Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #277 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:27 am

Post by Empking »

Vote; RF
- His "I don't think we should quicklynch" spieil means he's scum because its just so completely stupid and begging for people to see town tells in it. (plus I'd expected scum to leap at it if he was town.)

Unvote

Vote; Guderian

I think this is a good wagon.

Also; Does anybody here have the ability to read Fate?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #284 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Empking »

Magua wrote:In your skimming, you miss the size 200 "YES YES YES" and you focus on that.

Interesting.

@Empking:
What's the point of voting RayFrost if you're going to unvote and vote Gud in the same post?
My FoSs are completely different from my votes. I wanted to make it clear to everyone in my first post that RF was vote-worthy.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #351 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:28 am

Post by Empking »

Singer: Would you say your play has improved?

Fate, Andy: Do you think there is a minimum amount of time that the past-day 1 days should last?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #359 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Empking »

Fate: Where did you answer it?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #364 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Empking »

Fate;
within
within
within
within
10 minutes is
within
50% of battery (I presume) but I consider 10 minutes too quick. What's your
minimum
amount?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #369 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Empking »

Fate: His continued pushing of there being a QL and then his bareface lie of saying he only once pushed there being a quick lynch when he did it at least twice.

Also, it isn't technically, you just straight up didn't answer it.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #373 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Empking »

Hi guys, I disapprove of quick lynching. The faith given to seraphs is great and all, but they won't be able to use their freaking powers if we lynch before they send in a PM, just like all the other players that aren't on during this that have powers. This isn't a good strategy since it's essentially random lynching and putting all the faith in the seraphs (hehehehe, puntastic).

I promote a less random, willy nilly approach. Like actually playing mafia. Who knows, it might be a good idea.
Post for Andrius that I was typing before equi posted:

Seriously guys, the idea of quick lynching to hope for getting scum is stupid. I disapprove heavily. Saying "let's let the seraphs do all the work and not do anything but randomly lynch peoples and hope we get lucky" is the pinnacle of pro-scum play, in my opinion.

Regardless of the lack of PRs or such, continuing this path is beyond the edge of foolishness. I can (if stretching myself) understand D1, but the fact you are trying to extend this to D2 is bad (and you DO NOT KNOW if there are other PRs, IIRC - the mod hasn't confirmed either way).
To say that I've been pushing it continually (when I did so ONCE) is misrepresentation of the situation.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #389 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Empking »

singersigner wrote:
Empking wrote:Singer: Would you say your play has improved?
What kind of question is that?
[/quote]

A question that wants an answer.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #393 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by Empking »

singersigner wrote:
Empking wrote:
singersigner wrote:
Empking wrote:Singer: Would you say your play has improved?
What kind of question is that?
A question that wants an answer.
What do you hope to gain out of me answering that question?
I'll tell you after you answer it.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #407 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by Empking »

FoS: Singer
- She's not playing to how I think town Singer plays and when coupled with her avoidance andf poor answrr to my question I'm pretty confident that she's scum.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #409 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by Empking »

singersigner wrote:PREVIEW EDIT:
Empking wrote:
FoS: Singer
- She's not playing to how I think town Singer plays and when coupled with her avoidance andf poor answrr to my question I'm pretty confident that she's scum.
How do you think I play town? Like crap?
Yeah, pretty much.
What made my answer so poor?
It was incredibly uncomitted.
You did say you'd tell me what you were looking for. Or did you forget?
Your play in this game (I feel) is miles ahead of how I'm used to town Singer playing. Now I've you've improved in which case I'd expect you to be aware of such a massive jump
or
your scum play is different from your town play, a fact that you'd not have enough self-awareness to notice.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #413 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Empking »

Un-FoS: Singer

I do think that the parts that differ between a player's scum meta versus town meta is something unknown to that player (otherwise they'd change it, surely.)

