which is the same as when we don't claim and mislynch, but then again, our wcs is without wifom surrounding every claim and does not require stupid plans like "don't claim at all" or "lynch all claims on sight".

It's simple, the benefits are enough for me:
- obvious scum ratios in smaller pools
- no wifom or silly policies over every claim, just hack 'n lynch if needed
- one useless (rolecop) and one semi-useless (assassin, depending on scenario) scum pr's instead of one (rb) or two (rb, assassin) semi-useful role(s) and/or one useful role

Disadvantages
- power roles will be hindered in what they can do
Considering how scum picked our roles I don't think we'll be gaining
that
much out of them to begin with that we'll need to abort a massclaim. And even if we massclaim, there is always a way for them to get something done; there's four of them and only one semi-useful scum power role if chosen correctly.

With this I postpone my role votes until after a massclaim.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:47 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

No to hider claims.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:17 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Not hider.

Also, a one hider claim is dodgy
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:18 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

fucking spastic pinky on my keyboard

[cont]as hell. I don't remember whether the hider claimer was pushing for hiders to claim or not.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Why I do not like one hider claim:

There's absolutely no certainty that we have a hider. I cannot imagine what benefits one could see that are not in a massclaim. In fact one of the biggest disadvantages imo is the uncertainty of the claim. If we had massclaimed before assigning the scum roles we would have gotten more certainty. And now that there is one hider claim and not two or none, the likelihood of a fakeclaim lies higher. Was the hider against a massclaim?
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:25 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Mod

I apologize for my lack of posting. My inlaws are renovating their cabin in the woods (since last Sat/Sun) and I have absolutely no Internet there (let alone electricity). I expected to be home at least once every day, but that appears not to be manageable due to the work load and capability concerning transport and time management (at least up until this point it hasn't been) (only home right now to re-enroll for college). I expect the renovations to end the first weekend of September (4-5) so either I announce a V/LA for the first game day or I'll find a (temporarily(?)) replacement? Whatever seems best for the mod. Once more, my apologies for a lack of clearness about this, but things went differently than I expected...

If the mod gives a green light for a vla until then, I'll check the current state of the game tomorrow and post whenever I can/am home.
Responding via PM. --Flay
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:12 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Hi, I'm back. I didn't get a green light yet from the mod, but I assume there is no issue with me re-replacing myself as SK is on v/la this weekend to begin with. Thanks for the patience and understanding. I will pick up posting tonight or tomorrow depending on when I finish reading this topic and my level of tiredness.
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:30 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Catching up in two large games of the same size >_>
I'm nearly finished with this one (+-10 pages left), but the other one is this [ ] close to deadline and I read only half of it. Giving that one priority until night hits there.

Until then,
Vote: mith
. I may not have any tangible reasons for my vote (well I don't really), but all I know is that he has been pinging my gut ever since this game started, mainly because I feel the tone in his posts is really artificial and forced. Either that or I'm imagining things and it's his playstyle (if so, sorry).
Eek
!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”