Andy, can you back up:
I told Andrius I'd play this game to show him that I don't suck that much anymore.
Edit; RayFrost, how many "streams" have you posted in? When did that stream end?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #442 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:19 am

Post by Empking »

Equinox:
What sort of answer were you looking for, and how would scum answer differently from town?
Yes or No. (Or more likely, I think so or I don't think so). If the explaination for Singer's different play was just improvement then I'd have expected the same answer from both. If the difference is scum play versus town play then I would have expected a "no".
...how is this not obvious?
Well because bananas cause the rollerskate (OR because Rayfrost just made up a term and I'm not privy to his inner most thoughts.

Equinox: What is "planting seeds of doubt"?

Reading the post Equinox posts now.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #451 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:11 am

Post by Empking »

RayFrost wrote:For Empking: This is the start of stream 9.
Empking wrote:
...how is this not obvious?
Well because bananas cause the rollerskate (OR because Rayfrost just made up a term and I'm not privy to his inner most thoughts.
Definition 2a. Please, do say I'm making shit up in the future so I can educate you on what words mean.
No. Words aren't just a collection of definitions. If you want to use definition 2a you (as your example shows) use an "of" and then a noun (in this case you would use "posts").
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #454 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:15 am

Post by Empking »

I agree that looking at MoHO too much is the wrong direction. For example there are no lights or shadows thus far plus we've seen the new "165 faith" power. Saying that, I think we can presume that the town seraphs get more of the battery boost and stuff like that.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #456 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:39 am

Post by Empking »

Equinox wrote: Also, have you not been reading? :eek:
How do you say that?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #458 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:42 am

Post by Empking »

Sorry, that should read post-Equinox posts. I answered your post as soon as I read it rather than after finishing reading the thread.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #465 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:19 am

Post by Empking »

RayFrost wrote:
Empking wrote:I agree that looking at MoHO too much is the wrong direction. For example there are no lights or shadows thus far plus we've seen the new "165 faith" power. Saying that, I think we can presume that the town seraphs get more of the battery boost and stuff like that.
"Saying that we can't rely on the previous game, we can totally tell the seraphs are getting more battery boosts" - Empking

I fail to follow this logic.
Stuff like the cost of Neighbourizers (and the like) are balance issues. Stuff like who benefits from quick days are issues of principle.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #532 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:52 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Vote: Kit

The wagon seems to be very much a town one, the reasoning is good and I want a quickish lynch.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #534 (isolation #19) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Gud
Can't say I think much of the Seraph's choice though.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #540 (isolation #20) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:56 am

Post by Empking »

Actually, taking into account Kit's flip.

Unvote

Vote: RayFrost
- Mothrax? Really, that was where your vote was best placed?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #542 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:59 am

Post by Empking »

inHimshallibe wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:Hmmm. Kito's lynch definitely brings some stuff on the table.

What do you guys think of the smoke on Magua's #526? I'm thinking that ye gods are telling us something.
The first stuff brought to the table would be why you weren't on the lynch.

I guess if Magua turns out to be scum, you have a sorta good reason. I GUESS. As for the smoke, was that determined to be a form of communication from the Good Gods in MOHO? I'm not going to go back and read it today, so it'd be cool if someone just said Yes/No.

In MOHO, the town Seraph could smoke/light a post for free. The scum seraph could also contrbute in that manner but it had a price.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #563 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Empking »

Jack wrote:More votes on Magua.
That's not a Gud wagon. *Snort*
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #567 (isolation #23) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Empking »

Furcolow wrote:willing to vote magua for seraph, but that may be wifom
Would you mind rephrasing that? (I think I know what you mean after thinking about it but I'd like to be sure.)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #569 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Empking »

mothrax wrote:We seem to be forgetting that it is possible that there are two scum teams out there still. So saying a kitori flip makes Gude less likely to be scum is a nullpoint.

Going back to where my vote was.

Vote Guderian
The flip ("Dark Demon" rather than "Shadowed Dark Demon") also suggests that that's the case.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #609 (isolation #25) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Post by Empking »

Though Gud is scum and the ragequitting only makes him more so, I'd like this day to last a couple of RL days in order to let the town Seraph to use his points and let any new town power roles use their ability.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #616 (isolation #26) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:56 am

Post by Empking »

RayFrost wrote:I suppose I should have said "respond to my point" instead of linking to it, eh? If you are going to merely avoid arguing your case, then you are admitting that your vote is based off of completely crap reasoning and is parked just to avoid being on the current likely lynch (aka: gud).

Thanks for at least not trying to hide the fact your vote is a throw away. Now I know who to look at next.

p.s. - you can make it easier for all of us by saying who your buddies are.
Sooooooooooooo fake.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #624 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Empking »

AlmasterGM wrote:Empking's #277 comes just 2 hours after his abscense was noted.[snip]This REEKS of scum lurking and then coming when called.
1. On the first day (by which I mean with 24 hours of day starting) 2 hours doesn't even approach "just". Anything under 10 minutes is not "just" and even then its probably a coincidence.
Page 13

Vi wrote:Vote Count IV: Fierce clashes
Guderian (L-4) ~ inHimshallibe, Andrius, Kitoari, mothrax, VasudeVa, Empking
Jack (L-8) ~ Guderian, Magua
mothrax (L-8) ~ Baby Spice, RayFrost
Kitoari (L-8) ~ Equinox, Jack
Magua (L-9) ~ Nachomamma8
Look at that Guderian wagon. Kitoari adding the steam, and then Empking furthering it. Helllllllllllllloooooooooooooooo scumteam.
You're basing that analysis on most of the town being wrong and Gud and Kit not being scum together right? You might want to wait for the flip before doing that.
Page 15

Empiking's #351 is scummy because, as Fate points out, he's just asking questions that have already been answered, and 2) It doesn't contribute FUCKING ANYTHING. Note: he later demonstates he is not reading the thread in #359.
1. They weren't answered. At all. Fate was mistaken about thinking he answered my question and there were two other questions.
2. Yes it doesn't contribute anything. Its not like the question to Fate and Andy are the ONLY reasons for Gud being alive right now. No, not at all.
3. Er no because Fate never answered the question. He was referring to a post he never made.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #627 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:39 am

Post by Empking »

Furcolow wrote:ray seems like snarky town in his latest post
i'll hammer, as replacing into this mess might be worse for the wear
vote: gud

two hammers in one day? priceless.
You stole my hammer you dirty...
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #633 (isolation #29) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Empking »

Empking wrote:
RayFrost wrote:I suppose I should have said "respond to my point" instead of linking to it, eh? If you are going to merely avoid arguing your case, then you are admitting that your vote is based off of completely crap reasoning and is parked just to avoid being on the current likely lynch (aka: gud).

Thanks for at least not trying to hide the fact your vote is a throw away. Now I know who to look at next.

p.s. - you can make it easier for all of us by saying who your buddies are.
Sooooooooooooo fake.
"Now I know who to look at next" - "look at" AKA might be scum.
"p.s. - you can make it easier for all of us by saying who your buddies are." - Definitely

The last line is completely false bravado.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #635 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Empking »

AGar wrote:Because town has never suggested that a player they feel is scum should give up and turn in a list of names. :roll:

Seriously, that's the poorest analysis I could've expected from anyone...
He didn't "feel is scum" he "know
who to look at next". So stop with the irrelevance.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1740 (isolation #31) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Empking »

Epic town victory. Simply epic. If there was a "Best performance in a Losing Cause" scummy I'd nominate Singer for it.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1813 (isolation #32) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:03 am

Post by Empking »

Vi; Is therre a reason you're ignoring the really obvious solution: simply reducing the % difference in Battery Faith?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1840 (isolation #33) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Empking »

Vi wrote:
Empking wrote:Vi; Is therre a reason you're ignoring the really obvious solution: simply reducing the % difference in Battery Faith?
Vi wrote:I personally still think it's an issue. However, the obvious solution - simply get rid of the % difference in Battery Faith - isn't necessarily appealing because
1) it removes the incentive to play quickly, and
2) people actually LIKE the incentive to play quickly
You mean this?
No I mean "reducing". So the incenctive is still there (though reduced (but its not like people built mathematical models to work out whether we should quicklynch or not anyway.))

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”